The best games like Dear Esther are:
- arrow_rightThe Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director's Cut
- arrow_rightMonster Hunter: World
- arrow_rightDeath Stranding
- arrow_rightAmnesia: A Machine for Pigs
- arrow_rightS.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky
- arrow_rightDear Esther: Landmark Edition
- arrow_rightSalt and Sanctuary
- arrow_rightAssassin's Creed III: Remastered
100 Best Games Like Dear Esther:
Filter by Platform Select a Platformarrow_drop_down
- PC (100)
- Xbox One (18)
- PlayStation 4 (25)
- iOS (14)
- Android (7)
- macOS (47)
- Linux (31)
- Nintendo Switch (7)
- Xbox 360 (6)
- Xbox (2)
- PlayStation 3 (9)
- PlayStation 2 (3)
- PlayStation (4)
- PS Vita (3)
- PSP (1)
- Wii (2)
- Game Boy Advance (1)
- NES (1)
- Classic Macintosh (1)
- Commodore / Amiga (2)
- Atari ST (2)
- Genesis (1)
- SEGA Saturn (1)
- Dreamcast (1)
1. The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director's Cut
The Witcher is the very first instalment of the series that follows the story of Geralt from Rivia. Being found unconscious on the battlefield he must retrieve his memory and help the emperor's daughter, Adda to stop her from turning in to a feral monster. Facing the biggest enemy, Salamander, Geralt must also help all the fractions around the world to find peace between each other.
The fighting system is very flexible. Choosing from three different styles, you can adapt Geralt for any kind of a combat situation. Fast style of fighting gives you an opportunity to strike your opponents with your speed. The strong style focuses itself on destroying your enemies with powerful attacks, while sweeping style is very good when facing a number of foes. You can also craft some potions to gain important benefits such as seeing in the dark or having a larger amount HP. Plot style is unique as well. The game never gives a precise definition of evil, which leads the player to convenient situations where the choice is quite bad anyway. Enhanced edition improves every aspect of the game as graphics and the productivity of it, while Director's Cut does the same without censorship for North America's version.
2. Monster Hunter: World
Monster Hunter: World is the fifth game in the Japanese franchise Monster Hunter, which is about hunting giant beasts. It is set in a medieval fantasy setting, on a continent known as the New World that is being colonized by the humans from the Old World. The plot revolves around a dragon migration called Elder Crossing. Your protagonist is a hunter, whose name and appearance can be customized. You traveled from the Old World to study and hunt the dragons and other local monsters.
The hunter, accompanied by an assistant, starts at the city of Astera, from where they can freely wander the open world. There are six regions in the New World, each with its own base camp. The camps are where you have to thoroughly prepare before every expedition, gathering equipment and provision. Before you can fight monsters, they need to be tracked down using Scout flies and studied to discover their habits, strengths, and weaknesses. There are no character levels, so your hunter’s effectiveness relies on the hunting gear you have equipped. Advanced armor and weapons can be created using a detailed crating system. Many items that you found on missions, including body parts of monsters, can be used for crafting.
3. Death Stranding
Sam Bridges must brave a world utterly transformed by the Death Stranding. Carrying the stranded remnants of the future in his hands, Sam embarks on a journey to reunite the shattered world one step at a time. What is the mystery of the Death Stranding? What will Sam discover on the road ahead? A genre defining gameplay experience holds these answers and more.
Experience a journey like nothing before it, from legendary game creator Hideo Kojima. Take control of working man Sam Bridges, as he braves a deadly and mysterious world where death’s tide lurks everywhere.
Featuring an all-star cast, including Norman Reedus, Mads Mikkelsen, Lindsay Wagner, Léa Seydoux and Guillermo del Toro, Death Stranding is a unique and unforgettable game.
4. Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs
Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs is a first-person survival horror, an indirect sequel to 2010 title Amnesia: The Dark Descent. The gameplay is most parts identical to that of previous game and consist of exploring surroundings, solving puzzles, and avoiding monsters. Like in the previous game, your character is practically unable to confront monsters and has to hide from them to survive. However, there is no more sanity meter, and inventory in Machine for Pigs and puzzles are more physics-based than in The Dark Descent.
In Machine for Pigs, you play as Oswald Mandus, a first game protagonist’s descendant, and successful industrialist. He recovers after a fever which lasted for a few months after a disastrous expedition in Mexico. Not remembering anything about it, later he finds out that he build a mysterious machine in the basement of his mansion and his house is full of swine-like monsters. The player must restore Oswald’s lost memories and reveal the secret of the machine.
5. S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky
The second installment of the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. franchise is set one year before the events of Shadow of Chernobyl and serves as its prequel. You will explore the forbidden area around Chernobyl, Ukraine, after a new disaster that turned into The Zone, a post-apocalyptic wasteland full of mutants. The setting was inspired by a Russian sci-fi book Roadside Picnic and its adaptation Stalker. Scar, the main character of Clear Sky, is a stalker, which in this world is a term for guides and explorers in The Zone. He was hit by an energy beam that gave him a superhuman ability to survive The Zone’s phenomena. Scar joins the Clear Sky, a secret science organization that studies The Zone’s anomalies. Strelok, an important character from the previous game, appears as the main antagonist.
Like its predecessor, Clear Sky is a combination of first-person shooter gameplay with RPG mechanics like skills, leveling up, dialogue, and inventory. The player is free to explore the open world and accept quests unrelated to the central plot from various NPCs and factions. Compared to Shadow of Chernobyl, the prequel has improved graphics, additional options for customization and equipment repair and a complete day/night cycle.
6. Dear Esther: Landmark Edition
One of the earliest "walking simulators" made by the same team that developed Everybody’s Gone To The Rapture, Dear Esther is an art piece rather than a regular game. There's very little interactivity and zero action; you just walk around a rocky Scottish island in autumn. The major events of the plot are set in the past, and we only learn about them through the voice of the unseen narrator - the only voice in the game – who will read a certain letter from his past when he approaches a certain place. The letters slowly unfurl the mystery around him as you visit various locations on an island: the lighthouse, the cave, and others. The world of Dear Esther is far from open, and you can only follow the restricted pathways. To unlock all the achievements and find every audio clip, however, may require several walkthroughs.
The Landmark Edition is based on the Unity 5 engine and contains better graphics, minor interface improvements and a system of achievements. It also includes the creators’ commentaries that provide additional insight into their narrative intentions.
7. Salt and Sanctuary
Salt and Sanctuary is a 2D action with role-playing elements developed by Ska Studios.
Plot and art style
The game follows an unnamed protagonist who escorts princess on a sail to her marriage in the distant country. The ship gets attacked by brigands that slay the whole crew and later gets destroyed by sea giant Kraekan resulting protagonist to find himself on a mysterious island. The hero must now find a way from the island and save lost princess.
The game is notable for its hand-drawn watercolor art style with the dark and cold palette.
The gameplay is heavily inspired by From Software’s Souls series and Castlevania franchise. The game mixes traditional Metroidvania-style exploration with several game mechanics borrowed from Dark Souls. At the beginning of the game, the player chooses one of eight classes. The class affects initial equipment of the character and his starting skills. It does not, however, affect character’s stats or restrict him from acquiring any skills from the Skill Tree later in the game.
The combat relies on different types of attacks, dodging, blocking and use of various abilities and items. There are more than 600 weapons, pieces of armor, disposable items and other equipment that can be found throughout the game.
The game features local multiplayer, both cooperative and competitive.
8. Assassin's Creed III: Remastered
Relive the American Revolution or experience it for the first time in Assassin's Creed® III Remastered, with enhanced graphics and improved gameplay mechanics. Plus, Assassin's Creed® III Liberation Remastered and all solo DLC content are included.
Includes: Assassin's Creed® III Liberation and all original solo DLC, including The Tyranny of King Washington.
Enhanced graphics, now featuring 4K resolution, new character models, polished environment rendering, and more.
Gameplay mechanics have been revamped as well, improving your experience and your immersion.
Fight for freedom! As the American Colonies are about to revolt, secure liberty for your people and your nation.
9. Call of Juarez
Call of Juarez is an epic adventure western themed FPS game. The player alternately assumes the roles of two distinct, antagonistic characters: a sneaking fugitive Billy and his hunter the reverend Ray. Apart from the highly interesting, emotional and psychological aspect of the link between the two characters, the player will experience a variety of gameplay with many differences whilst playing a particular character.
The game features fast paced revolver duels using historically accurate firearms, horseback riding, mounted combat and stealth actions in memorable locations set after Western movies. Emergent gameplay based on accurate simulation of not only rigid bodies and rag-dolls but also liquids, gases, fire and smoke makes the gameplay innovative and non-linear.
- Very serious approach to the Wild West theme and detailed reconstruction of the character and visuals of that times
- The use of physics and innovative simulation of fire, liquids, dust, smokes and gases to construct emergent gameplay
- State of the art graphics making use of the top technology graphics cards features on todays cards.
- Playing 2 distinct characters with different abilities and different gameplay
- Horseback riding and saddle shooting, gunfighter duels
- Using the whip to fight, move objects and move the player's character
- Legendary weapons form the Gold Fever era and full akimbo mode for the hands on approach.
