The best games like Cossacks 3 are:
- arrow_rightCossacks II: Battle for Europe
- arrow_rightSid Meier’s Civilization VI
- arrow_rightAge of Empires II HD
- arrow_rightS.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky
- arrow_rightTropico 4
- arrow_rightOddworld: New 'n' Tasty
- arrow_rightAge of Wonders III
- arrow_rightSniper Elite 3
100 Best Games Like Cossacks 3:
Filter by Platform Select a Platformarrow_drop_down
- PC (100)
- Xbox One (25)
- PlayStation 4 (29)
- iOS (26)
- Android (16)
- macOS (71)
- Linux (45)
- Nintendo Switch (13)
- Nintendo 3DS (1)
- Nintendo DS (3)
- Xbox 360 (27)
- Xbox (2)
- PlayStation 3 (28)
- PlayStation 2 (5)
- PlayStation (3)
- PS Vita (3)
- PSP (3)
- Wii U (2)
- Wii (5)
- GameCube (2)
- Nintendo 64 (1)
- Game Boy Advance (2)
- Game Boy Color (2)
- Commodore / Amiga (2)
- Atari ST (1)
- SEGA 32X (1)
- Dreamcast (1)
- Web (1)
1. Cossacks II: Battle for Europe
Let the battle begin! The Cossacks II: Battle for Europe add-on continues the renowned Cossacks II:Napoleonic Wars game. It depicts the rather short historic period of the Napoleonic wars. The Napoleon wars changed Europe forever, leading to the formation of empires and putting an end to almost one thousand years of constant strife between small states. The game provides mass-scale battles between thousands-strong armies of the nations involved in conflicts during this period. The theatres of operation introduce France, Britain, Austria, Russia, Prussia, Egypt, and three nations not represented in the original game – Spain, the Grand Duchy of Warsaw (Poland), and the Confederation of the Rhine.
The Cossacks II: Battle for Europe reconstructs in detail the soldiers' uniforms weapons and architecture of each nation. Each nation's army has its unique units and possibilities. The game includes over 180 units 190 buildings and 1200 flora and fauna elements. When developing the combat system the peculiarities of early 19th century warring were taken into account as was the value of formations provisions and troop morale. Tactical tricks utilized by military commanders of the time are fully reflected in the game. An "honest" system of bullet and cannonball ballistics based on physics is an innovative addition to the Cossacks engine. Other engine features include 3-dimensional landscaping which creates realistic-looking scenery and towns and impacts combat tactics. For example the firing range of a subdivision of soldiers or a cannon positioned at the top of a hill is greater than the firing range of a unitstationed on flat terrain.Key features:
- Control the French, Russians, Austrians, Britons, Prussians, or Egyptians -- master new weapons and tactics during a time that redefined the meaning of modern warfare.
- Fight through historically inspired battles of the 19th century, with massive armies colliding in different types of terrain and weather.
- Battles on real historical scale with tens of thausands of units on one map.
- Realistic Troop Morale System - Well-fed troops live longer and grow in experience to become valuable battlefield assets, while fierce and overwhelming opponents, or marching long distances will cause morale to drop
- Enhanced diplomacy tools help you create treaties that give you the advantages
Categories in common with Cossacks II: Battle for Europe: Strategy
2. Sid Meier’s Civilization VI
The sixth installment in Sid Meier’s Civilization series. Like in all previous Civilization games, the player controls one of eighteen unique historical civilizations, builds its cities, explores the hexagonal map of the world, researches technologies, develops his country's culture, establishes relationships with other civilizations and wages wars. All the traditional victory types are in place, and a new one, religious, is introduced.
A distinct new feature in the sixth part is that city improvements are no more concentrated in each city's only main tile. Instead, they are distributed throughout its whole surrounding area. Each of them is now considered a "district" with a specific purpose, and some of them should be built only on specific terrain. Similarly, wonders now occupy tiles on their own. Technology tree was also modified to take into account the player's terrain improvements that may speed up the research of certain technologies. Cultural achievements, such as Opera or Drama, are no more considered "technologies" and form a separate Civics research tree instead. Also, unlike most of its predecessors, Civilization VI allows stacking similar types of military units.
3. Age of Empires II HD
Age of Empires II HD is a strategy game, the remastered version of the original game with improved graphics and some new features including the Workshop compatibility. It's followed by three expansions: The Forgotten, The African Kingdoms and The Rise of the Rajas that add new civilizations, campaigns, and modes to the game.
In Age of Empires II HD, you develop the selected civilization from the Dark Ages to the modern time. You have multiple units to complete different tasks such as mining resources, explore the world and fight enemies. You can also reveal new technologies and upgrade your units. There are different ways to win: you can either fight the enemy civilization or choose a peaceful way and develop your science and culture instead of war. To develop efficiently, you need to manage resources carefully.
Categories in common with Age of Empires II HD: Strategy
4. S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky
The second installment of the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. franchise is set one year before the events of Shadow of Chernobyl and serves as its prequel. You will explore the forbidden area around Chernobyl, Ukraine, after a new disaster that turned into The Zone, a post-apocalyptic wasteland full of mutants. The setting was inspired by a Russian sci-fi book Roadside Picnic and its adaptation Stalker. Scar, the main character of Clear Sky, is a stalker, which in this world is a term for guides and explorers in The Zone. He was hit by an energy beam that gave him a superhuman ability to survive The Zone’s phenomena. Scar joins the Clear Sky, a secret science organization that studies The Zone’s anomalies. Strelok, an important character from the previous game, appears as the main antagonist.
Like its predecessor, Clear Sky is a combination of first-person shooter gameplay with RPG mechanics like skills, leveling up, dialogue, and inventory. The player is free to explore the open world and accept quests unrelated to the central plot from various NPCs and factions. Compared to Shadow of Chernobyl, the prequel has improved graphics, additional options for customization and equipment repair and a complete day/night cycle.
5. Tropico 4
Tropico 4 is a simulator/strategy game, where the player takes control of a small island nation as its president. The game is the fourth installment in the series, which have seen lots of changes throughout its existence.
The game focuses on the well-being of your nation’s citizens, the political sphere around the country and the economics. The player will face various difficulties in guiding the country through one of the most challenging times of our world. Victory can be swift, but the consequences will always happen. The unique art style of the game, as well as the soundtrack and in-game humor, will provide an excellent experience for new and seasoned players alike.
The different paths that can be taken in the game for success’s sake will challenge the players to make the most exquisite decisions, and the overall goal of making all people happy is a challenge in itself. Juggling between different factions of people, dealing with disagreement, and sometimes foreign invasions and natural hazards.
6. Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty
Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty is a platformer developed by Just Add Water. It is a complete remake of the first installment in the series, Oddworld: Abe's Odyssey.
The game tells a story of a prisoner of the biggest meat-processing plant on Oddworld. The Protagonist is a Mudokon named Abe who is a floor-waxer and an Employee of the Year. With the ingredients for the company's main products running out, the owner of the plant decides to launch a new treat named "Mudokon Pops!". Overhearing that, Abe decides to escape and free all Mudokon slaves he can find.
New 'n' Tasty is a 2.5D scrolling platformer with the main focus on puzzle solving. The player can talk and direct other Mudokons. The objective is to find and rescue 299 Mudokon slaves by getting them out of the plant through portals. Some Mudokons are hidden in secret areas.
New 'n' Tasty features good and bad endings. The outcome depends on the number of saved slaves. Saving over 150 Mudokons results in a good ending, which is considered canon.
7. Age of Wonders III
Age of Wonders 3 is a turn-based strategy game developed by Triumph Studios. It is the fourth title in the Age of Wonders game series.
Age of Wonders 3 is a fantasy game. It tells the story of a conflict between the Commonwealth Empire and the alliance of dark and forest elves. While the Commonwealth desires to take over the world and push all the old customs and traditions aside, elves fight to prevent such a thing from ever happening. Elves gather all the oppressed races and nations together to take the fight back to humans.
Age of Wonders 3 gameplay is based around a 4X principle, which focuses on exploration, expansion, exploitation, and extermination. The players slowly build up their empire from the ground up. Multiple ways of achieving that are available, such as diplomacy, colonization, or plain old simple war.
At the beginning of the game, the players choose and customize the character they will play as. This character becomes a leader of a specific nation in the game. Six races are available. The races have their own perks, which must be carefully chosen to suit the player's play style.
The leader and empire perk trees are present in the game. As the players build up their empire, new units and buildings become available. There are 6 leader classes available for the players. Leaders can gain experience and level themselves up. The game also features a karma system, which influences the way the players are seen by their people.
8. Sniper Elite 3
This prequel to Sniper Elite V2 is set three years before the events of the previous game, in Northern Africa during the World War II. The player assumes the role of US special forces operative Karl Fairburne. His task is to eliminate the Nazi German general Franz Vahlen before he completes his project of a doomsday weapon. The locations and background events are inspired by the real historical places and battles.
