Trying to find games like Commandos: Beyond the Call of Duty? Try these 100 great games that are similar to Commandos: Beyond the Call of Duty, but stand out in their own awesome ways. This is a comprehensive list of best games like Commandos: Beyond the Call of Duty that have been tried, tested and recommended.
The best games like Commandos: Beyond the Call of Duty are:
- arrow_rightCossacks II: Battle for Europe
- arrow_rightFar Cry 3
- arrow_rightAssassin’s Creed Brotherhood
- arrow_rightFallout 2: A Post Nuclear Role Playing Game
- arrow_rightPillars of Eternity
- arrow_rightAge of Empires II HD
100 Best Games Like Commandos: Beyond the Call of Duty:
Filter by Platform Select a Platformarrow_drop_down
- PC (100)
- Xbox One (15)
- PlayStation 4 (24)
- iOS (25)
- Android (19)
- macOS (49)
- Linux (34)
- Nintendo Switch (8)
- Nintendo 3DS (1)
- Nintendo DS (2)
- Xbox 360 (12)
- Xbox (1)
- PlayStation 3 (18)
- PlayStation 2 (2)
- PlayStation (4)
- PS Vita (6)
- PSP (3)
- Wii U (5)
- Wii (5)
- Game Boy Advance (1)
- Game Boy (2)
- Classic Macintosh (1)
- Commodore / Amiga (2)
- Atari ST (1)
- SEGA CD (1)
- SEGA Master System (1)
- Dreamcast (2)
- Web (1)
1. Cossacks II: Battle for Europe
Let the battle begin! The Cossacks II: Battle for Europe add-on continues the renowned Cossacks II:Napoleonic Wars game. It depicts the rather short historic period of the Napoleonic wars. The Napoleon wars changed Europe forever, leading to the formation of empires and putting an end to almost one thousand years of constant strife between small states. The game provides mass-scale battles between thousands-strong armies of the nations involved in conflicts during this period. The theatres of operation introduce France, Britain, Austria, Russia, Prussia, Egypt, and three nations not represented in the original game – Spain, the Grand Duchy of Warsaw (Poland), and the Confederation of the Rhine.
The Cossacks II: Battle for Europe reconstructs in detail the soldiers' uniforms weapons and architecture of each nation. Each nation's army has its unique units and possibilities. The game includes over 180 units 190 buildings and 1200 flora and fauna elements. When developing the combat system the peculiarities of early 19th century warring were taken into account as was the value of formations provisions and troop morale. Tactical tricks utilized by military commanders of the time are fully reflected in the game. An "honest" system of bullet and cannonball ballistics based on physics is an innovative addition to the Cossacks engine. Other engine features include 3-dimensional landscaping which creates realistic-looking scenery and towns and impacts combat tactics. For example the firing range of a subdivision of soldiers or a cannon positioned at the top of a hill is greater than the firing range of a unitstationed on flat terrain.Key features:
- Control the French, Russians, Austrians, Britons, Prussians, or Egyptians -- master new weapons and tactics during a time that redefined the meaning of modern warfare.
- Fight through historically inspired battles of the 19th century, with massive armies colliding in different types of terrain and weather.
- Battles on real historical scale with tens of thausands of units on one map.
- Realistic Troop Morale System - Well-fed troops live longer and grow in experience to become valuable battlefield assets, while fierce and overwhelming opponents, or marching long distances will cause morale to drop
- Enhanced diplomacy tools help you create treaties that give you the advantages
Categories in common with Cossacks II: Battle for Europe: Strategy
2. Far Cry 3
Far Cry 3 is absolute madness. Being the third instalment of the franchise, it has a unique plot. Playing as Jason Brody, you will understand what it is like, to be a Rambo. Vacation on Rook Islands with your friends and family quickly turned into a complete nightmare after Vaas Montenegro kidnapping everyone from the party. Jason manages to escape the cruel pirate lord with a little help from a native supporter called Dennis. Now Brody has to save all his friends and get out of the island.
To help Jason save his friends, he will need to learn new skills. Hunting animals, crafting new weapons or different abilities in killing pirates. Skill tree has plenty to offer for the player. There are all kinds of firearms for any player, from a knife to a grenade launcher. This mechanic adds pure madness for the game process, making it very fun, fluent and full of adrenaline. Stunning views of the island, excellent surroundings and a great story make Far Cry 3 an absolute fun to play.
3. Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood
Defeating the corrupt tyrants entrenched there will require not only strength, but leadership, as Ezio commands an entire Brotherhood who will rally to his side. Only by working together can the Assassins defeat their mortal enemies.
And for the first time, introducing an award-winning multiplayer layer that allows you to choose from a wide range of unique characters, each with their own signature weapons and assassination techniques, and match your skills against other players from around the world.
It’s time to join the Brotherhood.
Key FeaturesBE A LEGEND – Take Ezio, now a legendary Assassin, on a new adventure with 15+ hours of story-driven single-player gameplay.
LEAD AND CONTROL A LEGENDARY BROTHERHOOD – Recruit and customize your own guild. Train and level up assassins and command them to aid you in your quest.
DEPLOY SECRET WEAPONS – Swiftly eliminate your enemies using tools such as poison darts, parachutes, double hidden blades, hidden guns, and an advanced flying machine at your disposal.
WIN THE HEART OF A CITY – Use your hard-won currency to revitalize the crumbling capitol city. Rally the citizens to your cause and unlock extra factions and missions.
AWARD-WINNING MULTIPLAYER – Choose from multiple authentic character classes, each with their own signature weapons and killing moves. With richly detailed maps and a wide variety of unique multiplayer modes, you’ll never fight the same way twice.
BONUS CONTENT:Project Animus Update #1 Multiplayer DLC:
To survive the treacherous, narrow roads and the multi-leveled architecture of the Mont Saint-Michel map and the challenging Advanced Alliance multiplayer mode, Abstero recruits will need to use free-running and refined hunting skills to their advantage.
Project Animus Update #2 Multiplayer DLC:
The Pienza Map provides the perfect free-running playground where predators and targets can blend and disappear. In the Chest Capture Multiplayer Mode two teams comprised of three players each partner with fellow Templars to either defend or capture Chests. Also included is the new Templar Score feature to reward diligent work by Abstergo recruits.
The Da Vinci Disappearance Single-Player and Multiplayer DLC:
After the fall of the Borgias, Leonardo Da Vinci is kidnapped and Ezio will embark on a relentless quest to recover him discovering new locations and gameplay features. The multiplayer addition is the biggest expansion to the award-winning multiplayer yet, including a new map, new characters and game modes.
4. Fallout 2: A Post Nuclear Role Playing Game
This sequel to the original Fallout is set in a post-apocalyptic era many decades after a nuclear war broke out and eliminated most of the world as we know it. America is turned into the Wasteland, a grim world full of ugly ghouls, powerful super mutants, mad robots and raiders, and various factions fighting for power. There are also many pre-war Vaults, some of which allowed their inhabitants to survive the war. The game uses an isometric view like most 1990s RPGs did, and the battles are turn-based.
You play as a Chosen One, a distant descendant of the original Vault Dweller, living in the village called Arroyo. The Chosen One is tasked by the village's elders to retrieve Garden of Eden Creation Kit, a gadget that can transform the wasteland into a fertile environment. Before you start, you can customize your Chosen One and assign him with various skills, perks and traits using the system called S.P.E.C.I.A.L. Your actions and choices affect both your karma, which defines how "good" your character is overall and your reputation that may vary from settlement to settlement.
Categories in common with Fallout 2: A Post Nuclear Role Playing Game: Role Playing
In the city of robots Machinarium, a gang called "Black Cap Brotherhood" is dominating. At first, it all started with the usual hooligan antics, beginning with a slingshot and ending with the theft of the gramophone. However, one of the gang members decided to attack the mayor, infecting his brain with parasites. The mayor manages to call the robot scavenger that will send the bandit to a dump. However, the scavenger by mistake sucks the cleaner Joseph (you play as him). And the bandit washes off, kidnaping Joseph's girlfriend, Berta. From this moment the game begins.