- Exhilarating storyline with full of twists and turns in this exciting Western Genre.
10. Finding Paradise
Dr. Rosalene and Dr. Watts have peculiar jobs: They give people another chance to live, all the way from the very beginning... but only in their patients' heads.
Due to the severity of the operation, the new life becomes the last thing the patients remember before drawing their last breath. Thus, the operation is only done to people on their deathbeds, to fulfill what they wish they had done with their lives, but didn’t.
Finding Paradise is the 2nd full episode of To the Moon's series. It follows the life of the doctors' new patient, Colin, as they attempt to unravel a life that is split down the middle, and fulfill a wish that appears to be self-contradictory by nature.
*Like To the Moon, this is a standalone full game that does not require having played any previous games in the series.
From the studio that brought you Dreamfall Chapters, and the creative team behind The Longest Journey and The Secret World, comes a first-person psychological mystery set in 1920s Norway.
The year is 1923. You play Edward Charles Harden, an American traveller who's come to Norway to find his missing sister. But you're not alone: at every step of the way, Edward's accompanied by his ward, Lissie; a gregarious, independent and enigmatic young woman. Together, you must explore this scenic coastal community — nestled amongst the fjords and mountains of rural Norway — in your search for Edward's sister, and unearth the darkness that lies beneath the picturesque surface.
12. Ravensword: Shadowlands
Ravenswood: Shadowlands is the second installment in the Ravenswood series and the sequel to Ravensword: The Fallen King. It is an open-world fantasy game reminiscent of Gothic and The Elder Scrolls series. It was one of the first notable RPGs designed for iOS, although the game is also available on other platforms.
The story is set in a medieval fantasy world of Tyreas and follows a customizable protagonist. At the beginning of the game, he or she fights in the Battle of Heronmar against the dark elves and trolls. An earthquake erupts, killing all combatants except the player's character. The protagonist awakes in the city of Aven, revived by the local healers. Eventually, the protagonist meets Archmage, who sends him or her on a quest of the worldwide importance. The character has to gather artifacts called Ravenstones to open the gate to Shadowlands, the world of demons. There, the protagonist will have to kill the demon king.
The player controls his or her character from the third person view in a 3D environment. The world of Ravenswood is open for exploration. The player can accept side quests or even go hunting to gather food and experience. When the character levels up, the player can use experience points to improve the protagonist's skills and attributes. The character can also learn some of the skills by repeating them. There are no character classes, and the character can become a warrior and a magician at the same time.
13. Sniper: Ghost Warrior
Sniper: Ghost Warrior is the second game in Sniper series of tactical shooters with sniping simulation. It is the first game subtitled Ghost Warrior and a spiritual sequel to Sniper: Art of Victory.
The game is set in Latin America, in the deep jungle of a fictional island state Isla Trueno. An enemy power has recently overthrown the local pro-American government. The player assumes control over the US special forces agents and Truenian rebels who fight against the new regime. In Sniper: Ghost Warrior, the player assumes the roles of several main characters, among them a US soldier Tyler Wells who performs sniping and stealth operations, and a local rebel El Tejon who is most useful in open combat.
There are several types of missions in the game. Some of them emphasize stealth action and marksmanship, while others involve direct firefight. Besides a variety of sniper rifles, the characters can use other silent weapons, such as knives and silenced handguns.
The game has a quasi-realistic model of bullet ballistics. The player has to take into account the distance to the target and the bullet's flight time. The wind and the shooter's physical condition also influence the accuracy. In lower difficulty levels, the player can use the system that indicates the designated target and the place of the actual hit.
Greenwood high school, located in a remote mountainous area, two students found themselves trapped and vulnerable. The place they once knew has changed in unsettling ways, haunted by evil creatures. To escape, they must explore the mysterious campus filled with ominous objects and puzzles. How will they survive in this ever threatening environment? Could they return to safety in one piece?
Set in a fictitious world in the 1960s Taiwan under martial law, Detention, the story-driven atmospheric horror incorporated East Asian elements rarely used in games. Taoism, Buddhism, Chinese mythology, the game draws on local Taiwanese cultural references to tell an unique and terrifying story.
In this 2D atmospheric horror side-scroller, players navigate the main characters in a classic point and click fashion to explore a high school where evil encroaches. While hiding from the rampaging monsters, you are to find items to interact with in the otherworldly rooms. And as more mysteries unveiled, the dark past of a cursed school will finally surface.
2D atmospheric horror with spine-chilling atmosphere.
Immersive gameplay and puzzle solving experience
Unique Taiwanese/Eastern cultural references.
Original sound tracks, fusing Electronic, Lo-Fi, and Rock with traditional Asian instruments.
Unique and appealing graphics.
Multiple language support. (Including English, Chinese)
Mac, Windows and Linux support
15. Ghost of a Tale
Ghost of a tale is developed by a very small team. Lionel "Seith" Gallat does 90% of the art, design and coding. Paul Gardner is the game's writer and an experienced game designer. Cyrille Paulhiac does coding and develops tools. Jeremiah Pena is the game's composer, while Nicolas Titeux is responsible for sound design.
16. The Age of Decadence
The Age of Decadence, our first but hopefully not the last RPG, is now available. If you've been following it or playing it in Early Access, you know what to expect. If you've just discovered it, "stay awhile and listen". The most commonly asked question is:What Kind of Game Is It?
It’s a very different game than anything you’ve ever played. I’m sure you’ve noticed that the RPG genre hasn’t really been explored yet and most RPGs follow the formula that didn’t change in 20 years. While there were always games that strayed off the beaten path – Darklands, Planescape: Torment, King of Dragon Pass – such games were the exceptions that only reinforced the rule.
The Age of Decadence is an experiment, an attempt to explore a different direction, taking you back to the PnP roots of the genre. It doesn’t mean that the game is awesome. In fact, there is a good chance that you won’t like it, precisely because we took too many liberties with the established design.
So What Sets The Age of Decadence Apart From Other Games?1. The Setup
Traditionally, many fantasy RPGs are about killing things, clearing up dungeons, and being a hero. There is nothing wrong with mindless fun and wish fulfillment, but we want to offer you something different. To quote Tom Chick (Quarter to Three's game critic):
"But Age of Decadence wants nothing to do with kobolds, just as it wants nothing to do with Doo-dads of Unimaginable Power. The overarching idea is a crumbling society divided among three noble Houses, each fumbling around in its own version of darkness to comprehend what destroyed the world. That’s the central mystery. It plays out like noir in that you are the detective, piecing together what really happened from differing accounts, all vividly written with clear voices and efficient prose. And like a detective in a noir yarn, you can’t help but become part of the central mystery, effecting an outcome you might not have intended."
The Age of Decadence is not a game about killing monsters or exploring mystical lands, but rather, surviving amid the greed and brutality of your fellow humans and carving out a name for yourself. Good and bad are purely relative. It’s a world of scheming and backstabbing in which your words and actions have the potential to forge alliances and sow discord, and your path is never certain.
You get to play with seven different factions: three Noble Houses and four 'professional' guilds: merchants, assassins, thieves, and the army, all fighting for power or influence; over 100 named characters, over 750 ‘generic’ characters with unique IDs taking part in violent take-overs, assassinations, and power grabs, and over 600,000 words of dialogue: a well-developed and thought through world, believable characters, realistic motivations, but no elves, dwarves, magic, and wizards in fashionable, pointy hats.2. Combat difficulty
Another design aspect worth mentioning is combat difficulty. It’s a hard game.
Combat difficulty is integrated into the setting. You can’t say that the world is harsh and unforgiving and then let the player kill everyone who looks at him or her funny. The game has to be hard, dying should be easy, and you should have reasons to pick your fights.
You aren’t a powerful hero who can defeat anyone and save the world and it is the difficulty that reinforces this notion. Make the game easier and we’re back to the powerful hero setup. So unless you’re a natural born killer, watch what you say and think before you act or you’ll end up dead before you can blink.3. Choices & Consequences
Choices are what the game is all about - crafting your own narrative via a variety of choices that alter the story, playing field, and your options down the road. From multiple quest solutions to branching questlines you'll have plenty decisions to make and consequences of said decisions to deal with, which is what makes the game incredibly replayable.
Starting the game as a mercenary and joining the Imperial Guards will give a completely different experience, different quests, different content and points of view than, say, playing the game as a merchant (less buying low and selling high, more scheming and plotting to gain advantages for the guild), a praetor serving a Noble House, or an assassin.
The questlines are interwoven, forming a large, overarching story, so playing the game only once will be like witnessing events from a single perspective, which is limited by default. You will have to play the game several times to better understand what’s going on, piece everything together, and see the full effect of the choices you make.The Big Question: Should You Buy The Game?
Try before you buy. Even if everything I said sounds exactly like your kind of game, try the demo first. That’s what it’s there for. It gives you access to the first Chapter, consisting of 3 locations and about 30 quests split between mutually exclusive questlines and decisions.
