The best games like Cannon Fodder are:
- arrow_rightHotline Miami
- arrow_rightWarlock - Master of the Arcane
- arrow_rightSuper Bomberman R
- arrow_rightSparkle 2
- arrow_rightBattle for Wesnoth
- arrow_rightFreedom Force vs. the Third Reich
100 Best Games Like Cannon Fodder:
Filter by Platform Select a Platformarrow_drop_down
- PC (100)
- Xbox One (13)
- PlayStation 4 (17)
- iOS (38)
- Android (20)
- macOS (84)
- Linux (47)
- Nintendo Switch (20)
- Nintendo 3DS (15)
- Nintendo DS (6)
- Xbox 360 (5)
- PlayStation 3 (12)
- PlayStation 2 (6)
- PlayStation (12)
- PS Vita (10)
- PSP (9)
- Wii U (14)
- Wii (18)
- GameCube (3)
- Nintendo 64 (3)
- Game Boy Advance (11)
- Game Boy Color (4)
- Game Boy (4)
- SNES (14)
- NES (17)
- Classic Macintosh (11)
- Apple II (8)
- Commodore / Amiga (26)
- Atari 8-bit (5)
- Atari ST (15)
- Atari Lynx (1)
- Genesis (19)
- SEGA Saturn (1)
- SEGA CD (2)
- SEGA Master System (6)
- Dreamcast (4)
- Game Gear (3)
1. Hotline Miami
Several chapters of top-down shooter action, Hotline Miami is a violent game, where the player takes control of the unnamed man, that receives orders to clear out stages from bandits and mobsters, using every weapon he can get. Over the course of the game, the player will be able to collect the masks that provide buffs and abilities. Fluid and tight combat includes various melee and ranged weapons, that can be used as intended or just thrown at the enemy. Once Jacket, dubbed so for his distinct letterman jacket by fans, arrives at the mission, players will have to clear out every floor from the enemies, using rooms and doors for cover or ambushes. As the story moves on, Jackets mental health will visibly deteriorate, and he will be shown to suffer from hallucinations, which is in tone with acid 80’s theme.
2. Warlock - Master of the Arcane
Welcome to the World of Ardania, the famous part of Majesty series. You play as Grand Mage that aims to build a powerful empire. The player is granted the ability to command armies, user magic on the battlefield and claim the title of one and only ruler of the Ardania.
Warlock - Master of the Arcane -- is a take on a turn-based 4X grand strategy game that uses fantasy setting as one of its main gimmicks. Research and use many of the game’s spells and their combinations, conjure powerful enchantments and annihilate your enemy. The gameplay mimics Master of Magic that was released back in the 90s. The player can claim victory by killing all virtual opponents in the battles, by completing the Unification ritual, or by just killing one of the eight gods’ of Ardania Avatar. The choice is yours!
There are a total of 5 DLC available for the game. They feature new races, modes, city buildings, and stories to enhance the gameplay even more.
Categories in common with Warlock - Master of the Arcane: Strategy
4. Sparkle 2
A long time ago five enchanted keys were created. The keys were scattered around the lands, and they still remain undiscovered. Many have come to find them, and so far all have failed. Will you find the keys and unlock the secrets, or will you join the endless ranks of souls forever trapped within these lands?
Sparkle 2 is the long-awaited sequel to the award-winning hit game Sparkle enjoyed by millions of players since 2007. Sparkle 2 is an independent sequel and a spiritual successor to the first installment suitable for both new and existing fans of the series.Features
- Experience premium action puzzle gaming
- Admire state of the art special effects
- Explore four game modes: Story, Survival, Challenge, and Cataclysm
- Discover over 90 unique levels throughout the story
- Supercharge your Slinger with over 200 combinations of 16 different Enchantments
- Find exciting locations and delve deep into the mystery
- Immerse yourself in a story narrated with professional voice overs
- Enjoy the soundtrack by the award-winning composer Jonathan Geer
5. Battle for Wesnoth
The Battle for Wesnoth is an open source, turn-based strategy game with a high fantasy theme. From the plains of Weldyn to the forests of Wesmere, from the mines of Knalga to the soaring peaks of the Heart Mountains, take part in over a dozen adventures spanning centuries! Play as a young prince as he flees the encroaching forces of the Lich Lords to a new home across the sea... Delve into the blackest depths of the earth to craft a jewel of fire itself... Travel the continent in a daring quest to reclaim your rightful throne from a usurping queen... Step into the shoes of a young mage, his village beset by orcish invasion, as he seeks vengeance and immortality... Battle the undead hordes of a foul necromancer as he marches upon your capital... Lead a daring group of survivors across the blazing sands to a final confrontation with an unseen evil... The choice is up to you.
Then take the battle online! Choose from seven fully-balanced factions and duke it out with your friends in over 50 multiplayer maps for parties of all sizes!
Explore hundreds of creative community-made campaigns, maps, and factions for both single and multiplayer, and try your hand at crafting your own! Wesnoth features a built-in map editor, a highly moddable engine, a simple and intuitive scripting language, and a friendly and dedicated modding community. There's no telling what adventures you'll bring to life!
6. Freedom Force vs. the Third Reich
Freedom is threatened yet again and only Minute Man and his heroic Freedom Force can save the day in the follow up to one of the most critically acclaimed games of 2002.
Freedom Force vs. the Third Reich brings dynamic storytelling, fast-paced tactical role-play, and larger-than-life characters from the comic book pages to the computer screen. In this title, the league of heroes must travel back in time to defeat Blitzkrieg, defender of the Reich and his homicidal henchmen. With action spanning from the blasted battlefields of World War II to the dazzling depths of distant dimensions, Freedom Force vs. the Third Reich will give Freedom Fans more than they can handle.
Multiplayer available in LAN or Direct IP Only.
Gnomoria is a sandbox village management game where you help lead a small group of gnomes, who have set out on their own, to thrive into a bustling kingdom! Anything you see can be broken down and rebuilt elsewhere. Craft items, build structures, set traps and dig deep underground in search of precious resources to help your gnomes survive the harsh lands. Build your kingdom and stockpile wealth to attract wandering gnomads to your cause, but be wary of also attracting enemies!Key Features:
- Procedurally generated world - Every game is different
- Fully destructible environment - Everything can be mined, dug, chopped and rebuilt or used for crafting
- Open sandbox gameplay - Play how you want - manage a peaceful town or build up military and fend off invasions.
