The best games like Broforce are:
- arrow_rightHotline Miami
- arrow_rightDead Cells
- arrow_rightEnter the Gungeon
- arrow_rightSteamWorld Dig
- arrow_rightCrypt of the NecroDancer
- arrow_rightThe Expendabros
- arrow_rightTowerFall Ascension
- arrow_rightDuck Game
100 Best Games Like Broforce:
Filter by Platform Select a Platformarrow_drop_down
- PC (100)
- Xbox One (36)
- PlayStation 4 (48)
- iOS (41)
- Android (29)
- macOS (100)
- Linux (79)
- Nintendo Switch (39)
- Nintendo 3DS (4)
- Xbox 360 (11)
- PlayStation 3 (14)
- PlayStation (8)
- PS Vita (13)
- PSP (1)
- Wii U (8)
- Wii (10)
- Nintendo 64 (3)
- Game Boy Advance (2)
- Game Boy Color (4)
- Game Boy (1)
- SNES (4)
- NES (2)
- Classic Macintosh (6)
- Commodore / Amiga (4)
- Atari 5200 (1)
- Atari 2600 (1)
- Atari 8-bit (1)
- Atari ST (1)
- Genesis (6)
- SEGA Saturn (2)
- SEGA 32X (1)
- SEGA Master System (1)
- Dreamcast (1)
- 3DO (1)
1. Hotline Miami
Several chapters of top-down shooter action, Hotline Miami is a violent game, where the player takes control of the unnamed man, that receives orders to clear out stages from bandits and mobsters, using every weapon he can get. Over the course of the game, the player will be able to collect the masks that provide buffs and abilities. Fluid and tight combat includes various melee and ranged weapons, that can be used as intended or just thrown at the enemy. Once Jacket, dubbed so for his distinct letterman jacket by fans, arrives at the mission, players will have to clear out every floor from the enemies, using rooms and doors for cover or ambushes. As the story moves on, Jackets mental health will visibly deteriorate, and he will be shown to suffer from hallucinations, which is in tone with acid 80’s theme.
2. Dead Cells
Dead Cells is a roguelike adventure title developed by Motion Twin.
Not much story is present in the game, as only bits of any information are given out to the players. The game takes place at a remote island, where the players take place of the Prisoner. The Prisoner does not speak, yet he can express confusion and frustration using his body language. The Prisoner is basically immortal, as, in case of death, his head disconnects itself from the Prisoner's body, and gets back to the game's starting area.
The game's heavily inspired by The Binding of Isaac, as stated by the developers.
Dead Cells features the procedurally generated environments that are typical for roguelike games, yet it puts a strong emphasis on exploration that is typically found in metroidvanias.
The players set out to explore the island where a prison was built. As the players come down into the dungeons of the island, they find various loot, fight dangerous creatures, collect armor, abilities, and power-ups. Upon death, the players lose all the loot they had on them. It is possible to find a shopkeep somewhere in the dungeons to purchase new equipment or have some rest.
The game uses death as a learning experience, as it randomizes the placement of enemies, so the players can't take multiple attempts to complete a level. The developers want the player to examine the enemy behavior and learn how to combat the enemies themselves.
3. Enter the Gungeon
Enter the Gungeon is a twin-stick roguelike shooter. The game takes place in a planet inhabited by living bullets. You play as one of six adventurers trying entering a considerable fortress to find a gun that can destroy one’s past.
The gameplay represents a mix of bullet-hell and dungeon crawler. You choose one of the characters and start descending the Gungeon. Every floor has several pre-made rooms with enemies and treasures procedurally-generated. The player can shoot guns, dodge, use items and make barricades of the tables. There are more than 300 hundred different guns and items in the game which can be acquired from shops, treasure chests and bosses.
The game is notable for its severe difficulty that comes from tough enemies, the vast amount of projectiles that can simultaneously be on the screen and from the fact that every time you die you have to starts the game from the beginning.
4. SteamWorld Dig
SteamWorld Dig is an independent platforming action game developed by Image & Form. It is the second installment in the series.
You play as a steam-powered robot named Rusty. He moves to a town of Tubleton after inheriting his uncle's mine. He starts to mine and explore the underground world unraveling the remains of human civilization on his way.
The main objective is to investigate the mines. At the beginning of the game the player is only equipped with a pickaxe, but more and more mining equipment is unlocked as the game progresses. The equipment is also upgradable as the game goes on. The mines are procedurally generated on every playthrough and useful items appear in different places. Collected ores and resources can be sold in a shop outside the mine. There are several underground worlds to explore which feature various enemies.
If the player gets lost in the mine they can either use the ladders that are sold in the store or use the self-destruct button. All collected loot is lost on death but can be picked up again.
5. Crypt of the NecroDancer
Crypt of the NecroDancer is an indie roguelike game developed by Brace Yourself Games.
You control Cadence, who looks for her missing father. During the search, she falls into a crypt, where the NecroDancer steals Cadence's heart. Cadence can't do anything without following the music's beat and has to find both her heart and her father.
Crypt of the NecroDancer can be played with a dance pad, a gamepad or a keyboard. Having the Protagonists able to do anything only as the music beats makes the Crypt of the NecroDancer a rhythm roguelike game. Movement, attacking and using your items has to be planned in advance, as the player can't do anything between the beats. If the player misses the beat, no actual harm to the character is done, yet the scoring multiplier resets. The players set out to explore a procedurally generated underground dungeon.
The players can find new weapons, items, and equipment during the exploration of the dungeon. Your inventory is managed by the game. As in most roguelike games, your inventory is lost on death, yet any diamonds the players find still persists. On death, the players return to a game lobby, where they can buy permanent upgrades.
6. The Expendabros
The Expendabros is a crossover game based on Broforce gameplay and featuring characters from The Expendables 3 movie. In the basis of both games lays the roast of the 90s movie cliches about unstoppable warriors, such as Arnold Schwarzenegger, Sylvester Stallone, Bruce Willis and the others. The Expendabros features parody characters from The Expendables 3, including Broney Ross, Bronnar Jensen, and the others.
The gameplay in The Expendabros provides a crazy mix of a platformer, a shooter and a quest with strong beat ‘em up elements. The action doesn’t stop as everything around you explodes, burns and crashes while you kill bad guys. Each of the seven playable characters has their unique weapons and special attacks.
The story itself consists of 10 missions with the goal to capture an arms dealer named Conrad Stonebanks. The game is set in Eastern Europe forests, so you're to fight among lumber mills and harsh landscapes.
7. TowerFall Ascension
TowerFall is an indie action-game with focus on local multiplayer. It was initially developed as an exclusive for OUYA microconsole and was later ported on other systems as TowerFall Ascension. The gameplay represents an arcade-style fighting arena where four people combat each other to score points in a series of rounds. There are for several characters to choose from in the game. Every one of them has two main ways of killing opponents: bow and stomping. Every player starts with only 3 arrows which, after being shot, can be picked from the spot where they fell. The player can also jump on each other in retro-platformer style. The arenas exit is connected with exits on the opposite side of the map, so if the player falls down the pit, he immediately appears from the top of the arena. There also several powerups that can be found in treasure chest scattered across the map.
The Ascension version of the game also features single-player mode in which player has to kill waves of enemies on the arena. It has no story whatsoever and is more like a series of challenges with different monsters, powerups and unique peculiarities on locations.
8. Duck Game
Enter the futuristic year of 1984, an age where ducks run wild in a frantic battle for glory. Win over the crowd and gain a following by blasting your feathered friends with Shotguns, Net Guns, Mind Control Rays, Saxophones, Magnet Guns, and pretty much anything else a duck could use as a weapon. One hit and you're roasted. This is DUCK GAME. Don't blink.
- 2 to 4 PLAYERS in either Local Multiplayer Couch Combat, or NEW Online Play!
- Single Player challenge mode
- Easy to pick up, emphasizing strategy over twitch reaction
- 50+ Levels, 50+ Weapons
- Level Editor
9. Wizard of Legend
Become A Wizard Of Legend!