17. Sir, You Are Being Hunted
Known also under the alternative name “Madam, you are being hunted”, the game is a mixture of survival horror and the open world exploration. The game has a singleplayer mode, where players alone try to escape from the robots and do the same together with friends in the multiplayer mode. All actions are performed from the first person perspective.
Players need to escape from Hunters, robots dressed like victorian-age gentlemen and their assistants: robodogs or worse. Robots must find and kill all players to get out of the island on which the action of the game unfolds. The landscape of the island is different during each playthrough - procedurally generated mechanics help to do so: the game engine chooses from five main themes - from the countryside to industrial areas.
Players need to look for food and weapons to survive, besides, to spare parts for transport. The latter serves as the only way out of the island. Most of the game process is within the genre of stealth, so do not expect dazzling action from this game.
18. Heat Signature
Fly around a procedurally generated galaxy in a tiny defenceless ship, cut your thrusters to cruise past heat sensors, dock with an enemy ship's airlock, and sneak inside. Once you're in, you creep through their corridors, ambushing guards, hiding bodies, stealing new weapons, blowing them up from the inside, or hijacking their turrets and even the whole ship.
- Zoom smoothly from a view of the whole galaxy down to your character sneaking up on guards inside the spaceship you're boarding.
- All seamless: the ship you're on continues to fly around the galaxy as you sneak about inside, even as it gets into ship battles.
- Full modular destruction of every spaceship: shoot a fuel barrel to blow up the room and be flung into space by the vacuum. Rip ships in half, destroy secure rooms to form new entrances to dock at.
- Procedurally generated, from the shape of the galaxy, the trade routes between empires, the shape of every ship, and even the layout of the corridors inside.
- Be a bounty hunter, an assassin, a saboteur, or a hijacker. Earn money from your missions to buy better kit. That kind of thing.
- Lovely spacey music.
theHunter is a hunter simulation game developed by Expansive Worlds. It is a part of theHunter simulation series and serves as a reboot of the whole series.
No plot whatsoever is present in the game. At the beginning of the game, the players create their own character and complete a tutorial. After that, the players are put into an immersive open world where they can either hunt any animal they find or activate missions, the completion of which grants the players some amount of the in-game currency.
The game's world is resembled by an immense island that features the surroundings of Washington, United States; Australia; France. The game can be played freely, yet only five species are present in its free-to-play version.
While hunting, it is essential for the players to use cover to avoid getting detected by their prey. Each animal has its own specific reaction to the changes in the game's world. Some animals do not sense smells as well as the others, so the players can get to the prey much closer. It is also essential to take the sound you make into account, as it may scare the animal you hunt away.
For hunting several species, it is required to use a specific weapon. The players are free to use bows on any animal they can find in the world, while the game's firearms' calibers have to be carefully picked out by the players, based on the animal.
20. Life is Feudal: Your Own
Life is Feudal: Your Own is a truly hardcore sandbox RPG with captivating survival aspects. Described as a real life Medieval simulator, which caters for up to 64 players on a 3km x 3km gameworld, any and all paths are an option.
Included in your purchase, all Life is Feudal:YO owners will receive one character to gain full access to Life is Feudal:MMO open beta tests and release.
LiF:YO places you in a realistic feudal setting with the ability to host your own private world and set your own rules to suit your playstyle. There’s an in depth crafting system, a range of building features, and free terraforming across the map - meaning you can build your own house anywhere in the world. Team up with your friends and build a village or city and repel attacks by other players who want to ransack your lands!
The unique combat system is non-target and physics-based; the direction of your attack depends on mouse movement. Basic movements and directional attacks can be combined to create deadly combos with special harmful effects. Battle formations are also a new way to collaborate and control the situation on the battlefield with your fighting team. Co-operation and a good strategy within a formation will help you prevail against the enemy.
Everything is tweakable and unique to you, including how your character progresses. The skill and stat cap system allows you to design a character molded to fit your style perfectly, for example. Even alchemy is unique; all recipes are randomized for each character thus the only way to learn is by experimentation.FeaturesUnique Features:
- Free Terraforming & Tunnel Building. 100% free terraforming and tunnel building means you can dig tunnels, mines and moats and expand them in all dimensions barely without limit! You can raise and lower ground levels with a landfall effect. Substances include soil, rock, granite, ore veins, clay, sand, and much more
- Battle Formation System. Strategize for massive battles and provide your units with certain bonuses with the formation system. Keep organised and inside the formation shape to continue to reap the benefits
- Unique Alchemy Combinations. There are over 40,000,000 alchemy combinations unique to each player! You need to learn, experiment and create your very own unique combinations. Complementing the hardcore feel of the game, alchemy is not simply a matter of character skill as it strongly emphasises spending time and resources on creating good recipes and combinations
- Full Seasonal Weather System. Much like in real life, LiF features seasonal weather that directly affects your life in this feudal world
- Complex Food & Cooking System. Cooking is no longer a secondary or non-existent skill. Being a good cook who knows many complex and tasty recipes means that you and your friends will be better fed and will receive skill bonuses
- Realistic Player Damage System. Based on human anatomy, with fractures and bleeding wounds, you can create unique and deadly combat tactics
- Double Health & Stamina Bars. Double health and stamina bars represent better information about the status of your body. Players can be knocked unconscious or killed. They can also be temporarily out of breath or totally exhausted
GRAV is an indie action sandbox exploration title developed by BitMonster, Inc.
The game does not feature any plot whatsoever. The players start the game by creating their own character, after which they are put onto a procedurally generated planet. The in-game worlds are highly dependent on environmental events.
The game does not have any objectives, as the developers focused on creating a true sandbox experience. The players are given the opportunities to do whatever they like. Using these opportunities, the players can create their own stories and even characters to role play.
The game features a sophisticated crafting system. Anything the player finds or kills can be used as a crafting material. There is no need to know the recipe, as they are suggested to the players by the game itself. Anything can be crafted, from armor and weapons to vehicles and buildings. GRAV features an advanced building system, which allows the players to use a basic base they are spawned next to as a starting point to expand on and build massive cities.
The players can come into the game's dungeons, which are also procedurally generated, where they can find new crafting materials, weapons, or even vehicles.
The game supports up to 64 players per server. The players can create alliances between themselves or engage in an all-out war. The game is highly moddable, and a number of community created mods are up and running on several game servers.
22. Tower of Time
Tower of Time is a new take on classic RPGs. It has hand-crafted levels filled with various enemies, challenging puzzles, and engaging story-lines. Its dynamic real-time combat with slow mode requires tactical awareness and careful preparation of the party.
At the moment the content is for approximately 15 hours of game-play time on normal or lower difficulty, excluding optional battle challenges.Before you buy:If you are looking for a game that is trying to bring something new to RPG genre - Tower of Time is an attempt at just that. If you are not sure if you like the combat we implemented - before you buy - please check some YT clips or visit our YT channel, where we uploaded the combat gameplay recorded and commented by an actual player. This is not a turn-based combat, rather a combination of RPG and RTS on a small scale, where you have the ability to slow time at will.
On Hard difficulty the game is meant to be hard, requiring your undivided attention throughout the entire combat encounter.
On Epic difficulty - there is only one party/skill/item composition for each enemy/boss type that we know of - one mistake will likely wipe your party. You must be in full control of the battle every second. Experimentation and thinking outside-of-the-box will ensure your success here.Features:
- Engaging story – set in a world where technology met magic with devastating consequences. Hundreds of lore books and scattered pieces of information slowly reveal the history of Artara as the protagonist approaches his fate.
- Novel combat system – unique real-time action with a slow-time feature, where each match is played on one of many separate tactical maps. Plan ahead and position your party accordingly. Use slow-time to react to new threats or negate enemy skills. No two encounters are ever the same.
- Five difficulty levels: You can choose whether you want only to enjoy the story or test your tactical thinking and skills.
- Build your party around typical tank/dps/support composition or try something entirely new.
- Different combat scenarios - e.g. Swarm or Only Elite - will ensure that combat is not repetitive.
- Find secret locations, cleverly hidden in the environment. Travel through hand-crafted levels where every single place is carefully designed.
- Seven classes to choose from, and your party can be adjusted at will and anytime, depending on the challenges you face. Each champion has unique skills that can be upgraded and re-trained at will. (In Early Access six champions are available, as the seventh joins your party at lower levels).
- New character progression system: there is no experience to gain. Instead, discover ancient knowledge to unlock new skills and carefully design your characters. Each character could be turned into a powerful and durable attacker or a skill-based champion.
- Defeat powerful elite enemies (bosses) wielding diverse skills and spells. Assess their strengths and weaknesses carefully to succeed.
- Complete combat challenges for item rewards and unique enchanting recipes, or just to test your new party setup.
- Random loot system. Craft item of your choice and power, using crafting crystals of various types. Discover ancient enchanting recipes that can change the nature of the combat, granting regeneration aura or immunity to special effects.
- Upgrade your city as the main training/equipment hub and repository of all the lore you find.
