Trying to find games like Deus Ex: Game of the Year Edition? Try these 100 great games that are similar to Deus Ex: Game of the Year Edition, but stand out in their own awesome ways. This is a comprehensive list of best games like Deus Ex: Game of the Year Edition that have been tried, tested and recommended.
The best games like Deus Ex: Game of the Year Edition are:
- arrow_rightPortal 2
- arrow_rightInjustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition
- arrow_rightMurdered: Soul Suspect
- arrow_rightMafia: The City of Lost Heaven
- arrow_rightPAYDAY The Heist
- arrow_rightHalf-Life: Blue Shift
100 Best Games Like Deus Ex: Game of the Year Edition:
Filter by Platform Select a Platformarrow_drop_down
- PC (100)
- Xbox One (33)
- PlayStation 4 (39)
- iOS (35)
- Android (23)
- macOS (81)
- Linux (56)
- Nintendo Switch (21)
- Nintendo 3DS (4)
- Nintendo DS (5)
- Xbox 360 (23)
- Xbox (23)
- PlayStation 3 (37)
- PlayStation 2 (29)
- PlayStation (8)
- PS Vita (11)
- PSP (10)
- Wii U (3)
- Wii (8)
- GameCube (13)
- Nintendo 64 (3)
- Game Boy Advance (9)
- Game Boy Color (3)
- SNES (1)
- Classic Macintosh (4)
- Commodore / Amiga (2)
- Genesis (1)
- Dreamcast (7)
1. Portal 2
Portal 2 is a first-person puzzle game developed by Valve Corporation and released on April 19, 2011 on Steam, PS3 and Xbox 360. It was published by Valve Corporation in digital form and by Electronic Arts in physical form.
Its plot directly follows the first game's, taking place in the Half-Life universe. You play as Chell, a test subject in a research facility formerly ran by the company Aperture Science, but taken over by an evil AI that turned upon its creators, GladOS. After defeating GladOS at the end of the first game but failing to escape the facility, Chell is woken up from a stasis chamber by an AI personality core, Wheatley, as the unkempt complex is falling apart. As the two attempt to navigate through the ruins and escape, they stumble upon GladOS, and accidentally re-activate her...
Portal 2's core mechanics are very similar to the first game's ; the player must make their way through several test chambers which involve puzzles. For this purpose, they possess a Portal Gun, a weapon capable of creating teleportation portals on white surfaces. This seemingly simple mechanic and its subtleties coupled with the many different puzzle elements that can appear in puzzles allows the game to be easy to start playing, yet still feature profound gameplay. The sequel adds several new puzzle elements, such as gel that can render surfaces bouncy or allow you to accelerate when running on them.
The game is often praised for its gameplay, its memorable dialogue and writing and its aesthetic. Both games in the series are responsible for inspiring most puzzle games succeeding them, particularly first-person puzzle games. The series, its characters and even its items such as the portal gun and the companion cube have become a cultural icon within gaming communities.
Portal 2 also features a co-op mode where two players take on the roles of robots being led through tests by GladOS, as well as an in-depth level editor.
Half-Life is the original game in the series. Being a revolutionary at the time, we follow the story of Gordon Freeman - a silent scientist at the facility called Black Mesa. Arriving late at work and hastily doing his routine he runs into the experiment field. However, the experiment goes completely wrong and opens a portal to a completely different dimension called Xen. The laboratory is destroyed as well as the facility itself, as unknown creatures like Vortigaunts are now everywhere in the facility. Gordon must battle his way to the surface and find a way to close the portal.
One of the main features of Half-Life was story-telling through scripted sequences within the actual gameplay. Without having cutscenes, the game was able to tell the full story of the game by showing scripted deaths, dialogues, character appearance while the gameplay was moving one. By not ripping off the player from the process, the game feels much more smooth as it continues. Despite his science nature, Gordon is masterfully using his weapons and destroys any enemy at his path with rifles, grenades, shotguns and much more.
3. Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition
Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition is an extended version of fighting game Injustice: Gods Among Us based on the imaginary universe of DC Comics. The gameplay is made in a traditional fighting 2.5D manner: battles occur in a 2D perspective but all the characters and objects are 3D. All fights are held in one-on-one form, where each participant has two life scales. Game mechanics are simple: three different types of hits and a special ability are available for each character. Some on-map objects are interactive and can be also used in attack. The main action takes place in a universe, which is parallel to a DC’s one, so occasionally clashes may look unusual. According to the storyline, Superman established dictatorship on Earth, and several Justice League members started resisting him. In the game, players are able to take control of favourite DC heroes and to participate in a war between Superman’s domination and the rebellion led by Batman. The Ultimate Edition offers players 6 new characters, over 30 new skins, and 60 new S.T.A.R. Labs missions.
Injustice: Gods Among Us is followed by the sequel Injustice 2.
Overwatch is a multiplayer first-person shooter from the company that gave players the saga of Azeroth, Starcraft and the Diablo universe. Despite these releases coming out years ago, they are still alive and actively updated. But the developers at Blizzard wanted something new: the company does not like to experiment with new settings, preferring to transfer existing characters to new genres, worlds, and situations. The exception, perhaps, can only be a game about the three Vikings—The Lost Vikings, but this, too, was a long time ago.
The story and setting
Anyway, the company Blizzard has approached the development of Overwatch with team-specific meticulousness to details and desire to create an elaborative game universe. The player faces a choice between 21 characters who were part of the elite Overwatch unit. The task of Overwatch soldiers is to protect the Earth from conflicts and external threats. But something goes wrong, and the team of heroes breaks up. Despite the multiplayer bias, the game has a full story, it combines all the characters and maps on which the battle takes place. Since the launch, seven new characters have been added to the hero pool. Blizzard tells the story of the world of Overwatch through their characters: almost everyone has an animated short film, comparable in quality to a full meter from, for example, Pixar.
The game won the hearts of players around the world immediately after the launch. The figures confirm this fact: more than half a million dollars from sales and more than 40 million players. Overwatch has become an anchor project for Activision Blizzard, and the company continues to develop the project two years later, constantly offering players new maps, new characters, new themed events, and new cosmetic skins.
5. Murdered: Soul Suspect
The hero is a policeman, talented and devoted to duty. But there is a clarification - this is a dead policeman, killed because of his work, but he did not leave the world, he turned into a ghost and did not lose his passion for investigations.
A hero can do many things in our world, but not all. Can be present everywhere and even pass through the walls (but not in closed houses, only through open doors and windows). Can see what ordinary people see, read, think. But he can not take and move things, cannot talk with living people - for actions with objects and communication he has to find a girl-medium.
In the game, you need to collect evidence and draw conclusions from this. Ways to extract proof are sometimes very exotic. For example, a hero can penetrate the memory of a witness and find there information that the witness himself cannot remember. The hero can meet other ghosts, who were once people and killed - after talking with them, you can learn about the circumstances of this.
Finding evidence and reasoning is not the only thing that you have to do. The hero can be killed a second time, and it will be definitive - some disembodied beings seek to destroy the hero's soul. But they are vulnerable, and the hero can kill them.
6. Mafia: The City of Lost Heaven
It’s 1930. After an inadvertent brush with the mafia, cabdriver Tommy Angelo is reluctantly thrust into the world of organized crime. Initially, he is uneasy about falling in with the Salieri family, but soon the rewards become too big to ignore. As he rises through the ranks, the paydays keep getting bigger, but the jobs get even dirtier. Tommy may ultimately earn the respect of the Salieris, but becoming a Made Man will leave him more conflicted than ever with the new life he has chosen.Experience New HeavenExplore more than 12 square miles of New Heaven, a quintessential 1930's American city based on historic Depression-era architecture and culture.Authentic Story and Action-packed GameplayPlay more than 20 thrilling missions inspired by events from the 1930’s. Rise through the ranks of the Salieri family from foot-soldier to Made Man, taking on mob hits, car chases, bootlegging, shootouts, bank robberies and more.Era-inspired Vehicles and WeaponsAs a daring getaway driver, get behind the wheel of more than 60 historically-inspired cars featuring realistic physics and real-time damage.
