The best games like Cry of Fear are:
- arrow_rightMad Max
- arrow_rightResident Evil 6
- arrow_rightSystem Shock 2
- arrow_rightAmong the Sleep
- arrow_rightSven Co-op
100 Best Games Like Cry of Fear:
Filter by Platform Select a Platformarrow_drop_down
- PC (100)
- Xbox One (35)
- PlayStation 4 (41)
- iOS (16)
- Android (1)
- macOS (77)
- Linux (51)
- Nintendo Switch (13)
- Nintendo 3DS (1)
- Nintendo DS (1)
- Xbox 360 (23)
- Xbox (5)
- PlayStation 3 (30)
- PlayStation 2 (10)
- PlayStation (6)
- PS Vita (3)
- PSP (5)
- Wii U (2)
- Wii (7)
- GameCube (6)
- Nintendo 64 (2)
- Game Boy Advance (2)
- Game Boy (2)
- Classic Macintosh (2)
- Apple II (1)
- Commodore / Amiga (2)
- Atari 8-bit (1)
- Atari ST (1)
- Genesis (1)
- SEGA Saturn (1)
- SEGA CD (1)
- Dreamcast (3)
- Web (1)
Dishonored is the game about stealth. Or action and killing people. It is you who will decide what to do with your enemies. You play as Corvo Attano, Empress' bodyguard, a masterful assassin and a combat specialist. All of a sudden, a group of assassins kill the Empress and kidnaps her daughter Emily. Being accused of murder and waiting for execution in a cell, Corvo still manages to escape with the help of the Loyalists and their leader Admiral Havelock. Now it is your duty to return the Empress daughter and restore your name. The main focus of the game is to give the player a choice. You can spare the lives of your enemies by knocking them out or making others do the job for you or brutally murder everyone in the city. Gadgets are given by Piero Joplin, Loyalists engineer and by the Outsider, who gives Corvo magical abilities. The game reacts to your choices - grim atmosphere by itself can be turned even darker by killing people or slightly lighter by not doing so. It is only a player's choice what to do with his abilities. Basing on these actions the game will give you with two different endings of the story.
2. Mad Max
Although Mad Max is not related to the film series, it is based on its universe. Max Rockatansky is trying to reach the "Plains Of Silence", place in which he believes he will finally find peace. He is confronted by a group of War Boys led by Scabrous Scrotus. Beating Max up and stealing everything from him, they leave him in the desert to face his death. Recovering from his injuries, he chases Scrotus in a duel but fails to defeat him. Wandering in the desert, he meets a technic named Chumbucket that helps him to build a new machine and revenge Scrotus.
Being in such esthetics, Max is able to travel in an open world post-apocalyptic universe of Mad Max. Utilizing driving as a primary mechanic, you are able to confront and battle your way out on the car while armed with different weapons. Flamethrowers, turbo-boosts, basically anything that may come handy. You can have your preference for playing stealthy or aggressive. To drive, you need gasoline and to customise your car you need experience which you will get over time. Experience all the consequences of being a survivor by driving through the wasteland.
Categories in common with Mad Max: Action
SOMA is a sci-fi survival horror that makes you rethink the description of death. You play as Simon Jarrett who was injured in a crash accident and agreed for an experimental operation on his brain. He wakes up at an abandoned underwater facility full of mutants. Trying to figure out what’s going on, Simon finds Catherine Chun, a scientist, who tells him about the technology of copying the human personality.
The gameplay is based on exploration and puzzle solving. There's no combat, and you are meant to avoid enemies and act stealthily. To progress through the story, you need to search for clues, read multiple notes and solve puzzles.
Though there are monsters in SOMA, it frightens with its atmosphere in the first place. A dark, abandoned station with dead people, uncertainty and the lack of any understanding of what is waiting for you is scarier than screamers and blood rivers. Moral choices you have to make don’t affect the story much: instead, they change your attitude to the events, so it’s you who develops through the game.
4. Resident Evil 6
Bioterrorism ... Terrorists infect the US President with a vaccine that makes him an aggressive zombie. And one of the heroes of the game will have to kill him. Behind the terrorists, there is a mafia organisation that wants to hide the truth about the impossibility to control the biological weapons developed by it, which turns people into zombies. Bioterrorists opposed by a detachment of special forces - it serves two other characters.
The action of the game periodically turns from a personal vendetta into a global catastrophe and back. One President-zombie is replaced by whole cities of infected. Zombies and mutants, bioterrorists, special forces and mercenaries - they all act constantly, fight and survive in open territories and secret bases.
In total, you can play for seven characters, including a woman - the head of terrorists. Four story campaigns, after going through one line of the plot, you can choose another lens and see the events from a different perspective.
There are many enemies, but ammunition drops out of them after death. The more dangerous is the enemy, the more ammo is dropped. In hand-to-hand combat, various combo attacks help. The complete passage of the game is described as approximately 25 hours of pure action.
5. System Shock 2
The game is set in the distant future of 2114, 42 years after the events of the original System Shock. We are onboard the spaceship Von Braun that returns from humanity's first interstellar expedition to Tau Ceti system. The plot follows the main character who awakens from the cryosleep, with no idea what's going on. The rest of the crew was affected by some disaster that either killed them or turned into brainwashed slaves of an alien entity called The Many. The only other survivor is presumed to be mysterious Dr. Janice Polito, who instructs the player via radio. To survive and find out what happened, the protagonist sets out to explore the dimly lit corridors of Von Braun, encountering his former friends mutated into abominations. The player can use guns, but ammunition is scarce, which forces the player to use it prudently and move ahead with caution.
The game was created by Ken Levine, the Irrational Games founder and famous designer behind such titles as BioShock and Thief: The Dark Project. System Shock series was a major inspiration for Bioshock series, which is considered its spiritual successor, as well as, to some extent, Portal series.
6. Among the Sleep
Among the Sleep is a first person horror adventure, in which you play a two year old child. After waking up in the middle of the night to mysterious sounds, you start exploring the dark looking for comfort.
The game explores horror through atmosphere and exploration, not with scores and combat systems. In Among the Sleep you’re vulnerable, scared, and trying to make sense of the world.
Controller support: Works 100% with Xbox 360 controllers, might have some issues with Xbox One controllers. We are sorry about the inconvience.
The game will not get VR support.What people are saying
"[...] it more than succeeds in creating a wonderfully eerie atmosphere full of childlike anxiety, and along the way tackles a serious subject in a darkly poignant manner."
"Its depiction of a first-person horror told through the eyes and stumbling little legs of a two-year old is as intriguing as anything I've seen all year, and reminiscent of a time when games actively sought out new ways to play and new stories to tell."
SPINTIRES is an indie auto simulator game developed by Oovee Game Studios.
SPINTIRES is an offroading simulator. The players have to deliver cargo using the post-Soviet machinery deep in the Russian woods, where there are no solid roads and a lot of fallen trees.
The main feature of the game is dynamic terrain. That is achieved with Havok physics engine. Trucks leave marks on the road, get stuck in the terrain, which makes the further advancement harder. Thanks to Havok, the terrain is procedurally generated every time the player loads a map. That adds a high replayability value to the game. This feature also makes the races against other players much harder, as you can't just win a race by going as fast as you can.
In SPINTIRES, the game focuses a lot on simulating the physics and behavior of the vehicles. Every machine has a limited amount of gas, can be damaged beyond any repair. The players can turn the differential lock on or off, activate the 4X4 mode, which will influence the amount of used gas. It is also possible to drag the car out of the mud by using a rope and attaching it to a tree or another car.
The players can also modify the cars using different attachments. It is possible to attach fuel tanks, repair kits, and so on.
The game features a 4-player multiplayer mode, where the players can choose the time of day, and the environment. The objective of the mode is to reach the finish first without getting stuck in the mud.
8. Sven Co-op
Sven Co-op is a cooperative multiplayer modification for the first-person shooter Half-Life developed by Daniel Fearon. In 2013, Valve allowed the team to publish the mod on Steam as a standalone modification.
The gameplay of Sven Co-op heavily resembles the same of the original Half-Life, so it is highly recommended to be familiar with its gameplay and to complete its tutorial level. Sven Co-op supports Half-Life's singleplayer but changes it up a bit to improve upon the cooperative aspect of the game.
The levels of Sven Co-op are divided into missions and are usually separated from each other. Many missions take place on several maps with some of them being fused into one. The objective of most levels is to find an exit or complete a specific task - it is not necessary to kill any enemies whatsoever. The maps are used using a variety of settings, starting with Black Mesa and ending with a modern urban war one.
Changes in comparison with the original game
There are only 12 changes in the original Half-Life gameplay, yet they do not drastically affect the gameplay. Most of the changes were made to the NPCs and the NPC following system. Now you can take any friendly NPC with you, some of the NPCs will even heal you. Several small changes also affect the enemy behavior, for example, the players can no longer free themselves from the barnacles. A teammate is needed to get you out.
9. Insurgency: Sandstorm
Character and weapon customisation to show your battle-hardiness.
Unprecedented audio design with positional voice-chat for realistic teamwork, and heart pounding ambient audio to bring you into the battlefield.
Peek around corners, tactically breach doorways, use smoke to cover your team’s advance, and call in air support.