- Crafting - Tons of items to craft at different workshops
- Mechanisms - Construct elaborate contraptions using parts like hatches, levers, steam engines
Get a beautiful Princess’ hand in marriage!
Use various equipment and artifacts!
Dodge from enemies attack and jump over the spikes!
Enjoy pixel retro stylistics!
Have you already done this before? Do it again!
PLPA is a dynamic platformer with a combo system and special strikes, there is also a bit of rogue-lite genre. The principal aim is to get through all floors of the Dark Tower and outfight the main antagonist a Evil Mage. That’s not easy due to a instant death which is followed by a full castle structure regeneration.
First of all, success in the game depends on player’s skills, not on random. The player learns the game mechanics, operation of certain artifacts, items, skills and also behavior of enemies and bosses. The keynote of this gameplay is for a gamer to learn from mistakes and pump his own skills, but not only the protagonist’s ones.
-The main thing about the game is having fun! No farming and excessive complexity.A gamer will face lots of fun things, unusual situations, easter eggs and references to other games. Self-irony also takes place.
-The total generation of location structure, objects, artifacts, traps, enemies and bosses.
-12 characters, different in performance and equipment.
-Create equipment and pump it with stones, runes and enchantment.
-Hidden features and events.
-All of this and much more are seasoned by hurricane-like action with various strikes, skills and spells!
9. STAR WARS: Rebel Assault I + II
Star Wars™: Rebel Assault
Rebel Forces have won their first battle against the dark side... But the war has only just begun!
As Rookie One, you are thrust into a 3D galaxy far, far away to crush the evil Empire, once and for all. Take your T16 Skyhopper on a training run through Beggar's Canyon... Then dodge asteroids and blast TIE fighters in a deep space rumble... tackle a fleet of menacing AT-ATs on the icy tundra of Hoth... and ultimately annihilate Vader and the evil Empire with a kamikaze trench run on the infamous Death Star.
Star Wars™: Rebel Assault II: The Hidden Empire
The story opens in the vicinity of the Dreighton Nebula, where Rookie One is part of a Rebel scouting patrol. He's investigating disappearances of Rebel spacecraft near Dreighton, a region rich with mythology about vanishing spacecraft. Legends of the region go back to the days when early hyperspace travelers lost their bearings and disappeared in the currents, eddies, and storms of the nebula. During the Clone Wars, two opposing combat fleets, at the height of battle, were swallowed up by the Dreighton Nebula, leaving it as the battle's only true victor.
Featuring original, live-action Star Wars footage, Rebel Assault II: The Hidden Empire hosts a multitude of ground-breaking improvements, including intuitive and challenging arcade game play; fifteen land, sky and space missions; an original Star Wars story; full-Screen high-quality video; four skill levels from easy to hard; a digital John Williams Star Wars soundtrack; and authentic sound effects by Skywalker Sound.
- Pilot X-wings, B-wings, speeder bikes and the legendary Millenium Falcon.
- Battle stormtroopers, TIE fighters and a Super Star-Destroyer.
- Digitized cinematic sequences from the Star Wars trilogy with additional footage created exclusively for the game.
10. Invasion: Brain Craving
Congratulations! You, my friend, are one of the lucky few who were immune to the pathogen! Alas, your friends and family are now flesh-eating zombie-types, but try not to hold that against them. So, let's see what's behind door number 1! Zombies! Bad luck, chum! Try again!Features:
- Zombies AND JRPG Elements! What could be better?
- Randomly generated world with 729 combination possibilities!
- Random event seeds ensure no two play-throughs are the same!
- Survive in apocalyptic wasteland! Keep your stamina high and your team-mates healthy!
- Traditional side-view battle system!
- Plethora of recruitable characters!
- Steam Achievements!
- Steam Trading Cards!
It's the zombie-slaying survival game with JRPG elements you didn't know you wanted!
11. Ninja Gaiden II: The Dark Sword of Chaos (1990)
A year after the events of the original Ninja Gaiden, a new villain named Ashtar receives word of Jaquio's defeat. Ashtar uses this opportunity to hatch a new plan to plunge the world into darkness. The ninja, Ryu Hayabusa, hits the trail to destroy all manner of vile creatures entering the world while fighting his way to destroy Ashtar, his Dark Sword of Chaos, and whatever else is behind the evil.
Ninja Gaiden II: The Dark Sword of Chaos is a fast paced, side scrolling action game in the tradition of the original Ninja Gaiden game. Ryu is a ninja who can run, jump, and slash with his ninja sword. He can also attach to vertical walls and climb up and down, which is an ability missing in the previous game. Powerups are hidden everywhere throughout the levels. These powerups include fireballs and ninja stars as before; a unique new powerup is the ninja shadow. Ryu can collect up to 2 ninja shadows that follow his every movement and use the same weapons at the same time that Ryu strikes.
Ninja Gaiden II tells its story through liberal use of cinematic scenes interspersed between the action levels. Different levels feature a variety of environmental interaction; e.g., one level has Ryu on a high mountain where snow is falling fast and the wind is blowing hard. The shifting direction of the snowfall indicates how the wind is blowing and Ryu has to fight against the breeze. In a night level, much of the environment is dark and is illuminated only sporadically by flashes of lightning.
12. Cannon Fodder 2
Welcome to Cannon Fodder 2. The hapless soldiers from the first game have been kidnapped by damn, dirty aliens, to see if they can save their own world from invasion. These aliens possess a time machine capable of transporting our not-quite-valiant troops to any period in human history, and they’re going to use it to test the chaps’ abilities in battle. Fortunately, for our boys in uniform, there’s an alien who sympathizes with their plight. He doesn’t agree with how the soldiers are treated and ensures that the ammo is plentiful. Only through the sheer will to live while remaining unventilated can our soldiers survive the grueling 72 stages and return to their own time, in one piece, mind you. Through five different time zones, they’ve got to battle against increasingly remote odds and kick their kidnapper’s butts. Only then can they retire to a place where the sun’s always shining and they serve drinks with those little umbrellas in them.