Wizard of Legend is a fast paced dungeon crawler with rogue-like elements where you assume the role of a powerful wizard intent on overcoming the Chaos Trials to become the next Wizard of Legend.Story
Every year in the City of Lanova, the Council of Magic, comprised of the most powerful wizards in the world, holds the Chaos Trials to determine if there are any worthy of becoming a Wizard of Legend. The contestant that successfully navigates all of the challenges and demonstrates superior wizardry earns the right to become a Wizard of Legend!Gameplay
Battle your way through each challenge by defeating powerful conjured enemies! Collect valuable spells and relics and build up your magical arsenal to fit your playstyle! Achieve mastery over magic by chaining spells together to create devastating combination attacks! Face each council member in combat and earn your right to become a Wizard of Legend!Features
- Fast Paced Spell Slinging Combat
- Use powerful spell combinations to destroy your enemies
- Procedurally generated levels mean a new challenge every time
- Tons of spells and items to fit your playstyle
- A variety of unlockable wizards to discover
- Local multiplayer allows you to play with or against a friend
- Gamepad and controller support for most major devices
10. Zombie Army Trilogy
NOW INCLUDES ALL 8 CHARACTERS FROM THE LEFT 4 DEAD GAMES!
“Co-operative multiplayer done right.” - Eurogamer
“Proven shooter mechanics and a real sense of fun.” - Wired
"A generous wodge of the most enjoyable kind of schlock horror shooting on PC." - PC Games N
The cult horror shooter series comes to an apocalyptic conclusion with an epic new third chapter, a heart-pumping new horde mode, and remastered editions of the best-selling Nazi Zombie Army 1 & 2.
In the dying flames of World War II, Hitler has unleashed one final, unholy gamble – a legion of undead super soldiers that threatens to overwhelm the whole of Europe. Fight alone or team up to save humanity from the zombie menace in this apocalyptic third-person shooter!
Battle through THREE epic campaigns across 15 demon-infested missions. Play solo or fight back to back in online co-op for 2-4 players. Dare you take on one of the most intense and challenging third-person shooters in gaming?
Face gruesome enemies with iconic weaponry and powerful explosives. Dismember the undead to give yourself a fighting chance, and experience every putrid lung burst, every rotten bone shatter with the infamous X-ray Kill Camera.
The ultimate horror package – alone or with teammates
- Experience THREE nerve-shredding campaigns across FIFTEEN missions of intense third-person action.
- Take the fight to the undead alone, or team up in 2-4 player online co-op.
- Face your fears in the brutal new Horde Mode for 1-4 players, across 5 blood-curdling maps.
- Defeat harrowing legions of zombies, armoured skeletons, fire demons, chainsaw-wielding elites - and worse - before facing the demonic Führer himself!
- Shred the undead with genre-best rifle ballistics, powerful firearms and deadly explosive traps.
- Wince as your bullets shred the insides of the undead in gruesome detail with the return of the series’ acclaimed X-ray Kill Camera.
Customise your carnage
- Choose from 16 playable characters, including all 8 survivors from Left 4 Dead 1 & 2!
- Perfect your play style with CUSTOMISABLE loadouts - pick your favourite weapons and explosives.
- Customise your DIFFICULTY and add enemy multipliers. Surely you would never brave “X4” on Sniper Elite difficulty ... or would you?
Recut. Remastered. Unleashed.
- Includes the first two Nazi Zombie Army games like you’ve never seen them before.
- Pick apart zombies with the new DISMEMBERMENT mechanic and bathe in a bloody glow of NEW graphical effects, NEW audio, NEW enemy animations ... and more.
- Play your favourite missions from ANY campaign in ANY order in ONE unified online community.
Chariot is a couch co-op platformer that can be played alone or with a friend. Players take the role of the brave Princess or her faithful Fiancé as they maneuver the departed king's coffin-on-wheels through 25 levels set in 5 vibrant underground environments, with his majesty's ghost giving them a piece of his mind every step of the way. Filled to the brim with emergent physics-based gameplay, Chariot offers hours of exciting exploration, fast-paced ride sequences and mountains upon mountains of loot! Notice: We highly recommend playing Chariot with a controller.
12. Rampage Knights
Rampage Knights is a cooperative beat 'em up game mixed up with randomized dungeon crawling and exploration which you can play alone or with a friend online.
You play as a hero trapped by a spell in a magical forest. All paths lead you to a nearby ruined castle, infested with goblins, skeletons and other foul creatures. Gear up with awesome and ridiculous weapons and spells and descend into the deep labyrinth below the ruin to face its sinister master!
Try to get as far as possible in a dungeon with randomized items, spells, traps and encounters. Your hero is upgraded along the way (both visually and gameplay-wise) as you find better weapons, items, magic powers and fight harder and harder monsters.
The main features:
- Frenetic action inspired by Golden Axe and Binding of Isaac
- Singleplayer campaign or co-op for two players (online and local)
- Randomly generated environments with rogue-like elements
- Hero visually evolving with new abilities
- Dozens of spells and weapons with game changing properties
- Long term progress with new classes and features to unlock
- Full controller support
- Mighty foot included!
So what do you say? Are you ready to start the rampage?
13. Lost Castle
Lost Castle is a super cute, super hard action RPG with roguelike elements and randomized dungeons. Brimming with a host of hand drawn, humorous characters and environments that embrace retro action with modern twists.
In its glory days, Castle Harwood was the heart of a happy land governed by wise and virtuous nobles. But those days are long gone now. Calamity has befallen these lands, and wicked magics corrupt the castle and all that surrounds it. Demons have claimed this rotten place for their domain and even the might of the empire is thwarted by their dark army... and slowly, the corruption is spreading. Castle Harwood is lost.
Yet at the heart of this nightmare, something bright glimmers and fills the hearts of the mighty with the courage needed to invade the castle. The Lost Castle is filled with the treasure of the defeated Earl and it is the promise of riches that calls you. And maybe you can do some good, too.
- Randomly generated dungeons, items, enemies and bosses.
- Hardcore retro action inspired by classic beat ‘em ups.
- Gorgeous hand drawn characters and environments.
- 80+ items and 50+ potions with useful, dangerous or hilarious effects.
- 150+ weapons and more than 50+ sets of armor.
- Massive variety of skills and special attacks.
- Sacrifice dead heroes to gain new abilities. .
- Two players co-op.
14. Oh...Sir!! The Insult Simulator
The parrot is back from the dead bringing countless new insults for your disposal, Sir! Remember that silly game that parted lovers, destroyed families and turned friends into enemies? Here’s its successor that does even more, certainly with more style and more variety. And I have proof! This time you can spread affront to everyone in the world that has Internet access or - if you’re not the most sociable - you can sit alone and play with yourself. Nudge nudge.
So don’t let the parrot die for nothing and tell that grumpy old lady that her husband donated organs for a strange woman lying in a pond and that her sister poses nude for some dog. Then meet a retired hipster who admires pictures of a grunting sow, and a fake Russian who borrowed a dead body to put his teacup and crumpets on. It’s also the only game that lets you learn what’s The Meaning of Life, and that’s scientifically proven!Game Features:
- Loner’s Insult Tournament Mode: Battle your way through numerous unique situations and verbally assault your CPU
- Real-Life Friends Mode: Belliger your actual friends on a couch, ottoman, or whatever else you like to rest your fanny on
- Imaginary-Friends Mode: Verbally take down strangers from all over the world online, and bring the witty pain across any device using the game's Cross-Platform Multiplayer
- 5 Hilarious Playable Characters: Each with their own unique voices, quirky traits and hilarious “insult bits”
- Legendary Potty Mouthed Unlockable Heroes: Lay down some verbal carnage and unlock renowned potty mouthed special guest fighters, including Shadow Warrior's Lo Wang, Serious Sam, the infamous Postal Dude, with more additions to follow soon.
- 4 Conflict Scenarios: Lay down some verbal jujitsu across 4 different testy situations and dynamic environments
- Contentious Battle System: Employ combos, criticals, continuations and other new mechanics to outwit your argumentative opponents!
15. Squishy the Suicidal Pig
The game is a puzzle platformer. Piglet Squishy in a complicated way goes to the Devil himself - Squishy hopes that as a result he will be able to get into the paradise for animals and reunite with his dead parents.
In the game, you can go through the campaigns (story mode), you can improve yourself, passing the game at speed (speedrun mode) and, finally, the game has a number of additional modes.
The game requires a variety of activities - collecting apples, blasting TNT boxes, searching for secret artifacts, solving puzzles, fighting with bosses. There are levels where it is required to solve tasks so unobvious that it seems that the game can not be passed.
