The best games like Dead Age are:
- arrow_rightAsh of Gods
- arrow_rightPlanet Explorers
- arrow_rightThe Escapists: The Walking Dead
- arrow_rightThe Curious Expedition
- arrow_rightHome Behind
- arrow_rightStar Explorers
- arrow_rightOutlaws of the Old West
- arrow_rightCavern of Time
10 Best Games Like Dead Age:
Filter by Platform Select a Platformarrow_drop_down
1. Ash of Gods
Ash of Gods: Redemption is a turn-based RPG that combines tactical combat, CCG elements, and a constantly evolving story in which no one is safe from death, including the main characters.
Ash of Gods is the story of three separate protagonists rising in response to a centuries-old menace once thought to be mere folklore.
Ash of Gods’ storyline is constantly evolving in response to players’ choices, sometimes even resulting in death. But, the death of a character is not game over. Instead, the story moves forward with the death of that character and previous choices continuing to impact future events.
Combat in Ash of Gods is a blend of both traditional turn-based strategy and CCG gameplay. While individual tactics will depend upon the skills and classes of your characters, you will unlock and accumulate cards that have the power to unleash powerful abilities, sometimes altering the course of an entire battle.
WHAT MAKES ASH OF GODS UNIQUE
Decisions with Major ImpactsEvery decision, whether on or off the battlefield, has the capacity to alter the course of events and the fate of your party with major repercussions. But, even the death of your leader is not the end of your journey.
No Random Dice RollsThere are no dice throws to determine chance-to-hit or the force of a blow. In Ash of Gods, true tacticians must master the skills of their classes and harness the powers granted by their limited supplies of cards, or suffer the consequences.
AI that Adapts to YouAsh of Gods’ AI adapts to your style of play to ensure a consistently challenging experience with no room for cheap tactics or invincible team builds.
PvE and PvP MultiplayerWork with a friend to battle the AI in PvE challenges, or challenge other players and compete for a spot on the leaderboards. Unlock new characters, upgrades, and cards to customize your tactics even further.
Rewards for RiskExpend your own HP for a last-ditch attack. Go into battle with a smaller team to get better cards and quicker rounds. Take the shorter, but more dangerous route to save on resources. Ash of Gods rewards those willing to take the risks.
After 700 years, peace in Terminum is about to end. The Feast of the Spring Equinox is in full swing when the town bell begins to ring. Captain Thorn Brenin, the bodyguard Lo Pheng, the scribe Hopper Rouley, and many others, do not yet know that the reapers have returned and intend to drown the world in blood so that they may awaken the sleeping gods.
Written by the award-winning fantasy author, Sergey Malitsky, Ash of Gods is a story-rich game full of memorable characters, powerful dialogue, and deep lore. Malitsky is currently working on a new novel stemming from the events of Ash of Gods.
Inspired by the works of Ralph Bakshi (The Lord of the Rings), classical Disney animation, and the prolific Soviet studio, Soyuzmultfilm (The Snow Queen), Ash of Gods features intricately hand-drawn illustration and animation. Rotoscoping, a technique in which a scene is first filmed with a live actor to use as reference, instills every frame of animation with incredible detail and a true sense of life.
The original soundtrack is a collaboration of Adam Skorupa, Krzysztof Wierzynkiewicz, and Michal Cielecki, whose previous work includes The Witcher, Bulletstorm, Painkiller, EVE Online, Call of Juarez, and Shadow Warrior. Every track was recorded live by professional musicians, often using traditional instruments rarely encountered in contemporary recordings.
2. Planet Explorers
In Planet Explorers, it is the year 2287, one of the first colony ships sent out by Earth arrives at the planet Maria, in the Epsilon Indi Star System. During its landing sequence, something appears in front of the massive ship that causes it to lose control and crash into the planet. Some of the colonists survive in lifeboats, but what they find is an unforgiving land filled with creatures ready to outlast the visitors from Earth. Now the survivors must explorer, gather, build, create, fight, and ultimately, build a new home.Game Modes
Planet Explorers features single and multiplayer modes.