The most significant difference from other games made in this genre is that the interaction occurs only with those objects that the protagonist can reach. You can also increase and decrease your height (three positions: low standard and high). Also in the game, there are no dialogues, instead of which the system of animated clouds of thoughts is used.
6. Pillars of Eternity
In the land of Dyrwood, which suffers from a supernatural and inexplicable misfortune: children in Dyrwood are become "Hollowborn", what means, without a soul. The main character gets into a storm, discovering the talent of the "Watcher", which allows him to communicate directly with other people's souls and see other people's lives. During the game, he must reveal his purpose and find a way to solve the problem of "Hollowborn" children.
You will need to travel around the world of Eora, performing tasks for different groups, the relationship with each of which determines a specific reputation system. Reputation is calculated separately for each group and depends on the actions of the player. Fights with opponents occur in real time with the ability to stop the time. Up to five characters-companions can accompany the hero, they not only help in combat but also reveal some important details of the plot.
This game uses a unique role-playing system. A prominent place in it is given to the skills and abilities of the character, not related to the battles. The feature of this system is that the combat and non-combat skills of the character develop independently.
Categories in common with Pillars of Eternity: Role Playing
7. Age of Empires II HD
Age of Empires II HD is a strategy game, the remastered version of the original game with improved graphics and some new features including the Workshop compatibility. It's followed by three expansions: The Forgotten, The African Kingdoms and The Rise of the Rajas that add new civilizations, campaigns, and modes to the game.
In Age of Empires II HD, you develop the selected civilization from the Dark Ages to the modern time. You have multiple units to complete different tasks such as mining resources, explore the world and fight enemies. You can also reveal new technologies and upgrade your units. There are different ways to win: you can either fight the enemy civilization or choose a peaceful way and develop your science and culture instead of war. To develop efficiently, you need to manage resources carefully.
Categories in common with Age of Empires II HD: Strategy
To survive is the main task in the game Rust. It is necessary to survive in the area, which is now wholly wild but was recently inhabited.
At the beginning of the game, there is only a rock and a torch. The rest will have to be found or stolen.
Bears and wolves roam the terrain, there are diseases and radiation in the game, but the main danger comes from other survivors. The game has only a multiplayer mode. We have to engage in skirmishes and hand-to-hand fighting with them.
Players can not only compete, but also unite. Rare minutes of peace and security worth devoting to construction, equipment and strengthen the shelter, the base.
Sometimes some helicopters shoot everyone on the ground. Fortunately, helicopters can be brought down.
Weapons can be found, collected and improved. Sophisticated and more effective weapons sometimes cannot be assembled independently, you need to use drawings and find rare details, sometimes leaving very far.
Sometimes planes drop from the sky "parcels" with various useful staff. The falling parcel is visible from afar, the path to its fall can be long. The package can be noticed by others. A long road can be facilitated by a vehicle. For example, a boat.
9. Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee
Oddworld: Abe’s Oddysee is the first chapter of the Oddworld franchise. The game is set in the fictional Oddworld universe inhabited by extraterrestrials. The story follows Abe, a slave on the Mudokon meat factory, who suddenly realizes the perspective of being slaughtered in the near future with all of his fellow slaves. Players are offered to take control of Abe on his way to the liberation of the rest of enslaved Mudokons. The gameplay features classic platformers’ mechanics: all the action is divided into 2D levels that should be passed. In the course of the completion, Abe is going to solve puzzles, overcome obstacles and defeat (or dodge) enemies. Each players’ mistake from failing a grenade throw to falling from high ground will cause death and a restart of the level from the last checkpoint, which means difficulties. On the way through the Oddworld Abe can use his supernatural ability to telepathically influence Sligs (unplayable characters). However, their help is only available in safe areas, so the Mudokons’ rescue is though up to Abe.
10. Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light is an action adventure game developed by Crystal Dynamics. The title serves as a spin-off to Tomb Raider series and is not connected to the series storyline whatsoever.
Two thousand years ago there was a battle between the Guardian of Light and the Keeper of Darkness. The Keeper won using the Mirror of Smoke with which he summoned a horde of horrible monsters, but the Guardian survived the encounter and imprisoned the Keeper in his own mirror. Fast-forward to the present day. Lara Croft finds the legendary mirror, but she does not know what evil it contains.
The game puts a strong emphasis on cooperative play, yet it is possible to complete the game alone. While the previous installments in the series featured an action third-person camera, Guardian of Light is using a fixed isometric camera. The players can choose to play either as the Guardian himself or as Lara Croft with each character having their own abilities.
Puzzles differ when played alone or in co-op mode. This was done in order to make the players rely less on AI.
11. Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty
Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty is a platformer developed by Just Add Water. It is a complete remake of the first installment in the series, Oddworld: Abe's Odyssey.
The game tells a story of a prisoner of the biggest meat-processing plant on Oddworld. The Protagonist is a Mudokon named Abe who is a floor-waxer and an Employee of the Year. With the ingredients for the company's main products running out, the owner of the plant decides to launch a new treat named "Mudokon Pops!". Overhearing that, Abe decides to escape and free all Mudokon slaves he can find.
New 'n' Tasty is a 2.5D scrolling platformer with the main focus on puzzle solving. The player can talk and direct other Mudokons. The objective is to find and rescue 299 Mudokon slaves by getting them out of the plant through portals. Some Mudokons are hidden in secret areas.
New 'n' Tasty features good and bad endings. The outcome depends on the number of saved slaves. Saving over 150 Mudokons results in a good ending, which is considered canon.
12. Sid Meier's Civilization IV
As with the rest of Sid Meier’s Civilization series, the player controls a real historical civilization and leads it from the stone age to the space era. The goal is to develop its culture, science, and economy and to conquer the neighboring countries if you feel like it. There are eighteen playable civilizations in the game with some of them having multiple leaders to choose from. Each PC-controlled leader is based on an actual historical figure and has his or her unique personality traits, such as being diplomatic or aggressive.
Civilization IV was the first to introduce different religions rather than an abstract "religion" as a concept. There are seven available religions that can be founded during the game and spread across the map, increasing their founder's influence and boosting his citizens' happiness. The fourth part also introduced the idea of Great People, such as scientists, artists, and prophets, who are also based on actual persons. Corruption mechanic was removed and replaced with expensive building maintenance. Barbarians, who used to be just random enemy units, now can build cities that, however, will not contact with the player via diplomacy and should only be eliminated.
Categories in common with Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Strategy
13. Assassin's Creed: Director's Cut Edition
Assassin’s Creed is an action-adventure game that follows the confrontation of the Assassins and the Templars. It’s the first installment in the series, followed by several standalone titles and DLCs. Director’s Cut Edition is the extended version of Assassin’s Creed with more investigation options and several new missions.
The game’s world is split between the modernity and the time after the Third Crusade when the main action is set. You play as Desmond Miles, a descendant of an assassin named Altair Ibn-La'Ahad. You need to step into the war over the Apple of Eden. With the Animus machine Desmond’s mind is sent to the past and you take control of Altair. The game missions are in fact a series of assassinations you need to carry out.
Assassin’s Creed is set in an open world with three main cities: Jerusalem, Acre, or Damascus. In every city you get information about your target and can complete side quests. You upgrade Altair with new weapons after each successful assassination. The protagonist is also very skillful and has the Eagle Vision ability to highlight all visible characters either they are targets, enemies, allies or neutrals. This option is only available when the health bar is full.
14. Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition
Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition is a fantasy role-playing game, a remake of the original 1998 release.
The plot follows a player-created character in the world of Forgotten Realms, mainly in the location known as the Sword Coast. Set out on a quest for vengeance and resolving a crisis, the hero finds many friends and enemies, and ultimately, reveals his origin and the circumstances of the game’s introduction.
The player can choose from different classes and in-game races, each with their advantages and disadvantages, and equip the corresponding gear to utilize the character’s skills of choice further. The role-playing system in the game is rich with dialogues and interactions with NPCs, as they often provide valuable information, quests or items. Combat in Baldur’s Gate is made through real-time actions and planning in pause mode, allowing players to create different strategies for more tough encounters.
