Games Like Broken Age
Category: Adventure , Casual, Puzzle, Family, Indie,
Platform: PC, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, iOS, Android, macOS, Linux, Nintendo Switch, PS Vita,
Trying to find games like Broken Age? Try these 50 great games that are similar to Broken Age, but stand out in their own awesome ways. This is a comprehensive list of best games like Broken Age that have been tried, tested and recommended.
- Game like Broken Age for PC
- Game like Broken Age for Xbox One
- Game like Broken Age for PlayStation 4
- Game like Broken Age for iOS
- Game like Broken Age for Android
- Game like Broken Age for macOS
- Game like Broken Age for Linux
- Game like Broken Age for Nintendo Switch
- Game like Broken Age for Nintendo 3DS
- Game like Broken Age for Nintendo DS
- Game like Broken Age for Xbox 360
- Game like Broken Age for PlayStation 3
- Game like Broken Age for PlayStation 2
- Game like Broken Age for PlayStation
- Game like Broken Age for PS Vita
- Game like Broken Age for Wii U
- Game like Broken Age for Wii
- Game like Broken Age for GameCube
Games Like Broken Age: Mass Effect,The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director's Cut,Dishonored 2,Alien: Isolation,Castle Crashers,Tales from the Borderlands,Monkey Island 2 Special Edition: LeChuck’s Revenge,Broken Sword 2 - the Smoking Mirror: Remastered,Ash of Gods,Prime World: Defenders
1. Mass Effect
Mass Effect was the very start of the trilogy about Commander Shepard in his journey to save the universe from Reapers - an old civilisation that wants to kill every possible rational being in order to prevail any wars. You play as Shepard. With flexible backstory and different classes you travel to Eden Prime with Captain Anderson and Nihlus Kryik, you and your team must discover the mystery behind the attack on the human colony. In the process, it is revealed that another Spectre, Saron, has become rogue and escapes the planet to awoke Reapers and start a full-scale war with the galaxy.
For BioWare, third-person shooters with tactical elements is a very common genre. Four different weapons - automatic rifle, shotgun, pistol and sniper rifle can be obtained through the game with better characteristics. Also, you can level up your protagonist and his squad to gain better stats and new skills. Dialogue panel is simple yet efficient - you choose the style of your approach and build a reputation of a hero or a renegade. With this options in hand, you can build your own story as Commander Shepard in saving the Milky Way Galaxy.
2. The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director's Cut
The Witcher is the very first instalment of the series that follows the story of Geralt from Rivia. Being found unconscious on the battlefield he must retrieve his memory and help the emperor's daughter, Adda to stop her from turning in to a feral monster. Facing the biggest enemy, Salamander, Geralt must also help all the fractions around the world to find peace between each other.
The fighting system is very flexible. Choosing from three different styles, you can adapt Geralt for any kind of a combat situation. Fast style of fighting gives you an opportunity to strike your opponents with your speed. The strong style focuses itself on destroying your enemies with powerful attacks, while sweeping style is very good when facing a number of foes. You can also craft some potions to gain important benefits such as seeing in the dark or having a larger amount HP. Plot style is unique as well. The game never gives a precise definition of evil, which leads the player to convenient situations where the choice is quite bad anyway. Enhanced edition improves every aspect of the game as graphics and the productivity of it, while Director's Cut does the same without censorship for North America's version.
3. Dishonored 2
Dishonored 2 is an action-adventure game based on players’ stealth skill. The game is played from the first-person perspective and includes several RPG elements. It is a sequel to the original Dishonored game, so the story takes place in Dunwall and mostly in Karnaca 12 years after the ending of the previous part. To start the action, the player has to decide whether he wants to assume the role of deposed Empress Emily or the role of her father and the Royal Protector Corvo, the protagonist of the first Dishonored game. Both characters have their own bunch of special abilities so the choice will influence the way of returning to the throne. In the course of the game, both equipment and abilities can be upgraded. The storyline is divided into several main missions and includes various side quests that let protagonists get acquainted with the useful new skills. Although the gameplay is initially focused on the stealth, actually there is a multitude of ways to complete all the missions and to return the lost honor.
4. Alien: Isolation
Alien: Isolation is an action-survival horror game played from the first-person perspective for a more intense experience. The game is not a sequel to any of Alien games, but it is directly connected to the original 1979 Alien film, so the gameplay includes historical references, and the game itself transfers the unique atmosphere and the old vision of the future. The action is set 15 years after the film events. Young Amanda Ripley accompanied by Nina Taylor and the android Christopher Samuels reaches a distant space station Sevastopol to investigate the case of her mother Ellen Ripley (the protagonist of the 1979 film) disappearance. On the way to the Nostromo’s (Ellen’s spacecraft) flight recorder, Amanda will face plenty of hardships like hostile androids and Aliens because the Sevastopol station is wholly abandoned. Players have to explore the entire station inhabited with Aliens. Due to the crafting system, players can create the necessary gear to prevent contacts with countless enemies.
5. Castle Crashers
Castle Crashers is 2D beat-em-up game with role-playing elements developed by Behemoth. It was initially released in 2008 via Xbox Live Arcade with following ports for PS3, Windows, and macOS. In 2015 it was remastered as Castle Crashers Remastered and was released for Xbox One.
You play as a knight sent by the king to defeat an evil wizard who stole the king’s daughters and captured and mystical gem. The gameplay is very reminiscent of older side-scrolling beat-em-up titles. It can be summarized as a player has to defeat waves of enemies in different locations using his weapons and magical abilities. However, it also incorporates some role-playing elements such as acquiring gaining new levels which allow a player to enhance his stats and acquire new moves. One of the gameplay’s focal points is cooperative multiplayer with the support for up to 4 players which is available both locally and online.
The game shares significant Behemoth hand-drawn visual style which was used before in Alien Hominid and would be later used in studio’s BattleBlock Theater and Pit People.
6. Tales from the Borderlands
The game is a continuation of the games Borderlands 1 and 2. But those games were fantastic shooters (Borderlands 1 - even with RPG elements), and this is a graphic adventure. The player controls two different characters: Fiona is a fraudster, and Reese is a programmer for Hyperion. Characters are found on the planet Pandora after the defeat of Handsome Jack. The story will show the common events of both characters in view of each of them.
Each character has its own unique abilities. For example, Fiona can steal and use the money, and Reese with the help of an implant and a cybernetic hand knows how to crack electronic devices and scan various elements.
The game contains five episodes in which the player explores the outside world, communicates with non-player characters and interacts with the elements of the location, and also collects and uses various items. The choice and actions of the player in the initial episodes will affect the plot in later episodes. The game has a few shootouts too.
7. Monkey Island 2 Special Edition: LeChuck’s Revenge
A game from the golden age of the studio and publisher LucasArts Entertainment and from the legendary team led by Ron Gilbert and Tim Shafer. The game was the sixth to use the graphics engine SCUMM: it was modified and improved audio capabilities. This allowed smoothly change the music themes of locations and creating a more immersive experience for players. The game was reissued in July 2010. The new version included the classic visuals of the original game: you can simply switch to it via a menu. The original version was completed with new features such as all the dialogues were voiced, developers added achievements and comments from leading developers. In the game, as before, there are two difficulty modes: normal and light, for players who have not played quests before and are not ready for difficult puzzles.