Locations are four, and in each location there are ten levels. More precisely, eleven - after the tenth location of each level you will meet with the boss.
Bull. In addition to the Bull, boxes with explosives are still falling here. On the other hand, the boxes fall on the Bull too, which can be the key to victory.
Coyote. Coyote - not the only trouble at its level. Exploding boxes are present here, but in the company of traps and other troubles. The strategy here is about the same - apply all these troubles against the boss.
Snowman. It acts on the player by the wind and snowballs. A player can throw fireballs at Snowman.
Devil. The devil is not easy to win. The battle stretches for five episodes. First you need to catch the Devil, dodging meteorite rain - it happens in space. Then we fight with him. In the third, fourth and fifth episodes we fight the Devil in his house - in hell.
16. Mega Man 11
Mega Man 11 is the eleventh game in the main series of Mega Man franchise. It is designed n the vein of classic 16-bit 2D platformers.
Long ago, Dr. Wily, a would-be mad scientist, created a device called the Double Gear System that could increase the powers of robots by pushing them to the limit. The device was banned for being too dangerous for robots. This time, however, Dr. Wily decided to complete his creation and test it on the eight robots he stole from his former colleague, the wise Dr. Light. Using Double Gear, Dr. Wily creates Robot Masters of the stolen robots to help him to conquer the whole world. Mega Man, a good robot and the protagonist of the series, cannot defeat the stronger and faster Robot Masters. To help him win, Dr. Light temporarily installs him a variation of the Double Gear System.
The player controls Mega Man in a 2D environment, as he runs through the levels and defeats evil robots. There are eight unique Robot Masters that serve as the game's bosses.
The Double Gear System not only sets up the game's plot but also works as a game mechanic. Using it, Mega Man can access two additional skills. The first is “Speed Gear” that allows him to slow the time down as if he moves and reacts incredibly fast. The other is “Power Gear” that allows Mega Man to make attacks that deal more damage. In accordance with the game's plot, however, the use of the Double Gear System is not safe and can overheat Mega Man.
17. Canyon Capers
Canyon Capers is a 2D platformer game.
The main character, DinoJr, is out on a quest of exploring different dungeons, canyons, and caves and hunting for great treasures hidden there. Other characters are unlockable through playing, with their unique traits and different approaches to each level. The levels in the game vary in goals and activities, wherein some there is a time limit to complete the run, while in others the player has to score some points by collecting trophies and defeating enemies.
The game follows a pattern set by the classic retro platformers: the player controls a character who can jump, get rid of enemies by landing on top of them and collect different upgrades. While at that, the game offers different challenges in the form of puzzles to solve and 50 different levels with progressing difficulty. Various types of enemies and dangerous traps await at each map, but the player can restore his progress after dying - the character respawns at the last haven.
Visuals and other features
As mentioned before, the game aims at giving its players the feeling of playing a retro platformer. Thus, the graphics are very cartoon-like, with characters having a simple, yet excellent and loveable design, and the backgrounds and other textures having much detail and work into them. The game also has a variety of achievements to obtain, as well as Steam Marketplace integration with a plethora of Steam Cards awarded for playing the game and completing some achievements.
Caveblazers is an action focused platformer roguelike set in a fantasy world. Each game is unique with procedurally generated levels to explore and a massive amount of items, weapons and equipment to discover.
The game takes place in a recently discovered cave, said to hold "unimaginable power". You play as an adventurer setting out to explore the cave and find out what riches it holds. However, you are not the only one...
As you delve deeper in to the cave, you'll discover new areas to explore, new weapons and new monsters to try them out on.Smart Characters!Throughout your journey you will encounter AI characters. Some friendly, some hostile. We're using an advanced pathfinding system which means friendly characters will be able to follow you wherever you go, and hostile characters will be able to track you down wherever you hide. There is no escape. Be afraid!Platformer Roguelike! Caveblazers is a modern platformer which incorporates some Roguelike and RPG elements such as permanent death, randomized potion identities, an RPG-style inventory system and tons of items, equipment and upgrades!Daily Challenge Runs!Each day a new adventure will be generated! It will be the same for everyone and you'll only get one chance at it! These challenge runs give you a starting loadout, and feature a set of different traits.Epic Boss Battles!Between each area you'll encounter a boss. Each boss is very unique, requiring a different strategy to defeat. Bosses are generally gigantic monstrosities with life bars stretching across the entire screen. Good luck!Character Customization!A whole load of unlockable hats, tunics, trousers, robes, and more! Or perhaps you fancy stripping off and heading in to the caves in the nude? Go for it!Compelling Combat!Largely overlooked in other modern Roguelike games, Caveblazers attempts to move away from the simplistic combat systems we've seen in other games in the genre, and incorporates fun, fluid and fast-paced combat which is accentuated by the game's brutal and persistent blood effects.Challenges!In case that isn't enough content, Caveblazers features a bunch of challenges for the well seasoned players to take a punt at. These challenges reward players with new items, weapons & perks!
Explore, craft, and survive in this Multiplayer RPG Platformer with permanent death! Featuring many Rogue-like elements, Magicite randomly generates each underground dungeon for you and your friends to delve deep into. Chop trees, mine ores, and hunt beasts in order to collect the resources and materials you need to survive the harsh and unforgiving environment. With a ton of character traits, stats, companions, and classes, players will have a different experience each play through! Be prepared to die... A LOT.
Magicite's main influences were Monster Hunter and Spelunky. I loved the resource collection and crafting in Monster Hunter, and of course fighting giant monsters with my friends. Spelunky's brutal yet rewarding platforming was also something that I wanted to capture with Magicite.
- Randomly Generated Dungeons - Experience a new dungeon each time you play. Expect tons of trees to chop, ores to mine, plants to harvest, and bugs to catch! Oh and giant monsters.
- Permanent Death - The game logs all of your stats in a play through, leading the way for achievements and upgrades.
- Crafting System - Combine any two items to create a new one! For example, Wood + Wood = Plank. There are tons of combinations to discover!
- Combat System - If you plan on just running in and swinging you sword, you're gonna get wrecked. Take time to craft useful items and examine enemy positioning before executing a well timed attack.
- Unlockable Races, Hats, & Companions - The more you play, more greater chance you'll unlock awesome new hats with a variety of special effects. Races and Companions can also be unlocked to provide different starting items and stats!
- Multiplayer - Want to put your friendships to the test? This is the game to do it! Permanent death only occurs when the ENTIRE party has fallen. So if your buddy gets knocked out feel free to run over and help him back up. Or not...
20. The Escapists: The Walking Dead
Rick is in charge of a band of survivors featuring many of the original comic book cast, including Maggie, Hershel, Glenn and Michonne. Rick must secure the safety of the group by seeking out a safe escape route from each area, and manage several dangerous tasks to keep as many of the group alive as possible. The game faithfully matches the timeline of the comics, meaning Rick must first fight his way out of the Harrison Memorial Hospital, visit the Greene family farm before visiting destinations such as the Meriwether Correctional Facility and Woodbury.
Protect the living and escape the dead as you play through the award-winning comic's epic story.Features
- 5 Locations: Tackle 5 of the most infamous locations from The Walking Dead story including: Meriwether County Correctional Facility, Woodbury, and Alexandria
- Epic Crafting: Choose from over two hundred + different items to make over 70 tools or weapons to aid your survival.
- Well known characters: Interact with all your favourite characters from the comics and recruit them to help you with important tasks.
- Routines: Make sure you and your survivors keep up your daily routines - it's important for morale!
- Guns!: Firearms will now be available to craft or discover - they are handy for keeping walkers at bay!
- Zombie hordes: Use your wits and your survivor companions to fend off hordes of hungry walkers.
- Steam Achievements: Be sure to check every desk and room if you want to get them all!
- Steam Leaderboards: Optimise your plans and strategies to complete the levels in the fastest time.
- Cloud Saves: Take your game on the go to make sure you can get your fix.
The Escapists: The Walking Dead Deluxe Edition includes:
- The complete official soundtrack of the game.
- A Digital Artbook containing comic strip scenes from the game and some bespoke artwork.
- The First Edition of The official The Walking Dead comic
*To access the artbook and comic, go to the properties of the game in your Steam library then hit Browse Local Content. You will then find the files in the Art folder.
