The best games like Bard's Gold are:
- arrow_rightDarkest Dungeon
- arrow_rightHotline Miami 2: Wrong Number
- arrow_rightSteamWorld Dig
- arrow_rightHyper Light Drifter
- arrow_rightRisk of Rain
- arrow_rightMonaco: What's Yours Is Mine
- arrow_rightThe Expendabros
100 Best Games Like Bard's Gold:
Filter by Platform Select a Platformarrow_drop_down
- PC (100)
- Xbox One (31)
- PlayStation 4 (35)
- iOS (45)
- Android (21)
- macOS (94)
- Linux (82)
- Nintendo Switch (34)
- Nintendo 3DS (6)
- Nintendo DS (2)
- Xbox 360 (6)
- Xbox (1)
- PlayStation 3 (6)
- PlayStation 2 (2)
- PlayStation (3)
- PS Vita (16)
- PSP (1)
- Wii U (7)
- Wii (6)
- GameCube (1)
- Nintendo 64 (1)
- Game Boy Advance (3)
- Game Boy Color (1)
- Game Boy (3)
- SNES (5)
- NES (8)
- Classic Macintosh (3)
- Apple II (5)
- Commodore / Amiga (21)
- Atari 5200 (2)
- Atari 8-bit (4)
- Atari ST (8)
- Genesis (9)
- SEGA CD (1)
- SEGA Master System (2)
- Dreamcast (1)
- Game Gear (4)
- Web (3)
Celeste is a platformer about climbing a mountain, from the creators of TowerFall.
Explore a sprawling mountain with over 500 levels bursting with secrets, across 8 unique areas. Unlock a hardcore Remix for each area, with completely new levels that will push your climbing skills to the limit.
Madeline can air-dash and climb any surface to gain ground. Controls are simple and accessible, but super tight and expressive with layers of depth to master. Deaths are sudden and respawns are fast. You'll die a lot, but you'll learn something every time.
Meet peculiar characters and climb through a personal story of breaking through your self-doubt to find yourself, set in the present-day Pacific Northwest. Uncover the mystery of the mountain's power and outrun your reflection on your journey to reach the top.
2. Darkest Dungeon
Darkest Dungeon is a roguelike RPG developed by Red Hook Studios.
The works of Howard Lovecraft served as the main inspiration for the game which addresses the themes of fear and psychological trauma.
The story begins when the player learns that they inherited a manor from a distant relative who died excavating the catacombs under the manor and accidentally released a number of monsters.
The player controls a group of adventure seekers that explore the dungeons beneath an old manor. Before every expedition, the player has to choose several heroes from the suggested roster and lead them through procedurally generated dungeons collecting treasures and killing various monsters.
The main objective is to save the lives and mental health of the heroes. Mental health declines every time when the player's comrades suffer damage, walk into traps or fall back from the battlefield. If the hero suffers a breakdown, they start to behave unexpectedly. During the expedition, the characters obtain their own traits - permanent behavior patterns, which can be both negative, such as alcoholism and kleptomania or positive like bravery.
3. Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number
Hotline Miami 2: Wrong number is a sequel to Hotline Miami.
- There is a Cold war between the Soviet Union and the USA, which gradually turns into a hot war. In Hawaii, there are military operations. In the centre of the event, the squad "Ghost Wolves", which includes Dan Smith named "Beard", Jacket (the main character of the first part), and two soldiers. The United States, for this moment, are losing. The squad was ordered to capture the most dangerous Soviet zone.
As for the gameplay, a lot of details are borrowed from the first part, but unlike it, in the Wrong Number, there were levels of difficulty (classic and hard). The difficulty level unlocks after beating the game on classic difficulty. The difference is that all the levels are turned over, and contain more dangerous opponents.
The game has 13 playable characters. Each of them has their vision of the story, like Jacket and Biker in the original game. Masks from the first part appeared in the game again, and new masks that are giving new abilities were also added.
4. SteamWorld Dig
SteamWorld Dig is an independent platforming action game developed by Image & Form. It is the second installment in the series.
You play as a steam-powered robot named Rusty. He moves to a town of Tubleton after inheriting his uncle's mine. He starts to mine and explore the underground world unraveling the remains of human civilization on his way.
The main objective is to investigate the mines. At the beginning of the game the player is only equipped with a pickaxe, but more and more mining equipment is unlocked as the game progresses. The equipment is also upgradable as the game goes on. The mines are procedurally generated on every playthrough and useful items appear in different places. Collected ores and resources can be sold in a shop outside the mine. There are several underground worlds to explore which feature various enemies.
If the player gets lost in the mine they can either use the ladders that are sold in the store or use the self-destruct button. All collected loot is lost on death but can be picked up again.