As a young boy, you came upon the base of an immense Tower, uncovered by yet another violent earthquake. Deep below sleeps an ancient power. Since that day, you have been drawn inexorably to this place. Your task is to lead a group of champions and reach whatever resides in the depths of the Tower. There you will face the ultimate choice…
23. SpellForce 3
SpellForce 3 - The perfect blend between RTS and RPG!
SpellForce 3 goes back to the roots of the SpellForce saga. The story takes place before the acclaimed SpellForce: The Order of Dawn and the players becomes a part of a rich high fantasy world named Eo.Features:
- RTS/RPG Mix: Unique gameplay combining RTS and Top Down RPG genres
- Create & Customize: Create your own hero and develop his skillset as you prefer!
- Build to Fight: Build your own army and fight epic mass battles with it.
- Epic Storyline: Unravel a deep and epic story in the SpellForce universe that doesnt require having played any of the former SpellForce games. Fans will still find a lot of interesting connections.
- Rich universe & lore: Explore the world Eo and discover intrigues, secrets and a lot of loot for your hero.
- Apply some tactics: Use advance tactics with your RTS army to defeat your enemies
- Play on your own: Long Single Player Campaign of 30+ hours
- Multiplayer: Strong multiplayer component with various modes - Play cooperatively or compete against each other
24. The Solus Project
The Solus Project is the brainchild of Sjoerd "Hourences" De Jong. As a one-man army he crafted the vision for the game and a large part of the game's looks. Sjoerd has over 12 years of experience in the industry and has worked for a range of large and small studios such as Starbreeze, Epic Games, Guerrilla Games, Digital Extremes, and many more.
The game has been in production since July 2013, and has a team of 5 to 10 people working on it.
Teotl is a small indie studio that was founded in 2010 and is located in Sweden. It released The Ball on PC in 2010 and followed up with Unmechanical Unmechanical on PC and iOS/Android in 2012.
The studio focuses on creating high quality and immersive single player experiences. The Ball won the PC Gamer USA Action / Adventure Game of the Year 2010 award.
Grip Digital is a privately owned developer and publisher of games for consoles and high-end portable devices, based in Prague, Czech Republic. The company was started by industry veterans who worked on games across all major platforms. Grip Games is working with the top independent developers to bring their games to console platforms.
25. The Fidelio Incident
In 2014, God of War 3 Art Director Ken Feldman was inspired to start a side project that turned into a narrative thriller video game. With help from talented friends Brandon Popovich and Christopher Davis, this is the game we created. We took no money, created Act 3 Games as our indie video game company and are self publishing on Steam. We are very proud of the accomplishment and hope you enjoy the ride.
The Fidelio Incident is a single-player, first-person thriller set off the coast of Iceland. After a violent plane crash, Stanley must search a desolate frozen island in search of his wife Leonore while covering up any traces of their bloody Irish past. Rescue help is on the way, the past must remain hidden. "They can't find out who we are!"
Inspirations include Dear Esther, Gone Home and Firewatch as well as dark character dramas like Homeland, Lost, and The Americans.
The Fidelio Incident was also inspired by Beethoven's only opera, Fidelio. We use the opera's premise as inspiration for the backstory, then re-imagined it for a modern setting.
Michael Krikorian's score composes over 40 minutes of original music. He incorporates themes from Fidelio's overture and transforms them to fit the mood and atmosphere of the game. The score expands the emotional depth of the narrative while complementing the atmosphere of the island.
Stanley is played by Glenn Keogh, known for his roles in Transformers Age of Extinction, Once Upon A Time, and Sons of Anarchy. Glenn was born in Ireland. After reading the script, he signed on with the goal of bringing authenticity to Stanley's character. We think he did a great job, and hope you agree!
Leonore is played by Bess Harrison, whose credits include The Temple and Memory, for Amazon Studios. Bess is described by Glenn as having a sweetheart voice you can't help but fall in love with.The Game Runs On Unreal Engine 4.
Miasmata is a first-person survival/adventure game, developed from the ground-up by brothers Joe and Bob Johnson. You play as Robert Hughes, a plague-stricken scientist on a journey to discover a cure. Your adventure begins on the shores of a remote and mysterious island. Long ago, the island was inhabited by a group of indigenous people, whose extant monuments still decorate the island landscape. The island is now home to a scientific research outpost and it is your hope to reunite with your colleagues working there. Unfortunately, you'll soon discover that something has gone terribly wrong.
During your adventure, you will encounter a mysterious and deadly creature. This creature can stalk you for miles, lurking behind grasses and vegetative cover. By treading carefully and with stealth, you may be able to elude the creature. If you are careless, however, you will be forced to confront the creature head-on.Key Features
- Experience: An engine built from the ground up, featuring voxel-based volumetric clouds, advanced water reflection and refraction, volumetric light-shafts and atmospheric scattering simulations.
- Explore: A lush and incredibly detailed natural world. The island landscape is covered by forests with lush canopies. The terrain surfaces are blanketed by tufts of moss and grass. The forest floors have thick undergrowth and are littered with fallen leaves, rotting logs, stumps and sticks.
- Discover: Dozens of camps, outposts and ruins. Find maps, notes and clues that lead you on your adventure.
- Survive: A deadly world. Discover plants and fungi and synthesize them into life-saving medicines. Find water and shelter to stave off fever, dehydration and exhaustion. Use stealth and cunning to escape the deadly creature.
- Create: A map of the island using an innovative cartography mechanic. Use a true-to-life triangulation system to pinpoint your location on the island and construct a map of the its boundaries, contours and landmarks.
27. Green Hell
GREEN HELL is an Open World Survival Simulator set in the uncharted unique setting of the Amazonian rainforest.
You are left alone in the jungle without any food or equipment, trying to survive and find your way out. Clinging to life, the player is set on a journey of durability as the effects of solitude wear heavy not only on the body but also the mind. How long can you survive against the dangers of the unknown?
On this journey, you won’t get any help from the outside world. Equipped only with your bare hands you’ll have to learn actual survival techniques to build shelters, make tools, and craft weapons in order to hunt and defend yourself. Constantly threatened by the jungle you’ll fight with both wild animals and tropical sicknesses. Players will also have to face the traps set by your own mind and fears that crawl in the darkness of the endless jungle.
You are thrown deep into the emerald and impenetrable Amazonian rain forest. The green hell. Your goal is to survive in the depths of a nightmarish environment using truly intuitive means to escape. Having only a radio at your disposal you will follow the familiar voice of a loved one through this endless and inhospitable jungle, unveiling bit by bit how you got there in the first place. What you discover will be worse than what you fought so hard against to survive.
Where can the human mind wander?
REALISTIC SURVIVAL SIM
• Use of true survival techniques (including starting fires, camp building, animal traps construction)
• Sourcing and composing objects allowing survival (including weapons and tools)
• Food sourcing (hunting, cropping)
• Wound, disease and other injuries treatment, depending on the situation
Green Hell's story emphasizes psychological aspects of survival in extreme conditions. The player faces a ruthless situation, isolated, and fighting to survive another day. The players battle will not only be against the environment as you fight to keep your sanity. Will you succeed or fall into the depths of your mind? To unveil the truth the player will have to fight the hardest battle they will ever fight - the fight against themselves, their weaknesses and fears.
AMAZONIAN RAINFOREST SETTING
Amazonian rainforest is the richest natural environment in the world. Exotically breathtaking, spectacular, multicolored, full of tones and sounds but mortal, deadly, uncompromising for the ignorant.
• Part of the Amazonian rainforest as a map of the world for the setting
• The richness of plants and multitude of animal species (mammals, reptiles, birds, and insects)
• Simulation of animals natural occurrence and behavior
• Dynamically changing environment due to the weather
Survival in such extreme conditions requires willpower - without it we are sentenced only to madness and death. In green Hell, your wellbeing, both physical and psychological, are strictly related. Body inspection mode allows the player to diagnose themselves and heal their body. In this mode, we can also remove all kinds of parasites that decided to make a home out of your body.
Psychophysical parameters of the player include:
• psychological condition
• physical condition
• Setting: deadly yet beautiful Amazonian rainforest
• Body inspection mode
• A multitude of fauna and flora and the dangers awaiting the player
• Environment and situation impact on the player’s psychology
• Impact of environment changes to the ecosystem
• An addictive story
• Dynamically changing environment
28. Mortal Online
Experience true open-world freedom in Mortal Online - a unique first-person, medieval fantasy, massively multiplayer online role-playing game.Choose your path!
- Choose from many different races, decide your own style of play and whether to focus on PvP or PvE, both sharing the same game world.
- Choose a profession and devote your life to combat, crafting, magic, trading...
- Discover countless skills, resources and tools, master a few or dabble in them all, or be the first to explore new areas to find hidden treasures and unique secrets.
Danger is everywhere, safety must be earned. Learn to master real-time, aim-based combat where you decide every move your character makes, and where your skills really matter.Not quite like any other MMORPG...
- There are no character levels, only skill levels.
- There are no PvP zones, only a single open and realistic world where you are free to choose your own path.
- There are no separate server regions, every player inhabits the same huge world.
- Build your own house, or create a guild with your friends to build a keep.
