The best games like DISTRAINT are:
- arrow_rightThe Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
- arrow_rightResident Evil Revelations
- arrow_rightResident Evil HD Remaster
- arrow_rightSuperbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
- arrow_rightThe Mooseman
- arrow_rightCity of Brass
100 Best Games Like DISTRAINT:
Filter by Platform Select a Platformarrow_drop_down
1. The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth is a remake of The Binding of Isaac.
The plot is based on a biblical story. Little Isaac and his mother live happily in a small house on the hill. And suddenly the mother heard a voice, which told her that her son is defiled by sins and must be saved. The voice asks the woman to remove all evil from Isaac to save him. There are 12 endings in the game.
By controlling Isaac or other of the six characters to choose from, the player must go through several levels of the basement, consisting of many rooms that are procedurally generated in the game, and the places are inhabited by hostile creatures with who you have to fight. Inside the rooms, the gameplay is designed as a shooter. The character can shoot to defeat his enemies with tears that he cries while avoiding collisions with them. Also, if the character loses all his health, he does not continue the game from the saved point, he dies. After that, the game starts from the beginning.
The game will include all the content of the original game, as well as some innovations: a new Chapter, new characters and enemies, as well as new items and rooms.
2. Resident Evil Revelations
Not every survival horror fully explored different styles and formats like Resident Evil did. Resident Evil Revelations keeps the story and mechanics from the previous installments. It’s set between Resident Evil 4 and 5, taking place right after the creation of BSAA. Agents Jill Valentine and Parker are sent to the cruise ship Queen Zenobia in order to find two missing field agents Chris Redfield and Jessica. But they find a trap, set by a bioterrorist organization Veltro. And now players will have to solve puzzles and to kill monsters.
Revelations are using an episodic storytelling format, separating single player campaign into different segments, allowing players to experience different scenarios and play as several characters throughout the game. But it keeps the main focus and the events on the ghost ship. But aside from the single-player campaign, players can try to complete modified story mode scenarios, fitted for the combat survival. Completing the Raid Mode objectives will allow one or two players to receive experience points and weapons.
3. Resident Evil HD Remaster
The game that defined the survival-horror genre is back! Check out the remastered HD version of Resident Evil.<br/><br/>In 1998 a special forces team is sent to investigate some bizarre murders on the outskirts of Raccoon City. Upon arriving they are attacked by a pack of blood-thirsty dogs and are forced to take cover in a nearby mansion. But the scent of death hangs heavy in the air. Supplies are scarce as they struggle to stay alive.<br/><br/>Graphics<br/><ul><li>More detailed graphics that retain the horror.<br/></li><li>The environments come alive with detail thanks to resolution upgrades and non-static 3D models.<br/></li><li>Post-processing effects like Bloom filters, which were not easy to do at the time of the original release, have been added to make the HD graphics even more realistic.<br/></li><li>High-Resolution Environments - We've increased the resolution of the background environments by recreating them with a mix of high-res static images, plus animated 3D models.</li></ul><br/>Widescreen Support<br/><ul><li>Widescreen (16:9) is supported, so players can experience a greater sense of immersion.<br/></li><li>In widescreen mode, the screen will scroll. The parts of the screen that get cut off on the top and bottom will scroll into view automatically depending on the character's position.<br/></li><li>You can switch the display mode during gameplay in real time.</li></ul><br/>Sound & New Controls<br/><ul><li>High-Quality Sound - The audio has been remastered to increase the sampling rate, and of course 5.1ch output is also now supported.<br/></li><li>New Controls<br/></li><li>You can play using the original control scheme or an alternate control scheme that lets you just push the analog stick to move in the direction you want to go.<br/></li><li>You can switch the control scheme during gameplay in real time.</li></ul>
4. Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP is a pixel art point-and-click quest, split into "sessions." During them, you play as a female Scythian warrior who searches for an ancient book and explores the Caucasus. Accidentally she releases the evil and needs to fix the consequences of her actions. Between these sessions, a smoking character suggests you think over the events and your experience.
Sword & Sworcery features various puzzles you need to solve during the exploration of the world. As a rule, they are somehow connected with music or sounds, so it's better not to play the game in noisy places. Even rare fights with monsters in the game are similar to dances: you need to feel the rhythm of the battle, and attack, defend and dodge predicting the actions of your enemy. The game is soaked with different philosophical ideas, that together with the gameplay, visuals and sound design create something closer to artwork in its core than a classic video game.
Greenwood high school, located in a remote mountainous area, two students found themselves trapped and vulnerable. The place they once knew has changed in unsettling ways, haunted by evil creatures. To escape, they must explore the mysterious campus filled with ominous objects and puzzles. How will they survive in this ever threatening environment? Could they return to safety in one piece?
Set in a fictitious world in the 1960s Taiwan under martial law, Detention, the story-driven atmospheric horror incorporated East Asian elements rarely used in games. Taoism, Buddhism, Chinese mythology, the game draws on local Taiwanese cultural references to tell an unique and terrifying story.
In this 2D atmospheric horror side-scroller, players navigate the main characters in a classic point and click fashion to explore a high school where evil encroaches. While hiding from the rampaging monsters, you are to find items to interact with in the otherworldly rooms. And as more mysteries unveiled, the dark past of a cursed school will finally surface.
2D atmospheric horror with spine-chilling atmosphere.
Immersive gameplay and puzzle solving experience
Unique Taiwanese/Eastern cultural references.
Original sound tracks, fusing Electronic, Lo-Fi, and Rock with traditional Asian instruments.
Unique and appealing graphics.
Multiple language support. (Including English, Chinese)
Mac, Windows and Linux support
Post-apocalyptic story about two travelers who set out on a long journey in the wasteland, left by people after the global epidemic. The disaster destroyed much of the world's population, the infrastructure went wrong and the common life remained only in memories. The times when a human has adapted the environment for himself have end and now, in order to survive, he will have to adapt to changes. You will have to play the character whose path runs through the deserted towns and cities in Russia, fields and forests of a vast country and even a secret underground facility. Who are we, where are we from and where do we go – we will be lucky to know it only at the end!
This adventure story will let you explore in more detail a number of interesting locations of post apocalyptic Russia, filled with a variety of items and secrets. During the journey you will collect supplies, food, batteries and weapons, solve quests and move forward on the plot, which has several variation in the final, depending on your actions.
Categories in common with 35MM: Indie
7. The Mooseman
Welcome to the mysterious world of ancient myth, based on finno-ugric culture of bygone pagan times.
Long-long time ago the world was created out of an egg-shell by a god named Yen. In the murky depths of the endless ocean the Lower World was born. The Middle World was made for the men to dwell, and the Upper World was were the ancient gods would reside. Multitudes of spirits dwell among the layers of creation, guarding their secrets in the dark. Embark on a journey through all the worlds of ancient myth, find artefacts of Chud' tribes and solve all the mysteries of finno-ugric tales.
You are the Mooseman and you have the ability to see all that is hidden to the mortal eye. You are about to visit three layers of this universe - the first one is the Lower World where the spirits of the dead reside.