Complete those grittier jobs with more than a dozen weapons at your disposal. Choose from baseball bats, sawed-off shotguns, magnums and the renowned Tommy gun to deal with any wise guy who dares to cross you.
Note: This rerelease of Mafia has an edited soundtrack and does not include any licensed music.
7. PAYDAY The Heist
PAYDAY The Heist is a dynamic co-op shooter that allows players to assume the role of a bank robber and to try on the criminal life from the first-person view. This game is the first part of the PAYDAY series and the beginning of the story of four outlaws – Dallas, Hoxton, Chains and Wolf. The gameplay is about completing 6 different heists throughout America alone (with bots) or in a team (up to 4 members). Each robbery could be carried out in two separate ways: players should decide whether stealth or a breakthrough attack is more suitable and prepare all the ammunition properly in advance. The squad of criminals searching for another “big score” is set up against easy-to-manipulate civilians and powerful police forces, so players are to try their best to prevent the alarm signals and not to face armed resistance. However, if the heavy combat begins, the best option will be to keep shooting countless enemies down till the money is in the bag and the heist is over.
8. Half-Life: Blue Shift
Half-Life: Blue Shift is the second (after Opposing Force) expansion pack for the original first-person shooter Half-Life. The game setting is the same as the one in the original game: the story takes place in the science laboratory called Black Mesa Research Facility in New Mexico. However, the game portrays the events of Half-Life through the eyes of Barney Calhoun a security guard employed by Black Mesa. Till the things have gone the wrong way the protagonist was responsible for the lab equipment and personnel welfare, but after the accident, his only aim is to protect a high-ranked scientist Dr. Rosenberg. The gameplay is almost similar to the original Half-Life’s: the storyline continues by navigating through the sequence of levels. Each level consists of both combat part and solving puzzles. Although Blue Shift is an expansion to the original Half-Life, both weaponry and enemies range face no changes or additions, so players use same guns to shoot same aliens. The only new mechanics is escorting a character to a specific location.
Categories in common with Half-Life: Blue Shift: Action
9. Orcs Must Die! 2
The game takes place a few days after the events of the first part of Orcs must die!. The Sorceress is trying to escape from the crowd. And suddenly, mysteriously, a massive split opens up next to her. She crosses the threshold and finds herself in the Dwarven Mines, right in front of a War Mage who now works at the mines. She enlists his help in the fight against the orcs. But the two discovered that more and more cracks are opening up in different places. They decide to enter the rift and return to the Dead World.
You play as the War Mage, the headstrong hero who charges into danger or play as the more strategic Sorceress who keeps The Mob at bay with mind-control and magic.
You have to defend new fortresses and mines of gnomes, as well as destroy tens of thousands of orcs and other monsters — at your disposal a variety of weapons, spells, guards, traps and amulets. You are given the opportunity to go through a new campaign with friends in a joint game - or fight for survival in endless mode!
10. Jet Set Radio
Jet Set Radio (2000) is an action game that allows players to dive into the atmosphere of teenager gangs of early 2000s Tokyo. The action is set in a 3D fictionalized Tokyo torn by teen gangs clash. Things clarify when Professor K, DJ of the Tokyo-to pirate radio station announces a gang war between Japanese rudies (teenagers, who skate and paint graffiti for self-expression). According to the main idea, teens skate and paint graffiti spots throughout the city and dodge police forces. The story is following a 17-year-old rudie Beat, who, being inspired by Professor K, organizes his own gang to burst into the conflict and to defeat rivals. The gameplay is about skating across the city (using only a few buttons) and tagging all possible graffiti spots. In the course of the game, players will face troubles caused by police riots and especially Capitan Onishima (the main antagonist), whose only aim is to pursue the rebellion of the youth. Jet Set Radio also features cel-shaded visuals in favor of 3D cartoon-like picture.
11. Black Mesa
Black Mesa is the original Half-Life as if it was made in the 21st century using modern graphics and updated mechanics. This remake of the classic game was envisioned by a group of enthusiasts, approved by Valve, and spent eight years in the making. The name, Black Mesa, refers to the secret research facility where the game is set. The player assumes the role of Gordon Freeman, a scientist caught in the midst of an experiment gone wrong. An anomaly breaks out, and hordes of monsters invade Black Mesa.
While Black Mesa and Half-Life are basically the same game, there are many subtle changes besides the improved graphics. The amount of ammo has changed, as well as the order in which the weapons appear in the game. The iconic crowbar is found in a different place. There are also new options like zooming in and out and reprogramming gun turrets. Some of the levels were shortened, and some of the monsters became stronger. NPCs became more intelligent, and they will perform certain actions to aid Gordon. Design of the characters also became more varied, and women finally appeared in the game. Black Mesa also introduced an achievement system and a multiplayer mode.
12. Heroes & Generals
Heroes and Generals is a team game, and its primary purpose is to establish control over the territory (domination) by the team of its faction. To do this, you need to capture and hold the control points. Players can be reborn on them. At the moment, the game has three military factions: the United States, Germany and the Soviet Union. The player can purchase fighters of these factions and develop them. It is also possible to create a group of warriors, thereby allowing you to play with friends.
The variety of weapons and equipment depends on the faction. Also, you will have access to various upgrades. For stuff you can buy better shells, to set the supply crates for the infantry. Its different components can improve the weapon, and it is possible to put optics on some gun.
The game includes infantry units, tanks, aircraft and ground vehicles during the Second World war. The game has a diverse European landscape, from fields in rural areas to cities.
13. Risen 2: Dark Waters
Risen 2: Dark Waters is a pirate-themed action RPG set in the world filled with numerous fantasy creatures. It’s the sequel to Risen that follows and expands its story a little. Playing as a partly customizable character you need to help Patty, a female pirate from the original game, to find her father and save the world from Titans, who intend to destroy everything.
Risen 2 features a character development system where you can upgrade five characteristics. You can focus on either melee combat or use an amount of gunpowder weaponry. Another way is to develop your black magic skills. You can also upgrade the level of damage your attacks make and learn tricks to complete missions stealthily. A huge variety of abilities allows you to combine different skills in the way suitable for the preferred playstyle.
To develop your character, you need Glory that is gained from completing quests, exploration and killing enemies. Some abilities can be upgraded with special items or through training with master characters.
Strider is a platforming hack and slash game developed by Double Helix Games. The game is a reboot of 1989 title, yet the developers didn't intend the game to be viewed as one.
The title retells the original game's story. In the dystopian future, the best assassin of an organization called Strider is sent to eliminate the dictatorship of Grandmaster Melo who took over Earth and is now based in Kazakh City.
Strider features fast combat with the element of acrobatics. Similar to the original NES game, it is an intense side-scrolling action title. The players are free to explore Kazakh City in order to obtain new abilities and equipment. There are also several pickups scattered across the level. The pickups were intended to be found and collected rather than being temporary bonuses.
The game features three modes: Story Mode, Beacon Run, where the players have to reach multiple checkpoints as fast as possible, and Survival where players are put up against waves of enemies. The game features a ranking system and public leaderboards.