The gameplay is strongly oriented towards stealth action. Your protagonist is a talented marksman who can use a variety of sniper rifles. Finding a perfect spot to snipe from is as important as changing it, since you cannot hold one position for too long without being detected. Fairburne’s condition and the environment influence his accuracy; for example, he cannot shoot straight after running or against the wind. A unique targeting system allows you to see where your bullet will hit the enemy’s body or a vehicle and the amount of damage it can deal. Fairburne can also use other types of guns, as well as explosives. Kills earn the player the points that push your character towards higher ranks. Besides the story mode, there’s a co-op mode and five multiplayer modes, including the classic deathmatch and “capture the flag”.
9. Renegade Ops
A rare opportunity to so wholly quench the thirst for total destruction. The game understands this desire and does everything to make it happen. Yes, there is a story in the game, but the main thing is that there are tremendous opportunities to see on the screen a bright consequence of all your destructive impulses.
Your small car or helicopter rushes around the locations, bringing down the streams of fire. The game reality is repeatedly and colourfully detonated from every touch. The game continually offers more and more appetising victims - cars, flying and swimming devices, limousines and buildings, which can be destroyed entirely or in pieces, inflicting wounds one by one or killing with one blow.
It is clear that you are busy with all these mass destructions so you cannot observe the rules of the road - the game is favourably treated with the manner of your car to fly into a skid or to demolish fences not only by guns but also by bumpers. Navigation and management are also skillfully designed - and intended to not to distract you from the massacre.
10. Endless Legend
This is a 4X turn-based strategy from the Endless series from developers who previously worked on the projects of the French publisher Ubisoft. Endless Legend unlike other games of the series uses a fantasy setting, many fans of the genre named the game fantasy-world Civilization.
Players will have to lead one of the factions and through exploration, battles and diplomacy gain control over the game’s world. The action takes place in the fictional kingdom of Auriga, with each playthrough, data on ecosystems and landscapes are created randomly, assuming each new take on the game is not similar to the previous one. The seizure of territory and its development occurs with the help of cities.
For development, it is necessary to collect the resources that are used to construct and recruit the army. In total there are five such resources: food, industry, unique for the series of play dust, science and influence, and 13 factions with unique units and gameplay.
11. Sid Meier's Civilization IV
As with the rest of Sid Meier’s Civilization series, the player controls a real historical civilization and leads it from the stone age to the space era. The goal is to develop its culture, science, and economy and to conquer the neighboring countries if you feel like it. There are eighteen playable civilizations in the game with some of them having multiple leaders to choose from. Each PC-controlled leader is based on an actual historical figure and has his or her unique personality traits, such as being diplomatic or aggressive.
Civilization IV was the first to introduce different religions rather than an abstract "religion" as a concept. There are seven available religions that can be founded during the game and spread across the map, increasing their founder's influence and boosting his citizens' happiness. The fourth part also introduced the idea of Great People, such as scientists, artists, and prophets, who are also based on actual persons. Corruption mechanic was removed and replaced with expensive building maintenance. Barbarians, who used to be just random enemy units, now can build cities that, however, will not contact with the player via diplomacy and should only be eliminated.
Categories in common with Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Strategy
12. Europa Universalis IV
Europa Universalis IV is a global strategy game developed by Paradox Interactive. It is the fifth game in the series, not counting the add-ons.
The game can take place at any time starting from the late Middle Age to the Napolean Wars era. The player can control any country there is in the game. It is possible to choose any starting date from November 11th, 1444 to January 1st, 1821.
The player controls every aspect of life in his country. Diplomacy, religion (with each religion having its own development system), trading, science, and exploring the new lands (such as the Americas, Africa, and Australia). The player also has the country's military under their control. Every aspect of that time's society falls totally under the control of the player. You can build a new colonial superpower, become a dictator, establish a total dictatorship, or create a prosperous, democratic trade empire.
There is no clear objective in the game. Instead, it is set by the player. However, the developers try to guide the player into playing certain scenarios by using the in-game achievement system. For example, one of the game's achievements is to unite Italy.
It is also possible to transfer the progress from another game made by Paradox Interactive, Crusader Kings 2, to Europa Universalis IV.
Categories in common with Europa Universalis IV: Strategy
13. Sonic Adventure 2
In the fight between heroes and villains, will you choose to save the world or conquer it? The hunt for the Chaos Emeralds is on and battle lines have been drawn between Hero and Dark. Experience two unique adventures featuring both long-time heroes and new and returning villains as they battle for the fate of the world! Sonic Adventure™ 2 makes its return on Xbox LIVE Arcade with a full cast of playable heroes and villains, exciting two-player competitive modes, Chao Gardens, and more than 30 action-packed stages, all remastered in HD!
14. Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II: Retribution
Another game in the Warhammer universe which seeks to replicate the success of the legendary Dawn War released back in the 2000s. Dawn of War II Retribution is a standalone expansion pack that features new faction: the Imperial Guard.
The game is set in the fictional universe of Warhammer known for its factions and gore visuals. In this expansion, there are new campaigns for all game races. The action takes place in the Sub-sector Aurelia 10 years after the last installment in the series.
The developers tried to re-invent the genre of RTS, adding elements of the popular MOBA genre. The player gains control over a squad of units led by a hero and completes missions at different locations in the game’s universe. Hero levels up gather items of different rarity, learns new skills and abilities to overtop enemies and bosses.
Base building is still present in the game, albeit in a truncated form: in multiplayer, players must develop their outpost. The addition also adds a new hero to the roster and new enemy types to beat.
Categories in common with Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II: Retribution: Strategy
15. Age of Empires III: Complete Collection
Age of Empires 3 Complete Collection is a real-time strategy, a sequel to Age of Empires II: The Age of Kings. It includes the original game and two expansions: The Warchiefs and The Asian Dynasties, that add new playable civilizations.
Like in previous titles in the series, in Age of Empires 3 you choose and develop a civilization through ages. To progress you gather and manage resources, explore the world, upgrade the technology and units. The series’ new feature is the Home City, a separate powerhouse that provides additional options for your development, including unique upgrades you can use during the match. The goal of the game is to overcome AI or online opponents.
Age of Empires 3 features a political system. With each new age you choose politicians you want to support. They give you a certain bonus, for example, extra supplies or military units.
Besides a free mode, the game has a campaign divided into three acts. Instead of step-by-step development you take control of a civilization at the set time period and complete tasks.
16. Eador. Masters of the Broken World
Eador is an infinite space in which fragments of hard rock fly. Each fragment is a world in which there are inhabitants.
There are also Masters in this Universe, able to collect fragments into larger worlds. In these worlds, the Masters behave like benefactors or tyrants - it depends on the nature of each Master.
You play for one of the Masters. And sooner or later you realize that you can only compete with all other Masters. This rivalry can not be won by the use of brute force. Simple, primitive strategy game does not reward.
The basis for the growth of our own world is astral energy - it is generated by every fragment. Energy may even affects the amount of gold received for the correct course in the game.
In addition to gold, there is another "currency" - "blue crystals". Gold is able to buy us "ordinary" things - soldiers, builders or loyalty. Blue crystals may be converted into magical actions. By magical actions, too, you can achieve goals quite common - to hit or steal.
The game units are not impersonal, as they play, they gain skills, gain strength. The choice of these skills is very large, and the choice of various finds and places where these findings can be found is very large too. The choice of events taking place in the worlds is also diverse.
Everything that happens to us is affected not only by our own actions, but also by the actions of our subordinates - the system of karma is very complex.
17. Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 - Uprising
An expansion to Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 that can be played without the original game. Uprising features additional campaigns for three factions: the Allies, the Soviets, and the Empire of the Rising Sun. The plot continues the events of Red Alert 3, making Allied victory in previous game canon.
The Soviet Union fights for its very existence because Allied corporation FutureTech is developing a weapon that can freeze time. Its leaders want to erase Soviet Russia from the history once and forever. The war in Allied-occupied Japan continues, as there are still pockets of resistance that Allies have to suppress, and there are two Russian generals taking over parts of the Empire. There's also a standalone campaign that reveals the origins of Yuriko Omega, a Japanese girl with psionic abilities, and follows her as she becomes a commando for the Empire, and later a prisoner of the Allies.
Unlike some of the previous games in the series, Red Alert 3 – Uprising allows no multiplayer modes, neither cooperative nor competitive.
Categories in common with Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 - Uprising: Strategy
18. Stronghold Crusader HD
The game is an addition to the game-strategy Stronghold.
The main thing about the series of games Stronghold
The game Stronghold - a simulator of three activities:
the construction of a medieval castle,
military actions - assault of the castle or its defense,
creation and management of the village.
The atmosphere and situation of the first game
Briefly, this is the stylization of the Middle Ages. Game events begin in 1066, but there are often no time limits, so theoretically, missions can last dozens and even hundreds of game years.
The path of war and the path of peace
The game allows you to build - a settlement or a castle, carry out individual economic missions or just build freely, and destroy - invade the country, take the castle under siege or, on the contrary, crush the attackers. You can create your own maps and play in multiplay mode.
You are the ruler of the castle, you are responsible for both the economy and the war. Do not forget about the popularity - it's a separate indicator in the game.
You can build six types of buildings:
the castle and everything inside it - walls, towers, gates, barracks, ditches, etc.,
sawmills, quarries, mines and other structures for extraction of resources - wood, stone, iron and oil.
