The best games like Beholder are:
- arrow_rightMark of the Ninja
- arrow_rightResident Evil Revelations 2 / Biohazard Revelations 2
- arrow_rightA Story About My Uncle
- arrow_rightDevil May Cry 3: Dante's Awakening Special Edition
- arrow_rightMagic Duels
- arrow_rightThe Witcher Adventure Game
100 Best Games Like Beholder:
Filter by Platform Select a Platformarrow_drop_down
- PC (100)
- Xbox One (19)
- PlayStation 4 (27)
- iOS (39)
- Android (24)
- macOS (71)
- Linux (47)
- Nintendo Switch (17)
- Nintendo 3DS (2)
- Nintendo DS (4)
- Xbox 360 (22)
- Xbox (1)
- PlayStation 3 (27)
- PlayStation 2 (6)
- PlayStation (6)
- PS Vita (6)
- PSP (3)
- Wii U (2)
- Wii (9)
- GameCube (2)
- Nintendo 64 (3)
- Game Boy (3)
- SNES (2)
- NES (2)
- Classic Macintosh (2)
- Commodore / Amiga (6)
- Atari ST (3)
- Genesis (3)
- SEGA CD (1)
- SEGA 32X (1)
- SEGA Master System (2)
- 3DO (1)
- Web (1)
1. Mark of the Ninja
Mark of the ninja is a side-scrolling stealth-action. The game follows an unnamed ninja who is tasked to revenge a private military company that attacked ninja’s clan dojo.
The gameplay can be described as a mix of 2D platformer and stealth-action. Throughout the whole game, it is much more useful to neutralize enemies silently. The ninja protagonist has different abilities and tools which allow him to kill enemies from hiding spots, distract enemies, slow them down, and so on. They can be unlocked in exchange for honor – points that you get for performing different types of silent kills, completing tasks, challenges, finding collectibles.
The enemies are sensitive to sound, they interact with each other and can be terrified if the witness an assassination of their allies. There are different types of collectibles in the game and few secret challenge rooms in each level. Usually, they consist of some puzzles which can be solved by using the ninja’s unique abilities and items.
2. Resident Evil Revelations 2 / Biohazard Revelations 2
Resident Evil Revelations 2 / Biohazard Revelations 2 is a four-part episodic survival horror, a part of the Resident Evil franchise and the tenth installment in the series. It follows Claire Redfield, the protagonist of Resident Evil 2, that was kidnapped and forced to survive among monsters on Sushestvovanie Island. There are two endings depending on the decisions made throughout the game.
Two bonus episodes extend the story and tell about Natalia Korda, a little girl with supernatural powers, and Moira Burton, Claire’s colleague. These episodes have a more suspenseful atmosphere as you need to survive without using guns.
There are two pairs of playable characters in Revelations 2: Claire and Moira Burton, and Barry Burton and Natalia Korda. While only one character in each pair has weapons, it's important to complete missions stealthy if possible. Supportive characters, though, has special abilities, such as fighting with bricks or finding hidden items. The game supports cooperative gameplay on consoles and features the Raid mode, which allows customizing your skills and weapons.
3. A Story About My Uncle
A Story About My Uncle is a first-person adventure with a heavy focus on moving using a grappling hook and a non-violent approach thus making the plot and landscapes the critical focus of the gaming experience. There is no series of this game: it is the only title in the IP by Gone North also known as Goat Simulator creators.
The core gameplay features are the energetic costume giving its owner the ability to jump higher and use the grappling hook, and various updates to this outfit, for example, jetpack boots. While mastering this Spider-Man-like potential, the hero encounters various non-hostile NPCs and environment, the only menacing obstacle in the game is a one-eyed worm, lurking in one of the caves. However, the worst scenario is that it blows you off the cliff. Worm likes to take a nap so getting over him is not a big deal.
The plot follows a boy looking for his uncle, Freud. His nephew, after a little research in his flat, has discovered the super costume and traveled to another dimension. There are some optional collectibles scattered across the world. We shall also meet Maddy, who helps us find a missing character
4. Devil May Cry 3: Dante's Awakening Special Edition
Dante's past is now revealed as Devil May Cry returns to its roots. Master Dante's multiple fighting styles while battling never before seen demons and new characters as you fight your way towards a brutal confrontation with Dante's mysterious twin brother, Vergil.
Choose Dante's fighting style - maximize the impact of close-up blade attacks, or blow enemies away from a distance.
Huge arsenal of weapons - handguns, shotguns, swords, and more.
A horde of demonic enemies - more ferocious than ever - with powerful weapons and abilities to transform and fly.
Virginia is a silent game that offers the player to become an FBI detective and solve a mystery. It was inspired by supernatural thrillers like Twin Peaks and X-Files.
As its name suggests, the game is set in Virginia, in a fictional country town called Kingdom. A small boy named Lucas Fairfax disappeared recently. The main protagonist, a young and inexperienced FBI agent Anne Tarver, has to uncover the mystery and find the child. Since she lacks the necessary experience, Tarver is accompanied by a higher ranking agent Maria Halperin. The two don't trust each other, but they have to overcome their differences and work together.
Virginia's gameplay is similar to interactive movies and "walking simulators." The player controls Anne and travels around the city, accompanied by Halperin, to find clues and learn more about what's going on in the city. The player has no actual control over the actions of the protagonist. Instead, he or she can only navigate Tarver over the city and then watch her act. The game is very short, and two hours is usually enough to complete it.
The game is made in an intentionally low-poly visual style. There are no dialogues, neither in subtitles nor voice acting. The player can only understand the narrative through the facial expressions and body language of the characters, as well as the other clues.
6. Magic Duels
Magic Duels is a video game based on collectible card game Magic: The Gathering. It follows Magic: The Gathering – Duels of the Planeswalkers and its sequels. Unlike the predecessors, Magic Duels has a story mode that focuses on five original Planeswalkers. In general, the game features over 1300 earnable cards.
The gameplay repeats the one from the card game but is simplified. You participate in duels either with real players or AI opponents. Each player has a deck of cards consisting of lands and spells. To cast spells you need mana that lands produce. The duel stops when one player’s life is over. In the story mode you need to hold matches against an AI opponent using decks of five Planeswalkers.
Besides the story, there are several single-player missions and online duels. For example, you can test your strategy during the Two-headed Giant mode when four players split into teams competing with each other.
EVERSPACE™ is an action-focused single-player space shooter, combining roguelike elements with top-notch visuals and a captivating story. It takes you on a challenging journey through an ever-changing, beautifully crafted universe full of surprises. Your skills, experience, and talent for improvisation will be tested continuously as you piece together the puzzle of your existence through encounters with interesting characters, each having their own unique part of the story to tell.
In each exciting run, you will face entirely new situations, ensuring countless hours of thrilling gameplay and generating myriad opportunities for individual, meaningful moments to experience. No matter how skilled you are, death is inevitable but is also only the beginning of a much larger journey.
- Dash into intense dogfights and experience furious space combat using a wide range of weaponry and devices.
- Collect and mine valuable resources to either repair your ship’s systems or to craft new equipment and modifications for a much-needed advantage. Your choice.
- Find blueprints for crafting, and hunt for exotic weaponry and equipment. You never know what will drop next.
- Travel through vast, procedurally-generated levels with untold numbers of hidden dangers and treasures. A game of risk and reward awaits.
- With the tools provided, it is up to you to make the best of your situation. Utilize every advantage and be creative to turn the odds in your favor. Every mistake could be your last.
- Single-player roguelike space shooter with persistent progression
- Captivating fully voice-acted story featuring interesting and thoughtfully designed characters
- Three unique player ships, each with different capabilities and starting gear to choose from
- Vibrant art style with top-notch visuals and incredible attention to detail
- Shooter-style 6DOF controls optimized for mouse + keyboard
- In-depth crafting and damage system
- Dynamic, functional cockpit displays for all player ships
9. Organ Trail: Director's Cut
Organ Trail: Director's Cut is a parody zombie indie game developed by The Men Who Wear Many Hats. Initially, the game was developed on Adobe Flash but was later ported to Facebook as an app.