15. Dead Rising
Dead Rising was a specific iteration of an open world action horror game that is considered to be a beat ‘em up. The difference is that it’s a zombie survival with horror elements and crafting mechanics. The protagonist, Frank West, is sneaking into the Willamette to gather information on the reasons why is it being sealed by the National Guard. After landing on the roof of the big shopping mall, Frank asks the pilot to pick him up in 72 hours. Inside Frank learns of a massive zombie outbreak, and a threat of it nationwide infestation.
In order to complete missions, the player will have to explore the shopping mall and fend off the zombies. Frank has access to more than 250 items that can be used as weapons, ranging from low to high damage. Some of the weapons might have environmental properties, like being heated on the open fire. All weapons can be used a limited amount of times in order to make the player explore and search for random encounters, with struggling survivors that need saving, or “psychopaths” that act as mini-bosses. The game uses RPG elements, where the player earns Prestige Points that can be spent to improve skills and attributes. As a photographer, Frank has a camera that can be used to take pictures, that are rated and their rating score is converted into the Prestige Points.
Categories in common with Dead Rising: Action
16. Deus Ex 2: Invisible War
Invisible War is the sequel to the original Deus Ex. Like the rest of Deus Ex series, it is a cyberpunk story set in a not-so-distant future of 2072, twenty years after the ending of the first game.
You play as Alex D, who can be male or female depending on your choice. He or she is a clone created by a secret organization Majestic 12 but released and raised in the Chicago Tarsus Academy. Early at the game, the city and the Academy are attacked by a group of religious fanatics. Alex D goes on a run and is free to accept quests from various NPCs and any of the four main factions. These include the World Trade Organization, the religious Order, the Knights Templar terrorists and the Omar, a cyborg clan that shares a collective consciousness.
Deus Ex: Invisible War is played from the first person view and has certain elements of a shooter. Alex D can use a variety of weapons, both melee and firearms. Guns can be upgraded with additional parts such as silencers. The player can also enhance the main character’s special abilities by installing biomods into his or her body. Depending on the type, biomods can buff the protagonist’s skills or give the player special abilities like hacking.
17. Shadowrun: Hong Kong - Extended Edition
Year 2012. A mutation occurred on Earth. Next to people appear magicians, elves, goblins, gnomes, orcs, dragons. The world has not collapsed, different races have learned to harmoniously interact with each other. Civilization is developing.
Heroes of the game can belong to different races, and within the race - to be different representatives of it. The choice of the hero is done at the beginning of the game.
The world has come to magic, but crime has not disappeared from it. Heroes are caught in a criminal history. They can get out if they find the father of one of the heroes - in fact, this is the purpose of the game.
Heroes are pursued by police and criminals. In this situation, you can select three game intensity modes.
Heroes pumped skills and abilities. You can even pump etiquette. Pumped etiquette allows you to go through some missions without resistance.
Inside the universe, you can move to a level deeper. Diving into the virtual reality of a programmable matrix and solving problems at the program level. At this level, too, there are enemies - malicious programs. The damage incurred in the virtual world will affect the health of the characters.
18. Deus Ex: The Fall
Deus Ex: The Fall is a first-person role-playing stealth-action game developed by Eidos Montreal. It is the fourth installment in the series. The game serves as a prequel to Deus Ex: Human Revolution.
The year is 2027. Human augmentations are a common thing. Bex Saxon, an ex-SAS, gets employed by a PMC called Belltower Associates. Hiding from the Illuminati in Costa Rica, Ben starts to experience augmentation rejection syndrome because of a global shortage of Neuropozyne which suppresses the symptoms. Ben unravels a global conspiracy revolving around the drug and tries to warn the World Health Organization.
Like the previous installments, the game features a high degree of role-playing. Players are able to upgrade their augmentations, unlocking more and more abilities. An inventory system is also present. Players have the option to use lethal or non-lethal approaches using different takedowns, and a wide range of weaponry. The levels are fairly open-ended so it is possible to complete a mission without even confronting the enemies.
19. Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 is an action-adventure and a straight continuation of the first part of the franchise. It is also 39th part of the vast Castlevania series. The game currently features no successors.
The game, unlike its predecessor, features an open-world structure. The player follows the adventures of Gabriel Belmont through medieval settings and modern environments. Sometimes — at the start of the story, to be precise — the players gain control of Dracula who possesses Gabriel and gives him similar powers. The game consists of many fighting sequences in which combos are of importance — the various swords and claws, some allowing the protagonist to replenish his health and the other dealing massive damage to the enemies.
The game is highly story-driven. At the start, the developers present the players with the scenes of flashbacks, in which the transformation to Dracula is shown. While set in medieval settings, events depict Dracula as he quickly gets ambushed by his resurrected son and thrown back into the modern times where he starts his adventures.
The Revelations DLC released a month after the initial game announcement brings some story arc to the game, while the others: "Dark Dracula" and "Armored Dracula" bring only new characters skins and sprites.
20. Velvet Sundown
Jump into the role of a star and experience a new type of social gameplay!
Velvet Sundown is a social multiplayer role-playing game, taking place on a luxury yacht cruising the waters of a fictitious Caribbean state of Balbonia. Embark on a journey full of conspiracies, trickery and secrets where you can never tell a friend from foe.
In the beginning of each game you are assigned one of the 11 readymade characters at random. Each character has their own unique agenda to pursue, as well as a randomized goal to strive for. Fulfilling your objectives might not be as easy as it seems though: as everyone else has their own secrets, some of the people aboard might not be as willing to co-operate as you would like. It is up to you to use your cunning, wits and social skills to get what you want and avoid spilling your own secrets.
The scenarios are always multiplayer and require a minimum of 4 players, which means that every character you see is played by a real person. This also means completing quests always requires freeform chatting and interaction with the other characters.
Velvet Sundown is based on the Dramagame engine developed by the Finnish game developer Tribe Studios Ltd.Key Features
- The first entertainment title ever to use revolutionary Dramagame mechanics and technology
- Endless replayability: players' actions affect how each scenario plays out, so every session is truly unique
- Uses high-quality text-to-speech technology by Acapela to enhance immersion
- No grinding, no killing, no looting – just 100% pure role-playing
21. Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition
Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition is a fantasy role-playing game, a remake of the original 1998 release.
The plot follows a player-created character in the world of Forgotten Realms, mainly in the location known as the Sword Coast. Set out on a quest for vengeance and resolving a crisis, the hero finds many friends and enemies, and ultimately, reveals his origin and the circumstances of the game’s introduction.
The player can choose from different classes and in-game races, each with their advantages and disadvantages, and equip the corresponding gear to utilize the character’s skills of choice further. The role-playing system in the game is rich with dialogues and interactions with NPCs, as they often provide valuable information, quests or items. Combat in Baldur’s Gate is made through real-time actions and planning in pause mode, allowing players to create different strategies for more tough encounters.
New in enhanced edition
The remake brought various bugfixes and overhauls for current-gen gaming systems, allowing for bigger screen resolutions and overall higher quality of graphics while retaining the key gameplay features. New NPCs and related quests, as well as an expansion pack, were added to Enhanced Edition, and new difficulty levels were implemented, either for players who only want to immerse in the story, or those who prefer a real challenge to their skills.
22. Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth
Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth is a first-person horror game that combines intense action and adventure elements. You will draw upon your skills in exploration, investigation, and combat while faced with the seemingly impossible task of battling evil incarnate.Key features: Diverse array of levels from quaint towns to alien locations, including Deep One City
Dynamic Sanity system resulting in hallucinations, panic attacks, vertigo, paranoia, and more!