Guide your stalwart troopers through time as they try to get through this war intact. Blending a perfect mix of action and small-scale strategy, Cannon Fodder 2 is simple yet very, very addictive. Capture vehicles such as the Choppa, the Jeep, and the Tank. Man any turrets you find while on the field of battle and turn the enemy’s weapons against them. Will you bring our boys back home? War and time travel have never been so much fun! Quick and furtive shooting action across a dangerous battlefield! Easy to learn, difficult to master gameplay will ensure that you’ll always have a challenge!
13. Earth 2140
The year is 2140. After numerous wars and several environmental disasters, only two world powers remain; the United Civilized States (»UCS«), covering the American continent, Western Europe and North Africa, and the Eurasian Dynasty (»ED«) covering the coherent landmasses of Eastern Europe and Asia. The damage caused by the long wars led both world powers to evacuate the population to recently built underground cities.
Australia and most parts of Africa were sacrificed during the long wars, which lasted several decades. Highly toxic biological and chemical weapons were developed on these continents, leaving them so badly contaminated, that no human life can survive there. Not even the use of robots and machines is possible. The general opinion was that these continents would forever remain uninhabitable, and they were wiped from every map. Most of the world's population forgot that this land ever existed.
Natural resources are becoming scarce and have to be extracted above ground. There have been a number of small conflicts between the UCS and the ED, the last of which escalated and became a fierce and bitter war - the final world war. Only one side can win. This final war will decide who will get the last of the available natural resources and ultimately rule the world.
EARTH 2140 is a real time strategy game involving the high tech warfare of the 22nd century. More than 50 exciting missions, an unprecedented AI, more than 100 ground units, mechs, flying units and ships, strategic orders like formations, escorts and others make Earth 2140 a high class product.
This version of Earth 2140 supports resolutions up to full HD and contains both Mission Packs (Mission Pack 1 and Mission Pack 2).
14. Battle Worlds: Kronos
Battle Isle, Advance Wars and Panzer General. Have you ever wondered what games like that would look like today? Well, we did. As a result, we decided to develope Battle Worlds: Kronos.Key Features:
- Two Single Player Campaigns (~50 hours of gameplay)
- Single Player Challenge Maps - Test your skills in different combat scenarios and keep track of your progress.
- Live Multiplayer - Battle your friends live on the internet (cross-platform) or via hot-seat.
- Asynchronous Multiplayer - Take all the time you need and consider your moves. Similar to "play-by-mail", your round is stored on our server and turned over to your opponent. The system allows you to continue the match anytime and anywhere you want (cross-platform).
- Online Features - Leagues, chat and - in early 2014 - tournaments.
- Strong AI - A clever AI that will challenge even experienced commanders.
- Map Editor - A powerful editor to create your own maps and missions (Windows only).
- Includes "Trains" DLC - Additional ~15 hours campaign, new units and new multiplayer maps
Categories in common with Battle Worlds: Kronos: Strategy
15. Master of Magic
The Voodoo Priestess has called upon undead warriors. The Chaos
Master is summoning a doom drake. Cities are being consumed by
the plague. What are you going to do?
Play your role in this clash between wizards, command your troops
and conquer other countries, destroy all who stand in your way or
be the first who casts the legendary Spell of Mastery!
This is an epic adventure you cannot miss!Enduring replayability due to its randomness and extremely diverse magic and summoning system
Explore, expand, exploit, and exterminate - 4X in a Fantasy setting
An excellent combination of strategy and RPG elements
Categories in common with Master of Magic: Strategy
16. Little King's Story
Once upon a time, in a small, unremarkable village, there was a timid little boy who didn't have any friends. One day, while playing alone in his bedroom, he was rudely interrupted by a family of dirty rats. Chasing them out of his room, the little boy suddenly found himself lost in a vast, mysterious forest, where he happened upon a magical crown that imbued him with the power to command. The little boy -- with his newfound companions Liam, Verde, and Howser the Bull Knight at his side -- has (rather surprisingly) become the leader of the small, down-on-its-luck kingdom of Alpoko.
With his newfound powers of persuasion, the little boy began working to raise Alpoko from the depths of obscurity and poverty into the dizzying heights of absolute power and prosperity. With Howser offering effective advice and unrestrained ambition, and the citizens of Alpoko sharing his grandiose plans (whether they want to or not), the little boy marches ever onward to his ultimate goal of World Domination!
Initially released for Wii to rave reviews, this cult classic real-time strategy game juxtaposes cutesy fairytale visuals with some decidedly adult cynicism for a zany, irreverent adventure to build, enhance, and maintain a mystical, magical kingdom. Making its way to PC for the first time, this edition of the game remains faithful to the Wii original, but brings all its charming, sassy fun to a new audience. Can you keep Alpoko safe from the Onii and help our little hero become king of the whole world?Key Features:
- Play an enhanced HD port of the fan-favorite Wii version of the game, with all the original storybook-style art, content, and gameplay present and accounted for.
- Play in English, French, Italian, German, or Spanish, to ensure that most of the Western world can understand your claim over their land (Note: Game also contains Japanese text, but in order for the Japanese text to display properly the Windows OS must be set to Japanese).
- Have your loyal subjects dig for treasure, erect buildings, and break obstacles to access new areas -- all in the name of bettering your kingdom.
- Interact with unique NPCs who have individual likes, dislikes, and personal memories which evolve based on their daily experiences.
- Take a variety of quests to help increase your reputation and further the noble name of Alpoko.
- Unite the surrounding rival kingdoms under your flag to become the best monarch in all the land (and ultimately, the one who rules over all the land!).
17. Fort Defense
All hands on deck! Pirate armada dead ahead!
Take part in an uncompromising struggle repelling freebooters' assaults. Watch out, the enemy may catch the tide for ruining your fortress. Build towers, collect crystals, upgrade spells and believe in your victory!
Welcome to the unique pirate style Tower Defence. Now the battle rages on by land and by sea!
Two worlds, more than 40 levels, unique ships, menacing bosses and powerful spells - all this will deepen you into the game.
1. To arms! Pirate armada dead ahead!
2. Engage in incredible sea battles!
3. Master the tactics of magic and arms!
4. Defeat powerful and scary bosses!
5. Download! Load! Sink'em all!
- 40 different progressively challenging levels
- 2 unique game settings
- 12 kinds of creatures
- 12 kinds of towers and structures
- Extensive magic system
- In-game store, for various upgrades.