Farms that bring meat, milk, wheat, apples, hops, skins of cows,
city buildings - houses, churches, wells,
Weapon workshops, where they produce weapons and armor,
Barns and shops for cheese, bread, ale
Buildings are built instantly, it is only necessary to make such a decision. Just as quickly your soldiers are trained. But all this requires money obtained from the collection of taxes and trade.
To succeed in the economy it is not enough just to make calculations. We have to cope with unpredictable disasters like the invasion of rabbits or fire.
The war is fought by soldiers of close combat and distant combat: archers, crossbowmen, pikemen, swordsmen, spearmen, knights and even monks with clubs.
Troops can shoot from towers, move around walls, destroy walls, use siege machines, including towers, while besieged have boiling resin tanks, pits with stakes and moats with water. You can dig trenches and even organize an epidemic in the enemy camp. For complex actions, except soldiers, you need to involve sappers and engineers.
Addition Stronghold Crusader HD
Expands the set of game situations with the stories of the Crusades:
The first crusade of 1094-1099,
Saladin's campaigns of 1187,
the expedition of Richard the Lionheart, Friedrich Barbarossa and the French Philip II in order to liberate Jerusalem
The way of the crusader is a campaign of 50 cards not tied to historical events, but in the same setting.
One of the unique innovations are the assassins - the warriors of special abilities, able to invisibly enter the castle and open the gate from the inside, interrupting the guard.
19. Grey Goo
Grey Goo is a real-time strategy game developed by Petroglyph Games in collaboration with Weta Workshop.
On a distant habitable planet called Ecosystem Nine, three factions confront each other. Humans, Betas, and the Grey Goo nanobots. The humans arrive on the planet to investigate an unusual signal, as they thought to be to only intelligent beings in the planet system. Betas established a colony after escaping from their own planet. And the Goo used to be an old human-made surveillance system, which reprogrammed itself and tries to return to its creators while consuming everything on its way.
The players are free to choose any faction to play as both in singleplayer campaign and multiplayer PvP mode. Each faction has its own set of units, buildings and drastically differs in gameplay from every other one. For example, Betas rely on speed and mobility to outmaneuver their enemies, while humans can use teleportation devices to deploy their forces to the battlefield quickly and reconstruct their own base in a matter of seconds.
The game's developers put a heavy emphasis on the preference of macro decisions instead of micromanagement. This being said, the player's strategy serves as a deciding factor in winning the game, not the speed with which they buy their units and build structures.
Categories in common with Grey Goo: Strategy
20. Train Valley
- Build railroads in order to connect cities, tunnels and bridges. New railways are cheap when laid across bare fields, but can be expensive when demolishing forests, villages and other existing structures.
- Manage increasing traffic by constructing, switches, sidings and spurs so that multiple trains can run without delays, at the same time.
- Stay accident-free by precisely controlling trains during crucial moments, using pause for planning (you can build railways and schedule trains while on pause).
- Play through 4 seasons: Europe (1830–1980), America (1840–1960), USSR (1880–1980) and Japan (1900–2020).
- Complete the story mode featuring such real-life events as the Gold Rush of 1849, the construction of the Florida Overseas Railroad, World War II, the Cold War, the launch of the first manned space flight Vostok 1 and more.
- Explore the game in different game modes: in story mode (5-10 minutes), in random mode (15-20 minutes – the level looks and develops differently every time you launch) or in sandbox-like regime (can be turned on for both story and random modes. It allows to play without time and money limits).
- Discover 15 types of trains – from early steam-powered locomotives to modern high-speed trains, driving 18 types of cars – from old-time passenger cars to hoppers and cisterns and to military-use tank and gun platforms.
21. STAR WARS Empire at War - Gold Pack
A collection of strategic games in the world of Star Wars.
During the Galactic Civil War, you can lead the rebels, dominate the Empire, or become a criminal at the head of a powerful criminal group.
Being in more than eighty terrestrial and extraterrestrial locations, you can control everything from one unit to the Death Star. Each decision affects the next fight, each battle affects the entire Galaxy.
Among the locations and heroes there are names familiar from the films - Tatooine, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Luke Skywalker, Darth Vader, Boba Fett, Han Solo and Chewbacca, R2-D2 and C-3PO and others.
In addition to playing for the Light and Dark sides of the Force, you can play "against all and only for yourself" - in the role of Tiber Zann you can lead a group of criminals to the top of the criminal world of the Galaxy. This option is provided by the addition to the game - "Forces of Corruption". In the arsenal of criminals are well-known methods: piracy, kidnapping, extortion and bribery. And with the help of such an all-powerful key as corruption, you can achieve complete control over the Galaxy.
Categories in common with STAR WARS Empire at War - Gold Pack: Strategy
22. Might & Magic: Heroes VI
Might & Magic: Heroes VI is a turn-based strategy game developed by Black Hole Entertainment. It is the direct continuation of the Might & Magic game series.
The game takes place 400 years before the events of Heroes of Might and Magic V.
Michael, a powerful archangel was revived. He sets out to capture Ashan covering it up as preparation to a demon invasion. The Archangel kills off his old enemies as he goes on, yet the human dynasty of Griffons is highly underestimated. A war breaks out, and humans win.
15 years after the war, the fifth children that will be the protagonists of Might & Magic: Heroes VI are born. The Duke is killed, and the children set out on a quest to find out who possessed the mind of the killer.
The game's formula does not deteriorate much from the previous installments of the series. It still is a hero-oriented turn-based game. The players can join a faction, each of which has several heroes, different units that can be upgraded.
The players can buy property in the game. Every property will become a part of the player's own kingdom. Not only it is used for overviewing your possessions, but the kingdom is also known as the part of the map that the player has under their control. It is essential to keep an eye out on the wellbeing of your citizens, as each property produces items for your army and resources for progressing further into the game.
23. Worms W.M.D
The worms are back in their most destructive game yet. With a gorgeous, hand-drawn 2D look, brand new weapons, the introduction of crafting, vehicles and buildings plus the return of some much-loved classic weapons and gameplay, Worms W.M.D is the best worms experience ever.
Work your way through 30 campaign levels of increasing difficulty using the huge arsenal of new and classic weapons at your disposal. Use new vehicles to cause chaos amongst the enemy ranks and use buildings to gain the tactical advantage as you try to dominate the battlefield!
Take on up to five opponents in hilarious all-out tactical worm warfare with up to eight worms each, either in local or online multiplayer, including ranked play. Flatten your opponents with the Concrete Donkey. Turn them into chunks of worm meat with the Holy Hand Grenade. Rain down hell from above in helicopters or pound them into oblivion with the tank. With 80 weapons and utilities at your fingertips, this is Worms at its chaotic best!Key Features
- Wonderfully 2D: The best implementation of the Worms formula yet, now with a brand new worm, and gorgeous digitally-painted 2D artwork.
- Vehicles: Worm warfare gets serious with the introduction of vehicles for the first time in the series. Dominate the landscape in warfare-ready tanks, take to the skies to unleash hell from from above in helicopters and more!
- Buildings: Keep your head down, and hide out in a building. Buildings provide a tactical advantage by hiding away your worms, and keeping them safe from direct attacks!
- Crafting: No more waiting around while your opponents take their turns! Grab the crafting crates that drop from the sky during games to make fiendishly upgraded versions of items such as the Electric Sheep, the Bazooka Pie and the Holy Mine Grenade to unleash on your enemies!
- Classic Worms Physics and Gameplay: Our brand new engine recreates the feel of the fan-favourite entrants in the series; and sees the reintroduction of the much loved Classic Ninja Rope!
- New and classic weapons: Over 80 weapons and utilities at your fingertips, including many returning classics and a slew of new additions such as the Dodgy Phone Battery, the Unwanted Present and the OMG strike.
- Mounted Guns: As if over 80 weapons and utilities wasn't already enough! A range of different gun types are placed around the landscape, allowing your warmongering worms to do even MORE damage!
- Hilarious single player plus online and local multiplayer warfare: Worms W.M.D comes locked and loaded with a huge arsenal of Training Missions, Campaign Missions and Challenges for the solo player. Train up then head online to create havoc in multiplayer modes including ranked play, with room for up to six players with eight worms each on a map!
24. Knights and Merchants
- More than a dozen different types of characters
- Over 10 different troop types, including archers, scouts, knights, bowman and barbarians
- Multiplayer battles with up to 6 players in LAN or through the Internet
- New Musical Score
25. Kingdom Rush
Kingdom Rush is a tower defense game, the first installment in Kingdom Rush series. The game was initially released as a flash game by Armor Games but later received ports for iOS, Android, Windows, and Linux.
The gameplay of Kingdom Rush shares many similarities with other tower-defense games. On each level, you have to defeat your town from waves of enemies crawling across the map.
To do so, you place towers which automatically attack enemies that get in their range of attack. There four types of towers in Kingdom Rush: Ranged Towers, Melee Towers, Mage Towers, and Artillery Towers. Ranged Towers shoot arrows at any enemy that gets in their sight. Melee Towers spawn troops that march towards enemies and engage in close combat. Mage Towers fire magic bolt that is especially effective against armored enemies. Artillery Towers are the slowest and the most expensive ones, but they deal much damage and can hit several enemies with one shot. Aside from placing towers, a player can use special abilities such as meteor strikes that directly damage any emeries on the map.