- Expand even more, build a whole city and surround it with defensive walls, or band together to siege and conquer your enemies' fortresses!
- With enough power, violence or diplomacy, you and your allies will be able to rule an entire nation.
The possibilities are endless!Unlimited free trial!Mortal Online offers a free-to-play mode with a skill cap at skill level 60. In order to unlock the maximum skill levels and fully master your Mortal destiny, a paid monthly subscription is needed, but unlike many other games there are no microtransactions. Unsubscribing will re-apply the skill cap, but your skills will be maxed again when you re-subscribe. Every player gets one free character slot, and you can purchase additional slots up to a maximum of four.Feature list
- Taming and mount breeding
- Player Housing and City Building
- Territory control system
- 500+ skills to master
- Mounted combat
- Several in-depth crafting systems with millions of combinations
- Mining and woodcutting
- Publish your own books
- Armor dyeing
- Social skills such as bribing and persuasion
- Auction houses
- And much more!
29. Medieval Engineers
The game is inspired by real medieval technology and the way people built architectural works and mechanical equipment using medieval technology. Medieval Engineers strives to follow the laws of physics and history and doesn't use any technologies that were not available in the 5th to 15th centuries.
Medieval Engineers concentrates on construction aspects, but can be played as an action game too. We expect players to avoid engaging in direct man-to-man combat and instead use their creativity and engineering skills to build war machines and fortifications. Medieval Engineers shouldn’t be about troops; it should be about the machinery you build.
Medieval Engineers is the second “engineering” game developed by Keen Software House. The first one is Space Engineers, which sold over 2 million copies in its first year and is still a bestseller.Early Access Features
- BUILDING WITH STRUCTURAL INTEGRITY AND DESTRUCTION
Medieval Engineers is all about building and the options are unlimited. Build anything from houses and castles to wagons and catapults.
- FULLY INTERACTABLE WORLD
Change, pick up and interact with everything includes plants, bushes, trees, animals, and the ground itself. Everything is interactable and destructible!
- VOXEL TERRAFORMING
Make the ground into any shape you want. Use a pickaxe to dig and mine in the ground or use the special voxel tools to reshape the land.
- LIMITLESS EXPLORATION
Play in a volumetric open world environment and explore a whole planet. Find valuable defensible areas or go to battle alongside your allies to take enemy lands and secure resources. The planet is full life including trees, plants, animals, and savage barbarian warriors.
- INTEGRITY AND DESTRUCTION
Build with structural integrity. Make buildings too tall and they will collapse! Design your structures carefully keeping in mind the differences between wood and stone. Use Structural Integrity View to find weak points in real-time. When the supports fail buildings come crashing down in glorious real-time destruction!
More to be added later
Please be sure to read the list of current features before you buy the game. It will give you an insight on what is or isn't actually working: http://www.medievalengineers.com/featuresPerformance NotesMedieval Engineers is in development and undergoing frequent optimizations. The performance will get better. The performance depends on the complexity of your world and the configuration of your computer. Simple worlds run smoothly even on low-end computers, but a more complex world with rich object interactions could overload even high-end computers.
Minimum requirements represent the bare minimum to run simple scenes and don’t guarantee a perfect experience.
30. Sea Dogs: To Each His Own
1654 AC. The Caribbean. A place of opportunities and mysteries. Take a role of Charles de Maure - a young French noble who arrived to the New World to assist his brother. What seemed to be a simple family matter, turned into a lifelong adventure. This is a story of the noble idler who became the most powerful man of the Caribbean. Riches, titles, power, romance - the ultimate booty awaits, it is up to you how to get it all. Become a pirate and terrorize the archipelago, take prizes in the sea and plunder cities. Or try to keep hands mostly clean - trade both goods and information, work for the state and help the folk. Get a ship, arm yourself, gather a crew of your dream and find love. The New World is way too vast, too dangerous to explore it alone and there are always consequences for the choices you make!
- Naval warfare, both challenging and rewarding
- Self-reliant and replayable story mode (over 70 hours of gameplay)
- Remastered in-game art and improved visuals (textures, models etc.)
- Challenging AI, crafting, trading, fighting, gambling
- Freeplay mode, endless as an ocean
- Hundreds of items and weapons
Categories in common with Sea Dogs: To Each His Own: Role Playing
31. Montague's Mount
Montague's Mount is disturbing psychological thriller set in the bleakness of an abandoned Irish island, featuring exploration and challenging puzzle solving. This game is part one of a two part story, some questions are left unanswered and open to interpretation. To thank our fans for our successful Greenlight campaign, we have added new voiceovers, clues and storylines, and also made the Oculus Rift demo available.
The mixture of cold Atlantic water and coarse sand in your mouth brings you back from unconsciousness. Surrounded by the wreckage of a boat’s hull, you can only draw one conclusion: your vessel has been torn apart by the submerged rocks. The secrets of the island must be uncovered if you are ever going to find a way to escape. Where is everyone; is the island really uninhabited; and what is lurking within the isolated caves?
- New hints, storylines and voiceovers.
- Desolate yet beautiful environments to explore.
- Challenging puzzles to solve.
- Secrets and collectibles hidden across the island.
- Voice narration by Derek Riddell (Ugly Betty, Frankie, No Angels and more).
- Oculus Rift demo. (Windows only)
- First game to promote the Irish language (Gaeilge).
- Full language support for English, French, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, Polish and Russian.
32. RAID: World War II
The RAID: World War II Closed BETA is happening right now! Pre-order the RAID: World War II Special Edition to unlock.
Please note: Closed BETA is unavailable in Germany due to censorship laws.
RAID: World War II is an action-packed four player cooperative shooter set in Europe during World War II, where you and your friends aims to thwart the Nazi onslaught. Four prisoners of war – Sterling, Rivet, Kurgan and Wolfgang have been freed by “Mrs. White,” a secret British Intelligence Operative, who needs someone to take down Hitler and his Third Reich once and for all. Their objective is to fight the war - without rules or mercy. Their reward is all the Nazi gold they can carry.
JOHN CLEESE - Comedy legend John Cleese plays Control - a British Intelligence Agent working for Mrs. White. His job is to make sure that you have plenty of Nazis to fight and lots of gold to steal.
RAID: World War II is all about teamwork and strategy during intense firefights filled with adrenaline. In RAID: World War II, you are fighting the enemy from within. You are up against tough odds, but with enough fire power, determination and recklessness anything is possible. Fight the good fight, but fight dirty.Key Features
- CLASSES - Players can choose from four different classes: Recon, Assault, Insurgent, or Demolitions. Each class has their own highly developed Skill Tree, allowing for various play styles.
- WAR CRIES - Each class has its own War Cry - a powerful ability that can be unleashed to buff yourself or the entire team. For example, if a player activates the War Cry BERSERK, players won’t consume ammo for a limited time - so they’re free to blast away.
- CHARACTER CUSTOMIZATION - Our four heroes are drawn from the main combatants in the European theatre of World War II - Great Britain, USA, Germany and the Soviet Union. Each character has their own look with fully customizable uniforms making you stand out on the battlefield.
- WEAPON MODIFICATIONS - World War II saw the dawn of a whole lot of new weapons. RAID: World War II allows players to play around with these weapons, upgrade and customize their look and feel with authentic weapon modifications. Players can choose between barrels, stocks, fore grips, optic sights and much more allowing for a vast range of different play styles.
- OPERATIONS - RAID: World War II offers players the chance to play through extended adventures by undertaking special missions called Operations. Operations is a chained series of highly-modified Raids, featuring new storylines, including content and challenging objectives. The risks are greater, but so are the rewards!
- CHALLENGE CARDS - RAID: World War II introducers a new feature where players can earn and spend special Challenge Cards. These let players customize the “rules” of a Raid in a buff-debuff way. For example, a Challenge Card might make it so that enemy ammo drops will increase, but at the expense of enemies doing greater damage. Every Challenge Card is different and it’s up to you to find your favorite.
- LOCATIONS - RAID: World War II takes place in historic locations across war-torn Europe. From the mighty Flakturm dominating the heart of Berlin, to the idyllic Bridge over the river Elbe, players will be bringing destruction to Nazis in every corner of Hitler’s Reich.
- A special version of the in-game car Apple Red Kübelwagen.
- RAID: World War II Base game.
- A RAID: World War II comic book available in-game and as a PDF.
- A decorative bomb for the camp.
- Original soundtrack and the melee weapon “marching mace”.
- A special melee weapon “The Admiral’s Dagger”.
- Four exclusive special edition jackets.
- RAID: World War II Digital Art Book.
- Four exclusive RAID: World War II wallpapers.
- PAYDAY 2: Ultimate Edition. (if you have PAYDAY 2, it will be updated to PAYDAY 2 Ultimate Edition).
Join the Steam group and get additional content
By joining the group, you will receive additional content for free!
- 100 Gold bars
- 1 in-game Jacket for one of the four characters
- PAYDAY 2 in-game melee weapon: “Knuckle Dagger”
- Steam Character Avatars
33. They Breathe
CAN YOU SEE IT?