*The Soundtrack can be found in the Music section in your Steam client.
21. Super Motherload
Set on Mars in an alternate Cold-War era, Super Motherload is a 1 to 4-player couch co-op digging adventure with storyline by Image Comics' Kurtis Wiebe, a fully voiced cast of Soviet and American characters, and a procedurally-generated world that changes each time you play. Purchase powerful upgrades and supplies for your mining pod as you progress and prosper, as well as rare Specials Abilities with random availability.
You, the player, work for Solarus Corporation, an inter-planetary mining operation that has developed the infrastructure needed to harvest the precious resources of Mars to meet demand back on Earth. Soon after being dropped on Mars, you begin to discover that things aren't quite as they seem.
Included free with the Steam version of Super Motherload is Motherload Goldium Edition, the 2004 cult classic that inspired games like Infiniminer.
- Up to 4-player co-op, perfect for Big Picture (local-only)
- Storyline by award winning Image Comic's writer Kurtis Wiebe of Peter Panzerfaust & Green Wake fame
- Full Voice Overs and a Full length original score by indie electronic artist Eric Cheng
- RPG-inspired mechanics, including upgrades, quests & special abilities
- Branching storyline choices with Multiple Game Endings
- Over 150 Explosive-based Puzzles to solve
- An Epic Boss Battle
- Normal and Hardcore game modes, for new players and fans of the original
- Support for 4 simultaneous Gamepads -- ideal for Big Picture
- Runs at 60FPS in Full HD (1080p)
- Super Motherload is the sequel to XGen Studios' original hit Motherload, and is available on Windows, PS4, and PS3
- Includes Motherload Goldium Edition
22. Dungeon Souls
Dungeon Souls is an action-adventure roguelike dungeon crawler.
Each level is completely procedurally generated so every playthrough is guaranteed to have unique environments and encounters. Search for and activate all the marks placed in each level to unlock the dungeon portal and escape from the Redeemer. Scavenge various items and upgrades to counter the dungeon's dark forces and challenging bosses. You must survive. Hurry.
Dungeon Souls was inspired by Nuclear Throne, Risk of Rain, Overture, BitVenture and Shoot First.
- Harness the powerful abilities of 10 unique characters
- Explore a plethora of different environments including dark dungeons, sewers and cathedrals
- Immerse yourself with deep character progression and permanent skill upgrades
- Experiment with 50+ unique passive items - Speed boosts, damage buffs, lifesteal bonuses...
- Battle hordes of dynamic enemies and challenging bosses hell-bent on destroying you
23. Hunger Dungeon
"Hunger Dungeon" is a 1-6 player round-based Multiplayer Online Battle Arena game.
Enter a cutthroat arena with more than 12 heroes including the Dwarf Forgemaster, Octo Pirate, Princess Ranger, and the Demonic Knight!
- Compete in absolute chaos in Free-for-All or group up and take on other players in classic Team Deathmatch.
- Mix and match Spell Scrolls and equipment between rounds to optimize your build (like a MOBA).
- Utilize positive and negative status effects to your advantage!
- Or...for those wishing for a greater challenge. Recruit up to 3 other players to take on Dragon Mode, facing off against one of three powerful element dragons for exclusive rewards!
*4 randomly-chosen characters are available for free players each week. Premium players can access the original 12 characters permanently.
- Collecting Gold increases damage dealt
- Collides with opponents head-on
- Leaves a trail of poisonous Dirty Water
- Fires a Death Cannon
- Conceals in the terrain
- Sets traps to immobilize enemies
- Temporarily reduces cooldown of Spell Scrolls
- Increased Mana regeneration
- 2D top-down battle style - with a pixel-art aesthetic
- Free-to-play - four free players available each week, in-game currency to earn permanent Hero unlocks
- Up to 6 player online matches - Free-for-All and Team Deathmatch
- A roster of distinctive characters - each with unique skills and effects
- 30+ Spell Scrolls - fireballs, lightning bolts, and ice bombs devastate your opponents
- 40+ items to equip - turn the tide with unique magical equipment with various effects
- 40+ stages to explore - battle in lush forests, painful volcanoes, or frozen tundras
24. The LEGO NINJAGO Movie Video Game
Find your inner ninja with the all-new LEGO NINJAGO Movie Video Game! Play as your favorite ninjas, Lloyd, Jay, Kai, Cole, Zane, Nya and Master Wu to defend their home island of Ninjago from the evil Lord Garmadon and his Shark Army. Master the art of Ninjagility by wall-running, high-jumping and battling the foes of Ninjago to rank up and upgrade the ninja's combat skills. Only in the LEGO NINJAGO Movie Video Game will you experience the film across 8 action packed locations each with its own unique Challenge Dojo. And with the Battle Maps, play against friends and family in competitions for up to four players!
25. RIOT - Civil Unrest
As the world’s economical crisis deepens and inequality tears the very fabric of society the discontentment of the masses manifests itself in violent public disturbances and civil disorder.
RIOT – Civil Unrest is the highly anticipated real-time strategy game that places the player right in the heart of some of the world’s most fractious riots -Indignados (Spain), Arab Spring (Egypt), Keratea (Greece) and NoTAV (Italy). Already heavily backed on Steam Greenlight, RIOT – Civil Unrest is coming to Steam this summer.
RIOT – Civil Unrest’s creator, Leonard Menchiari, experienced rioting first-hand at the NoTAV protests in Italy. He created the game to tell the stories and express the feelings experienced during these clashes. What triggers the crowd to behave with such anger and aggression? Often outnumbered, what does a police officer feel like during the conflict? RIOT – Civil Unrest presents the player with the opportunity to experience both sides of the fight - a fight in which there really are no winners. Who is right and who is wrong? Experience RIOT – Civil Unrest and draw your own conclusions.
Play as the Police
- Employ numerous crowd-control tactics, both passive and aggressive.
- Command Assault, Tactical, Ballistic, Arrest and Plain Clothes squads.
- Call in police trucks, water cannon, snatch squads and others.
- Choose whether to use smoke grenades, rubber and plastic bullets, tasers or even live ammunition.
Play as the Rioters
- Instruct Leaders, Agitators, Rioters (armed and passive) and Journalists.
- Incite rage and cause the masses to act aggressively or try to calm the situation with tactical crowd reformation and retreats.
- Attack authority with Molotov cocktails, fireworks, paper-bombs, rocks, street furniture and the power of the media.
- Twenty levels split over four campaigns Keratea (Greece), NoTAV (Italy), Indignados (Spain) and Arab Spring (Egypt).
- See the story unfold from both sides - play all twenty levels as the Rioters or the Police.
- Single player mode - play against the computer AI.
- Skirmish mode - play against a friend on the same computer.
- Multiplayer mode: play against a friend online.
Create your own Riots with the level editor
- Alter the look of the confrontation by importing your own background graphics.
- Position elements, vehicles and obstacles where you want them.
- Set the time of day and the weather.
- Choose and position rioters and police starting points as well as their orders and level of aggression.
26. Aqua Kitty - Milk Mine Defender
Aqua Kitty is a fast paced retro styled submarine arcade shooter with optional 2 player local Co-op.
Blast through hordes of mechanical sea monsters in your kitty sub and defend the deep sea milk mining kittens!
THE MILK MUST FLOW!
StoryDue to a sudden shortage of milk, cats around the world are forced to seek out new sources to get their fix.
You and your team of milk mining kittens have overcome a fear of water to drill down under the ocean seabed and begin extracting vast reserves of what seems to be naturally forming full-fat milk.
Get ready for fast paced submarine action, defending the kittens from disruptive mechanical sea creatures.Key Features
Optional 2 player local CO-OP.
Branching map progression of levels.
3 Main Game Campaign Modes
Normal Mode - the standard game of branching levels full of mechanical enemies with differing behaviours.
Easy Mode - a version of Normal mode in case you found it too hard, with more health and easier enemies.
Arcade Mode - a special survival mode where you must collect gems to purchase powerups.
Depth based power-up systems which gives partial control on the type and location of the power-ups created (allowing tactical advantage).
Classic infinite mode milk-free level, that never ever ends - for the hardcore challenge.