The plot of the second part begins with the story of the main character Guybrush Tripwood telling to two other pirates about the victory over LeChuck in the last game. The pirates noticed that they have heard this story a thousand times already and asked Guybrush to tell something new. The hero shares that the events of the new chapter of his adventures are unfolding right now: he is looking for the legendary pirate treasure of Big Whoop.
The game is a classic point-and-click adventure. The player moves through the pre-drawn locations, and all the animated actions occur in the pop-up window. A new part of the Guybrush adventures was highly anticipated: the game was even called the most anticipated in 1992. According to Ron Gilbert, although the game sold well, competitors like King Quest still remained far ahead. In 2009, Tim Schafer spoke about 25 thousand copies of the original copies of the original Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge.
8. Broken Sword 2 - the Smoking Mirror: Remastered
Direct sequel in story, genre and art style, Broken Sword 2 – the Smoking Mirror: Remastered is a remake of 2010 release that takes place 6 months after the events of the first game, where George Stobbart and Nicole Collard visit an archeologist to gather information on the mystery Mayan stone Nicole found while working on a news story. But they’re ambushed and separated, and now George has to escape the burning building, reunite with Nicole and uncover the secrets of a Mayan stone, leading to a lost temple.
The game is played like any other point-and-click adventure, where the player controls the characters and interacts with the environments through the mouse clicks, or in case of a PlayStation release through the controller. The game has over 60 characters player can interact with unique voice lines regarding every game item players can get in their inventory. Remastered edition replaced pixelated backgrounds with more detailed ones, fixed the quality of FMV’s and general audio and added fully animated facial features.
9. Ash of Gods
Ash of Gods: Redemption is a turn-based RPG that combines tactical combat, CCG elements, and a constantly evolving story in which no one is safe from death, including the main characters.
Ash of Gods is the story of three separate protagonists rising in response to a centuries-old menace once thought to be mere folklore.
Ash of Gods’ storyline is constantly evolving in response to players’ choices, sometimes even resulting in death. But, the death of a character is not game over. Instead, the story moves forward with the death of that character and previous choices continuing to impact future events.
Combat in Ash of Gods is a blend of both traditional turn-based strategy and CCG gameplay. While individual tactics will depend upon the skills and classes of your characters, you will unlock and accumulate cards that have the power to unleash powerful abilities, sometimes altering the course of an entire battle.
WHAT MAKES ASH OF GODS UNIQUE
Decisions with Major ImpactsEvery decision, whether on or off the battlefield, has the capacity to alter the course of events and the fate of your party with major repercussions. But, even the death of your leader is not the end of your journey.
No Random Dice RollsThere are no dice throws to determine chance-to-hit or the force of a blow. In Ash of Gods, true tacticians must master the skills of their classes and harness the powers granted by their limited supplies of cards, or suffer the consequences.
AI that Adapts to YouAsh of Gods’ AI adapts to your style of play to ensure a consistently challenging experience with no room for cheap tactics or invincible team builds.
PvE and PvP MultiplayerWork with a friend to battle the AI in PvE challenges, or challenge other players and compete for a spot on the leaderboards. Unlock new characters, upgrades, and cards to customize your tactics even further.
Rewards for RiskExpend your own HP for a last-ditch attack. Go into battle with a smaller team to get better cards and quicker rounds. Take the shorter, but more dangerous route to save on resources. Ash of Gods rewards those willing to take the risks.
After 700 years, peace in Terminum is about to end. The Feast of the Spring Equinox is in full swing when the town bell begins to ring. Captain Thorn Brenin, the bodyguard Lo Pheng, the scribe Hopper Rouley, and many others, do not yet know that the reapers have returned and intend to drown the world in blood so that they may awaken the sleeping gods.
Written by the award-winning fantasy author, Sergey Malitsky, Ash of Gods is a story-rich game full of memorable characters, powerful dialogue, and deep lore. Malitsky is currently working on a new novel stemming from the events of Ash of Gods.
Inspired by the works of Ralph Bakshi (The Lord of the Rings), classical Disney animation, and the prolific Soviet studio, Soyuzmultfilm (The Snow Queen), Ash of Gods features intricately hand-drawn illustration and animation. Rotoscoping, a technique in which a scene is first filmed with a live actor to use as reference, instills every frame of animation with incredible detail and a true sense of life.
The original soundtrack is a collaboration of Adam Skorupa, Krzysztof Wierzynkiewicz, and Michal Cielecki, whose previous work includes The Witcher, Bulletstorm, Painkiller, EVE Online, Call of Juarez, and Shadow Warrior. Every track was recorded live by professional musicians, often using traditional instruments rarely encountered in contemporary recordings.
10. Prime World: DefendersPrime World: Defenders merges classic tower defense gameplay with collectible card mechanic. Your towers, your spells, your traps - all are magic cards, that you can collect and upgrade. You'll have to develop your own strategy, because you'll get your random set of cards after each battle.
Freeze, burn, poison, explode and slash countless enemies that will try to stop you from gathering artifacts of old kingdom. Choose your cards carefully, play them strategically and expect some heavy resistance along the way – from small and almost harmless mutated fungi to powerful giant goblins and nagas.
Did we mention? In addition to story-driven single-player campaign Prime World: Defenders has randomly generated missions, newly added endless mode and New Game Plus!Key FeaturesA mix of tower defense strategy with collectible card mechanics!
No micro-transactions or additional payments!
Random cards drop means different strategy for every player!
Several game modes, including heroic mode and two special endless maps!
Upgrade and mix cards for maximum destruction!
Custom deck lets you pick perfect cards for each mission!
Perk system for your hero!
Story-based campaign with 23 missions!
Mission generator offers infinite replayability!
Enemy buildings in game heal and buff attacking creeps!
24 towers, each with up to 25 upgrades!
13 magic spells that can be upgraded too!
38 types of enemies!
Bosses, mini-bosses and huge bosses.
11. Escape from Monkey IslandSpitting the sand of Monkey Island from my mouth, I wondered if the life of a mighty pirate was all it was cracked up to be. I'd ignored recent events that should have been warning shots across the bow of my soul, from my wife's brush with death to the anti-pirate ramblings of an Australian gazillionaire. If only I'd chosen a different path, LeChuck might still be dead and the Ultimate Insult might have remained a mystery. If I'd never picked up a sword, the grog-swilling pirates of the Tri-Island Area might be unthreatened by the forces of gentrification and demonic heckfire. If only... suddenly, the hairy finger of a familiar monkey tapped me on the shoulder. It was time. Time for the biggest battle of my swashbuckling life.
- Excerpted from "The Memoirs of Guybrush Threepwood: The Monkey Island Years"
Fourth in the legendary Monkey Island series of graphic adventures!
• An original, cinematic story full of drama, sociopathic parrots, and a villain with a sinister agenda!
• Dozens of lusciously rendered backgrounds!
Hundreds of puzzles to challenge both novice and veteran pirates... er, adventurers!
• New jokes! New puns! New insults! And more monkeys than the three previous Monkey games combined!
12. Nightmares from the Deep: The Cursed HeartWould you like to enter a thrilling Pirates world where danger lurks in every corner?
You are a museum owner pursuing an undead pirate who kidnapped your daughter. You quickly realize that the villain is entangled in a tragic, centuries-old love story, and wants to resurrect his mistress with the girl’s life force. You feel sorry for the pirate, but you have to stop him before it is too late for your daughter…
You will leave the modern museum quickly, and find your way to rundown pirate settings, all of them three centuries old. Since the time of the golden age of piracy, the locations have become neglected, deserted and overgrown with plants. Full moon, bones laying on the ground, and a skull-shaped rock add to the dark atmosphere of the mysterious island.