Director's Cut features
In the Director's Cut, the players are able to create a completely new character instead of choosing from the presets. Randomized zombie spawns, boss encounters, and achievements were also added to the game. The original game was described as a parody on the educational game named The Oregon Trail, while the Director's Cut should be considered as a new title that pushes the concept of its source.
While the original game was free-to-play, the players have to buy the Director's Cut in order to play it.
The main objective of the game is to reach a zombie-free haven. In order to do so, the main character has to cross The United States in his old wagon. It is essential to manage food, water, ammunition, and car fuel in order to survive and arrive at your destination. Do not forget to take care of your party, by the way.
At the beginning of the game, the players have to either choose a preset character or create a new one. It is possible to choose from a cop, a lawyer or just a clerk. Every character has their own upsides and downsides. For example, while playing as a cop, the player will be able to search for supplies for a little longer, but the overall score will be smaller after beating the game.
10. Heavy Metal Machines
Heavy Metal Machines is a free-to-play multiplayer action racing game developed by Hoplon. The game is heavily influenced by the classic Rock n' Roll Racing and more modern titles, such as Rocket League, Twisted Metal and the whole genre of MOBAs.
The players are free to choose from several characters to play the game. Each one of them has their own backstory and reasons behind their decision to participate in the event.
The players control the heavily modified vehicles with guns installed on them. The objective of the game is to steal a bomb, that is located in the center of the arena and get it to the enemies base to destroy it.
Upon picking up the bomb, the player holding it has to ride around the whole perimeter of the arena and avoid destruction by the enemy forces. The player can be assisted in his efforts of bringing the bomb to the enemy base by their teammates that can cover the bomb carrier.
Each character present in the game (there are more than ten characters in the game's roster) has not only their own backstory, but a specific vehicle that differs in handling, gameplay, and most importantly, its role. Like in most MOBAs, there are several player roles: a tank, who pushes through the enemies front lines; a support, who heals and buffs the team; a defender, who stays behind and defends their base by any means necessary.
11. Zombie Night Terror
Prepare yourself for the most thrilling night of your life! Something strange has happened and people everywhere are turning into blood thirsty walking corpses. But guess who’s the brains behind this hungry undead army? YOU! So spread this pandemic to wipe humanity off this planet. Because the only way to survive the zombie apocalypse, is to BE the apocalypse!
But the brainless undead are quite dumb… even dumber than you might expect given their lack of grey matter. Because when left to their own devises, they will just endlessly walk forward and fall into permanently deadly booby traps placed by not-so-helpless humans. So to accomplish your mission of world extermination, you will need to help guide them to their next yummy meal. Luckily you can utilize numerous special mutations to make your troops evolve and fulfil their appetite for flesh. But beware! Humans will not facilitate your dark will….they will fight to survive.
Spread terror through 40 levels and enrol more zombies into your undead army. Along the way you’ll have to solve brain tingling puzzles, and fight increasingly powerful foes that are hell-bent on staying alive. The closer you get to total world extinction, the harder survivors will fight to put you in the ground….for good.
Blood, tears, non-sexual moans, inappropriate laughter, and tons of puzzles that will literally blow your brains out... This is Zombie Night Terror!
- Command a Zombie Horde: You are the brain, they are the muscles. Your zombie horde will obey your commands without any strike risk or complaints … On the downside; you can’t have any heated conversations about late night movies or cool books anymore tough!
- Unique Mutation System: Having an army of deadly zombies is awesome. Having an army of mutated zombies is way better! Take advantage of our mutation system to overcome the enemy’s defences, by creating powerful new zombie types. Each has their unique power and abilities that can help you overcome different situations.
- Combo System: Because you thought mutations were your only way to facilitate your meat feast, we spiced it up allowing you to combine those and see what your enemies are made of (literally). Let’s show those pesky humans how to have fun!
- You are not alone: Having zombies is kind of like having a pet; it’s fun but you need to take care of them… That’s what humans are for, as they are the perfect way to keep your zombies well fed and busy. But beware! Humans are well armed and they do not appreciate the toothy company of the undead.
- Contaminate: Don’t have enough company? Do you need a bigger horde? Well, just convert Humans to your cause then! You don’t necessary need to bring flowers and be charming, as a single bite right into the neck (or anywhere that pleases you) should be enough to do the trick!
- Destructible Environments: In times of a zombie apocalypse, humans love to take their time playing hide and seek. However when the hunger for tasty flesh is this painful, you don’t have time for such childishness. So use the power or your horde to destroy their playground and spread terror among them… PEEKABOOM!
12. Blackwell Deception
Street psychics. Their blinking neon signs are everywhere, promising love and wealth and happiness. They make a fortune preying on the gullible and milking them dry. So when these victims begin dying and leaving confused spirits behind, it can only take a genuine psychic (and her wayward spirit guide) to clean up the mess.
From seedy downtown nightclubs to penthouse apartments to a luxury yacht on the Hudson River, Rosa and Joey will unearth the truth about the underground world of street psychics. Including some secrets that Joey would rather be left buried.
13. The Shivah
Russell Stone is a Jewish Rabbi at a poor synagogue in New York City. He is a devout man with a problem. Membership is way down and he lacks the funds to keep his synagogue open. Things are looking very bleak, and he has grown progressively more cynical and bitter with the passage of time.
Just as he is on the verge of packing it all in, he receives some interesting news. A former member of his congregation has died and left the Rabbi a significant amount of money. A blessing? Or the start of something far more sinister? Can Rabbi Stone just accept the money and move on? His conscience says no. Step into his shoes as he travels all over Manhattan in his attempt to uncover the truth.
Features rabbinical conversation methods, a unique method of fighting, an original score, and three different endings!
14. The Count Lucanor
Join Hans in a fantasy world and experience a unique adventure, full of surprises and challenges. Get hooked on an immersive tale, where every decision counts and every clue is a piece to solve the puzzle and get the treasure. Unravel the sordid secrets of the castle, meet colorful characters, and remember: horror always lurks beneath the surface.
With a retro, halfway-between-8-and-16-bit style and inspired by classic games like The Legend of Zelda, Yume Nikki, Silent Hill or Dark Souls, among others, The Count Lucanor is an amazing mystery and horror adventure set in a fairytale world. The game features important choices, alternative endings, secrets and different ways to solve puzzles. The title is in development for PC, Mac and Linux.
- Exploration: Walk the Tenebre Castle and place candles on the ground to light up your path.
- Conversation: Talk to NPCs to get important clues and unravel the mystery of the Count Lucanor.
- Choices: Your actions change the course of story, with five different endings and several subplots.
- Stealth: Hide under tables and behind curtains to go undetected.
- Puzzles: Use the items you found wisely in order to progress.
- Skill: Avoid traps and enemies in the castle by anticipating them.
Once upon a time, there was a poor boy named Hans who lived with his mother near the woods. On his birthday, the boy had no presents nor sweets. He got so upset he decided to leave home for good. Before he left, his mother gave him his grandfather's cane, some cheese and three pieces of gold. Hans walked into the forest in search of adventure. Soon it was night and the boy was really scared, so he tried to go back. But then, a quaint kobold happened to cross his path and Hans decided to follow him to a castle. The kobold told him he would inherit great wealth if he passed a simple trial... guessing his name. Trapped in the castle, Hans will live a spooky mystery, fantasy and horror adventure to become the new Count Lucanor.
We’ve hired the greatest composer of all time - Johann Sebastian Bach - to create a soundtrack that will remain etched in your mind forever. Using chiptune tools, we’ve transformed a series of hidden gems of the author to create unique soundscapes for our tale.
15. NEO Scavenger
NEO Scavenger is a game where you must survive in the wasteland long enough to figure out who you are. Each turn, you must decide where to go, how to scavenge for supplies, and how to deal with anything and anyone you encounter. And with each passing minute, the pit in your stomach grows, your dehydration worsens, your muscles tire, and your body temperature drops in the cold autumn air. Choose your starting abilities carefully, because they and your wit are the only tools you have in the apocalypse!Features
- Unique Setting - Near-future, post-apocalyptic Michigan with local cryptids and folklore. And something else beneath the surface...