There are 12 levels in the primary campaign and several extra levels that can be unlocked after beating the game. Additionally, there is an Endless mode with one map that lets player stand against infinite waves of enemies for as long as they can.
Heaven is a place called Meadow! Vast, teeming with life and now a unique social experience. Might and Delight invites you to frolic freely in the lush fields of Meadow - a unique multiplayer sandbox.
Unlike traditional titles from the Shelter franchise, in Meadow the more time spent embracing the gameplay features in the world, the more you receive. Owning any previous Shelter related title(s) or products will also unlock in-game content. The open landscape also provides ample room for exploration with new patches and additions promised.
Band together with other animals, form uneasy allies or choose to explore alone. Whatever you decide, the open park life is one you will want to immerse yourself in.
- Play as any combination of animals on land, water or air in the largest expanse of land ever created for a Shelter game.
- Communicate with other animals via specially created emotes, symbols and sounds.
- Use senses to discover and track other players in world.
- Visit the den to choose from up to 9 different animals, over 60 skins and over 90 expressions and symbols to unlock.
- The more Shelter titles and products you own, the more bonuses you unlock.
- New original music from Retro Family.
Shelter products in Meadow
- Owning any Shelter game will unlock the ability to play as that animal in Meadow (e.g. owning Shelter 2 unlocks the lynx etc.)
- Owning all games (no soundtracks or books included) will give you the possibility to play as the adorable bear cub from Paws.
- Gain unique sound abilities if you own any combination of soundtracks.
- Owning our interactive books will unlock unique 3-dimensional emotes.
- For the collector and owner of the entire Shelter catalogue, you unlock the ability to play as a bird.
27. Anno 1404
A unique and award-winning combination of construction, economy, discovery, diplomacy, and combat.
Create your own nation with a unique blend of simulation and real-time strategy as you journey across the globe to explore, trade, and learn technologies to expand your empire and to make your own history.
- Meet the Orient! Build your own settlement and get to know the culture and technologies of the Orient.
- Create huge metropolises! Build a unique seaside with the harbor system and shape the character of your new city with alleyways, city walls, and castles.
- Personalize the way you play! Configure the interface to fit your own personal needs. Create your own adventures in the Dawn of Discovery world with powerful tools and share them with the community.
- A strategy game for beginners and pros! An intuitive interface for beginners with many options for advanced players. A thrilling campaign that carries beginners into the world of Dawn of Discovery. A motivating sandbox mode that can be modified by players to any degree. Special titles, talents, medals, and other rewards that are collected in the captain's log.
28. Blades of Time
Blades of Time is an action-adventure hack-and-slash, a spiritual successor to 2007 game X-Blades.
The game follows Ayumi, a treasure huntress and the master of gun and sword. One day she and her partner Zero get stuck in an alternate universe known as Dragonland filled with treasures and secrets. Know she must find her missing pal and escape the Dragonland.
The gameplay mostly consists of fighting enemies and solving puzzles. The player can use Ayumi’s twin swords and rifle as well as different skills and magical abilities. The hero’s primal moveset consists of the sword attack, kick, tossing enemies in the air, jumping, shooting and dashing. The player can also perform finishes on weakened enemies, resulting in their instant death. The most notable mechanics in the game is Ayumi’s ability to rewind time. Activating it allows the player to set some actions after that is performed by Ayumi’s another-timeline clone. It is useful in both combat and puzzle-solving. Defeating enemies gives you souls that can later be exchanged for new skills and magic spells. Through the game, Ayumi travel through different locations, some of which can alter certain game mechanics. For example, while in the desert you should stay in the shadows as long as you can because the sun is too warm.
29. Command & Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath
- Unprecedented Multi-decade Campaign – Kane returns as the centerpiece of an epic new single-player campaign. Experience a new story that spans 20 years – from the rebirth of the Brotherhood of Nod after the Second Tiberium War through the dramatic events of the Third Tiberium War and beyond. Facilitate the rise of the Brotherhood leading up to and beyond the events of Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars.
- Global Conquest – Fight the Third Tiberium War your way. Take command in an all new global conquest mode. Position your forces on a strategic level and then wage conflict in the fast, fluid, furious, tactical gameplay that Command & Conquer pioneered. Map out your strategies on the planetary level and wage all-out war on the ground.
- Live Action Videos are back! – Witness the rise of the Brotherhood first hand through intense live action video sequences starring Joe Kucan, the actor who originated the role of Kane in the Command & Conquer series in addition to a new celebrity cast of characters.
- Introduction of new Epic-Units – Devastate the battlefield with the immense firepower of all-new Epic-units. Customize your Epic-Units mid-battle via garrisoning and upgrades. Position these units in the strategic, global conquest mode then lay siege to your enemy at the tactical, battle level.
- Take Command of a Whole New Army – With the introduction of new units, structures, and abilities to each of the three factions, the Tiberium Wars will never be the same. Conquer your enemies with new units on both land and air.
- Specialized Sub-factions – Play to your strengths with six unique sub-factions, each equipped with their own exclusive units, powers, and upgrades. Utilize the sub-faction of your choice to fully take advantage and compliment your play style.
Categories in common with Command & Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath: Strategy
30. Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition
Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition celebrates the 20th anniversary of one of the most popular strategy games ever with stunning 4K Ultra HD graphics, a new and fully remastered soundtrack, and brand-new content, “The Last Khans” with 3 new campaigns and 4 new civilizations.<br/>
Explore all the original campaigns like never before as well as the best-selling expansions, spanning over 200 hours of gameplay and 1,000 years of human history. Head online to challenge other players with 35 different civilizations in your quest for world domination throughout the ages.<br/>
Choose your path to greatness with this definitive remaster to one of the most beloved strategy games of all time.
Categories in common with Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition: Strategy
From the creators of ARK: Survival Evolved comes ATLAS - a massively multiplayer first-and-third-person fantasy pirate adventure. ATLAS will host up to 40,000 players exploring the same Globe simultaneously, with an unprecedented scale of cooperation and conflict! Stake your claim in this endless open world as you conquer territory, construct ships, search for buried treasure, assemble forts, plunder settlements and hire crew to join your powerful growing armada. Start small then expand your spheres of influence from a small island, up to an unstoppable pirate empire that spans across the oceans. Wage battle against enemy fleets as you singlehandedly command large ships of war using the captaining system (or divide up to the responsibilities among your trusted lieutenants), or take control of any weapon directly with your own character. Dive deep into the briny water to explore permanent sunken wrecks and recover salvage, unearth the loot from procedurally-generated Treasure Maps and challenge zones, or complete challenging main questlines. Team up with other aspiring adventurers and sail into the vast ocean to discover new lands rich with region-specific elements, tame exotic natural and mythical creatures, raid forgotten tombs, confront powerful ancient gods and even build and administer your own colonies, cities, and civilizations to dominate the ATLAS in this ultimate quest for fortune and glory!
MMO On the Grandest Scale
Physically sail in real-time across the vast oceans with the proprietary server network technology. Explorers will voyage to over 700 unique landmasses across 45,000 square kilometers, with thousands of Discovery Zones, and ten distinct world regions each having their own unique resources, creatures, secrets, and environment hazards! There is a separately PVE ATLAS for players who don't wish to play any PVP.
Construct the Ship of Your Dreams, Plank by Plank!
Build drydocks and start with a dinghy rowboat, basic raft, tiny sloop or nimble schooner, moving on up to your own versatile brigantine or titanic galleon capable of transporting hundreds of crew and extensive cargo. Name your ship in big bold letters, paint and copy your own pirate flag and custom-place all the pieces of your ship -- which sails and where, planks and gunports, every single structure piece has a physical Weight and Material -- to function exactly how you want.
Captain your Crew!
Recruit real players and AI crew from freeports or rescue seasoned crew from destroyed “Army of the Damned” shipwrecks to man distinct stations on your boat! Set sail and explore the ATLAS with them to gain experience and level up their stats or gear, as well as levelling your Ship. Your crew are versatile! Whether on land, or ship, or even riding behind your animal companions on emplacements, they can man weapons of all kinds-- cannons, swivel guns, siege engines, turrets, and even gigantic mortars, many with dynamically swappable ammo types including grapeshot, chainshot, spikeshot, liquid fire, and more! Instruct them to board enemy ships and help you conquer the seas! Keep their stomachs full and their pockets full of gold lest you want a mutiny in your hands! Take on the Captain’s Wheel or divide up the command responsibilities via Lieutenant Podiums to direct the Ship’s assignable weapon systems, sails, and stations, including standing-orders or manual grouped fire. Or, walk up to any station and take control of it yourself!
Pirate PVP to the Limit
Everything is up for grabs including player’s ships, their crew, their pets, their forts, their land, and their booty. If you can get your hands on it, you can take it. A ship’s permanent logbook tells the tale of their legendary travel, exploits and ownership.