Battle across expansive maps in up to 16-versus-16 player game modes, or 8 player co-operative against AI, now with machine gun mounted drivable vehicles.
Competitive multiplayer features including matchmaking, broadcasting UI, and replays.
10. Aliens: Colonial Marines Collection
You and your friends are the deadliest killers in the galaxy. Another glorious day in the Corps.
Buckle up, soldier! Welcome to Aliens™: Colonial Marines. Created by Gearbox, the critically acclaimed and fan-favourite developers of Borderlands and Brothers In Arms, you and your friends will become the most badass military outfit in the galaxy – the US Colonial Marines. It’s up to you to not just survive, but wipe out the Xeno infestation.
Key Features: Enlist in the Marine Corps.
Bringing you a true sequel to the classic Aliens film, get tooled up with classic Marine weapons including pulse rifles, motion trackers and
The most authentic Aliens experience ever.
Using authentic environments inspired by the film series including Hadley’s Hope, the Sulaco and LV-426, you will be immersed in an eerie, atmospheric
world where any moment could bring your death.
Drop-in/Drop-out co-operative gameplay.
The masters of co-op bring their expertise to the Aliens universe. Xenos getting too tough? Call up your buddies so they can drop in with extra
firepower. The whole campaign can be played with a squad of up to four players, dropping in and out as necessary through self-contained missions
within an over-arching narrative.
Loadouts and upgrades.
Create your perfect killing machine. An extensive upgrade system allows players to customise their characters to play the way they want. Earn experience to get perks, new weapons and new looks for your squad.
Categories in common with Aliens: Colonial Marines Collection: Action
11. Get Even
Black - an ice-cold mercenary and hired gun - awakes in a mysterious old asylum with no memory of his past.
Under the guidance of his anonymous captor, ‘Red’, Black embarks on a form of treatment, facilitated by a unique technology - a headset that allows the user to relive their memories and experience them again in the present.
And so Black tries to remember.
With the help of the ‘Pandora’ headset, he travels into the depths of his own mind to explore the truth behind the only thing he can remember: the rescue attempt of a teenage girl with a bomb strapped to her chest.
12. The Culling
IMPORTANT NOTICE The Cullings servers will be shut down on May 15, 2019. This means online matches, the culling store, and all online features will no longer be available.
Welcome to The Culling. As a contestant on this deadly game show you must explore, scavenge items, craft weapons, and build traps that will enable you to slay your fellow contestants and emerge victorious before the end of the round. Only with cunning, skill, and a little luck will you be able to prevail and survive the match.
Unlike add-on modes in open-world survival games, The Culling redefines the Battle Royale genre by providing a tightly focused stand-alone experience that delivers incredible thrills and endless story-worthy moments.
Features at Early Access LaunchGame ModesThe core of The Culling is an online 16-player battle royale, played solo or in teams of two. Matches last approximately 20 minutes, with deadly poison gas slowly constricting the arena in the final stages. The winning player (or team) is the last left alive.
The new, fast-paced Lightning Round mode pits 8 contestants against each other in a smaller arena with a 10-minute timer, where everyone has immediate access to some of the most powerful weapons in the game.
With no respawning on death, you have to make every action count. Play too cautiously and you won’t be prepared for the final clash at the end of the match, too aggressively and you might not make it past the first few minutes. We leave the balance, and the killing, up to you.Weapons and CombatThe Culling focuses heavily on melee combat. Use jabs, charged swings, blocks, and shoves in a system that’s simple learn, but requires practice to truly master.
There are 32 melee weapons in the form of blades, axes, bludgeons, and spear. Weapons are divided into tiers based on damage, from the lowly crafted stone knife to the mighty Sledgehammer. Different weapons types also apply different wounds, which factor into combat strategy. All melee weapons can be thrown, adding the potential for ranged combat in any encounter.
There are a variety of ranged weapons, including bows, blowguns, and even firearms. A gun isn’t a guaranteed kill, however, as ammunition is in short supply and ranged players can be disarmed by melee strikes if they don’t keep their distance.TrapsPlayers who thrive on outwitting their enemies can sample from a collection of traps in the form of snares, mines, remote-detonated explosives, caltrops, and punji sticks. Matches are fast-paced, so sneaky players must lay their traps in hot spots (such as near an airdrop landing pad) or use themselves as bait to lure opponents in.ItemsA wide range of utility items are at your disposal, with everything from backpacks to smoke bombs, run speed stims to stun guns, player tracking devices to bandages. You start each match empty-handed, so you must explore to survive. Inventory space is extremely limited, forcing you to think carefully about how you intend to play and what you want to carry.CraftingThe Culling utilizes a unique crafting system that is very simple to use (no bulky UI-heavy inventory management) but still offers a wide range of recipes. Players can craft rudimentary weapons, a wide range of traps, and a handful of useful items, including bandages, satchels, and even body armor.PerksEach contestant chooses 3 perks before the start of a match. There are dozens of perks available, and they range from combat bonuses (increase the backstab potential of your blades) to crafting skills (reduce your trap placement time), to general utility (begin the match with a tracking device in your inventory).
All of the perks are available to all players from the start with no unlocking required. You can use perks to define and enhance your personal play style, whether it be focused on ranged, melee, or trap-based strategy. Advanced players will find helpful synergies between their perk load-out and their airdrop selection.AirdropsPlayers select a personal airdrop to call in during the match. Air drops are deadly care packages containing a predefined variety of weapons, traps and items. Be careful, because calling in an airdrop draws attention to you and can be stolen by other players.Game Show EventsThe Culling is the most popular game show in the history of the world, and for good reason. The show’s producers have devised events that take place at random during the match. If you choose to participate in these events, the rewards can improve your chances of winning, but don’t be surprised when other players arrive to challenge you.FUNCFlexible Universal Nano-Compound, or FUNC, serves as the primary in-game currency. You spend FUNC to craft, call in personal airdrops, and open certain types of item chests. FUNC is gained through combat and exploration.Character CustomizationPlayers can customize every aspect of their appearance: Hair, Clothing, Skin Tone, and Gender. There are hundreds of unlockable items.
The Culling also features customizable Taunts, Victory Celebrations, Culling Cards, and Weapon Skins.
In all, there are more than 1,500 cosmetics to unlock.AudioThe Culling places a heavy gameplay emphasis on audio. Making noise by sprinting through the jungle crafting items, slamming doors, and engaging in combat will draw the attention of nearby contestants.
Using audio cues to locate opponents and using the crouch mode to conceal your movements add tremendously to the game’s suspense and immersion.MapsThe Culling features two maps: The Island, set in a tropical paradise, and Cul County Correctional, a former prison facility converted to game show duty. The maps have been carefully tuned to provide just enough space for 16 contestants, but also to ensure than no one is safe for long. They are populated with landmarks, buildings (full of lockers and crates containing items), hidden caches, and hazards.
Many of these elements are random, meaning map knowledge is important, but offers no guarantees. When the match starts, you can choose to immediately set about crafting some basic survival tools, or sprint to the nearest building in the hopes that it will contain valuable items.Tutorials and Offline Training ModeThe Culling can be intimidating for new players, so we’ve included a basic tutorial and a training range to help you get your feet wet.
If you’re still not ready to face players online, there is an offline practice mode against basic AI-controlled bots that will allow you to practice in a low-pressure situation.Player XP and LevelingAs you compete online in The Culling, you earn XP, which levels up your character and awards you Cull Crates full of new cosmetics. The better your performance, the faster you progress.
13. Defiance 2050
Join your friends and become an Ark Hunter in a massive cooperative online shooter like no other. Choose from an array of fully customizable weapons and classes, explore a unique futuristic open world, and engage in epic fast-paced third-person shooter combat.
- Seek fame and fortune as an Ark Hunter in a compelling sci-fi narrative
- Fight it out through fast-paced third-person shooter combat in a massive open world
- Battle alien races alongside hundreds of other players in massive dynamic world events
- Craft a perfect Ark Hunter via thousands of unique class, weapon, and upgrade combinations
- Test your arsenal against other players in instanced battlegrounds and giant 64x64 open world battles
- Join up as a 4-person squad and challenge punishing story driven instances
- Race from battle to battle across a devastated Earth using dozens of futuristic vehicles
14. Arizona Sunshine
Virtual reality meets the zombie apocalypse! Arizona Sunshine is a first-person shooter built exclusively for VR that immerses you in a post-apocalyptic southwestern America overrun by zombies.
When you hear a flash of a human voice on the radio, your hopes surge - there are survivors out in the blistering heat of the post-apocalyptic Grand Canyon state! Armed with little more than your motion-controlled weapons and the scarce ammo and consumables you find along the way, you need to navigate the hordes of zombies coming for your brain in your desperate search for human contact.
Developed from the ground up for HTC Vive and Oculus, Arizona Sunshine puts you in the midst of a zombie apocalypse. Handle weapons with real-life movements, freely explore a post-apocalyptic world, and put your survival skills to the test in VR - putting the undead back to rest is more thrilling than ever before.
- Real-life weapon handling: Using VR motion controllers, handle 25+ weapons with real-life movements. Anticipate attacks, manage ammo and aim down the sights to blast your enemies to undead pieces.