- Turn-Based Play - Take your time with each turn, and play at your own pace. Save and quit when you want, and resume later.
- Permadeath - If you die, that's it. NEO Scavenger is balanced around a single difficulty level: permadeath. Your save will be deleted if you die. So choose every action carefully!
- No Grinding - There is no XP in NEO Scavenger. No levelling-up. Instead, progress comes from learning how to play the game better, and using your strengths to your advantage.
- Semi-Random - Much of the map is randomized each game, including the location of ruins, creatures, weather, and certain quest branches.
- Sandbox or Story - Search for clues to your identity, what happened, and who's hunting you. Or simply test your mettle against man and nature alike. Play how you want!
- Abilities and Flaws - Choose abilities and flaws each time you play. Different combos unlock different abilities and quest branches.
- Crafting - Extensive crafting system which allows for substitutions of similar items. Make a rifle scope from half a pair of binoculars, or a noise trap from a pill bottle and pebbles.
- Desperate Combat - Detailed combat with moves like "Tackle," "Lure," "Kick While Down," "Demand Surrender," and "Threaten."
- Realistic Wounds - Creatures have complex wound simulation, with multiple wound locations, infection, bleeding, and pain management.
- Realistic Metabolism - Hypothermia, fatigue, thirst, hunger, disease, intoxication, shelter...everything is tracked.
- Realistic Inventory - Complex inventory system with slots for holding, wearing, containers, and more. Fit items in grid spaces, and manage encumbrance.
- Hex-Based World Map - Navigate ruins, hills, forests, and plains in a hex-based map. Line-of-sight, elevation, and daylight matters.
- Tracking - Creatures leave their tracks and spoor on the map, which can be followed by others. Players can also hide their tracks.
- Hiding - Players can use hiding to avoid being seen while traveling the map, as well as during story encounters.
- Hunting - Trap small game for food and fur, or track and kill larger prey on the map for butchering.
- Hacking - Use hacking skills to unlock scavenged laptops, cellphones, smartphones, and tablets. Mine them for paydata, or snoop through personal files.
- Foraging - Search for edible plants and water, and use special skills to identify what's safe to eat.
- Haunting Soundtrack - Music composed by Josh Culler, specifically for NEO Scavenger, plays periodically, lending an atmosphere of loneliness and desperation. (Also accessible as mp3s outside game.)
- Creature AI - Wandering creatures go about their own business, hunting, scavenging, and hoarding. Morale affects their choices, and some will gang-up and cause trouble.
- Dynamic Weather - Temperature, rainfall, and night/day are based on real-world data for autumn in the area. If you live long enough, you may see snow fall.
- Detroit - Take refuge from the wasteland in one of mankind's last bastions of safety. Buy supplies, get medical care, and seek clues in a cyberpunk-styled city.
- Trading Cards - Collect NEO Scavenger trading cards, badges, emoticons, and profile backgrounds!
16. Postal III
Good or Insane? The choice is yours.
Following the Apocalyptic end to the Postal Dude’s week in Paradise, we follow him and his insane pitbull Champ as they emigrate to its appropriately named sister city, Catharsis. Unfortunately, due to the Global Economic Meltdown, psychotic left-wing “Green” extremism and hypocritical Government corruption, it turns out Catharsis isn’t a much better place to live.
What path will you choose when faced with the antics of a hypocritical scheming Mayor? A berserk cartoon mascot with Al Qaeda ties? A former Vice-President’s cadre of Eco-Zealots? How about Gay Segway “biker” gangs, and a sociopathic cult leader Uncle with nuclear ambitions? Will you give in to your base instincts and fight fire with gasoline? Or will you rise above it to become something more, to serve and protect your fellow citizens from the rampant insanity of our modern society?
- Edgy, satirical Running With Scissors sense of humor
- A world of twisted parody inspired by real people, events and philosophies
- Large, detailed, interactive environments
- Crazy POSTAL style Vehicle gameplay
- NPC’s react to your behavior in a variety of surprising ways
- Multiple story paths determined by your behavior
- Celebrity characters: Super porn star Ron Jeremy, Village People Cowboy Randy Jones, Internationally hated film director Uwe Boll and Playboy Playmate Jennifer Walcott
- Appearances by other popular Running With Scissors character franchises: Krotchy, Champ and the Postal Babes, who will fight along side you (or sometimes against you!)
- Insane new gameplay including the Helper Monkey, Grenade Cats and the BadgerSaw
- Kill Uwe Boll! (or save him!)
Categories in common with Postal III: Action
17. Thief Simulator
Become the real thief. Observe your target and gather information that will help you with the burglary. Take the challenge and rob the best secured houses. Buy some hi-tech burglar equipement and learn new thief tricks. Sell stolen goods to the passers and avoid too much attention from the police. Do anything that a real thief does!
A good thief always observes his target. What's inside? Who lives there? What's your target day schedule? Find out when the house is empty and does it have nosy neighbours. Check if their dog chooses dog snacks over the bone. Dress as a courier or a cop to investigate your target even better. Choose from lots of possible approaches to prepare the best plan. Many modern devices available in Thief Simulator might come in handy with gathering intel about your target and it's neighbourhood.
The faster, the better. Find and steal as many valuables as possible in the shortest time possible. Remember that infinite backpacks don't exist. When it's about time you have to maintain cold blood. In every house you'll find tons of useless stuff, which can really slow you down. If you're not shure that you can take some serious money for it, maybe a good idea would be to leave it behind and save space for some expensive goods. If you fill your backpack with worthless items, you may have to waste your time to throw stuff out just to make space for other things. Be careful, cause some things can draw police attention to you!
A real, experienced thief can spot places where there's most probability of finding some valuables on the fly. Use the scanner to highlight all the valuables in sight and places where you can expect them to be. Remember that you can use it only few times during burglary and that it has a limited range.
Get rid of stuff that can lead cops on your track. Turn off the GPS trackers, disconnect all the devices from the internet and erase serial numbers. Disassemblement of an car is expensive, but if it's a rare model, spending a few dollars may save you a few years in prison. Some of the goods you can sell without investing money in getting rid of tracks, but ultimately the decision is yours. Remember, that if you dont remain careful, cops will eventually knock on your door.
Look around for any useful items. They will save you some time on lockpicking or hacking. Keys, notes with passwords to the alarm systems, or even fridge magnets. All those things can look useless, but can also make life of an aspiring thief so much easier and reduce your burglary time even by a half. Of course many of them are just useless trash... Or maybe they aren't?
Be careful! In some houses you can meet unexpected guests. If they catch you in the act, your memory portrait will be on every pole in the city. This will seriously impact your intel possibilities and reduce the trading capabilities.
Design your own house. Build a fortress and put it to the test with the Thief Simulator editor. Choose from alarm systems and security devices you've already seen to make potential thief's life a little harder. Get yourself a dog or two. Surround your house with the electrical fence. It all depends on your imagination and wallet of course. See if others can rob you!
Find your neighbour's house or build it yourself, and find out if it's easy to rob. Make a bet with frend about who robs the other one first, or join forces, build an unconquerable fortress and put it to the test by sharing it with other players.
18. Droid Assault
Play Droid Assault and experience running blaster battles with hordes of rampaging killer robots!
Discover a unique tactical arcade shooter, with the fun addictive gameplay of 8-bit classics. You'll need your wits and the help of your acquired droid squad to stay alive in this fast-paced retro actionfest. Wreak havok through 50 atmospheric levels of destructible scenery, avoid mines and turrets, and battle 48 different robot types from lowly Guardbots to the latest in Assassins, Special Ops and Battledroids.
With the aid of your trusty transfer beam capture your own squad of droids, armed with the latest hi-tech weaponry including lasers, rockets, grenades, flamethrowers and disruptors, boost their abilities with 17 kinds of powerup, and take on the formidable giant boss 'bots!
19. 9 Clues: The Secret of Serpent Creek
9 Clues: The Secret of Serpent Creek is an original hidden-object puzzle-adventure game, featuring a totally unique Detective Mode. This thrilling mystery merges elements of classical horror and gritty, 50’s-style noir.