New in enhanced edition
The remake brought various bugfixes and overhauls for current-gen gaming systems, allowing for bigger screen resolutions and overall higher quality of graphics while retaining the key gameplay features. New NPCs and related quests, as well as an expansion pack, were added to Enhanced Edition, and new difficulty levels were implemented, either for players who only want to immerse in the story, or those who prefer a real challenge to their skills.
15. Commandos: Behind Enemy Lines
The first game in the Commandos series.
The action takes place during WW2. The player commands a detachment of saboteurs.
The game offers twenty missions. In each mission you need to perform several tasks - destroy the bridge, headquarters, military equipment, enemy commander, save someone from captivity. Different weapons are used for different tasks. Sometimes it is necessary to use pre-captured enemy equipment, including tanks and a submarine. Locations are diverse: Norway, Germany, France, Libya, Tunisia and others.
The group acts in the deep rear of the enemy. This means that the number of enemies is always much greater than the number of our soldiers and we have to act secretly. To let the enemy find us means to fail the mission and doom the squad to perish.
The group includes fighters who can do a lot of things: climb walls, control land and sea transport, shoot sniper weapons, fight with harpoon, use mines and syringes with poison.
Categories in common with Commandos: Behind Enemy Lines: Action
16. Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut
Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut is a remastered version of the original point-and-click quest released 13 years afterward.
The original game sets in Paris and tells a story of a Nicole Collard — the protagonist alongside with George Stobbart — the American tourist. The whole narrative centers around Palais Royale where the murdering of the local President candidate — Pierre Carchon. Furthermore, she figures out the Templar order is mixed with the situation. The player is set to follow many arcs: starting from romancing the other characters and ending with the prevention of the global terroristic attacks.
Traditionally, the gameplay in the point-and-click varies a little or do not change at all. The player is given some two-dimensional background with clickable items on it and the characters on the screen. The player may interact either with the environment or with the people. The remastered version also brought touch controls for mobile devices and accelerometer Wii Remote pads.
Director's Cut features
The game's graphics were rendered in higher definition, some of the original's scenes were cut out, and the display of the blood spilling in some scenes was evaded entirely. The original game featured only George Stobbart as the protagonist; however, the whole new Collard's story was added. The game has also got easier — the "help" section was added.
17. Zombie Driver HD
Zombie Driver HD is a single-player action game, combining elements of shooter and racing. The events set in a zombie apocalypse environment.
There are three game modes. The first one is a classical story mode.
You play as a taxi driver, who is doing his work when the virus appears. You need to get to the military checkpoint, where you have to complete different missions: picking up survivors around the city, transporting something or even killing. You have to fight with the bosses – substantial mutated zombies. In the second mode, Blood Race, the player enters the brutal race. You can chase the cars and take them down. There are three distinct game types: classic race; eliminator, where the player needs to take down cars as many as he can; the endurance, in which you need to race with a ticking bomb in your vehicle. The last one is Slaughter. You try to survive on different arenas as long as you can.
As for the vehicles, there are 13 types of driving. It includes a fire truck, bulldozer, and tank.
Every vehicle feels different, so you can taste it and choose the most convenient one. Upgrading the vehicle on the fly is possible. The game offers the variety of weapons. You can burn zombies with flamethrowers or attack with the launcher. You fight with crowds of zombies at a time, especially in the Slaughter mode. The types of enemies can be unusual: there are zombies dogs, for instance. Medical drops, scattered around the city, can help to manage your health.
18. Ravensword: Shadowlands
Ravenswood: Shadowlands is the second installment in the Ravenswood series and the sequel to Ravensword: The Fallen King. It is an open-world fantasy game reminiscent of Gothic and The Elder Scrolls series. It was one of the first notable RPGs designed for iOS, although the game is also available on other platforms.
The story is set in a medieval fantasy world of Tyreas and follows a customizable protagonist. At the beginning of the game, he or she fights in the Battle of Heronmar against the dark elves and trolls. An earthquake erupts, killing all combatants except the player's character. The protagonist awakes in the city of Aven, revived by the local healers. Eventually, the protagonist meets Archmage, who sends him or her on a quest of the worldwide importance. The character has to gather artifacts called Ravenstones to open the gate to Shadowlands, the world of demons. There, the protagonist will have to kill the demon king.
The player controls his or her character from the third person view in a 3D environment. The world of Ravenswood is open for exploration. The player can accept side quests or even go hunting to gather food and experience. When the character levels up, the player can use experience points to improve the protagonist's skills and attributes. The character can also learn some of the skills by repeating them. There are no character classes, and the character can become a warrior and a magician at the same time.
19. PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 2019
Also get these bonus PES 2019 myClub items below:
• David Beckham 2018 - 10 match loan
• Philippe Coutinho - 10 match loan
• Premium Agent (3 Players) x 10 weeks
• 3 Player Contracts x 10 weeks
David Beckham Edition
• David Beckham 2018
• Philippe Coutinho 10 match loan
• Premium Agent (3 Players) x 20 weeks
• 3 Player Contracts x 20 weeks
• PES Legend Player
• David Beckham 2018
• Philippe Coutinho 10 match loan
• Premium Agent (3 Players) x 30 weeks
• 3 Player Contracts x 30 weeks
PES 2019 new features:
•• AUTHENTIC LEAGUES – Huge addition of licensed leagues
• MAGIC MOMENTS – Player individuality has been taken to the next level with 11 new skill traits. Score great goals with improved shooting motion & animation, and see stamina have an impact with Visible Fatigue
• NEW MYCLUB - Every element has been redone, from how you sign players, to special versions of players released throughout the year
• THE BEAUTIFUL GAME – Experience photo-realism with stunning animation flow, supporting 4K HDR
• ML REAL SEASON – Experience life as a real manager with 3 significant changes: ICC pre-season, in-depth transfer system and new league licenses
The Legend Edition includes a special 3D scanned version of David Beckham from 2018, and PES Legend Player for myClub!
20. Sniper: Ghost Warrior
Sniper: Ghost Warrior is the second game in Sniper series of tactical shooters with sniping simulation. It is the first game subtitled Ghost Warrior and a spiritual sequel to Sniper: Art of Victory.
The game is set in Latin America, in the deep jungle of a fictional island state Isla Trueno. An enemy power has recently overthrown the local pro-American government. The player assumes control over the US special forces agents and Truenian rebels who fight against the new regime. In Sniper: Ghost Warrior, the player assumes the roles of several main characters, among them a US soldier Tyler Wells who performs sniping and stealth operations, and a local rebel El Tejon who is most useful in open combat.
There are several types of missions in the game. Some of them emphasize stealth action and marksmanship, while others involve direct firefight. Besides a variety of sniper rifles, the characters can use other silent weapons, such as knives and silenced handguns.
The game has a quasi-realistic model of bullet ballistics. The player has to take into account the distance to the target and the bullet's flight time. The wind and the shooter's physical condition also influence the accuracy. In lower difficulty levels, the player can use the system that indicates the designated target and the place of the actual hit.
21. Secret Ponchos
Secret Ponchos is a Wild West-themed twin-stick multiplayer shooter.
Art-style and setting
Secret Ponchos universe takes inspiration from spaghetti westerns.
Its levels are set in classic western environments such as saloons, railroads, small towns, and mines. The game’s art-style is cartoonish; the character models are very expressive and grotesque.
The players participate in online matches with up to three players in each team. There are eight different characters (named “outlaws”) in the game, each one with its unique abilities, weapons, and stats. Every outlaw has two different weapons with several fire modes such as the rifle that can both fire spread shots and snipes enemies from the long distance, sawed-off shotgun that can stun enemies, the sword with charged attacks and many more. Each character has five characteristics that can be adjusted in the “Outlaw Perks” menu: damage, speed, stamina, fire rate, and health.
The game has a rank system tallied as a bounty. Winning ranked matches increases your bounty and lets you progress through 10 ranks, from Petty to Death Bringer.
Even though there is a single-player arcade mode, Secret Ponchos is mostly a multiplayer game.
There are four multiplayer game modes: Domination in which team with five kill advantage wins, Deathmatch with no respawn, Free-for-all, and Posse leader where you have to protect your team’s leader and kill the opposite team’s leader.
Forced is an indie role-playing game developed by BetaDwarf.