In the first game by The Working Parts, a lone frog descends into the depths of a flooded forest, not yet knowing the full extent of its tragedy. To survive in a brutal, oxygen-obsessed ecosystem, you must help it see the patterns and hidden truths that make up the rules of the forest - horrible as they may be.
They Breathe is a critically acclaimed indie gem risen from the depths of Xbox Live Indie Games. In thirty short minutes, the game leaves it up to you to figure out every part of its increasingly bizarre universe, in order to survive the onslaught of unexpected creatures and ultimately comprehend their true nature. No matter how your descent to the bottom of the forest takes shape, it is guaranteed to give you the chills without a single word of dialog.
Keep your eyes open, for there is darkness beneath the surface. And you're not at the bottom yet.
- Surreal atmosphere
- No hand-holding
- Hand-drawn HD art
- A story told through gameplay
- ''Making of'' feature
What people say
- This game is only 2$, but I feel like this experience is scarring me for life - Markiplier
- "The scariest game on earth" - GameGrumps
- "I approached They Breathe as a game, but it ended as an experience" - Whatsyourtagblog.com
- ''They Breathe is deceptively creepy [...] disturbing in all the right ways'' - Destructoid
- ''Some games evoke such a strange feeling that you can't help but be sucked in. They Breathe is one of those games.'' - XBLIG Silver Award, NeoGAF
- ''The atmosphere that The Working Parts has managed to create is praiseworthy.'' - Indiegamemag.com
- ''a journey of discovery that is both rewarding and surprisingly horrifying'' - Plus10Damage
34. Lust for Darkness
Jonathan Moon receives a letter from his wife who has gone missing a year before. Following information from the message he heads for a secluded mansion where an eldritch, occult ceremony takes place.
Gates to another world - the profane, perverse land of Lusst’ghaa are opened.
Move in both a victorian mansion and Lusst’ghaa - an alien dimension filled with otherworldly creatures. Lusst’ghaa used to be similar to our earth until the local beings decided to undergo total degeneration at their own wish. Through experiments they transformed their bodies so that they could never cease to experience carnal delights. Hundreds of years have passed since that metamorphosis and Lusst’ghaa is now a land overgrown with alien vegetation and full of monstrosities squirming in a never ending ecstasy.
- Using portals to traverse between two alternative realities
- Exploring a victorian mansion and the world of Lusst’ghaa
- Searching for hidden items to unlock side stories find out more about the game’s backstory
- Escaping the creatures of Lusst’ghaa
- World design inspired with paintings of Zdzisław Beksiński
- BDSM and occult themes
- Original soundtrack by a known composer (Draco Nared)
35. Survival: Postapocalypse Now
You - a man who has lost everything. Literally. Your life, your home, your memory. Opening your eyes you find yourself knee-deep in snow in the middle of the forest. What happened? Who are you and where are you? - Unknown. You only know that you are not alone here. Have you heard the saying - "Man to man - the wolf!"? Now it works! And it works damn good! Do you want to survive? - A few have managed to survive with their bare hands. Arm yourself and set your way. What happened to the world around, and why world died - it is possible to find out the reason, but whether it is...is it the main issue today, eh?
-Siberia is severe. Siberia is cold and does not give life to the weak. Do you want to survive? - Be stronger of that lad running with a riflein your direction.
-Your Home is now here. But in the view of all your home will quickly become tempting prey. Erect your new home, strengthen and protect it.
-Nothing is eternal. And your weapon - perhaps the most loyal friend in this world. Take care of it, darn it, and it will serve you well.
-Hand in hand. If you feel that you do not need anyone - be on your way. You're cool. But in most cases people do not survive here bein all alone. A group of two people has the power and there will always be someone who will covered your back.
-You - human. A human needs to eat, drink, dress...if you don't want Siberia to took you forever. Whatever happens, whatever disaster has occurred, people were going in a hurry, and a lot of useful stuff left around. You have just to look around.
-And Again: you - the human. You're not made of steel and kilometers on your feet will not be easy to overcome. Why not use one of those cars that were left by hurrying people? All you need is to find some fuel, some battery, and something, than you would use to ignite the engine.
Currently we are working on porting game on Unity 5. This will allow us to fix most (and perhaps all) of the bugs and flaws. It will let us to make the game visually more "tasty". At the moment, the updated version of the game is in the alpha testing stage. The development team updates the Alpha test branch as often as it is possible. Thanks to you and your guests, we do "Survival: Postapocalypse Now" better!
36. Darkness Within 1: In Pursuit of Loath Nolder
Explore disturbing corners of the human psyche. Delve into a dimension of nightmares, the occult and a tense psychological world created in classic Lovecraftian style.
As police detective Howard E. Loreid, you are tasked to solve the murder of Clark Field, a wealthy man involved in the occult. Your number one suspect is Loath Nolder; a highly respected private investigator. After mysteriously abandoning his last case and abruptly resurfacing five years later, one wonders how venerated P.I. Loath Nolder has turned fugitive murder suspect. Your seemingly routine investigation takes a dramatic twist as terrifying happenings begin to plague your psyche. Horrifying dreams and paranormal experiences torment your very being and the line between sanity and insanity becomes frighteningly blurred. Face dire truths hidden deep within the recesses of your mind, as you embark on a surreal adventure.Key features:
- A chilling point and click Puzzle Horror Adventure inspired by the Works of H.P. Lovecraft, now brought to Steam for the first time as a slightly enhanced edition with Chromatic Aberration and cinematic effects applied to the game's graphics !
- Built-in Hint System with 3 Difficulty Levels – Players can choose to play in Standard, Detective, or Senior Detective modes.
- Unique Inventory System – Utilizing the ‘thinking screen’ allows players to collect and examine items, and thoughts. Clues can also be researched, combined or used.
- Dynamic Puzzles and Features – Traditional adventure game puzzles are complimented by deciphering dreams and underlining excerpts in documents to garner critical clues.
- Enhanced Gameplay Experience – The proprietary game engine enables compelling special effects and stunning visuals in a panoramic first person game environment.
- Eerie Gameplay Atmosphere – An immersive experience is created by a fascinating story, chilling real-time cut scenes, and haunting music.
37. The Lost Valley
"The Lost Valley" is a small game where you will play as a cyclist who will get in an accident. The protagonist finds himself in a great valley called "The Lost Valley". The bicycle is broken as a result of cliff falling and the protagonist has to move further on foot. He must find out how to get out of the valley and reach the shore where he can find a boat. The game has two season modes: default (summer) and winter mode.
In case you are tired of zombies and shooters, and you wish to enjoy amazing beauty of nature and calm atmospheric environment then "The Lost Valley" is the very game you need so much.
Each house holds many terrible secrets. They are not easy to solve, and the answers sometimes only lead to more questions. But what can you do when your life depends on these answers?
The game GRIDBERD is an action horror game in the first person, in which you have to solve the terrible mystery of the ancestral Johnson Mansion. Who are you? How did you get here? What really happened? And who is this mysterious ghost that longs to kill you, and is already hard at work sharpening his axе?
Take a walk through the old ancestral mansion, take a look at the most secluded and most mysterious corners of it, and discover the secrets that it holds. Uncover crumbs of information from the past, and the history of this place. Open secret passages, solve puzzles, and skillfully bypass the traps that have been prepared for you in the old castle. Run away and hide from its ruthless creatures, which cannot wait to get at you. And remember – behind every corner horror and terror await you, and that which you will find, could change your life forever. So just running away will not work! The story is just beginning, so see it through to the end!
- Stunning graphics, created on one of the most advanced graphics engines – the CryEngine 3
- Riddles and puzzles, as well as hidden paths that can reward you in the most diverse ways
- A fascinating story with unexpected plot twists
- The ability to achieve the goal in several ways
- High-quality and well-thought-out sound accompaniment
- Detailed and atmospheric environments
Conctact Us: firstname.lastname@example.org
INFRA is what we like to call a gun-free puzzle adventure. Instead of large explosions and powerful guns, you will rely on your cunning to survive puzzles in an incredibly detailed world. As you travel through the infrastructure of a city you will find that your actions and thorough observations ultimately determine if others will survive. A society obsessed with upgradation has brought a disaster upon itself and it is your job to help restore it.
40. FLYING TIGERS: SHADOWS OVER CHINA
“The sky was a maelstrom of exploding bombers, twisting tracers, flaming parachutes, and Robert’s own burning fighter... then his engine quit!”
FTSOC, short for FLYING TIGERS: SHADOWS OVER CHINA, is an air-combat action game based on the true events of America’s secret volunteer squadrons that defended China against Japan in the China-Burma-India theatre of World War 2.
Experience rarely depicted air-battles as you take on the role of headstrong fighter pilots, self-sacrificing transport navigators, and daring bomber crews and gunners of the AVG, the RAF, and the USAAF to repel the onslaught of the Japanese war machine. Dogfight skilled enemy aces using “hit and run” tactics, carry out breakaway air-strikes behind enemy lines, and take part in the defense of China’s critical supply-routes, from Rangoon up the Burma road, and across the deadly Himalayan "Hump".