- Explore the worlds inspired by Perm animal style
- Dive into the deep atmosphere of folk Komi music
- Meet long forgotten gods and spirits
- Learn the ancient myths of finno-ugric tribes
- Don't expect an easy journey, there are riddles in the dark
- Unlock new abilities and use them to get to the Upper World
- Find all the artefacts that are hidden from the mortal eye
8. City of Brass
Become a daring thief in City of Brass, a punishing first-person, Arabian Nights-themed rogue-lite. Armed with scimitar and a whip that can grab, trip, disarm, stun or shatter as well as swing, players will lash and slash, bait and trap their way through hordes of undead, making it to each level’s exit before the Sands of Time run out, collecting treasures and looting chests for weapon and armour upgrades or powerful relics on the way. But the city itself also has teeth. Players will have to leap across pits, slide under blades, avoid spears or arrows, evade or employ sprung paving slabs, and skirt round poison gas traps – all the while manipulating these dangers to their advantage against enemies.
Incarcerated within the city are genies, most of them friendly, who will barter benefits in return for loot or grant wishes for a powerful advantage – or for a ransom, free them to secure their help in the final battle.
The rhythmic interplay between sword and whip is carefully tuned along with sprinting, crouching, sliding, leaping and vaulting to give a fluid, balanced and natural feel to the movement and melee. Eternal replayability is granted by a design that encourages combinative gameplay within an ever-changing but logical procedurally generated world. Players will die in the City of Brass – often, and quite horribly – but they will always want to come back for just one more try…
9. Lakeview Cabin Collection
Relive the horror movies of the 70's and 80's by answering the question: What would you do if you found yourself in a slasher film?
The Lakeview Cabin Collection is an exploration of the world of cult horror movies through four episodes, each with their unique themes and features.
Play as four companions as they use anything they can find to survive in a horror experience unlike any other.
Categories in common with Lakeview Cabin Collection: Indie
Damned: A Randomized Online Horror Game
- What is Damned?
Damned is a randomized online horror game for up to 5 players (4 survivors and 1 monster).
You’ll be able to play as one of four people trapped in different haunted places (hotels, hospitals, etc).
As a survivor your main objective will be finding your way out, as well as helping your friends get out too. You’ll often find yourself on the edge, hearing and seeing ghostly things, trying to find keys and items to help in your escape. And sometimes you’ll find yourself running desperately from a monster, who’s there only to find and kill you and your friends.
You’ll also be able to play as the monster. The game will feature different monsters, each one unique in its gameplay and hunting style.
- What kind of horror game is Damned?
Damned explores the sense of being defenseless against a powerful supernatural force. The survivors can’t directly affect the monster in any way. When it’s there to get you, your only chance is to run and hide.
This perception of being defenseless is very strong, primal and terrifying, it builds up anxiety and makes you really scared, fearing any unexplained noise or movement.
This is how Damned creates horror in a multiplayer game session, and we believe it to be super effective! (tested and approved!)
- Why is Damned a randomized game?
Every stage in Damned is randomized:
- Almost all the objects in a stage may or may not appear;
- The item system is fully random too, randomizing which item will appear in the game, and where it'll be;
- The way to win a match as a survivor is also randomized;
- Even the stage may trigger random events to scare the survivors inside.
- Why is Damned a competitive and cooperative game?
Because in a full game, with 4 survivors and 1 monster, there’ll be a survivor “team” cooperating to try and escape together, and at the same time they’ll be competing against a monster, trying to flee from him and deny each one of its attempt to hunt and kill a survivor.
- How to play as a survivor?
As a survivor you’ll be cooperating with your friends (up to 4 survivors in a single game session):
You and your friends will be searching the level for keys and items to help in your escape;
Each survivor will have a flashlight that can be turned on and off, helping you see your surroundings, but at the same time letting the monster know where you are;
The survivors will be able to manipulate objects throughout the hotel, like drawers, doors, safes, cabinets, wardrobes;
Challenge yourself to find the exit and get out alive.
- How to play as the monster?
As the monster, your game will be all about competing alone against the survivors team.
The game will feature different monsters, each one unique in its play style. It's up to you to play a few rounds with each monster and decide which one works best for you.
How are you going to hunt and kill the survivors?
- Why is Damned worth buying?
Because it’s fun!
It’s really scary, you’ll find yourself on the edge a lot of times, trying to evade the monster or trying to pay closer attention because you don’t know if the sound you just heard is some random noise or if it is the monster haunting you.
It’s a real horror game, it explores deeply the feeling of being completely defenseless against a powerful force that can finish you easily. Your only choice is to run and hide!
And also because it’s really fun to play as the monster as well. You’ll keep haunting and building up anxiety in people, making them terribly scared of you. We really put you in the skin of a terrifying monster.
- Links and contact:
Got any questions and/or suggestions? We want to hear your opinion, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
9heads Game Studios: http://www.9heads.com
Categories in common with Damned: Adventure
11. Life is Hard
"Life is hard" is a strategy/village management game. Your aim here is to control a tribe. Defend your village, harvest resources, expand your town, colonize the islands, upgrade your tools and weapons and contact with other civilizations. There is no specific aim in our game. You can do whatever you want.
Expand your village: build farms and houses, upgrade tools in blacksmith, trade with your neighbors. It’s your destiny to create the most powerful town in this amazing world!
Conquer the world by fire & sword or with power of diplomacy. What would you choose – to help your neighbors to deal with the Vikings for iron ore or to rob them to get more? To pay the Normans tribute or to refuse, condemning your nation to war? To trade with the caravan or to loot it? Make your choice, but remember: every medal has its reverse...
Prove that your civilization is the most cultured by building the Wonder of the World! You have to put many resources in that project. But it’s worth it, isn’t it?
Whatever you choose, your path won’t be easy. Your plans can be ruined by one of many random events. But it’s no need to get upset! In the moments of crisis there come those, who are the only support of justice. Those, who are ready to lead people into the thick of battle. Heroes – braves, who are lead by you and ready to support people in need. They are ready to die for their ideas. Every one of them has unique talents that can help you in different situations.
The belief of your people is strong not only in heroes, but in the God. Choose your patron, but be careful: that choice will affect the whole game. Pray your god and he’ll give you talent of a trader. Or, maybe, the forest itself will raise against your enemies? Will he reveal the secrets of construction and craft to you? It’s your choice. Choose wise, because life of the whole nation is on you!
Remember that life is hard. Whatever you choose, remember, you path will be thorny.
12. Reveal The Deep
Reveal the Deep is a short exploration-based indie game, where the user traverses through the wreck of a 19th century steamship.
There is a heavy focus on piecing together the story of the ship's past, through a variety of notes and clues.
Puzzles and mysteries will be encountered all the way through!
13. The Painscreek Killings
Janet, a young and upcoming journalist, has been asked by her editor to investigate the mysterious abandonment of a once lively town. Based on the information released by the media about the killings and supernatural sightings, Janet set foot into the town thinking she would find an interesting story to publish, only to uncover secrets that were meant to stay hidden forever. The Painscreek Killings is a first-person, explorable mystery solving game set in a fictional town of United States in the 1990s.Key Features
- Non-linear, semi-open world game where you are free to explore wherever your instincts take you.