Be the Hero or Villain you were meant to be
MMO-scale character progression systems include, at launch, over 15 Disciplines with over 300 Skills, in a vast unlockable tree. New "Feat" system allows for active and passive bindable character abilities, while new stat-buff system allows innumerable abstract statistics to be modified by Skills, Items, and Armor. And now, everything has scalable stats, including structures, and can be progressively Upgraded!
This is Who You Are
Extensive character visual customization enables an endless range of realistic (and not-so-realistic) characters, with a vast array of sliders, morphs, muscle tones, and tweakable values. You can even per-pixel design your own permanent tattoos (and then draw warpaint on top of that too!). If someone exists in the real world, they should be creatable in ATLAS! Best-in-class dynamic hair growth and real-time aging systems allow you to get old and... pass on your legacy? (Or find a fountain of youth!).
Full Quest and Waypoint systems, with sub-quests and rewards, for major goals -- while procedural treasure maps and challenge zones also ensure there's always something new to find out over the horizon.
Tactical melee combat systems with blocks, parries, dodges, character motion, optional shields, stunning and strength-varying strikes, directional attacks, and more for use in either first or third person perspectives. Fists, swords, maces, blackjacks, daggers, and much more give you tremendous options to pick the right weapon for the job. Meanwhile, period-appropriate-weaponry with skill-based active reload systems include flintlock pistols, muskets, blunderbuss, and more -- just be sure to keep your powder dry!
Claim What's Yours
Form a company, claim territory and apply taxation and behavior rules to that which you own: be a benevolent governor, a feudal lord, or a ruthless dictator. Territory ownership is visualized on your dynamic zoomable World Map, with Fog of War obscuring uncharted regions and Shroud of War hiding enemy territories out of sight range. Contest other government's ownership of land, structures, or ships to expand your empire! The top large-scale Spheres of Influence on the Official ATLAS' are visualized in real-time on the PlayATLAS homepage. Design your own custom flag per-pixel to apply to your claims, to be famous (or infamous)!
Creatures Great and Small
More than 50 creatures at launch varying from breedable utilitarian farm animals & shoulder mounted parrots and monkeys that offer unique buffs, all the way to magical mermaids and gigantic sea monsters of legend. Creatures can be found in their logical regions, but take skill and tactics to tame using new mechanics, while also gaining the most benefit and fertility from their natural biomes. Ferry these temperamental creatures across the vast oceans in a virtual Noah's Ark to trade in exotic locales.
Freeports to Meet & Greet
Level-capped starter zones allow you to learn the ropes and meet new players in a safe space before you venture out into the great unknown. Where the wind and destiny takes you beyond that, is up to the gods!
Build Your Empire
Overhauled building systems include automatic foundational elevation adjustment, dynamic tile type swapping, improved snap detection & previewing, integrated plumbing systems, per-pixel-paintable everything, beast-of-burden harness attachments for field-gun and carriages, and much more! Survival systems newly include, among other aspects, Vitamins benefits and deficiencies, with recipe & cooking skills and varying ingredient qualities.
Powerful Mod and Server Functionalities
Want to build a World War II Spitfire? Or a Flying Fortress bomber with fully walkable interior and gun stations, carrying troops loaded with machine guns and rocket launchers? How about a Tank? An Aircraft Carrier to play out the Battle of Midway on an expansive scale? How about an Arcadian Steampunk Airship floating through a cloud-world? These examples and much more are provided with the ATLAS Dev Kit, where you can make effectively create whatever large-scale MMO action game you want to see happen, all supported by the database-driven network technology that powers ATLAS. Unofficial ATLAS' can be of any size and configuration, while a visual map tool lets server hosts layout their own complete custom world of islands, continents, terrain features, spawns, resources, hazards, underwater zones, dynamic weather, biome configurations, ecology, and an infinite number of other configurable features -- all dynamically streamed to the client during gameplay. The possibilities are endless!
Far, Far More
Stay tuned for more details on the extensive features and content of ATLAS. This brief sampling is just the tip of the iceberg (though be sure to watch out for those in the polar regions, as they're extremely dangerous to ship hulls!!).
A Brief History of ATLAS
Long-ago, far above the watery world of ATLAS there once existed a magic-powered “Golden Age”-- where great Empires of the Sky lived at peace alongside magical creatures, flourishing upon floating continents above the clouds, all powered by a magical source of energy known as the Heart of the Goddess, granted by the powerful beings who dwell in the stars beyond. However, a powerful warlord known as Xevos sought to unite the human civilizations over the magickind, and launched a war that broke the Heart into pieces, unleashing a wave of destruction that shattered the floating landmasses and plunged them into the waters below.
Many generations later, as living memory of the “Sundering” has faded into legend and the once-plentiful magical energy has long since dissipated, descendants of the protectors of the Heart of the Goddess -- known as “Pathfinders” -- emerge from their provincial oceanic lives to explore the new continents and islands, and seek out the power they may yet contain. Across the vast new world they’ll encounter hostile creatures, technological remnants of the Golden Age past, and ultimately the undying spirit of Xevos himself and his soulless “Army of the Damned”, still intent on recovering the pieces of the Heart of the Goddess to raise the continents once again under his vision.
If the latest generation of Pathfinders can outwit and outgun Xevos and his legions, and recover the Heart pieces for themselves, they will be faced with the very same choice: whether to attempt to restore the old world, or build a new better one…
32. Age of Empires: Definitive Edition
Age of Empires, the pivotal RTS that launched a 20-year legacy returns in definitive form for Windows 10 PCs. Bringing together all of the officially released content with modernized gameplay, all-new visuals and a host of other new features, Age of Empires: Definitive Edition is the complete RTS package. Engage in over 40 hours of updated campaign content with new narration and pacing, jump online in up to 8-player battles with new competitive features and modes, experience 4K HD visuals with overhauled animations, get creative with the scenario builder and share your creations. There’s never been a better time to jump in to Age of Empires. Welcome back to history.
Categories in common with Age of Empires: Definitive Edition: Strategy
33. Earth 2150 Trilogy
Your heroes and your armies will need strong leadership to take them on a spellbinding odyssey that has everything a gamer’s heart could wish for breathtaking worlds in space, battles against cunning enemies and even downright treason from your own government faction - are you up to it?
Accept the challenge…let this gripping EARTH 2150 RTS trilogy thrust you into the far future… and YOU will decide the fate of the universe!
The Trilogy includes EARTH 2150 Escape from the Blue Planet, The Moon Project and Lost Souls!
- Over 150 non-Linear missions in 9 campaigns and a high-action Skirmish Mode
- Aggressive and intelligent computer-controlled opponents - a true challenge
- Over 100 different units and structures
- Easy-to-use map editor for creating own missions and campaigns
- At least hundreds of hours Single player action and endless Multiplayer fun
- Over 50 Multiplayer maps for LAN, Internet and EarthNet
- Unmatched battle variety: build fortified bases, blitz the air, storm with armor, engage with naval units, even dig tunnels for surprise attacks.
In 2048, the anticipated global conflict broke out with a violence that shook the planet to its core. All major centralized governments were destroyed in the maelstrom. Europe and Eastern Asia bore the brunt of the devastation, as entire urban centres, from Madrid to Moscow and from Seoul to Singapore were literally wiped off the map.
The human race has always been known for its resiliency. Within a dozen years, the Earth's inhabitants had begun to restore their old nationalities - with a few twists. Twelve states of the former United States joined together to form a new country, called the United Civilized States. The UCS citizens had essentially given up their old roles as producers and leaders. Nearly all work was being performed by robots which are controlled by expert computer systems. Not surprisingly, the human inhabitants of the UCS had become lazy and decadent.
The 20th-century dream for a better world had ended in death and destruction.EARTH 2150: THE MOON PROJECTThe year 2150 … one of the blackest chapters in the history of mankind. While the Lunar Corporation, Eurasian Dynasty and the United Civilized States are preparing themselves for the last all-encompassing battle, work is being feverishly carried out on a secret project on the Moon. Only the code name of this project is known ………… "SUNLIGHT"EARTH 2150: LOST SOULSIt is the 7th of December 2150 – in a few hours our beloved planet Earth will no longer exist.
Devastating wars between the Eurasian Dynasty and the United Civilized States have wreaked havoc and caused mortal wounds to our planet, but that is not all, a series of nuclear explosions close to the Antarctic had changed the Earth’s orbit around the sun, glaciers melted, the sea rose to a threatening level, and meteorite showers buried whole parts of the world. Famous scientists from the Lunar corporation, a long forgotten colony on the moon first recognized the signs of the imminent catastrophe. According to their calculations the distance between the sun and earth would decrease in the next few years by 17%, which would lead to terrible consequences.
The only hope left for the population was the escape to the red planet Mars. Hurry up, cause time is ticking away....
Categories in common with Earth 2150 Trilogy: Strategy
34. Rise of Industry
Rise of Industry is a strategic tycoon game that puts you in the shoes of an early 20th-century industrialist. Build and manage your growing empire in a living, breathing, and procedurally generated world that is constantly evolving and adapting to your playstyle.
As a budding entrepreneur, you will build factories, construct efficient transport lines, move raw materials, produce finished goods, and arrange trade with the world's developing cities, providing them with the resources they need to flourish - for as they grow and prosper, so do you.