- Full-size campaign: Built in bite-sized VR chunks that together form a full narrative, the campaign allows you to jump in for a short session or stay for the complete ride.
- Free exploration: Move around without restraints to explore a series of huge southwestern American environments, including treacherous canyons and deep, dark mines.
- Immersive zombie survival: Scavenge the environment, loot undead enemies and manage your ammo and consumables in a battle for survival more immersive than ever before thanks to VR.
- Co-op multiplayer: Join forces with a friend in co-op campaign mode or multiplayer Horde mode for up to four players. But beware, more warm brains mean more hungry undead.
- Unprecedented VR realism: When powered by an Intel® Core™ i7 processor or equivalent, Arizona Sunshine brings unprecedented realism to VR gaming with zombie mutilation, destructible environments, and an overall cinematic and immersive experience.
- Only in VR: Arizona Sunshine is a VR shooter exclusively built for VR. Step into the midst of a zombie apocalypse as if you were really there and take on the undead unlike ever before.
«Despair» - indie-horror video game.
The main character wakes up in a tunnel of the subway and tries to find out that happened to it and other passengers of the train. To understand that after all it happened to the gone passengers, the player should investigate strange catacombs being deeply underground.
At himself the player has only a small lamp batteries to which very quickly come to an end.
As the player has to collect notes left other people to understand that happened.
Wandering about subway tunnels the player has to find all notes the subway scattered in frightening catacombs and try that after all it happened to passengers and to him...
And can be anybody the answer and isn't present...
16. In Verbis Virtus
Use your real voice to cast spells in In Verbis Virtus, a fantasy adventure unlike any other.
Step into the shoes of a wizard in search of an ancient power. Explore a lost temple, making your way through forgotten chambers brimming with unspeakable beauty and terror. Unlock spells and use them to solve the temple’s enigmas and battle the monsters that lurk in its depths.
Built on the Unreal Engine, lose yourself in the breathtaking world of In Verbis Virtus, possibly the most unique and immersive game you’ll play all year.
- Cast spells in Maha’ki, the language of the gods, using your own voice.
- Discover and learn multiple spells, each with its own purpose and power.
- Solve challenging puzzles, escape traps and battle monsters with magic.
- Explore a lost temple, uncovering the secrets of its mysterious past, as well as your own.
- Experience stunning graphics powered by the Unreal Engine.
17. Reign Of Kings
Struggle to survive in a harsh medieval world. Hunt wildlife, mine resources, build structures, and craft weapons and armor in order to protect yourself. You may form a guild, bring war to all opposition, and try to seize the throne and become king!
In Reign of Kings we allow you to collect resources and craft a wide variety of items needed to build a vast and powerful kingdom. We were primarily inspired by Rust & Chivalry in the development of this game.
In addition to standard resources, you may compete over the Ancient Throne which resides in a throne room which overlooks the island. All players who are not part of the King's Guild are taxed on the resources they collect.
The development of a melee combat system adds a gritty and visceral feeling to Reign of Kings that will allow players to become deeply immersed in a realistic and intense medieval survival experience.
The world itself is designed to inspire competition and struggles for power. Resource locations strategically spread throughout the game will create inequity and envy. Players will have the ability to make war, or even capture and hold other players in order to get what they want. Each player will have the power to decide the fate of the kingdom, or choose to entirely forego the responsibility of ruling the kingdom and roam the land as a freeman.
Players have the ability to capture, hold, and execute other players. The player can capture them with rope or iron shackles. Once shackled, a player is no longer able to access their inventory aside from their orifice slot. The captured player's inventory is accessible for the captor to search them.
Additionally, a rope will be attached to a prisoner which will allow them to be pulled in any direction their captor wishes. In order to avoid severe grieving situations, players can hide a sharp stone or lock pick in their orifice. This "hidden" item can help them escape capture or commit suicide.
PUNISHMENT & DEATH
Punishment & Death Once the player has control of a captive, there are several options available for managing a prisoner. Options range from simply locking them in a cage or dungeon, public humiliation in the pillory, or simply executing them.
THE ANCIENT THRONE
The Ancient Throne can be claimed by any player. Holding the Ancient Throne will grant its owner dominion over the entire map (change name of realm) and taxation rights over every other player. The King of the Ancient Throne will receive the ability to collect the resource tax from every player within the game by visiting the Ravens Treasure Tree. The ravens automatically collect taxes in the game (behind the scenes of course, sneaky little things), and place them in the chests in their Treasure Tree.
In addition, the King of the Ancient Throne will have access to the Ancient Sword and the Ancient Crown.
PRODUCTION & REFINING STATIONS
Players will have the ability to collect resources and to craft them into useful items or building materials. Additionally, the progression mechanic for being able to craft higher valued items will be reliant on upgrading production stations to a higher level. (Need a better quality sword? Upgrade your anvil.) Production and refining stations can craft or refine items as long as there are resources available unless ordered to do otherwise. This allows the player the freedom to do other things while his kingdom remains productive.
Collection stations can be placed for grain and water. Collection stations will passively produce raw materials given they have enough fuel.
These collection stations will be fully interactive and if left un-defended will offer a nice target for unscrupulous or enemy players. With this in mind, the player will want to protect their resources.
SIEGE EQUIPMENT AND RAIDING BASES
Once the players build stone walls and iron doors, players will not be able to simply bash their way inside. Players will now need to employ one of many different techniques for entry.
The ranged option is to build trebuchets and launch large stones from afar at your opponent's castle. Players must place a counterweight to offset their projectile weight in order to get the range and destruction power they need from the stone they are launching. Players may also rotate the trebuchet. This alignment takes some practice but is very rewarding when set correctly.
Players may choose to go a more stealthy route by crafting lock picks. Lock picks, however, are very hard to craft, and do not work on iron doors and iron gates.
Players defending a base may employ their own trebuchet or set up a ballista which is great for killing other players at range.
FIRST PERSON COMBAT
Our combat systems allow melee and ranged combat to take center stage when war breaks out. Inspired by games like Chivalry, Reign of Kings' combat system is being tuned for satisfying, fast paced action. Players fight over the scarce resources and face off to defend or capture the throne.
Players equip brutal weapons and use mouse buttons in an attempt to chop, slice, & stab through an opponent. Players will want to upgrade their weaponry to inflict the highest amount of damage as melee combat will always be dangerous and unpredictable. Armor will be highly prized in Melee as it will keep you in a fight much longer.
We support delimbing and decapitation of an opponent to represent the visceral and brutal experience of medieval close-quarters warfare. A variety of period realistic weapons and armor will be available for the player to craft as they progress toward elder content.
Ranged fighting in ROK will encompass the use of the bow, crossbow, javelin, and throwing stones. A good way for a player to stay alive in a fight during the early game will be to use ranged weaponry and speed. Keeping out of sword range from a marauding knight is always a good idea, but even more so if you’re not equipped with the quality of armor that can absorb a hit or two.
A simple bow and spear may be capable of taking down wild game, but may not provide enough piercing power to get through the finest plate male. It’ll be important for the player to learn what kinds of weaponry are most effective in a fight as it will be critical knowledge to stay alive and have impact in a fight. Higher tier Steel-pointed javelins will be able to pierce some armors, but the crossbow is the best option for punching a hole through the most heavily plated opponent at range.
The general rules of ranged weaponry will apply in ROK to determine functionality. The bow will have the highest accuracy and reload speed, the crossbow will have greatest piercing power but is slow to reload, and thrown weapons will have the highest damage output, but are for short range use only.
ROK features a plague-ridden village that was cursed and abandoned by the old gods. This village features plague-ridden villagers, loot crates, and some high-end loot drops. It is dangerous to be in the village for long periods of time due to the disease that will damage the player's health.
ROK uses a roguelike death model similar to Rust. When players die, they will fall to the ground as a ragdoll container that can be looted by other players. Dead players will be provided with a random re-spawn option that can be improved through bed placement.
Players begin the game by creating a unique character. They will be able to refine their look in great detail by editing their body parts, choosing hair, and establishing a banner scheme to help them identify loyal friends during gameplay. You can also choose the voice style of your player's taunts.
Using the standard block, ramp and stairs, ROK building materials will consist of sticks, thatch, clay, wood, re-enforced wood, and stone. Thatch, sticks, wood and clay will be widely available and often the first choice in material for beginning level housing. While these materials will offer shelter from poorly equipped enemies, they are easily breached by other players. Stone will offer much greater resistance to basic attacks and will only be damageable with siege tactics. Players will be able to build their homes, towers and castles any way they like, but will need a great deal of space during elder content play in order to hold a large number of production, refining, and collection stations.
Building castles will be a natural occurrence for players who reach elder content gameplay. With the large number of production stations, refining stations, collection stations, chests, torture devices and respawn beds available for the player to build, comes the need to protect a large footprint of space.
Damned: A Randomized Online Horror Game
- What is Damned?
Damned is a randomized online horror game for up to 5 players (4 survivors and 1 monster).
You’ll be able to play as one of four people trapped in different haunted places (hotels, hospitals, etc).