What tragic events took place on the island before your arrival? What evil powers can make an old, rotting ship sail? Is the horrifying, undead pirate really as evil as he seems?
You will find answers to these questions during your trip through the ghost ship haunting the seas of the Caribbean, the grim Skull Island where pirates’ bones cover the ground, a ruined fortress ridden by cannonballs and catacombs stretching below the island’s surface. Are you strong enough to save your daughter? Will you dare to lift the curse?
- Special Collector’s Edition version full of exclusive extras!
- Switch between Hidden Object and Mahjong puzzle!
- Amazing storyline;
- AAA-quality cinematics;
- Astonishing sceneries;
- Clever puzzles;
- Collect 12 Cursed Doubloons!
- Face the fearsome Captain Remington and his crew!
13. Rayman Origins
Rayman Origins is a 2D platformer, the fourth main installment in the Rayman series. Set 400 years before the events of Rayman: Hoodlums' Revenge, the game follows Rayman and his friends as they disturbed an old woman from the Land of the Livid Dead and were attacked by an army of monsters. To return the balance to the world, Rayman needs to start his incredible adventure.
Rayman Origins has a completely two-dimensional graphics and looks like an old-school platformer. The gameplay follows classical mechanics too, including the side-scrolling perspective and progressive combat system, that starts with simple punches and evolves to diving and self-resizing. Rayman uses different abilities to kill enemies and overcome various obstacles. To progress through the story, you need to defeat special enemies and reach the end of every level. There are also a lot of collectibles that in fact complicate the game if you want to pick them all.
14. Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide
This multiplayer-only game based on the popular Warhammer Fantasy franchise is set in the End Time era of this setting. The plot is centered around the city of Ubersreik that was recently taken over by a horde of rat-like monsters called Skavens. The players, who can team up in groups of up to four, are tasked with cleaning the streets from the dirty invaders. There are thirteen levels with different objectives, some of which involve collecting certain items or protecting a city well from being poisoned.
The gameplay is strongly reminiscent of that in Left 4 Dead series, in which the protagonists have to slaughter monsters coming in large numbers, using both melee and ranged weapons. There are five character classes, each with its unique specialization: the Dwarf Ranger and the Empire Soldier are strong and slow, the Witch Hunter and the Waywatcher are the fast scouts, and the Bright Wizard uses magic. On the levels, the players can find item perks that either restore health or ammo or buff the character. It is essential to fairly distribute the perks across the party, especially since every player can only have one perk in each category at a time.
15. Day of the Tentacle Remastered
Day of the Tentacle Remastered - the classic two-dimensional quest, the continuation of the first game Maniac Mansion, where the Purple Tentacle burst out of the laboratory of the crazy Dr Fred Edison. It was initially released 25 years ago by Lucas Arts and Tim Shaffer. The player controls in-game characters by clicking on objects in the game world with the mouse.
The game begins three years after the first part, the Purple Tentacle drinks toxic water from the sewage. It becomes smarter and gains arms. Dr Edison again must save the world and stop the tentacle calamity.
One of the main mechanics of the game is time travel: at the very beginning of the game, the protagonists are separated because of a faulty time machine. Players solve riddles, search for necessary items and try to stop the Purple Tentacle - the result of an unsuccessful scientific experiment.
The remastered version includes visually reworked game locations, an original soundtrack and an indescribable atmosphere of craziness.
16. Cry of Fear
Cooperative horror games can work. It’s achieved either through building a game with a constant threat to all players or if it’s a game mode that adds horror elements or atmosphere to already existing multiplayer game. Originally developed as a Half-Life mod, Cry of Fear is a free-to-play horror game, that has single-player and multiplayer modes. Players take control of Simon Henriksson that finds himself after a car accident in a dark city overrun by monsters. Now Simon has to explore the city and find the source of the evil.
This take on a psychological horror introduces several mechanics in order to make the gameplay challenging, Cry of Fear can be played in single-player and multiplayer with three other players, which doesn’t change the events of the campaign. Players have limited inventory space, only six slots to manage their healing items and weapons. But, characters are allowed to dual-wield items, meaning that player is capable of finding the combination of action items for specific game sections or specific team role players might take in multiplayer. Similarly to Silent Hill series, in order to progress players will have to solve puzzles while city swaps between “safe” and “nightmare” modes.
UNO is a video game adaptation of a famous card game developed in the 20th century. The aim is to be the first one to win 500 points. There is also a variation of the game called Uno Rush, announced two years later than the original.
The rules and card design do not differ from the original. Four players are sitting across the table.
Every player can check out his points in the composite chart. The round proceeds clockwise, it is supported by the revolving arrows and sound effects. The deck consists of 108 cards, 25 of each color. When it’s a player’s turn to go, he has to match the top card in the discard pile based on color, number or symbol of the card. They are dealt automatically to each player. It lets one focus on the game itself rather than on the mechanics.
The main visual appearance is a red screen and slow music so that the game screen can set up the background. There is not much action in the setting as the main processes appear between the players. Just like the original, one can’t see the opponents’ decks, so their goal is to become the first one to gain points. The player can also change the appearance in different game versions. For example, in Partner Uno the player with partners sit across from each other; the Xbox Live Version supports the webcams, which makes the action more intense. The video game has several teams over the internet, so it is possible to participate in live tournaments with players from around the world.
Chuchel is a comedy adventure game from Amanita Design, the creators of Machinarium, Botanicula and Samorost, where fun is number one. Help Chuchel to chase down the mysterious villain and retrieve his cherished cherry! Outsmart the Pool Monster, escape frenzied Pac-Men and master the bird race. Join forces with Chuchel's buddy Kekel and show the mischievous Chrchel that stealing cherries is wrong.
The reward? A hearty situational humor, wild music and sounds by the band DVA and hundreds of hilarious animations that warm up even the coldest of souls. Plus cherries.
The game is all about the main character Chuchel and his never-ending passion for cherries. He is a cute hairy creature (an angry hair-ball basically) who is as pleasant as screaming kids and as intelligent as a potato. His silly orange hat is just the cherry on top. Don't get fooled by his silly looks though - Chuchel is a true hero who never gives up.
19. Anno 2070
This is the fifth game in a series of Anno games.
The game genre remains unchanged - this is a real-time strategy with a variety of elements from other genres included in it: from the city construction and management simulator to submarine battles.
Time, situation, character
The game takes place in 2070, when the ecological situation in the world has become so serious that it cannot be completely ignored and the attitude to the environment becomes a key point in the development of corporations, on whose activity the well-being of humanity is based.
The game has implemented some of the gloomiest predictions about global warming: the world ocean level has risen so much that the continents have gone under water, and people have only to swim between the remaining islets on huge floating ark cities.
You control the captain of such an ark - and this means that you will have to explore, discover and colonize islands, build trade routes, build cities, meet the needs of the population, mine and mine food, build all kinds of enterprises, mines and fleets.
The entire Anno series is characterized by a general scheme - the player has to develop unpopulated but resource-rich territories, adjusting their economies, and then move on in search of new undeveloped territories.
In the Anno 2070 there is the same scheme, but its concrete implementation this time focuses on maintaining the ecological balance during colonization.