Incredibly detailed real-time graphics with atmospheric lighting and dynamic shadows
Intelligent gameplay involving puzzle solving as well as combat and exploration
1920s weaponry and vehicles as well as evil artifacts and alien technology
Lovecraft's famous monsters and locations
Categories in common with Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth: Shooter
Armello is a digital role-playing tabletop game developed by an indie Australian studios League of Geeks. It is the debut project of the game.
The game is set in a “dark fairytale” kingdom of Armello, where the anthropomorphic animals from many clans live. The king has gone crazy and is slowly dying because of the dark force named the Rot. The representatives of several factions come to the kingdom's capital to become the new king. Four characters are present at the beginning of the game: Tane the wolf, Amber the rabbit, Mercurio the rat, and Sanah, the bear.
Armello is a digital remake of a traditional fantasy tabletop role-playing game in which there are rolling dice and cards, that allows the players to execute certain actions. The gaming area is divided into hexagonal plates, that contain procedurally generated features like caves, buildings, other characters or pieces of equipment. As the game progresses, the players can buy in-game currency to purchase special abilities using the skill tree, that is unique to every character.
The game uses a turn-based system, where the players can equip new items or acquire new skills while the other players make their turn. The cards and dice are used only when the players directly interact with the in-game world. The players use cards for casting spells, hiring teammates, treating wounds or using the special items that grant temporary abilities.
24. Incoming Forces
Prepare for one of the most action packed-shooters in PC gaming history! Every level is full of enemies and targets for you to destroy! In the first game you will battle alien forces intent on wiping out the Human civilization. As a soldier you will use various vehicles and defend vital bases on Earth against the invaders' forces. In the second one you will become a soldier of the alien species and protect your home world from the forces of the Human armada.
Both games were famous for fast-paced action, hordes upon hordes of enemies and incredible, cool and satisfying gameplay – this pack is perfect both for hard core action shooter gamers and “Sunday school” casuals. Tons of fun included.
Categories in common with Incoming Forces: Action
25. The Longest Journey
The Longest Journey is an amazing graphical adventure, where the player controls the protagonist, April Ryan, on her journey between parallel universes. Embark on an exciting and original journey of discovery, where you will explore, solve puzzles, meet new people, face terrifying monsters, learn, grow, and live the adventure of a lifetime!
Over 150 locations spanning two distinct and detailed worlds
More than 70 speaking characters
40+ hours of gameplay
20+ minutes of high-resolution pre-rendered video footage
Cinematic musical score
26. Penumbra Overture
Penumbra Overture is a survival horror game developed by Frictional Games.
In the year 2001, after his mother's death, Phillip receives a message from his father who left the family and was supposedly dead. The letter leads Phillip to Greenland where he finds a mine his father wrote about. During the descent into the mine, the ladder breaks down. Phillip has to find another way out.
The game's world is highly interactive thanks to an advanced physics engine. Players are able to move the in-game objects by moving the mouse instead of just clicking on them. For example, in order to pull a door, the player has to click on the handle and pull the mouse towards themselves. There are no firearms in Penumbra, so Phillip has to fight the enemies off using mining equipment. It is better to evade any conflict rather than getting into a fight. Phillip can stick to the shadows to hide from the enemies, barricade doors or trap his enemies in the cages.
During gameplay, the player has to find clues on how to complete a certain puzzle. For example, when Phillip has to make a bomb, the players have to consult the explosives manual, find the ingredients and mix them together.
Rochard is a 2D side-scrolling platformer where player can manipulate the gravity with a G-Lifter which lets to manipulate big objects. There is an increasing level of difficulty, various puzzle solving missions, action and even humor. Although, the game is two-dimensional it takes place in three-dimensional world. In his journey the main protagonist of the game solves various different puzzles and encounters enemies. In order to overcome these obstacles, the player has to manipulate the gravity, weight and matter properties. With only one press of a button, the player can change the gravity. From normal gravity one can change it to the low gravity which lets player to jump higher and overcome other obstacles for example to throw heavy objects or do a recoil jump. The player also has the ability to swing on certain objects in low gravity using the Gravity Beam. There is also a mechanic in some levels where the gravity is inverted and sometimes the player has the ability to invert the gravity himself.
28. Shadow Complex Remastered
Powered by Unreal Engine technology, the “modern and masterful side-scroller” Shadow Complex became an instant classic when initially released in 2009, exclusively for Xbox 360. The fan favorite won more than 50 Game of the Year and Editor’s Choice Awards and was one of the most popular console games of the year. Shadow Complex Remastered features all the great content from the original game updated with exciting new enhancements and achievements to support its debut on Steam.
Giant Bomb - "5 out of 5 Stars - Amazing from start to finish!"
IGN - "The classic, exploration-heavy gameplay is a winner."
GameSpot - "An incredible adventure that won't be forgotten."
Worthplaying - "A love letter to Super Metroid"
Game Play Overview:
ChAIR’s fresh twist on classic side-scrolling design with modern, cutting-edge gameplay is amplified in Shadow Complex Remastered, featuring all the content from the award-winning original game, updated with graphical enhancements, all-new dynamic melee take-downs, and additional Achievements and Master Challenges.
Through 10+ hours of exploration and fast-paced combat, you’ll discover game-altering power-ups to overcome obstacles, thwart legions of enemies, and delve further into a mysterious and challenging, non-linear game world.
Core Game Play Elements:
- Original single-player experience inspired by classic non-linear exploration side-scrolling genre
- Open world design that evolves as the player explores and progresses through the game
- Huge, mysterious game world populated with legions of enemies, challenges, and jaw-dropping boss battles
- Dozens of unique game-altering power-ups and more than 100 additional items and enhancements to discover
- Intense game play infused with a compelling action-thriller storyline
- Incredible graphics with robust physics, made possible by Epic Games’ Unreal Engine 3
- Bonus Proving Grounds game mode provides side-challenges to help players become the ultimate Shadow Complex master
- Up-rezzed characters, enemies, environments, and interface
- Updated lighting, post-processing, and visual effects
- New contextual melee take-downs
- New Achievements and Master Challenges
- Supports keyboard/mouse and PC controller with customizable controller and key bindings, and up to 4K resolution support
Shadow Complex propels lost hiker Jason Fleming into the hollows of government conspiracy, dark political motives, and military upheaval. When Jason and his girlfriend Claire accidentally stumble upon a rogue paramilitary group called The Restoration, it soon becomes clear that the faction’s intent is to set in motion a chain of events that will cause America to collapse into a new civil war. Along the way, Jason acquires many high-tech “toys” The Restoration is developing, and eventually becomes a super-powered engine of destruction.
Follow Shadow Complex for the latest updates, discussions and more:
29. Job Simulator
A tongue-in-cheek virtual reality experience for HTC Vive. In a world where robots have replaced all human jobs, step into the "Job Simulator" to learn what it was like 'to job'.Key Features!
- Throw a stapler at your boss!
- Learn to 'job' in four not-so historically accurate representations of work life before society was automated by robots!
- Use your hands to stack, manipulate, throw, and smash physics objects in an inexplicably satisfying way!
- Aggressively chug coffee and eat questionable food from the trash!
- Use the confluence of decades of VR research to accurately track your every movement to sub-millimeter precision so that you eat VR donuts, of course!
- Able to juggle tomatoes in real life? Do it in VR! Unable to juggle? There's no cleanup required in VR!
- Gain valuable life experience by firing new employees, serving slushy treats, brewing English tea, and ripping apart car engines!
- Have a comfortable VR experience where vomiting is solely a gameplay mechanic, not a side-effect!
A VR-Only game!
Communicate with the Owlchemy team over Twitter at @OwlchemyLabs
30. FINAL FANTASY IV
FINAL FANTASY IV makes its debut on PC!