In single player there are 3 distinct selections
- Story Mode – Story mode is the main meat and bones of the game, it is the action-adventure-rpg-somewhat-4X segment, offering npcs, missions, colony building, farming, training, diplomacy, and of course, a storyline that you can follow or ignore. This story features a 17X8km world map with many unique character, landscapes, biomes, locations, and over 140 types of potential enemies. Even though we’ve made it seem like a very action oriented game in the trailers, in reality, players can choose to not fight so much as to just plant a farm, make some food, keep the colonists alive, negotiate with the sentient aliens, and defend the perimeter from the local life forms. That can still eventually arrive at the ending. And yes, there is an ending. Story mode also features coop with other players.
- Adventure Mode – This mode is based on a procedural map generated from a seed. It comes in a 40X40 kilometer map. Players will be able to complete random missions, defeat bosses, dive through dungeons, and explore different landscapes. This mode also features survival and versus.
- Build Mode – In this mode, there are no enemies and an infinite amount of building material. It also currently comes in a 40X40km map. Players will be able to build whatever they want in this mode, including everything in the Creations Editor. Think of this as the perfect testing ground to test everything you build. Or…it’s your place to build your garden without ever worrying about the pesky aliens.
Multiplayer allows Local Area Network and player hosted servers. We also have many official servers in the lobby.
- Coop – Coop comes in many selections, such as adventure mode, story mode, build mode, etc. This is pretty much an open world sandbox.
- Versus – This mode allows teams of up to 16 players to battle against 16 players from another team. We allow full terrain manipulation in this mode. It's a point based system where one team wins if they reach a certain point level based on kills, built objects, resources mined, etc.
- 30+ hours of storyline
- Coop storyline
- 140+ types of enemies
- 40+ unique mainline NPCs
- Able to dig
- Able to build
- Able to plant farm
- Able to build colony
- Able to have followers
- Creation Editor to create vehicles, weapons, objects, vtols, boats, armor, and more
- Day/night cycle with realistic moon cycles
- Weather system
- 15+ types of mineral types
- 200+ unique items
- Resource scanner
- Realtime AI pathfinding
- Multiplayer COOP
- Multiplayer VS
- Realtime water physics
- Multiple boss types
- Story Editor
- AI robot follower
- Negotiation with aliens
- War with aliens
3. The Escapists: The Walking Dead
Rick is in charge of a band of survivors featuring many of the original comic book cast, including Maggie, Hershel, Glenn and Michonne. Rick must secure the safety of the group by seeking out a safe escape route from each area, and manage several dangerous tasks to keep as many of the group alive as possible. The game faithfully matches the timeline of the comics, meaning Rick must first fight his way out of the Harrison Memorial Hospital, visit the Greene family farm before visiting destinations such as the Meriwether Correctional Facility and Woodbury.
Protect the living and escape the dead as you play through the award-winning comic's epic story.Features
- 5 Locations: Tackle 5 of the most infamous locations from The Walking Dead story including: Meriwether County Correctional Facility, Woodbury, and Alexandria
- Epic Crafting: Choose from over two hundred + different items to make over 70 tools or weapons to aid your survival.
- Well known characters: Interact with all your favourite characters from the comics and recruit them to help you with important tasks.
- Routines: Make sure you and your survivors keep up your daily routines - it's important for morale!
- Guns!: Firearms will now be available to craft or discover - they are handy for keeping walkers at bay!
- Zombie hordes: Use your wits and your survivor companions to fend off hordes of hungry walkers.
- Steam Achievements: Be sure to check every desk and room if you want to get them all!
- Steam Leaderboards: Optimise your plans and strategies to complete the levels in the fastest time.
- Cloud Saves: Take your game on the go to make sure you can get your fix.
The Escapists: The Walking Dead Deluxe Edition includes:
- The complete official soundtrack of the game.