As a survivor your main objective will be finding your way out, as well as helping your friends get out too. You’ll often find yourself on the edge, hearing and seeing ghostly things, trying to find keys and items to help in your escape. And sometimes you’ll find yourself running desperately from a monster, who’s there only to find and kill you and your friends.
You’ll also be able to play as the monster. The game will feature different monsters, each one unique in its gameplay and hunting style.
- What kind of horror game is Damned?
Damned explores the sense of being defenseless against a powerful supernatural force. The survivors can’t directly affect the monster in any way. When it’s there to get you, your only chance is to run and hide.
This perception of being defenseless is very strong, primal and terrifying, it builds up anxiety and makes you really scared, fearing any unexplained noise or movement.
This is how Damned creates horror in a multiplayer game session, and we believe it to be super effective! (tested and approved!)
- Why is Damned a randomized game?
Every stage in Damned is randomized:
- Almost all the objects in a stage may or may not appear;
- The item system is fully random too, randomizing which item will appear in the game, and where it'll be;
- The way to win a match as a survivor is also randomized;
- Even the stage may trigger random events to scare the survivors inside.
- Why is Damned a competitive and cooperative game?
Because in a full game, with 4 survivors and 1 monster, there’ll be a survivor “team” cooperating to try and escape together, and at the same time they’ll be competing against a monster, trying to flee from him and deny each one of its attempt to hunt and kill a survivor.
- How to play as a survivor?
As a survivor you’ll be cooperating with your friends (up to 4 survivors in a single game session):
You and your friends will be searching the level for keys and items to help in your escape;
Each survivor will have a flashlight that can be turned on and off, helping you see your surroundings, but at the same time letting the monster know where you are;
The survivors will be able to manipulate objects throughout the hotel, like drawers, doors, safes, cabinets, wardrobes;
Challenge yourself to find the exit and get out alive.
- How to play as the monster?
As the monster, your game will be all about competing alone against the survivors team.
The game will feature different monsters, each one unique in its play style. It's up to you to play a few rounds with each monster and decide which one works best for you.
How are you going to hunt and kill the survivors?
- Why is Damned worth buying?
Because it’s fun!
It’s really scary, you’ll find yourself on the edge a lot of times, trying to evade the monster or trying to pay closer attention because you don’t know if the sound you just heard is some random noise or if it is the monster haunting you.
It’s a real horror game, it explores deeply the feeling of being completely defenseless against a powerful force that can finish you easily. Your only choice is to run and hide!
And also because it’s really fun to play as the monster as well. You’ll keep haunting and building up anxiety in people, making them terribly scared of you. We really put you in the skin of a terrifying monster.
- Links and contact:
Got any questions and/or suggestions? We want to hear your opinion, please contact us: [email protected]
9heads Game Studios: http://www.9heads.com
Categories in common with Damned: Adventure
Vagante is an adventure set in a dark fantasy world filled with monsters, demons, and crooks. Despite these dangers, adventurers commonly travel these unforgiving lands questing for fame, riches, and power.
A recent rumor has it that a certain cave at the edge of the woods guards an unfathomable treasure. While a handful of intrepid adventurers have ventured into the cave already, none have returned. Undeterred by the potential danger, you set out by caravan to investigate...Key Features
- Local and Online Co-op - Adventure cooperatively with up to four players, either locally or online through Steam!
- Procedural Generation - With procedurally generated levels, no two runs are ever the same, allowing for countless hours of gameplay.
- Choose How You Play - Choose a unique class, skin, and background, then customize your character further as you play with your choice of unique class skills at each level.
- Enchanted Items - Discover magic items that bestow powerful enchantments and game changing abilities.
- Discover Secrets - Keep track of unlocked classes, backgrounds, music, and more in the Book of Secrets.
- Explore a Rich World - Explore five unique areas each with their own set of dangers such as monsters, unique bosses, and traps.
- Tough, but Fair - Play a game designed for players looking for a challenging but rewarding experience.
20. Dead Realm
Ghosts prey on the living inside the haunted grounds of a long dead electricity tycoon. Dead Realm is a creepy multiplayer action game with immersive and horrifyingly beautiful environments. You’ll either play as Human and work with your friends to run, hide, and survive or you can play as a Ghost and reap the living.
Dead Realm is a first person action horror game where players are split into two sides, the living and the undead. Originally an Early Access game, Dead Realm was developed with community feedback to make a fun, fast paced action game which emphasizes stealth and survival over strength. Often times, staying hidden is your best chance to survive and win.
The world of Dead Realm exists on another plane where ghosts of all shapes and sizes seek to reap those who dare to enter their domain. Players can select from multiple modes and pay across 9 varying maps, making sure players can never be scared the same way twice.
- 5 Terrifying Game Modes; each with a different theme and set of rules. Some favor stealth, others favor teamwork, all will make you afraid of things that go bump in the night.
- Ever wanted to fight back against the undead? You can now with our mode, “The Hunted,” which combines the atmospheric experience of Dead Realm with FPS mechanics.
- 9 immersive, horrifying maps, ranging from sprawling outdoor mazes to tight quartered buildings. Each map brings new depth and adds new variations to our different mode.
- A selection of frightening Ghosts (and alternate skins for each) so players can pick a ghoul to best suit their mood and playstyle.
- 10 Special Characters, based on some of the biggest Gaming Video and Streaming personalities in the world, each one made in collaboration with the influencer.
- 10 Humans to choose from, each with unique unlockables, emotes, and style.
- Multiple Enhanced Abilities for ghosts and humans designed to fit strategic, patient, or aggressive playstyles.
Husk is a down-to-earth survival-horror, about harm, pain and seeking forgiveness in Shivercliff, a town abandoned for unknown reasons.
A tribute to classical thrillers like Silent Hill or Twin Peaks.
It's 1995, you’re Matthew Palmer and you’ve just woken up after a train crash. There's nobody around you. Especially, there’s no trace of your wife and daughter.
The only sign indicating where you are says:
Welcome to Shivercliﬀ.
- Down-to-earth storyline touching problems of violence and alcohol addiction
- Immersive narration
- 90's climate with a lot of references
- Inspired by titles like Silent Hill or Alan Wake
- Different locations of Shivercliff town and its surroundings
- Different types of monsters and boss fights
- Classical survival horror
- Dedicated soundtrack created by Arkadiusz Reikowski
- 4-5 hours of gameplay
- Powered by Unreal Engine 4
22. Street Warriors Online
This is the first, realistic PvP brawling game for up to 8 vs 8 players with original, dynamic combat system and fast, round based battles.
Create and develop Your character while earning new skills and items that helps You beat Your opponents.
Gather Your friends and fight together in a clan.
Compete with players from around the world using hand-to-hand combat.
- No shooting or magic but a hail of swift blows of kicks and punches !
- Easy, one-click matchmaking finds the best suitable battle for Your character.
Use dynamic combat system with intuitive action keys.
- In Street Warriors Online You can dynamically attack or block incoming attacks as opposed to mmo games.
- You can provide standard, special or sprint attacks that causes different hit reactions of Your enemies.
Take part in battles up to 8 vs 8 participants in 3 different game modes.
- Fight on many battle arenas of different player capacities ( 2v2, 4v4, 8v8 )
- Select one of 3 game modes:
- Skirmish: Beat up all enemies to win a round. Win three rounds to win the battle !
- Conquest: Capture bases by spraying over Your team's graffiti. Captured base generates points. Reach points limit to win.
- Capture The Bag: Capture the bag and deliver it to Your van. Reach bags limit to win the battle.
Gain experience and respect to develop Your characters.
- Each finished battle gives You Experience as well as Respect Points reward.
- The reward is proportional to Your involvement in the battle.
- Respect points is Your primary currency. Buy different items such as clothes, power cards or new attacks.
- Level Up to obtain attribute points and develop character to match Your play style.
- Higher levels unlocks new items and attacks !
Configure appearance and combat style to make Your characters become unique !
- Compose Your appearance from over 150 clothing parts of 7 categories per character class.
- Prepare preferable attack sequence ( rotation ) that suits Your combat tactics.
- Spend Your attribute points to achieve best fighting results.
- Buy and socket different Power Cards that alters Your combat skills.
Own up to 8 characters with different class and attributes build.
- Get new characters for golden currency or from the golden premium bundle.
- There are 3 different character classes to choose from: Swarmer, Slugger and Bruiser
- Swarmer is a female class with extended speed and energy regeneration
- Bruiser is a slow heavy fighter with increased damage and health
- Slugger is the most balanced class
Use elements of the environment as weapons to gain temporary advantage.
- On almost every arena You can find different items that can be used as weapons.
- You can throw heavy objects like garbage bins or tires to hit many enemies at once and make them fall.
- There are also objects like baseball bats, pipes and planks that You can use as one handed weapons.
- Throw bricks, stones and bottles at Your enemies to stun them and make vulnerable to Your attacks.
Use energy drinks to scramble out from critical situations or get temporary power-up.
- There are 8 different energy drinks so far.
- You can take 2 different drinks on a battle and trigger them when desired.
- If You have more drinks of a kind - drink will be available again after You re-spawn.
Team up with Your friends and play together !
- Play together with Your friends in up to 8-person group on free for all battles.
- You can create and customize Your unique clan of warriors and fight against others to climb up in the global rankings !