As the first game in the series to feature the innovative Active Time Battle system, FINAL FANTASY IV stands as an iconic milestone in FINAL FANTASY history. Lose yourself in this timeless tale of heroes, betrayal, love and redemption—now optimized for PC!Key Features:
Fully voiced, dramatic cut-scenes
Deep, emotionally charged character development
All-new system for charting dungeons and uncovering the secrets within
Inspiring score accessible at anytime from the built-in Jukebox
*Please select the language you wish to play in via the game launcher.
Categories in common with FINAL FANTASY IV: Role Playing
31. Vampire: The Masquerade - Redemption
Before your fall, you led a crusade against evil. Now you've become one of the undead creatures you once battled - a Vampire. Inhabiting the World of Darkness, you must face a series of brutal confrontations with your nemesis Vukodlak, a powerful vampire lord.
Your unholy showdown begins in medieval Europe and rages on into the modern day, as you track a soulless enemy in an eternal struggle to destroy him. For this is the only hope of vengeance for your tortured immortality.
A storyline that begins in Middle Ages and ends in the present
A well-known universe as the game’s setting: World of Darkness
Your decisions during both gameplay and conversations will determine the final outcome of the story
32. Master of Orion
Master Of Orion – Conquer the Stars
The ascendant spacefaring 4X strategy game returns! A new chapter in the epic Master of Orion saga is poised to once again capture the imaginations of millions of gamers.
Diehard fans of the first games will be ecstatic to know that this revival is being built under the watchful eyes of members from the original development team, in conjunction with NGD Studios in Buenos Aires!
Discover Master of Orion as it was always meant to be: A fully orchestrated score, interstellar warfare and exploration against the backdrop of beautifully animated far flung galaxies. Confront hostile civilizations, negotiate with mysterious aliens, share knowledge with allies and uncover this newly imagined universe.
Just a sampling of the features you will find:
- All 10 original Master of Orion races, brought to life through compelling AI and award-winning voice acting talent
- Over 75 researchable technological advancements
- Vast galaxies featuring up to a 100 different solar systems, each composed of myriad planets and stars
- Customizable ships with diverse styles for each race
- Multiple ways to win – including conquest, technological, diplomatic, and more
- Enthralling gameplay that will have you saying “just one more turn” again and again
- The exclusive Terran race of militant humans to play in the game
- Special pixelated ship models available in the game for a more retro feel
- All three legendary original games – Master of Orion 1, 2, and 3
- A nearly 300-page Art Book (in digital format) showing the progress of the game’s art along with the original concept art and line drawings
- Music files from the game and printable music scores
Categories in common with Master of Orion: Strategy
33. Onimusha: Warlords
Capcom’s riveting samurai adventure returns! This version includes the original game’s intense swordplay and dramatic revenge story, plus a host of enhancements. Improved controls allow players to move and fight with analog-stick precision. The crisp, high-definition visuals support 16:9 widescreen as well as the original 4:3 resolution display. A new soundtrack brings the feudal Japan setting to life with an air of authenticity and intrigue. Experience this enhanced version of the best-selling action-adventure classic!
Categories in common with Onimusha: Warlords: Action
34. Rise of the Triad
Apogee Software and Interceptor Entertainment proudly present the rebirth of the cult-classic first-person shooter, “Rise of the Triad”. Bigger, better and more ludicrous than ever before. The H.U.N.T returns with a full single-player campaign, a fully featured multiplayer experience and so much more.Key Features:
- Step into the shoes of the H.U.N.T. (High-Risk United Nations Taskforce) with five unique characters, each with different play styles
- Blast through over 20 of levels of explosive single-player action
- Unique online multiplayer maps bring back all the fun and excitement of classic ROTT
- The full arsenal of over-the top weapons is back, including the Flamewall, Firebomb, Split Missile, Drunk Missile and, of course, the Excalibat!
- The maniacal modes return, with God mode, Elasto mode, Mercury mode, Shrooms mode and everyone's favorite, Dog mode!
- Build your own levels, mods and share them with the Ludicrous Development Kit™ & Steam Workshop
- Find tons of secrets, collectibles, special events and hidden areas to explore
- Get 95 achievements to add to your score, which is tracked on our worldwide leaderboard and stat-tracking system
- ROTT is bloodier and more ludicrous than ever, with full character and enemy dismemberment
- The iconic original soundtrack has been completely re-forged in the fires of heavy metal!
- Nostalgia abounds with the option to play with all the original music
35. Driver Parallel Lines
You were the fastest wheelman on the street. You were a legend. You were money. Until they set you up and sent you down. Twenty-eight years inside for someone else's crime. Now you're getting out. Guess what? You got a new job, it's called getting revenge.
Dual Time Periods - Experience New York's gritty underworld as the most lethal wheelman for hire in the both the 70's of the past and the modern times of today.
Choose Your Own Ride - Get behind the wheel of 80 cars and motorcycles including old school classics and modern day marvels.
Conquer New York's Underground - Shoot, smash and steal your way through NYC's gritty underground using an arsenal of short and long range assault weapons.
Fully Customizable Vehicles - Build your perfect ride with custom body work, engine upgrades, tunable suspensions, custom paints and accessories like bullet proof glass and tinted windows.
NeoTokyo is an MMO game in a cyberpunk setting of near-future Tokyo. It was created as a Half-Life 2 mod.
In the 2040s, a group of Japanese nationalists in Japan's military tried to overthrow the legitimate government. Although the coup failed, the government doesn't trust its military anymore. The authorities created a new special service named Group Six that acts as a combination of secret police and counter-intelligence and hunts for the possible future conspirators. There's a rumor that a spec ops unit called Jinrai conspires to repeat the coup and the two services feud for power. This is all set to the backdrop of a dystopian megalopolis, where people slowly become fused with technology and a larger political crisis in Asia.
The players assume the roles of fighters in two competing teams. They engage in two multiplayer modes, one is a classic deathmatch, and the other, Capture The Ghost, is a variation of capture the flag mode. The game is played in rounds, and if a character is killed, he or she will respawn only after a round ends.
NeoTokyo has three classes for characters. The Recon class is fast, wears light armor and can run without exhausting. The Support is the toughest class that uses explosives and heavy armor. The Assault class is in the middle ground between the two others. All three classes have to be used in a thoroughly planned combination. NeoTokyo rewards tactical thought and prudent gameplay.
Categories in common with NEOTOKYO: Action
37. The Park
Set in a creepy amusement park hiding a dark and sinister secret, The Park is a one to two hour long first-person psychological horror experience focusing on intense storytelling and exploration instead of combat and action.
A day at the park... a lost teddy bear... a missing child. As the sun sets over Atlantic Island Park, you must explore its dilapidated rides in search of your son, Callum. As darkness falls, you will experience panic and paranoia through a narrative written by a team of award winning storytellers.
Amusement parks are happy places, filled with the joys of childhood and the exhilarating rush of fantastic rides to be dared. That was the vision of eccentric business man Nathaniel Winter when he opened the doors to Atlantic Island Park in 1977.
Unfortunately, the park's history turned out to be one plagued by tragedy and drama. Its freak accidents, grotesque killings and ghostly hauntings have inspired many a sensational headline, and locals worry the park is far from done claiming innocent lives.
For Lorraine, it's where her worst nightmare began.
WARNING: This experience deals with subject matter that might prove emotionally distressing to some. Player discretion is advised.