- Fascinating gameplay
18. Conquest of the New World
Conquest of the New World puts you in control of a native civilization or an expeditionary force from one of five European countries. Compete against other players in the hopes of establishing control of the New World during the sixteenth century. Not a game that simulates the actual discovery and colonization of the Americas, Conquest of the New World is generated at the beginning of each game and each New World (and game) is therefore unique.
Your job is to explore the New World, establish thriving colonies, produce and trade goods and eliminate your enemies or defend your claims from your opponents. Each player sets his own objectives for each game. For some players, winning the game may primarily involve finding lots of new landmarks in the New World and establishing many colonies.
The Deluxe Edition adds several new features to the game. Primarily it adds the option to create and play scenarios and customize the world. In addition, nations now have different bonuses, several special resources and discoveries have been added and you can form trade alliances with other nations.
- Interesting gameplay featuring exploration, management and combat
- Infinite replayability on customizable, computer-generated worlds
- Discovering the uncharted during the Age of Exploration era
Categories in common with Conquest of the New World: Strategy
19. Bloo Kid 2
Bloo Kid 2 is a classic 2D retro-style platformer experience with lovely designed pixel-graphics and a full chiptune soundtrack. Run, jump and swim your way through five huge worlds with twelve levels each. Master brutal bossfights and discover lots of secrets in the world of Bloo Kid 2.
After rescuing his girlfriend from the hands of the evil wizard, Bloo Kid and Pink Girl enjoy life with their newborn "Pink Kid". But then, a whole new adventure starts just out of the bloo...
Originally released as a mobile game, Bloo Kid 2 now makes it's way to the world of Desktop Gaming. The STEAM version includes 15 challenging bonus levels that can be unlocked ingame when you have collected enough stars.
Bloo Kid 2 features:
- five worlds with twelve levels each
- handcrafted, colorful pixel-graphics
- a full chiptune soundtrack
- epic boss battles
- tons of secrets
Soldat is a unique 2D (side-view) multiplayer action game. It has been influenced by the best of games such as Liero, Worms, Quake, and Counter-Strike and provides a fast-paced gaming experience with tons of blood and flesh. Soldiers fight against each other in 2D battle arenas using a deadly arsenal of military weapons, across 7 default game modes. It features 18 different weapons and 60 maps to frag away on, with full support for user created content.
21. Zombie Tsunami
The zombies are revolting ! Attack the city with a horde of zombies, change pedestrians into zombies and create the largest horde.
Eat your friends, and challenge them to a crazy race by destroying everything in your path.
Zombie Tsunami has proudly exceeded 200 million players around the world.
- "One touch" gameplay to control the entire hord
- 10 delirious bonuses, ninjas, dragons, UFOs, and many more
- Many upgrades to unlock
- Raise zombie birds and use their powers
- More than 300 missions to devour
- 11 sets to travel in
- Optimized for all models of iPhone, iPod touch and iPad.
4.5/5 TouchArcade - "Zombie Tsunami is a game you really need to own"
5/5 AppSmile - "Featuring Pixar-like graphics, simple controls, and plenty of content"
5/5 TouchGen.net - "If you’re looking for a fantastic game, look no further!"
4.5/5 148Apps - "It’s fun madness, emphasis on fun."
5/5 iReviewT.com - "Revolutionary endless runner formula!"
5/5 AppSpy.com - "Zombie Tsunami carves its own path with a great claymation style and roaming hordes of the walking, and jumping dead"
Why not try our other games: EDGE, Cross Fingers, Perfect Cell, Truckers Delight.
Follow us on twitter.com/Mobigame
Visit us at http://www.mobigame.net
22. Driftland: The Magic Revival
After a devastating war between the mightiest of ancient mages, Driftland has become a shattered planet, held together by a powerful spell. In the face of the destruction of an entire civilization and life on the planet, warring parties decided to call a truce and tried to repair the damage. For that, however, was already too late. Using all the remaining magic resources to cast a powerful spell, they managed to keep their world in a relative balance.
Many dark ages have passed, but when all seemed lost, a spark of hope shined once again: new sources of magic appeared and the whole planet began to give birth to new mages. Now, the rediscovered power can either restore Driftland to its former glory or devastate what's left of the planet, when the old conflict inevitably returns.
You take the role of a Mage Overlord with your own castle, tower, and a small realm on one of the islands. With your unique powers, you can explore a procedurally generated world and connect floating islands, expand your increasing kingdom.
Gameplay focuses on setting general goals for all the units, without the need for micromanaging each one of them. Under your command, warriors, archers and mages are able to tame and ride different types of flying beasts, creating various aerial units.
- procedurally generated world
- resources and magic based economy
- move and terraform scattered islands by magic
- tame and ride dragons and other creatures
- explore and fight on the same map
- set goals instead of directly control units
- single player campaign and multiplayer
Deathsmiles’s developer, CAVE Co., Ltd., is the powerhouse behind revered bullet-hell shooters such as Mushihimesama, DoDonPachi, Espgaluda, and many more!
- Horizontally scrolling bullet-hell madness across six different game modes including Mega Black Label mode.
- Spooky good fun! Battle ghosts, demons, man-eating plants, and even giant cattle in this gothic horror-themed adventure.
- Five playable angels to choose from, each with her own faithful familiar.
- Supports two-player local cooperative play. Banish the forces of Hell together!
- Reap what you sow with the challenging and powerful Counter system.
- Freely choose your path and difficulty with nonlinear progression between a variety of macabre stages.
24. Planar Conquest
Planar Conquest is a 4X turn-based strategy game inspired by Master of Magic. Created to give you that awesome feeling of the gameplay of the past, wrapped into modern look. “eXplore, eXpand, eXploit, and eXterminate” are the four words which are here to provide fun and challenge.
Customize your character and become all powerful Sorcerer Lord to rule the empire or choose a pre-generated character. Select from 13 spell circles that will determine which of the over 300 spells your lord can learn. Choose from over 40 disciplines that give your lord specific advantages or disadvantages, and will allow you to adjust your character to your gameplay style. Magic, military, diplomacy and economy can be harnessed to serve you.
Seven procedurally generated Planes of Existence all with their own special features, that can be customized with the shape, landmasses and size even up to 128x128 tiles. Over 40 types of locations that can be examined in search of various loot and fight with the guardians that protect those.
Over 40 different kinds of buildings to improve your settlements, over 150 unique military units to recruit and magical creatures to summon among with possibility to found new settlements to increase your empire's power and conquering neutral and enemy cities to extend your borders gives long hours of gameplay.