A paranormal private investigator is contacted by her friend, famous reporter Helen Hunter, whose voice sounds small and terrified in the voicemail. She is in the coastal town of Serpent Creek, and needs help immediately.
But upon arriving in Serpent Creek, the detective finds no trace of Ms. Hunter.
Weirder still is the fact the town’s streets are crawling with snakes, and the citizens seem to be sleepwalking through life. The ground shakes with violent tremors.
When investigating Serpent Creek, the detective will perform true investigative work: finding clues and combining them to learn the secrets of every crime scene in the all new Detective Mode!
- Unique Detective Mode gameplay
- Eerie, realistic settings
- Mysterious crime story set in 1950’s America
- Challenging mini-games
- Complex characters with real motivations
- Detective’s Journal that includes current tasks and character index
- Unique locations
- Breathtaking plot full of unexpected twists
20. World to the West
World to the West is an action adventure game developed by Rain Games. It builds upon the universe of indie hit Teslagrad, which has been played by over 1.6 million people so far.
World to the West is a pulpy, cartoony top down action adventure inspired by European adventure comics. Take control of four unique characters —Lumina the Teslamancer, Knaus the orphan, Miss Teri the mind bender and the gloriously mustachioed strongman, Lord Clonington—, each with their their own motivations, skills and interweaving storylines, as they seek to escape the dark shadow of an ancient prophecy. Travel trough corrupt colonies, lush jungles and frozen tundras, as you snoop through the secrets of a forgotten civilization.
Be careful though. Nothing is ever what it seems. Will you join us in this journey to the West?Features
- Play as four heroes, each hailing from individual nations and possessing unique identities and abilities.
- Explore a vibrant world filled with characters who have their own helpful and not-so-helpful agendas.
- Experience seamless transitions between combat and puzzle solving that keep you on your toes.
- Face your enemies head-on with brute force, convince them to see things your way or avoid them altogether. It’s your call!
- Uncover secrets, more secrets and secrets inside secrets! Exploration is key to unveiling World to the West’s mysteries.
- Set in the Teslagrad universe: a standalone followup where you'll encounter both new and familiar faces.
World to the West is available for Windows, Mac OSX and Linux.
The GameWaking up cold and alone, you've been 'Kidnapped'. Traverse through a terrifying two hundred year old manor, dark damp caves, an eerie forest full of wildlife and more. Kidnapped is a psychological story-driven adventure horror game, with a great emphasis on exploration, puzzle solving and combat. A large number of objects in the game world can be interacted with, whether examined, used, or picked up. Kidnapped dynamically changes the game world as the player progresses, and aims to unnerve the player constantly. Can you find the mystery behind your captivity and most importantly, can you escape this ordeal?StoryKidnapped tells the tale of Sebastian Lee from the city of Stirling, Scotland. Sebastian vanished mysteriously without a trace and was never seen again. You take on the role of Sebastian and discover what happened in the winter of 1992.Primary Features
- A Dynamic Changing World - The game changes the landscape and direction as you play.
- Atmospheric Environments - An eerie immersive world is waiting for you to explore.
- Psychological Experience - Kidnapped has been designed to provide a psychological horror experience.
- Interactive Environments - A large number of items can be interactive with.
- Enemies - Multiple enemies including wildlife, such as bears, foxes, stags etc, as well as strange monsters and creatures. You are the hunted, not the hunter.
- Puzzle Elements - Collect and harness items to aid your survival and progression
- Weaponry - Take aim and arm yourself, if you can find one.
- Resolution and Graphics - Designed to run at 1080p at 60fps (dependant on computer specifications game is run on).
- Audio - Features an intense and immersive sound design.
- Random Encounters - Enemies spawn dynamically and can be located anywhere. Nowhere is safe.
- Story - Kidnapped's setting and story is based from actual real life stories of a popular myth lore/legend.
22. Night of the Full Moon
"Night of the Full Moon" is a deck-building game based on the tale of Little Red Riding Hood. You play as Red herself, battle against monsters with cards to save your beloved grandma. You can build your own deck with the cards you collect through the adventure.
In order to find her missing grandma, Little Red Riding Hood go alone into the Black Forest - a place that was always dark and night. She is about to face the guardian of the forest elves, the ferocious werewolf, the sedentary witch, the strange villagers and the truth that slowly surfaced...
On the night of the full moon, the mysterious veil of the Black Forest will be unveiled layer by layer...
* Mild strategic turn-based card battle
* 7 classes, more than 600 cards to collect
* 131 mysterious opponents await your challenge
* Random events
* Story options that affect your reputation and courage
“[A] surprising iPhone and Apple Watch bestseller is pushing the boundaries of fiction” - boingboing.net
“This is the best game on the Apple Watch” - Time.com
Lifeline is a playable, branching story of survival against all odds. Using your iPhone, iPad, or Apple Watch, you will help Taylor make life or death decisions, and face the consequences together.
Acclaimed writer Dave Justus (Fables: The Wolf Among Us) weaves a gripping interactive story through the aftermath of a crash landing on an alien moon. Taylor is stranded, the rest of the crew are dead or missing, and Taylor’s communicator can only reach you.
A totally unique experience enabled by modern devices, this story plays out in real time. As Taylor works to stay alive, notifications deliver new messages throughout your day. Keep up as they come in, or catch up later when you’re free. You can even respond to Taylor directly from your Apple Watch or your iPhone lock screen, without launching into the app.
Or, dive in and jump back to earlier points in the story, and see what happens when you make a different choice. Simple actions can have a profound effect. Complete any single path to restart the story and unlock this mode.
Lifeline is a deep, immersive story of survival and perseverance, with many possible outcomes. Taylor is relying on YOU.
NEW in version 1.8: Stick around after the game for a special story epilogue from Dave Justus. For players who have already finished the game, the Sneak Peek becomes available under the game options. Enjoy!
Internet connection not required. No in-app purchases and no ads.
WATCH US: http://www.youtube.com/c/LifelineGame
Praise for Lifeline:
“I’ve played many games that I find engrossing, but Lifeline may be one of the first that changed the way I thought about my daily routine, which leapt off the screen and became a part of my lived experience.” - Eli Cymet, Gamezebo
“I felt an immediate attachment to a fictional character pinging me from a strange galaxy to my wearable.” - Luke Hopewell, Gizmodo Australia
“[P]laying it on the Apple Watch makes you truly feel like you’re exchanging messages with an astronaut via a futuristic transmitter.” - Michael Andronico, Tom’s Guide
“For a few brief hours I cared – really cared – about the fate of a completely fictional character. I don’t think any other game I’ve played has made me feel that way before.” - Matt Thrower, PocketGamer
Lifeline was created by:
Ben “Books” Schwartz
Belladonna is a gothic adventure game, twisted and dark. Take the role of a corpse girl rising from the dead in an abandoned laboratory, and unravel the mysteries concerning your own death and reanimation.
After the death of their young child, doctor Wolfram von Trauerschloss and his wife Belladonna are left to deal with the tragedy however they are able. The doctor launches into a dark obsession, devoting his life to the quest of conquering death. The madness spreads and Belladonna is soon dragged into the despair, but the tale takes surprising turns as the dead are brought back to life and the living are not to be trusted.
The game explores various themes, such as the role of villains and heroes, moral value systems and different kinds of horror. It’s a point-and-click adventure, and it will ask you to read longer texts which are inspired in style by Mary Shelley’s novel, Frankenstein or The Modern Prometheus. This game is not scary in the way in which a Hollywood horror flick is scary, but it is certainly no child’s play. The story goes into an eerie place beyond life and death, and puts you into the mind of the unliving creatures and their worldviews.
25. Star Control: Origins
Explore a living galaxy filled with alien civilizations, new and exotic worlds, pulse pounding combat, and a deep, rich history that is yours to unravel!
Congratulations! You are the Captain of Earth's very first interstellar ship. That's good. Really good. So very good. There's just one small problem. Barely worth mentioning but a hostile alien race known as the Scryve want to exterminate us. We need you to go find allies, discover and use these so-called Precursor relics to upgrade your ship and try to avoid getting eaten along the way so that you can save humanity. We don't want you to feel pressure though. Just the very future of the human race rests on your shoulders.