- Explore Atlantic Island Park and step onto rides such as the Ferris Wheel, the Bumper Cars and the Rollercoaster; just beware, some of them have a life of their own
- Enter the mind of Lorraine, a woman facing every parent's worst nightmare, and unravel her story as well as the dark and tragic history of the park
- Call out for Callum to respond, and interact with the environment around you while examining clues and listening to Lorraine's own inner voice as the game progresses
- Compelling graphics and audio deliver a uniquely atmospheric setting rich in mood and mystery, developed by a team of award-winning AAA developers
BONUS: The Park is inspired by a setting within the modern-day myths and mysteries MMO The Secret World. This copy of The Park includes unique in-game items that can be applied to one The Secret World account; the Killer Chipmunk outfit and three powerful, legendary talismans.
Categories in common with The Park: Adventure
38. Turok 2: Seeds of Evil
Turok 2: Seeds of Evil returns to the PC! The sequel to the hit game Turok is now available, featuring a host of enemies, weapons, missions, locations and a new multiplayer mode. Remastered for today’s computers using a new engine with improved graphics, Turok 2 will transport players into sprawling environments with vicious enemies lurking behind every corner.
The Dinosaur Hunter Returns
- Fight your way through 35 different types of enemies with bouncing bellies, blinking eyes, stretching tentacles and snapping jaws. From Prehistoric Raptors, to evolved Flesh Eaters, to your final battle with the Mother of all beasts— you’ll want to defeat all of them!
- Enemies are intelligent! They’re smart enough to attack in groups, to flee when they are outgunned, and to take cover during a firefight.
- Enemies flinch and spasm differently depending on which body part you hit.
- Conquer 6 engrossing Quest Levels including the Port of Adia, the Death Marshes and the Lair of the Blind Ones.
Over 20 Weapons
- Unload multiple ricocheting shotgun shells with the Shredder.
- Send brains flying with the skull-drilling Cerebral Bore, a fan favorite.
- Stomp enemies flat while riding an artillery-mounted Triceratops!
- The new Multiplayer mode lets you battle with your friends. Using the best levels, weapons, and visuals from both the PC and Nintendo 64 versions, players will encounter a fun and visceral multiplayer experience.
- Players can also choose between a few skins for their character in combat. Network multiplayer is available through Steam, GOG Galaxy, LAN and direct IP with cross play capabilities.
- Split-screen mode is also available in network multiplayer. Lastly, a new multiplayer game mode called “Last Turok Standing” has been added.
New Game Engine
- Ported to the Kex Engine 3.4.
- Full 64-bit compatibility.
- Brand new UI system.
New Graphics System
- Modernized deferred renderer.
- Shadow maps and compiled light maps.
- Screen-space reflections on textures and materials.
- Dynamic and fixed-resolution sub/super-sampling.
- New decals and effects.
- Improved character speed and manoeuvrability, including the ability to grapple ledges.
- Updated maps.
- Improved AI.
- "Quick warp" feature allows instant travel to any previously visited portal.
- Save and load anywhere.
Also available from Nightdive Studios:
39. Ion Fury
While Shelly “Bombshell” Harrison earned her codename defusing bombs for the Global Defense Force, when evil transhumanist mastermind Dr. Jadus Heskel unleashes the members of his cybernetic cult onto the streets of Neo DC, she knows it’s time to start causing explosions instead of preventing them.
Her quest to slay Heskel leaves a trail of carnage throughout huge, multi-path levels filled with gigantic explosions, more secret areas than we can count, and inhuman foes behind every corner. There’s no regenerating health here; stop taking cover and start running and gunning.
Shelly’s crusade to take down Heskel’s army will see her leave destruction in her wake with a wide arsenal of weapons, complete with alternate fire modes and different ammo types. Her signature revolver, the tri-barreled Loverboy, brings enemies pain and players pleasure with both single shots and Old West-style hammer fanning action. Who needs a regular shotgun when you can load buckshot into your grenade launcher? Violent, over-the-top Bowling Bombs rip enemies apart with ease.
Ion Fury laughs at the idea of mandatory checkpoints and straight paths through shooting galleries. But, just because this is a true old-school first-person shooter doesn’t mean we've ignored all the good new stuff the last two decades have brought. Headshots? Hell yeah. More physics and interactivity? You betcha. Widescreen, controller support, and Auto Saves? 3D Realms and Voidpoint have taken the best of both worlds and cooked it all into a bloody stew.
The true successor to classic shooters such as Duke Nukem 3D, Shadow Warrior, and Blood.
Experience the original BUILD engine on steroids, pumped up and ready to rock again after 20 years!
Duck, jump, climb, swim, and blast your way through 7 exciting zones packed with multiple levels of mayhem!
A beautiful game world assembled from thousands of hand-crafted textures and sprites
An awe-inspiring arsenal of devastating weapons, including multiple ammo types and alternate fire modes. Tri-barreled revolvers, grenade launchers, and heat-seeking smart bombs are your best friends!
The classic '90s FPS action you love, meshed with modern inventions like locational damage and seamless level transitions
ZERO PROCEDURAL GENERATION. All levels are hand made and full of multiple paths, cool effects, and complex set pieces!
Thumping soundtrack comprised of true tracked module music, in authentic FastTracker 2 format
Easy access on to level editor and other development tools on day one, plus Steam Workshop support
40. Digger Online
In this game you have available 249 unique types of building blocks! More than 100 different scenery! 25 unique characters! 8 game modes
You can create levels of the game with your friends, traveling on someone else's map and easy evaluate them. The game has a top list of cards that will allow the best cards to be seen.
Also "Kopatel-Online" gives you a large number of different decorations, which will be constantly updated. You can vitalize your card with animals, fish and birds.
Your card can be a serious puzzle for the other players, because you can hide a variety of traps , door keys, do the secret hiding place there, such as gold cups, for example.
The game has well-developed characters for each kind of person : knights, pirates, vikings, skeletons, zombies, today's soldiers, many of whom will have their own unique abilities.
Also "Kopatel" has several combat playing modes such as :Hunger GamesModern WarZombie VirusRun!
41. Shadows on the Vatican Act I: Greed
Visiting Rome from Chicago, where he works as a doctor, ex-priest James Murphy answers a mysterious call for help from his friend Cristoforo. The disappearance of a briefcase containing compromising documents is enough to convince James that his friend is a victim of something shady and sinister. The Vatican's involvement and some strange parallels with his own traumatic past inspire James to get to the bottom of this mystery.
Along this dangerous and disturbing path, James finds the most unlikely travelling companion who will question his deepest beliefs. And so the two characters begin both a physical journey in search of the truth, and a metaphysical exploration of the inner soul and the darkest secrets that everyone hides, even a "champion of the faith" like James.
Rome is the stage for this adventure – a city bathed in eternal twilight, its skies tinted the color of blood spilled in more than thirty years of intrigue: blood of innocents and guilty, unknown and famous victims alike.KEY FEATURES
- Shadows on the Vatican is a thrilling new point-and-click adventure in 4 acts, inspired by real events in recent Italian history and freely adapted from the bestseller of David Yallop "In God's Name".
- Art direction by Lorenzo Ruggiero (Marvel/DC Comics)
- Over 10 locations per episode with high resolution graphics and Full HD support
- Realistic characters with hours of motion-capture animations
- Well integrated puzzles and several hours of gameplay
- Animated coloured comics by award winner Daniela di Matteo
42. Saturday Morning RPG
Saturday Morning RPG is an episodic JRPG set in world heavily inspired by 1980s Saturday morning cartoons and pop culture. Players take the role of Martin "Marty" Michael Hall, an average high-school student who has just been granted an incredible power - a power that ultimately leads him to attract the ire of the world's most notorious villain, Commander Hood! Saturday Morning RPG features a full soundtrack by legendary composer Vince DiCola (Transformers: The Animated Movie, Rocky IV) and his composing partner, Kenny Meriedeth (contributor for DuckTales, Power Rangers, X-Men, and others).TECH SPECS:
- Episodic Gameplay: The story and gameplay of Saturday Morning RPG takes place across several episodes, each of which tells a complete self-contained story. Players can play any episode in any order, at any time! All of your stats and items carry between episodes. It’s a unique spin on the tried and true New Game Plus mode. On top of that, small decisions made in some episodes will carry forth into others – adding a layer of replay to each episode. Five episodes are included!