The players are slaves who are made to fight in a gladiator-like arena. These slaves are born in a nearby village to become fighters and are trained from a very young age. With the help of your mentor, Balfus, you will embark on a path of becoming the best gladiator and getting to the final guardian known as The Master.
Forced is an action game played from a top-down perspective. It is heavily inspired by the MOBA genre, yet it only focuses on singleplayer and its cooperative mode. The players select a weapon, which serves as a character class and has 16 abilities.
Four weapon classes are present in the game: Bow, Hammer, Knives, Frost Shield. The serve as a long-range damage dealer, deadly area damage dealer, fast melee attacker, and a supportive class. Just like in MOBA games, Forced features both active and passive abilities that are weapon class-specific. If a cooperative mode is played, the players have to choose different classes, as the game will not allow your party to play otherwise. The game also adjusts the difficulty accordingly if played in cooperative mode.
After completing each mission of the game, the players are awarded gems. These gems can be used to upgrade your weapons and unlock their new abilities. The players can get three gems max per mission.
23. Defense Grid: The Awakening
Microsoft’s tower defence
The game is one in the genre of tower defense, developed by Hidden Path Entertainment for PC and Xbox 360. Later it was ported to the Mac, and for other consoles in 2013. For Xbox owners, it was distributed free of charge to all holders of the Gold Xbox Live subscription. The game was actively promoted by Microsoft at Game Developers Conference 2008.
The player must defend his own military bases from alien attacks. The latter aimed at power cores, which are located on each map at power plants. To protect the cores player has at their disposal ten different types of towers. They have to be built on platforms specially allocated for this. Thus each level turns into a puzzle, created by the developers for the player to solve. Enemies can not attack the towers, and killing the foes is the only source of resources for the player. Each tower has its own strengths, and for the maximum efficiency, they must be correctly positioned on the map. The player has to defeat Fifteen types of enemies, each like towers, with its own strengths and weaknesses.
There is a story in the game, despite the simplicity of the gameplay. It is based on the fact of an attack by some alien race on the planet, where for some unknown reason the defense grid is disabled. Completing the levels, the player turns on each node of the defense system and eventually one by one and reflects the enemy attack. The game is set in the distant future, and the scenery for the battles contains ancient ruins and military bases built amid the dying grandeur of civilization.
24. Caesar 3
Hail Governor, your city awaits.
As a provincial governor charged with spreading the glory of Rome our mission is clear: build cities, foster trade and industry, make money. How you accomplish this is entirely up to you. Gain wealth and power, make a career out of pleasing the emperor, battle Barbarians and repel invaders or concentrate on building the next Eternal City. Fail and you’ll end up as lunch for the lions. Prove your strength of mind and spirit and you just may be crowned Caesar!
- Build rule and defend on one screen - a truly intuitive, helpful interface lets you jump right in and start building.
- Citizens give you a glimpse into the life of the common man – talk to them for clues about how to improve your city.
- Various new structures and challenges arise throughout your Governor’s career, for tremendous depth of play and replayability.
Verdun is an indie multiplayer squad-based FPS developed by M2H and Blackmill Games.
Verdun is set in the World War I period and is inspired by the French Battle of Verdun. The game is historically accurate, featuring multiple WWI weaponry, uniforms, and equipment. To display the horrors of war, the game also features a detailed injury and decapitation models.
Most of the matches of Verdun feature 32 players, yet it is possible to up that number to 64 in a private Frontlines mode match.
There are four game modes in Verdun:
The main mode is Frontlines, in which two teams fight over the sectors of an enormous and authentic frontline maps. Depicting the typical trench warfare of WWI, the players attack and counter-attack each other in turns. Each player is a part of a 4-player squad, with each squad having its own perks. 12 types of squads are available. Upon joining a squad, the players have to choose a class available to their squad type.
The Attrition Warfare mode is basically a common Team Deathmatch. Each team spawns with a number of tickets that deplete when a team member dies. The first team to lose all their tickets loses the match.
Squad Defense is a cooperative horde mode when a squad of players defend themselves from waves of opposing forces.
In Rifle Deathmatch, the players participate in a free-for-all deathmatch, where every player fights for themselves. Players can purchase attachments for their weapons after killing their enemies.
26. ATOM RPG: Post-apocalyptic indie game
ATOM RPG is a post-apocalyptic indie game, inspired by classic CRPGs: Fallout, Wasteland, System Shock, Deus Ex, Baldur's Gate and many others.
In 1986 both the Soviet Union and the Western Bloc were destroyed in mutual nuclear bombings. You are one of the survivors of the nuclear Holocaust. Your mission - to explore the wild and wondrous world of the Soviet Wasteland. To earn your place under the sun. And to investigate a shadowy conspiracy, aimed at destroying all that is left of life on Earth.
• A powerful character creation tool, aimed at making the wasteland hero you want to portray!
• A balanced roleplaying system inspired by GURPS. Each stat combination provides a unique gaming experience, unique dialogues, and new ways to solve some of the quests!
• Dozens of skills, from lockpicking to gambling!
• Many hours of gameplay on all sorts of locations. Meet the other survivors in a brave new settlement, built from the dust of the old world. Venture into the wilds, where mutated creatures and savage bandits lurk. Work out the secrets of an old military bunker. Or simply lose yourself, fishing at a scenic pond...
• Turn-based combat, inspired by Fallout 1 and 2.
• Random encounters with the dwellers of the Soviet Wasteland - both friendly and dangerous. Sometimes all at the same time...
• Many deep, multiple-choice dialogues that feel like real conversations with the unique NPCs of the game.
• Nonlinear gameplay! Dozens of quests, each with many alternative solutions. Play the game like You want to!
Categories in common with ATOM RPG: Post-apocalyptic indie game: Role Playing
27. Cossacks: Back to War
To stand alone in war is extremely unpleasant. Extremely pleasant, on the other hand, is the stand-alone version Cossacks: Back to War. Containing all of the gameplay features of Cossacks: European Wars and Cossacks: The Art of War, this is a complete care package for all current and future Cossacks fans. This add-on contains 100 captivating missions taking place between the 16th and 18th centuries. In addition, two new nations, Switzerland and Hungary, are included. These countries waged war in the late Middle Ages and essentially influenced the development of European military strategies. This addition causes the second add-on of Cossacks to pass the threshold of allowed gaming fun.
Thrilling real-time strategy game with historical background.
Fascinating 3D landscapes.
Play takes place in Europe between the 16th and 18th centuries.
Stand-alone game, other Cossacks games not required to play.
A total of 20 different European nations to command.
100 new single missions.
2 new nations: Switzerland and Hungary with a total of 8 new units.
Spectacular real-time battles with up to 8,000 units.
4 different difficulty levels.
1 new camel riding unit for Algeria and Turkey: Bedouin.
This version with low system requirements is adapted for comfortable play on any hardware from low-end computers, laptops and netbooks, to high-end PCs (with Windows Vista/7).
Ad-Hoc multiplayer play (offline mode).
Infinite AI skirmishes on randomly generated maps.
Categories in common with Cossacks: Back to War: Strategy
28. Disney's Hercules: The Action Game
Purchase this PS one® Classic and play it on both your PS3™ and PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) systems!
Play as Hercules and go from zero to hero! Battle through a series of action-packed levels to prove you are a true hero!
Download this PS one® Classic today!
Transferring to a PSP® system from your PS3™ system:
You must be signed into the PlayStation®Network account that originally purchased the game. You must have at least 213 MB free on your Memory Stick Duo™. Connect your PSP® system to your PS3™ system with a USB cable and switch your PSP® system to USB Mode. Highlight the game on the PS3™ XMB™, press the Δ button and select Copy.
PC Store Customers:
Log into your PlayStation®Network account that you originally used to purchased the game. Then, download the game from your “Download List” in the PlayStation®Store onto your PS3™ system.
This title has been converted from the original PlayStation® disc to the PSP® and the PS3™ systems. Consequently, there may be times where the title plays differently from the PlayStation® disc version, or where some features may not function properly. This version does not support PlayStation® peripherals (controller, memory card, multitap, etc.), therefore functionalities such as multiplayer, versus, and co-op modes are not available.