- Note-taking and in-game photographing to aid in your investigation.
- Use your powers of observation and deduction to piece together the secrets of Painscreek.
- Find the truth and publish your story in tomorrow's papers.
14. Awkward Dimensions Redux
Interactive Dream Journal & Diary; Awkward Dimensions Redux is a personal game. Lasts 20 minutes to an hour with less traditional interaction. Focuses on getting to understand another person through an interpretation of their dreams, thoughts, fears, desires, and past work. It's a game about conversing with roosters, disembodied legs, standardized tests, Immature jokes, relationships, art, espionage, and a teenager coming to terms with life and growing up.Includes
- Diverse dreamscapes
- Fantastic soundtrack with music from Clawfoot Slumber, Halina Heron, American Grandma, Pablo Garduno, Dong Lee, Steven Hamon, and Franz Liszt
- FMV segments
- A multitude of doors
15. Doorways: Prelude
Doorways is an episodic first person horror adventure, featuring a complex story and deep atmosphere. Each chapter will challenge you with its fast-paced gameplay and breathtaking visuals and sounds, so prepare to immerse yourself in a terrifying psychological experience.
You're playing as Thomas Foster, a special agent who must track down four psychopaths. Who are these people? What is this place and how did you get here?
These are just some of the questions that you must answer during your journey...
Start playing chapter 1 and 2 now!Key Features
- Horrifying exploration adventure with an immersive atmosphere
- Ingenious puzzles as well as challenges that put your reflexes at test
- Inspired voice acting by Sam A. Mowry (the voice of Alexander in Amnesia: The Dark Descent)
- Replayability through many secret places
- Full Controller support
- Native Oculus Rift support
Doorways is an episodic game, it's divided in three parts and they can be played separately:
Doorways: Prelude (Chapter 1 & 2):
Doorways: The Underworld (Chapter 3):
Doorways: Holy Mountains of Flesh (Chapter 4):
Achievements do not work on Linux
16. Unearthed: Trail of Ibn Battuta - Episode 1 - Gold Edition
Introduction:Unearthed is an episodic third person Action Adventure game set in modern day Middle East. The game is available in full Arabic and English voice over and features 21 Languages for Menu and Subtitles.
The game features the voiceover talents of Troy Baker (The Last of Us, Bioshock Infinite), Jeff Rosick (Friday Night Lights, Metro), Tara Platt (Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles, Naruto, Halo 2, Charmed) and David Lodge (COD:MW2, World of Warcraft, Fallout 3)Story Synopsis:When fortune hunter Faris Jawad and his sister Dania receive a call to visit Morocco they embark on an exotic adventure throughout the middle east on the trail of the famous Muslim explorer Ibn Battuta.
The trail won't be clear however as Faris will have to overcome an unholy alliance of a militia army leader, a weapons dealer and a wealthy antiquities smuggler who are after the same goal.Key Features:
- Travel across the Middle East from the wild life of Moroccan Atlas mountains to the alleys of old Damascus through the port of Alexandria and the metropolitan city of Dubai.
- Unique mix of platforming, melee fighting, shooting and stealth gameplay.
- Presented in a TV style episodic format along with recaps of previous episodes and teaser cliff hangers of what lies ahead.
- Unlockable Survival Mode: Battle against endless waves of enemies (Mummies, Zombies, Ghouls) across 8 varied maps featuring three exclusive maps designed for PC and Mac.
- Unlockable Extras: Concept Art, Renders, Animatics, Cutscenes, Character Gallery, Treasures
- Available in 21 languages for menus\subtitles. Voice-over in Arabic and English.
- General: A restructured tutorial level to better introduce the game mechanics, No more colliding with ragdolls and small objects such as broken pot pieces which allows for easier movement, invisible walls to prevent falling from high surfaces, clear font size for hints and facts in the loading screens, re-recorded all the Arabic voiceover to remove the extra echo.
- Hand to Hand Combat: Fully revamped hand to hand fighting system with brand new animations, full camera orbit control, more fluid response and streamlined special moves .
- Shooting System: Re-balanced all the weapons to allow for weapon specific range, accuracy, reverb zones, recoil, auto, semi-auto and manual targeting, and brand new weapon SFX.
- Driving System: Improved car handling, no more flipping when turning at very high speeds, orbit camera, Better driving enemy AI, Tire tracks, Full Physical Damage Model for the player car with smoke, sparks on colliding with other cars, props and buildings.
- Supports Full HD 1920X1080 at 60 FPS
- 4X the texture resolution of the console version
- High Quality Anti Aliasing
- Very High Resolution Shadows
- Motion Blur
- Screen Space Ambient Occlusion
- Ambient Obscurance
- Screen Space Reflections
- Chromatic Abberation
- Lens Dirt Layer
- Fog effect
- Anaglyph 3D Glasses Support
- Exclusive "Tangier Night" survival level
- Damage effect shown on the player car when hit by other cars or objects
- Website: http://www.unearthedgame.com
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/UnearthedTheGame
- Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/UnearthedGame
- Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/UnearthedGame
- E-Mail: email@example.com
17. Daymare: 1998
DAYMARE: 1998 is a third person survival horror with hardcore survival mechanics, hard to kill enemies, strategical approach to combat and puzzles, with a multi-character point of view on the story, and a deep and obscure lore. A secret research facility, a deadly chemical weapon and three people who play crucial roles in finding the truth about an incident with a potential to become more than just a security breach. Follow the steps of an elite soldier, a helicopter pilot and a forest ranger, as they become the main characters in an event that transforms one peaceful small town into a deadly zone and its citizens into bloodthirsty monsters. Make sure to take them down first, before looking for clues and evidence to bring more sense to the mess. Keep track of your itinerary, as resources are scarce in a situation like this! And anything can happen when your daymares become real…
All fans of the 90s’ iconic cinematographic brands and classical gloomy survival horror games will be thrilled, seeing how DAYMARE: 1998 recreates the atmosphere of the most beloved works from the end of the millennium and places a typical yet fresh story in the middle of it. The plot unfolds through the eyes of various characters, putting players in the shoes of different personalities that will guide them through their theories and doubts about the situation. Backtracking, managing ammo, collecting lore items, solving environmental puzzles and the overall difficulty will help players jump a couple decades back and get chilled to the bone in their first real daymare.
Main features: Multi-character POV – see the story from different angles and discover the truth
Realistic HUD – check inventory, health and position on a special piece of gear
Environmental puzzles – finding your way is not always easy, look for clues
Classic mechanics - limited ammo and save points, backtracking, collectibles, tough enemies and more
Modern graphics and effects – not all is classic thanks to Unreal Engine 4
Experience 90s – homage to the era with tons of references
18. When the Darkness comes
A Game Without Meaning.
A Game Nobody Should Play.
When the Darkness comes is a walking simulator whose glitchy and dark tale tries to illustrate the hardships of depression and anxiety through a variety of imaginary digital landscapes.
A clock, a piano and a girl. What do they all mean?
What is meaning, anyway? What has meaning?