- Higher clan ranking enables all members to buy special, unique rewards.
23. Awkward Dimensions Redux
Interactive Dream Journal & Diary; Awkward Dimensions Redux is a personal game. Lasts 20 minutes to an hour with less traditional interaction. Focuses on getting to understand another person through an interpretation of their dreams, thoughts, fears, desires, and past work. It's a game about conversing with roosters, disembodied legs, standardized tests, Immature jokes, relationships, art, espionage, and a teenager coming to terms with life and growing up.Includes
- Diverse dreamscapes
- Fantastic soundtrack with music from Clawfoot Slumber, Halina Heron, American Grandma, Pablo Garduno, Dong Lee, Steven Hamon, and Franz Liszt
- FMV segments
- A multitude of doors
24. Lone Leader
My name is Matthew, I just finished my economic study. That means a new period in life, searching for a well-paid job. As a child I've always dreamed of the future. I imagined foreign adventures, exploring the outside world, living an exciting life, and making survival tours in countries far, far away. Unfortunately these dreams never came about, so I stopped dreaming. I’ve already applied for a job as notary, I should make more money than anyone else could, that was the plan. But a new local problem changed it a bit. The problem is a new type of virus. Oh no, not a virus that makes you ill, no it changes you into a monster, half alive, half dead, a ZOMBIE! Is there any medicine for this? No, of course not.
The virus came from the laboratory in the city, a professor contracted it from a sample specimen during a simple lab experiment gone nightmarishly wrong. That meant the beginning of the nightmare I’m in now. Why? Because I’m the last normal human in here except the soldiers of the enemy army who started occupying the city before the virus broke out.
However, it made my life a lot more exciting, interesting. It looks like my child dreams finally came true, but not in the way I've always imagined. For now I've got one thing to do, survive.
Oh, and why I’m still alive? Probably bad luck...
Lone Leader is a zombie apocalypse game, try to survive and break out of the nightmare that’s been created. Kill all the enemies such as soldiers and zombies. Watch out! You only have one chance, so do it right.
You spawn in an open world map as player Matthew. In first person you have to collect items to keep alive and escape from the city. The chilling ambience and frightening jump scares keeps players on the edge of their seat in this one of a kind thriller.
25. Dementium II HD
Dementium II HD is the resurrection of the award winning handheld cult favorite rebuilt with all the classic gameplay while providing updated visuals, lighting and refined controls. Same Bones. New Flesh.
- Classic gameplay that balances the Action, Story and Puzzle elements into an unforgettable horror experience.
- Fight through unique enemies that require different strategies to defeat the nightmares, or to simply survive
- Twisted storyline that keeps you guessing throughout the entire game.
- Multifunctional weapons that take out the enemies and grant access to new areas.
- New ghostly creatures haunt Pelf Village that will chill you to the bone.
- Steam achievements, Cloud Save and Controller support
“I never cared about this ship...I just…wanted to find myself. I had to. Something deep in my brain – deep in my very soul – clawed at me, struggling to make sense of everything. But the sad truth is that it never could. I never could. I still can’t remember who I am.”
Hello, prospective crew member! Welcome to Shakhter-One, the first space mining ship to gather resources from the atmosphere of the planet Jupiter! Shakhter-One provides mass quantities of supplies to a resource-starved Earth. Thanks to Shakhter-One, we no longer have to depend on coal or oil! Still not sold on making Shakhter-One your new home?
“I don’t even know if this has happened before. Me, here, telling this same, exact story. …Surely not. I would remember that… Right?”
Shakhter-One offers a fresh start among the stars! On Shakhter-One, everybody is important! Everybody is employed! All children have an equal start! We’re confident you’ll see that Shakhter-One is the perfect place to begin your family’s future!
“The only thing that I can truly be sure of is the constant, pervading feeling I have deep inside. I’m empty. I’m hollow.”
In “Hollow,” you are one of the pilots that transports precious resource cargo from the mining ship Shakhter-One down to Earth. One day you wake up in an emergency capsule drifting near the facility. You don’t remember who you are, or how you got out there… All you can remember is an autopilot docking code for capsule dock NR 6.
When you dock with Shakhter-One, it is clear that something has gone horribly wrong. The crew is missing and the entire facility is dealing with catastrophic power issues. As you start to uncover the ship’s terrifying secrets, Shakhter-One threatens to take your identity, your sanity, and – ultimately – your life.
The worst evil is the one that knows us better than we know ourselves.
The worst nightmare is the one borne in our past, emotions, fears, and pain.
- Explore a derelict mining facility in orbit around Jupiter
- Fight through the nightmare and solve the mystery of the Shakhter-One
- Face your fears head-on or use the environment as your ally
- Solve puzzles and use your brain to proceed
- Master face-paced, frenetic gun combat to survive
- Reveal the backstory of the protagonist and set him free from his demons… or succumb to them.
27. Coma: Mortuary
The story is about a guy who has lost meaning in his life, because of the tragic death of his girlfriend. Drunk and depressed, he got behind the wheel of his car, determined to commit suicide in the same spot where she died. Somehow he survived the accident, but fell into a coma, and his soul is now wandering the world of the dead where a new story unfolds.
28. Secret Neighbor Beta
Secret Neighbor is a Multiplayer Social Horror game set in the Hello Neighbor universe.
A group of kids tries to sneak into their creepy Neighbor's basement to rescue their missing friend. The only problem is one of the players is a traitor in disguise.
Playing as a child:
Save you friends from the Neighbor
Cooperate but don`t trust anyone
If you are lucky enough to play as Neighbor
The house is your territory! Use it to separate, scare and confuse intruders.
Use your gadgets to get advantage over the kids' team.
Gain trust amongst your foes and attack in the right moment.
Protect your basement!
29. Reflex Arena
Reflex Arena is an old-school arena shooter that updates the dizzying speed and demanding precision of a classic arena FPS with the power of modern gaming technology. If you spent your youth gibbing your friends in Quake III Arena or Unreal Tournament, then Reflex Arena is what you’ve been missing.
Reflex Arena recreates the lightning-fast twitch gameplay of the golden age of first-person arena shooters. It’s the best of both worlds: the speed and precision of a classic 1990s shooter, reborn inside a bleeding-edge 3D engine custom-built for the latest gaming hardware.
In the 21st century, first-person shooters abandoned the brutal purity of Quake III Arena and Unreal Tournament, but indie studio Turbo Pixel decided it was time for a comeback. There are no chest-high walls to take cover behind here, and no profound insights into the horrors of war—Reflex Arena is nothing but fast, competitive, first-person fun.
Just Check Out All these Features!
- Old-school arena shooter recreated in a gleaming modern game engine, welding 1990s twitch gameplay with all the benefits of modern technology.
- Smart matchmaking, support for group play, statistics tracking, championship ladders and everything else you need for competitive and social online multiplayer.
- Personal servers and full LAN support so you and your friends can play the way you want to without lag slowing you down.
- Classic gameplay modes including free-for-all and team deathmatch, capture the flag and tense one-on-one and two-on-two duels, plus mutators like big head, arena, and instagib.
- Random item drops let you personalize your character with hundreds of cosmetic upgrades, or trade them with other players using Steam Inventory.
- Build a custom map right inside the game, solo or multiplayer, then instantly test it in-game and upload it to the cloud for other players to check out.
- Customize your UI to show you the information you need the most using simple-to-learn Lua scripts, then share your custom UI with other players.
- Full Steam Workshop integration means you can easily browse and download community-created content.
- In-game replay editor with a full suite of features allows players to relive their glories and disappointments and taunt their defeated opponents with highlight reels and frag films
New features coming soon!
- Smart and adaptable AI-controlled bots to keep you on your toes when nobody else is around—use them to hone your skills before plunging into online multiplayer.
- Competitive seasons will reward players for their skills in online matches by immortalizing them on a season leaderboard and awarding them points to spend in the store.
- Competitive points earned in online multiplayer match-ups will be redeemable for cosmetic items for personalizing the look of your combatant: character skins, golden weapons, and more.
Turbo Pixel Studios is a small independent development team in Australia formed by industry veterans with decades of game development experience. Drawn together by a common love of the high-speed, high-performance, no-nonsense shooter experiences of their youth, the team came together around their debut project, Reflex Arena. This old-school competitive arena shooter is the epitome of everything the team loves: classic twitch gameplay enriched by two decades of advances in design and technology.
You are a nameless dreamer, trying to make sense of the mystery that is the Common Dream. You know that deliverance lies within the lost pages of the Necronomicon and in the enigmatic Abyss deep within the Dream. To reach these, however, you must fight through hordes of insane dreamers and eldritch beings, as well as discover your past and the occult history of the Common Dream.<br/><br/><ul><li>H.P. Lovecraft inspired, original story - told carefully piece by piece<br/></li><li>Challenging combat that respects the player's ability to learn and adapt<br/></li><li>Procedural level structure that ensures endless replay value<br/></li><li>Wide array of weapons, items, and foes to offer tons of unique, compelling scenarios<br/></li><li>Permadeath system akin to modern roguelike titles<br/></li><li>Beautiful, stylized pixel art with the audio to match</li></ul><br/>Developed and published by Hunchback Studio<br/>Created by Aleksi Sirviö<br/>Music by Valtteri Hanhijoki
UNLOVED is based on the community award-winning mod for Doom2 with the same name by the same creator. UNLOVED is a strange place. A twisted reality. A nightmare that comes to life. A place where demons and abhorrent monsters manifest and possess the living with only one goal: to end you. Nothing wants you here. And there is no way out. Only the elevator that leads further and further down into the darkness of your insanity.