Purchase indicates acceptance of the PlayStation®Network Terms of Service/User Agreement and this item's use restrictions. If you do not wish to accept all these terms, do not purchase this item. One-time license fee for downloads to up to 2 console systems and 2 portable systems that are associated with the purchasing account.
"PS one" is a registered trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.
"PlayStation", "PS" Family logo, and "PSP" are registered trademarks of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.
29. Albion Online
Albion Online is a sandbox MMORPG set in an open medieval fantasy world. The game features a player-driven economy where nearly every item is player-crafted. Combine armor pieces and weapons suited to your playstyle in a unique, classless "you are what you wear" system. Explore the world, take on other adventurers in thrilling battles, conquer territories, and build a home.
Craft. Trade. Conquer.
Dive in now and become part of a living fantasy world where everybody matters.Key Features
From basic tools and clothes to mighty armors and powerful weapons – nearly every item in the game is crafted by players, in player-constructed buildings, from resources gathered by players. Buy, sell, and trade with other players at local marketplaces all across the world of Albion. Craft rare and powerful items, then sell them to the highest bidder and grow your fortune.
With Albion Online's classless combat system, switching playstyles is as easy as switching gear. Test out new equipment anytime and swap out weapons, armor, and mounts to suit any situation. Hone your character’s skills by crafting new items, or by simply using your favorite equipment.
From solo to small-group to large-scale battles, you'll need strategy, tactics and skill to prevail. Test your skills against other adventurers in high-risk, high-reward full-loot fights, and use every tactic at your disposal to emerge victorious.
Join a guild and carve out your own piece of Albion in tactical guild-versus-guild battles. Take over territories for access to incredible resources. Build guild halls and crafting stations, and conquer entire cities to levy taxes and grow your wealth. Track your guild's progress on a constantly-updated leaderboard, and take on leadership roles to bring your guild to new heights of glory.
Claim a city plot or private island and make it your own. Plant crops to sell or craft into food, raise your own livestock and mounts, and place crafting stations for other players to use for a fee. Stock your house with custom furniture and trophies, build chests to store your growing collection of loot, and hire laborers to keep everything at your homestead running smoothly.
From small scouting bands to massive bosses, from dungeons to full-blown faction bases, the inhabitants of Albion’s open world await your challenge. Explore five beautiful biomes, each with its own challenges. Take on six different factions, each with unique enemies that require their own strategy. Partake in solo or group expeditions – or seek out the ultimate thrill by facing demons and other players alike in Hellgates.
Albion Online is a true cross-platform MMO experience. Whether you prefer Windows, Mac, Linux, or even Android or iOS (mobile currently in beta), one account lets you play on all platforms, with all players on a single shared server. Forge alliances with other players worldwide and take part in massive battles to determine the fate of Albion.
- Unlimited access to Albion Online
- 30 Days of Premium Status
- 2,000 Gold
To play Albion Online on Steam, it is necessary to purchase the game through Steam and create a new Albion Online account. Pre-existing Albion Online accounts that were created anywhere other than Steam will not be able to play through the Steam client.
30. Cossacks 3
Return of the legendary Cossacks! The sequel of the award winning strategy series.
Leaning on the history of the 17th and 18th century, the real time strategy game awakens colossal mass battles with up to 32,000 soldiers simultaneously on the battlefield.
This remake of the classic game, that originally launched in 2000, contains all of the elements that distinguish the successful Cossacks games and combines them with contemporary 3D-graphics. Cossacks 3 provides the player with infinite tactical options, including not only the construction of buildings, the production of raw materials, but also the broad selection of various units and the influence of the landscape.
20 nations, 120 different unit types, 100 research opportunities, and over 220 different historical buildings are available to the player. Besides the battles ashore, players can build an armada and attack their enemies at sea. Cossacks 3 offers five historic single player-campaigns and up to eight players can fight each other in multiplayer-mode on one map. The player can forge alliances with or against others as well as challenge the computer. Randomly generated maps provide endless variations and can be adapted to the gamer’s needs.
Grandiose battles of up to 32,000 soldiers on the battlefield
20 playable nations
100 research opportunities
220 different historic buildings
Battles ashore and at sea
Five singleplayer historical campaigns
Infinite variations of battles on randomly generated mapsAs a free DLC all the players will receive 8 additional playable nations with the unique music main themes.
Information about Digital Deluxe Edition (no longer available for purchase):
Digital Deluxe - is a game edition, that contained both base game and 4 previously announced DLC, which are getting consequent releases during 1 year after Cossacks 3 release, along with few great bonuses.
We have already released 4 promised DLCs: Days of Brilliance, Rise to Glory, Path to Grandeur and The Golden Age. They include:
Early access to new nations:
[Days of Brilliance] Denmark
[Days of Brilliance] Netherlands
[Rise to Glory] Bavaria
[Rise to Glory] Saxony
[Path to Grandeur] Hungary
[Path to Grandeur] Portugal
[The Golden Age] Switzerland
[The Golden Age] Piedmont
[Days of Brilliance] Pro Fide, Lege et Rege
[Rise to Glory] Huge gambles and great achievements.
[Rise to Glory] The Lion of the North.
[Path to Grandeur] St.Jacob with us, Spain!
[Path to Grandeur] In the Service of the Grand Vizier!
[The Golden Age] Oranien bovem!
[Days of Brilliance] Konotop
[Days of Brilliance] Clash at Nordlingen
[Days of Brilliance] Stuart Restoration
[Days of Brilliance] Peasants' War
[Days of Brilliance] Landing in Brittany
[Rise to Glory] Second Northern War
[Rise to Glory] Great Northern War
[Rise to Glory] Franco-Dutch War
[The Golden age] War for Brazil
[The Golden age] War in the Caribbean
[The Golden age] The Portuguese War of Independence
[The Golden age] Siege of DunkirkHistorical battle:
[The Golden age] Battle of Nieuwpoort (1600)
[The Golden age] Battle of Pyliavtsi (1648)
[The Golden age] Battle of Prostki (1656)
[The Golden age] Battle of Saint Gotthard (1664)
[The Golden age] Battle of Villaviciosa (1710)
[The Golden age] Battle of Sheriffmuir (1715)
[The Golden age] Oran (1732)
[The Golden age] Battle of Soor (1745)Environments:
[Rise to Glory] Winter maps
[Path to Grandeur] Desert maps
Digital Deluxe Edition owners would also receive soundtrack in lossless quality (wav format).
Digital Deluxe Edition is no longer available for purchases. Its owners have already got 4 DLC for free, as we`ve promised.
Categories in common with Cossacks 3: Strategy
31. Robin Hood: The Legend of Sherwood
England, Anno Domini 1190 – Richard the Lionheart is held prisoner and his brother, Prince John rules over the simple peasants with an iron hand and this pure force of arms forces them to bend to authority. Only one man takes up the struggle against the oppressors, supported by a small band of brave and loyal followers. His name; Robin Hood.
Roam the dense foliage of Sherwood, come face to face with royal trouble and battle against Prince John’s forces as you take on the role of legendary nobleman, Robin Hood. Team up with Little John and the rest of the Merry Men as the battle for the King’s throne ensues in this stealth-based, real-time strategy game.
- Non-linear campaign system with over 30 different missions
- Mission types from Robbery and Infiltration to Castle Attack and Ambush
- Combines action and adventure with stealth tactical elements
- Innovative combat system, interact with the mouse while fighting to access special combat skills
- Play as Robin Hood, Little John, Friar Tuck or even Maid Marian, nine characters in all, each with specific abilities and attributes
- Spectacular graphics with realistic atmospheric conditions like day, night and fog
- Explore historic locations; Sherwood Forest, Nottingham Castle, York and many more
Categories in common with Robin Hood: The Legend of Sherwood: Strategy
32. Anno 1404
A unique and award-winning combination of construction, economy, discovery, diplomacy, and combat.
Create your own nation with a unique blend of simulation and real-time strategy as you journey across the globe to explore, trade, and learn technologies to expand your empire and to make your own history.
- Meet the Orient! Build your own settlement and get to know the culture and technologies of the Orient.