You can pre-order Star Control®: Origins now and get access to the Betas. Do so and you get the game at a discount as the price will rise the closer we get to finishing.
Beta 1: Fleet Battles. Assemble your ships into a fleet and take them into combat online, against devious computer opponents or against your soon-to-be former friend sitting next to you. You can also craft your own ships and fight with them and share them online. Available 11/16/17
Beta 2: World Maker. Build your own worlds, share them or add worlds others create. Then send your Lander to explore the surface, find relics and fight alien creatures. Available: This Winter.
Beta 3: Creator of Universes. Create a universe...within a universe! Alternatively, download universes others make and visit them and find out their stories, aliens, ships, planets! Available: After this Winter.
Final release: When it's done. Seriously, you'll tell us when it's ready. Right? I mean you wouldn't just make us work on this forever. That would be wrong. Cruel even. Star Control: Origins has a lot to live up to.
- Interact with aliens, both malicious and absurd.
- Explore a living universe that frankly can't believe you're flying around in that...thing.
- Travel across exotic and amazing worlds searching for relics, Precursor artifacts, and treasures.
- Navigate through thousands of planets in a universe that has a deep history spanning back hundreds of thousands of years.
- Interact directly with the development team, post your ideas, and be part of something amazing!
26. Simply Chess
The classic board game comes to Steam! Everything you need in a chess game. If you are a chess enthusiast or someone who just likes to play a game now and again, this is what you've been looking for. This is Simply Chess.
Play it against friends whether they're on on Windows, Mac, & Linux.
- Play locally or online.
- Play against the computer – World class "Stockfish" AI with 100 difficulty levels.
- Includes "hot-seat"/"pass-n-play" mode for multiplayer using only one computer.
- Asynchronous play - you can play even when your opponent is offline.
- Easily switch between full 3D with camera-control & a 2D graphics mode
- Full controller and “Steam Big Picture” support
- Switch seamlessly between playing with mouse/keyboard and gamepad.
- Elo Ratings for online games – ranked on a Steam Leaderboard
- Steam Trading Cards, Badges, Backgrounds & Emoticons
- Dozens of Steam Stats & Achievements.
- Steam version has no added DRM and can run everything except the online play & Steam-specific bonuses (Steam Achievements, Steam Leaderboards, etc.), without any internet connection and/or without Steam installed.
27. Resonance of Fate 4K / HD
In Resonance of Fate, players control members of a private military contracting firm in a world where most of Earth has been rendered uninhabitable. The only remaining pockets of civilization surround the tower of Basel, an experimental air purifier with a mind of its own. The game carries a steampunk aesthetic, with the ordinary RPG trappings of swords and sorcery traded in for guns and acrobatic attacks.
Categories in common with Resonance of Fate 4K / HD: Role Playing
Project MechaNika. Plan for the destruction of all things that aren't awesome.
I, Nika Allen, 7 years old, am sick to death of this world. My parents don't care about me. My brother never takes any notice of me. At school I never get taught anything useful. There are loads of things that shouldn't exist. It's for these reasons that I've decided to destroy everything that isn't cool. With MechaNika I will destroy and eliminate the things and the people that I don't like. I'll start at home. Then school. This city. The entire world. I'll get rid of everything that's boring and pointless, and this world will be better for it.
If it's not cool, it will disappear. If you're not cool, hide. MechaNika is here.THE GAME
Meet Nika, an intelligent girl that doesn’t fit the world in which she lives. Perhaps it’s the chocolate shake with a shot of cognac which she carries in her backpack which makes her different. Or maybe it’s the fact that at 7 years old her favourite things are the transfer of energy, magnetic fields and electrical engineering! But being the odd one out doesn’t matter to Nika. Not anymore. She has a plan to solve everything. A really… odd plan. You read the MechaNika manifesto, right?THE PSYCHOTIC ADVENTURES
As you help Nika in her mission to build a rusty weapon of mass destruction to destroy her world you will meet many unique characters. We want you to discover the freak stories of some of these characters and we will let you know about them through the Psychotic Adventures, a series of genre-spanning games that starts with MechaNika.THE WEAPONS
- A different adventure where you will join Nika in her quest to destroy the world. Go for it!
- Lots of really fascinating characters with their own stories. Meet them!
- Extremely cool and colorful visuals, all hand-drawn!
- You will face many puzzles with different ways to be solved. Choose yours!
- References to many other video games, anime series, movies and music bands. Can you spot them all?
- Seriously, you shouldn't skip the chance to play this game.
29. Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches
The moment you enter, you suspect that something is not right. Rhiannon’s stories are true and the farmstead is engulfed in supernatural happenings as an ancient myth spills over into reality.
Discover dark secrets in this chilling point and click adventure as you encounter an ancient evil lurking in the walls of the home that holds a terrible connection to a timeless struggle between man and magic.
- Set in present day, the plot draws from ancient Welsh myths and legends
- Explore the eerie Welsh farmstead, from the imposing house, to its extensive grounds and buildings
- First-person point-and-click with approximately 20 to 30 hours of largely non-linear gameplay
- Involved multi-threaded plot
- Features classic themes such as: magic, paranormal phenomena, and technological gadgets
- Interact with a comprehensive inventory of nearly 200 items
- Engaging and unusual challenges, mostly plot and inventory driven
- A haunting musical score will send chills up your spine
- Solid chapter structure to the compelling and ultimately uplifting story
30. Daily Chthonicle: Editor's Edition
This game lets you try on the role of a Supernatural Newspaper Agency boss and editor. The world it takes place in is a dark and haunted one, with ghosts, zombies, monsters and even shapeshifting murderers, pretending to be human after they have stolen their victims' bodies or infiltrated the humanity. It was inspired heavily by the works of H.P.Lovecraft and it builds on the atmosphere of uncertainty and noir of the 1940s.
Send your sextet of weathered journalists, detectives and occult specialists to investigate murder, affair, and horror in the Town.
Each time, the story will be different. Sometimes, a werewolf is shredding innocent (and less innocent) victims to pieces and it is your task to unmask the creature. Other times, it will be a body stealing alien from outer space, a mummy that some misfortunate archeologist has excavated and is now haunting them. Perhaps it will be Jack the Ripper, still mysteriously alive and lurking in the streets at night.
Or maybe there is a really bad big tentacled monster hidden in the cellar of the University?
It is for you to find out and entertain your readers while bravely standing up against ancient evil.
31. Black Survival
* Black Survival aims to be a fair and competitive game without any Pay to Win elements!
* Game Introduction
Real-Time Survival Game played by 10 people on a deserted island
1. PvP games last roughly 20 minutes. Fights are easily played with a single touch.
2. The island is divided into 22 areas, including Hospital, Forest, Beach, etc… As time passes, they turn into Restricted areas, narrowing the battlefield.
3. Fencer, actor, doctor, police, hacker, cook, student, and more! There are over 30 kinds of different characters to choose from.
4. Gun, Bow, Hand, Blunt, Blade, and more! There's a total of 7 weapon types, each with their own strategies.
5. Hundreds of different ingredients are hidden all over the island that can be used to craft over 600 types of weapons, tools, and foods.
1. Find different ingredients and craft a better weapon!
2. Hunt wild animals and level up!
3. Run away from the ever expanding Restricted Areas!
4. If you want to survive, get stronger before everyone else. Kill the rest!
Address : Gangnam-Gu, Seoul, Republic of Korea
32. MacGuffin's Curse
When fugitive magician Lucas MacGuffin bungles a museum robbery, he finds himself:
- magically bound to an ancient amulet;
- up against a city in full high-tech security lockdown; and
- suddenly dealing with the worst body hair problems he's ever had.
And with the city's most powerful billionaire after his blood, a jaded Private Investigator on his (now-literal) tail and the rent long overdue, he'll need every ounce of ingenuity he manage.
Along the way he'll need to befriend a hilarious cast of characters, convince the city its most beloved citizen is a terrifying criminal mastermind, and hardest of all, teach his daughter it isn't funny to fill the fridge with dog food.