Do you have one? A path, a goal, something determined, pre-determined?
A light to follow?
Discover a world filled with loneliness and fear. A world where despair breathes and hope dies. A world about you, about us. A world about humanity and about life.Before StartingThis Experience is NOT for everyone.
This Experience explores themes such as depression, anxiety, verbal abuse, manipulative control, and suicide.
This game could also potentially trigger epilepsy attacks.
Seriously, do NOT play this Experience if you believe this might affect you in any way.
The first Arc should take about one hour to complete.ControlsMovement: WASD or arrow keys
Controls are customizable in the launcher (under the Input tab).
19. Silence of the Sleep
Silence of the Sleep is psychological horror adventure game for PC.
You play as a man called Jacob Reeves. A man who has lost his reason to live.
He throws himself into a blackness to end his misery, but instead of it being the end he wakes up without a memory of his life before.
You will travel through the abstract world of Silence of the Sleep to find the very reason for your
Now that is a good question!
Here are some info about Silence of the Sleep that I believe are worth knowing:
- Side scrolling 2D with unique, digitally drawn graphics
- Unique music from one end to another
- Minimalistic interface - I won’t hold your hand through the game
- Challenging puzzles
- No shooting - Enemy encounters are pretty rare and you can’t kill the enemies, avoid and hide from them to survive
- Original gameplay and twisting story - Silence of the Sleep has well crafted balance between horror and adventure, this allows me to build different atmospheres which brings variety to gameplay
- One man game - Graphics, animation, coding, music... You name it!
20. The Fall Part 2: Unbound
Sequel to the 2014 Game of the Year award winning "The Fall".
A lone AI has experienced a system collapse after encountering the limits of her narrow set of rules. Now, deconstructed and injected with a dark, invasive process, she must take to the global network in a desperate search for help.
In her quest, Arid (Armoured Robotics Interface Device) invades the bodies of three strange robots and attempts to enlist their aid. Arid may be unbound, but she's going to find that not everyone is as flexible as she is... or thinks she is. A truly bizarre story awaits you in The Fall Part 2: Unbound.
21. Another Perspective
Another Perspective is a puzzle platformer following the very confusing adventure / slow existential meltdown of someone looking for something that they don't remember.
This person(?) has the power to swap minds with what appears to be other versions of himself who all see the world in different ways. Where one pair of eyes sees a bottomless pit, another might not. Where one sees a locked door, another sees a key. To change perspective is to change reality!
Combining these "realities" allows him to progress - or to at least do something that resembles progress - however this new found power leaves him deeply confused. Who is he? Why does he have this super power that doesn't make any sense? If he's swapping between bodies which body is really his? Why does he keep having to pick up keys and unlock doors? Where is he going? Is he even going anywhere? Does he even exist? What is he looking for?
The answers to some, all and none of these questions will be probably definitely not be maybe found by playing the game.
As Kurt Davis, a prisoner in a Japanese prisoner of war camp, finding basic means of survival is difficult. As the days pass you are faced with horrors that many thought to be a myth. Are they manifestations of your insanity or the supernatural coming after you?
In Prisoner the player will struggle to secure the basic means of survival, get to know the struggle of their fellow prisoners, and try to escape monsters that will chill them to the core.Features:
Dynamic Horror: The player will be faced with a new challenge each time the sun rises, and each time the sun sets. No two days will be alike, and no two scares will be the same.
Diverse enemies: Enemies and monsters that stem from traditional Japanese horror will challenge the player's skill and nerve throughout the game
Immersive environment: As the player progresses through the game, the environment will progress with them, offering them new challenges, shelter from their fears, and terrifying new experiences
Rememoried is an independent video game, a virtual place where memories change to dreams and the only possible way is forgetting, which becomes a mechanism for proceeding to the next layer of dreams. The Surrealist explorative first-person adventure game.
The basic element of gameplay is the ability to forget. Some elements in the surroundings change when the player turns away or leaves, and become more than just a direction sign: they become the way along which the player walks, flies and falls. Finding such a way to the higher levels is a matter of his aptness and intuition, rewarded by advancing higher. Failure, on the other hand, brings a return to the lower levels, which may be more or less altered then.
If you fall asleep while stargazing, a gate to a new world situated in between the world of memories and the world of dreams will open for you. That intermediate world gradually turns reality to fragments and infuses the player with the desire to know the unknowable. But the most persistent can feel the unknowable.
“You count the stars above your head just like the one who pointed a finger at you from the unknown. The closer you get to infinity, the more you get lost in the numbers created to describe the real world, and your eyelids become curtains that hide unexpected discoveries beyond the borders, reached by only the strongest thoughts. This exciting play for one spectator is a reward for everyday gifts of the mind.”
– varied environments
– living entities
– more than 20 levels
– electronic and classic music
– spoken word
24. The Gallery - Episode 2: Heart of the Emberstone
The Gallery is a puzzle exploration game series built for virtual reality and inspired by the mystery of dark 80's fantasy adventure films.The Gallery - Episode 2: Heart of the Emberstone ™
After following your sister Elsie to the world of Ember, you discover the remnants of a destroyed civilization, torn apart by two siblings and their individual quests for power. Along the way you meet a mountainous ally who, like you, is looking for their other half. Using the Gauntlet, a mysterious new power capable of manipulating energy, you must unravel the history of this forgotten place, and reveal the true intentions of the dark figure who sent you here.
Continue your epic journey through the Starseed to the distant planet of Ember, in this highly-anticipated sequel to Call of the Starseed, the VR adventure that started it all.
- Unravel the dark past of a forgotten world inspired by classic 80’s fantasy, including Labyrinth and The Dark Crystal
- Control impossible technologies with The Gauntlet, a mysterious relic imbued with telekinetic power
- Unlock history with a world of new puzzles designed to take full advantage of the physicality and precision hand-tracking only possible with virtual reality
- Come face-to-face with a mountainous ally and bizarre alien creatures in stunning roomscale presence
- Experience the best in VR sound with captivating spatial audio and a brand new Original Soundtrack by award-winning composer Jeremy Soule
- Immerse yourself in a lovingly polished world of fantasy; with multiple hours of gameplay, story, and wonder in this elaborate sequel
What would you do if a stranger’s fate rested in your fingertips? And how would you cope if every second counted? Award-winning graphic adventure STAY asks those very questions: When Quinn wakes up alone in a locked room with nothing of note save for a computer hooked up to a chat room, you become his single ray of hope. Your choices – and your timeliness – will single-handedly shape his escape efforts… or lead him down the path to an untimely end.
STAY plays out in real-time, meaning that every minute spent away from the game is a minute Quinn is left alone. Drop out of conversations or leave Quinn to fend for himself for too long and there may be consequences.
Quinn is on edge, and so every response matters. Prove yourself a compassionate ally and he’ll learn to trust you and share his findings and deepest thoughts. Fail, and his emotions may work against you.
Featuring 24 chapters, seven different endings, dozens of potential deaths and entire webs of conversation, STAY is designed to be replayed multiple times. Explore different rooms and unearth hidden secrets in subsequent playthroughs to piece together the full story.