Various approaches to this problem embody the main actors in the game:
- the classic industrial tycoons from the Global Trust Corporation - rely on coal and nuclear power plants
- the environmentally-minded governing bodies of the Eden Initiative Corporation - these people rely more on renewable energy sources, wind energy or falling water.
The magnates, if you go their way, provide a more rapid development, but the population is dissatisfied with the deterioration of living conditions.
Environmentalists are developing more slowly, but the situation becomes softer.
But not everything is so primitive - both the magnates and the environmentalists have no ready answers to all the questions. Environmentalists also have to deal with environmental pollution, and the magnates, if they wish, can build waste treatment plants and make their strategies more acceptable.
In addition, the game has a third force - scientists who can significantly change the balance of forces with their technologies.
It is technologies, a powerful factor that can change a lot, became the second significant difference in the game setting after the need to preserve the ecological balance during colonization.
In addition to these three main factions, there are many other actors in the game: pirates, free traders, mercenaries, an oil baron named Sukhov, a Japanese oceanographer and others. You can interact with all of them - trade, negotiate, ask for help, carry out their tasks, receiving scarce licenses for the purchase of technologies as a reward.
Multiplayer mode allows you to bring into the game a lot of interaction in social networks. Players can form alliances, choose each other in the Senate, and then vote in the Senate for certain laws.
20. Bendy and the Ink Machine
"Bendy and the Ink Machine™" is a first person puzzle action horror game that begins in the far days past of animation and ends in a very dark future.
Play as Henry as he revisits the demons of his past by exploring the abandoned animator's workshop of Joey Drew Studios. With twists and turns around every corner, "Bendy and the Ink Machine" is sure to thrill you... and decimate your childhood.
You'll never look at cartoons the same way again.
This first chapter sets the tone for the adventure ahead.
Solve the riddle. Escape the workshop.
Above all, fear the machine and survive.
21. Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet
The game is a mixture of 2D shooter and puzzle genres developed by Shadow Planet Production and released by Microsoft Studios for its Xbox360 console. As part of the HumbleBundle pack, a soundtrack for the game is available, which was released separately. The game began to be developed in 2007. It took four years to build the first demo version for the Penny Arcade Expo. The action of the game is developed on a distant planet and includes the exploration of the game world, like the games of the Metroidvania series. The game was played by the famous artist Michel Gagné.
The game offers the player to solve two-dimensional puzzles, which are mixed with the active segments of the gameplay. The player can upgrade the ship, which he controls: it happens with the help of extraterrestrial technology. The main task is to save the home planet from destruction. The game is available on Steam. There are game modes that support up to 4 players, but you can not play in a basic coop. To do so on console one will need an online subscription to play over the net. The story of the game is rather short - the player will need approximately 4 hours to complete it.
22. Oceanhorn: Monster of Uncharted SeasYou wake up and find a letter from your father. He is gone… The only lead is his old notebook and a mysterious necklace. What happened?
Oceanhorn: Monster of Uncharted Seas combines captivating storytelling, breathtaking 3D visuals and exciting gameplay into one epic action-adventure experience. In the game you explore the islands of Uncharted Seas, a world filled with many dangers, puzzles and secrets. You must fight monsters, learn to use magic and discover ancient treasures, which will help you on your quest. Use all of your wits and skill to unravel the mysteries of the ancient kingdom of Arcadia and the sea monster, Oceanhorn.
- 15+ hours of story driven gameplay
- Master magic and swordfight
- Find ancient items to help you on your quest
- Steam Achievements and Leaderboards
- Steam Cloud
- Steam Trading Cards
- Full controller support
- Enchanting original soundtrack
23. CAYNEHelp panicked and anxious Hadley find her feet and brave stomach-churning situations to break free, by solving puzzles in this FREE horror adventure game.
CAYNE is a free, point-and-click, isometric adventure game with a modern edge.
A gritty experience awaits. STASIS was only the beginning of a much larger story.FEATURES
- Point-and-click adventure game with a modern edge
- Beautifully rendered HD isometric backgrounds
- Fully 3D animated characters
- Quality animated FMV
- Voice acted by professional actors
- Open translation system
- Computer systems that interact with the game world
- Intuitive puzzles to test your deductive skills
- A modern re-telling of the classic adventure game genre
- An adjunct story set in the world of STASIS
- 16:10 monitor support
- PC, MAC & LINUX support
24. Tropico 6
El Presidente is back!Features: Play on large archipelagos for the first time in the series. Manage multiple islands at the same time and adapt to various new challenges.
Send your agents on raids to foreign lands to steal world wonders and monuments, to add them to your collection.
Build bridges, construct tunnels and transport your citizens and tourists in taxis, buses and aerial cable cars. Tropico 6 offers completely new transportation and infrastructure possibilities.
Customize the looks of your palace at will and choose from various extras.
Tropico 6 features a revised research system focusing on the political aspects of being the world’s greatest dictator.
Election speeches are back! Address the people and make promises that you can’t possibly keep.
In times of political turmoil and social unrest, the people are calling for visionary leaders, who will steer the fate of their country with foresight and ingenuity. Prove yourself once again as a feared dictator or peace-loving statesman on the island state of Tropico and shape the fate of your very own banana republic through four distinctive eras. Face new challenges on the international stage and always keep the needs of your people in mind.
For the first time in the series, manage extensive archipelagos, build bridges to connect your islands and use new means of transportation and infrastructure. Send your Tropicans on raids to steal the wonders of the world, including the Statue of Liberty and the Eiffel Tower. Customize your palace at will and give election speeches from your balcony, to win the favor of your subjects.
25. Else Heart.Break()
The world of this game consists not of atoms, but of bits of information - its reality is homogeneous with the reality of what is happening inside the computer.
On the one hand, this is unusual - but on the other, it makes it possible to create anything if you become a programmer.
You do not need to become a programmer to play this game - the world consisting of bits, this is only part of the plot of the game. And the game itself is intended for everyone, including those who do not have programming skills at all.
A boring character in a boring city
The character controlled by the player is called Sebastian. He arrives in the city of Dorisburg. He was offered a job there - not a programmer, but only a seller at Wellspring.
The city is unfamiliar to Sebastian, he has no acquaintances there. Sebastian (that is, you as a player), until there is nothing left but to wander, explore the city, study duties at work and live quite ordinary life, go to a bar in the evenings, attend parties, make friends and hardly wake up to walk to work.
Knock, knock, Sebastian
Events get a significant acceleration when Sebastian meets a girl named Pixie. The main story of the game begins with this acquaintance.
By the way, both the tempo of the story and its specific turns depend on what you decide (along with Sebastian). Everything can be stretched in time or, on the contrary, it can be carried at full speed, and where it goes - there is more than one option.
Pixie girl tells (and shows) Sebastian that their world is a world controlled by coding and programming.
True, not everyone knows this, and all the more, not everyone is allowed to use this knowledge for actions on their own.
But where there are programmers, there are hackers. Moreover, the temptation is so great - to turn a trolley bus into a personal supercar, for example.
How to say it in Sprak
Sebastian acquires a gadget called modifyer - it shows the code of any object in the game. The codes are written in the Sprak language, which is very similar to Basic.
The ease of transforming the world encourages Sebastian to try more and more different things. Errors are inevitable on this path - and it is difficult not to notice them, because try not to notice how you incorrectly programmed the skyscraper!
By the way, the Sprak language is in itself a source of pleasant puzzles, having more than one solution for each puzzle. And the matter is not so much in the capabilities of the language, as in your capabilities - after all, you can find a variety of solutions for the same problem. For example, instead of “writing” a high-speed car for yourself, you can “write” a passage to the right place - even if it is separated from your “reality” for many kilometers.