- Create huge metropolises! Build a unique seaside with the harbor system and shape the character of your new city with alleyways, city walls, and castles.
- Personalize the way you play! Configure the interface to fit your own personal needs. Create your own adventures in the Dawn of Discovery world with powerful tools and share them with the community.
- A strategy game for beginners and pros! An intuitive interface for beginners with many options for advanced players. A thrilling campaign that carries beginners into the world of Dawn of Discovery. A motivating sandbox mode that can be modified by players to any degree. Special titles, talents, medals, and other rewards that are collected in the captain's log.
33. Command & Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath
- Unprecedented Multi-decade Campaign – Kane returns as the centerpiece of an epic new single-player campaign. Experience a new story that spans 20 years – from the rebirth of the Brotherhood of Nod after the Second Tiberium War through the dramatic events of the Third Tiberium War and beyond. Facilitate the rise of the Brotherhood leading up to and beyond the events of Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars.
- Global Conquest – Fight the Third Tiberium War your way. Take command in an all new global conquest mode. Position your forces on a strategic level and then wage conflict in the fast, fluid, furious, tactical gameplay that Command & Conquer pioneered. Map out your strategies on the planetary level and wage all-out war on the ground.
- Live Action Videos are back! – Witness the rise of the Brotherhood first hand through intense live action video sequences starring Joe Kucan, the actor who originated the role of Kane in the Command & Conquer series in addition to a new celebrity cast of characters.
- Introduction of new Epic-Units – Devastate the battlefield with the immense firepower of all-new Epic-units. Customize your Epic-Units mid-battle via garrisoning and upgrades. Position these units in the strategic, global conquest mode then lay siege to your enemy at the tactical, battle level.
- Take Command of a Whole New Army – With the introduction of new units, structures, and abilities to each of the three factions, the Tiberium Wars will never be the same. Conquer your enemies with new units on both land and air.
- Specialized Sub-factions – Play to your strengths with six unique sub-factions, each equipped with their own exclusive units, powers, and upgrades. Utilize the sub-faction of your choice to fully take advantage and compliment your play style.
Categories in common with Command & Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath: Strategy
34. Nuclear Dawn
Nuclear Dawn is a multiplayer first-person shooter developed by InterWave Studios. It was initially announced as a Source Engine mod but was later made as a separate game.
World War 3 broke out on January, 22nd 2040. The war was fought with the devastating nuclear armament of the 20th century. Nanoviruses annihilated whole cities and machines roamed their streets. It is 2049, the war still continues, and those who survived are now parts of the Consortium or the Empire.
The players compete with each other in 16 versus 16 matches. There is one commander chosen in both of these teams. A commander places objective for their team on the map, places checkpoints, builds up defenses and supports their team by calling in a scout UAV.
All the other players are usual soldiers. There are four soldier classes available to the players with each class having its own purpose.
Assaults serve as perfect middlemen, who are capable of everything but are not perfect in it. They can be seen carrying an AR, a grenade launcher or a DMR.
Exos are slow-moving but deadly. They can lock their exosuits down in place in order to drastically improve their accuracy. They're fond of chainguns.
Stealths are fast, agile, but have almost to none armor and ammo. They use SMGs and sniper rifles.
Supports are a must on the battlefield. Although they are lightly armored, they can revive downed soldiers and do repairs. SMGs are their pick.
35. The Magic Circle
You are the protagonist of an unfinished 1st person fantasy game, trapped in development hell. The designers (played by James Urbaniak, Ashly Burch, and Karen Dyer) are god-like, but so indecisive that they've given you no powers whatsoever. With the help of a mysterious disembodied voice (Stephen Russell) you must seize the tools of game development from these unworthy 'gods', uncovering more of the darkly comic story as you go. Rather than traditional puzzles with a single solution, the incomplete state of each environment is a question that you answer in your own way. Trap the designers' creations, steal their behaviors, and re-mix them to explore and master this world-in-progress. Can you out-think the game gods? Can you ship The Magic Circle from inside it?
Warning: Some strong language and references to adult subject matter.
In Sanitarium you play an amnesiac thrust into a morbid, really creepy universe. After a car accident you wake up to find that instead of lying in a hospital, you’re in an asylum with your head wrapped in bandages. Who the hell am I? What am I doing here? How do I escape? There endless questions eating away at you, and so too are the many puzzles you’ll need to resolve throughout this immersive, captivating adventure.
Featuring a rich, complex plot set in an intense world where a very thin line separates reason from madness, Sanitarium is a masterwork suitable for point-and-click beginners, experts and everyone who enjoys captivating storylines and horror games. Sanitarium was recently voted one of the scariest games of all time.
Originally released in 1998 for PC and Adventure Game of the Year Winner, this timeless point-and-click horror game is a must-have for adventure game fans.
37. Stronghold Legends
Lead the siege as fantasy characters throughout history! Stronghold Legends: Steam Edition takes the beloved castle building series and plunges it into myth and legend with three unique factions and new Steam-exclusive content. Play as King Arthur and command his Knights of the Round Table, ally with the demonic Vlad Dracula or relive the heroic saga of Siegfried of Xanten in 24 story missions. Build and destroy castles using powerful spells, mythical beasts and legendary hero units!
- Remastered for Steam - Steam multiplayer, Workshop support, achievements, new maps, a digital art book, trading cards and DLC campaigns.
- Become Legendary Heroes - Unique fantasy setting with campaigns following the exploits of King Arthur, Siegfried and Vlad Dracula.
- Command Mythical Beasts - Three playable factions with access to frost giants, creepers, werewolves and more!
- Cast Powerful Spells - Hero units ranging from the wizard Merlin to fire breathing dragons and the Knights of the Round Table.
- Battle AI Lords - Skirmish multiplayer against computer-controlled opponents and human players.
- Besiege Players Online - Deathmatch, King of the Hill, Economic War and Capture the Flag game modes.
Inspired by medieval folklore and introducing magic to the series for the first time, Stronghold Legends adds new environments, units, challenges and gameplay with each single player campaign and bonus trail. Catapult werewolves over castle walls, incinerate troops using dragon fire or command mighty ice giants to obliterate enemy defenses! Go online with up to four players in competitive multiplayer over Steam or skirmish offline against computer-controlled opponents.
Created exclusively for Steam, Stronghold Legends: Steam Edition comes with full Steam multiplayer, achievements, new maps, a digital art book, trading cards and all DLC campaigns. The Steam edition also updates Legends with full Steam Workshop support! Sculpt an icy tundra to wage war on, a scorched earth battleground using the evil terrain type or conjure up a magical kingdom fit for King Arthur himself.
38. Zombie Shooter 2
Zombie Shooter 2 is an action game by the maker of Alien Shooter series. It also contains elements of RPG. This game is a continuation of Zombie Shooter.
The actions take place in a ruined and devastated city, where all the citizens became zombies. After arriving in this unknown city, the player has to find out what has happened here. To finish the game the player has to fight crowds of zombies and face the leader of the threat at the end of the game. Moreover, he should not miss his last chance to save the life of his beloved.
The user can choose the preferable game type: campaign, survive or gun stand. Also, the player selects character according to his taste.
As the game progresses, the main character’s parameters can be upgraded. While playing, you can gain experience, improve your skills and earn money to spend it on user devices. Zombie Shooter 2 implies a high concentration since the number of enemies reaches more than 100 at a time. There are at least 60 types of weapons to resist zombies. Among the armaments, you can find the sniper rifles. The player can also use auxiliary devices. For instance, radar or battle drones. Moreover, there is a variety of modes of vehicles. Besides, you have an opportunity to get medicines, if necessary.
39. Expeditions: Conquistador
Conquer the New world: In the 16th Century, Spanish explorers and soldiers reached the shores of America. The search for gold, fame, and adventure drove these travelers into a treacherous wilderness where they faced hunger, disease, and dangerous predators. In their wake, the Aztec Empires lay in ruins.
Re-write the history of the Conquistadors: Forge diplomatic alliances with the natives... or crush the savages and bring civilization to the pagan tribes! Create an expedition of individual characters: Choose your followers wisely from over 30 characters, but be careful - they each have their own traits, opinions and moral standards.