Dual firing submarine with a rechargeable secondary weapon that needs to be managed carefully (upgrades through game progress in Easy and Normal Modes, but upgrades via a shop system in Arcade Mode).
Varying sea depths per level which subtly affect gameplay.
Chain kill combo system allowing the more skilled player to maximise score.
Steam online leaderboards to challenge and achievements to obtain.
Hand drawn pixel art graphics, displayed at a crisp 720p.
Awesome chiptune music taking inspiration from the best of the C64 and Amiga days.Development historyHello, here is a short history of this indie games' development which we hope will be of interest.
Aqua Kitty was made by a core team of two people with audio created by Electric Cafe and the game box art by artist David Hankin.
It began as a small modern-retro styled PC game, designed to run at a crisp 1280x720 it was created with a love of the 16bit gaming era and late 80s video arcade games.
There were originally 3 core versions of the game available of different hardware - PC, XBox360 and Sony PSM.
Sony version is the oldest and smallest version. A critically acclaimed launch title for PSM (Vita).
XBox version is the Sony version with extra added levels + enemies + refinements.
PC version is the most feature rich and improves on the XBox one with new Weapons + Gradius style Arcade mode + yet further refinements and extra details (with the Steam version being unique in having online leaderboards and achievements).
All the new things we have added to the Steam version will also be rolled back into the other PC versions unless Steam specific (ie Online leaderboards, achievements, trading cards are STEAM ONLY).
27. Super Mutant Alien Assault
Three fleets of spaceships flee a doomed Earth carrying the last humans in cryostasis. Pursued by aliens, it’s up to the lowly security droids to save humanity. Taking up arms solo or with a friend, you must dance with death in a brutal and addictive arcade platformer shooter inspired by Super Crate Box and stuffed to the brim with unlockables.
Fight through rapid fire single screen levels each with a random combination of platform layout, objective, vending machines and enemies. Dodge and weave amongst the aliens to stay alive but don’t leave them standing too long or the ship’s radiation will mutate them into bigger, nastier versions.
Only by unlocking and mastering the wild variety of weapons, explosives, special abilities, defense moves and perks can you hope to survive across all three galaxies, rid your ship of the mutant menace and save the oblivious humans.Features
- rapid fire levels give you no rest as hordes of enemies arrive, hell-bent on your destruction. Clear the objective quickly and be sure to kill each enemy before it has the chance to mutate into a bigger, nastier version of itself. Take a tiny breather and then it’s on to the next room.
- in the tight confines of the space freighter, standing still is not an option. Your ability to dodge around enemies is as important as your aim. Survival requires quick thinking and rapid reflexes and a true master of the dance is a beautiful thing to behold.
- each single screen level is randomised, drawing on a pool of platform layouts, objective types and enemies as well as which vending machines will be present. You’ll never know which weapons or grenades will spawn in the vending machines whilst crate drops containing special abilities, sidearms, perks and defense moves are also random, adding further to the mind-boggling possible combinations.
- a wealth of weapons, sidearms, special abilities, perks, explosives, defense moves and character skins awaits you. Each new unlockable joins the melting pot of random ingredients, increasing your options but also the need to master each individual element and the way they combine with each other.
- take on the mutant hordes by yourself or team up in local co-op. Two player adds further complications to master as you must be careful to avoid friendly fire from explosives and will have to share/fight over item and health pack drops.
28. Loot Hero DX
A legendary Dragon is haunting the lands.
Towns are set ablaze, and its magic power resurrects the evil creatures of the world.
A hero is needed to travel to the corners of
the lands and slay the beast to restore peace.
RPG grind-fest! Run, Battle ever harder enemies, Collect XP and Loot, Buy better equipment, Level Up, Do it all over again!Features
- A huge cast of different enemies and bosses
- Tons of different equipment upgrades
- Includes Idle elements where your miners collect gold while you are away from the game
- Lovingly crafted Retro graphics
- Achievements to unlock
- Bestiary to fill out
- Cards to collect
- Controller support
- Possibly infinite gameplay
- Ridiculous amounts of Loot and XP!
Shoot, slice and surf on zombies by yourself or with friends. Fight overwhelming amounts of zombies and other monsters summoned by an evil wizard (ooOooOOOo spooky) in an early 1900s London.Features
- Gibs Everywhere!
- Co-op with up to 4 players (online or local)
- Overworld Map: Wander around the overworld map and get into random encounters
(just want to get somewhere? buy Zombie Repellent!)
- Mini-games: Mini-games appear on the overworld map. Try Zombie Surfing, Gatling Gun Defence, Treasure Digging or Mayhem!
- Bosses: Fight multiple monstrous zombie bosses
- Perks: Pick up coins and spend them on perks to increase weapon effectiveness, movement speed and the like
- Supa Weapons: Find strong power-up weapons in crates or earn them with killstreaks (if you have the killstreak perk)
- Character Customisation: Multiple heads and hair colours to choose from as well as tintable shirts
- Hats!: Find hats and face wear (that give you slight buffs) on the heads of zombies or in random encounters (complete challenges to unlock special hats)
THE ULTIMATE SPELLCRAFTING/WIZARD-SECURITY-GUARD ADVENTURE
Magicmaker is a spellcrafting-focused platformer dungeon-crawler where you can be the wizard you've always wanted to be!Literally 2 Million Different Spells to CraftMagicmaker is powered by an amazing Spellcrafting system that can make nearly anything. Have you ever wanted to shoot poisonous lightning lasers? Throw freezing fireballs? Build turrets that fire waves of miniature suns? Or summon hordes of adorable jelly minions? How about firing lasers that shoot exploding black holes that suck out your enemies' life force? You can totally do that in Magicmaker.How Do I Make Exploding Laser Black Holes That Steal Souls?Or any of that other sweet stuff?!
Its super easy.
- During your adventure you'll find materials.
- Each material has a specific effect, like lifesteal, bouncing off walls, or lighting stuff on fire.
- Combine materials to make spells and robes!
- 40 different materials means there's all kinds of fun interactions and combinations to make.
What kind of wizard will you be? Probably a really cool one, I bet.The Greatest Adventure of All: Steady EmploymentListen: you're unemployed, you're three months late with the 8999 magic-dollar rent on your wizard apartment, and your highest qualification is a certificate from a 3 week cheesemaking course. If you can't find a job soon, your landlord's gonna kick you out and you'll probably have to go live in a tree or something. But don't worry too much! The World of Magic presents all kinds of opportunities, as long as you're willing to journey to the local temp agency and take whatever career the job placement spell picks for you. And you lucky soul, the job placement spell has decided you'll make an excellent Security Guard!
"A Security Guard??"
That's right! A Security Guard for the illustrious Dörwall Community College, the preeminent wizarding school of the greater Dörwall metropolitan area! Now you can enjoy the many luxuries of employment, such as a magical adventures, the quiet disdain of your co-workers, and a semi-regular paycheck!LOOK AT ALL THESE BULLETPOINTSYa'll love bulletpoints, don't ya? Well feast your eyes on these:
- Spellcrafting System that can create over 2 million combinations! I know I said that earlier, but hot dang, that's a huge number.
- Robecrafting System for passive effects! That's right, there's 2 million unique combinations here too.
- Equip special artifacts with unique powers! Check out these totes ancient and mystical relics.
- Total Wizard Customization! Just go ahead and customize the heck out of your wizard. Totally.
- Randomly Generated Levels! I mean, this is an indie game in 2014. Isn't that kind of required now?
- Charming, colorful paper-craftesque art! There are at least 6 different colors. I counted.
. . .
Okay, I lied. There's actually 2,193,360 different combinations.
31. Die for Valhalla!
Die for Valhalla! is a beat ‘em up with a twist. You are a Valkyrie, a ghost-like witch, sent to help Vikings save their world.
As a Valkyrie you have various magical powers. You can take control of Vikings and other creatures. You can also use summoning spells to give you an upper hand in your battles.
In this journey you will seek the truth about the world and about yourself. Things are not always as they seem.
32. Cast of the Seven Godsends
Four levels of difficulty, six worlds to conquer, twelve mid and end-of-level bosses, seven god-like armour sets, five basic weapons and thirty-five magic combat spells!