However, the game is not about harmless entertainment - a group of hackers who are at war with the government agency Ministry comes in contact with Sebastian. The government, of course, does not like it when everyone changes everything at will, and hackers resist control.
26. Rise & ShineShoot Fast, Think Faster
Rise & Shine is a true "think and gun" that combines elements of arcade shooters, bullet hells, and puzzle platformers to create a new blend of strategy and viscera. Switch between Shine's add-ons to solve puzzles that redefine what bullets can do. Guide projectiles through intricate mazes, electrify damaged equipment to discover new pathways, and juggle 8-bit fruit because why not?
Get Ready to Respawn
Don't let the cute character models fool you, saving Gamearth won't be easy. Prepare to dash flurries of missiles and avoid unseen traps as you fight to prevent its destruction. It's going to take all you've got to stay alive in the face of lethal robot armadas, enormous bosses, giant death wheels, and (of course) brainthirsty zombies. You're not gettin' through this in one piece, kiddo.
Next Level Detail
Enter a world where every level is a single, continuous work of art. Each level is composed of hand drawn illustrations with multiple parallax scroll layers so every forward step is new; no tiling or repeated elements. This meticulous attention to detail allows each frame to flow seamlessly from one to the next, a quality you'll wish you had on your 20th respawn.
27. Before the EchoBefore the Echo combines elements of both rhythm and role-playing games to create an entirely unique experience. Join Ky on his ascent of a mysterious Tower, guided onward by a mysterious girl named Naia. Encounter deadly monsters and ridiculous characters, and discover the grand scheme behind Ky's mysterious imprisonment...that is, if you can survive the journey.
- Fully voice-acted, 10+ hour story mode
- With music by Ronald Jenkees and Michael Wade Hamilton
- Deep item synthesis and spell customization mechanics provide a full RPG experience
- Full integration of Steam achievements and cloud saves
28. Marlow Briggs and the Mask of Death
A new breed of WARRIOR returns, committed to destroying the enemies of FREEDOM
When ONE angry man, has a world to protect - There is only ONE future – HIS OWN
No-nonsense hero Marlow never shied away from danger or trouble. But now he faces his ULTIMATE challenge. After crash-landing in Central America, he has an industrial evil to defeat whilst bound to an ancient Mayan Death Mask who’s had no-one to talk to for 2000 years. Another day at the office only this time Marlow is PUSHED TO THE LIMIT , his sweetheart has been abducted, the bad guys are making up their own rules and only one man can judge them – and EXECUTE THE SENTENCE .
Fearlessly fighting through Mayan temples and towering valleys, monstrous machinery, nothing, but nothing, will stand in the way of this bad ass warrior, his girl and the crushing of all opposition.
They told him to go to HELL, he was DEAD ready!!!
With cliffhanger over the top action and cinematic gameplay, Marlow Briggs takes inspiration from the best of blockbuster films, comic book heroes, and action games with its focus on relentless high-octane combat, exotic and danger filled environments and epic set pieces.
•Fight the enemies of FREEDOM with stacks of awesome combos and magic abilities,
•Single handedly destroy HUNDREDS of enemies
•Deploy MIGHTY weapons of destruction
•Leap out of HUGE EXPLOSIONS in slow motion
•Reveal the DEADLY secrets of the Mayans
•Save the ENTIRE planet
29. Riven: The Sequel to Myst
Prepare to enter a world "torn asunder" by timeless, unresolved conflicts--a world of incomparable beauty, intrigue, and betrayal. Prepare to go to Riven. Journey through vast, awe-inspiring landscapes, where clouds sit nestled in a deep blue sky and the rolling sea waters shimmer from bright morning sunlight. But be forewarned: nothing is quite as it seems.
Reclusive beings and mysterious creatures populate the land. Deep, dark secrets lay hidden at every turn. Your utmost powers of observation and reason are required to complete a most elusive task. You must let Riven become your world. Only then may the truth be discovered and a world saved. Riven stands as a story for all time, a story that evokes a sense of awe, wonder, and profound purpose. Prepare to go to Riven--a world unlike any you've ever known.
30. Zombie VikingsFrom the creators of indie smash hit Stick It to The Man! comes a new one to four-player co-op stab-you-in-the-gut-a-thon. Embark on a dead funny adventure with the Zombie Vikings. A putrid posse sent on a mission through the most epic of worlds to retrieve Odin’s lost eye.
Play as the most fearsome Vikings ever raised from Norse soil – Gunborg, Seagurd, Hedgy and Caw-kaa. Hack through the gingerbread swamps of Molgaga! Cruise through the intestines of the Midgaard Serpent! Fight giant poultry!
- Co-op story brawler for 1-4 players
- Single-player and online/offline multiplayer
- Written by Zach Weinersmith (SMBC Comics)
- +25 levels in 8 different worlds. Plus 5 Versus Arenas!
- Choose among four different Zombie Vikings, each with unique power moves
- Over 40 unlockable weapons. Try out Stinknir or Blunt Fish Trauma!
- Collect Viking Runes to gain new cool abilities. Mix up your style of play!
- Stitch all your friends together into a giant mega Zombie. Working together is fun!
31. The Journey Down: Chapter One
The game resembles the cult masterpiece of Tim Shafer Grim Fandango: faces of the characters are covered with masks of African tribes. The Journey Down is an episodic adventure for Linux, OS X, Windows, and iOS. Originally the game existed as a mobile application with poor quality graphics and audio, but the developers re-released the project with the prefix Chapter One and new high-resolution textures, full voice acting and additional content. This is the first part of the trilogy.
The game's game takes place in the coastal city of Saint Armando. The player follows the adventures of Bwana and Kito, who own a gas station and barely make ends meet. However, future events drag them into a whirlpool of adventures, which makes forget about worldly problems. In the first part of the trilogy, the heroes go in search of a lost log. It can point the way to the mysterious land of the Underland. Together Bwana and Kito help the girl Lina to find the hidden land.
The Journey Down is a classic point-and-click quest with an unusual visual setting. Developers have fashioned their characters in a mix of Afro and Caribbean styles. Special pride is the original jazz soundtrack, which was recorded just in time for the restart of the game in HD.
32. SimplePlanesBUILD AIRPLANES
You have the tools you'll need to bring any airplane to life. Snap parts together to build your airplane's body. Place engines to add thrust. Design and attach wings and then strap yourself into the cockpit and see how it flies.
Over 100,000 airplanes are available to download for free from SimplePlanes.com Find anything from old WW2 bombers to next generation fighters to sci-fi spacecrafts. You can upload your own airplanes and rise through the ranks from a bronze builder to a gold level builder.
DYNAMIC FLIGHT MODEL
Flight simulation at its finest. Every little change you make in the designer impacts how the airplane flies. Weight distribution, thrust, lift, and drag are all calculated continuously while flying. Parts can break off in spectacular fashion while flying due to over-stress or by hitting something. The fun won't stop there though. You can keep on flying even with a missing wing if you've got the skills.CHALLENGES
Climb into the cockpit of one of your custom aircraft and see how it does in the challenges. The challenges will keep you entertained for hours. Land on aircraft carriers, escort bombers, dodge surface-to-air missiles, race through courses, and so much more.SANDBOX
Use all available parts to build airplanes with no restrictions. The sky is the limit. Literally.