Webcams enable you to spy on Quinn, letting you see both his reactions to your comments and his actions while AFK. Pick up on his lies and use that knowledge to your advantage.
Help Quinn get the better of the conundrums he encounters inside his prison by taking direct control of his actions during puzzle sections.
26. No70: Eye of Basir
This weird house which we lived with our grandmother for long years was located in a narrow street and it has all of our memories. Some nights, there was just pure silence in the house. Happenings that we couldn't explain would occur in those nights, objects would change places frequently, and sometimes we would feel something passing by the door. One day, when I was passing by my grandmother's room, I noticed a small chest.
I reached for it but my grandmother got angry and hit my hand.
I had never seen my grandmother that angry before. And I never saw that chest again.
Do you want to help Aras? ''No70: Eye of Basir'' is a story based first person perspective horror and adventure game which focused on investigation. Players will help Aras and Erhan to solve the mystery about Basir and the No70 house.
Aras and Erhan spent their childhood with their grandmother in the house No70 in which they encountered paranormal activities they couldn't fathom. After the death of their grandmother, brothers split up and started to live their own lives. 20 years has passed since then, now Erhan is a successful archeologist and Aras is a creative director. In the morning, Erhan realizes that something doesn't feel right. While he is trying to figure it out, he vanishes into thin air. Aras can not recieves any new from Erhan a long time, then he decides to go after his brother. But he has no idea what is going to happen.Key Features
- Psyhcological Horror - Looking to the darkness and seeing it actually, are not the same.
- Difficult Puzzles - Lots of story based puzzles which will make you think and search around to not to miss any clue.
- A Unique Atmosphere - An old house, collapsed rooms, memories, humming noises, ancient enemies and brotherhood.
- Sound and Music - Atmospheric 3D sounds and impressive soundtrack.
27. The Witch's House MV
The Witch’s House, originally released in 2012, falls within the tradition of Japanese horror RPGs with heavy emphasis on puzzle-solving and jump scares. Among other entries in the genre such as Ib and Ao Oni, The Witch’s House surprised fans with pixel-art that conceals truly frightening horror.
The Witch’s House is deliberately designed with traps at *almost* every turn--sudden death is unpredictable and it keeps players on their toes. Anything can happen at any time.
With completely remastered visuals, The Witch’s House MV will feel fresh to even the most familiar old-school fans. Fans will also be greeted by a new difficulty mode that includes new events upon completion of the base game.
- A horror atmosphere wherein players solve puzzles based on clues found in the house.
- Completely reimagined graphics that make for a beautifully terrifying experience.
- Brand new unlockable difficulty mode with new events and dialogue.
- Violence and gore that are not recommended for the squeamish. Player discretion advised.
- Sudden deaths that lurk around every corner and await every misstep.
- Items must be used deliberately as players solve the puzzles for themselves.
- Fixed save points (just keep an eye out for the talking black cat).
- Game pads are supporting and recommended.
- Head phones *strongly* recommended.
Hello. I'm Fummy, creator of The Witch's House MV.
I'm happy to announce that we're finally ready to release the game.
The Witch's House MV is an RPG Maker MV remake of the original game, which was released back in 2012.
We remade all the graphics, including map tiles and character sprites, and worked hard to enhance the atmosphere and 2D beauty in The Witch's House. It took us five times as many hours to create this version, but we feel like we've finally managed to satisfy ourselves.
Aside from graphical improvements, we also added two new difficulty settings that was not present in the free version.
The first difficulty setting is a more accessible one that allows you to instantly retry. The other difficulty setting is a more difficult one which is only unlocked by those who manage to reach the game's true ending.
- "The normal difficulty isn't enough to satisfy me..."
- "I'm not averse to instantly dying upon reaching new areas."
If either of these describe you, then we recommend you give this new difficulty a try. You also may be able to uncover some new story bits concerning "her"...
The world of The Witch's House has been reborn anew, and we sincerely hope you'll all enjoy it.
My name is Dan Stern and I’m the Scholar of the First Deal at DANGEN Entertainment (sounds fancy, but it means I work with the devs to get their games released so you can play them).
Japan has a longer tradition in 16-bit horror games because of the variety of games that was released on the Super Famicom. But that wasn’t something I experienced because of growing up in the West. It wasn’t until I discovered The Witch’s House some years ago that I learned 16-bit games can scare me just as well as high-res AAA games made in 3D. I learned that even in pixel-art, horror is possible; it just depends on the creator’s mastery of atmosphere and timing. Fummy-san absolutely has that mastery and as silly as it sounds, I’ve never had so much fun dying a lot in a video game.
I was ecstatic to find out that not only is there a remaster of my favorite indie horror classic, but that DANGEN could help to get that game in front of fans that I know will love it. Playing The Witch’s House MV feels like a totally new experience and I’m sure you’ll have fun with the new content after you finish your first playthrough.
28. Hell`s Little Story
In the role of the young demon, you have to go through many of the most dangerous places imaginable: a cemetery, hell, abandoned monasteries and so on. Resize, jump, collect coins, push enemies, completes quests, and more!
Firewood is a 2D adventure game with psychological horror elements.
The game tells the story of an old man who has lost his wife years ago and is still having troubles with his past.
After his wife's funeral, he decides to move to a cabin far away from town in order to escape from the haunting memories of the past and his country's opressive regime.
Yet one day, events take an unexpected turn and he finds himself in a dark journey.
Will he be able to find the redemption he seeks?
-Side scrolling 2D adventure game with hand drawn graphics.
-Grim and atmospheric music.
-A twisting story.
Firewood is our first project and it took us five months to complete.
We created everything from scratch. Graphics, music and all. Thanks!
Do you remember when as a little child you were sent to fetch something from the cellar and you were always afraid that something's lurking there in the darkness? Cellar will allow you to go back to these days and face the greatest fears from your childhood - join Lily on her quest to find her missing teddy, Blackbear the Pirate!
Cellar is a short, casual game created in pixel art. Gameplay is presented in top-down view (like Bomberman or early Zelda installments). At the core, the game requires you to find your way through a maze of crates and other stuff stocked in a basement and get the key that unlocks the door to next level. The ultimate goal is to find your lost teddy bear while avoiding dangerous traps and monsters that lurk in the cellar.
You're still here? OK, so here's some hard facts about the game:
- It's a fine variation of Bomberman/Dyna Blaster in the world of Sokoban (you know, because of all the crates)
- The game auto-saves only at the beginning of each level. Deal with it.
- There are 8 levels. That's right, 8 of them.
- It's a perfect choice to boost up your completion / achievement rate on Steam. You can get a nice, round 100% in about 1 hour, unless you turn out really bad at this game.
- We actually said this already, but the expected playtime is about 1 hour. Enough for a refreshing break from all those well-known, repetitive AAA titles, but still short enough to keep you from getting frustrated.
- You CAN actually speedrun through the game in 15 minutes, even though you're in a cellar and not a vault. Are you up for a challenge?
- Speaking of challenge, there's also an additional, time-based difficulty setting that becomes playable after you beat the game once.