Play alone or in a group of up to 4 players and explore the endless amount of basement levels that are procedurally arranged every time you enter. Work as a team, open new areas, find weapon-mods, solve personal challenges, complete level objectives and unlock new skills to survive this trip into the unknown.Main FeaturesFast Paced Shooter Gameplay + Coop Features
The game resurrects the old-school fast paced action shooter gameplay. Combined with deadly monsters and modern coop-features that encourage playing in a team to stay alive in a harsh and deadly environment. Find and join other players online or play via LAN. If you don't feel like playing in a team, you can play alone just as well.
Randomly arranged Levels
Every basement area is generated from hand crafted level chunks that are randomly arranged. After that, certain areas get locked by the “Architect” and you have to find certain key items to access them. Every level has final rooms with objectives the player has to complete in order to leave the level.
Create your own unique Play-Style
Besides customizing your appearance, you can also create your own unique play-style. Equip magic trinkets with unearthly powers that can completely change the way you experience the game. Want to become super tough, or do you prefer to run super fast? Do you want to deal lots of damage, or have the highest chances of survival? The right combination of trinkets makes it possible and sets you apart from other players.
Play in 4 different Game Modes
If you want a different experience besides the Ultra Violence, you can also select alternative Game Modes that may suit your style a bit more. Classic Horror gets your blood pumping while you are desperately looking for enough ammunition to survive the next enemy. Arcade Style increases the already fast paced action to the max, giving you the ultimate killing frenzy experience. And then there is the HOT Mode - the most innovative game mode in years...
Find Weapon-Mods to be more efficient
Every weapon can be upgraded with special mods. These can alter the way a weapon functions in dramatic ways. They may change the way the weapon operates, increase fire rate or give boosts like speed reloading.
Gain Karma by completing personal Challenges
You don’t just get experience points for killing monsters. Each time you play, certain challenges are given to you. If you fulfill your personal objectives, you get Karma points that you can spend to upgrade your Persona.
Unlock new Items and the Mysteries that UNLOVED holds
Within the levels are different mysterious objects scattered. By collecting them, you can later unlock new player colors, ranks, trinkets and pieces of information that may or may not have clues about this unearthly realm of insanity.
Categories in common with UNLOVED: Action
32. Wolf Simulator
Wolf Simulator is a simulator of a wolf with elements of survival. Before you start the game you will need to choose the class of a wolf. At the moment there are two of them : "the Warrior" and "Scout". Class wolf depend on various characteristics such as speed, stamina, attack power, etc. as the game progresses, your wolf will grow, participating in battles between packs over territory, to hunt a variety of wild animals ,increasing their strength. In the battles for territory will earn points lead ,which in turn will be used for base and expanding your own pack ,which will be under your authority .
The game world is completely open and is divided into three main areas : the city, wildlife, reserve, in addition, it consists of territories that can belong to the enemy swarms, or to be free, at the moment more than 30.
The city is filled with real people who live their lives, and often choose to rest in the forest or strolling around the Park . But be careful, poachers often set traps or you can run into a disgruntled woodsman with an axe . The forest is filled with various wild animals, which are mostly unfriendly, so be ready.
The game is fully simulated survival in the wild, you will need to satisfy the hunger, thirst, to warm up cold nights or rainy days .
As the game progresses you will encounter a variety of interesting places for exploration, puzzles, and picturesque places, ruins, abandoned houses, caves, etc.
- Dynamic change the time of day and weather conditions (clear sky, partially cloudy, cloudy and thunderstorms, light rain, heavy rain, snow) .
- Advanced artificial intelligence of wild animals and people.
- The elements of horror.
- A large number of areas that need either to capture or to defend against enemy swarms.
- Simulated survival in wild environment with all the factors(health, fatigue, thirst, hunger, the influence of ambient temperature on the body ).
- Big game world to explore.
- And a lot more.
33. Home is Where One Starts...
“I remember when I was a little girl, waiting at the end of my driveway. I had already missed the school bus, but I stood there anyway… envying the birds.”
Home is Where One Starts... is a short, first-person exploration game in the same vein as Dear Esther or Gone Home. It’s an experience where every object has been carefully placed to tell a poignant story—a story about childhood, hope, and the miracle of memory. You play as a little girl from a broken home somewhere in the American South. Exploring the lonely countryside reveals clues and vignettes which help the player answer the question of where home is—and how one can get there.Key features:
- A quiet, non-linear story told by the future self of a reflective narrator
- Inspired by the rural countryside and stories like John Steinbeck’s East of Eden and Terrence Malick’s The Tree of Life
- A 15-30 minute experience that can be completed in one sitting
- An experience that focuses on atmosphere rather than action or puzzles
- A rich, detailed environment that rewards players who explore with story insights and secret endings
- Oculus Rift DK2 support (currently in beta)
34. CASE: Animatronics
Welcome to the police department, where working late can lead to tragic consequences. You're John Bishop, a swamped-with-work detective who tirelessly carries out your investigations late into the night. But tonight you are pulled from your precious few hours of rest ,and a strange dream, by a mysterious call from an old “friend.” Turning your fight to find the truth into a fight to survive the night.
Your police department is left without electricity. The security system has been hacked. All exits are locked. But that is not the real problem.
Someone… something is following you. Red eyes shine from dark corners and the sound of shifting, clanking metal echoes through the once safe halls.. You know them simply as animatronics, but something unknown and horrifying is driving them. Figure out what is going on, survive the night, and remember - no one will care if you scream.FEATURES
- A tablet to watch the security cameras carefully. You will use a tablet to watch the security cameras, and you need to be seriously careful. Using the environment of the police station is the key to salvation and survival. Be quiet, be alert, move fast. Your only tools, the only things you can rely on, are your legs, your tablet, and a torch.
- Hide & Sneak. Use closets and cabinets to sneak between animatronics and try to catch a silent breath.
- Animatronics. The steel legs and arms will treat you well. Get ready to be confused by their abilities. Be prepared to react to the unexpected.
- Figure out what’s happening. Explore the police department in search of explanations. Don’t forget to listen to the world around you and keep track of the changes around. The only one that can save your life, is you.
35. Witch Hunt
Witch Hunt is a horror themed hunting game that takes place in the 18th century. Main focus of the game is on exploration, non-linearity, and atmosphere. Witch Hunt features lite RPG elements in form of a financial system and a skill system.
You play as a witch hunter who took the task of eliminating all evil that settled in the woods near the town of Bellville. To achieve your goals, you'll be able to use weapons, magic, and other tools that can be found and bought.Key Features:
- Large environments
- Non-linear gameplay
- Skill system
- Financial system
- No hand holding
- Different kinds of enemies
- Suspenseful creepy atmosphere
- Gamepad support for 50 controllers
36. Pineview Drive
A one-of-a-kind horror shocker – a game aware of your fear!
An old abandoned mansion lies at the dead end of Pineview Drive. A troubled man is standing at its gates, looking over the property. 20 years ago he had visited this estate with his wife Linda. During their stay his beloved vanished without a trace – her mysterious disappearance unresolved.
For 20 years no clues, for 20 years no peace, for 20 years this house on Pineview Drive has not relinquished its tormenting grip on him. Now, he returns in hopes of coming to terms with his nightmarish past.
The ominous legends haunting this seaside lodge have become renown. The stories abound that no one has been able to endure more than 30 days within the mansion since Linda’s disappearance. Facing a force greater than you ever imagined, you must cross the threshold and confront the evil that envelops this cryptic cottage. To solve the mystery of Linda’s disappearance and lift the veil on this troubling history, there is no time to spare.Features
The game watches your every move and reaction - you will need steady nerves if you want to survive the game unscathed. In this extraordinary gaming experience, any trace of fear comes at a price – your life. Get ready for a ground-breaking spine-chiller.
- 30 in-game days: Each one allows you to delve further into the secrets of the house on Pineview Drive
- Every move and reaction is being watched: Do not get yourself worked up or you will lose precious health
- Premium sound scenery and effects: Every tone will run your blood cold
- Breathtaking horror atmosphere: Face your deepest fears within the house
- Additional game modes (introduced with Update 1.5):
- Open House Today: Explore the mansion in bright daylight
- Scarecrow - The Eight Letters: Collect eight Letters that are scattered within the house and garden - but watch out for the scarecrow
- Open House Today: Explore the mansion in bright daylight
37. The Cursed Forest
The Cursed Forest is a horror-adventure game in which you will collide with dangerous mystical creature that is living in the autumn forest. You need to make a ritual for release the innocent soul that prisoned in the monstrous appearance.
Over a year ago The Cursed Forest, a horror-adventure game, was released and became widely popular. Now the original game’s creator KPy3O is working with team Noostyche to take you back into the forest again. Using the updated version of CRYENGINE, The Cursed Forest will be returning with enhanced graphics, a new storyline and many more improved features.