Modding is fully supported so you can build your own parts and environments. Download our Unity package which includes specially designed tools to aid in designing and building mods which you can then share with your friends and the community.
33. Toybox TurbosFire up the fun as Codemasters reboots the classic table top racing experience in Toybox Turbos – now updated to support the Oculus Rift Development Kit 2 (DK2) virtual reality headset for incredible immersion!
Collect and customize 35 vehicles in this pick-up-and-play arcade racer. Take on 18 obstacle and short-cut filled circuits built for chaotic, combative competition – speed past spilt sticky jam on the kitchen table, dodge flaming Bunsen burners as you take your opponents back to school and dodge the runaway train as you race around a railway set!
Stay on track by using a range of awesome and ridiculous power-ups to send your rivals into a spin, including mines, machine guns and, of course, giant car-mounted hammers.
Master six game modes in the single-player game, then turn friends into foes in manic four player multiplayer - local, online or with a mix - perfect for those one-more-go gaming session that race into the night!
Toybox Turbos – the top-down racing game bursting with miniaturized mayhem, featuring dinosaurs, combine harvesters, golf-buggies and so MUCH more!
34. My Brother RabbitA loving family discovers that their daughter has fallen ill. While her parents set out to get her the treatment she needs, her determined older brother turns to the power of imagination to help them cope. While the outside world offers a harsh reality, these innocent children create a surreal fantasy world that gives them the play and comfort they need. Embark on a grand journey to five different lands filled with incredible robo-moose, floating baobabs, giant mushrooms, and clocks melting to the rhythm of passing time.
Imagination will find a way
In this magnificent land of make-believe, a cute little rabbit wants to nurse his ill friend the flower back to health in any way he can. He must use his wits to decipher puzzles inspired by classic point-and-clicks, uncover hidden objects, and play minigames to continue his adventure. Is it just child’s play or does it all have a deeper meaning that reflects reality?
An emotional story of love and courage
Take part in this inspiring story of siblings who support each other in difficult times through the power of imagination. Accompany them on the quest to help the flower regain its health.
Tons of environmental puzzles, minigames, and hidden objects
Travel through the wondrous lands of a colorful universe where you must question everything you know about reality. Help the rabbit solve puzzles, find hidden objects, and assemble strange machinery in a world where conventional logic doesn’t apply.
Fantastic music by Arkadiusz Reikowski
Every step in the journey is accentuated by the atmospheric music created by the composer behind the scores for Layers of Fear, Kholat, Husk, and >observer_.
A nostalgic journey to a time when dreams had the power to build worlds
Remember your childhood and see the world through young eyes again. Believe in the power of imagination: it always finds a way, even in the darkest of times. Your empathy and ingenuity can save the day. How will this journey end?
35. Aven ColonyBuild a new home for humanity with Aven Colony.
Discover Aven Prime - an alien planet of deserts, tundras, and jungles light years from earth. Aven Colony puts you in charge of humanity's first extrasolar settlement, where you build and expand your small colonies into massive, sprawling cities while dealing with the challenges faced when settling on a new world.
Build your colony's infrastructure, look after the well-being of your citizens, manage your resources, and guide your colony to prosperity against the backdrop of the harsh and often dangerous realities of the exotic world of Aven Prime.KEY FEATURES:COLONIZE AN ALIEN WORLD: Build a new home for humanity on a world with a low-oxygen atmosphere, extreme electrical storms, shard storms, dust devils, deadly toxic gas eruptions from geothermal vents, and days so long they have their own seasons. Explore a variety of biomes, from the lush wetlands environment to the much less habitable desert and arctic.
MEET THE LOCALS: Encounter a variety of alien life forms, including giant sandworms, deadly plague spores, and a vicious fungal infection known as “The Creep.”
SUPERVISE YOUR COLONISTS: Settling a new world can be stressful. As a new Colony Governor, you’ll need to work overtime to help your colonists deal with their new environment. Using the 12 distinct "overlay" modes, you can mange your colony's Crops, Citizens, Happiness, Crime, Air, Electricity, Employment, Resources, Commute, Structures, Drones, and Water. Earn the respect of your colonists, and rise in rank from Colony Governor to Expedition President!
DISCOVER THE PAST: The world of Aven Prime holds many secrets. Play through a full single-player campaign and participate in a story that reveals some of the many secrets of this brave new world.
BUILD THE FUTURE: Use construction drones to build dozens of types of structures to house your colonists, establish trading routes, welcome immigrants and much more! Enhance your existing buildings through several upgrade tiers to push your colony to new heights!
EXPEDITION SYSTEM: Deploy your crack team of pioneers to explore alien ruins, recover artifacts, repair crashed vessels and rescue lost explorers. Get ready to take on plague and creep spore nests whilst fending off splinter groups, rebels and Aven Prime's remaining robot guardians which threaten your new civilisation.
PREPARE FOR WINTER: A fully functional day/night and seasonal cycle. During the winter Aven Prime freezes over - farms will not grow food and solar panels will generate far less electricity. Take measures to survive this harsh climate!
36. DemoniconThe Dark Eye - Demonicon is a thrilling action-RPG set in the extraordinarily popular universe of “The Dark Eye”, a richly crafted fantasy world beloved by fantasy gamers across the globe.
The Dark Eye - Demonicon tells the tragic story of a brother and sister who become pawns of sinister forces in a world of cruelty and depravity. In this bleak yet magical world, their affection is both a blessing and a curse. Both are constantly threatened by mortal danger and demonic temptation, and must find a way through their tortured lives by facing serious moral decisions. Their common destiny will determine that of the entire continent, and will be decided by the choices they make. Hordes of fiends block their way to freedom and peace, and only through battle and magic they will truly become free of the darkness.
- A third-person action-RPG featuring brutal melee attack combos and dazzling magic spells
- Powerful storytelling with an elaborate narrative rich with twists, as well as believable conflicts and ethical decision-making opportunities
- Action-packed battles, where pin-point timing and clever tactics play important roles
- Unique magic system: a dark talent grants the player devastating mystical powers and changes his physical appearance
- Comprehensive crafting system allows for creation of potions, poisoned blades and enchanted armor
- State-of-the-art 3D visuals using the powerful Havok Vision engine
- A richly detailed game world embedded in the extensive fantasy world of The Dark Eye
Noita is a magical action roguelite set in a world where every pixel is physically simulated. Fight, explore, melt, burn, freeze and evaporate your way through the procedurally generated world using spells you've created yourself. Explore a variety of environments ranging from coal mines to freezing wastelands while delving deeper in search for unknown mysteries.
Pixel-based physics: Every pixel in the world is simulated. Burn, explode or melt anything. Swim in the blood of your foes! Enter a simulated world that is more interactive than anything you've seen before.
Your own magic: Create new spells as you delve deeper into the caverns. Use magic to crush your enemies and manipulate the world around you.
Procedurally generated world: Explore a unique world every time you play. Discover new environments as you adventure deeper.
Action roguelite: Death is permanent and always a looming threat. When you die, don’t despair, use what you’ve learned to get further on your next adventure.
Noita is being developed by Nolla Games, a company set up by 3 indie developers, all of whom have worked on their own projects in the past.
The three gents in question are:
Petri is best known as the creator of Crayon Physics Deluxe. In his youth he also made a lot tiny freeware games. He has also made a bunch of board games, but he hasn't told about it to anyone. So please keep it a secret.