FLYING TIGERS: SHADOWS OVER CHINA recreates some of the most legendary events of the China-Burma-India theatre. A decent collection of historical missions are included, such as the Japanese Christmas-raids on Rangoon, the AVG’s first combat over Kunming, the Battle of the Salween Gorge, “Hump” transport missions over the Himalayas, flight-training at Kyedaw in Toungoo, the surprise Invasion of Malaya, and many more.
- RARELY DEPICTED AIR-BATTLES OF WORLD WAR 2
Action-packed campaign recreates the clandestine operations of the American Volunteer Group in fighter, bomber, gunner, reconnaissance, torpedo, and night missions.
- APPROACHABLE TAKE ON AIR-COMBAT
Features TrazerTime™ slow-motion precision firing, arcade-like combat maneuvers, sim-style pitch & roll controls, moody weathers (including thunderous monsoons, beautiful sunsets and misty dawns), 20+ Allied and Japanese planes, adjustable mouse & keyboard, gamepad, and flightstick controls, and more!
- MULTIPLAYER FOR UP TO 16 PLAYERS
Steam leaderboards eternalize players’ online rankings across five battle modes! Coordinate devastating air-attacks in TEAM DOGFIGHT while providing cover for your comrades, outdo all enemies using powerful rocket weaponry in ROCKET BATTLE VS, or take to the skies to “Capture the Flag” in the FLAGBUSTERS mode.
- PAY ONCE AND PLAY
No micro-transactions or F2P-elements -- for a single purchase, you’ll get the full, stand-alone experience -- with unrestricted multiplayer!
- FLY IN COCKPIT OR THIRD-PERSON MODE
Soar through the skies of Southeast Asia in third-person or cockpit view in a variety of American, British, Russian/Chinese, and Japanese aircraft.
- STRIKING RENDITION OF THE FAR EAST
Faithful environments, beautiful graphics, booming sound effects and an epic-orchestral soundtrack create a lasting impression of the China-Burma-India theatre.
41. The Cursed Forest
The Cursed Forest is a horror-adventure game in which you will collide with dangerous mystical creature that is living in the autumn forest. You need to make a ritual for release the innocent soul that prisoned in the monstrous appearance.
Over a year ago The Cursed Forest, a horror-adventure game, was released and became widely popular. Now the original game’s creator KPy3O is working with team Noostyche to take you back into the forest again. Using the updated version of CRYENGINE, The Cursed Forest will be returning with enhanced graphics, a new storyline and many more improved features.
The old version is still available to download for free here:
When your character received the message that his mother was in the hospital he rushed to her aid, taking a shortcut by driving down an old, forgotten road through an ominous autumnal forest. When something appeared in front of his car and caused him to crash he was lost amongst the trees. The dark forest is hiding many secrets and creatures that wish to harm whatever crosses their path. Now it is up to him to uncover the mysteries of the past and save an innocent soul. But will he be able to survive long enough to do it?Game Features
- Choosing your own path and explore the dark beauty of the mystical forest.
- Survive sudden and dangerous situations, navigating though deadly traps set by an evil spirit.
- Uncover a highly immersive story with an ominous and creepy atmosphere. Find in-game notes and discover the hidden tales of those who lived in the Cursed Forest, the history of the location and what happened to the lost expeditions who were unlucky enough to venture into the forest.
Can you stop the darkness that is rising?
42. Vendetta - Curse of Raven's Cry
In the darkest corners of the Caribbean, an old evil is rising again.
It's been years since Christopher Raven's family was brutally murdered by Neville “the Devil” Scranton and his bloodthirsty gang, the Devil's Tines. Orphaned and missing a hand, Christopher is rescued by Marcus, an ex-slave and rum-maker who nurses Christopher back to health and takes him under his wing.
Growing up with a black bitterness in his heart, Christopher drowns his demons in rum and violence, brooding endlessly on the revenge that was stolen from him when the Devil’s Tines disappeared in the monstrous quake that sunk half of Port Royal. When a string of brutal and all too familiar murders occur, Christopher’s chance for revenge is suddenly within his grasp. Neville and the Tines are back, and nothing on earth will stop Christopher from claiming their heads.CONTENT OF THE DIGITAL DELUXE EDITION
- A brand new location waiting to be explored, with additional 60 minutes of playing time
- Two exclusive in-game items: the Grim Ripper figurehead and the mighty cutlass "Merciless". Both exclusive in-game items increase the respective abilities of Christopher and his ship when used
- The digital Artbook: Enjoy 72 packed pages of original Raven's Cry artwork (PDF Format)
- An extended version of the Official Soundtrack (MP3 Format)
- All classic pirate songs, including Whisky in a Jar, Hanging Willie aka Drunken Sailor, La Bamba, Da-YO aka Bananaboat Song and more
- A digital Songbook including all of the Tavern songs with both the lyrics and the musical notes (PDF Format)
- Exclusive Wallpapers
- A Brutal World: Dozens of missions and side-quests are spread across the 18th century Caribbean. From white, sandy beaches crawling with deadly wildlife to dark and stormy seas infested with pirates, the world is your battleground.
- Know Your Enemy: Hundreds of colorful characters await you; pirate gangs, cannibals, government factions and even ferocious wildlife all stand in your way as you loot, kill and pillage your way across the stunning archipelago.
- Fill Your Coffers: An extensive economic system allows you to make your fortune in a variety of ways; search for lost treasure, trade goods in local ports, gamble in taverns or head into the jungles for a hunting expedition.
- Only the Strong Survive: Upgrade your skill tree to learn new attacks and combos and use dozens of historically accurate firearms and blades in tandem with your fearsome hook.
- Scourge of the Sea: Handpick your crew and set sail. A wide variety of ships can be purchased and upgraded, and different ammunition types allow you to strategically cripple enemy ships for looting, or blast them to the bottom of the ocean.
- Every Choice Has a Price: The notoriety system allows you to influence the world around you; earn a reputation for pure brutality as you laugh in the faces of those that come after you, or show mercy while manipulating your enemies and turning them against each other.
43. Wild Island Quest
Wild Island Quest is a visual novel about the adventures of the teenagers on a dangerous island.
You can go to the Wild Island with the main characters and delve into a deadly adventure. Take one or a few friends with You, but keep in mind that all characters have their strengths and weaknesses, so the end of Your journey will depend on Your choice. Preparing for the trip, thoroughly plan your actions, take only what You really need. Any detail can be vital.
Enjoy the Wild Island's nature and beware its inhabitants!Main features
- Non-linear plot
- Different endings
- Possibility to travel alone or with friends
- Every character has their strengths and weaknesses, and can give benefits or be a burden.
- Unique picture to every location
44. Drizzlepath: Genie
Lula lives a happy life in her seaside village. Until one night a mysterious wizard tells her in a dream that she must find a relic called the Genie. What is the Genie? Could it be a key to unlock the truth about life and the universe? Could it be the answer to all her questions?
Find out, when you walk as Lula, on the path you choose, as she journeys to discover the meaning of the Genie and fulfill her destiny. The path you choose will determine the fate of the world.
Giving you the opportunity to explore both paths, Drizzlepath: Genie promises at least around 4 hours of relaxing experience. A rich story combine with immersive graphics, fantasy style natural environments, and a calming, ambient soundtrack to make it a journey you may not soon forget.Key Features
- Rich and poetic story presented by a clear narration.
- Subtitles with multiple language choices.
- Gorgeous graphics powered by Unreal Engine 4. Wherever you look is nice scenery.
- Calming ambient music of over an hour in total.
- Things to explore including many surprising and hidden ones.
- Replayability; as you choose your own path in the beginning of the game and both paths offer totally different atmospheres.
- All new "Gothic Vision" mode in which you see the game's graphics in a whole new vision.
45. The Isle
DISCLAIMER: THIS GAME IS IN EARLY ACCESS. PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE IT UNLESS YOU WANT TO ACTIVELY SUPPORT THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE GAME AND ARE PREPARED TO HANDLE SERIOUS ISSUES AND POSSIBLE INTERRUPTIONS OF INTENDED GAMEPLAY FUNCTIONALITY.Foreward and CautionFirstly, thank you for looking at and possibly considering the purchase of our game. Despite the fact we aspire to create a fun game approachable by many, we feel the need to caution any potential users. We have begun updating the game towards the point of intended hardcore functionality. As this happens, difficulty will gradually become more brutal and chances of survival become less likely. We, the developers, are actively going to design the future game islands and creatures to counteract known player tactics of survival. Your mistakes will be punished. Expect no survivors.The Isle: A World Designed to Kill You
The Isle is a realistic, gritty, open-world survival horror game. There is only one goal in mind: Survival. The islands and its inhabitants will radically change, ever-evolving as players themselves learn how to survive. There are no waypoints, tutorials, or ulterior precepts in mind to alter play styles or purpose. In the end, the only person you can trust is yourself.KEY FEATURES IN EARLY ACCESS
These features are currently in the game and though they are listed, may have bugs that have not been discovered or addressed.