Designed with an eye towards both accessibility and depth, Rise of Industry has enough strategic complexity and replayability to satisfy the most experienced fans of the genre, while its simple-to-understand mechanics ensure that new players will love it as well.Features
- Experience tailored for every player - Specialise in just trading, production, gathering or any combination and research your way to bigger and better things.
- Use PR & Marketing to gain favour (or repair damage) with your business partners.
- Choose from over 100 individual products and manage the manufacturing process from harvesting raw materials all the way to delivering the end product to local stores & townspeople
- Build and manage a solid transportation network to enable the efficient transfer of goods via plentiful trucks, speedy trains and high capacity airships.
- Be prepared for fierce competition – Advanced town and city A.I., make for an intelligent and changing game world so you won’t be the only one looking for the best deal.
- Town personalities – adapt a suitable approach for every town or face their economic backlash.
- Huge, procedurally generated maps mean that you’ll always have room to expand your empire into whether in testing scenarios or sandbox mode where imagination is your only limit.
- Be quick to adapt to the current business climate with contracts, random events and quests keeping you on your toes and cash flowing in.
- Go green or go home: pollution, disease and other industrial by-products will eventually await the non-conscientious tycoon.
- Ever-changing biomes will present different environmental challenges as you aim to make the most out of the map - Lose potential oil reserves as polluted tundra melts into fields or fertile grassland wilts and dies into arid desert.
- Ready for global domination? Bend and break your friends into economic submission in multiplayer-mode*
35. Dawn of Man
Take control of a settlement of the first modern humans, guide them through the ages in their struggle for survival.
Dawn of Man is a survival/city-builder from the creators of Planetbase.
The game starts in the Stone Age, and takes you up to the Iron Age, spanning more than 10,000 years of human prehistory.
You will have to get your people to survive, expand and evolve, just like our ancestors, facing the challenges that the environment will throw at you.
HuntAnimals were a vital source of food and resources for ancient humans. Use their meat to feed your people and their skin and bones to make clothing and craft the tools you will need to stay alive.
Confront Mammoths, Wholly Rhinos, Ancient Bison, Megaloceros, Cave Lions and other species that roamed the earth at the time.GatherCollect a variety resources from the environment: fruit, berries, water, wood, flint, stone, ores. Use them to prepare food, to make tools and to build structures in your settlement.Plan for harsh timesFish is more abundant in spring, berries and fruit can be collected in summer and animals are easier to come by when it's warm.
When winter comes, make sure to have enough non-perishable food and warm clothing in order to survive.Expand and fortify your settlementBuild more homes and facilities for your people, in order to expand your population.
Construct fortifications and craft weapons, so you are ready for when the inevitable conflict comes.Research TechnologiesEach new discovery will make it easier for your settlement to be able to support larger populations, but will also bring new challenges: increased food demand, morale issues and more frequent raider attacks.Build Megalithic StructuresOur ancestors were capable of incredible engineering feats: mine massive rocks from the environment, transport them using sledges and construct colossal stone structures.Control NatureUnlock farming technologies to grow your own vegetables, so you can feed large amounts of people. Domesticate animals to produce food, resources and provide increased muscle power.
36. One Troll Army
Crush hundreds of minions as the powerful giant troll!
Tiny Goblins call on you to protect their fort, in exchange for armor, money and new moves to smash and loot minions!
Goblins build towers, barracks and catapults over each wave to help you fight back bigger minions and bosses!Play Against The Twitch Chat! Enable Twitch integration to allow your viewers to directly control units
- Fight as a boss troll with 12 upgradeable skills. Kick, Knock, Wheel, Quake, Taunt, Jump, Ram and Loot your way through the horde!
- Defeat various enemies: from small rats to huge ballista-wielding rhino and buffalo bosses. 21 types of enemies and 15 bosses.
- Manage the crowd of goblins. Make them builders, looters, miners, loggers and more to harvest resources, restore the fort, get the loot and build new structures.
- Manage the fort. Build and upgrade 7 buildings with 3 levels of upgrades from small huts to great castles.
- Build and upgrade defense towers. Each fort has 4 towers with 4 types of weapons (stone-thrower, archer, catapult, bomber). Also upgrade weapon types at the barracks.
- Hire and upgrade orc mercenaries for support- but don’t let them die on the battlefield!
- More than 50 goals and achievements.
37. Blitzkrieg 2 Anthology
Blitzkrieg II comes with tremendous focus on new strategic opportunities, global war and gritty realism of WWII battles. On the side of Soviet Armed Forces, US Army or German Wehrmacht you plan entire operations and lead your men into fierce action, choose reinforcements and use a wide range of new weapons in three full-blown campaigns that span the globe. New graphics engine and significant step over the original game get you in control of the most dramatic and bloody conflict of the past century.Real Strategy
Decide what missions to fight, accumulate and call in any type of reinforcements, capture train stations or airfields to receive more troops by railroad or get air supremacy during the entire operation. Accomplish tactical objectives and missions to support your war efforts at strategic level and ensure your combat efficiency in the decisive battles.
Promote and assign commanders to combat units to expand your tactical advantage with over 50 unique skills and real-life abilities. Order engineers to plant TNT charge and blast passing enemy units, use linked grenades for extra damage, suppress infantry with flak fire and master other combat techniques introduced in Blitzkrieg II.Real War
Philippines, Iwo Jima, Tobruk, Moscow, Stalingrad, Ardennes - fight on every major front of WWII from the heart of Europe and blistering sands of Africa to the deadly jungle isles of the Pacific. Your mission goals will vary from counter attacks and air warfare to covert operations and seashore landing onslaught.
Get access to hundreds of authentic weapons from “Satan” flame tank to Tiger II and T-35 monsters, from “Zero” fighters to V-2 ballistic missiles and 305-mm railroad guns. Make use of special forces, sappers, assault engineers and even guard dogs!
- Fight on every major front of WWII in 68 missions through 3 campaigns that span the globe!
- Plan your actions strategically, choose what missions to fight, what reinforcements to get
- Get in control of over 250 authentic WWII units and 60 types of infantry
- Open new tactics and abilities as units grow in experience
- Use structures and terrain for cover, destroy everything in your path, fight day and night under any climatic conditions on the ground, sea, and in the air!
- Experience intense WWII battles in stunning full 3D interactive environment, thanks to the advanced Enigma Engine with true Line Of Sight and Line of Fire systems
- Step, if you dare, into the fury of multiplayer action with match-making and auto-rating support at the special dedicated server
- Create war the way you want it with versatile Map and Mod editor
Categories in common with Blitzkrieg 2 Anthology: Strategy
38. A Game of Thrones - Genesis
What King will you be?
Conqueror, Usurper or Diplomat?
"A Game of Thrones - Genesis" immerses you into the heart of the battles and intrigues between the Houses that shaped the Kingdom of Westeros. From Nymeria's arrival in the Kingdom of Dorne to the awakening of the "Others" beyond the Wall, you'll live the origins of A Game of Thrones saga through more than 1000 years of history, by taking part in Westeros' founding events and largest battles.
In this great strategy game, victory does not necessarily result from brute force. You can choose to use a military approach and besiege your opponents, strangle them in an economical war, or even use dirty tricks and diplomacy to politically crush them. Treachery and deception are everywhere and can be more efficient than the most powerful army. So watch your back and show no mercy if you want to keep sat on the Iron Throne.
- The video game adaptation of the fantasy saga "A Song of Ice and Fire" by George RR Martin.
- A deep and exciting gameplay combining strategy, diplomacy and politics.
- Discover the origins of the universe of the Iron Throne through the Story mode, and participate in major conflicts that have shaped Westeros.
- Compete against up to 7 other players in multiplayer. Form alliances, break them, show subtle tactics and crush your opponents!
Categories in common with A Game of Thrones - Genesis: Strategy
39. Forged Battalion
Towards the end of the 21 century, the effects of climate change have devastated the world and a military force called “The Collective” has spread across the globe. As part of the resistance group it’s time for you to join the fight!
Customize your unique faction in a new take on real-time strategy as you fight in a variety of skirmish, solo, and multiplayer battles. You are not only a commander, but also an engineer – so you have ultimate control over your faction’s units, factories, superweapons and economy.
Manage, customize, and develop the blueprints of your emerging faction to create ever-evolving factories and units. Between missions a deep tech tree unlocks components that you’ll use to design combat units. As more technology is unlocked, your designs become more advanced and powerful.
Using resources gained in battle, you’ll unlock new options through the metagame Tech Tree to choose the archetype, armor, locomotor, weapons, and special abilities such as stealth and regeneration that will make your faction one of a kind. Ultimately, you will have access to the most powerful options, including an array of deadly superweapons to launch against your foes.
Forge your FactionModify every unit chassis (Infantry, Light Vehicle, Heavy Vehicle, Aircraft) with a host of weapons, support and locomotor types. Add regenerative armor to your light vehicle, or add an anti-tank gun to your aircraft. Adapt to every situation, and every opponent.
Persistent Tech treeEach battle you win, in each mode, contributes towards your faction’s technology upgrades with different science paths; advancing tech tree unlocks blueprints.