Hunt for unimaginable riches and fight intense battles in the unforgiving jungle. In this turn based strategy RPG, a cunning plan is as vital as thoughtful resource management. Expeditions: Conquistador offers a rich storyline separated into two campaigns, challenging players throughout 25+ hours of gameplay. Strategy veterans as well as newbies will find their turn-based El Dorado!
- Discover the New World! Travel to legendary locations in America, roam the jungle on the hunt for mystical temples as well as ancient ruins.
- Create your own party of followers! Choose from more than 30 characters, train your recruits and lead them to battle. Coach them as they will develop from untrained recruits to fierce battlefield veterans.
- Four highly customisable difficulty levels will challenge pros and newbies alike. But be warned: The Iron Man mode is a real beast!
- Choice & Consequence: Use your skills to avoid hostility or, when diplomacy breaks down, adapt your tactics to highly varied terrains across more than 70 battlefields.
- Challenge your friends to tactical PvP combat in either Hot Seat mode or via TCP/ICP.
40. Choplifter HD
In Choplifter HD, players take on the role of an up-and-coming rescue pilot asked to join the elite, international helicopter rescue team. Pilots will be trained to command a variety of helicopters deployed on 30 different missions. Pilots must bank, hover, touch-down and sometimes even shake zombies from their chopper during lift-off in order to make their rescue and complete their mission.
- Choplifter HD dares players to risk their lives in order to save others!
- Players pilot many different helicopter types inspired by current military models
- Varied and dangerous terrain including urban areas, jungle outposts, arctic bases, and desert compounds with missions taking place at all hours of the day and night.
- Command a variety of helicopters deployed on more than 30 different missions ranging from captured military prisoner extraction to saving survivors of viral outbreaks
- Maneuver, fire, and extract under perilous conditions in order to carry out rescues
- Original Choplifter franchise creator Dan Gorlin serving as design consultant
41. Desperados 2: Cooper's Revenge
Desperados 2 is the sequel to the successful wild west title Desperados - Wanted Dead or Alive. The gameplay is based on its predecessor but with brand new tactical possibilities in a beautiful 3D environment. Switch from an isometric view to a third person view whenever you want; for example, for duels, brawls and shoot-outs. The great variety of settings includes dusty canyons, ghost towns, American Indian villages and forts, creating a breathtaking atmosphere. Take on the role of up to six heroes, including the famous bounty hunter John Cooper, and experience a thrilling story with surprising turns.
- Real-time-strategy and tactics in an exciting story and a thrilling Western atmosphere
- Varied settings including towns, American Indian villages, dusty canyons, forts, wagon convoys and ghost towns
- Double 3D view: pivotable isometric view and 3rd person view for fights and very close action
- Several levels of difficulty and a new A.I. with more tactical opponent behaviour and more interaction with allies
- Six individual actions per hero and overall 20 new actions, such as swimming, sedative injection and handcuffs
- A new hero: Hawkeyes, the American Indian
- Five actions per hero planable in advance with headword overview (Quick Actions)
- More interaction with the environment due to full 3D interior views of buildings and movements like climbing, sneaking, jumping and hiding
42. American Conquest
American Conquest – Players set sail from Europe to discover new world and conquer its innumerable riches. The game begins in 1492, when Columbus lands in the Caribbean beginning three centuries of war as 12 different tribes and nations battle for survival and conquest. In eight historical campaigns spanning 42 missions you will play the role of great legends such as Pizarro and Washington commanding epic real-time battles containing up to 16000 soldiers on 3D landscapes. Harness new technologies, unique weaponry, improved fighting units, and the delicate world of diplomacy. Play with fire! Conquer America!Key features:
- Epic real-time strategy with historical background
- Captivating real-time battles with up to 16,000 units
- Covers the era between 1492 and 1813
- 42 versatile missions in 8 thrilling campaigns e.g. Pizarro's Expedition, the War of Tecumseh, the Seven Years War, the American War of Independence
- 6 historical battles in multiplayer mode
- 9 separate single player missions
- 12 different nations and tribes: Spain, England, France, Aztecs, Incas, Mayas, Sioux, Delaware, Huron, Iroquois League, Pueblos, USA
- Over 100 different units and 106 buildings
- Tactical formations for infantry, cavalry and artillery using officers, drummers and standard bearers
- Realistic artillery effects, including gunner squadrons transporting and loading canon, as well as detonating canon balls
- Fighting morale is influenced by victories, defeats, food supplies, equipment and mercenary pay
- Apart from wide range attacks, all shooting units can fight with swords and knives (Cold Steel Attack)
- All buildings can be attacked, occupied and defended by troops
- Fortresses, forts and log cabins provide defensive advantages; units can also be accommodated and trained there
- Map scaling provides an extensive overview of the fighting action through a unique zoom perspective
- Huge maps (30x20 screens, 1024x768 pixels) and fascinating landscapes in four different climatic zones
- Detailed animation of all movements, including loading weapons
- Intricate diplomacy system allows players to build alliances with neutral tribes to trade for warriors and raw materials
- Natural environment can be used strategically: caves as hiding places or ambush starting points, hills extend the shooting range
- Multiplayer mode for up to 7 players via LAN or the Internet: Deathmatch, historical battles, automatic championship system and global rating system, War For America
- Detailed random maps in various sizes and with multiple settings for unlimited gaming fun
Categories in common with American Conquest: Strategy
43. Knights of Honor
As King, it is your duty to lead your people in their struggle to raise your kingdom from its humble beginnings to a position of power and prestige. War, diplomacy and a burgeoning economy are the means by which you increase your power and expand your influence. A unique Knight-management system will offer you brand new possibilities to enhance your personal strategy.
- Loyal knights blessed with special skills stand true at your side. Use them wisely in the military, the administration of your lands and in diplomacy, and then use their hard-won experience to further develop their talents as you see fit.
- Astute development of your estates and castles both satisfies your people and secures you decided strategic advantages. A suitable infrastructure can soon promote a flourishing economy. Exotic resources and relicts are spread over the game world and will reward your complete kingdom with special amenities.
- Lead your hand picked troops into battle and conquer enemy realms. Storm massive fortresses or lay siege to them and starve your enemies out or even poison the water. Defend your own realms against invading forces and use your tactical skills wisely.
- Use your feel for diplomacy when concluding trade agreements or entering into military alliances. Choose husbands for your daughters wisely, consolidating your power through marriage. Be ever on the watch for assassins and spies - and do not get caught yourself.
Categories in common with Knights of Honor: Strategy
44. Rollers of the Realm
Rollers of the Realm™ combines the frantic physics of classic arcade pinball with the character-driven adventure of fantasy role-playing games. Bounce, spin, and battle through scenes of an epic storyline with a band of medieval misfits tasked with reclaiming the world from dark and ancient magic. Winner of a "Best in Play" Award at GDC Play 2014, IndieCade finalist in 2013.Key Features
- A new spin on pinball: includes physics-based puzzles and combat with unique nudge and flipper mechanics.
- 10 hot-swappable player characters (represented by balls), each with a unique size, weight, and stats.
- Unleash devastating special abilities: flaming swords, animal companions, hailstorms, bombs!
- Upgrade stats and special abilities as your party levels up.
- 30+ Campaign levels to discover and replay. Fully-voiced storyline.
- Combat focused: battle grunts, elites, bosses... and more.
- Loot drops: gold, score and mana multipliers, power-ups, and treasure.
- Arena Mode: 5 challenging boards with Steam Leaderboard support.
- Two difficulty modes: change the difficulty to Challenging or Casual on the fly!
45. Battalion 1944
Fight in real world locations such as the streets of Carentan, the forests of Bastogne and many more in our spiritual successor to the great multiplayer shooters of the past. Precise aim with your Kar98, covering fire with your M1 Garand and quick thinking with your Thompson are key to your success, all packaged into a competitive multiplayer environment.
Join a Battalion and compete season to season with BattleRank, our global competition system. Contribute to your Battalion's season objective to earn cosmetic rewards for your character, weapons and accessories within our realistic art style. Flaunt your success through your player profile to become a renowned player within the community. BattleRank’s highly tuned stat tracking system enables Battalion 1944 to go beyond the standard mould of shooters gone by and enables players to compete globally for rewards, glory and honour.