Olli released his first commercial game The Swapper in 2013. Besides indie games, he also dabbles in music, live visuals and making programming languages.
Arvi is also known as Hempuli. Over the years he has released a lot of tiny experimental games, so many in fact that he is unaware of all of them. One of the games he remembers making is Environmental Station Alpha. He's currently also working on Baba Is You.
38. Planet of the EyesA finalist for "Best Indie Game" at the Canadian Videogame Awards, Planet of the Eyes tells the tale of a service robot stranded on a mysterious planet.
With a stunning visual mix of puzzle and platforming challenges, an original musical score and fully voiced audio logs, Planet of the Eyes will sweep you away on the immersive journey of a lone robot in an unknown world.
GameplayPlanet of the Eyes will keep you on the edge and test your platforming skill. With quick respawns upon death and physics-based puzzles to solve, there is a mix of challenges that rewards experimentation.Handcrafted LevelsEach level is uniquely crafted to present puzzles and progression through the world. With environments that tie in seamlessly with the narrative, you’ll want to explore every corner to discover the secrets that lie beneath.Retro AestheticThe game art features smooth vectors and a rich colour palette, inspired by a retro sci-fi aesthetic; with original artwork by Vanessa Chia of Cococucumber.Mysterious Story & Atmospheric ScoreA dark story by Will O’Neill (Actual Sunlight) will be revealed, with a full in-game vocal narration by Alex Lewis. With an immersive score by critically acclaimed Sound Designer John Black, the atmosphere will haunt you on your journey through this world.Failure is FunWith more than twelve uniquely deconstructive robot deaths, every mistake in Planet of the Eyes is worth making at least once. The rest is up to you.Follow us:Twitter | Facebook | Press Kit | Website
39. Fly'NSomewhere between a platformer, a puzzle game and a great big dollop of pure fun, Fly’N will challenge your skills through more than forty levels set in a luxuriant world featuring charming visuals.
Experiment with the four Buds and their individual powers to save the World-Trees from Dyer, the loony hair-dryer who intends to destroy their Helys! Redistribute the Helys and play with the environment to free the inhabitants of Helicia.
It’s up to you to control the Buds: four different characters with unique powers, guardians of the World-Trees. Watch out - Their path is peppered with pitfalls, each one more hazardous than the rest! When you find yourself in a tricky situation, you’ll have to figure out the right combination of powers and actions that will save the day…Key Features:
- Experiment with the four Buds and their individual powers to save the World-Trees:
- Fly'N uses his singing to interact with his environment and keep moving.
- Lyft can stick to almost any wall.
- Ywok, once inflated like a balloon, is invincible and bounces everywhere.
- Nyls propels himself through the air.
- Switch between Innate and Subtle Visions when to find your way through
- Redistribute the Helys in order to play with the environment and free the inhabitants of Helicia
- Challenge your skills through more than forty levels.
- Reach the top tier of the STEAM leaderboards and compare your scores with your friends and the developers.
40. The Journey Down: Chapter ThreeIn the jungles of the Underland, scattered remnants of an ancient culture speak of a great evil that dwells in the shadowy depths of the Kwayerumoshi caves. But even the darkest secrets of this lost age are about to be revealed by the brave actions of three unlikely heroes.
In the final chapter of The Journey Down, Bwana, Kito and Lina explore the vast reaches of the Underland and unravel its long-forgotten history. Their adventure comes to a bombastic conclusion when they learn the true nature of the Great Asili tree and the Armando Power Company.
The Journey Down is a classic point-and-click saga with an Afro-Caribbean vibe. Get ready to embark on an epic journey of brain-teasing adventure!Features
* A twisting tale of intriguing adventure
* Tons of handpainted environments
* An all original jazzy reggae soundtrack
* A fully voiced cast
* HD art and animations
41. Girls Like RobotsTheir faces are the playing pieces. The rules are their emotions!
Ridiculously charming puzzles, wrapped around an epic tale of love and danger, topped off with an authentic old-time stringband soundtrack!
The goal is to put every one next to their friends.
But you can't please everybody all the time. Sometimes you gotta break hearts to save the day. And the day definitely needs saving: Volcanoes, exploding chickens, planetary invasion and a boy who just wants to dance with a girl.
- Constantly evolving gameplay
- A huge cast of moody folk
- Like, a bajillion hand drawn places and things
- Three Acts with 110 puzzles
42. Darkestville Castle
Like any decent demon Cid spends his nights performing all kind of evil deeds to the peaceful people of Darkestville. Little does he know that his old arch enemy is about to change his life forever.
Live the adventure of Cid, the demon of Darkestville, a laid-back being of pure darkness that will see his evil routine life disrupted by The Romero brothers, a group of demon hunters hired by Dan Teapot, Cid’s arch enemy. Follow CId through an epic quest full of danger, intrigue, and ridiculous premises.
The game pays tribute to late 90’s point-and-click adventure games, featuring fascinating fairy-tale story and trendy visuals in Tim Burton’s style. It delivers more than 7 hours of truly enjoyable gameplay to both old and new generations. Dive into the unforgettable good old-fashioned atmosphere of classic adventure games and meet dozens of funny characters living in this amazing hand-painted world of Darkestville Castle.
• Point-and-click adventure classics in the same vein as Monkey Island and Day of the Tentacle
• Lots of Tim Burton-esque gallows humor
• Funny characters and charismatic protagonist
• Dozens of carefully designed levels
• Quirky and trendy visuals
• Numerous puzzles
• Captivating story
• More than 7 hours of exciting gameplay
• Violence, horror and death-free adventure for all ages
• This Game has been awarded with an INDIE PRIZE as the BEST GAME NARRATIVE
43. The Long Journey HomeThere are a million worlds in the galaxy. Only one of them is Home.
It was supposed to be a short test run - a quick flight to Alpha Centauri and back. But when mankind’s first experimental jump drive goes wrong, a misfit crew finds itself trapped on the wrong side of the universe - alone, injured, falling apart. The only way back… is through.
Explore an endlessly shifting universe. Form alliances with strange aliens, from the noble Wolphax Knights to cruel-minded Ilitza slaver empire. Harness your crew’s skills in everything from research to archeology to diplomacy. Learn the laws of an often hostile universe, and make tough decisions that may change it forever. Do whatever it takes to get back to Earth.
The Long Journey Home combines the endless freedom of space with a new open questing system that always leaves you in command. Deliver the stranded Glukkt to his homeworld as he asks, or to your new slaver friends? Attempt to make allies with everyone, or pin your hopes on the tougher races, and hope they never turn on you? Jump by jump, make hard decisions and live with the consequences, in a universe that is never the same twice.
One mission. Endless adventures.
Where will your Journey take you?Features
Explore a living, procedurally generated universe inspired by both classic and modern Science Fiction. Meet different aliens. Find different stories. Take different risks. Learn the secrets of the universe and with them, new possibilities.
Raid alien tombs full of traps and treasure. Compete in the galaxy’s greatest combat tournament. Find and research strange artifacts, and use your crew’s skills to find out whether that old skull is just a piece of bone, or the Holy Grail of an aggressive new species.
A crew worth leading
Choose four out of ten experts, all with personality as well as specialties. Far from just stats, you’ll come to know them as they share their feelings, their fears, their excitement and their concerns on the trip and your decisions. Learn how best to use their skills to help the others… and who might be willing to sacrifice themselves to get the others back Home.