The evil emperor Zaraaima has kidnapped the infant heir to the land of Dareca. King Kandar must call upon the aid of the seven gods of Dareca as he traverses the six worlds of his kingdom in a bid to save his son. He must face the emperor's hordes as he battles through dark woods, slimy swamps, sinister mills, infernal volcanos, snowy mountains, golden cities and demonic castles. Each world is guarded by level bosses each sworn to bring about the king's swift demise. To help him in his quest King Kandar can invoke god-given armour, wield different weapons and cast fanatical spells. Can the King save his son and his kingdom or will Dareca fall into the evil emperor's grasp?
- Easy controls - only two buttons to play (shoot and jump)
- Six very different and long worlds to conquer
- Checkpoint save positions throughout worlds
- Five basic weapons to master
- Seven god-like armour sets
- 15 different bonus items to boost your hero
- Thirty-five magic combat spells to utilise
- Over 50 different enemies
- Twelve mid and end-of-level bosses
- Four difficulty levels
- Different endings
- Hand-drawn pixel graphics with a 16-bit look-and-feel
- Special art gallery with achievements to unlock
- Easter eggs to discover
33. The Sandbox Evolution - Craft a 2D Pixel Universe!
Use your godly powers to craft amazing pixel worlds or destroy the universe! Welcome to The Sandbox Evolution, the #1 pixel art world creation game.
Play with physics, over 200 elements and controllable heroes. Make your own games or levels, and then share your creations online. There are no limits to your creativity and imagination!
- Click to drop elements, use your keyboard and mouse to zoom and scroll, control heroes with your gaming controller or keyboard.
- Create or destroy with your mouse!
- Amazing HD pixel art graphics featuring multiple visual effects, parallax scrolling and more
- Build worlds up to 10x bigger than in the previous Sandbox game
- Draw original art or fanboy tributes to your favorite retro characters with over 100 colors
- Create your own levels using Blocks and other Platforming elements
- Compose chiptune melodies and become a retro maestro
- Share your creations in the Online Gallery
- Save and Sync your progress online with Steam or Email
- Follow your favorite Players and Top Creators via the Social Menu
- Full support for the Steam Controller to create worlds and control the heroes characters inside levels made by others playersCREATE YOUR WORLD PIXEL AFTER PIXEL!- Build a 2D pixel world by mixing and matching over 200 elements to discover their interactions
- Use predefined templates or start from scratch: Music, Pixel Art, Sandbox, Caveman or Avatar
- Manipulate Natural elements: Mud, Water, Sand, Fire, Metal, Electricity, Acid, Lava and more
- Many Heroes with different skillsets: Shoot with Arnold, fly with Fujin or play with Hamster, the cutest of allOR UNLEASH THE WRATH OF GOD WITH THESE ELEMENTS- NUKE: Arguably mankind's worst invention, this mega-bomb has devastating effects.
- TORNADO: A super whirlwind makes everything fly away as you guide it through your worlds!
- EARTHQUAKE: Drop an epicenter generator over your worlds to unleash chaos throughout the landscape.
- LIGHTNING: Godlike power at your fingertips! Spawn lightning bolts by tapping anywhere.A MAJOR EVOLUTION OVER ITS PREDECESSOR: THE SANDBOX!- even more freedom and creativity, through improved physics and side-scrolling worlds 10x bigger than its predecessor.
- much-improved beautiful pixel art graphics featuring multiple visual effects, parallax scrolling and more
- 5 dedicated Creators modes to embrace every maker player: Create Sandbox, Make Game, Make Laser, Make Chiptunes, Draw Pixel Art
- 9 exclusive campaigns levels themed around several aspects of the gameplay: Genesis, Disasters, Machines, Lasers, Pixel Art as well as the story of some of the new heroes controllable characters: Ninja or Caveman
- easy-to-use game maker that enables players to create a retro-style platformer level in just a matter of seconds!!
- over 200 elements (many of them are new and not present in its predecessor) for players to choose from when designing their worlds, to pick between various entities, game-making blocks, platforms, enemies, portals and characters, pixel art drawing colors, and more.
- innovative “Daily Quests” mode to play some of the most challenging levels made by other players
- full support for the Steam Controller for players to create worlds and control the heroes characters inside levels made by others players.
- new Friends social menu where players can follow their favorite Players and Top Creators
THE GAME MAKER YOU WANTED- Begin with ready-to-use 4x4 pixel blocks, then add platforms, traps and enemies to spice things up
- Create your own levels using Game Design elements: Controllable Heroes, Platforms, Portals, various Blocks or Spikes
- Place a controllable hero character in your level to instantly add intuitive, direct control
- Congratulations! You just made your very own 8bit pixel platformer level in less than a minute :)ADD LIFE & BUILD YOUR WORLD- Bring Life to your worlds with Dogs, Wolves, Bears, Cows, Deer or Sabertooth Tigers
- Spread foliage and numerous tree varieties to bring beauty to your new world
- Decorate with Houses, Castles and Igloos, and create life on your world with AI HumansINTRODUCE TECHNOLOGY... OR DESTROY IT ALL- Utilize tech like Batteries, Crosswires, Resistance, Bulbs, Heaters, Coolers, LEDs and multiple Sensors
- Play with Lasers: click to rotate the angle of the light beam and start creating exciting new pixel universes and puzzles!
- Destroy everything you can with C4, Meteorites, Nitro, TNT or even a NukeCAMPAIGNS & DAILY QUESTS- Experience the creation of the universe through a full campaign of 15 levels
- Explore a prehistoric world with the Caveman, and fight Bears and Wolves to recover his child in the Caveman Campaign
- Learn how to draw pixel art like a real artist in the zen drawing Pixel Art Campaign
- Help Fujin, the Ninja of the Wind, collect the Jade Jars and keep them away from evil beings
- New Daily Quests, pulled from the best player creations. Challenge the best in the world, or build your levels for a chance to be featured
BROWSE THE GALLERY AND SHARE ONLINE- Share your worlds with other players
- Search worlds by keyword or by tags (pixel art, music, arcade, technology or landscape)
- Filter worlds based on the Newest or Hottest creations
- Play the most inspiring worlds and interact with them in various ways
- Rate the creations on 5 stars
JOIN OUR COMMUNITY OF 745,000 FANS!
Each new Update of The Sandbox Evolution will bring even more elements, heroes and campaigns!
You’ll see… no one could ever dream a better world than yours!
Download The Sandbox Evolution and build your world today!
34. Square Heroes
You are a genetically engineered killing machine with time on your hands. Having fulfilled your original purpose of saving the human race, you now get your kicks taking down all challengers in the Galactic Hero's Tournament.
Hone your skills and level-up your Hero in single player, or skip straight to the main event and challenge your friends in one of the hilarious and frantic online skirmish modes.
- Designed for multiplayer from the ground up. All maps support six players including bots as desired. Up to four human players can play locally without split screen. What's more, multiple local players can join online matches together, enabling online couch vs couch gaming.
- Game modes include co-op, free-for-all, and team based options. Hunt for gnomes, survive alien onslaughts and fight to the death in any of the six stylish 2.5D arenas.
- Choose your weapons at the start of each round and unlock them by collecting loot. Rounds begin with Melee combat and progress through: ranged, heavy, explosive and special item categories. Strategically choose your load-out to defeat your foes!
- Level-up your Hero and unlock over 30 new weapons including: Grenade Launcher, Sticky Bomb and Chicken. Earn over 30 heroic achievements to unlock stat buffing hats!
- Controls support gamepads and mouse/keyboard with bindable keys and buttons.
35. Weapon of Choice
The world is being taken over by gene-combining beings from beyond the stars!
Hideous new creatures are popping up everywhere, and it's up to the Solus Operatives to grab their unique weapons and split some disgusting alien skulls!
High-resolution and carefully hand-drawn art style breathes life and originality into this bizarre game world.
Dynamically branching levels are tied together by an intriguing story with multiple endings, giving the player tons of replay-ability and chances to master each operative’s Weapon of Choice.
CHOICE is your Weapon! Play through non-linear levels and make dynamic in-level branch decisions!
Each playable character has their own special weapon of choice with primary and alternative fire modes! Jet-engine guns, plasma-saws, limpet grenades and more!
Rescue unique playable characters and add to total number of playable lives!
Experience Death Brushing! Unlike traditional one-hit kill games, Weapon of Choice gives you the opportunity to get out of a tight spot. Death Brushing automatically kicks in when danger is near.