Fuelled by the power of Unreal Engine 4, Battalion 1944 resurges World War 2 back into the modern gaming spotlight in our spiritual successor to the great multiplayer shooters of the past such as Call of Duty 2 and Day of Defeat. On BattleRank, it’s down to skilled soldiers like you to fight for your battalion.
In short, Battalion 1944 is an infantry based first person shooter with an emphasis on raw skill. No grinding, no 'exosuits', just you and your skill as a player.Key Features
- Raw skill based gameplay. We believe your skill should be determined by your play, not through unfair overpowered unlocks & abilities. Battalion takes design influence from classic skill based competitive shooters and merges that classic game feel with stunning next gen visuals and a fluid modern user experience.
- Intense & balanced infantry combat. Our designers have played hundreds of multiplayer games to design the perfect formula for a well balanced WW2 shooter. The excitement in Battalion 1944 lies in the intense infantry combat and authentic down the barrel experience.
- BattleRank. Fight as a lone wolf or team up alongside your friends. Contribute to your Battalion's season objective, receiving cosmetic & XP rewards for team and individual victories. Compete in regular challenges, ranging from seasonal to quick fire hourly objectives to earn rewards and extra XP. Challenges are broadcast via the main menu's BattleRank panel as well as the Battalion 1944 social channels.
- Beautiful & realistic environments. Our incredibly talented art team are designing a visually stunning recreation of World War 2, travelling to Normandy to gather reference and research the war to make Battalion's weapons, buildings and environments as authentic as possible.
- Cosmetic Progression System. Our progression system will not under any circumstances offer game breaking advantages to players of higher rank but instead will offer a purely cosmetic based unlock system. When you gain XP you will be rewarded with visual upgrades for your character, accessories and weapons within our realistic art style guidelines. This way players can shape their own identity and become a renowned and recognisable player within the community whilst still retaining an authentic World War 2 experience.
Silver, a corrupt and sinister sorcerer, rules the land of Jarrah with an iron fist. He and his henchmen have abducted the village women as part of a pact with the almighty god, Apocalypse.
Now, only one man can put a stop to Silver and his minions. That man is you, David, a promising young knight whose wife is among the captured. In order to succeed you'll need to recruit allies, master your swordplay, learn the art of magic, and venture through hostile worlds teeming with Silver's corrupt followers to find 8 lost artifacts. Begin your quest, and become a hero!
- Intuitive Swordplay: Silver's unique control method allows quick and intuitive handling of action, which is especially helpful in the heat of battle. In effect, the mouse becomes the player's "sword arm". Sweep the mouse to your left and your hero will slash to the left, sweep the mouse forward and your hero will lunge. Magical effects, throwing knives, arrow, and even catapults are also controlled through the mouse system.
- Interact with more than 50 characters. Be wary, not all are friendly
- Recruit allies, all with special abilities-Sekune is a master of archery, Cagen is a skilled martial artist, Jug's strength makes him a force to be reckoned with, and more
- Travel through hundreds of beautiful locations, rich in detail…and packed with danger
- Immerse yourself in battle with real-time combat
- Marvel at vivid special effects, powerful magical spells, and mighty weaponry that you'll acquire on your journey
- Use your mouse as your sword-vanquish your foes, including demons, dragons, and other insidious creatures
Blitzkrieg is a tough-as-nails tower defence game from Loui Studios. Complete with a built-in level creator, so you can create and share levels with other players!
You must defend the motherland from invading convoys of tanks, cars, and jeeps while enemy aircraft bomb vital buildings. Utilise an arsenal of flamethrowers, high-explosive cannons, artillery, machine guns, missile launchers, AA turrets, pill-box bunkers, and experimental tesla weaponry to survive the blitzkrieg.
Each level is a tightly woven puzzle of turret placement, optimisation, and upgrades. Careful strategy is the key to your survival.
48. Delta Force — Black Hawk Down: Team Sabre
Delta Force — Black Hawk Down: Team Sabre is the official expansion pack to the #1 best selling PC game in North America. Team Sabre was developed using the Delta Force — Black Hawk Down engine and it requires the mother product to run.
The game is a military-based shooter but the missions are fictitious and not based on any actual real events. The expansion follows the Team Sabre Squadron as they are deployed to take out targets and carry out mission objectives in two separate single player campaigns (*approximately 5 missions each) that take place in Columbia and Iran. The multiplayer feature boasts 30 new maps and an enhanced level of mod support for players to build their own unique maps.
The highlight of this expansion pack is that it features lush jungle terrain, never seen before to this extent in a Delta Force game. This also adds an exciting element to gameplay in both the single and multiplayer game.
*features subject to change
- 2 all new single player campaigns that take place in treacherous South American jungle terrain and across islands in the Persian Gulf.
- New Weapons & Vehicles: Select from 24 weapons to achieve your mission objectives, including 3 new to the series, the H&K G3A3, H&K G36E and the H&K PSG1 Sniper Rifle. New modes of transport include the MH-53M PaveLow IV helicopter and the RHIB Rigid Hull Inflatable Boat.
- Free unrivaled multiplayer mayhem — up to 64 players via NovaWorld and up to 50 players on a LAN (tbd).
- 30 new multiplayer maps.
- Uses an enhanced version of the Delta Force — Black Hawk Down engine with mod-support features for building unique multiplayer battlefields.
- A portion of the proceeds will be donated to the Warrior Foundation
Categories in common with Delta Force — Black Hawk Down: Team Sabre: Action
Too fast, too furious and packed full of action – are you ready for the rocket-powered world of Cloudbuilt?
A game of speed, precision and freedom, use all the abilities of your rocket-powered suit to avoid fatal hazards, dodge hostile robots and reach not just the finish line, but the top of the worldwide leaderboards. Carve your own path through a multitude of mysterious floating ruins high above the clouds and show everyone you're the best!
Now with Steamworks Level Editor tools! Will you create the greatest Cloudbuilt community level ever?
- Parkour-style platforming combines with action-packed gunplay as you race against the clock to complete each stage
- Open level design allows you to carve your own route through any stage, then refine it to get the fastest time possible
- Make your mark on the global leader boards – find new shortcuts and climb as high as you can!
- Create your own Cloudbuilt stages with the Level Editor and upload them to Steamworks or download levels made by others.
(Please note: Use of level-building assets from Defiance DLC pack requires ownership of Defiance DLC. Minimum specs of Cloudbuilt are slightly higher than shown for those wishing to use the Level Editor tools)
50. Eon Altar
A Mobile-Enhanced Local Co-op RPG for 1-4 Players
Explore the lavish dungeons and tunnels that stretch below Tarnum Fortress and conquer dozens of unique quests and challenges. Prove your worth on a tactical battlefield, and overpower your foes with strategy, magic and martial prowess. The Eon Altar’s defenders are many and they are deadly.
Choose to cooperate with your allies or deceive them. Engage them in player to player dialogue to expose the truth in myths and legends, and guide your hero to their ultimate destiny or defeat.Your smartphone is your character
- Receive personalized secret thoughts from your character direct to your smartphone
- Choose whether to share personal information with your friends or use it against them
- Upgrade and manage your character without interrupting other players
- Control the action from your smartphone with context sensitive information
- Connect your mobile devices to a central platform to coordinate tactics and movement
- Play together with up to three friends, or play by yourself in solo mode
- Work with your friends, or betray them as you race to fulfill your destiny
- Defeat legendary enemies in exciting tactical turn-based combat
- Experience an epic quest in nine episodic installments filled with action and surprise
- Explore a deep, compelling, and original sword-and-sorcery fantasy world
- Interact with enemies, allies, and your friends by acting out your character's lines
- Make impactful choices and forge your own destiny
- Gorgeous art and atmospheric environments
- Intricate, ancient, and original fantasy setting
- NPCs are fully voice acted, but you voice your own character
- Epic soundtrack by composer Tom Salta, known for his work on the Halo series
An ancient, malevolent presence stirs within the depths of the Eon Altar, and only a small band of heroes can stop it from consuming the world. What mysterious force brought you here together? Are you strong enough to stand up to your gods?