- There are Steam Achievements, including those horrible hidden ones that you'll be dying to figure out before someone finally posts a guide for this game.
- You can play it with a controller from the comfort of your couch. Or you can keep standing, that's fine too.
- If you're still reading this, then we'd suggest you get the game, cause it seems we seriously got your attention.
31. Drizzlepath: Deja Vu
“Memory is an oddly circuitous thing, often dancing in its own circles. A snake perpetually eating its own tail. We can sometimes swear we’ve seen something before, in another life. Echoes of another existence, so familiar and yet…we’ve never been here before, have we?”
A man embarks on a journey toward the top of a mountain, to discover the truth of his existence. Along the way, he ponders the nature of life itself. Drizzlepath: Deja Vu is a spiritual revisitation of Tonguç Bodur's very first game, Drizzlepath. Not so much a remake as a re-envisioning, as well as a celebration of the many games he has made since.
- A relaxing “walking simulator”, in which events are triggered not through interaction with objects, but through exploring
- Tonguç Bodur’s tenth game on Steam, and a homage to his very first game from 2015
- Neither a sequel nor a remake, but a standalone experience with bonus in-references for those familiar with his earlier games
- Professional voice narration, atmospheric sound design, and a dynamic music score
- A playtime of thirty to sixty minutes, with a thorough playthrough required to discover all of the game’s secrets
- A single sprawling level, broken up into several save points
- A rich and thought-provoking narrative, co-written by Bottle: Pilgrim and Nephise: Ascension author Michael Bowser
32. N.E.R.O.: Nothing Ever Remains Obscure
N.E.R.O.: Nothing Ever Remains Obscure is a wonderful journey in a world of incredible beauty where a kid is the key to all locks and the night is not as frightening as we all could think.
Immerse yourself in a story-driven first-person game featuring puzzles with intuitive controls. The environment is heavily connected to the characters and their past. The world of N.E.R.O. is magical and varied, making exploring an ongoing challenge.
N.E.R.O. invites players to explore and experience feelings that are uncommon in video games, a game where the visual novel genre meets the puzzle game.
Join this magic adventure in an unknown world, playing the role of a kid followed by a mysterious black clothed companion. Discover through his eyes the history behind this tragic journey.
- N.E.R.O. features simple gameplay with accessible controls in a rich and atmospheric environment filled with puzzles.
- N.E.R.O. features unique dreamlike visuals with high-resolution textures and complex shaders
- N.E.R.O. is a mystery: nothing is as it seems. Only by solving all the puzzles and through exploring will you be able to discern the whole story.
- N.E.R.O.'s wonderful soundtrack is captivating and comes along with the design. A deep narrating voice will underline the experience, following the two characters in their journey.
- N.E.R.O.'s story is complex and cryptic. We wish players to discuss the meaning of the story on social networks, sharing thoughts and screenshots.
33. Hide and Seek
This game has two teams. One team is "Seekers" and the other one is "Hiders". The seekers' task is to beat they hiders with apples as soon as possible. The hiders in turn can transform into different object on the map. Their main task is to stay hidden until the time is over. To control the timer there are "turn on" and "turn off" buttons on the map.
34. Mini Thief
BECOME THE MASTER (mini) THIEF!
Can you escape with the loot? Play as the Master Thief and steal as much as you can. Burgle houses in order to obtain some sweet, sweet loot. But be careful not to get caught!.
Your objective is simple, search the area for items which are exchangeable for money. Each level you pass will increase in difficulty. The more difficult the level is the more loot you will obtain.
Avoid the owner at all costs! If he catches you, well, you lose everything! including your money!
35. Bear With Me: The Lost Robots
The noir episodic point and click adventure series Bear With Me is back! Introducing Bear With Me: The Lost Robots – an all new prequel chapter featuring Amber’s brother Flint and the callous detective Ted E. Bear.
Take to the gritty and bustling undergrounds of Paper City, discovering new characters and rich lore leading up to the events of the first three episodes of Bear With Me.
Dark interrogations, sarcastic banter, and challenging puzzles lie in store for our heroes as they collect clues to solve a bigger, more sinister mystery. Featuring an evocative soundtrack, expansive narrative and a uniquely drawn 2D animated art-style accented by an impressive film noir style, Bear With Me will take players through an emotional rollercoaster of a journey that will determine the fates of our protagonists.
A Classic Genre Reimagined.
Discover a distinct spin on the timeless point and click adventure formula in this modern indie adventure. Solve puzzles, interrogate suspects, and explore crime scenes in search of answers.
An Engaging Story.
Bear With Me presents a unique fusion of comedy, horror, and mystery elements that elevate a thrilling narrative that spans across a four-episode journey.
Fully Interactable Environments.
Explore the expansive Paper City to collect clues about this grand mystery. Players are free to tackle and revisit unsolved puzzles at their own pace to piece together vital bits of information to crack the case.
From the cool and quotable Ted E. Bear to the optimistic Amber, communicate with a diverse cast of fully voiced characters that may help or hinder our protagonists in their unrelenting pursuit of the truth.
36. The Tape
The Tape is a first person horror game, with found footage stylization, slow pace and creepy atmosphere.
The game relies mostly on creating heavy atmosphere, instead of a cheap jump scares. Some of the scenes you are witnessing in this game are the most disturbing in horror game history.
The game tells story of middle-aged detective, who is tasked with search of a young girl, missing in US suburbia. He travels to abandoned house to check some of his clues and reveals things so horrifying, that it make him question his own sanity.Features
- Explore dark and terrifying mystery of missing girl.
- Face horrible creatures and enemies.
- Uncover the truth or atleast try to escape.
Categories in common with The Tape: Indie
37. Luna Sky
I woke up confused.
Why did they bring me here?
Why did they put a crystal necklace on me?
As she wakes up, Luna has no idea where she is. She is alone... or is she? Help her discover this strange world, survive the many challenges that await her, work out the secret of the Crystalline Expanse and ultimately escape.
Luna Sky delivers a story you will never forget and a game you won’t be able to put down.
- 5 unique worlds. 4 of these levels are dedicated to a special skill you pick up along the way
- Full controller support
- Fully voiced cut-scenes
- Super tight physics-based platform game with much room to improve your skill
- Multiple upgrades
- Fantastic soundtrack with 5 different composers, giving each level a special feeling
- Loads of fun extras to enjoy
This is a game of exploration. There are no tutorials.
How the game progresses
The game starts with Luna being rather weak.
As the game progresses, she gets upgrades to her existing abilities - for instance - running and jumping powers on the first level. On the second level, she gains a double jump ability which can be used to gain speed, halting mid-air or overcoming obstacles.
Each skill you unlock can also be used to play previous levels and maybe access new areas within levels!
It is helpful to read the Hints on each level. They are accessed through the pause menu - press ESC on keyboard or the start button on your gamepad.
38. Roots of Insanity
Description of the Game
What had started as an ordinary night shift at the August Valentine Hospital has turned into a night of chaos and horror for you. As Dr. Riley McClein, you have to figure out what is real and what is not as you try to uncover the mysterious happenings at the hospital, while also trying to deal with your epileptic attacks that have haunted you all your life. You will need to whatever you can to survive the night and most importantly, keep your sanity.