- A Digital Artbook containing comic strip scenes from the game and some bespoke artwork.
- The First Edition of The official The Walking Dead comic
*To access the artbook and comic, go to the properties of the game in your Steam library then hit Browse Local Content. You will then find the files in the Art folder.
*The Soundtrack can be found in the Music section in your Steam client.
4. The Curious Expedition
Curious Expedition is a roguelike expedition simulation set in the late 19th century. Together with famous personalities you will venture on unprecedented expeditions to regions never explored before for fame, science and treasures. Put on your pith helmet and khakis and make your way through a lush, procedurally generated world full of wonder and mystery. Now go explore, adventure awaits!Gameplay overview
- Experience your very own adventure through a procedural story which makes every game unique.
- Explore procedurally generated worlds, each with its own distinctive set of challenges for the ambitious explorer.
- Plan and equip your trek. A good explorer is prepared for any eventuality.
- Manage your resources to keep your trek alive and sanity high. Balance your needs with the desire to carry all that precious treasure back home.
- Visit and interact with the land’s natives. Enter villages, trade and communicate with local tribes and civilizations that are unknown to mankind.
- Loot mysterious temple ruins to gain fame and treasures, but watch out for deadly traps and curses that will compromise your trek and the world around you.
- Equip and utilize miraculous treasures to gain advantages, but be wary of unforeseeable side effects.
- Fight and defend your trek against a wide range of wild animals, mystical creatures and even dinosaurs.
5. Home Behind
In Home Behind, you take on the role of a refugee cast out from your homeland by a band of rebels. Your home and the peace you enjoyed has been destroyed, and your family has disappeared. Can you survive the struggle, famine, and sickness to make it to the safety of Europe?
The thoughts of civil war had been brewing in your homeland for years, and the violence has finally erupted. In the chaos, your village was burned to the ground, and your daughter disappeared. When faced with death, you chose to survive and to overcome the difficulties of disease, war, and famine. Can you make it long enough to be reunited with your daughter?
- All events and experiences you come across are randomly generated, so no play through is exactly the same!
- Keep track of your mood, nutrition, and water levels while avoiding terrible diseases!
- Take on the ultimate struggle of survival as your travel 1500 kilometers to safety.
- Unlock all 15 jobs, each with their own special starting skills, items and rewards.
- Experience tons of random events both in the outside world and indoors, and be the master of your destiny.
- Survive both day and night, as well as random weather events.
- Collect hundreds of items and craft your own weapons and armor.
- Explore the limits of crafting and upgrading to forge the strongest gear.
- Try loads of food to stay alive and cook your own meals Lizards Insects Braised beef.
- Explore a world inspired by real events and real stories.
- Fight a wide range of enemies, including wild beasts and rebel soldiers. Can you survive attacks from all your enemies and extremely difficult bosses?
6. Star Explorers
Star Explorers:Earth has been destroyed, and humanity must find a way to survive. Your job is to help the human race, those remaining on the mother-ship, to find another earth-like world to inhabit. Star Explorers attempts to capture the vastness, loneliness and desolation of space exploration, along with easy to learn, old-school shooter mechanics.
- Randomly generated galaxy which the player can fully explore
- Randomly generated planets, with features based on factors such as atmosphere, distance from star etc...
- Randomly generated cave systems on some planets
- Day/Night cycles on each planet
- Resource management and survival in hostile conditions
- Randomly generated alien life, for a unique experience with each play-through
- Random Quests, in addition to the main quest
- Database of Sectors, Stars and Planets in which player can take notes and customize the names of stars and planets
- Intelligent alien life, either hostile or friendly towards the player
- Inventory system
- Trade System with friendly aliens
- Melee and projectile combat with hostile aliens
- Random weapons (similar to Borderlands)
- Suit upgrade system, which allows player to explore previously uninhabitable planets
ExplorationExploration requires resources, which players must seek out on their quest. Fuel, ammunition and oxygen will all have to be carefully managed if the player wants to survive the long search for an earth-like planet. However, in the Star Explorers universe, there are other kinds of life, based not on water, but other various liquids that may be present on different planets. While many planets will be too hot or cold, or without an atmosphere, there are also worlds of liquid methane, ammonia, sulphuric acid and more, that have developed their own unique evolutionary cycles. Each kind of alien plant, tree or animal is pieced together randomly, making for a unique experience for each player.
The Star Explorers universe is not a friendly one though, it can be cruel and indifferent to the struggles of its inhabitants. If you're not careful, you might land on a planet that's just too hot, or too cold, or enveloped in a cloud of corrosive acid, and not live to tell about it. Upgrading your space suit will unlock these otherwise impossible worlds to further exploration.How to PlayThe interface may be a bit complex at first. I plan to include a tutorial for the final release.
For now - know the following:
- Pressing "E" allows you to interact with things. It also will disengage you from the Spaceship Control Panel, allowing you to explore your ship - not much to explore yet, but there will be...
- Right Clicking on stars and other objects will open an action menu. Pick from the menu to scan, warp to, or other.
- The Hangar Bay is all the way at the back of the ship. Approach the doors and press "E" to begin landing procedure, after you've orbited a planet.
- Inventory can be accesses by pressing "I" and closed with the same.
- To add fuel to your spaceship, you must collect or purchase Acknexium Crystals. Then you access your inventory while aboard your ship and "Use" them.
- Your space suit can be upgraded in the same way. Also your weapons each have an "Ammo" belt. Ammunition found must be "used" in order to add it to the ammo belt.
- Once you find Acknexium Crystals on a planet, you must launch a beacon to orbit that planet, and inform the mother-ship of your discovery. The mother-ship will then move into the vicinity of the star system in question. If you don't see the mother-ship, you can press "M" to warp directly to the mother-ship. I plan to incorporate this feature into the computer console in the near future, along with the option to do the same for previously visited star systems.
- Stars will automatically be scanned when warped to. Still, there may be problems in the star-database.
- The rest should be available by playing the game, and reading the in-game messages...
- Inventory problem. At certain points in play testing, half of my inventory disappeared. I have taken steps to prevent this from happening, but each time I think I've beat it, it sneaks up on me again. I haven't seen it in a while, so it might be resolved, but I've written a piece of code that will put up an alert if and when your space suit and/or main weapon disappear. I realize this is a game-breaker at this point, but if I can collect more data on where, when and why it happens, I know I'll be able to fix it. Currently, it is very sporadic, and I can't seem to reproduce the effect. If you are playing, and you get an alert about your suit or weapon missing, please update the forum on where you were in the game, i.e. leaving a planet, leaving a cave, trading with the mother-ship, etc... Having access to this information will help me solve the problem much faster.
- Database issues. Sometimes when leaving a planet, you computer forgets which star it was near. An alert will pop up at this point, again I would ask players to let me know when and where this happens. It will always be upon leaving a planet or loading a saved game, but I would like to see if there is a pattern, i.e. which sector(s) it happens in, what kinds of stars, planet types, whether a certain quest was being completed, etc... I think leaving the star system and returning should resolve the issue as a work around while I find out what's causing it.
- The game is currently somewhat short. It can be won fairly quickly, if conditions are right. This will be tweaked to create more of a challenge. I'm looking for feedback about how much fuel, money, items the player should start with. How much loot is available on planets etc... I do not want to make this a game in which there is loot around every corner. it should feel like you are in outer space, not the grocery store. However, there is a balance that needs to be struck. It is a game, after all.
- Various bugs exist, but no more seem to be game-breaking at this point. I have a long list and the game will be updated frequently until they are gone.
- Saving and loading games should be independent of build. If the game is updated, you should still be able to load a previously saved game. Future upgrades may require starting a new game, but for now saves should be valid until all major bugs are fixed.
7. Outlaws of the Old West
Outlaws of the Old West is a massively multiplayer survival MMO with a huge world, thousands of items and a modular building system. Survive the wild, build your own homestead, defeat villainous bandits and work with others to tame the Wild West.
Multiple biomes and changing weather affect not only the types of resources you can harvest, but also the animals you encounter.
The scale of the environment and harsh climates will challenge the player's knowledge of the land and ability to survive.
Launching with an initial massive play area of 144km^2 that will only get larger it's easy to get lost in the wilderness.
Use anything you can get your hands on to survive.
Satisfy your basic needs such as hunger and thirst and protect yourself against dangerous predators like animals, bandits, and other players.
Preperation, wit, and a strong gumption are necessary to withstand the harsh environment.
The temperature and climates will also affect your ability to survive so be sure to bundle up!
With a real-time day to night cycle, temperature, and changing weather, one must be prepared to endure the elements.
After the sun sets, nocturnal wildlife and lower visibility make for a fun and different experience.
Be prepared for a frigid night as temperature will drop!
A multitude of tools are at your disposal to craft, farm, or build your own home.
There is a tool for every need.
As you progress, you will discover there are many uses for each.
From arrows to bullets to buckshot, dozens of weapons and ammo types can be crafted to hunt or fend off unwanted guests.
With melee to long range, there is a weapon to suit your every need.
Go wild with explosives if you're feeling destructive or use a slingshot to get the job done quietly!
A plethora of varying wildlife roam throughout the land.
Some species may even be tamed.
Make sure you are properly equipped as not all are friendly!
Hunt animals for survival.
Gather their resources to satisfy hunger or even dress your character.
However, if you are unprepared, you may find yourself dinner for a hungry critter!
Enjoy leisure time with some good old-fashioned fishing.
Try your luck with a rod or fish traps, but you will most likely need some bait first!
Use your tools to craft items, chop trees for wood, farm the land or mine for precious minerals and ore.
Build your very own cabin in the woods or a ranch for you and your posse.
The land to build on is boundless, any area you can walk on can be a perfect place for your new home or business!
The structural support system, ability to rotate at any angle, and destruction tools make for a more realistic building process.
A detailed and in-depth modular building system makes it all possible.
Mix and match hundreds of clothing and items to create your own personalized Wild West fashion.
Craft as many outfits as you want and you'll never have to wear the same thing twice!
What is travel in the Old West without a horse?
Find a desirable mount and tame it to make it your very own.
Don't forget to give it a name.
Trade with other players to create a thriving community.
If you trade through the Auction House, you may end up having a bidding war with fellow players.
Though be careful who you do business with in lawless lands.
Craft wagons to transport large amounts of goods to distant locations.
Set off on a journey through the west or sell a ride to a stranger.
The utility of wagons in the west should not be overlooked.
Fend off crazed miners while mining for riches.
We all hope to strike gold!
Gain experience through your actions in the game and level up your character's stats to become the toughest in the west.
Careful of your actions they will affect your player's morality.
You may become wanted and NPC bounty hunters will be on your tail.
Players may also seek to claim the bounty on your head, if you're an outlaw.
8. Cavern of Time
The Cavern of Time is an RPG/Adventure game where you guide the journey of a young girl, treading into a world of dangerous creatures, mystical skills and long-buried secrets. Can you find the magical locket in this perilous realm and cure your beloved grandmother's illness? Visit the Cavern of Time and find out!
- Completely randomized loot system with over 120 items and over 100 prefixes and suffixes for them, making for almost unlimited combinations.
- Fully written with novel-quality interludes and story line.
- Lots of side quests to complete and skills to learn. Built in achievements track various accomplishments during the game.
- Over 30 different monsters to fight, each with their own strengths, and modifiers for them as well for even more variety.
- High-quality maps, monsters and graphics, along with a lush music score enhance the experience.
- Fully controllable with mouse or keyboard.