- Use diplomacy to get an edge over your enemies.
- Play out combat on a tactical battle board.
- Hire heroes and equip them with magical weapons and armor.
- Recruit unique and powerful Titans and make them to follow your orders!
- Gain experience and make units more powerful as they achieve victory after victory.
- Use tactical, strategic, and global spells to destroy your enemies.
25. Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon - Da Orks
The year is 941.M41, and a massive Space Hulk appears in the Armageddon star system. It is believed uninhabited, and the citizens of Armageddon wonder what riches they will discover when salvage companies survey it. Little do they know that a huge Ork invasion force is hidden within, ready to bring death and destruction upon the unsuspecting Imperial world... The fate of Armageddon hangs in the balance, and your actions will determine the outcome.
As Ghazghkull Thraka's most trusted Nob, take command of the Ork hordes and unleash the greatest WAAAGH! in history upon the imperial world of Armageddon. Prove once again that “humies is all weak scum that deserve ta get stomped”. Make sure that even the Space Marines will not save the day, against the great green tide.
Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon - Da Orks is the second installment in the series of wargames about the wars for Armageddon, one of the most iconic conflicts in Warhammer 40,000 universe. In this hex-based, turn-based strategy game, players will lead the Orks against the Imperial forces of the Armageddon Steel Legion and Space Marines from a variety of Chapters, under a scorching sun, through hostile ash wastes, and in the shadows of gigantic Hive Cities.
The game features an engaging dynamic campaign which can end with the historic defeat or an epic victory. While advancing through the campaign, the player will have the ability to carry over battle-hardened veterans from scenario to scenario, using their experience and upgrading their equipment.
Multiplayer battles can be played on a variety of predesigned or skirmish maps, on PC or iPad, using Slitherine's award-winning PBEM2++ system. Players can choose any of the five available factions: Steel Legion, the Orks, Ultramarines, Salamanders and Blood Angels, with a huge variety of units available to each faction.
On top all this extensive modding options are available through a powerful and easy-to-use game editor.
- Large campaign divided into 3 acts and 18 separate scenarios, portraying the Second War for Armageddon from the Orks perspective. Any scenario can also be played individually.
- A bonus tutorial campaign showing Ghazghkull Thraka's rise to power.
- Fight alongside Ghazghkull Thraka, Mad Dok Grotsnik and other voiced legends of the war.
- Carry over battle-hardened veterans from scenario to scenario, using their experience and upgrading their equipment and weaponry.
- Detailed combat model with 20 different units stats, custom terrain, cover and morale effects.
- Fight through hostile ash wastes, treacherous volcanic canyons, acid polluted rivers, dense jungles, the outside and inside of massive Hive cities.
- 400+ unit types divided into 7 classes, representing the Orks, Armageddon Steel Legion, Blood Angels, Ultramarines and Salamanders and even gigantic Gargants and Titans!
- 200+ weapons, each with their unique stats and graphical effects, with up to 3 different weapon systems per unit
- 10 hand crafted Multiplayer maps, and infinite replay in multiplayer skirmish mode.
- Powerful and easy-to-use game editor
26. Earth 2140 Trilogy
The year is 2140. After numerous wars and several environmental disasters, only two world powers remain; the United Civilized States (UCS) covering the American continent, Western Europe and North Africa, and the Eurasian Dynasty (ED) covering the coherent landmasses of Eastern Europe and Asia.
The damage caused by the long wars led both world powers to evacuate the population to recently built underground cities. Australia and most parts of Africa were sacrificed during the long wars, which lasted several decades. Highly toxic biological and chemical weapons were developed on these continents, leaving them so badly contaminated, that no human life can survive there. Most of the world's population forgot that this land ever existed.
Conflicts between UCS and the ED escalated and became the final world war. This war will decide who will get the last of the available natural resources and ultimately rule the world.
Multiplayer notice: Although the game contains "net" and "serial" buttons, actual multiplayer functionality was never implemented by the game developers.The Trilogy includes the original Earth 2140 campaign along with Mission Pack 1 and Final Conflict Mission Pack The unique Virtual General feature that takes over the minutiae of commanding your army Futuristic warfare in a post-apocalyptic setting
Categories in common with Earth 2140 Trilogy: Strategy
27. Major Stryker
Major Stryker is the first Apogee game with "triple-parallax scrolling", adding to the illusion of depth and danger. Your mission is to pilot a high-powered, armored space ship through dozens of stunning scenarios, such as space stations, lava caves and alien cities.Features
Rocket-Powered Processing: EGA high-speed animated graphics (VGA compatible) and awesome cinematic sequences.
Bounty Hunter: Bonuses and secrets to discover.
Save Your Game: Save and restore up to 10 games.
Controller Support: Partial Xbox 360 Controller support.
Categories in common with Major Stryker: Action
28. Mega Lo Mania
Mega lo Mania is a real-time strategy computer game developed by Sensible Software. It was released for the Amiga in 1991, and ported for a variety of other platforms. It was released as Tyrants: Fight Through Time in North America and Mega-Lo-Mania: Jikū Daisenryaku (メガロマニア時空大戦略) in Japan.
Categories in common with Mega Lo Mania: Strategy
29. Army Men II
Army Men II, the sequel to the best-selling title Army Men, takes plastic toy soldier warfare into the kitchen, bedroom, front yard, and garage. Once again Sarge will lead his heroic Green forces into head-melting, plastic-body-part-exploding, combat mayhem; only this time the battle is for control of the kitchen sink!
- Crazy weapons: magnifying glasses and spray cans complement your traditional arsenal.
- Plastic warfare's finest hour: nothing's as fun as melting Tan troops into puddles of plastic!
- The kitchen campaigns: toy soldier warfare moves to the kitchen, bedroom, front yard, and garage!
30. ClaDun x2
Cladun X2 is a hack n' slash dungeon crawler with a retro RPG finish and a nearly infinite level of character customization. From stats to equipment to character classes to creating your own hero, Cladun X2 promises an addicting experience that gamers new and old will fully enjoy.
- Randomly generated dungeon maps
- Fully customizable characters using an in-game paint app
- Classic platformer-style action RPG
RoboWarrior, known in Japan as Bomber King (ボンバーキング, Bonbā Kingu), is an English language action/puzzle video game developed by Hudson Soft, and co-developed by Aicom, making it their first NES game they worked on, and published by Jaleco for the Nintendo Entertainment System and the MSX.