- The Island: A vast landscape of dense jungle and open plains, hidden within are various ruins and expanses that hold insight as to what was here...
- Up to 100 players per server based on server hardware and bandwidth.
- Progression System - Start as a defenseless creature and work your way up to the mighty titans of the prehistoric era, falling all the way to the bottom of the food chain upon death.
- Basic Dinosaur Simulation - Basic needs such a thirst and hunger are present. Stalk your prey and avoid your predators among the dense forests and swamps.
- Playable Dinosaurs - Choose between more than 15 playable dinosaurs such as Austroraptor, Carnotaurus, Tyrannosaurus Rex, Gallimimus, Utahraptor, Acrocanthosaurus and Allosaurus, with many more planned ahead.
- Dedicated Server Binaries with Steam integration
- Basic Dinosaur AI
- An expansive island stretching larger than 16x16km²
We realize that there is a long road ahead and a lot of work to be done in order to turn this into the dinosaur game we want it to be. Throughout the year, we will be adding a lot more to the Isle based off of current planning and user feedback Some of these features are as follows:
- Mac/Linux/Steam OS Support
- Full Mod Support - Skins, additional dinosaurs, and various gamemodes such as deathmatch and a tycoon sim
- Additional Steamworks Features - Achievements, Trading Cards, etc.
- VR Support
- Localization of all Game UI/Text
- Realistic Dinosaur AI with complex ecosystems
- 20+ Playable Dinosaurs
- Cannibal Faction implementation
- Mercenary Faction implementation
- Player Crafting System implementation
- Base Capturing
- Dynamic Aerial Drop-In Spawn System
- Human/Dinosaur Body Painting
- Dinosaur Capturing and Training
- Advanced Vehicle System
- Improved Sound FX, including regional sound localization
- Improved and expanded vegetation system, including interactive foliage
- Functional Steam economy
- "The Escape" global in-game world quest
Aside from the necessity of community feedback finds for bug fixes, content suggestion, and creative feedback, the Isle will have a post-release content structure after Early Access has been polished to the best of our ability.Unique Triple-Faction Gameplay
Choose between three playable factions and find yourself stranded on a merciless island of harsh wildernesses, rampaging dinosaurs, vicious cannibals, lethal mercenaries and rival players. Explore dark and foreboding jungles, unforgiving swamps and beautiful but deadly mountain vistas for the supplies you will ultimately need to survive. As you progress and explore, you will happen across ancient ruins and abandoned military bases that, with perseverance and time, can convert into your own outpost or nesting ground in this hostile world.
- As the Mercenary, you'll experience a sense of both wonder and terror as everything on the island has evolved to kill you. However, you will find yourself armed to the teeth and more than capable when it comes to survival skills. Nothing will stand in your way... so long as you still have ammo.
- As the Cannibal, you will find yourself in-tune with the natural environment. Capable foragers and natural hunters, you will form tribes or survive alone. Armed with spears, bows, poison, and makeshift camouflage, you must be as ruthless as the beasts among you.
- As a Dinosaur, you'll be the epitome of cunning and ferocity. From the small agile Austroraptor to the unstoppable Tyrannosaurus Rex, you will survive from being a juvenile until adulthood, forming packs, creating and defending your nests, hunting prey, and claiming territory. All roads lead to death, or becoming the apex predator of the island.
The Isle features a narrative told strictly through the environment, achievable only through immense cooperation among players. Hidden locations and artifacts are dynamically created within the open world that reveal the answers to all the questions that would arise. Why are you here? Why dinosaurs? What is causing them to mutate? Why can’t you just leave? It will take the entire global community to unravel the purpose to their being on the Isle and each discovery will directly affect the future of the game.Become the Beast
One key focus of the Isle is the unique element of playing as dinosaurs and other creatures found on the islands. All will have a general familiar play-style, while each retain their own uniqueness of capability. Players can select a variety of creatures and grow from juvenile to adulthood. As your dinosaur grows, you can select different palette options and skins, growing your abilities to hunt, create your pack, and eventually mutate into a much powerful version of your dinosaur and claim the right as the Apex.Unparalleled Mod Support
We will support all the features of Steamworks and allow for any aspect of the game to be modded by the community using Steam Workshop. Members of the community will be able to download a free copy of Unreal Engine 4 from Epic Games and generate mods and change all aspects of the game. This includes everything but not limited to making a new map, adding new dinosaur types or new game modes such as a Dinosaur Park Simulator or a role playing focused game mode.
You can subscribe to mods on the workshop and select what ones you want enabled when you start your server. Players joining the servers will automatically obtain the required mods without even needing to restart the game.
We present to Your attention our debut project — Conclusion. We did this game together and hope that our labors enough to make the game interesting.
We have a history and we want to share it with You.
The story of the Nile. Man, being in an unknown place. How did he get here? What is this place? Why this road seems very familiar? All questions have to answer You.
47. Crazy Ball Adventures
Are you ready for a cool game where you have to test your skills and enjoy your time while going through some amazing levels? Crazy Ball Adventures is the ultimate choice in this regard and it offers you plenty of exciting opportunities and possibilities right off the bat.
One thing you will like about Crazy Ball Adventures is the fact that this game has a simple premise. Basically, you just need to do all you can in order to maintain the ball in balance as you reach the end of the level.
Each level has a different design and architecture, which means that you will have to focus on the way the level looks as you go through it. This does offer an immense set of challenges and it will only get better as you play.
Balancing the ball might sound easy but the reality is that Crazy Ball Adventures offers you multiple challenges so you will always have to face new and exciting levels.
Plus, if you are a fan of being a completionist, you can collect all 3 stars scattered through each level. Of course, there’s also the challenge of finishing the levels as fast as possible, so many times you will find yourself going through each level again and again as you try to reach the high score table.
Levels are different and varied enough so you will never get bored. There’s always something nice to do and a multitude of challenges for you to face. All you have to is to just check them out and the results will be amazing each time.
Plus some of the levels also integrate obstacles and gaps. This way you will truly test your abilities all while going through narrow regions as well. Crazy Ball Adventures is filled with a great set of unique opportunities that you can unlock and there are some amazing gameplay choices for you here. All you need is to check out this amazing set of adventures and immerse yourself into the coolest balance ball game out there.
48. Radiation Island
Radiation Island is a survival adventure game where you craft your own destiny in a huge open world environment. As part of the Philadelphia Experiment you have become stranded in a parallel, alternate reality. Discover this new and mysterious world, with all its surprises. Use everything you find to survive it and solve its puzzle to get back to the real world.
Follow your own path in an environment of breathtaking beauty and gigantic scope. Explore huge forests inhabited by dangerous wolves, bears and mountain lions. Investigate abandoned villages and old military compounds where zombies guard vital tools, weapons and clues to the secrets of this world. You can even swim and dive, if you can avoid the hungry crocodiles.
Hunt wild animals, fish or gather fruits to overcome hunger. Mine for resources and craft weapons, tools and basic vehicles. Find hidden treasures, equipment and fire arms to prevail in a world full of perils: radiation, anomalies, harsh weather and enraged zombies.
Experience the full day-night cycle and face the dangers of darkness and cold.
STAIRS is a first-person atmospheric psychological horror game that takes players through the stories of three missing people as seen through the eyes of journalist Christopher Adams. Start preparing yourself now, for to descend down these steps is to descend into madness.
STAIRS is inspired by real-life events, twisted into an original tale of terror, despair and sadness. Using a camera and journal, players set out to unravel the grizzly mysteries behind three stories - Valerie Berkley, a high school graduate; James Reed, a young businessman; and Jean Jowars Remens, a charismatic pastor. What happened to them? What do they have to do with each other? Creep down the stairs and discover the truth for yourself… if you dare.
- A tale of psychological horror that spans 3 diverse story arcs with thematic connections
- Inspired by a series of horrific real-life events, recreated with a twist of fiction
- Use your camera to capture supernatural elements that progress the story and open new areas
- Utilize notes in your Journal to help track your progress, story beats and evaluate clues
- Dynamic, immersive sound design sends chills down your spine while building palpable tension
- Real-time story elements unravel the game’s narrative without interrupting gameplay
- Explore interactive environments and solve cleverly crafted puzzles to find what you need to advance through the story
50. The NADI Project
The NADI Project it is a graphic adventure, inspired by the already best-known successes of "The Vanishing of Ethan Carter" and of "Ether One", in which you will face various obstacles.
In this adventure, you will be catapulted into a reality set in a future not too far away.
You will play Jeremy Parker, a famous businessman in his field, but forced by misfortune to go where money has no value.
You will face the difficulties of a shipwreck, in an anonymous island, forgotten by every nautical map. You can't count on anyone, just on your intuition.
Bur nothing is like it seems, even the desert islands do not escape out of this law.
And so you'll find yourself on a journey through ancient ruins, traces left by one of the biggest electronic company in the world, the "Ceberus Electronics"
This giant business made this atoll one of his research bases and your destiny has made it your struggle for existence. You will be forced to explore thoroughly everything that surrounds you, without forgetting your main goal.
RUN AWAY !