The old version is still available to download for free here:
When your character received the message that his mother was in the hospital he rushed to her aid, taking a shortcut by driving down an old, forgotten road through an ominous autumnal forest. When something appeared in front of his car and caused him to crash he was lost amongst the trees. The dark forest is hiding many secrets and creatures that wish to harm whatever crosses their path. Now it is up to him to uncover the mysteries of the past and save an innocent soul. But will he be able to survive long enough to do it?Game Features
- Choosing your own path and explore the dark beauty of the mystical forest.
- Survive sudden and dangerous situations, navigating though deadly traps set by an evil spirit.
- Uncover a highly immersive story with an ominous and creepy atmosphere. Find in-game notes and discover the hidden tales of those who lived in the Cursed Forest, the history of the location and what happened to the lost expeditions who were unlucky enough to venture into the forest.
Can you stop the darkness that is rising?
38. Survival Zombies The Inverted Evolution
WHAT IS SURVIVAL ZOMBIES
Survival Zombies is a bloody chaotic survival first person shooter that pits heavily armed players against humanity's greatest fear - hordes of undead
Survival Zombies is something you have never seen before
Day and night options, rain, night vision, different enemy types, bosses, grenades and loads of guns to put them down.
Use your wits, speed and anything you can get your hands on in epic zombie brawl!.
You wake up dazed and confused, probably from the effects of cryosleep.
No one can be seen around, but you soon start to find the bodies of your dead crewmen.
The ship is adrift, and whoever – or whatever – killed your crewmates is probably still around.
Syndrome is a sci-fi survival horror game that takes place aboard the "Valkenburg", an exploration and science ship equipped with the most advanced systems in the Novacore fleet.
You need to find out what happened to your crewmen and do whatever you can to survive this nightmare.
The enemies are powerful and numerous, which means that stealth and evasion are often the best strategy.
You'll find weapons aboard the ship, but ammo is scarce and should be wisely spent.FEATURES
● Claustrophobic horror: The action takes place inside a spaceship. There are countless horrors inside, both physical and psychological.
● Fight or hide: There are weapons on the ship, but not enough ammo to take everyone out. Use them wisely.
● Engaging storyline: Nothing is what it seems. Something very bad happened aboard the ship, and it’s up to you to find out what’s really going on.
● Reactive enemies: They’ll follow noises and investigate any disturbances.
● Interactive scenario: There’s plenty of exploration to do inside the ship, and many things to discover.
ROKH is a futuristic survival game, deeply rooted in scientific and realistic anticipation.
Players will have to work together to overcome the many threats they will have to face on planet Mars.
Created by team members behind Thief, Half Life 2, Dishonored, Age of Conan and Assassin’s Creed, ROKH is an adaptive survival game that is built on top of Unreal Engine 4 and deeply rooted in science. Players will land on Mars to find that the previously developed human colonies have been decimated and they must work together to overcome and survive. ROKH features a persistent world and co-op multiplayer.
In ROKH, players explore the Martian landscape as they scavenge through the deserted structures to gather the resources they need in order to survive. With few blueprints, they must use their ingenuity to create tools from a variety of materials and construct their own encampments with no design limitations - giving new meaning to “Assembly Required.”
ROKH is a complete immersion into a cold and dry land that harbors a wealth of resources to extract and exploit. Players will explore Mars, paving the way for settlers to come, as Earth’s resources are tapped and the planet is dying. Mars is hostile and joining forces with friends increases efficiency and invites trade and barter to develop a habitable, yet, customized ecosystem. ROKH is a mix of crafting, survival and exploration with an overarching story, that allows to freeform and build a colony how they want.Early Access Key Features
ROKH features tile-based assembly inviting you to design and construct your habitat the way you want. Build on your own or work with others to create a fully customized, massive Martian colony. Clever builders will ensure their structures can support future add-ons to maximize resources.
Each and every one of your moves serves one goal: survive! You will need oxygen, food and water, and to protect yourself from heat, cold, radiation and injury. While Mars offers some accessible resources, you will need to be adaptive and creative to properly develop your colony.
A BEAUTIFUL AND DEADLY PLANET
Through Unreal Engine 4’s visual capabilities, you will explore the wonders of the red planet. From majestic dunes, biomes, crash sites, abandoned bases and frightening and deep valleys, you will visit a variety locations to find life-saving resources and uncover the mysterious demise of the first colonists. Mars is deadly and being outside on a frozen night or stuck in a sandstorm can lead to fatal results.
FREEFORM CRAFTING AND MODULARITY
Instead of classic blueprints, ROKH’s crafting system is based on modularity. Devices, tools and weapons are craftable and customizable, but must also serve your needs. Some crafted devices can be socketed into your walls to automate tasks, provide heavier defense systems, increase survivability, provide creature comforts and much more.Upcoming Key Features
- Combat system
- Completely craftable vehicles
- In-game programming system
- Hacking system
- Deep space suit upgrading system
- Food growth system
- Community events
41. Depths of Fear :: Knossos
Depths of Fear :: Knossos is a Greek-themed 1st person adventure game with stealth, action and edge-of-your-seat elements within rogue-like procedurally generated levels. You will run. You will hide. You will fight. You will die.
The fate of Athens is in your hands as you step into the role of legendary Greek hero Theseus. Offering yourself for tribute unto the corrupt King Minos, you embark upon a perilous quest deep beneath the city of Knossos to slay the twisted mythical beast - The Minotaur. But, before you can complete this hero's journey you must steadfast the trials of ever-changing creature-filled labyrinths. Collect gold to deal with Daedalus, building up your armory whilst seeking out the mythological medallions that unlock a master sword, the only weapon known that can pierce the Minotaur's cursed flesh. May the gods of Greece be with you, son of Poseidon!
- An ever changing Labyrinth: Each stage in Depths of Fear is crafted to never be the same twice creating a constant state of tension of the unknown.
- Face the Beasts of Ancient Greece: Survive encounters against 8 immortal legendary creatures: Saytr, Cerberus, Centaur, Manticore, Griffin, Medusa, Hydra and the horror of the Minotaur.
- Diverse Gameplay: To survive one must learn when to sneak through the shadows, when to run and when to engage in combat as they attempt to survive each rung down into in the darkness.
- Knowledge is Power: Appease the gods by finding their books and earning their favor for special powers such as lightening from Zeus, Speed from Hermes, Earth shaking might from Poseidon or the illuminating light of Apollo.
- Build an Arsenal: Loot the labyrinths for gold to purchase 8 trusty weapons that range from Blades and Clubs to the Trident and Crossbow. Use these weapons to secure the 8 creature medallions that unlock the only weapon known that can slay the legendary beast Minotaur.
- Challenge the Unknown: When the adventure ends, the game has just begun. Beneath the skull a never-ending challenge awaits in the entrance of the unknown that provides countless replay value. How far down can you make it?
- Unique & Adaptive soundtrack: Featuring a tension-based music system, the soundtrack (recorded with mind-altering 70’s era synthesizers) adapts to your situation.
Sumoman is an adventure puzzle platformer with advanced physics, destructible objects and the ability to reverse time. Solve various physical puzzles, trying to keep the unstable Sumoman on his feet in challenging environments.
A young Sumoman is returning home from a sumo tournament only to find his fellow countrymen in a dramatic peril. Someone has enchanted the inhabitants of the island, putting them into an eternal slumber. Our clumsy, yet fearless hero starts his journey across the beautiful, ancient Japan to find the source of the magical dream. He will have to overcome puzzling contraptions and threatening surroundings in order to break the dream spell and wake up the charmed people. Sumoman makes no haste, however, because nothing would be worse for our noble hero than to fall over and lie helplessly.Key Features
- Unstable main hero. Sumoman can't get up if he falls over.
- Time reverse feature. Every sumo wrestler can rewind time. Didn't you know?
- Physical puzzles. Can you solve even the simplest puzzle if Sumoman falls over every time?
- Lots of humor and Easter Eggs.
- Split-screen mode with special competitive levels for 2 players. Be faster than your friend in sumo racing, or beat them in the King of the Hill mode.
43. Zula - Europe
Zula is a free-to-play online first person shooter. In Zula you will discover real unique locations as Istanbul, Northern Iraq and other places of the middle east, as well as indoor maps. Ten maps are available for now, all of them have their own particularities and offer a unique challenge. You will totally immerse yourself in the world of Zula thanks to very realistic graphics.
As player, you will be able to choose between two different factions of fighters: Zula, a group of vigilantes misunderstood as an organized crime syndicate and Gladyo, an international paramilitary force that has infiltrated almost every military organization worldwide.
The game has various game modes as for example Team Deathmatch, Capture the Flag, Free for All or Wanted, and new ones are on the way! Sixteen playable characters, inspired by popular TV heroes and with a unique background story, are available. In order to achieve an authentic feel, all character outfits and equipment are based on exact paramilitary specs. Moreover, you will have the choice between more than 150 weapons and new ones are regularly added to the game as well as items.
Enjoy all special features of this incredible shooter and do not forget about the mission system in which you will earn fabulous prizes.