From the award-winning indie developers behind Jolly Rover (Australian Game of the Year, 2010 Freeplay Awards), MacGuffin's Curse is a story brimming with humour, personality and heart.Key Features:
- Friendly for all players - Enjoy a quick, fun logic puzzle fix, or lose yourself in a sprawling full-length cartoon adventure.
- 150+ Puzzle Rooms - Inspired by classic top-down console adventures, these increasingly mind-bending challenges will push your logical thinking skills to the limit!
- Challenge Without Frustration - Stuck on a room? P.I. Strump is on the line to help you along (at least between thinly veiled insults) with a seamlessly integrated hint system.
- 90+ Sidequests - Meet the colourful nightlife of Feyre - a carnival city under curfew - and earn their trust with bizarre, legally questionable favours!
- Charming Hand-Drawn Art - Collect 50 lavishly-illustrated comic panels to piece together - each expanding on the scandalous secret backstories of key characters!
- Razor-Sharp Dialogue - With witty banter straight the golden age of point-and-click adventure games, you'll want to chat to every stranger and examine every park bench!
- Insanely Catchy Soundtrack - From spooky strings to acoustic gypsy power-rock, this fun, upbeat score is destined to have you humming along!
- Extensive Replay Value - Post-game challenges, hidden easter eggs, unlockable comics and developers' commentary will keep you coming back long after the credits roll.
33. Pharaoh Rebirth+
Dr. Jonathan Banfield, renowned treasure hunter and rabbit has finally discovered the legendary oasis of Egypt: Amshear. Brimming with archaeological artifacts, Jonathan sets out to uncover all that he can amongst the fabled ruins. However, his expedition is cut short when his ex-companion Andre Betancourt shows up to pillage the sacred site.
Armed with only his wits and his ears, Jonathan puts an end to Andre's illegal digging, and continues on his way to discovering the secrets of Amshear. With the aid of his friend, Jack, hacker extraordinaire, Jonathan finds an ancient sarcophagus in the depths of the ruins. But before he can decipher whose sarcophagus it is, Andre shows up and hastily opens it, unleashing an ancient evil, and cursing both himself and Jonathan to die in 7 days.
Jonathan must now collect seven holy grails from around all of Egypt to cleanse himself of the curse of Sehur the first.
Be delighted by the quirky humor, charming characters, and the beautifully designed world, in Pharaoh Rebirth+!
- Over 80 collectible treasures scattered throughout the game.
- Over 10 sub-weapons to use in your adventures.
- Stat boosting and ability increasing treasures that will make you the greatest treasure hunter in the world.
- Choice between English or the original Japanese.
- Easy, Normal, and Hard modes to customize your experience.
- Never before seen extra stage, featuring new enemies and a new boss.
- Boss rush mode.
- A quirky sense of humor, brimming with character.
- A charming cast of characters.
34. Quell Reflect
An enchanting puzzle game of logic and relaxation.
The follow-up to the acclaimed 'zen puzzle' game, Quell, this offers another suite of ingenious levels to relax and test you in equal measure!
Featuring another beautiful score from acclaimed composer Steven Cravis, a beautiful 'hand-painted' art-style, Quell Reflect is the perfect game to test your powers of logic, without any hint of frustration.
The game also features a continuation of the side narrative - a touching story of love, loss and nostalgia.
Like the original Quell, Quell Reflect is a haunting experience that will stay with you long after you've finished it.
Fall in love with Quell Reflect...
Categories in common with Quell Reflect: Indie
35. Save Koch
You are local city Mafia Godfather, Jeffrey Koch, and your Empire is in total chaos because of some unidentified sleeper "mole." It’s time to act, but you need to be smart. Make use of your trusty goons, crooks and associates, each with unique skills and abilities, but trust no one. Uncover a conspiracy, find out who the challenger is, and get that mole!
In Save Koch you play a Mafia Godfather, who is basically trapped inside their own panic room. Danger-danger! Someone in the city wants to replace you, and there is a sleeper “mole” inside the Family, who is acting as we speak. Time is running out, you have just six days to solve the mystery, reveal who is standing behind this conspiracy, resolve the problem and send the challenger to feed the fish.
Each new game session of Save Koch is played in a completely different way. At the start, the game shuffles the NPC deck, which drives all game events, so your methods will be completely unique to that particular game session. It’s as if you were playing your favorite desktop game with a bunch of friends — you’ve just beat the game, but the fun is only just beginning!
Make strategic decisions, join unexpected alliances, hire detectives, bribe or even torture witnesses, if you have to; do everything to find the criminal mastermind challenging you. And also flush out that mole. And make sure you don’t become a victim. Each decision has its consequences: for the residents of the city of New Kandinski, for your thugs, the Family, and, even, for you. Life is at stake.
Oh, and yes—you are, quite literally, a pig. You have a snout and some stubble.
Key game features:
- Unique graphic style and atmosphere of the dark city of New Kandinski.
- Dive deep into the noir history of this city of sins.
- Carry out a full investigation, but remember, you only have six days and time is running out.
- There’s plenty of replay variety, the end of the game session is just the beginning. Save Koch is played in a completely different way in each new game session. All your actions affect the course of the game.
- All your decisions have consequences. All your crimes cannot be erased.
- Choose associates according to your strategy and your preferences, all characters have their own unique skills and abilities, each has its own approach to resolving the problem. But remember, the outcome of the whole game depends on making the right choice.
- All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others - George Orwell, Animal Farm
36. Mini Thief
BECOME THE MASTER (mini) THIEF!
Can you escape with the loot? Play as the Master Thief and steal as much as you can. Burgle houses in order to obtain some sweet, sweet loot. But be careful not to get caught!.
Your objective is simple, search the area for items which are exchangeable for money. Each level you pass will increase in difficulty. The more difficult the level is the more loot you will obtain.
Avoid the owner at all costs! If he catches you, well, you lose everything! including your money!
37. Still There
Job Opportunity: Brane CO is looking for a dedicated keeper of the Bento Space Lighthouse, located in the mostly uncharted sector D42-W81.
Activities include but are not limited to:Operational checks
General maintenance, fixing eventual malfunctions
Periodical radio beacon transmissions
Collection of data from outer space
Looking after the station's tuatara
Radio/navigational assistance to nearby spaceships
Experimental drug trials (it's all good, trust us)
Good dexterity in order to use the necessary tools and operate the equipment
Willingness to live in isolation for very long periods
Ability to work under pressure
Some degree of patience mandatory to deal with the ship's advanced AI (Gorky is obnoxious and a loudmouth but he means well)
Candidates without children/spouses preferred
Appointment type: One year, renewable every year
Work schedule: Full-time
Location: Deep space, sector D42-W81
38. Mercury: Cascade into Madness
Mercury is a quirky, unpredictable, and a violent vigilante who seeks to bring justice upon a variety of low-life scum in the city.
- An urban sci-fi cyberpunk setting, taking place in a crime-ridden city where vigilante justice is a common occurrence.
- Choice and consequence. The choices you make will have an impact on the world around you.
- Similar skill progression system to City of Chains – gain skill points by completing tasks and making progress in the story.
- Use a variety of ways to tackle the challenges, be it stealth, charisma, lockpicking, or head-on combat.
- Weapon Charge combat system – no more worrying about ammo! Use basic weapon skills to charge it up, then unleash these charges with stronger attacks.
- 2 difficulty modes – Normal and Challenging.
Mercury is a quirky, unpredictable, and a violent vigilante who seeks to bring justice upon a variety of low-life scum in the city. However, she used to be a normal person with a normal life, a smart young woman with ambitions. One night changed it all. A traumatic experience sent her mind tumbling down into a spiral of madness. Haunted by nightmares and struggling to trust others, Mercury saw a new meaning in her life.
Driven by her newfound purpose, Mercury took to the streets to punish those who are responsible for what happened to her, so that an experience like this won’t happen to anyone else. However, before long, she finds herself entangled in something much bigger than her own sense of revenge. She soon discovers that petty criminals are only a tip of the iceberg and that the city contains individuals who are far worse. In order to bring down the enemy, she will have to find potential allies, make hard decisions, manipulate others when necessary, and use unhinged violence in order to keep herself safe through all this.