A dynamic story campaign The resistance needs you to forge a new force to be reckoned with. Play through an exciting story campaign that will test your ability to react and adapt to the increasing threat of the ‘The Collective’.
Online multiplayerJoin up to seven other players in a variety of online multiplayer modes for intense tactical co-operative and versus action on dedicated servers.
40. Warhammer 40,000: Gladius - Relics of War
Gladius Prime was known to Imperial scholars as a planet of archeological interest. During its colonization ancient relics were found, revealing hints of a shrouded past. But it was more than relics. Something awakened, an unspeakable horror from an ancient past, and the citizens of Gladius found themselves trapped in a terrible war for survival.
Gladius Prime was once a planet of peace. Now there is only war.
Warhammer 40,000: Gladius – Relics of War brings you to a world of terror and violence. Four factions will engage in a brutal war for dominance over the planet’s resources.
In the first 4X turn-based strategy game set in Warhammer 40,000 you will lead one of four factions: Astra Militarum, Space Marines, Orks and Necrons, each with their own unique gameplay, technological tree, units and heroes.
Face a challenging AI or cooperate or compete with friends and strangers across the globe.
Play as one of four iconic Warhammer factions (Astra Militarum, Space Marines, Orks or Necrons), each with their own unique playstyle and technology tree. Explore a randomly generated world filled with special features and threatening wildlife that can crush your troop's morale. Secure control of powerful ancient artefacts to grant you an edge against rival factions.
Construct cities, buildings and fortifications to expand your empire and produce an army to vanquish your foes. Harvest resources and research new technologies to fuel and upgrade your machinery of war.
Progress through a different storyline with each faction as their destiny on Gladius Prime, a world tainted by the warp, unfolds. In the end, when all the dust has settled, only one faction can emerge victorious.
Command a wide array of devastating weaponry, issue city edicts and deploy tactical operations. Recruit hero units that possess distinct special abilities and can be equipped with items, ranging from advanced grenades to mighty relics of the past. As they become more and more powerful with each rank, they turn into true champions of your cause.
Categories in common with Warhammer 40,000: Gladius - Relics of War: Strategy
41. Savage Resurrection
The rebirth of the classic action FPS / RTS hybrid "Savage 1" is here! Experience fast-paced combat and cunning strategic gameplay in glorious Unreal 4 environments. Engage in epic 16v16 front-line combat, or take Command to outplay and outmaneuver your team's way to victory.
Savage is a multiplayer-only game with a competitive focus. Combat includes both melee and shooter aspects, and should challenge even seasoned gamers. Servers are currently located in the US and EU, with more planned. Players may also host their own servers, use ours, or play offline!As a member of the fearsome Beasts or crafty Humans, you must fight to:
- Secure strategic resources and positions
- Craft and expand your team's buildings and structures
- Research and acquire new weapons and items, to gain the upper hand in combat
- Crush your opponents with mighty siege weapons, sneaky sabotage, or by strangling their economy
- Practice mode with bots and AI commanders - fully offline or play with your party!
- 16v16 Standard matches, with an AI Commander
- 16v16 Advanced matches, with a human Commander
- Competitive matches with locked rosters and no team swap
- Custom matches on official dedicated servers, or hosted locally, or hosted by another player, or fully offline!
- Stats and Leaderboards
- Cosmetic Items + Steam Drops + Trading Cards
- 5 Maps
- Player hosted dedicated servers
Exclusive bonuses include:
- 3 gold weapon skins
- 3 cosmetic crate keys
- Unique in-game vanity effect
- Account icon flair
- Taunt, and Taunt Image
Our continuing development (and server hosting) is funded largely by cosmetic item purchases: there is no persistent power progression system, there are no paid upgrades or boosts. This is a competitive game: there will be no Pay2Win.
42. Cities XXL
The supersized city-builder
Design, build, and manage the world’s largest and most diverse cities in Cities XXL. Bigger and better than ever before with a more powerful game engine and new interface, become the mayor of your very own sprawling metropolis. With town-planning including home locations, retail plots, offices, industry and infrastructure across 47 architectural styles and 1000+ buildings, manage the happiness of your city’s denizens, with leisure activities, landmarks, and ecology and pollution management. With new structures, but also all-new ecological buildings and upgrades, such as the park-and-ride, electric car dealership, and bike hire, Cities XXL offers a greener approach!
Manage the economy by sharing resources between all of your cities across over 65 maps (including new landscapes and environments) throughout the ‘Cities Planet’: trade anything from waste management to oil, fuel, and water – even holidaymakers and workers. Finally, create, share and download user crafted content via the Steam Workshop – an endless supply of user-curated content. From scenic villages to economic powerhouses, build, manage, and grow the city of your dreams in Cities XXL.
- 1000+ unique-looking buildings to bring your city to life
- 47 Architectural styles from many different cultures around the world
- NEW: Over 65 varied landscapes including 5 new environments to develop on, from snowy alps to green meadows and seaside resorts
- NEW: A powerful and improved game engine for an experience that stretches your city to the limits
- Fine management of road traffic and public transportation networks (buses, railways)
- NEW: New ‘green’ options such as industrial building upgrades, and all-new ecological structures like the park & ride bus company and bicycle rental services
- NEW: Localized pollution levels to target and manage, including noise and smoke
- NEW: New skies and moods to set the perfect backdrop to your cityscape
- NEW: Create, share and download more easily an endless new supply of user-created content, thanks to the integration of Steam Workshop
Categories in common with Cities XXL: Simulation
43. Warhammer 40,000: Space Wolf
Please read this open letter from the devs to learn more the game and it's future!
Take command of a Space Wolves squad led by Valgard Twice Slain. Your Great Company’s Strike Cruiser fell into a trap set by Chaos Space Marines of the Word Bearers legion – causing you to make a forced landing on Kanak, a volcano-wracked feral world, inhabited by tribes of ruthless barbarians. Not only must you survive, but you must emerge victorious.Game features:
Defeat the unrelenting enemies of the Space Wolves:
• An epic campaign with branching storylines, spanning hostile environments on a distant planet.
• Combat the Word Bearers - fanatical and deadly traitors who serve the chaos gods.
Brutal Tactical Combat:
• Lead your Space Wolves into fierce battles in glorious, diverse environments;
• Challenge your Brothers in multiplayer and earn ultimate rewards by proving your leadership.
Choose Your Path:
• Grey Hunter, Wolf Scout or Wolf Guard – You decide which path to follow, to best match your own style, strategy and tactics.
44. Life is Feudal: Forest Village
Life is Feudal: Forest Village is a feature-rich, town building simulator strategy game with engaging survival aspects. Lead your people: a small group of refugees who were forced to start again on an unknown island.
Terraform and shape the land and expand with houses, pastures, orchards, farms, windmills and many other buildings. Forage in the forest, hunt for prey, grow crops and domestic animals for food. As Winter creeps up, ensure you stock up with enough firewood, charcoal and warm clothes to survive, and remember: a lack of vitamins in good rations may lead to disease and could even totally wipe out your village!
You can oversee your village from a birdseye view or occupy one of your villagers to control and perform tasks in a first person view to speed things up or just to explore.
Some of the more exciting features:
- Advanced farming system. Different crops and fruit trees require varying amounts of moisture, man labour and time in order to ripen ready for harvest. Your pastures and hens require hunters to protect them from forest predators.
- Switch between birdseye and first person views. You can play in a birdseye view, watching over everything and issuing strategic orders, or you can possess a villager and play from a first person perspective, performing everyday tasks along with your fellow villagers.
- Terraforming and pavement. Terraform land around your settlement to enable construction of larger buildings. Pave roads to speed up the movement of your villagers and thus improve the economy of your settlement.
- Diseases, food rations and vitamins. Diseases spread faster in cold weather, especially if your villagers lack warm clothes or their food ration is too plain and lacking in vitamins. Try to stock all types of food possible (meat, fish, bread, vegetables and fruits) to keep your villagers’ healthy.
- Dynamic ecosystem. Villagers continuously walking in the surrounding woods will scare wildlife deeper into forest. Excessive farming or woodcutting can lead to flora and fauna extinction thus lowering the flow of meat, hides, mushrooms, berries and medical herbs to your stocks.
- Real time weather and seasons system. The seasons effect your village’s needs: summer droughts will force your farmers to water your crops and rainy days will force them to dig trenches to drain excess water, and you’ll need firewood and warm clothes for your villagers in Winter.
- Morale and increasing population. Keep your villagers happy and their families will grow - that is, if their needs are being met! Living in overcrowded hostels, unfulfilled requirements and even bearing witness to a villager’s demise will reduce morale and their productivity.
- Disasters. Lightning can hit tall buildings that are standing on hilltops. Tornados can leave a devastating trail of destruction across your settlement. Earthquakes can destroy your houses and even topple trees. Make sure you are prepared to face those challenges!
- Mod friendly. Our game is designed to be modder friendly. Game modders will have access to AI, animations, task and resource management, navigation, sounds and many other game systems. Those systems and assets can be completely changed through game scripts written in LUA.
45. Patrician IV
The Steam Special Edition contains alternate textures for the Counting House and Cog ship type.