- Active Turn-Based Combat: Saturday Morning RPG draws quite a bit of inspiration from games like Nintendo’s Paper Mario series. Battles in the game are turn-based, but the player is always participating by actively defending against attacks and completing reflex tests to power up their own assaults.
- Defeat Enemies With Regular Stuff: Marty fights all his battles in the game by channeling magic through everyday objects. Use a pack of striped gum to summon rainbow zebras that trample your foes – or call upon a transforming action figure to morph you into a semi-truck!
- Nostalgia Fueled Everything: Everything in Saturday Morning RPG centers on nostalgia. Marty receives his magical abilities thanks to a certain kind of garish plastic notebook, he can equip scratch ‘n sniff stickers to get statistical boosts, and he’ll traverse worlds inspired by the entire gamut of Saturday morning cartoons.
- Endless Battle Mode: Take on wave after wave of enemies in an endless survival mode where resource management becomes everything!
- Optional Arena Battles: Take on powerful enemies in optional arena battles. Two fights are currently included, with more coming as free updates.
- Controller Support: Full support for game controllers.
- Steam Achievements and Trading Cards: Earn over 70 achievements and collect 8 trading cards.
43. Crashday Redline Edition
CRASHDAY: REDLINE EDITION
More speed. More destruction. More fun than ever before!
The most action-loaded arcade racer is back on Steam in a fully overhauled edition! Created by the original developers of the 2006 PC racing game Crashday, we proudly present the game's official re-release version: Crashday: Redline Edition!
Crashday: Redline Edition is the multiplayer arcade racer with near limitless possibilities! Race. Wreck. Shoot. Smash. Seven game modes. Battle online and offline. On roads and in arenas. Design and share your own tracks. Enjoy user-made mods, circuits and cars from Steam Workshop. Play the game the way you like. Today there are no rules.MAIN FEATURES
Crashday: Redline Edition brings you everything that you love about Crashday, carefully enhanced in various meaningful ways:
- Multiplayer BattlesPlay in online multiplayer, single events or in the career game. Now including full Steam integration, with Steam-based lobbies, avatar images, voice chat and more.
- Seven Game ModesEnjoy a variety of play styles such as Wrecking Match, Stunt Show or Race, as well as unique Crashday classics like Hold The Flag, Pass The Bomb or Bomb Run. Compete solo or in teams.
- Track EditorBuild and share your own crazy circuits using the integrated track editor. Choose from over 150 building blocks, including insane ramps, wicked corkscrews, off-road terrains and a lot more.
- ModdingCustomize the hell out of the game! Download and play mods, cars, tracks and more from the newly integrated Steam Workshop, or create your own using the Crashday SDK. New: modded gameplay is now fully online-play compatible!
But there's more. Here's what else you get with Crashday: Redline Edition!
- Refreshed graphicsNew lighting, reworked textures and a brushed-up HUD & UI.
- Gameplay tweaksEnhanced controls, improved gamepad support and fine-tuned balancing in multiple areas of the game.
- 36 tracksIncluding 10 new tracks specifically added for Redline Edition.
- 12 vehiclesGet behind the wheel of urban street rides, heavy off-roaders and high-speed sports cars. Vrooom!
- WeaponsBlast your enemies into pieces with missiles and mini-gun firepower.
- Damage modelReal-time deformation. Just because it's so much fun to destroy things! :)
- Pick-upsAll-new in Redline Edition! Grab ammo refill, instant-repair and more right from the tracks. The perfect enhancement for online battles.
- TuningUpgrade your rides with various tuning kits and parts. Now including full customization for multiplayer car setups.
- Action replaysView the most spectacular scenes over and over.
- Online playRace against up to 8 friends in online matches, both VS-style or in teams.
- Single eventSet up matches just the way you want and race against AI.
- Career gameRise to fame as a driver in the Crashday underground league and unlock cars and tuning parts as you progress.
- Mini gamesStill not enough? Accept these six highscore challenges.
- Bugfixes en masseWe have crushed more than 100 bugs (oops!) from the original game.
- Original soundtrackLast but not least: all of the classic music tracks from Crashday, including the unforgettable Pencilcase, Lowbuz, Peter Struck and more!
- Wrecking MatchThe classic arena deathmatch: destroy or be destroyed! Any more questions?
- Stunt ModeAmaze the audience by performing stunts, jumps and roll-over with your car. The freakier your show, the more points you get.
- RaceBe the first to cross the finish line. With or without weaponry distraction.
- Hold The FlagGrab an awkwardly large smiley (why not a flag?) from your enemies and take it through the checkpoints to score and win.
- Pass The BombA bomb on your car is armed, and the timer is running. Now quick! Pass on the bomb to your “friends” before it blows up.
- Bomb RunNever drive slower than a certain speed, or a bomb in your car blows up! The evil deal: every time you pass a checkpoint, the minimum speed increases!
- Test DriveRoam freely around your tracks without any limitations.
Starting as a hobby project of two 14-year-olds in 1998, Robert Clemens and Jan Bodenstein developed a vision for their game of dreams: Crashday – a game that would combine elements of their back-then favourites Carmageddon (1996) and Stunts (1990). In a time long before indie games became a normal thing, the duo taught themselves about programming and creating game art to make their vision come true. Developer Moonbyte Studios was born.
Fast-forward eight years, the PC racing game actually hit the shelves in early 2006 – completed with the help of development partner Replay Studios, and distributed by then-publisher Atari. Long overdue and far more complex than in the developers' wildest dreams, the game saw a positive reception amongst players worldwide. Crashday quickly built up a community of passionate online players, track builders, and enthusiastic modders. Last but not least due to extensive modding capabilities, the game had eventually survived far longer than anyone had expected.
2017. Already past its tenth anniversary and driven by tremendous support from a few still-active Crashday players and fans, Moonbyte decided to bring their “baby” back to Steam. Nowadays, in a fully digital landscape, the way community-driven online games are played and shared has changed – perfect conditions for a game like Crashday, and surely the ideal opportunity to pay tribute to the fans by making use of new technology and distribution channels while staying true to its roots. This is Crashday: Redline Edition.
44. Project: Snowblind
Experience the dramatic intensity of the frontlines of a war through the eyes of the first of a new breed of super soldiers in this gritty and epic first-person action game.
An augmented super-soldier must stop a renegade regime from eradicating the civilized world.
Hong Kong, 2065. 2nd Lt. Nathan Frost is just a regular grunt in an international army called the Liberty Coalition. When he takes massive injuries from an explosion on the battlefield, Frost undergoes an experimental procedure. The outcome of the surgery is something more than human; a transformation that makes him a unique weapons-grade warrior, with abilities that far surpass those of the average soldier.
Empowered with these extra-normal abilities via implanted augmentations, Frost is immediately sent to the frontlines of a war as a secret weapon against the destructive regime. Stranded in hostile territory, cut off from command and far outnumbered, Frost and a handful of men must try and stop the entire renegade militia's plan threatening to plunge the world into darkness.
- Engage in battle online multiplayer with up to 16 players & voice over IP support in classic and new multiplayer modes.