Roots of Insanity is an fps/tps, survival/horror game designed and developed in Unreal Engine by Crania Games. The game tells the tale of Dr. Riley McClein as he tries to survive through a maelstrom of horror and mystery in the August Valentine Hospital, while also struggling with his epileptic attacks.
- Immersive combat system lets you hack, slash, kick and shoot as you fight for your life.
- Unique storyline with many unexpected twists and turns.
- Optional areas to be discovered and explored.
- Random loot system.
39. Days Under Custody
Discover the forgotten story, survive and solve the unique puzzles!
Days Under Custody is a title made as a classic horror adventure game where a dramatic story, unique puzzles and an enemy stalking you all the time, will test and keep you tense to discover the history behind a lot of inexplicable events.
As you progress through the story of this game, you'll find out what is really happening, pay attention to the events and dialogues if you really want to know the dramatic story of Days Under Custody.
- Unique and random puzzles.
- A soundtrack that you can't miss.
- Trading Cards
- Two different finals available!
- A big number of notes to obtain and read where the story is developed in profound way.
40. Another Sight
ANOTHER SIGHT is a surreal fantasy adventure with steampunk elements set in London in 1899, towards the end of the Victorian era. With an emphasis on culture and character, ANOTHER SIGHT focuses on the emotional development of the relationship between its two protagonists, Kit, a refreshingly intrepid teenager, and Hodge – a mysterious red-furred cat. They meet in the darkness of a London Underground construction site, after Kit loses her sight when the tunnel she had been exploring collapses. They team up for an adventure into the unexpected, with Hodge proving himself to be an indispensable companion, upon whom Kit will come to rely. Kit and Hodge explore a surreal fantasy world, both together and separately, each using their own unique talents to make their way through compelling environments, and to solve intriguing puzzles. Beneath London, in a world inspired by Neil Gaiman’s urban fantasy, Neverwhere, Kit and Hodge encounter a hidden society made up of the world’s greatest inventors and finest artistic minds, including Claude Monet, Nikola Tesla, Thomas Edison and other historical cultural icons.Another Sight Gameplay Features:
AN EMOTIVE ADVENTURE – A story about a girl and her cat companion on a journey beyond sight and the real world. A tale of affection and intrigue is woven throughout the adventure, touching on trust and companionship, and the consequences of losing what we take for granted. The innovative gameplay and emotional story are galvanized through a soundscape brought to life by a symphonic orchestra, emphasizing the most memorable moments on Kit and Hodge's emotional and physical journey.
MASTERS FROM THE PAST - Throughout their journey, Kit and Hodge will meet celebrated virtuosos such as Claude Monet and other historical cultural figures, and learn more about the world and the dangers it presents. These encounters have a visual impact on the world, as Kit's perception alters according to the aesthetics of each famous character's creative movement.
NARRATIVE-DRIVEN GAMEPLAY – Use the unique abilities of each character to help Kit and Hodge traverse the world and overcome environmental challenges. Kit and Hodge can split up to investigate different areas of the locale that the other may not be able to reach, with both Kit and Hodge perceiving the world in very different ways, opening up different possibilities for overcoming the obstacles they are faced with on their adventure.
41. Serpent in the Staglands
A campaign within the world of Vol, a fully realized setting inspired by the late bronze age in a Transylvanian landscape, with unique politics, races and gods steeped in history. Featuring a chosen party of five, you role-play Necholai, a minor god of a celestial body who descends to the Staglands for a moonlit festival only to find the way home blocked and immortality slipping away. Seeking answers and aid, you take on a mortal body and the guise of a traveling Spicer. This isn't a story of good and evil, saving the world or being a hero, it's about intrigue and your adventure of survival in a harsh land.
While the game rolls the dice for you, you'll traverse the Staglands on a path narrated by your own wits and choices. A tabletop inspired experience with adventure-game like navigation, Serpent in the Staglands offers no auto-populating map markers, checklist quest grinding and rigid story exposition.
Examine hand-drawn maps in your inventory for secret locations, diagrams of foreign languages, note encounters of interest in your in-game journal and figure out on your own how best to smuggle Spices. Roleplay, investigate, and pray to the RNG god when combat begins.Serpent in the Staglands features:
- Party-based, real time with pause combat focused on macro tactical decisions and creative party skill combinations
- Classless role-playing system: create builds via any combination of the over 100 magic, combat and aptitude skills available to create or find up to 5 unique characters
- Non-linear storyline to explore as your adventure allows
- No level scaling or story-blocked map barriers impede your adventure
- Dynamic item use, including an incantation book, hand-drawn maps, and a herbology kit for brewing potions
- Combat designed for minimal pause spamming and without cooldowns, instead focusing on pre-buffing, positioning and auto-triggering skills
- An unmarked map filled with wilderness, cities, towers, temples, dungeons and caverns to explore.
- Write your own journal notes for quests, puzzles and leads as you investigate. The game won't hold your hand or tell you what to do.
- Huge variety of enemies and challenges, including monsters, rogue mages and mutilated outlaws, which all can have the same spells and skills you do
For more gameplay information and official forums, please visit: http://serpentinthestaglands.com
42. Crown Champion: Legends of the Arena
In Crown Champion: Legends of the Arena you are not a hero, a noble ruler, or even a combatant. Instead, you are the new owner of a team of fighting slaves, one of the many factions who compete for the adoration of the common people in the ancient storied arenas of the Crownlands.
Your task will be to oversee the training of your fighters and build your estate into an effective school of combat, all while trying to enhance your personal reputation and standing among the nobles of the realm. This is an expensive business, and the king demands his taxes - so you must make sure to manage your treasury with care and attention.
Glory awaits those with a bold heart and a steadfast mind, as well as a place for their faction among the legends of the arena ...
- Inherit a dilapidated estate and a couple of fledgling fighters, and then over time develop it into a prestigious academy for your team of fighting slaves. Restore the ruined buildings and hire new staff to serve your every need, from doctors and trainers to cooks and scribes.
- Progress through twelve arenas and dozens of opponents to reach the royal arena in the city of Aldmoor, where your slaves will fight for the glory of the king and queen.
- Develop relationships with whichever fighters you choose to acquire from the slave ship, each of whom comes with a unique personality and a fully fleshed-out backstory.
- Train your fighters and purchase new and stronger equipment as your fortunes increase, progressing through shortswords and basic leather coverings to halberds and full plate armour.
- As your reputation grows you can also choose to become engaged with the turbulent politics of the realm, following a series of 'choice and consequence' based storylines and meeting many important characters along the way.
- And of course, you must have a life outside of the arena. Find a husband or wife to share in your glory. Build stables and start keeping a team of racing horses to bring more money into your household. Forge a legacy to last the ages.
43. Football Game
A strange new point and click tale from the creators of A Date in the Park, Mudlarks and Legend of Hand.What's the story?East Bend, Purchase County. 1987.
You are Tommy. A local high school footballing hero, the town of East Bend is your playground. It's game night for the Purchase County Turbines and your sweetheart is waiting in the bleachers. Join Tommy for a night that you won't forget.