32. Space Age: A Cosmic Adventure
Space Age is a game of cosmic adventure. Set in the retro-futuristic sci-fi world of 1976, it follows a small but determined band of intergalactic explorers who land on a seemingly uninhabited planet, Kepler-16. They soon discover there’s something both strange and familiar about this alien place… And what happens next is a clash of old and new, a battle of past mistakes and future fallout.
“Presented through gorgeous pixel graphics straight out of an adventure game from 20-30 years ago. There's not much else like it out there.”
Space Age is a graphic adventure in the vein of 1990s classics, reimagined for the new millennium and its amazing mobile devices. Told in grand cinematic style, orchestrally scored, filled with drama, humor, and nostalgia, Space Age is a golden-age science-fiction story come to immersive life.
"The game looks gorgeous, the atmospheric soundtrack is delightful, and there is a ton of stuff to love about the gameplay and story of Space Age."
“Its expertly-judged nostalgia sees game ideas and aesthetics of the past blended masterfully within a fun, genuinely witty story.”
— Pocket Gamer
What can you expect from Space Age? Why, no less than:
• Many hours of challenging gameplay
• Multiple characters, controlled individually and in small groups
• Tactical maneuvering and strategic planning
• Varied environments and storylines
• Puzzles, mysteries, challenges
• Dialogue, inventory, sneaking. Just like the good old days.
• Action, fun, and… romance.
"I could ramble on about Space Age, but instead I'm just going to end things here and tell you to go download the game."
Space Age is a game to fall in love with.
33. N2O: Nitrous Oxide
N2O: Nitrous Oxide's gameplay is pure shooter, reminiscent of the arcade classic TEMPEST. You're stuck on the perimeter of a tube and you job is to shoot at everything in your way. If things get too hectic, you can slam on the brakes, which stops your forward movement for a few seconds and gives you time to change your direction or clear a path. Once you've destroyed all the level's eggs, your next task is to take on the game's huge bosses. Graphically, the game is very bright and colorful and definitely exhibits a techno influence. The soundtrack is done by the techno group Crystal Method, who supply some remixes as well as older tracks, which helps put you in the groove.
34. Wild Metal Country
Wild Metal Country is an action-arcade game developed by DMA Design. It came out on 01-01-1999. Infogrames Entertainment published the game. The game is rated as "Recommended" on RAWG.
You can play Wild Metal Country on Dreamcast and PC.
It was produced by Chris Stamp. It was directed by Jim Woods. It was scored by Craig Conner.
35. SNK 40th ANNIVERSARY COLLECTION
2018 marks the 40th anniversary of legendary studio SNK! To celebrate
this extraordinary milestone, a variety of classic arcade games from
SNK's golden age are coming back together in one anthology on Nintendo
Switch™. SNK 40th ANNIVERSARY COLLECTION is packed full of retro games
and a treasure trove of features!
36. Raptor: Call of The Shadows - 2015 Edition
Raptor: Call of The Shadows is a 2D vertical shoot ’em up originally released on MS-DOS in 1994.
Fight as a mercenary in a futuristic world and try your best to defeat the MegaCorps competitors. Use your super-tech Raptor, considered as the future’s most awesome warplane, and face hordes of relentless enemies on ground, air and sea through a total of 27 missions!
Over missions you will earn credits, you will discover bonus or secrets, which will allow you to buy new weapons, shields and bombs to improve your ship.
• Growing difficulty
• Upgradeable ship
• A considerable arsenal of weapons and explosives!
• A pulse-pouding soundtrack
• Achievements to unlock (exclusive to the 2015 version)
Raptor is the most action-crazed, guns blazing, shoot ‘em up game you’ve ever played!
Categories in common with Raptor: Call of The Shadows - 2015 Edition: Action
37. BC Kings
BC Kings features several new elements not commonly found in strategy games. In addition to gathering resources, training an army and defeating the enemy, you will have to solve adventure and role-playing elements as well.
The campaign is built around the epic story of the brave hero Mradin, and his trusty old friend Giesnik. As you complete the main objectives, you'll run across several side-quests where you can earn Shell-coins that can be spent on upgrading your main characters. Along the way to victory you'll figure out the biggest mysteries of all time, like the purpose of Stonehenge and the mystery of the Yeti, and much more...
- Story driven campaign with side quests and adventure elements
- 63 unique units
- 32 unique buildings
- 84 technologies to research
- 8 devastating magic spells
Categories in common with BC Kings: Strategy
38. MoonBase Commander
Explore. Strategize. Conquer.
In the far future, Mankind has nearly exhausted all of earth’s natural resources. Fragile alliances between nations are tested to their limits as fierce wars ignite across land and space.
MoonBase Commander puts you in charge of your own lunar territory in a quest to build the most powerful empire in space. Find, exploit and utilize valuable energy pools to eliminate rival factions. Choose the best strategies to accomplish your goals by using weapons, surveillance or shields to fortify your defenses.
MoonBase Commander is a simple to learn but difficult to master turn-based strategy game. Featuring multiple and unique opposing factions, bright graphics, a tight narrative and a variety of customizable terrains. Battle against the challenging AI or your friends via LAN multiplayer.Key Features
- One of the purest and most engrossing classic sci-fi games of all time. Simple rules, endless strategies.
- A bitter battle for territory with a perfect blend of skill and turn based strategy.
- Set your own challenge level in a fully customizable skirmish mode.
- Take on your friends on in the ultimate multiplayer LAN battle.
- Customize your battlefields with the built-in map editor.
Note: Multiplayer available via LAN only.
Note: Click "View the quick reference" link for further installation information.
Categories in common with MoonBase Commander: Strategy
39. Crash Dummy
Founded in 2003 by an Industry Veteran, Giuseppe Crugliano, Twelve Games has established itself as one of Europe’s leading games development studios. The company has developed games for a wide selection of gaming platforms, including Nintendo Wii, PS Vita, PC, iOS and Android Devices.
40. Stardust Galaxy Warriors: Stellar Climax
Stardust Galaxy Warriors: Stellar Climax is an engaging 1-4 player couch co-op action shooter game, combining SHMUP and Brawler-like gameplay with light RPG elements. Choose from different game modes, gameplay settings, mechs, weapons and upgrades to customize your experience freely. Soar through space, defeat evil and save the future... from itself!