You are Mercury. Whether she becomes an agent of justice or a ruthless killer is in your hands.
You can check out Astromic Games' popular RPG titles on Steam here: http://store.steampowered.com/bundle/347/
39. The Samaritan Paradox
A writer has died. His daughter seeks the help of you, Ord Salamon, to find his secret last novel. During the search, questions will emerge. Did her father really kill himself? What is the secret novel all about? What is going on at the island of Fardo? Crack codes, decipher secrets & find a lost fortune in this exciting adventure for Windows PC.
+ Old-school style point & click adventure
+ Full English voice acting, 2000+ lines
+ Hand-drawn art & animation, 60+ rooms
+ Original soundtrack by Lannie Neely III, 45+ mins
+ Additional languages (text only) included, EFIGS
The Samaritan Paradox is set in Sweden in the 80's. Ord Salomon has agreed to help Sara Bergwall find the book her father, Jonatan Bergwall, wrote before he died. During the course of this treasure hunt, he learns that Jonatan was investigating the weapons industry, and more specifically some covert affairs with foreign dictatorships.
But more questions arise. What is the book about, and why does Sara want Ord to find it for her? Did her Alzheimer's-stricken mother know the secret before she grew too demented to share it? And how did Jonatan actually die?
40. Life in Bunker
Life in Bunker is a sandbox bunker-building simulator.
You've been elected as the new Bunker Warden! Now you must take control over a group of fellow bunker residents and try to make them last until the surface becomes habitable. The task however is not trivial. The underground life is difficult, full of danger and the residents will heavily rely on your wise, sometimes not so wise, decisions. One wrong step can put the entire Bunker on the brink of extinction.
So, manage wisely, spend you resources carefully and your bunker will prosper.
- Procedural world - every new game, it will be a new world.
- 4 levels - the underground world consists of 4 levels, so the bunker can grow not only wide but deep as well.
- Residents management - there are six occupations the residents can take. But every resident is unique and can be assigned only to certain tasks.
- Events system - diseases, infections, sudden outages and breaks will always mangle your plans.
- Research and upgrades - open new structures and upgrade the old ones.
- Ageing - the residents grow old, it's a natural course of life. You'll need a constant flow of young residents to replace the retired.
- Resources management - water, power, clean air, ore, building material, garbage and several types of food each of them plays important role in the bunker and you'll need to manage them carefully.
41. Say Goodbye
This visual novel about an ordinary man with his typical problems. Suddenly, you got a report that your distant cousin died in a car crash. Fortunately, her daughter wasn't with her. You take the girl under your wing.
But Soon, Something Starts to Go Wrong...
42. Pamali: Indonesian Folklore Horror
Horror is different for everyone. One might think it’s a one-time thing, while the other might think that it is filled with monsters. In Pamali, horror is shaped by the taboos and culture that live among the society itself. Pamali contains four different stories we call folklore, with each folklore featuring one different ghost. Experience authentic Indonesian ghosts such as Kuntilanak, Pocong, Tuyul, and Leak.
In the demo version of Pamali, you'll have a glimpse of the first folklore. Take a bite of Jaka’s night as he tries to sell his old family’s house. While he’s trying to renovate and clean the house up, he finds that there is a truth among the family’s strange belongings. Something is happening in the house that makes him truly realize which one is more important—the peace of the house and its belongings, or all the money he’ll get by selling the house.
Experience a taste of Jaka's night as he encounters the fact that he's not all alone in the family house, that he's accompanied with The White Lady.
• Explore four authentic Indonesian settings.
• Interact with various mystical and spiritual items.
• Experience first-hand various mystical phenomenon
Founded by a bunch of then-undergraduate students from Bandung, Indonesia. The project has been rough and tough, mainly because we were university students. However, we dragged ourselves slowly to get sort of everything balanced. Now, here we are.
Andreas Andika is responsible for the technical directing, Chandrika N. Dewi is taking care of the art directing, M. Irfan Permadi is the programmer, Mira Wardhaningsih and Aulia Khairunnisa write all the story, and Rolly Anwari creates all the music for the game.
Categories in common with Pamali: Indonesian Folklore Horror:
43. Streets of Red: Devil's Dare Deluxe
Streets of Red was designed to be played over and over again, with each run offering up the potential for new content. Six unique playable characters and an ever-growing level selection work to keep the gameplay from getting old and rotten, while the easy to learn but hard to master combat system allows for plenty of depth.
With every kill, you earn cash that can be spent on upgrades, or to revive yourself when you die. You better learn how to make cash fast and spend it smart in Streets of Red because when you're dead, your save data dies with you. The chills, thrills, bills, and opportunity to learn new skills here won't stop until every street runs red with blood! Are you up for the challenge of an anti-lifetime?
44. Playing History 2 - Slave Trade
The Playing History game series revolves around experiencing engaging and personal stories set in exhilarating points in world history. The series have won the category of ‘best learning game’ in Europe. The series puts the student in the middle of important and interesting points in history.
Why play Playing History?
To gain the opportunity to take part in history, within in a living breathing world. You will be able to learn about historic events that they cannot alter – instead, they witness how the historic events altered humanity as a whole. The learning process is autonomously conveyed throughout the story of the game as it progresses, this occurs through decisions and actions taken by the player throughout the course of the game. This kind of interaction is a unique learning method, which encourages the player to relate to the world and actively seek out knowledge.
Slave Trade: Travel back in time to the 18th century and witness the horrors of the trans-Atlantic slave trade firsthand. In this episode, you will be working as young slave steward on a ship crossing the Atlantic. You are to serve the captain and be his eyes and ears – reporting any suspicious activities is your duty. But what do you do, when you realize that your own sister has been captured by the slave traders?
Target audience: 11-14 years old.
UPDATE: [/b The game and trailer has been updated. Slave Tetris has been removed as it was perceived to be extremely insensitive by some people. This overshadowed the educational goal of the game. Apologies to people who was offended by us using game mechanics to underline the point of how inhumane slavery was. The goal was to enlighten and educate people - not to get sidetracked discussing a small 15 secs part of the game.
45. Red Alliance
Red Alliance is an atmospheric, story driven, semi-survival single player game with elements of horror.
21st century, Eastern Europe, an oppressive regime. The country has fallen in to the lies spread by a mysterious Dr. Grey - an ambitious scientist seeking to achieve mind control through his illegal research. Under the excuse of a disease outbreak, mercenaries were hired by him to maintain order and control over the civilians, with which came oppression to society.
As the game begins, you play as the protagonist. You and your ally seek to reach the rebellion group “Red Alliance” that still withstands against the oppressive regime - and put an end to Dr. Grey’s madness. Throughout the game you will encounter various challenges on your path to restoring justice and peace in the country.
You will discover the consequences of the experiments as well as experience, abandoned autumn streets of the capital, cold snowy mountains, underground research complexes - and a secret laboratory, among various other locations.
The game features a classical first person shooter experience as well as a secondary arcade game mode
The game features optional stealth sections and allows the player to choose their own approach and play style
The campaign consists of 9 playable chapters, each taking place in a different setting
The game’s atmosphere changes throughout the game as the player progresses further
Player can also encounter random events that can reward him upon their completion
Robots can have a heart!
Left to fend for himself after mankind abandoned the doomed planet Aurora, robot Kramer 227 must find a way to harvest energy and rescue his robotic friends before Aurora crashes into its sun. In his journey, Kramer will probe the planet itself and overcome challenging obstacles, all while trying to conserve his limited life energy to power himself and his friends on their way to safety.
Kramer will gather and share energy with his fellow robots, helping them escape dire situations and predicaments. He will have to jump and explore every platform in every corner of the 20 extensive levels to find all of his friends. Energy is running low on Aurora, so Kramer will have to collect batteries or use generators to recharge, as every action drains his power. Various power-ups collected along the way, such as jetpacks, energy spheres and temperature regulators, can help him on this crucial journey.