Something is amiss...What are the features?- An old school point and click adventure game aesthetic, with the puzzles and dialog interactions familiar to the genre.
- A cast of odd characters, including friends, foes, teachers, and an unbalanced mother.
- A twisted experimental narrative, with approximately 45 minutes to an hour of gameplay, depending on the player.
- Original soundtrack by UK duo JUPITER-C.Inspiration?Old school point and click adventures from the 1980s, 1980s American culture, the music and films of David Lynch
Categories in common with Football Game: Adventure
44. Hotel Anatolia
What would you do if the hotel you checked in for the night turned into a death trap?
Hotel Anatolia is a short, terrifying horror game which is about a man trying to run away from his past. You will put yourself into Aras' shoes and check into Hotel Anatolia at midnight with your wife. You are tired and you will fall asleep without a thought in mind. What would you do if you find the hotel in ruins, drenched in blood and filled with horrifying creatures lurking in the hallways when you wake up ? Your wife is missing, you have to find her and get out of the hotel.
- In Hotel Anatolia your choices will affect the game's flow and the endings
- When you finish the game, you can play the game again with different choices and have a new experience,
- This game presents an atmospheric horror experience with its creepy atmospher and background story,
- The monsters are not the only thing threatening your life, you should be careful about your choices.
45. Spooky Cats
This cute little kitty cat is alone and lost in a haunted house! Only by collecting pennies, saving a girl named Penny, and defeating monsters can she find the way out! Use your fast fingers to defeat this adorably dark and funny platform game.
Dis game is so scawwwy!
Includes Xbox gamepad support (if supported by your OS).
YouTube Let's Play/Reviewers: Feel free to use Spooky Cats gameplay in your online monetized videos.
46. Lethe - Episode One
OverviewLethe is a first person adventure with survival horror elements. Explore an atmospheric and frightening world and uncover the dark secrets of your origins.EpisodesEach Episode is considered to be a stand-alone experience. Any future Episodes will expand upon Lethe's lore and backstory, but not necessarily the same protagonist's story.StoryCrushed under the debts of his recently deceased step-father, Robert Dawn, a journalist with an unremarkable career, decides to hunt down his origins. Everything points to a quiet mining settlement. Shortly after his arrival, Robert comes into contact with an unknown substance and develops psychokinetic abilities that feed on his life energy. As tension rises, he is faced with another, even darker threat, quickly turning the trip into a terrifying battle for survival.Features
- Stealth Gameplay: Run or hide to survive.
- Psychokinesis: Manipulate the environment and use it in your aid. But be careful! Your newly gained abilities can only affect inorganic objects.
- Quality Graphics: Immerse yourself in a highly detailed and horrifying world.
- Story: Lethe isn't your typical adventure game. Learning the story behind the places you'll visit, is entirely up to you.
47. Robbie Swifthand and the Orb of Mysteries
Robbie Swifthand and the Orb of Mysteries is a 2D platformer with an old school
feeling, captivating atmosphere and challenges designed to make you THINK before you
Plan ahead your every move and outsmart the traps that are lurking
in the temple or get dissected in hilarious ways!Premise
Robbie wakes up in an unfamiliar room with a small spirit telling him that he has to save humanity.
Who cares ?
If there is a reward he'll do it.
Experience RAGE and satisfaction in this hardcore platformer!
Buy an extra keyboard/gamepad or two .. you'll need it...CONTROLS:
A - MOVE LEFT
S - CROUCH
D - MOVE RIGHT
SPACE - JUMP
R CNTRL - THROW ORB / CONFIRM
ARROWS - LOOK UP / DOWN / LEFT / RIGHT
ESC - EXIT TO LEVEL SELECTION
Use of GamePad is strongly suggested. Default controls are optimised for Xbox 360/One controllers howerer they are fully customizable!
48. Dream Alone
Dream Alone is a 2D platformer with classic platform gameplay, unique abilities, deadly traps, horror elements and a dark storyline.
A mysterious sickness strikes a quiet village, one by one, people fall into a coma. When your family becomes affected by the disease, you start a dangerous journey to find the mythical Lady Death who is said to have powers that can stop or even revert the disease.
The story takes you through many lands, from forests, marshlands, caves and factories. Most of the levels have an alternate reality version, you can use this reality to get through areas you weren't able to before and discover new secrets.
A mistake, a wrong jump or simply not being careful enough is sure to equal death. Precise jumps and running, however, are not enough. Some traps need to be deactivated using the hero’s clone ability which allows the player to leave behind a copy of themselves and use it to activate any levers or pressure plates.
By using all of your abilities and finding your way through the different realities you may yet find lady death.Features:
- Old School Horror aesthetic
- Atmospheric story reminiscent of dark fairy tales.
- Beautiful and minimalist original score
- Unique gameplay mechanics, explore alternate realities and clone yourself.
49. Black Rose
Black Rose is a first-person survival horror game in which you assume the role of Linda, an average girl who heard rumors about an old abandoned funeral home being haunted. No one knows what happened to many of the people who used to work there, but legend says they were murdered. By who? Linda wants to find this out for herself, so she goes to the secluded funeral home. But not long after entering, things go horribly wrong.SCORE
Your score will be based on 'Close Calls'. Close Calls are achieved by getting close to the enemy without letting them catch you. When your score starts increasing, the enemy is dangerously close. Try to get as many Close Calls as possible to bring up your score, but be aware that you should not let your Close Calls with the first enemy last for too long. This enemy is particularly volatile, and will quickly catch you if you are close for too long.
50. Pamali: Indonesian Folklore Horror
Horror is different for everyone. One might think it’s a one-time thing, while the other might think that it is filled with monsters. In Pamali, horror is shaped by the taboos and culture that live among the society itself. Pamali contains four different stories we call folklore, with each folklore featuring one different ghost. Experience authentic Indonesian ghosts such as Kuntilanak, Pocong, Tuyul, and Leak.
In the demo version of Pamali, you'll have a glimpse of the first folklore. Take a bite of Jaka’s night as he tries to sell his old family’s house. While he’s trying to renovate and clean the house up, he finds that there is a truth among the family’s strange belongings. Something is happening in the house that makes him truly realize which one is more important—the peace of the house and its belongings, or all the money he’ll get by selling the house.
Experience a taste of Jaka's night as he encounters the fact that he's not all alone in the family house, that he's accompanied with The White Lady.
• Explore four authentic Indonesian settings.
• Interact with various mystical and spiritual items.
• Experience first-hand various mystical phenomenon
Founded by a bunch of then-undergraduate students from Bandung, Indonesia. The project has been rough and tough, mainly because we were university students. However, we dragged ourselves slowly to get sort of everything balanced. Now, here we are.
Andreas Andika is responsible for the technical directing, Chandrika N. Dewi is taking care of the art directing, M. Irfan Permadi is the programmer, Mira Wardhaningsih and Aulia Khairunnisa write all the story, and Rolly Anwari creates all the music for the game.
Categories in common with Pamali: Indonesian Folklore Horror: