The best games like Crypt of the NecroDancer are:
- arrow_rightSteamWorld Dig
- arrow_rightHyper Light Drifter
- arrow_rightDungeon of the Endless
- arrow_rightTowerFall Ascension
- arrow_rightShank 2
- arrow_rightSteam Marines
100 Best Games Like Crypt of the NecroDancer:
Filter by Platform Select a Platformarrow_drop_down
- PC (100)
- Xbox One (20)
- PlayStation 4 (33)
- iOS (48)
- Android (29)
- macOS (84)
- Linux (59)
- Nintendo Switch (41)
- Nintendo 3DS (14)
- Nintendo DS (2)
- Xbox 360 (7)
- Xbox (1)
- PlayStation 3 (8)
- PlayStation 2 (2)
- PlayStation (5)
- PS Vita (12)
- PSP (4)
- Wii U (12)
- Wii (15)
- GameCube (3)
- Game Boy Advance (7)
- Game Boy (4)
- SNES (14)
- NES (13)
- Classic Macintosh (3)
- Apple II (7)
- Commodore / Amiga (29)
- Atari 7800 (1)
- Atari 5200 (3)
- Atari 2600 (2)
- Atari 8-bit (6)
- Atari ST (15)
- Atari Lynx (2)
- Genesis (14)
- SEGA Saturn (2)
- SEGA CD (1)
- SEGA 32X (1)
- SEGA Master System (2)
- Game Gear (2)
- Neo Geo (1)
Broforce is a parody run-and-gun game made in a 2D side-scrolling manner. Players are offered to take control of a Bro – one of the soldiers of the special Broforce unit. Actually, players are going to assume roles of several protagonists (all are Bros) while completing game levels. The main idea is to make a parody of fictional movie heroes of the 80s - 90s. During the levels Bros fight against terrorists in the setting of games of the 80s to rescue other Bros. The gameplay features special combat mechanics: each Bro has two different attacks (first is constant and endless, while the second requires recharging) and a melee weapon to climb the obstacles. However, enemies can be also defeated by using distracting maneuvers. Bros also have special abilities like parkour skill or explosion resistance. The level can be completed only if another Bro is rescued, terrorists with their boss are eliminated, and the American flag is set on the enemies’ base. After each mission, the location explodes and Bros fly away by helicopter.
2. SteamWorld Dig
SteamWorld Dig is an independent platforming action game developed by Image & Form. It is the second installment in the series.
You play as a steam-powered robot named Rusty. He moves to a town of Tubleton after inheriting his uncle's mine. He starts to mine and explore the underground world unraveling the remains of human civilization on his way.
The main objective is to investigate the mines. At the beginning of the game the player is only equipped with a pickaxe, but more and more mining equipment is unlocked as the game progresses. The equipment is also upgradable as the game goes on. The mines are procedurally generated on every playthrough and useful items appear in different places. Collected ores and resources can be sold in a shop outside the mine. There are several underground worlds to explore which feature various enemies.
If the player gets lost in the mine they can either use the ladders that are sold in the store or use the self-destruct button. All collected loot is lost on death but can be picked up again.
3. Hyper Light Drifter
Hyper Light Drifter is a Kickstarter-funded 2D game with a high focus on resource-management and nostalgic vibes. It is the only game of its sort — no Hyper Light Drifter series exists. The title has been initially released for PCs, after half a year it has been ported to the consoles and in 2018 the Switch version сame to life. The developers position their title as a tribute to The Legend of Zelda and Diablo series. Among the sources of inspiration are also Studio Ghibli cartoons.
Hyper Light Drifter follows a story of Drifter, who controls a sword composed of technological achievements not yet known to the world game resembles. The point of the protagonist's adventures is to find a cure to the strange disease no one knows how to heal.
The central Drifter's weapon is an Energy Sword. The resource-management part comes in handy when the player is up to charge their sword and long-ranged weapons: must they not find an energy supply within the world, but should they hit the enemies to gain power from them.
4. Dungeon of the Endless
Dungeon of the Endless is a tower defense game and the third in the series which includes Endless Space and Endless Legend. The game plot is about a prison spaceship which escape pod had crashed in the alien planet. The player controls survivors from that ship, who have to escape the multi-layered structure in the strange planet by taking an energy crystal through several floors filled with angry creatures. There are randomly generated levels in the game in which the player has not only to explore but also to collect resources in order to enable power to various rooms and turrets to divert attention of enemies in order to move the crystal from the starting point of the level into the elevator to the next floor.
In each level of the game the player has to choose two characters who are different in their stats such as health, attack, defense power and movement speed. The player has the option to either control one of two selected characters separately or in tandem.
5. TowerFall Ascension
TowerFall is an indie action-game with focus on local multiplayer. It was initially developed as an exclusive for OUYA microconsole and was later ported on other systems as TowerFall Ascension. The gameplay represents an arcade-style fighting arena where four people combat each other to score points in a series of rounds. There are for several characters to choose from in the game. Every one of them has two main ways of killing opponents: bow and stomping. Every player starts with only 3 arrows which, after being shot, can be picked from the spot where they fell. The player can also jump on each other in retro-platformer style. The arenas exit is connected with exits on the opposite side of the map, so if the player falls down the pit, he immediately appears from the top of the arena. There also several powerups that can be found in treasure chest scattered across the map.
The Ascension version of the game also features single-player mode in which player has to kill waves of enemies on the arena. It has no story whatsoever and is more like a series of challenges with different monsters, powerups and unique peculiarities on locations.
6. Shank 2
The direct sequel to Shank (2010). The main protagonist, Shank, is a former mafia hitman. His home country is taken over by a military coup led by ruthless General Magnus, and Shank has no choice but to fight the regime's militia. There's also a second protagonist, Shank's childhood friend Corina. She can be played in several story missions, as well as in a newly introduced multiplayer survival mode. Corina's abilities are slightly different from that of Shank's, her moves are swifter, however, her attacks deal less damage.
The game is played as a 2D side-scroller. To move forward, Shank and Corina have to defeat all enemies they encounter, using three types of weapons: piercing them with knives, smashing with a club or shooting with a gun. The weapons can be switched on a fly during the action, thus allowing a variety of combos. The gameplay has slightly changed since the original game: blocking is not allowed anymore, and dodging is the only option to evade damage. Like its predecessor, Shank 2 features a somewhat cartoonish visual style, that contrasts the quite bloody and grotesque action scenes.
Armello is a digital role-playing tabletop game developed by an indie Australian studios League of Geeks. It is the debut project of the game.
The game is set in a “dark fairytale” kingdom of Armello, where the anthropomorphic animals from many clans live. The king has gone crazy and is slowly dying because of the dark force named the Rot. The representatives of several factions come to the kingdom's capital to become the new king. Four characters are present at the beginning of the game: Tane the wolf, Amber the rabbit, Mercurio the rat, and Sanah, the bear.
Armello is a digital remake of a traditional fantasy tabletop role-playing game in which there are rolling dice and cards, that allows the players to execute certain actions. The gaming area is divided into hexagonal plates, that contain procedurally generated features like caves, buildings, other characters or pieces of equipment. As the game progresses, the players can buy in-game currency to purchase special abilities using the skill tree, that is unique to every character.
The game uses a turn-based system, where the players can equip new items or acquire new skills while the other players make their turn. The cards and dice are used only when the players directly interact with the in-game world. The players use cards for casting spells, hiring teammates, treating wounds or using the special items that grant temporary abilities.
8. Steam Marines
Steam Marines is a squad based Roguelike set on a steampunk spaceship. It features tactical play focused on positioning and careful use of resources. Built to keep you on your toes as you progress through the decks of your besieged ship while clearing enemies and trying to reach each level's elevator.
Build your marines up into long range or up close death machines, but don't expect any mercy. Death is permanent and fallen marines are gone forever. Finding survivors not guaranteed.
Turn and Squad Based Gameplay
Command up to four marines, each with their own gear, talents, and Action Points. Positioning is critical - even a lone enemy can be lethal! Sight and snipe or funnel enemies into a choke point and blow them up!
- Five marine classes - long range death, shotgun knockback, grenade launchers, all to help the squad
- Four ranks for promotion and talent tree access
- Five perks to further differentiate each marine
- Exoskeleton suits stripped from the hulks of dead enemies - flamethrowers and face punching
- Deck bosses that will challenge you but do not negate the tactics you have learned (no "immunities"!)
The steampunk spaceship is composed of multiple decks you must progress through. Different environments and creatures await, and you'll never know for sure what lies beyond the next corner.
- Five human ship decks with a sixth Alien Deck
- Procedural decks with destructible walls, high/low ground, and tactical variations
- Randomized weapons, armor, and enemy units
Score, Difficulty, and New Game Plus
Get rated on your overall performance. Manage to fight your way past 30 levels of mayhem? New Game Plus offers fresh challenges. Four levels of difficulty with one being for the truly masochistic!
9. Mega Man Legacy Collection / ロックマン クラシックス コレクション
Mega Man Legacy Collection is a celebration of the 8-bit history of Capcom’s iconic Blue Bomber. Featuring faithful reproductions of the series’ origins with the original six Mega Man games, the Legacy Collection will remind long-time fans and introduce newcomers to what made Mega Man such a popular and iconic character. Mega Man Legacy Collection will feature all six games and more!
In addition to the six Mega Man games, Mega Man Legacy Collection features new ways to experience the classic games with the Museum Mode and new Challenge Mode. Challenge Mode remixes gameplay segments from all six games, with plenty of scaling difficulty objectives for experienced players to conquer yet serving as a good starting point for new players, too. Museum Mode contains a comprehensive collection of history, high-res art and original concept pieces – a mega treat for any fan of Mega Man and video game history.
- Six classic games in one – Play a piece of video game history with the original six Mega Man games and experience the origins of the classic series.
- 8-bit style with HD flair – The games retain their retro 8-bit style with an added HD finish, giving a crisp, clean look to the charming, classic sprites.
- Challenge remix mode for new and veteran players – The robust new Challenge Mode remixes gameplay from all six games for a new type of challenge. It provides both increasingly difficult trials for experienced players and also teaches newcomers to become familiar with the style of the games and tackle some of the trickier areas.
- Museum of the era – The Museum Mode features a massive repository of history and art collected from the era of the games in this collection. Take a look back at the history of Mega Man with loads of information, high-res art, concept pieces, sketches and more in the Museum.
- Developed with an all-new engine – Using the newly developed Eclipse Engine, Capcom and Digital Eclipse are able to archive these six pieces of video game history with faithful reproductions of the originals for a new generation of gamers.
- Leaderboards and video replays – Fans will be able to watch video replays of the top players on the leaderboards, showcasing a whole new generation of Mega Man talent!
10. Dungeons of Dredmor
Dungeons of Dredmor combines traditional dungeon crawler with rogue-like mechanics. The player controls the only character who enters a dangerous underground maze to find and defeat the evil Lord Dredmor. As you descend deeper into the ground, the difficulty will grow. Each dungeon is generated randomly with each replay. There are three levels of difficulty, and also an option to turn on the permanent death mechanic. If you choose it, the game will leave you with only one save file to overwrite, and no save-scumming. There’s a traditional turn-based combat system and a variety of melee and ranged attacks, as well as magic. When the characters levels up, the player can improve his or her set of seven skills that can allow, among other things, to craft, disarm traps, use spells or wield more powerful weapons.
The game is played from the overhead point of view on a map divided into square tiles. The visuals are relatively simple, albeit not as minimalistic as traditional ASCII-based rogue-like games. The imagery is quite cartoonish and ironic, which adds to the game’s self-aware dark humor. The main character will complain about his or her fate, and when he or she dies, which is quite often, the game will “congratulate” you for each death.
11. FINAL FANTASY V
Twenty years after the original FINAL FANTASY V released in Japan, the classic RPG has found its way to PC!
Embark on an epic adventure as four heroes are driven together by fate: Bartz and his chocobo companion, Princess Lenna of Castle Tycoon, the mysterious Galuf, and the pirate captain Faris.
The crystals that bring peace and prosperity to the world – earth, water, fire, and wind – have lost their power and are on the verge of destruction.Key Features:Customize characters with an unprecedented degree of freedom with the job and ability system – 26 unique job classes!
Veteran character designer Kazuko Shibuya has returned to recreate the characters and graphics for an enhanced experience!
Updated controls and active-time battle system are optimized for fluid combat for PC.
This new version also includes “The Sealed Temple” from the 2006 release, as well as the Tetsuya Nomura-designed optional boss Enuo, and an extraordinary soundtrack
Includes STEAM trading cards and achievements.
Categories in common with FINAL FANTASY V: Role Playing
12. Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment
Disclaimer: If you own Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove, you will NOT need to purchase Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment separately. This title is included with all versions of Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove.
Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment is the action-packed prequel to Shovel Knight! Take control of Specter Knight, servant to the Enchantress, in a quest to recruit a cadre of knights and create the Order of No Quarter. With his scythe and preternatural agility at the ready, he can glide across the ground, clamber up walls, and command an arsenal of curious weapons.
If he carries out his duties, Specter Knight may have a chance at regaining his lost humanity and breaking his chains of servitude. But what cruel tricks might the Enchantress have up her sleeve?Features:
- Climb walls, leap over gaps, and dispatch enemies with the Dash Slash. Specter Knight’s playstyle brings motion and action to the forefront!
- Collect and upgrade curios to unleash all new special attacks.
- Test your scythe skills with Feats and Challenge Stages featuring boss rematches, platforming challenges, and more!
- Yacht Club Games' beautifully authentic style bridges the gap between yesterday and today. Design, art, and audio hearken back to the days of 8-bit.
- A somber tale told with a light touch to narrative with humor, levity, and heart.
- Awesome soundtrack by Jake "Virt" Kaufman!
- Balanced gameplay is a warm welcome to newcomers, and an old embrace for experts.
- Lovable characters and bosses!
- Take on a new challenge and uncover all of the world's secrets with New Game+!
13. Bionic Dues
Bionic Dues is a futuristic game where you have to prepare your defenses before the rise of the machines.
The game is set somewhere in the future, just a few weeks before a robots' rebellion. Rogue machines are about to wipe out a city of 12 million people. The defenders have only 50 days left to prepare before the final battle begins. The protagonist is a pilot who drives Exos, the game's equivalent of mechas.
The player controls a group of four Exos. Their movements and attacks are turn-based. During the 50-days period, the player has to gather details and HPs to upgrade his or her Exos, explore the map, prepare defenses, and set traps. On the final day, the player's preparations will be tested by the enemy invasion. Preparation is everything in this game. Stealth and tactical use of the environment are also important since Exos often cannot withstand against a horde of enemies in an open battle.
Like many roguelike games, Bionic Dues is unforgiving. It uses trial and error gameplay model so that the player usually has to fail many times before he or she can succeed. However, there are six difficulty levels that make it more tolerable for less experienced players.
Bionic Dues' visuals are minimalistic, cold and "robotic", complete with "mechanical" voices and high-tech unit design. It presents the player with a top-down view of the map that looks almost like a circuit board.
14. Canyon Capers
Canyon Capers is a 2D platformer game.
The main character, DinoJr, is out on a quest of exploring different dungeons, canyons, and caves and hunting for great treasures hidden there. Other characters are unlockable through playing, with their unique traits and different approaches to each level. The levels in the game vary in goals and activities, wherein some there is a time limit to complete the run, while in others the player has to score some points by collecting trophies and defeating enemies.
The game follows a pattern set by the classic retro platformers: the player controls a character who can jump, get rid of enemies by landing on top of them and collect different upgrades. While at that, the game offers different challenges in the form of puzzles to solve and 50 different levels with progressing difficulty. Various types of enemies and dangerous traps await at each map, but the player can restore his progress after dying - the character respawns at the last haven.
Visuals and other features
As mentioned before, the game aims at giving its players the feeling of playing a retro platformer. Thus, the graphics are very cartoon-like, with characters having a simple, yet excellent and loveable design, and the backgrounds and other textures having much detail and work into them. The game also has a variety of achievements to obtain, as well as Steam Marketplace integration with a plethora of Steam Cards awarded for playing the game and completing some achievements.
15. SteamWorld Quest: Hand of Gilgamech
SteamWorld Quest is the roleplaying card game you’ve been waiting for! Lead a party of aspiring heroes through a beautifully hand-drawn world and intense battles using only your wits and a handful of cards. Take on whatever threat comes your way by crafting your own deck choosing from over 100 unique punch-cards!
What awaits you is a luscious treasure chest filled with gold, dragons, vivid worlds, magic, knights in shining armor as well as XP, turn-based battles and all that good RPG stuff! The game’s humorous mix of traditional fantasy and steampunk robots makes for an unforgettable experience with lots of laughs.
16. The Count Lucanor
Join Hans in a fantasy world and experience a unique adventure, full of surprises and challenges. Get hooked on an immersive tale, where every decision counts and every clue is a piece to solve the puzzle and get the treasure. Unravel the sordid secrets of the castle, meet colorful characters, and remember: horror always lurks beneath the surface.
With a retro, halfway-between-8-and-16-bit style and inspired by classic games like The Legend of Zelda, Yume Nikki, Silent Hill or Dark Souls, among others, The Count Lucanor is an amazing mystery and horror adventure set in a fairytale world. The game features important choices, alternative endings, secrets and different ways to solve puzzles. The title is in development for PC, Mac and Linux.
- Exploration: Walk the Tenebre Castle and place candles on the ground to light up your path.
- Conversation: Talk to NPCs to get important clues and unravel the mystery of the Count Lucanor.
- Choices: Your actions change the course of story, with five different endings and several subplots.
- Stealth: Hide under tables and behind curtains to go undetected.
- Puzzles: Use the items you found wisely in order to progress.
- Skill: Avoid traps and enemies in the castle by anticipating them.
Once upon a time, there was a poor boy named Hans who lived with his mother near the woods. On his birthday, the boy had no presents nor sweets. He got so upset he decided to leave home for good. Before he left, his mother gave him his grandfather's cane, some cheese and three pieces of gold. Hans walked into the forest in search of adventure. Soon it was night and the boy was really scared, so he tried to go back. But then, a quaint kobold happened to cross his path and Hans decided to follow him to a castle. The kobold told him he would inherit great wealth if he passed a simple trial... guessing his name. Trapped in the castle, Hans will live a spooky mystery, fantasy and horror adventure to become the new Count Lucanor.
We’ve hired the greatest composer of all time - Johann Sebastian Bach - to create a soundtrack that will remain etched in your mind forever. Using chiptune tools, we’ve transformed a series of hidden gems of the author to create unique soundscapes for our tale.
TIME Magazine Top 10 Games of 2016
"Usually I can say what a game IS and be done, but it's hard to figure out what Crashlands ISN'T. It's a funny, crafty, fighty, jumpy, makey, adventurey, type... thing. I think they started making a cool game and just couldn't stop. " - Tycho, Penny Arcade
Craft, battle, and quest your way through Crashlands, a story-driven Crafting ARPG overflowing with sass!
Become Flux Dabes, a galactic trucker whose latest shipment gets derailed by a chin-strapped alien menace named Hewgodooko, leaving you stranded on an alien planet. As you hustle to retrieve your packages you’ll become enmeshed in a nefarious plot of world domination, which will require all of your wits and both of your glutes to overcome. Learn recipes from the local sentient life, make new friends, uncover ancient secrets and deadly bosses, tame everything and build yourself a home-away-from-home as you learn to thrive on planet Woanope.Key FeaturesExpansive Crafting System
Unlock over 500 craftable items as you explore the world and learn its secrets!
Self-managing, Infinite Inventory
In Crashlands, your inventory is infinite, manages itself, and retrieves your tools when you need them, so you can focus on adventuring, questing, and building. You'll never have dig through your bag or return to your base to free up inventory space!
RPG-Style Character Progression
Become more powerful through creating ever-more-amazing items! As you grow in power, you can venture to new regions of the world, meet strange characters, discover new stories, and encounter new and interesting enemies.
Learn the attacks of the enemies you encounter, and use your skill, agility, and wits to defeat them! You can even augment your fighting prowess with the power of the dozens of gadgets you can craft. Set your enemies on fire, stun them, slow down time, and more!
Intuitive Base Building
Building a base in Crashlands is so simple it feels like fingerpainting. You can create beautiful, sprawling bases in minutes!
Every creature in Crashlands can become a trusty combat sidekick. Find an egg, incubate it, and hatch your very own adorable or hideous bundle of joy. You can even craft special items to grow and empower them!
Huge World... with Huge Problems
Four sentient races, three continents, an epic bid for the future of the planet, and you - trapped in the middle, trying to deliver your freakin' packages. Take your time to dive into the sidestories of the characters you meet or just rush headlong into making that special delivery. With hundreds upon hundreds of quests, there's a lot to do and discover on planet Woanope!
Don't want the fun to stop? Crashlands is also available on mobile - the exact same game, with your cloud-synced progress - so you never have to stop!
18. BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend
Several years after the end of the Second War, multiple branches of the Librarium reputed to command a force as powerful as an entire nation’s army were suddenly and utterly destroyed. Inexplicably, the hidden cauldrons within each branch were also completely decimated. The few survivors spoke in hushed, shaken tones of a single man who had
appeared out of nowhere, cutting down all in his path.
Main Game Features
Expanded Character Roster: In addition to the downloadable characters offered for the previous entry in the series (Makoto, Valkenhyn, and Platinum the Trinity), EXTEND introduces Relius Clover, the mad puppeteer and Carl's father, as a playable character. Master a whole new way of fighting with Relius as he uses his marionette, Ignis, to turn the tide of battle.
Enhanced Story Mode: Relive and rediscover the events that took place in BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger or venture forth into one of four all new story scenarios!
New and Revised Game Modes: Take on the strongest of foes in Unlimited Mars Mode or fight your way to the bottom of Abyss Mode!
Fully Revised Combat System: All characters, new and old, have been thoroughly rebalanced and armed with all new strategies and combos to take your game to the top!
Improved Online Multiplayer: Battle it out in BlazBlue’s acclaimed online mode with all new multiplayer features, such as online team battles!
19. Dungeon Souls
Dungeon Souls is an action-adventure roguelike dungeon crawler.
Each level is completely procedurally generated so every playthrough is guaranteed to have unique environments and encounters. Search for and activate all the marks placed in each level to unlock the dungeon portal and escape from the Redeemer. Scavenge various items and upgrades to counter the dungeon's dark forces and challenging bosses. You must survive. Hurry.
Dungeon Souls was inspired by Nuclear Throne, Risk of Rain, Overture, BitVenture and Shoot First.
- Harness the powerful abilities of 10 unique characters
- Explore a plethora of different environments including dark dungeons, sewers and cathedrals
- Immerse yourself with deep character progression and permanent skill upgrades
- Experiment with 50+ unique passive items - Speed boosts, damage buffs, lifesteal bonuses...
- Battle hordes of dynamic enemies and challenging bosses hell-bent on destroying you
20. Desktop Dungeons
FREE GAME UPDATE! Desktop Dungeons: Enhanced Edition. More ways to die horribly in 10 minutes or less. The award winning quick-play puzzle roguelike is now packed with new content, new classes and a new way to play: Compete against your friends in the seeded Daily Dungeon!
- The perfect coffee-break game for genius tacticians and chilled clickers alike:
- Fight your way through fantasy dungeons in 10 minutes or less. We’re busy people too.
- Prize-winning game design awesomeness (13th Annual IGF Awards)
- Classic roguelike play re-imagined as a unique single-screen puzzle game sort of thing! Reviewers have a hard time with genres.
- Explore unrevealed terrain to regain health and mana. Game hook!
- 6 hours of gameplay? Try 6 billion... You can (and will) play Desktop Dungeons for the rest of your life.
- Randomly generated dungeons are different every time you play. Build your Kingdom to unlock hordes of new classes, races and challenges.
- Daily Dungeon allows you to compete against your Steam friends!
- Amazing soundtrack by the improbably astounding team of Danny Baranowsky and Grant Kirkhope.
21. Bleed 2
Bleed 2 is a relentless arcade action game featuring air-dodging, bullet-reflecting, and tons of bosses.
Wryn is the world's greatest (and only remaining) hero. Help her battle an invading force of villains and live up to her title as the Greatest Hero of All Time!
Featuring an original soundtrack by Jukio Kallio and sound design by Joonas Turner!Key Features:
- 7 levels containing over 25 boss fights
- Unique controls let you shoot, dodge, reflect bullets and slow time all at once
- 4 difficulty levels that remix enemy placement and boss patterns
- Unlockable weapons, characters and abilities
- Arcade Mode: Tackle the game on one life to compete for leaderboard glory
- 2-player local co-op for all modes (requires at least one gamepad)
22. Dungelot: Shattered Lands
Dungelot: Shattered Lands takes you on an epic roguelike dungeon-crawler adventure to defeat zombie cows, splat giant evil mushrooms, and generally get back home in one piece. Deceptively simple, ever so addictive.
- Three worlds to explore with endless modes unlocking after each one
- 4 Characters to upgrade, each with distinctive play styles
- 18 Dungeons to fight through
- Mini games to uncover, side-quests to undertake
- Bosses to fight, merchants to trade with, and secrets to uncover
Developed by Red Winter, a two man studio based in Russia, Dungelot: Shattered Lands is the third part in the popular series, and tasked the player with traversing randomly-generated dungeons, smashing enemies in the face and hunting for the keys that will allow you to venture even further. Dungelot originally became a cult hit thanks to its addictive "just one more go" feel, and with Shattered Lands, the Dungelot formula has now been fully realized.
Dungelot: Shattered Lands will feature dozens of hours of content, with three worlds to explore, hundreds of items, spells and enemies, and epic boss battles that will burn your face off.
Bring civilization to Sproggiwood, a story-driven, turn-based roguelike set in a humorous world inspired by Finnish mythology. Grow your civilization and plunder procedural dungeons with six unique classes. Outsmart mischievous monsters who work together in unexpected ways. No two dungeon dives are alike.StoryYou’re a simple farmer from the peaceful island of Clog. One moment, you're tending your grove -- the next, you’re lured through a mysterious portal by a talking sheep. Now you’re the prisoner of Sproggi, a mischievous forest spirit who's built a whole village just for you. You have a simple job: tame the wild creatures that roam the forests of Sproggi's realm...
Watch Sproggi's plans go awry when you discover a rival civilization on the rise to greatness. Will you choose to befriend these curious Mushroom people and stand together, or will you crush them and claim Sproggiwood for your own? Seize the day and civilize Sproggiwood now!GameplaySproggiwood distills the roguelike genre down to its core fun ingredients: inspired character classes, loads of interesting loot, and procedurally populated dungeons with monsters and traps that combine to produce totally unique tactical challenges. In Sproggiwood, adventure sessions are compact and chock-full of interesting choices for you to make. Each dungeon dive follows the heroic rise of one adventurer from your civilization. Journey through teeming forests, haunted swamps, teetering cliffs, and glacial mazes to uncover your civilization's whole story.Features
- A wondrous and humorous setting inspired by Finnish mythology
- Brain-churning tactical combat vs. an assortment of creative monsters and traps
- Six fully unique, customizable classes: simple farmer, brave warrior, merry archer, cunning thief, brainy wizard, and creepy vampire
- Procedural dungeons filled to the brim with scrolls, potions, swords, and staves
- Town decoration mode with buildings, trees, roads, and villagers
24. Tower 57
The tower awaits.
In a dystopian, dieselpunk world, where Megatowers are the only enclaves of civilization, a group of extraordinary individuals is sent to infiltrate the reclusive Tower 57. Their skills, clips' capacity & the ability to cooperate will decide on their fate.
Tower 57 is a top-down twin stick shooter with 16-bit inspired pixel art, destructible environments and heavy focus on co-op. It is also a modern take on what made AMIGA games so great back in the days.FAST-PACED ARCADE GAMEPLAY
There is no school like the old school. Shoot everything that moves and don’t get killed in the process. Tower 57 offers complex situations arising from simple systems interacting with each other - and it does it the hard way. Number of lives is scarce, respawns limited and difficulty skyrockets when you least expect it.TOOLS OF DESTRUCTION
Choose from a roster of six particular characters with different skillsets, number of upgradable weapons and gadgets. And if you happen to lose an arm or leg during your mission - you can always replace it with a new, better one! Master these combos and you will never get bored on your way to the top of the Tower 57.COOPERATION
Mayhem tastes the best when it is shared. Tower 57's main campaign is designed for both, single player & local/online co-op. Flank your enemies, bait them into an ambush, leverage co-op specific weapons, or combine your regular weapons for increased firepower and new effects!DIESELPUNK WORLD
Find your way through a maze of floors connected by elevators, a central hub filled with shops and terminals, and a multitude of secret walls and uncharted passageways leading to forgotten parts of the tower. Times of randomly generated levels are gone - everything in Tower 57 is carefully designed and pixel-crafted with the highest attention to detail.DESTRUCTIBLE ENVIRONMENTS
Smash them, crash them and destroy everything. Reload. Repeat. Because everyone likes when things go BOOM. Everything - from debris and shell casings to bloody footprints - will mark your destructive trail through the Tower.ADVERSARIES
Each enemy features its own distinct spawning mechanism, movement & attack patterns, as well as some weaknesses. And you'd better learn those vulnerabilities if you don't want to end up dead very quick.
25. Dungeon Rushers
Dungeon Rushers is a 2D tactical RPG combining dungeon crawler’s gameplay and turn based fights. Manage your team, loot dusty dungeons, crush armies of monsters and craft mighty equipment. Be part of an epic adventure with a colorful cast of characters in an off-beat universe. Build your own dungeon and challenge other players!The Game:
Over the course of an epic quest, explore many dungeons and loot their guarded treasures. Build your own team by choosing the best hero combination to overcome traps and monsters lurking in the shadows.
Upgrade the skills of your heroes to make them even more fearsome and place them strategically to achieve victory.
Craft your equipment on your own with components gathered during your journey thanks to an advanced system consisting of six different craftsmen.
Complete dungeons and their bonus challenges to unlock the Heroic difficulty, where only the best can make their way to the treasure!
Build your own dungeon in which you can spread traps and monsters to prevent other adventurers from looting your chest! Hire your « dream team » by exploring a world where dungeons and manors have been abandoned by men in favor of the worst creatures, then attack other players' dungeons to plunder their treasure!Heroes: Features:
- Campaign mode full of humor with various sound and graphic environments
- Interactive exploration system
- Revised turn based fights with a hint of nostalgia
- Advanced team management (equipment, skills upgrade, in-fight position, ...)
- Wide range of skills to use (scout, heals, dodge, trap deactivation, monsters stalking)
- Crafting system featuring many recipes to unlock
- High replay value with a Heroic difficulty for each dungeon
- Online arena system with matchmaking and ranking
- Battles among friends, to die against people you love
- Epic custom-made soundtrack
26. Shut Up And Dig
Shut Up And Dig is an exciting 2-d roguelike game made in fantasy theme. The main hero is an elf-girl, who is exploring the mysterious worlds of haunted dungeons.
All the elements of the magic world of this game is connected with each other. The terrifying world you have to explore is full of powerful artefacts, secrets, demons, monsters and ghosts.
• Presently, the first world of the game is completed : it's around 10hrs gameplay
• The game will have 5 absolutely different and also randomly generated worlds and more than 10 secret worlds. Every world has its own design, music and gameplay.
• During the game you will meet great amount of bosses.
• All the elements in this magic world interact with each other.
• The dangerous underworld you will explore is full of powerful artifacts, secrets, demons, monsters and ghosts.
• Every game will be unique. Get ready to survive in this dark and doomed world.
• The process of finding the artifacts and special tools is very interesting; you have to solve difficult puzzles.
27. Wanderlust: Rebirth
Wanderlust: Rebirth is an online four player co-op arcade-action RPG set in the fantasy world, Valandria. The heroes are summoned to Westhaven Arena to prove their worth as heroes of old legend. However, things are not as transparent as they first appear, when our heroes are unknowingly set upon a trek to save mankind from an ominous end. Band together with your fellow brethren to conquer and change the course of destiny.
Take control of one of four character classes, each with a distinctive play style, and use your abilities with finesse along side the other heroes to gain high-scores and legendary items. Band together and plan your assault, for the minions of the underworld fear no blade, and only in Epic mode will the true heroines rise victorious.
Unlock The Crawl survival game-mode to earn Tokens like a boss, and try your odds with the Luck Box, as you spin the slots for glorious loot or daring challenges.Key Features:
- Story and survival modes for both Single and Co-operative play
- Competitive game modes featuring 8 players (4 vs 4)
- Over 65 awards and 30 Steam achievements to earn
- 4 uniquely crafted character classes to advance through teamwork and efficiency
- Unique Inventory/Crafting system
- In-depth Artificial Intelligence
- 3 difficulty modes and 3 different endings
- 44 different enemies and 15 intense boss battles
- ...and over 5 years in the making, so you know it is DAMN good!
28. 99 Levels To Hell
99 Levels to Hell is a platform shooter with lots of guns, upgrades, magic, traps and monsters to kill.
99 Levels to Hell is a rogue-like, which means surviving is key and every time you play you get a new set of levels to play.
When you complete 10 levels, the 10th being a boss-fight you unlock a door to the next dungeon.
Hidden in the darkness of the dungeons are shops, casinos and elevators. And if you search the dungeons carefully, you might find secret rooms that unlock more of the story, and free new adventurers, you can play as in your next game.
But best of all you get to kill the devil to a killer metal soundtrack!
- 10 different dungeons.
- 10 bossfights.
- 100 levels that spawn at random.
- 25+ monsters.
- 50+ powers ups and weapons.
- Shops, portals, casinos and elevators.
- Unlock the story of two brothers
- And blood, a lot of blood.
Platformines is a unique 2D platformer packed with exploration, RPG and shooter elements, set in a vast 16-bit underground world. In their quest to rebuild their spaceship, players will embark on a journey to discover the mysteries of a gigantic complex of mines. Deadly enemies, traps and treasures are just a few to mention from what players will encounter while trying to escape from the hostile world. Customise your character, master all difficulty levels and literally jump to the top of the leaderboards to prove your skills!Limitless Gameplay:
- An infinite number of randomly generated worlds to explore each one with its own configuration of traps and enemies!
- Unstoppable old-school action with 3 different difficulty levels to master!
- Discover hidden chests or just…loot your enemies in order to get tons of items and upgrades!
- Build your character choosing from countless customization options
- Additional in-game fancy items, like hats & wigs, for even further customisation
- Retro gaming experience with 16-bit graphics & reinvented classical music
- Simple classic mechanics for immediate fun; jump and slash!
- Prove your skills and climb to the top of the leaderboards!
30. Blueprint Tycoon
Build your settlement, gather goods, ensure maximum efficiency and make a profit!
In Blueprint Tycoon you are tasked with running a settlement by gathering raw materials and crafting them into complex goods to be supplied to your contractor for a profit.
Create your own Blueprints for each Crafter/Harvester using multiple Workers with a multitude of Tools and try to create the most productive Blueprints.
Profit margins are razor thin so you must focus on ensuring peak efficiency at every point of your supply chain, if something breaks you must be swift in managing your cash flow before your treasury runs out and you face the wrath of unpaid Workers!
- Plan your Island for maximum efficiency
- Hire workers and keep them happy, fed and most importantly, paid
- Colonize other Islands and set up trading routes
- Research new products to supply more profitable contracts
- Maximize productivity by creating your own Blueprints
- Manage your supply chain and keep everything working at peak efficiency
- Optimize your contracts for maximum profit!
31. Strikey Sisters
- You need at least one gamepad in order to play the local 2 player co-op mode!THE GAME
Say hello to a fantasy themed action arcade brick breaker! Featuring cute characters, silly humor, powerful magic, crazy bosses, and even local 2 player co-op mode!FEATURES
- Action focused brick breaker game!
- Local 2 player co-op mode (one gamepad needed).
- Three difficulty modes.
- Travel the world map in the order you want.
- Useful player and ball power-ups... Oh, and several magic attacks!
- Highly replayable! Uncover all the map, collect gems, unlock secret stages and complete the bestiary!
- Polished and colorful pixel art visuals.
- Catchy 90's synth-fantasy soundtrack.
A game by DYA Games.
32. Warspear Online
Opposition between two mighty Alliances is growing! You will have to choose your side in this war, level up your character and Guild, solve the mysteries of a huge open world, fight enemies, learn skills and work on you combat tactics, participate in tournaments, get or craft unique gear and explore dungeons.
Massive PvP battles
Warspear Online welcomes all fans of ruthless and almost unlimited PvP. The game offers plenty of places and possibilities to prove your fighting skills, but the most intense battles take place on Irselnort. Capturing enemy camps, defending your own ones and harsh clashes between hundreds of players - what can be better? Only massive battles between Guilds for the right to have your own Castle.Unique system of crafting and improving items
Apart from boss killing, Dungeon examining and trading, there is one more way of getting weapons and gear in the game. You can create various items all by yourself, as well as improve them with the help of runes, crystals and empower spheres, thus increasing different characteristics. The best items are those done with your own hands.Entertaining storyline and rich history
Pixelart faces cannot entirely express all feelings about what happens in Arinar, but the world is still on the edge of destruction and it needs saving. You can become the part of this world and witness the events that change its fate.
History of the world
Arinar is the world of magic created quite a long time ago. At that time, there was the Spear rising over the whole world symbolizing the mixture of balance and order. The war that began many centuries after this put Arinar on the edge of destruction. Elves and people sweared to protect the balance, but failed to do this in combat with barbarians and undead. The Spear was destroyed, which ended with an apocalypse forcing both sides to ground arms. But the time has passed, and four peoples are ready again to start the war for the right to create a new War Spear and determine the fate of Arinar.
2 Alliances and 4 races: Firstborn and Chosen against Mountain Clans and Forsaken
16 classes with unique skills
zones for open PvP, battles between Alliances, castles capturing, Arena, friendly fights
Guilds, tournaments, holidays, trading with other players
1500+ storyline and hundreds of everyday quests
Thousands of monsters and bosses for PvE
8 craft professions
Customization: outfits, decorative skins, hairstyles
100+ expert skills for creating your own builds
Personal achievements with unique rewards, Top 1000 rating
THE ULTIMATE SPELLCRAFTING/WIZARD-SECURITY-GUARD ADVENTURE
Magicmaker is a spellcrafting-focused platformer dungeon-crawler where you can be the wizard you've always wanted to be!Literally 2 Million Different Spells to CraftMagicmaker is powered by an amazing Spellcrafting system that can make nearly anything. Have you ever wanted to shoot poisonous lightning lasers? Throw freezing fireballs? Build turrets that fire waves of miniature suns? Or summon hordes of adorable jelly minions? How about firing lasers that shoot exploding black holes that suck out your enemies' life force? You can totally do that in Magicmaker.How Do I Make Exploding Laser Black Holes That Steal Souls?Or any of that other sweet stuff?!
Its super easy.
- During your adventure you'll find materials.
- Each material has a specific effect, like lifesteal, bouncing off walls, or lighting stuff on fire.
- Combine materials to make spells and robes!
- 40 different materials means there's all kinds of fun interactions and combinations to make.
What kind of wizard will you be? Probably a really cool one, I bet.The Greatest Adventure of All: Steady EmploymentListen: you're unemployed, you're three months late with the 8999 magic-dollar rent on your wizard apartment, and your highest qualification is a certificate from a 3 week cheesemaking course. If you can't find a job soon, your landlord's gonna kick you out and you'll probably have to go live in a tree or something. But don't worry too much! The World of Magic presents all kinds of opportunities, as long as you're willing to journey to the local temp agency and take whatever career the job placement spell picks for you. And you lucky soul, the job placement spell has decided you'll make an excellent Security Guard!
"A Security Guard??"
That's right! A Security Guard for the illustrious Dörwall Community College, the preeminent wizarding school of the greater Dörwall metropolitan area! Now you can enjoy the many luxuries of employment, such as a magical adventures, the quiet disdain of your co-workers, and a semi-regular paycheck!LOOK AT ALL THESE BULLETPOINTSYa'll love bulletpoints, don't ya? Well feast your eyes on these:
- Spellcrafting System that can create over 2 million combinations! I know I said that earlier, but hot dang, that's a huge number.
- Robecrafting System for passive effects! That's right, there's 2 million unique combinations here too.
- Equip special artifacts with unique powers! Check out these totes ancient and mystical relics.
- Total Wizard Customization! Just go ahead and customize the heck out of your wizard. Totally.
- Randomly Generated Levels! I mean, this is an indie game in 2014. Isn't that kind of required now?
- Charming, colorful paper-craftesque art! There are at least 6 different colors. I counted.
. . .
Okay, I lied. There's actually 2,193,360 different combinations.
Solitairica takes RPG combat and challenging roguelike progression to a fresh new place—the world of solitaire!
Gather your weapons and prepare to battle the armies of Stuck. In the land of Myrriod, all of the hearts have been stolen by the horrible Emperor Stuck, and you are the latest warrior brave enough to try to return them, saving the world from total heartless destruction!
With the guidance of the great Kismet who will teach you the power of solitaire and the four great energies—attack, defense, agility and willpower—to battle your enemies... you could finally be the one to save the realm.
Each player’s journey will be a unique challenge, with a horde of ever-changing enemies and a wide variety of items and spells to explore. Battle your enemies with brute force, or cleverly constructed builds with devastating combos, and defeat the Emperor Stuck!
- Introducing a brand new turn based solitaire combat system.
- Procedural enemies that combine hilarious and dangerous traits for endless variety.
- Heaps of items and scores of spells to combine. Millions of builds to try!
- Challenging and dynamic roguelike progression.
- Four great energies to master: attack (destroy cards), defense (counter and armor), agility (peeking and quickness) and willpower (healing and the arcane).
- Collect wildstone each journey to unlock perks and new classes which change the way you play.
- Deck upgrades include Ace, King and Queen cards which provide powerful boosts during battle.
35. Labyrinth of Refrain: Coven of Dusk
Become the living book, Tractatus de Monstrum, and command a brigade of puppet soldiers as you navigate the twisting passageways of the Labyrinth of Refrain.
When at your base, prepare for your journey by upgrading your brigade! Create new puppet soldiers, assign them different squads and formations, synthesize better equipment, take requests from townsfolk, and get assistance from Dronya in the form of Witch Petitions.
Once you've entered the labyrinth, be sure to search every nook and cranny as you jump over barricades, solve puzzles, and smash your way through walls to delve further and further downward in search of treasure and rare artifacts. But be careful, the more riches you obtain, the more vicious the dungeon becomes. Can you survive long enough to bring your haul back?
Fight past terrifying monsters by giving orders to your puppet brigade. Change their formation, use special skills, or call for an all-out attack! The battles you face will be challenging, so your success depends on your preparation and your strategy.KEY FEATURESA Massive MazeDive into the miasma-filled labyrinth as the Tractatus de Monstrum along with your brigade of puppet soldiers to smite monsters and uncover dark secrets.Fast-Paced Combat!Strange creatures and traps of all sorts will stand in your path as you go deeper in the maze. Give orders to your army and crush them with special skills!Build an Undefeatable ArmyCreate your very own puppet soldiers, grant them a variety of different roles, and assign them to specialized squads to make your own unique brigade!
36. Spaceship Looter
What happens to the ship when the crew dies? It just dangles around the Universe together with other space debris and becomes home for aliens.
Almost always such ships are full of valuable cargo any mercenary can take. The terms are as simple as that: you bring the ship to the new owner and all the cargo is yours.
The point is not to join the dead members of the crew...
Spaceship Looter is an action roguelike game, where mercenaries of all stripes rob drifting schooner, lost transtport ships and abandoned military cruisers - all what is filled with tons of valuable loot and hidden in the deep space.
Each ship is randomly generated and filled with heavily armed enemies prowling in search of prey. Buy new guns, upgrade abilities of the heroes, buy antiques, fight, and be sure - the booty will be yours!
- High difficulty
- 7 spaceships
- Interaction with the mechanisms
- Randomly generated levels
- Interesting quests
- Juicy decoration
- Full support of controllersPreviewsHardcore Gamer:
"Loot ships, get better toys, loot more ships, repeat. Nicely explode-y with a whole lot of bullets going on"Help translating the gameIf you know Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Romanian and Spanish then you can help!
Spaceship Looter Translation Sheet
37. Adventures of Pip
Adventures of Pip revitalizes the classic side-scrolling action platform genre. Pip -- the ultimate digital underdog – is a lowly single pixel in a 32-bit world who proves that you can’t judge a hero by the fidelity of his shaders. During the game, Pip gains the ability to evolve and grow by absorbing pixels from his fallen foes. Those same pixels can then be used to blast through environment puzzles and enemies, devolving Pip back to a single pixel. Players will explore five stylized worlds and experience up to 10 hours of epic adventure saving Pip’s village from the evil Queen DeRezzia.
Inspired by classic platformers, Adventures of Pip basks in a world where players can defeat a huge 32-bit boss as a single pixel or even as an 8-bit character.
With three different forms, evolve and devolve Pip to solve puzzles and defeat enemies; each with their own weakness and strength that must be unraveled throughout the campaign.
The Bit Stream is the life force that fuels Pixel Kingdom. The One who taps its power can forge the Kingdom's destiny.
Pip is only one pixel in a world full of 32-bit characters, yet he is the only one brave enough to face the Queen DeRezzia and rescue the kidnapped princess.
Moved by his plight, the ghost knight, Sir Elwyn, bestowed upon Pip the power to harness the Bit Stream. With the ability to absorb his enemy’s pixels, Pip can transform into a hi-fidelity hero! But be aware! With each evolution not only will you gain skills but some will be lost.
38. Shooting Stars!
Shooting Stars is a refreshing colorful and funny take on the classic arcade shoot'em up, bullet hell, shmup, space invader like, whatever you want to call it – but finally, with evil aliens disguised as superstars, cats and rainbow lazers. Superstars like Justin Belieber, PewDerPie, Kanye East, Han so low and many more.
Did you just say rainbow lazers? Yes! Rainbow freakin’ lazers!
Shooting Stars has over 50 stunning ultimate weapons and items to collect. Every item will completely change the way you play. Don’t be afraid to use attacks like Clone Warriors, Freedom Sheeps, a Ro-Cat launcher, the Disco of Doom and so much more. Every game you play will be completely different. And the best part is, pay once – play forever!
Save planet earth in various game modes. Challenge your friends with daily generated levels or go at it alone in the rogue like Card Hunt mode.
Shooting Stars is the complete package of quirky internet awesomeness and shoot‘em up retro feeling.
* over 20 “celebrity” bosses and 16 beautiful collectible cards
* challenge your friends in a global and daily highscore battle
* collect up to 50 amazing ultimate attacks and superfoods
* two different game modes
* weird and funny satire on pop culture
* every game will be totally different
* ride a freakin’ hoverboard
* Rainbow Unicorn Approved
39. Tomb of Tyrants
The Hook:Claim and defend the titular Tomb against waves of greedy adventurers by matching tiles to construct and fill your deadly dungeon with traps, minions, and more! In an unorthodox blend of Tetris and Dungeon Keeper, clearing tiles rewards you with resources and space for vertical expansion, putting distance and dangers between invading hero-types and your squishy Tyrant.The Rundown:
- A unique blend of tower-defense strategy, simulation, RPG, and puzzling!
- Slick, simple, and frenetic matching mechanics, where reflexes and planning are both rewarded!
- Lovingly pixeled characters, settings, and items!
- Single-sitting sessions with long-term unlocks, gradually taking your game from newbie-friendly to deep and cerebral!
- Tons of diverse floors, items, minions, heroes, and more, to discover and exploit--And more to come!
- Tactically emergent gameplay, spawning new strategies and builds as your game evolves!
- Frequent updates and direct responses to player feedback!
40. Super Turbo Demon Busters!
UBER-FASTRapid and unforgiving gameplay where you will run away from hazards and combat monsters.TURBO-RANDOMEvery level is generated, every situation is unique.SUPER-DEEPA plenty of heroes to lead and tons of weapons to fire.SPEEDRUN MODEIdeal for Twitch&Youtube!
So, your beloved superiors have just landed you, by mistake, on a home world of every monster, virus and hazard in our galaxy. Time is running out before you either burn or, worse, become one of them. Lead a squad of hardcore space marines and mercenaries through hell made by the devoted fans of DOOM and ALIEN.
41. Super Star Path
puzzle meets space shoot'em up action! Hop into your spaceship, open a path through huge waves of aliens and other hazards, and face intense boss battles!FEATURES
- Three difficulty modes.
- Randomized color puzzle stages.
- Intense shoot'em up boss fights.
- Unlock, buy and upgrade new ships.
- Unlockable Boss Rush mode.
- Colorful and polished pixel art graphics.
- Arcade-like FM synth soundtrack.
A game by DYA Games.
Stellatum is a new exciting scroll shooter.
Setup your battle ship with guns, install faster engine, reactor that is more powerful and throw a barrage of rockets on hordes of enemy ships, burning everything in your path.
Win opponents alone or with friends in a cooperative game of up to 4 players.
You are playing for an extraterrestrial race that has just become ready to conquer outer space.
Whole story begins with the fact that you are going to destroy a comet that threatens your planet. An unforeseen event happened that dragged you into the midst of the battles. But everything may not be what it seems.
Every element in the game was made with individual approach, polished to the smallest detail.
Excellent graphics drawing, visual effects, music and sound effects - all this is perfectly harmonized in its special style and atmosphere of the game.
Guns in game are represented not only by a variety of shooting methods, they are also essential parts of your ship, changing the look of your ship throughout the campaign. In each mission you will discover new weapons, engines and other items for your ship.
Main campaign includes 80 missions, divided into different locations, in which you will meet several different opponents races and strong bosses.
Super weapons are presented in the form of systems, they are divided into combat and support systems that are powered by the reactor you have installed.
Combat systems will incinerate your opponents, and support systems will support you and your partner in a multiplayer game.
• Excellent graphics
• Ship designing
• A lot of different guns
• Many types of opponents
• Multiple levels
• Co-operative game for up to 4 players
Inspired by the Italian crime flicks of the '70s revered by Quentin Tarantino, Milanoir is a pixel-packed action game set in the violent city of Milan. Come meet Piero, a convict suddenly released from prison looking for revenge over the man who framed him. Hunt for the truth and escape the ones who are chasing you through an unforgiving city. Someone wants you dead: you have to use all your toughness to survive. Shoot, choke, sneak your way through the enemies and engage them in breathtaking car chases.Features
- CRIME & VIOLENCE: A sordid story of betrayal and greediness. A homage to the Italian masterpiece crime movies of the '70s such as Caliber 9 and Almost Human. Stay alive, trust no one...
- FUNKY '70S SOUNDTRACK & AMAZING PIXEL ART GRAPHICS: Enjoy the streets of Milan from a new, high-quality pixelated perspective! Immerse yourself in a groovy '70s atmosphere!
- ARENA MODE: There's no escape from death, but more killings means more time…
- 2P LOCAL COOP MODE: The Guy in Blue joins the Guy in Red to face a common enemy.
44. To Hell with Hell
Apocalypse has arrived. And you are going to hell. Not because Natasia has been a bad girl, which she has been for sure. But because Asmodius, ruler of hell himself is calling. And he needs your help, as he got locked away by his enemies. There’s only one credo now: To hell with hell and the gruesome creatures it spit out! To Hell with Hell throws you, the last loyal child of Asmodius into a fight you can hardly win. In a classic Bullet Hell rogue-like crawler with unicorns and bananas you’ll survive deadly traps and fight dozens and dozens of mad demonic enemies.
It’s Showtime: Are you going to despair, because you are just a mortal weakling, a common human being? Well, that ain’t a Problem! Take a mask and become whomever you want to be. You can transform into a Knight, a Demon or even a Clown - the choice shall be yours. In “To Hell with Hell” masks define your skills and you can combine them as you want.
Chose. Your. Weapon: To shovel or to mortar, that's the question here. End the lives of your enemies your way. Take your Sword or your Pumpgun - it is up to you. How will you defeat the demonic mobs? Slice them, blast them - make it their worst day in hell!
Hell is not the end of the road: Wait until hell has frozen over? That’s indeed a possibility here, cause there are more places than the heated home of the demons. And once you’ve reached the frosty caves, your journey will be far from over!
45. Dungeon Warfare 2
Dungeon Warfare 2 is the definitive sequel to Dungeon Warfare, a challenging tower defense strategy game where you become a dungeon lord to defend your dungeons with the deadliest of traps and insidious contraptions against greedy adventurers and wannabe heroes.Game Features
- Physics-enabled tower defense mayhem
- 32 unique traps with 8 unique traits for each trap
- More than 30 unique enemies, each with a special trait
- More than 60 handcrafted levels + an infinite number of procedurally generated dungeons
- 5+ boss battles
- Progression with experience providing passive upgrades for the traps as well as skill points
- Three skill trees with 11 skills on each tree
- Equipment system with more than 30 unique items
- Mix your own difficulty by combining difficulty mode runes for more challenge & reward
- Endless mode
- Environmental Hazards
Kill your enemies, possess their bodies, and take their abilities as your own in this turn-based procedurally generated death labyrinth. You play as the imp, the weakest monster in the dungeon. Tired of being bullied by the other monsters, you set off with your sidekick Mid to descend to the deepest levels of the dungeon, defeat the final boss, and take his place.
MidBoss is easy to pick up and play if you're new to the genre of traditional roguelikes (turn-based strategic RPGs with permadeath), but still has the depth and complexity that veterans expect and enjoy.
- Possess your enemy and gain their strengths and skills with over 60 unique abilities to discover and learn.
- Permanent death, if you die your save is gone!
- Randomized potions every game. Who knows what's in these mystery bottles! (optional)
- Traps as well as unidentified and cursed items.
- Dynamic music system that ups the musical excitement when enemies are about.
- Quick Play mode for shorter, more condensed play sessions.
- Custom Games so you can play the game exactly the way you want to.
- Shareable death cards document your run and how it ended. Load these in the game for stats or to play using the same seed and settings. Customize your cards with unlockable themes!
- Spend death cards to start your next run with items you had when you died.
- Beat the game and get a special card which unlocks a new game+ mode. Start over with your items, abilities, or both!
- Lots of crates, chests, and other containers to pillage. Find the royal chest that spawns on every floor for extra sweet loot!
- Playable with mouse and/or keyboard. Pick whatever control scheme you like!
- Color-blind modes, optional high contrast font, and adjustable brightness.
- Multiple monitor support and borderless windowed fullscreen.
- 12 retro mode filters to find and unlock.
47. One Deck Dungeon
Adventure calls... but you don't always have time to spend hours optimizing your character sheet or managing your inventory! One Deck Dungeon lets you jump right in to bashing down doors, rolling dice, and squashing baddies with style. Get a full roguelike game experience, boiled down to its essence, and captured in a single deck of cards and a handful of dice!
One Deck Dungeon is a dungeon crawling adventure game for one or two players. Each time you play, choose one or two of these 5 brave heroes:
- Mage - There's rarely a problem in the dungeon she can't solve with a spell.
- Warrior - Her favorite dungeon activity is squashing her opponents immediately.
- Rogue - Watch in awe as she dispatches monsters with style.
- Archer - Accurate, brilliant, catastrophically deadly.
- Paladin - She seeks out danger and shields her allies from deadly enemies.
After every game, your heroes make progress toward unlocking up to 15 new talents, building up their power for future games.
There are 5 dangerous challenges to face:
- Dragon’s Cave - The thick-skinned wyvern who occupies this dungeon prefers her heroes on the crispy side.
- Yeti’s Cavern - If you can survive the freezing winds and biting cold, an abominable snowman awaits.
- Hydra’s Reef - Chop off one head, and another appears! This regenerating venomous monstrosity is a slippery foe.
- Lich’s Tomb - Hordes of undead foes, evil curses, and magical wards. What could possibly go wrong?
- Minotaur’s Maze - Abandon all hope, ye who enter here!
The Forest of Shadows expansion doubles the content in the game and is available as downloadable content via Steam. It features adventures in all-new lush yet deadly locales. A vast network of mossy underground tunnels and connected forest areas await your heroes!
- 5 new heroes - Alchemist, Druid, Hunter, Slayer, & Warden
- 5 new dungeons - Lair of Indrax, The Mudlands, Realm of Venom, Smoldering Ruins, & The Vile Roots
- A complete new 44-card encounter deck
- Additional progression focuses, basic skills, potions, & more!
Individual expansion cards are available as downloadable content via Steam:
- Caliana - This faerie has decided that dungeoneering looks fun! Don't let her get bored...
- Fanatic - A righteous Sentinel is here to smite evil wherever it may lurk!
- Witch - Her chaotic magic hammer is ready to smash glooping oozes into glooping puddles!
- Cinder Plains - The Hellhound awaits those reckless enough to venture here...
- Phoenix's Den - Only the bravest heroes can handle the heat!
Once you know your way around the dungeon, a game takes about 15 minutes. It might take a little longer if you're learning, or a lot shorter if you jump into a pit of spikes.Warning: do not jump into a pit of spikes.
HELLO! Would it be impolite if I were to nom on your armor and weapons? That shiny metal looks oh so delicious. Oh --pardon me, how rude of me not to introduce myself! I am Glooping Ooze, one of the many extremely polite denizens of the dungeons in this area. I even have my own card:
Like all cards in One Deck Dungeon, mine is full of colored boxes, and HEY! What's the idea with all those arrows. Ugh, adventurers. So rude. So very very rude. I suppose you're rolling all your dice, attempting to fill in as many boxes as possible. For every one you don't fill, I'm going to make you pay for this arrow nonsense, in hearts and time! Precious time!
If you manage to get past me somehow, you'll be able to take Armor Crush as a skill, or add that magic icon on the left to your stats, or take the three experience lanterns in the upper-right.
Despite your arrowful attitude, I welcome you to the world of One Deck Dungeon. Adventure awaits!
One Deck Dungeon is an officially licensed product of “One Deck Dungeon” from Asmadi Games.
48. Insanity's Blade
Take a father’s journey to hell in order to save the souls of his wife and child.
The ultimate old school trip to hell!!
The Chronicles of Thurstan is the first in a series of games based around the journey of a sword possessed by a father's powerful grief and hatred. This first game is the tale of the swords creation.
Rewarding game play features!
- A blend of action, platforming and RPG elements with a classic retro arcade style
- Battle through over 16 stages filled with unique enemies, environments and side quests
- Scale buildings and caves with Thurstan’s wall climbing and jumping ablilites
- Collect powerful weapons in your inventory and upgrade abilities at the store
- Play local co-op with your friends! The second player takes control of multiple supporting characters throughout the story!
- STORY mode filled with cutscenes, intros and outros between levels to tell the story of Insanity's Blade
- Play the streamlined ARCADE mode for non-stop carnage!
- Multiple difficulty levels to satisfy both the casual and hardcore cravings!
- Powerful OPTIONS menu including classic 4:3 or modern 16:9 screen resolution, custom control binding and 16bit or 8bit soundtracks!
- After beating the STORY mode revisit your save file for unlimited stage replay and completing missed sidequests!
Killer 8-bit and 16-bit soundtracks
A fully original soundtrack with 8-bit and 16-bit versions of each track!
What The Web Says
- TEAM2G.org "If you had any love for the old 2D combat-centric platformers, you definitely want to give this game a try.".
Full Review: http://team2g.org/insanitys-blade-two-dimensional-rage/
- IndieGames.com "one of my favorite action games from last year."
Full Review: http://indiegames.com/2015/05/new_arcade_mode_streamlines_in.html
- RPG.net "it understands retro style and mechanics so well while never letting itself be held back by them, I cannot not love it."
Full Review: http://www.rpg.net/reviews/archive/16/16417.phtml
- JoelCouture.com "a game that, for all of its intense storyline, concentrates on making sure the player is having a good time."
Full Review: http://www.joelcouture.com/?p=4095
- PixelPopuli.com "Pretty damn fun slice of retro inspired arcade action."
Full Review: http://pixelpopuli.com/insanitys-blade-review/
- TechRaptor.net "throwback to the classics of old, with gameplay good enough to keep a player engaged the entire way through."
Full Review: http://techraptor.net/content/insanitys-blade-review-when-berserk-meets-gargoyles-quest
- Cliqist.com "fun and easy to learn. After four hours, I'm 70% of the way through, and I definitely lost track of time."
Full Review: http://cliqist.com/2015/02/04/16bit-death-dismemberment-insanitys-blade/
- 336GameReviews.com "a hidden gem and worthy of any fan of the Action genre"
Full Review: http://www.336gamereviews.com/insanitys-blade-review/
Some Awesome YouTube Let's Players!
- Positron's Singleplayer full play-through series - Episode 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4y8kKij0ypo&list=PLwQX4pVd9LWnLSVxlxJ-2-FpMo2rtoGkY&index=1
- NoiselessMound's Co-Op play-through series - Episode 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIA1ZaF_HJQ
- SpicyWaffle's Co-Op quick look: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KOp9qsoKXI
- SlasherJPC's Singleplayer quick look: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SeaA-5_uug
Adapted from the Insanity’s Blade graphic novel written by Chris Obritsch and as featured on the now-defunct WTFmag.ca
Note: This software is not compatible with video streaming or screen capture software. Decreased performance will be experienced.
49. 1917 - The Alien Invasion DX
1917 - The Alien Invasion is a memorization shooter combined with the fast and frantic action of bullet hell shoot 'em ups.
You are in the role of Dr. Brunhild Stahlmüller, an acomplished weapon scientist who upgrades a WW1 triplane with superior alien technology to attack the invaders. You will avenge mankind and take the battle into the darkness of space until you reach an ancient alien world.
- Fight from Verdun to the heart of the alien world!
- Majestic and extravagant pixel art inspired by the golden age of arcades.
- Accessible with a fair difficulty curve.
- Intense action and highly polished gameplay
- 8 stages with huge boss encounters.
- Bloodshed and gore.
- Psychedelic soundtrack.
- Full Xbox controller support.
- Digital art book (PDF).
The year is 1917 - war engulfed the earth. Billions were slaughtered at the hands of unprecedented technology in the name of fanaticism. Yet all previous atrocities were as preambles to an even greater, unforeseeable catastrophe. When on the 15th of April, a host of aliens descended from war-torn skies and opened fire indiscriminately on soldier and civilian alike, the foundations of the world were shaken and mankind would face his darkest hour. Against such a terrifying, overwhelming foe, the scrambling, exhausted nations of Earth had no choice but to put aside their old grudges and fight side by side if they wanted to avert total extinction – or worse. Still, courage and unity were not enough to match the sheer power of a species so advanced that the very cosmos proved no obstacle to them.
Meanwhile Dr. Brunhild Stahlmüller, an accomplished scientist, worked tirelessly with her assistant, Harmuth Griesgram, on developing an experimental airplane codenamed the Red Beezlebub. Based not only on existing aeronautical technology but also on fragments of alien wrecks from the recent battlefields, this new invention is capable of prolonged atmospheric flight as well as deep, interstellar travel. Finding no pilots left in any condition – bodily or mentally – to take the pilot seat, the brave doctor dons the helmet herself and takes the Red Beezlebub on her virgin flight; to the battlefields of Verdun. Her target: the Chessmaster, the new, self-crowned king of humanity. An usurper and abomination. Fueled by gasoline and hatred, her Valkyrie's flight will end either in blood-soaked victory or glorious death. Little did she know that he himself is only a piece on the real player's board, and she is watching Brunhild's every move with greedy, leering eyes…
For more story, watch the German story trailer with english subtitles:
50. Rock Boshers DX: Directors Cut
Get ready to take a trip back to the 80s, the 1880s!
Help young Queen Victoria fight her way across Mars and attempt to escape home in this exceedingly retro arcade adventure!
Created to look, feel and sound like an 8-bit styled videogame from the 1980s - Rock Boshers DX: Director’s Cut mixes top down and side on 8-way directional shooting action.
See amazing sights as you journey across Mars. Prepare to bosh rocks! - with only the occasional break for tea and scones.
RBDX is a 2D pixel drawn arcade action game, created as if made on an 8bit hardware (choose from either NES or ZX Spectrum visuals), but modernised with widescreen formatting, HD rendering and of course - no colour clash!
Authentic 8bit loading sounds and borders art!
Soldiers, zombies, giant bugs, tanks and more all try to block your progress.
Leaderboards to compete on and achievements to obtain.
Weapons to collect to help you escape the levels, such as Coal Rockets and Steam Lasers.
Hidden snacks to collect to unlock bonus arcade games.
4k and above rendering on PCs with the correct hardware/display.
Yes you can collect snacks hidden throughout the levels to unlock bonus arcade games such as:
- sees you chasing down a giant lump of Cheddar.
- is a mini spinoff from the DX version, where you must protect a milk pipeline under the sea.
- places you in the shadow of some ancient Martian pyramid as you dash to collect gems.
- lets you take to the stars in your very own space ship.
Which other retro action game which lets you play as Queen Victoria, through a small chunk of 100% accurate history from an alternate universe? :D
You even get to meet Charles Darwin!