Reap revenge for your downed Operatives with the Vengeance Missile!
Scale walls and attack from anywhere with the automated Spiderpack!
Replay to experience different storylines with completely distinct endings!
Rock out to original music with a heavy metal guitar soundtrack!
New for the Steam version, widescreen 16:9 format!
All new Steam Achievements--try finding the MBG pies in each level for a new adventure!
Enough gameplay to rot your teeth!
Embark on an adventure with what little you have and discover what the world of Crea has to offer. Through each action, improve your talents and master many skills. Through each victory, grow in strength and shape yourself. Through each inquiry, unlock new items to craft and build. Through each expedition, explore new realms and uncover Crea’s lore.
- Level up by defeating enemies
- Learn over 80 skills through the talent system
- Loot and craft powerful gear with unique attributes
- Discover the world’s expansive mythos and history
- Defeat challenging original monsters each with their own attacks
- Survive by timing shield blocks and dodge rolling
- Vanquish by your weapon of choice: Sword, Spear, Bow, or Magic
- Challenge massive bosses and prepare to die
- Research materials to discover their crafting capabilities
- Find old recipe scrolls scattered throughout the world
- Upgrade equipment to carry over their stats
- Use chaos crafting (minigame) to create even more powerful items
- Explore massive procedurally generated worlds
- Quickly teleport through the use of Way Crystals, Way Shards and Rifts
- Delve into dungeons that not only look different but play different every time
- Travel to completely new Realms beyond the bounds of the main world
- Built from the ground up with modding in mind
- All gameplay logic and content exposed in Python
- Easily create new content or entirely new gameplay systems
- Learn from extensive modding tutorials and API documentation
- Join in on the Development Streams
- Track progress and what’s planned on the Roadmap
- Get the latest development news on Twitter
37. Trench Run
Make friends, then blow them to bits!
Trench Run is a mayhem-filled, laugh a minute casual multiplayer action game brought to you by the makers of King Arthur’s Gold and Soldat.
Blow your enemies to bits in muddy trenches, then sip wine with them at the bar in the first multiplayer shooter with no death.
Listen to a relaxing feel-good gypsy jazz soundtrack as you watch your screaming enemies ride rockets and explode crashing into walls. Howl with laughter. Repeat.
Turn into a shrub. Have a dance off. Buy a pet crocodile.
See you at the bar!
- Unique team-based "Run" mode for 2-10 players
- Free-for-all Skirmish mode for 1-4 players (perfect for a fun evening with friends)
- 5 classes with special skills to choose from (Assault, Sniper, Demolitions, Commando and Medic)
- Semi-random destructible maps
- Down on the ground? Grab a medikit and continue fighting!
- Play basketball and meet new friends between rounds
- Spend coins on drinks and cigarettes from the VIP bar
- Buy customized costumes and pet animals
- Online and Local couch-based multiplayer available
- Designed to be easy to pick up and play, but deep enough to play seriously
- Fast-paced gameplay: kill poor creatures and try not to die too fast!
- You are in the League of Goodness, dude: there are some brutal characters with the biggest nuts at your disposal, each has its own skill, guns and the powerful spells.
- Against you – there is a fricking army of psychos, deadly traps, voracious demons and challenging bosses!
- It sucks to fight with the whole mess alone, right? Find a random companion and the power-ups: burn or freeze your enemies, sic your cute pug on them, call the dreadful ghost (in fact he is nice) to grind their bones into the dust!
- Splatter blood all over the levels, you fucking maniac!
- Music? There is some music in the game… watch your ears!
39. Remnants of Naezith
Feel the acceleration in this fast-paced grappling hook platformer, Remnants of Naezith.
It focuses on having freedom of movement, solid character control and not having any speed limitations. The fun of swinging with grappling hooks and the amazing feel of acceleration makes a great combination in this game.
You play as Kayra, a human who shares his body with the soul of the ancient thunder dragon, Naezith! With the powers granted to him by the dragon, Kayra will destroy the Remnants of Naezith, enchanted fragments of the dragon's body, to prevent anyone from exploiting their power for evil.
- LEVEL SELECTION
Proceed through four chapters with 20 branching levels in each.
- SECRET LEVELS
Find the hidden remnants to unlock secret levels.
Watch top player replays and improve your skills to ascend.
- GLOBAL RANKINGS
Get a badge depending on your overall performance and compete worldwide.
Race against other people's best times or your own.
- SPEEDRUN MODE
Try going through the entire game or a specific chapter as fast as possible.
- CUSTOM LEVELS
Explore the countless levels made by the community and design your own.
Eccentric British humour blended with a cinematic narrative that has never been seen before in a platform adventure game!
Horace is a story-driven, platform game peppered with nostalgic, popular culture references which will bring a smile to any gamer who enjoys the 8 and 16 bit era.
Learn how to master your strongest robot abilities and reunite Horace with his long-lost family. Adventure across the world - and time and space - to save mankind from total destruction. Run and jump your way through a comical but touching story told by the charming robot protagonist and use your wits to overcome classic 2D platforming challenges, all whilst cleaning up the mess left behind from the Robot War! Experience tons of variety along the way with parodies of classic mini games ranging from rhythm action to FPS.
Adventure through the charming single player narrative.
Laugh, cry and cheer! Watch this touching story unfold.
Explore stunning 2D pixel worlds.
Inspired by the ‘golden age’ of UK software development with hidden surprises to be found.
Meet dozens of weird and wonderful characters.
Bond with every character you meet and find Horace’s family.
Challenging platforming based puzzles.
Gain new abilities on your adventure and defy the laws of physics to overcome all obstacles.
Defeat those that stand in your way in tough boss battles.
Hone your skills and take on 12 thrilling and difficult boss battles!
Revisit arcade classics from the 90s!
Play over 10 mini games, each a witty parody of a classic arcade game and become the ultimate video games champion!
41. Pixel Gladiator
Brutal gladiatorial battles is a top-rated show, extremely popular all over the Universe. You’ve been sent to the abandoned planet as one of the participants of the show. Your goal is to survive as long as possible, fighting back deadly creatures in the focus of billions of viewers.
Kill your enemies to earn the money for weapons and upgrades. You are funded by your audience, so you have to keep yourself admired by slaughtering the monsters.
Take the challenge and come out victorious from a blood bath with ferocious beasts! Become a champion of the show, full of blood, pain and insensate cruelty. Morituri te salutant!
-Unique weapons and player upgrades
-Turrets and traps to maintain security offscreen
-Treacherous and deadly bosses
-Fight on cameras to gain more money
42. Tobe's Vertical Adventure
Tobe's Vertical Adventure is an indie, retro, platformer starring Tobe, the overly devoted gamer who's been forced on a treasure hunt by his materialistic crush, Nana. The big headed duo will travel back and forth in the crumbling caves in search of treasures while rescuing fluffy animals, making you scream kawaii ne~ along the way. With 2 unique characters and a total of 4 islands and 16 levels to explore, Tobe's Vertical Adventure shall bring you back to the 16-bit era.Key features:
- Hours of classic platforming action through 16 levels across 4 islands
- Play as Tobe or Nana, each with a unique storyline and move sets
- Co-op Mode with a friend, as both Tobe and Nana
- 16 bit graphical retro goodness
- Experience the story through cutscenes and unlock the collectable soundtracks and artbook
43. Orange Moon
Orange Moon is a surreal 2D action-platformer with RPG elements and complex puzzles. Take on the role of an explorer as you discover the mysterious world of Orange Moon – filled with hostile native life forms and harsh, treacherous environments. To increase your chances of survival, choose from a variety of weapons, equipment, and upgrades to aid your dangerous exploration. Can you uncover all of Orange Moon’s secrets?
- Explore a mysterious world filled with hostile life forms.
- Survive by acquiring and utilizing an array of unique weapons, equipment, ammunition, and upgrades.
- Solve complex puzzles to successfully uncover the secrets surrounding you.
- Fight bizarre enemies – from carnivorous plants to deadly biomechanoids – and defeat fearsome bosses.
- Overcome harsh and treacherous environments with obstacles such as acid swamps, toxic clouds, and deep craters.
RunGunJumpGun is a tough as nails 2D Action Platformer that puts a teeth-rattling, gravity-defying weapon in your hands. With a cast of crazed characters, simple but beautifully difficult gameplay, and a pulsing musical score, RunGunJumpGun is a loud, trippy mess of twitchy platforming goodness.