Shiny is about saving lives, so it contains no blood or violence.Features
- Enjoy non-violent, platforming action
- Explore 20 extensive levels.
- Manage your energy levels – the robots’ source of life!
- Make use of cool power-ups found along the way.
47. Exorcism: Case Zero
You might have heard stories about it.
You might have read articles about it.
You might have watched movies about it.
But have you ever wonder what it would be like, if you have the chance to perform an exorcism yourself?
The year is 1998. Taking the role as Father Thomas Gates, you have been assigned to perform an exorcism ritual to a woman named Mary Kennedy, which was reported to have been possessed by evil spirit. Due to drastic deterioration of Mary's condition, you were contacted by her father to perform the exorcism a day in advance without any support from the church.
Are you ready to face the horrible truth and the force of evil behind this possession?
Can you maintain your faith? Can you maintain your vigilance? Can you endure this battle between the good and evil?
Can you cast out the demon before Mary succumb to the excruciating pain and stress?
There are multiple endings for you to discover.
There are multiple approaches that you can take to worn down the evil spirit.
There are multiple difficulties for you to conquer.
Now, bear your cross and face your inner demon.
Major Game Features:
Voice acting and subtitles:
Voice acting and subtitles are available for game actions, conversations and storytelling.
Immersive gaming environment:
Game environment will adapt accordingly when you advance further into the game. Increase of paranormal activities, evil apparitions, unholy signs and disturbances will keep you immersed.
Test of your reflexes:
There will be evil apparitions and creatures that manifest themselves during your exorcism ritual. You will need to stop them from disturbing your ritual.
You are free to perform your exorcism using the 4 different actions: "Present crucifix"; "Blessing"; "Sprinkle holy water" and "Bible citing".
Each action has different effects on both the possessed subject and the evil spirit, and with their own advantages and disadvantages. Try to develop your own action combo to cast out the evil spirit before dawn, whilst preventing the subject from death.
Simple, yet intricate resources system:
As the player, you have two resources: "Faith" and "Stamina". "Faith" is important to keep yourself sane during the exorcism ritual. "Stamina" is required to perform exorcism actions. "Spirit strength" of the evil spirit will need to be reduced, until the evil spirit could be cast out. "Health" of the possessed subject is another resource that you need to keep an eye on, as the subject will succumb to stress and pain caused by the ritual. Finally, there is one most important resource, "Time". Since you must cast out the evil spirit before dawn, as the subject will succumb to extended period of exorcism.
Underlying story and secrets to reveal:
During the exorcism ritual, you will discover the story behind the possession and secrets will be revealed by the provoked evil spirit.
48. AR-K: The Great Escape
Episode 3 in the AR-K universe!
Help Alicia Van Volish to flee from District 8 and discover the source of the mysterious Golden Sphere in an adventure full of mystery, acid humor, hilarious characters and sci-fi. Immerse yourself in a classic point and click style, with great history written by award-winning comic writer Greg Rucka.
- Script written by Greg Rucka: enjoy a story of mystery, humor and romance created by the winner of four Eisner Awards and renowned comic writer Greg Rucka.
- Enhanced gameplay: new inventory systems and dialogues, thanks to the players' feedback in the first two episodes.
- New locations: more varied backgrounds, sci-fi designs and more dynamic world than in AR-K 1 and 2. Much more quality to give life to District 8 places.
- New charismatic characters ... and some already known in AR-K universe: a crazy scientist, a gambler and a lot of cardesians will join Alicia and Franky on his adventure through this adventure.
49. House of Evil
House of Evil - atmospheric survival horror with a first-person view, in which you can test your nerves for strength. The events take place in the mansion that exists in reality. The main character is an ordinary philistine, his wife is an exorcist, after an unusual telephone conversation, the protagonist can not call to the spouse, and decides to go in search of her, fate takes him to an old mansion where unimaginable things begin to happen. Four horsemen of the apocalypse moved into the owners of this mansion, if the riders get out on freedom - come the end of the world. The last hope of humanity is our main hero. You will have to solve interesting puzzles, mix herbs, create different potions, consecrate water, study spells in Latin, and use it all against evil spirits, demons and other evil spirits.
You will find more than 40 rooms of the mansion where the events unfold games. Two floors of the mansion, a terrible cellar where a psychiatrist conducted his rituals, over mentally ill people, from his hospital. According to the plot, a psychiatrist is the brother of the owner of the mansion. Cemetery on the territory of the mansion, another for the mirror world, in which we get in the middle of the game. Another world, it is a copy of the real world, only everything that is gloomy and evil in it.
Manor Zaklyuchye is located in the Tver region,Russia, if you go on M-10 from Moscow to St. Petersburg, and before the city of Valdai and the Valdai lake turn to Borovichi, and before reaching it 50 km there will be a station Likoshino. Here, in a secret corner, on the shore of the forest lake is this mansion. In the late XIX - early XX century here, in the village of Zaklyuchye, was built a manor of the St. Petersburg architect A.S. Khrenova, probably, on his own project. The main house has a complex asymmetric configuration of the plan and consists of various volumes. Due to its remoteness, beautiful tiled stoves and a spiral staircase of iron are preserved inside the house. And on the territory there were amusing sculptures of the Soviet period, when there was still a tuberculosis sanatorium, during the Soviet period, not one patient perished in this mansion. However, this mansion also became famous for the mysterious disappearance of people. And with its eerie atmosphere from which the blood runs cold. The circle of the mansion encompasses a dense forest. It remains to guess what happened to the disappeared people, whether they got lost in the forest, although no traces were found by search units , whether it is related to the individual reduction.
There is a system of using "first-aid kits" and potions for "banishment" that has a certain complexity. The player can find five types of herbs: wormwood, Yarrow, St. John's wort, Basil, Blagovonia. With a certain mixing of herbs, a potion that restores health, or a potion that weakens the immunity of enemies . Also, in the game will have to consecrate water and much more.
50. HYAKKI CASTLE
A full-scale real-time dungeon RPG exploring a mysterious castle set in the 18th century, during the Edo Period of Japan. Now with a 2 Party System where you can divide into parties and move separately, a feature not seen up until now in real-time dungeon RPGs. New strategies and ways of solving puzzles by dividing the party and attacking enemies, a new evolution of real-time dungeon RPGs!
Hyakki Castle is set in the Edo Period of Japan, and the castle is on an island of exile where criminals are sent. Doman Kigata, a prodigy sorcerer who schemed to overthrow the Shogunate and place a death curse on a leader, has been captured and sent to the island. One day decapitated heads were sent to Edo Castle. It was the barely recognizable form of Hyakki Castle guards and criminals. "My offering to you, contents: 3 heads - The Lord of Hyakki Castle" News of a mystical castle appearing on Hyakki Island had already reached the Shogunate's search team. Iemune, the current Shogun of the time, believed this to be the doing of Doman Kigata. The investigation of Hyakki Castle and the assassination of Doman Kigata were appointed to 4 secret agents (the player)...
FEATURES"The 2 Party System" is a new system in which the parties can be divided.
- It is possible to divide the parties of 4 into 2 parties (2:2 people or 1:3 people) at any given time.
- Divide your team into 2 parties and take out strong enemy monsters with a pincer attack, or lure enemies with 1 party while getting items with the other. New strategies that have never been seen before in real-time dungeon RPGs!
- Divide into 2 parties to work your way through various traps. Use one team to open a door with a switch, while another party passes through the door to get an item, and then go back to maneuvering with the first party...
- The player's instinct and judgment will be tested far more than real-time dungeon RPGs of the past by solving mysteries with 2 parties!
- Deal big damage with a pillar of fire using the Ninja skill "Katon Jutsu"!
- By using the Oni skill "Roar," the enemies' attacks will focus on one spot, but they will temporarily be paralyzed!
- If the Samurai skill "Yoidewanaika" succeeds, the enemy will turn sideways! Deal big damage by attacking them from the side!
- Eradicate monsters by utilizing skills from the classes and races.
- Hyakki Castle is compatible with a keyboard and mouse, or a controller.
- PlayStation®4 and Xbox 360 controllers are compatible as well.