- Local co-op for up to 4 players
- 5 badass player characters, with their distinct special abilities and superweapons
- A vast arsenal of primary and secondary weapons
- An extensive and customizable list of game settings; play the way you want
- A light touch of RPG-mechanics, just for fun
- A 10-level campaign with a tongue-in-cheek story to tie it together
- Endless Gauntlet-mode that gets progressively harder as you play
- Challenge mode with five predefined challenges
- An amazing, album-length soundtrack (DLC)
- A disco ball
- A character named Gundula von Übelvamp
- No shocking plot twists in the end, like totally
- You can always trust bullet points
THE YEAR 2087 NEEDS US
You are the new Galactic Police Force, restoring peace and order to the universe. Up to four-player adventures await! Jump in your Galaxy Gear Mech and become the space warrior that saves the future. It's now or never.
CREATE THE RULES
Go with the default rulesets, or tune the gameplay settings to your liking. Adjust health and shield amounts, fire rates, drop rates, hitbox sizes or turn friendly fire on for a frantic, dangerous experience. Choose the way you play from relaxed star rides to maddening bullet-hells!
FIVE MECHS FOR DELIVERING GALACTIC JUSTICE
- Choose from five unique, badass mechs, each coming with its own special abilities.
- Blue Falcon, the Sniper, uses spears and missile barrages to kill his opposition from afar.
- Red Tiger, the Berserker, goes hog wild with frenzied claw attacks and time altering abilities.
- Silver Wolf, the Dasher, charges from place to place exploding enemies into pieces with his bombs.
- Black Bear, the Reflector, uses shields to make her allies invulnerable and her enemies die to their own bullets.
- Amber Fox, the Nullifier, sucks in enemy fire only to return it to them tenfold and stabilizes the playing field.
A SPRAWLING GALAXY
Blast evil left and right. The campaign game mode takes you to a perilous journey through space. From the depths of oceans, through alien hives and haunted factories to the outer limits of hyperspace. Explore the galaxy and its beautiful space scenery while destroying the evil.
GALACTIC WEAPON ARSENAL
Equip yourself with a combination of primary and secondary weapons, ranging from pulse rifles, chain guns and rail guns to rockets, shotguns and space flamethrowers! Up to 49 unique weapon combinations in addition to different upgrades and power-ups help you on the way.
GREETINGS FROM THE 90's
Synth samples of yesterday are your allies in the struggle for tomorrow. Hypermelodic soundtrack is here to match your galactic operations!
41. Black Moon Chronicles
Wishmerill, a half-elf on a quest for power in a medieval world, is ready to grant you his experience and powers.
Side with one of the kingdom's four factions (Light, Black Moon, Empire or Justice) and fight to restore balance among the people and prevent the Empire's destruction... or alternatively choose to destroy it.
the Kingdom's Fate Lies In Your hands!SYNOPSIS:
the Kingdom Is In Danger!
Evil archmage Haazheela Thorn has raised a formidable army of orcs and demons in his bid to secure world domination.
Playing as Wishmerill, an intrepid war hero with a devil-may-care attitude and dreams of riches and glory, you will need to choose your faction to determine the kingdom's fate.
Join the forces of good led by Emperor Hagendorf or side with the fearsome Haazheela Thorn as you seek to achieve your goals in this strategy game featuring a blend of adventure and tactical skill.
Manage your troops on the battlefield, hone their skills in the castle's enclosure and upgrade your technology to keep your enemies trailing in your wake in this highly tactic-oriented strategy game.
Experience a truly epic adventure, where your chosen alliances will shape future events.KEY FEATURES:
- Directly inspired by the comic series of the same name by Ledroit and Pontet.
- Before each campaign, choose one of the four factions, each with its own specific attributes.
- Train, manage and lead your troops to victory through approximately 100 missions.
- Create your own storylines using the built-in map editor.
Categories in common with Black Moon Chronicles: Strategy
42. Alpha Kimori 1
Alpha Kimori™ Great Doubt™ Episode One is the first of a trilogy of bright and colorful Japanese Anime inspired story-driven episodic 2D Role Playing Games, which feature an intricate action-adventure epic story with a delightful mix of sci-fi and fantasy elements.
The story of Alpha Kimori™ is set 50 years after the alien invasion of Earth when the newly discovered planet Kimori plays host to two warring human factions – the Bidarians, who want to reclaim Earth, and the Jinrians, who are contented with their new home. Even as the Bidarians destroy with their mighty Robotic Intelligent Cybernetic Armor (RICA) technology, the Jinrians defend the planet with the ability transmute into colossal indigenous creatures. Amidst the turmoil, young Bidarian warrior, Rick, falls in love with Jinrian princess, Yuki.
- Please download the free demo at http://www.AlphaKimori.com
- Thank you to our supporters on Steam Greenlight for getting Alpha Kimori™ greenlit at http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=93036357!
- Want to win a free copy of Alpha Kimori™ 1 on Steam? Post your best Alpha Kimori™ fan art or other creative content at http://www.Facebook.com/AlphaKimori. If it is featured at http://www.AlphaKimori.com/forum, you will receive a free Alpha Kimori™ 1 Steam Key!
1) Cute Japanese anime inspired graphics with full sprite battle animation.
2) Engaging sci-fi-fantasy love triangle interactive novel storyline with lots of twists and turns.
3) Life bars and escape option during combat.
4) Classic Japanese RPG Turn Based Battle gives players time for strategy.
5) Ki Skill animation and battle elemental special effects.
6) Four visible party members and switchable lead character.
7) Avoidable combat with visible enemies.
8) Player is never lost with quest journal.
9) Theme song sung by the popular Vocaloid character, Hatsune Miku ( composed by Yossy http://www.Studio-Misty.com ).
10) 5 hours of average gameplay time.
43. Royal Bounty HD
Royal Bounty HD was crafted for the lovers of old adventure RPGs like King’s Bounty (1990). You are an adventurer named Jim, just out of the island prison. How you ended up like this is unknown. You have no gold and no army. Angry Cell Guard is chasing your heels. What a difficult situation! Your first quest is get away from the maze and find a ship. But it is just a beginning of the story. Your road lies across four huge continents, inhabited by a variety of monsters. You are going to visit a desert, frozen lands, go through woods and towns, and in the finale meet your old friend, The Master. En route you’ll have to earn money and gather an army to face him fully equipped. Nevertheless, you will still need a helping hand from Dragons.