- A wide variety of game pacing ranges from the frenetic chaos of battlefield action to tactical stealth infiltration style missions.
- Equip yourself with an arsenal of experimental weaponry such as the Riot Wall™ and Attack Drones, and other high tech gadgetry. Used in combination, the equipment yields a variety and depth of gameplay never before realized, especially in multiplayer play.
- In multiplayer, vehicles are co-operatively used; one guy drives while the other mans the mounted turrets.
- Augmentations such as Invisibility, Reflex Boost and Electrical Storm give you an edge on the battlefield against your highly equipped and battle-ready foe.
- Pick-up & play, visceral action pulls the player through a cinematically immersive storyline from Minute One of play.
- 11 missions spanning across 16 maps including the Opera House turned Prison, a Buddhist Temple converted to a Military Base, and the sprawling urban Wastelands.
Categories in common with Project: Snowblind: Action
45. Life Goes On: Done to Death
Life Goes On: Done to Death is a comically-morbid platformer where you guide heroic knights to their demise and use the dead bodies to solve puzzles. Wanting to live forever, a mighty king sends his army of knights to find the Cup of Life. On this quest, you will summon knight after knight to be brutally sacrificed. Impale knights on spikes to create a safe path. Catch a knight on a sawblade to land the body on a button. Freeze knights into blocks of ice to reach higher ground.
You’ll also electrocute knights to open doors, blast knights out of cannons, and even zombify a knight to be your violent, dim-witted friend. As you journey through treacherous and trap-ridden worlds, you’ll show no mercy to solve each challenging puzzle.
In this game, death is not a setback. It is your only means to progress.Key Features
You must die to solve puzzles.
We hope you’re okay with killing knights, since this is a pretty twisted way to solve puzzles! Dying is your only way to progress. As you sacrifice knights, you'll figure out how to use the dead bodies with the mechanisms in the game to solve each challenging puzzle.
Morbid, yet comical gameplay.
You’ll kill so many knights, you might even feel remorse! But flinging a bumbling knight into a saw blade or turning one into your violent, puzzle-solving friend is comical. Trust us.
Vibrant, trap-ridden worlds.
Journey through 65+ levels within four vibrant, colourful worlds full of lava, ice, spike pits, portals, zombies, cannons, and much more. And there are extra-difficult challenge levels for hardcore puzzle-addicts.
Unlockable hats and weapons. (Silly ones, of course!)
Can you find the Cup of Life wearing a horse head? On top of solving puzzles, you'll be able to unlock amusing hats and weapons. Your knights will spawn wearing silly hats, like beanies and berets, and wielding even sillier weapons, like dead fish and spatulas.
Who is Jeff? Well, he's furry, cute, and lurking in every level. Will you be his friend?
There are awards for solving levels with the least number of knights and completing them in record time!
Life Goes On: Done to Death also includes a kick-ass boss fight, a map-integrated storyline, an armoury to check out all your hat and weapons, and other features that will make you laugh at death.
46. The Occupation
The Occupation is a first-person, fixed time, investigative thriller sim set in North-West England on 24th October, 1987. The game begins at 3:27pm.
An attack has left 23 dead & has become a catalyst for the creation of The Union Act. A controversial act which threatens the civil liberties of the British population.
The next 4 hours will determine the outcome of the act and the future of the country. Events happen in real-time and you must make decisions based on the evidence surrounding you.
Is the cost of an extreme action outweighed by the cause of the greater good?
You are the reporter. You decide the narrative.
YOUR SWORD FOR THE DRAGON GODThe appearance of the Metin stones has torn deep rifts through the once flourishing world of the Dragon God. War has erupted between the kingdoms – wild animals have transformed into fearsome beasts and the dead have arisen to bloodthirsty, demonic life.
Defend your kingdom and hurl yourself into incredible battles full of action and magic. Raise your weapons against the forces of evil and become a living legend in one of Europe’s biggest MMORPGs!SHARPEN YOUR BLADE AND MIND Experience epic PvE adventures and merciless PvP duels
Fight through maps and dungeons against dragons and sinister demon lords
Charge into fast-paced battles – even against entire hordes of enemies
Become a mighty warrior and increase your character’s level right up to 120CHOOSE YOUR PATH AND FORGE ALLIANCES Choose from five character classes – Warriors, Ninjas, Shamans, Suras and Lycans
Choose your kingdom: Shinsoo, Chunjo or Jinno
Found a guild with friends and build on your lands
Fight on lightning-fast mounts and tame cool pets
Continually improve your weapons and equipment through a selection of crafting systems
Take part in regular seasonal and community events
48. MegaTagmension Blanc + Neptune VS Zombies (Neptunia)
The prestigious Gamicademi – a school of fading glory. To put it back in the spotlight, Blanc and friends decide to film a zombie flick on campus. All’s quiet on the set until real zombies start crawling out of the woodworks! Now they’ve got to send these zombies to detention in this hack ‘n’ slash or else be history!
- Fight off zombie hordes in 1080p with a two-person tag team and rack up crazy combos!
- Team up with up to 3 other friends in online Multiplay mode to take on multiplayer quests, with new quests updated daily!
- More characters join the battle with their own fighting styles, including Plutia, Peashy, Uzume, and a new playable character – Tamsoft!
- Dress to kill with customizable equipment, and accessories that can be put pretty much anywhere.
Categories in common with MegaTagmension Blanc + Neptune VS Zombies (Neptunia): Action
49. Greed: Black Border
Hack ‘n slash your way through this science-fiction-themed action/RPG.
In the futuristic universe of GREED, the discovery of new interstellar travel possibilities has led to a new age of colonialization. The five largest colonial powers are entangled in a full-scale war over a new element called Ikarium, the recently discovered rare source of nearly unlimited energy. As a former member of an elite military unit, you will fight a battle for your survival not knowing that your actions will lead the fate of all mankind into dramatic consequences…
- Three entirely different character classes to choose from
- A huge variety of different levels in three unique settings, each playable on 3 difficulties, inhabited by fierce and deadly creatures & screen-filling end bosses
- Upgradeable skills in three categories per character class – the simultaneous use of these categories causes thrilling skill combinations
- Upgradeable character attributes with direct game play effect
- Hundreds of items to collect that upgrade weapons and amour
- Online and local cooperative multiplayer mode for up to three players
Click here to download the Greed: Black Border Official Soundtrack for free! (97MB .rar)
50. Redneck Rampage
A week from a Redneck's life:
Munday: Well, we crash-landed that UFO in the desert and Bubba says he wants to go home. Heck, I don't blame him 'cause there ain't no place like Hickston. But according to my map, we're gonna have to blast our way through jack o' lope farms and a riverboat as well as a brothel (Bubba can't wait) 'fore we get home again.
Toosday: Met new folks like Daisy Mae (she's purty). Bikers, pigs, cows and jack o' lopes. I think I even saw the King at the Slurp n' Burp.
Winsday: Yeehaw! Got to joyride in a Swamp Buggy and a motorcycle that were both armed to the teeth. I hope those peoples I ran over will be alrite. I still got a darn jack 'o lope stuck in the grill though.
Thersday: New ways to destroy stuff! I found over 10 weapons like a crossbow that shoots dynamite-loaded chickens and a slingblade. Mmmm-Hmm!
Fri-day: Sure am hungry! I just need some good ol' redneck powerups like pork rinds, cow pies and some of my granpappy's moonshine!
Saterday: Boy I sure so like those toe tapping tunes by that good ol' boy Mojo Nixon.
Sunday: Heck! With all the new places we been, I sure wish my kinfolk could've come along for the ride!