Play with your friends, improve your character skills, create a clan and participate in tournaments.
Zula offers you a realistic experience like you have never seen before, so don’t miss your objective, come forth and prove your bravery!
44. Fog Of War - Free Edition
The action of the game Fog Of War takes place during the Second World War.
Early Sunday morning, June 22, 1941, Germany, with the support of its allies - Italy, Hungary, Romania, Finland and Slovakia - all of a sudden and without warning attacked the USSR and began the Great Patriotic War.
You can play the game alone or with your friends. Occupy strategic positions, move by feet or take transport. You may join existing groups or create your own, use any techniques and teach them to your allies. Each character has unique set of weapons and transportation, you can use any of them. But you need to benefit your team and your options will depend only on your personal performance. Now you know why you're here. Join any squad and show what you can do.
During the game you can unlock anything that affects the process of the play. Varieties of items, will be available to purchase: jewelry, additional content or media content, or anything else. But opportunities to influence the gameplay will not.
Whoever you choose to play with you will earn experience points. You can gain this points by increasing the level of your account,developing your skills and completing daily quests. Further, for the experience earned by your character you can purchase any additional features.
Fog Of War is the first-person game. Management is easy to learn for experienced players and beginners as well.
45. Roots of Insanity
Description of the Game
What had started as an ordinary night shift at the August Valentine Hospital has turned into a night of chaos and horror for you. As Dr. Riley McClein, you have to figure out what is real and what is not as you try to uncover the mysterious happenings at the hospital, while also trying to deal with your epileptic attacks that have haunted you all your life. You will need to whatever you can to survive the night and most importantly, keep your sanity.
Roots of Insanity is an fps/tps, survival/horror game designed and developed in Unreal Engine by Crania Games. The game tells the tale of Dr. Riley McClein as he tries to survive through a maelstrom of horror and mystery in the August Valentine Hospital, while also struggling with his epileptic attacks.
- Immersive combat system lets you hack, slash, kick and shoot as you fight for your life.
- Unique storyline with many unexpected twists and turns.
- Optional areas to be discovered and explored.
- Random loot system.
46. Better Late Than DEAD
Explore an open sandbox environment which, depending on your intention, could have or could not have a foreseeable end. But as you investigate further, you may notice some suspicious activity including animals that would not normally be found in an area like this and some inconsistencies that lead to more questions. It is up to you to discover the answers.
Craft items, quench your thirst, satisfy your hunger, fend off animals… What will you really need to escape the island? The answers are waiting.FEATURES:
• Craft items using a combination of objects and methods like tying and cutting
• Build a shelter to protect you from rain and dangerous animals
• Online Multiplayer
• Lose blood, break bones, become poisoned and stave off hunger and thirst
• Varying weather conditions that affect gameplay
• Procedurally generated items that the player must find to leave the island
• Dangerous animals including wolves, spiders and bears
• Capture animals using traps
• Permadeath – Will you be able to escape the island or will you succumb to its menace?Other titles from Excalibur Games
47. Crying is not Enough
Crying is not Enough is a Third-Person game that belongs to Action Adventure / Survival Horror genre.
The player has to face enemies, using weapons and other survival mechanisms. He has to solve various puzzles and make progress by slowly unfolding the story.
Story: The game is about the story of a 35 year-old Jacob Helten and more specifically with his experiences after Claire’s serious injury to a car accident.
A few weeks after the accident Claire’s health begins to improve significantly, but before getting discharged, she disappears mysteriously from the hospital.
The same evening, an unknown woman approaches Jacob, claiming that she knows where his wife is, while declaring her willingness to help him.
At this point, a dark journey begins, in a mysterious distant place, where soon the central character will understand that the disappearance of his wife is nothing more than a small incident of a puzzle that has yet to be unfolded. Soon he will find himself entangled in a game for harsh players, full of hatred, fear and intrigue, which although he is not the center, he is forced to adapt and survive, or at least he thinks so…
48. Phantasmal: Survival Horror Roguelike
Experience Terror that is Never the Same Twice with Phantasmal: City of Darkness, a procedurally generated survival horror where every playthrough is completely different. You simply cannot rely on your previous experience to guarantee safe passage.
You will need to face off against lurking, otherworldly horrors in the perilous, run-down Kowloon Walled City before its destruction in the early 90s.
You are fragile. Not just physically, but mentally as well. The grotesque creatures will challenge your very sanity and losing your mind can be a fate worse than death!
The odds are stacked steeply against you, but you can prevail through sheer cunning. You must scavenge for resources carefully, sneak past and distract your enemies. If you are caught, you can fight back, but don’t expect to live for very long.
The environment has been carefully crafted by none other than Brian Bell, critically acclaimed lighting lead of several Hollywood movies, including Riddick, Life of Pi, Ring 2.
- Fear the unknown: Every ramshackle, disgusting room and corridor is uniquely generated - battle your anxiety as you’ll never know what comes next!
- Don't Go Insane: Facing terrifying creatures and skulking in the suffocating darkness will erode your sanity until you can no longer tell the difference between reality and illusion!
- Tread Softly: Every fight you have could be your last. Sneak past and distract your enemies as much as possible.
- Light, Both an Ally and Enemy: Every asset to survivability has a price. Use light sources wisely - you’ll need them to restore your sanity, but you’ll risk being seen!
- Scavenge to Survive: Scrounge the environment for anything you can use: from firecrackers and flares through to wooden boards and metal pipes. Guns are rare, but if you find one remember that every bit of noise you make will attract more creatures, and eventually much, much worse!
- Permadeath: This is a high stakes game - once you die, the game is over! However you retain any money you've earned to upgrade your stats or buy critical items to help you survive longer next time!
Categories in common with Phantasmal: Survival Horror Roguelike: Indie
Story of Montas
You wake up at the desk of Joseph Walker, an accountant working for a firm in the city of Montas.
Normal life for Joseph has become a distant memory, haunted by nightmares of events that didn't happen, and cursed with unsettling hallucinations wherever he goes. As a result of stress and anxiety, Joseph is now an alcoholic.
Paranoia is growing, and the situation worsens when police begin to question locals about recent murders in the area. What is happening to Joseph?... and what is Montas hiding?
Features of Montas
- Run or hide from enemies
- Use the environment to your advantage, if it's not already out to get you
- Uncover vast underground labyrinths occupied by the unknown
- Discover secret areas and hidden content
- Explore numerous environments and conditions; bright, dark, new, old, safe, dangerous, real and imaginary
- Play using keyboard or controller
- Full support for the Oculus Rift DK1
- Final version to support DK2 in Unreal Engine 4
The player is the audience, Montas is the play, and you are invited up on stage...
Welcome to the Opera.
Montas on Early Access
We feel that Early Access is a great way to engage with the community, test integration of Virtual Reality peripherals and receive feedback on the game while supporting development of the final product. Montas on Early Access is built with UDK (Unreal Engine 3), and development is underway on the final version in Unreal Engine 4.
The price of Montas on Early Access and the price of the full game will remain $10. Those who purchase Montas on Early Access will also receive the Collector's Edition on release of the final game, which includes the digital Artbook and Soundtrack all together valued at $30.
50. Another Sight
ANOTHER SIGHT is a surreal fantasy adventure with steampunk elements set in London in 1899, towards the end of the Victorian era. With an emphasis on culture and character, ANOTHER SIGHT focuses on the emotional development of the relationship between its two protagonists, Kit, a refreshingly intrepid teenager, and Hodge – a mysterious red-furred cat. They meet in the darkness of a London Underground construction site, after Kit loses her sight when the tunnel she had been exploring collapses. They team up for an adventure into the unexpected, with Hodge proving himself to be an indispensable companion, upon whom Kit will come to rely. Kit and Hodge explore a surreal fantasy world, both together and separately, each using their own unique talents to make their way through compelling environments, and to solve intriguing puzzles. Beneath London, in a world inspired by Neil Gaiman’s urban fantasy, Neverwhere, Kit and Hodge encounter a hidden society made up of the world’s greatest inventors and finest artistic minds, including Claude Monet, Nikola Tesla, Thomas Edison and other historical cultural icons.Another Sight Gameplay Features:
AN EMOTIVE ADVENTURE – A story about a girl and her cat companion on a journey beyond sight and the real world. A tale of affection and intrigue is woven throughout the adventure, touching on trust and companionship, and the consequences of losing what we take for granted. The innovative gameplay and emotional story are galvanized through a soundscape brought to life by a symphonic orchestra, emphasizing the most memorable moments on Kit and Hodge's emotional and physical journey.
MASTERS FROM THE PAST - Throughout their journey, Kit and Hodge will meet celebrated virtuosos such as Claude Monet and other historical cultural figures, and learn more about the world and the dangers it presents. These encounters have a visual impact on the world, as Kit's perception alters according to the aesthetics of each famous character's creative movement.
NARRATIVE-DRIVEN GAMEPLAY – Use the unique abilities of each character to help Kit and Hodge traverse the world and overcome environmental challenges. Kit and Hodge can split up to investigate different areas of the locale that the other may not be able to reach, with both Kit and Hodge perceiving the world in very different ways, opening up different possibilities for overcoming the obstacles they are faced with on their adventure.