Patrician IV is the sequel to the historical trading simulation and strategy series. You are a merchant in northern Europe in the late Middle Ages when the Hanseatic League was flourishing. Your goal is to rise to the most successful and influential member of the Hanse, ultimately being elected Elderman, leader of the trading league. You start bargaining with common goods, build up your own production and establish a merchant fleet. Later on, you will gain more and more political influence and even found new towns.
However, a Hanse merchant's life can also have its dark sides. On your way to power you have to hold your ground against fierce rivals, whom you have to fight with economic competition, price wars or impure means such as sabotage. Will you even engage in piracy?
- Become a powerful merchant - rise through the ranks using your increasing fame and wealth to shape towns from small villages to glorious capitals under your control
- A complete strategic simulation - balance competing interests, trade routes, political turmoil, disease, weather, piracy and greedy royalty
- Build an empire - construct buildings and hire workers, stimulating demand for common and exotic goods
- Battle on the high seas - protect your ships from pirate raiders in realistic and exciting sea battles
- Visually stunning - a powerful new graphics engine lets you visit bustling and realistically recreated medieval cities such as London, Novgorod, Cologne and Bergen
- Friendly Interface and Gameplay - Players will enjoy a brand-new, user friendly interface that makes Patrician IV easy to play but challenging to master
46. American Conquest: Fight Back
Three centuries of war continue - with even more frantic combat and more desperate power struggles raging across the American continent. The Spanish sound the attack on Yucatan amidst fierce Maya and Aztec resistance. The Germans put all their efforts into finding the legendary Eldorado. The Pontiac Uprising ends in a terrifying bloodbath between Native Americans and the British. And the Russians will do anything to conquer Alaska at the cost of the Haida.
There is a fantastic bonus for shrewd strategists: the great new "battlefield" mode in single-player and multiplayer modes! Tactical skill alone will determine victory or defeat in single-player and multiplayer games. So, plunge into battle!
- Epic real-time strategy covering the era between 1517 and 1804
- New mode of gameplay: 10 battlefield missions in single and multiplayer modes for hard-core strategists
- 5 new nations: Germany, Russia, Haida (coastal Alaskan natives), Netherlands, Portugal
- Stand alone, original American Conquest not required to play
- 26 new missions in 8 thrilling campaigns, including the Search for El Dorado, Pontiac's War and the Conquest of Alaska
- New single player missions
- Captivating real-time battles with up to 16,000 units
- Tactical formations for infantry, cavalry and artillery
- Morale influenced by victories, defeats, food supplies, equipment and mercenary pay
- More than 50 new units
- Several multiplayer modes for up to 7 players via LAN or the Internet
Categories in common with American Conquest: Fight Back: Strategy
47. Grand Ages: Medieval
What is Grand Ages: Medieval?
"Grand Ages: Medieval" is an entry in Kalypso's "Grand Ages" series of finely-crafted strategy games of different genres developed by different studios. This game is not a sequel to the 2009 title "Grand Ages: Rome", a classic RTS with a focus on city building. "Grand Ages: Medieval" is a larger scale, real-time empire simulation game combining elements of trade, expansion and exploration with a heavy focus on economical domination.Features:
- Explore a gigantic game world of over 20 million square kilometres, plot strategically where to found important cities and defend your kingdom against foreign powers
- Produce and trade 20 different goods to meet the demands of your citizens and soldiers: such as coal, fruits and pottery
- Research and utilise 50 major technological advancement of the Middle Ages: including the three-field crop rotation, the low warp loom or the longbow
- Raise an army and fight your opponents with knights, archers and cavalry
- Face devastating natural disasters like storms, fires, volcanoes, droughts, earthquakes… or even the Black Death
- Challenging Multiplayer Mode for up to 8 players
It is the year 1050 AD. At the beginning of the High Middle Ages development in Europe has seen an unprecedented level of progress and a rapidly growing population spreads across the length and breadth of the continent. New frontiers are explored, settlements founded and vast trading routes established. As the head of one of these small settlements, it falls upon you to lead your people towards greatness. Explore a vast world, gather resources, encounter other societies and use your trading expertise to expand and make your fortune. Found new cities, progress your nation with inventive technology and protect your trade routes against barbarian attacks until you are powerful enough to begin your conquest over Europe and forge a bold new empire.
Grand Ages: Medieval is a real-time strategy game from Gaming Minds. Lead your people and advance through the decades by utilising construction, research, expansion and conquest in an area extending from Scandinavia and North Africa; to Portugal, the Caucasus and the Middle East. Rise from the humble role of a simple mayor governing a small settlement and rule over all of Europe. Experience an exciting campaign with elaborately designed cut-scenes, play by your own rules in free play or test your skills in multiplayer against up to 8 players!
48. Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms
Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms is the next chapter in the Heretic Kingdoms saga and takes place 20 years after the events of Kult: Heretic Kingdoms. It’s an epic adventure with challenging gameplay, a gripping storyline and enchanting graphics. In this isometric action RPG, the player takes on the role of the Devourer, a demon that swallows the souls of the dead and then brings them back into the mortal realm as his puppets. It's up to him to either thwart a major threat and save the world, or to plunge it into complete disaster…Story
After four of the five members of a secret order known as Penta Nera were murdered, their souls were swallowed by a pack of Devourers. Since then, they move around the mortal realm as the puppets of the Devourers, as a demonic Penta Nera, and ravage the land in search of the essence of souls.
The fifth member of the order, bent on revenge, makes use of the only way to stop them and summons another Devourer: this one is different from his siblings. He can absorb multiple souls, but sometimes becomes more human or schizophrenic, the more souls he absorbs. He can stop the demonic Penta Nera and save the world, or he can plunge it into complete disaster...Key Features Of Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms
- Extensive freedom of choice, affecting the course of the game
- Gripping storyline in a world full of myths, destinies and legendary creatures
- Two game worlds in one: Wander between the worlds and risk a glimpse into the dark shadow world, where you will also face enemies and solve mystic puzzles.
- One dark hero, 15 different characters: Devour the souls of your enemies and use a lot of different characters and combat styles.
- Complete a variety of diverse quests and face creatures in battle that you could only imagine in your worst nightmares!
- Huge number of fantastical creatures with unique fighting styles and challenges
- Unique party system
- 90/100 - "A well-designed adventure into dark RPG-worlds that has nothing to hide." - http://www.spielemagazin.de/spiele/shadows-heretic-kingdoms-pc/
- 4/5 - "Shadows: heretic kingdoms enters a very crowded hall of action RPGs." - http://calmdowntom.com/review/shadows-heretic-kingdoms-review-pc/
- 8/10 - "It’s a rich experience with an abundance of soul and a unique vision; there’s no need to wait ten years for that glitzy triple-A game to ape its conventions and follow its narrative ambition." - http://www.hookedgamers.com/pc/shadows_heretic_kingdoms/review/article-1374-2.html
49. Battle Worlds: Kronos
Battle Isle, Advance Wars and Panzer General. Have you ever wondered what games like that would look like today? Well, we did. As a result, we decided to develope Battle Worlds: Kronos.Key Features:
- Two Single Player Campaigns (~50 hours of gameplay)
- Single Player Challenge Maps - Test your skills in different combat scenarios and keep track of your progress.
- Live Multiplayer - Battle your friends live on the internet (cross-platform) or via hot-seat.
- Asynchronous Multiplayer - Take all the time you need and consider your moves. Similar to "play-by-mail", your round is stored on our server and turned over to your opponent. The system allows you to continue the match anytime and anywhere you want (cross-platform).
- Online Features - Leagues, chat and - in early 2014 - tournaments.
- Strong AI - A clever AI that will challenge even experienced commanders.
- Map Editor - A powerful editor to create your own maps and missions (Windows only).
- Includes "Trains" DLC - Additional ~15 hours campaign, new units and new multiplayer maps
Categories in common with Battle Worlds: Kronos: Strategy
50. Arena Wars 2
Arena Wars 2 is the sequel of the award-winning Arena Wars series and combines revolutionary RTS fights with RPG elements. Join the Battlefield of the future and prove your skills in fast paced multiplayer matches as well as against the advanced AI. Stunning maps, highly detailed units, powerful upgrades and skills as well as a best balanced gameplay offer intensive fights in a spectacular Sci-Fi scenario. Thanks to an easy accessibility and different AI levels, Arena Wars 2 is the perfect RTS game for all kind of gamers.Key Features
- Gameplay balanced in perfection – award winning mix of RTS and “Capture the Flag”
- Fast paced matches on challenging maps
- State of the Art graphics thanks to the powerful Delta Engine
- Fantastic Units equipped with modern Weapon systems and spectacular skills
- Outstanding & non-cheating AI available in 5 different difficulty levels will challenge every player
- Unit-Upgrades, Power-Ups, and Items delivers countless possibilities for the “BEST STRATEGY”
- Comprehensive Replay-Function enables to follow or to save thrilling combats in order to share the spectacular moments with the entire community
- Diverse Game modes – Singleplayer, Training, Multiplayer/Coop (1 vs 1/2 vs 2)
- Various achievements available across the battlefields