The two-button setup is treacherously simple. One button shoots your massive gun downwards, propelling you through the air. The other shoots forward, destroying anything that’s in your path. But there is no stopping in this beautifully surreal world littered with deadly traps and soul-crushing obstacles around every corner. Players will have to constantly alternate between the two firing modes to maneuver through meticulously crafted levels where death is a promise not a possibility. There is only running, gunning, jumping, and gunning, in a mad dash to survive long enough to die again.
The game takes place in the Extax System, a solar system where the Sun has begun to swell and devour planets. With most of the planets already devoured, the remaining worlds have descended into madness and superstition. Each denizen has their own theory on why the sun seems so enraged, but they all hang on one central element: Atomiks, the primary resource in the entire system.
You play as a scavenger, a rogue from outside the Extax System who seems to have only one goal: get Atomiks. What do the Atomiks mean to the scavenger? Does he want to scoop up precious resources for himself, or use them as a way to appease the sun and end the suffering of the system? Or Maybe they’re just shiny pick-ups in a video game to him.
- Beautifully Difficult: Every second counts, and the game will test your reflexes to the fullest
- Nonstop Action: Merciful respawns let you die fast and keep you constantly in the action
- Two button gameplay: One button lets you fly, the other blasts obstacles into heaps of rubble.
- Three Unique Game Worlds: Each world presents its own distinct challenges which require players to change their playstyles
- Over 120 levels of Mayhem: Each level is meticulously crafted to hone and test the player’s speed and tenacity.
- Marathon Mode: For players looking to compete for the global high score.
- Surreal visuals: Trippy and hyper-colourful fantasy-sci-fi art style
- Hyperkinetic soundtrack: Pulsing musical score blending hip hop, electronic and movie-score vibes.
- Warped space-opera narrative: The game features a cast of crazed, beautifully illustrated characters.
- Masochistic Collectables: The quest to collect “Atomiks” littered throughout levels lends an extra level of insanity to already merciless level design. A gift to self-hating completionists.
- Accessible single-hand gameplay: Appropriate for players with disabilities.
- Made by free range developers fed a pure mixture of VVVVVV, Hotline Miami, and Super Meat Boy.
45. Miner Meltdown
Miner Meltdown is a 2D team-based online competitive multiplayer game. Scour the map for minerals, upgrade your gear, and attempt to blow up the opposing team all the while avoiding monsters, traps, and environmental pitfalls along the way. Maps are randomly generated and 100% destructible, so every match is a fully unique, fast-paced, and chaotic affair.
- 4 vs 4 online multiplayer
- Randomly generated and 100% destructible terrain
- Over 20 unique weapons and gadgets to choose from
- Fast-paced gameplay using ropes and jetpacks to move around the map with ease.
- Bots, so you can play online or solo
- "Deathmatch", "Crazy King" & "Diamond Dash" game-types
- Tons of thrust-dancing
Two teams of 4 spawn on opposite sides of the randomly generated mine. Players must explore the map in search for gold, which can be used to purchase better weapons and equipment. Teams that collect more gold will generally have an edge in battle.
Teams collect points by killing enemy players, or neutral monsters. The team with the most points at the end of the round is victorious.
Gameplay is fast-paced, so hold onto your butts.
46. Creepy Road
When everything goes insane and the world falls apart, a man must take up arms to protect his loved ones. Embark with Flint Trucker on a crazy journey to reunite him with sweet Angelina, and try not to succumb to the madness that awaits you!HUGE BOSSES
Don't let their size scare you! Observe their fighting style, find a weak spot and show no mercy when you finally get your chance to attack. Go get ‘em, Flint!CRAZY WEAPONS
Ranging from standard revolvers and shotguns to deadly contraptions with crazy and unexpected effects. You can even saddle a rocket to disintegrate flying enemies. The choice is up to you!BEAUTIFULLY HAND-DRAWN GRAPHICS
For Creepy Road, we have created a truly mad world with over 30 original kinds of funny and furious enemies, from animals and birds to psychos. Most of them have their own original attacks too. Just try to defeat them all! All the locations contain original hand-drawn graphics, and each one has unique details, objects, and a memorable atmosphere. All the characters and locations were painstakingly designed with a great love of details!Main character
Flint Trucker is a good guy with a rich inner life. Maybe he’s read The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho, perhaps he likes to listen to Tchaikovsky, and it’s possible he even goes to Dali's artwork for inspiration... He’s mysterious... but one thing’s for certain, he loves to destroy all who dare to stand in his way!Music
Each location in Creepy Road is accompanied by an original musical theme, helping players immerse themselves in the atmosphere of what is happening and setting the rhythm of gameplay. The game contains more than 15 original musical tracks.
47. Warlocks vs Shadows
Warlocks vs Shadows is an action RPG/brawler game set in a fantasy world invaded by shadow monsters. Playing as an incredibly powerful Warlock and, by using magic skills and weapons, you fight through hordes of enemies. The game places great focus on co-op and versus play between players, where you can fight in 1-4 player DeathMatch or in teams of 1v1 or 2v2.
In the singleplayer/co-op campaign you have to clear your way through 5 different dimensions with unique enemies, bosses, and environments. You level up your character by slaying evil monsters and getting better and better items.
- Pixel art graphics
- 1-4 players (co-op, versus)
- Online co-op and versus mode
- Procedurally generated loot
- 5 different worlds to explore
- 11 playable characters with different gameplay
- Cross-platform multiplayer (Linux, Mac, Windows)
48. No Heroes Here
Rally your friends and hold your ground!
No Heroes Here is a frenetic co-op game where you have to melt ores, craft cannonballs, refine gunpowders, fire cannons, clean cannons, lit braziers, freeze water, hatch eggs and fry chickens to protect your castle and kingdom from imminent doom!!!
Once Upon a Time
The Nooblands was once the biggest Kingdom in the world, until an evil and mysterious mastermind made a sudden attack and a great loss was a fact. Desperately the king gathered all heroes to recover his lost lands. On every battle, the King brought with himself his three lucky charms: a silver medallion, teddy bear and his crown. The king’s army was unbeaten.
However, the king’s lucky charms were lost in the midst of a battle and without them, the king was insecure. Losing battle after battle, his armies were getting smaller and as a last stand he sends his last hero in a mission to recover his luck charms.
- Local and online multiplayer
- 54 different castles
- 3 different worlds with different mechanics
- 3 Big bad bosses
- 14 Stunningly HD pixels characters
- 1 Hero ghost
- 6 Challenges
- 2 Game modes
- 3 Special Bullets
- 12 unique enemies
49. Dying Light 2
Dying Light 2 brings to life a unique post-apocalyptic vision of the Modern Dark Ages - a brutal, bleak and unforgiving reality where you are as likely to perish at the hand of a human as you are by the infected.
In this exhausted world, your quick thinking, exceptional parkour abilities and brutal combat skills are the only things that let you dive into darkness and emerge alive. Make morally grey decisions and witness how they impact the world at multiple levels, shape the transformation of the City, and ultimately decide its fate.
Sparklite is a roguelite brawler-adventure. Using an arsenal of gadgets, guns, and gear, you will battle foes in top-down action combat, solve puzzles and explore dangerous corners of the world. Having crash-landed your first job will be to search for missing gyrocopter parts before you take on the task of saving the Sparklite.
Everything in the world is tied together by Sparklite... it's the life force of the planet and the inhabitants have learned how to channel it for their own gain. It can be harnessed sustainably, which gives it low power that lasts forever, or it can be consumed immediately for a huge surge of power but then it is destroyed.
The "Baron" has devised a plot to mine the world’s Sparklite core. He mines Sparklite and burns it to fuel his powerful war machines. The resulting pollution is corrupting the world. Animals have turned into violent monsters and the environment is slowly rotting away. Thankfully the world has a natural defense - its Sparklite core. Periodically, the core causes a disruption which rearranges the layout of the world, setting back the Baron’s efforts. If the Baron can obtain the core, he’ll gain the power to create a new world where he has ultimate power.
Our hero, Ada, must travel to each zone of the world to shut down the Sparklite digsites, lowering the Baron’s defenses so that she can stop him before it’s too late...