44. Gray DawnYou will be entangled in a terrifying adventure of a priest on a quest to prove his innocence. Guilty or not, you find yourself trapped in the middle of strange events involving a demonic possession and divine apparitions.
Each time you remember the boy or hear about being accused of murder, you go into a trance fueled by fear. These moments of madness depict gore, repulsion towards God, and sometimes even the voice of the devil himself trying to convince you of things that may or may not be lies...
Gray Dawn takes place around the year 1920, in a remote village in England. Throughout the game, you will often be transported to the beautiful world of Romania, which is inspired by the mysticism of Eastern Europe.
45. Chaos RebornFrom Julian Gollop, the designer of the original, award-winning XCOM game comes Chaos Reborn - a turn-based wizard combat game with single player Realm Quests and many online options. Between 2 and 6 players can challenge each other to magical duels in a variety of arenas using a spell deck of interesting spells and creatures - including the Gooey Blob, Shadow Wood, and more. There is a monthly league system and several game modes with live or asynchronous battles. You can explore the Realms of Chaos fighting Wizard Lords and Kings, and invite players to join you in co-op battles, or act as an invader in someone else's realm. These Realms can be designed by player Wizard Kings and rated by other players.
46. Them's Fightin' HerdsThem’s Fightin’ Herds is a 2D Fighting game featuring a cast of 4-legged combatants! Beneath the cute and cuddly surface designed by acclaimed cartoon producer and developer Lauren Faust, a serious and mechanically deep, GGPO-powered fighter awaits!
As an additional thank you to Skullgirls and their playerbase for supporting us by letting us use the Z-engine via their crowdfund goals, owners of Skullgirls on Steam get an additional discount when purchasing the game. THANK YOU SO MUCH!
The full main story will be delivered (FOR FREE) in regularly released episodes after Full release launch, focusing mostly on one character each, along with many unique unlockables, target mode courses and hidden fight scenarios.GAME FEATURES
- Visual Pixel Lobby: Online multiplayer lobby system uses the same style of overworld as Story Mode to allow all players to explore (read: goof around in) locations within the world of Foenum with other players. Customize your avatar with cosmetic items you collect through Story Mode AND Multiplayer PVP/PVE gameplay!
- Dynamic Music System: Rockin’ character themes that adapt in the heat of the battle makes every fight a treat to the players AND the spectators.
- GGPO powered netplay for the smoothest possible fighting game experience.
- More fighters are on the way, introducing more playstyles to the roster! Each fighter DLC release will include additional unlockable cosmetics, modes and character specific story mode expansions.
- 4-button Fighting: A-Light, B-Medium, C-Heavy, D-Magic.
- Magic System: Emphasize your character’s special abilities through a dedicated button and a unique resource.
- Juggle Decay: Opponents become gradually heavier during a combo, but ONLY after the juggle decay bar is filled. This manages combo length without imposing a hard limit. In addition, filling the juggle decay bar prevents standing infinites by removing the opponent's ability to remain standing for the rest of that combo.
- Enhanced Super Attack: Spend an additional meter to add utility to your main super attack with effects that stay true to the characters’ unique personalities and talents!
47. Sakura SpaceCaptain Shika has seen all kinds of things in her adventures throughout the universe, and with her two loyal crew members by her side, she's managed to make a name for her small company of mercenaries. When Shika finds a bounty job offering an absurd amount of money, she doesn't hesitate to act: tracking hardened criminals is part of the job. Their target is an elusive mastermind, a mark who challenges their ingenuity at every turn. In this yuri space adventure, the crew will need all of their wits - and a fair amount of luck - to bring their quarry to justice.
48. WulverbladeHelp Britannia defeat the Romans in Wulverblade – a hardcore side-scrolling beat 'em up inspired by classics such as Golden Axe, Sengoku, and Knights of the Round! Experience a historically accurate storyline across eight campaign levels – or test your skills in the game’s deadly arenas. Go it alone or team up with a friend in local two-player co-op. It’s time to show the Ninth Legion what you’re made of!The StoryIt’s 120 A.D. – and the Roman army has seized control of the south of Britannia. Their goal: to march north and conquer the rest of the island with brutal and bloody efficiency. The 5,000-strong Ninth Legion is preparing for war – but little do they know what lies in wait for them. Caradoc, Brennus, and Guinevere – guardians of the northern tribes – have rallied the troops and are ready to wage a war against the Romans. The siblings bear a gift that even they are not aware of; soon, all will discover its true power.Key Features
- Experience a historically accurate storyline spanning eight varied levels.
- Master retro-inspired combat, including modern enhancements.
- Team up with a friend – arcade-style– in two-player local co-op.
- Take in the rich, fully illustrated 2D scenery.
- Test your skills in a variety of challenging combat arenas.
49. Kaptain Brawe: A Brawe New WorldStep into the world of interstellar travel, where Space Pirates lurk at every corner. Kaptain Brawe, a Space Police officer will embark on a journey filled with quests, conspiracies and general chaos, as he follows the lead of two kidnapped alien scientists. Set in a beautiful, hand drawn alternative 19th century world, Kaptain Brawe's cartoon appearance will suit younger, as well as mature players, who enjoy games filled with humorous storyline and challenging puzzles.Features:
- Reveal the greatest conspiracy in the Space Age
- Travel and explore 4 planets
- Play with 3 different characters (Brawe, Luna and Danny)
- Two game-play modes: Hard-Core and Casual
- Meet the space pirates, Interstellar government, secret agents and more
50. Azkend 2: The World BeneathStep aboard a fantastic adventure! Azkend 2: The World Beneath combines amazing art and ultra polished match-3 gameplay into a captivating experience. Click and drag with your mouse to match tiles and activate powerups. Unravel the exciting story and discover some of the most astonishing worlds ever imagined as you progress through the game!
Azkend 2: The World Beneath is a well polished match-3 game with "connect the tiles" mechanic. The game features many different and exciting level types with unique challenges. There are nearly twenty unique powerups to unlock and choose wisely for each level to hasten your journey!
Azkend 2: The World Beneath features beautiful location art to immerse you into the wonderful underground world. The amazing vistas are dynamic and change as you make your way back towards civilization. Gameboard tiles are carefully handpainted and topped up with pretty particle effects.
The story, drawing inspiration from Jules Verne, is told with gorgeous full screen animated scenes and professional voiceover. The story is filled with adventure and wonder in a way that is both exhilarating and relaxing.
- Amazing hand drawn and animated location art
- Super-polished match-3 gameplay with original twists
- Engaging adventure story with full voiceovers
- Three game modes; Adventure, Time and Medals
- Cinematic soundtrack by Jonathan Geer
Broken Age is a classic point-and-click adventure game, which tells a story of two completely different teenagers seeking to change their life pace. The action takes place in an imaginary universe shown in a 2.5D perspective. The gameplay is divided into two main storylines, so players are able to assume the roles of both Vella Tartine and Shay Volta. The game allows switching characters at any time. Firstly, events move players to Sugar Bunting town occupied by fictional monsters called Mogs, which demand a sacrifice of young girls every 14 years. Once the protagonist Vella finds herself chosen to be the sacrificed maiden. As she tries to stay alive, she realizes that the only way out is to fight the monster and to liberate her hometown. The second story tells about Shay, a lone boy imprisoned in a spaceship between two AI systems. The boy seeks independence and starts to explore the entire ship then moving to the whole war-torn galaxy. Both storylines are not expected to connect somehow, but in the course of completion game levels, players start to notice similar slight details.