- top-class pixel art
- true hardcore gameplay like back in the 90’s
- 180 creature types in your army
- long plot featuring several endings
- tons of quests
- well polished user interface
Windows, Mac OSX, Android, and iOS versions are available at the moment.
Please check out this excellent, extensive Let's Play review of the game! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqroxiodYog
44. Command & Conquer: Sole Survivor Online
Command & Conquer: Sole Survivor Online is an arcade game developed by Westwood Studios. It was originally released in 1997. It was published by Virgin Interactive Entertainment. The game is rated as "Meh" on RAWG.
Command & Conquer: Sole Survivor Online is available on PC.
Categories in common with Command & Conquer: Sole Survivor Online: Arcade
46. Cybarian: The Time Travelling Warrior
Cybarian The Tme Travelling Warrior is a classically inspired arcade action game, with a mixture of modern and retro gaming tropes.
The game is an amalgamation of old school 2d platformers and side scrolling beat em’ ups.Features
- Beautifully animated and expertly realised retro style pixel art.
- Epic boss battles! Expand your abilities!
- Explosive and engaging combat!
- Classic platforming.
47. Clonk Endeavour
Clonk Endeavour is the sequel to Clonk Planet and predecessor to the newer Clonk Rage in the series of 2D Clonk games.
Clonk Endeavour was the first Clonk game to use a 32 bit graphics system based on Direct3D and OpenGL for enhanced quality and lots of new visual effects.
The game was translated to nine different languages: German, English, French, Spanish, Italian, Russian, Finnish, Estonian, Hungarian. All language packs are included in the download.
48. Grand Prix Simulator (1987)
Grand Prix Simulator is a racing game developed by The Oliver Twins and published by Codemasters for the ZX Spectrum, Amstrad CPC, Commodore 64 and Atari 8-bit computer systems. The ZX Spectrum conversion was done by Serge Dosang. A sequel, Grand Prix Simulator II, was released in 1988 for the same platforms. The Spectrum version was endorsed by Ayrton Senna's teammate Johnny Dumfries.
Categories in common with Grand Prix Simulator (1987): Racing
49. Spellbound Dizzy
Spellbound Dizzy or Dizzy 5 is an adventure video game, featuring the character Dizzy, released in November 1991 by Codemasters. The series was originally developed by the Oliver twins; however, they had little involvement with this title other than executive sign off — confident in leaving Big Red Software to redesign the graphics engine and design the game and puzzles.
The game is the fifth in the Dizzy series, excluding arcade spinoffs such as Kwik Snax and boasted the largest map of any Dizzy game yet at the time of release, having more than 100 screens. Consequently, it is by far longer and more difficult than any other game in the series. Еven 'instant walkthrough' would take about one and a half hours.
The gameplay is also complicated by the fact that Dizzy loses health when falling from heights (the feature was removed from subsequent games). This level of difficulty made many players cheat by using patches giving Dizzy unlimited lives.
The game also presents slightly different user interface, graphics and concepts that never occurred earlier or later in the series: an inventory with items icons, separated collection (stars) and healing (apples) items (in other games they are always '2 in 1'), hidden passages and dynamic animated set pieces (the travel tunnels, the mining cart, etc.) There are additional Dizzy animations and abilities, swimming for instance (once the player gets the flippers), eating frames, concussed frames (after falling), and so on.
The Spectrum version of the game, like all the titles since Dizzy 3, has both 48k and 128k versions packaged. The 128k version features richer graphics and animation, extended dialogue and a background music track. Besides that, the acid raindrops in it are harder to avoid due to a different animation sequence.
Categories in common with Spellbound Dizzy: Adventure
50. Blasted Road Terror
Blasted Road Terror is real-time tactical looter in post apocalyptic setting. Command mighty warcrawler and manage squadron of vehicles in order to get unseen riches of the world and reach immortal glory. You will collect mighty arctifacts during your journey, enlarge your vehicle fleet, rebuild your home base, make new friends and discover terrible enemies.
What to expect?
- Small scale rts like tactical combat.
- 5 - 10 minutes long missions or 30 minutes long adventures (Patrols) - the choice is yours.
- 5 mission types, each with unique needs for group composition and tactics.
- Interceptor/Marauder/Attack vehicle - classes. All with its specific traits and passive abilites.
- Tons of weapons and accessories, all with its purpose and specific way to use.
- NPC factions to gain reputations with and obtain unique rewards.
- Permanent main vehicle and base upgrades.
- 3 environments to explore - Wasteland/Highland/Tundra - all with its unique set of enemies.
- Working Day/Night cycle with weather system to enrich your visual experience.
This game is NOT:
- Action game
- Open world exploration experience
- Story based
- Rogue like
- Forgiving & hand-holding
Dont expect fast action, Blasted Road Terror is about tactical decisions and wise usage of limited resources. You have to consider group compositon and weapon distribution as each environment have different enemies which require different approach. Are you going to face enemies with strong armor? You are going to need flamers as they ignore enemy armor. Are you heading straight in to Riders teritory who are know to use a lot of bikers with high dodge chance? You better bring tesla weapon or two as they ignore enemy dodge. Are you going to run Patrol mission? You will probably need to rearm completely as you ll need to free up space in your main vehicle for extra consumables like vehicle spare parts, extra fuel to intercept bonus objectives or supply of purified water to refresh your warriors during mission.
All your vehicles gain experience and gets stronger with each mission they survive, if you lose your vehicle, its lost forever along with its equipment. But dont worry replacement is allready waiting in vehicle workshop if you can afford it. Lacking screws? You can hire one or two wasteland heroes for a day and run easy missions till you will be able to rebuild your favourite squad again.
Your main vehicle is the pumping heart of your squadron. In the begining its just a little more than armored brick but with each upgrade, you can shape to suit your needs. Do you want it to fill support role? No problem, equip it with additional ammo boxes for more carrying capacity, add spikes and giant buzzsaw crane to boost damage of all your vehicles. Attack role? Fit machine guns, explosive spearthrowers and dreaded missile launcher. Want it to tank for your your party? No problem, we ve got armor plates too!;-)