5. Hyper Light Drifter
Hyper Light Drifter is a Kickstarter-funded 2D game with a high focus on resource-management and nostalgic vibes. It is the only game of its sort — no Hyper Light Drifter series exists. The title has been initially released for PCs, after half a year it has been ported to the consoles and in 2018 the Switch version сame to life. The developers position their title as a tribute to The Legend of Zelda and Diablo series. Among the sources of inspiration are also Studio Ghibli cartoons.
Hyper Light Drifter follows a story of Drifter, who controls a sword composed of technological achievements not yet known to the world game resembles. The point of the protagonist's adventures is to find a cure to the strange disease no one knows how to heal.
The central Drifter's weapon is an Energy Sword. The resource-management part comes in handy when the player is up to charge their sword and long-ranged weapons: must they not find an energy supply within the world, but should they hit the enemies to gain power from them.
6. Risk of Rain
Risk of Rain is an action platformer roguelite developed by Hopoo Games and published by Chucklefish in 2013. Hopoo Games was at the time composed of only two students from the University of Washington : game designer Paul Morse and artist and programmer Duncan Drummond.
The player is a survivor of the crash of the UES Contact Light transport space ship onto an unknown planet and must fight the hostile residents to find their way back. Over the course of a run, the player will gain experience levels and find a multitude of items to improve their abilities and eventually become immensely powerful. However, difficulty constantly increases with time and death is permanent. Through various achievements, they can unlock new items that will appear in future runs as well as 12 different playable characters. They can also learn more about the lore of the game through collectible logs regarding monsters and items.
While lesser known, Risk of Rain was one of the games that contributed to the launch of the roguelite trend between 2010 and 2015. It is notable for its unique gameplay mechanics such as item stacking and looping, its gratifying endgame, its approach to storytelling, its art direction and its soundtrack composed by Chris Christodoulou.
7. Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine
Monaco: What’s Yours Is Mine is a top-down stealth and action game, which provides players with both single and multiplayer experience. The main storyline is divided into four parts: the first three follow the characters, while the last one is played for the police side. To start another “big score” players have to select one of eight available characters. Each character has different skills and special abilities, so the squad should be appropriately chosen in advance. From the very beginning, players are able to assume the roles of four criminals: the Locksmith, the Cleaner, the Lookout, and the Pickpocket. The remaining four – the Mole, the Gentleman, the Redhead, and the Hacker – will be unlocked during the further game progress. The gameplay is about completing levels in multiple ways depending on the players’ character choice. Monaco: What’s Yours Is Mine gives an opportunity to dive into the crime world and participate in heists and robberies throughout the world alone or in co-operation up to four players.
8. The Expendabros
The Expendabros is a crossover game based on Broforce gameplay and featuring characters from The Expendables 3 movie. In the basis of both games lays the roast of the 90s movie cliches about unstoppable warriors, such as Arnold Schwarzenegger, Sylvester Stallone, Bruce Willis and the others. The Expendabros features parody characters from The Expendables 3, including Broney Ross, Bronnar Jensen, and the others.
The gameplay in The Expendabros provides a crazy mix of a platformer, a shooter and a quest with strong beat ‘em up elements. The action doesn’t stop as everything around you explodes, burns and crashes while you kill bad guys. Each of the seven playable characters has their unique weapons and special attacks.
The story itself consists of 10 missions with the goal to capture an arms dealer named Conrad Stonebanks. The game is set in Eastern Europe forests, so you're to fight among lumber mills and harsh landscapes.
9. Dungeon of the Endless
Dungeon of the Endless is a tower defense game and the third in the series which includes Endless Space and Endless Legend. The game plot is about a prison spaceship which escape pod had crashed in the alien planet. The player controls survivors from that ship, who have to escape the multi-layered structure in the strange planet by taking an energy crystal through several floors filled with angry creatures. There are randomly generated levels in the game in which the player has not only to explore but also to collect resources in order to enable power to various rooms and turrets to divert attention of enemies in order to move the crystal from the starting point of the level into the elevator to the next floor.
In each level of the game the player has to choose two characters who are different in their stats such as health, attack, defense power and movement speed. The player has the option to either control one of two selected characters separately or in tandem.
10. Hero Siege
Hero Siege is a Hack 'n' Slash game with roguelike- & RPG elements. Annihilate hordes of enemies, grow your talent tree, grind better loot and explore up to 7 Acts enhanced with beautiful Pixel Art graphics! This game offers countless hours of gameplay and up to 4 player online multiplayer!
We developers are interested in your feedback. So if you choose to get the game see you on the forums! - Vexorian
In the depths of Tarethiel a group of monks united the four pieces of the brimstone talisman, waking up the slendering demons below... The Act was fortold in the Ancient Book of Revelations and that Satan would raise from Hell to rule the earth... Someone needs to stop him or else the mankind will soon face extinction!
- ONLINE MULTIPLAYER with up to 4 players!
- Randomly generated levels, items, dungeons, bosses, secrets and events. Every game session you play is different!
- Over 170 unique crafted items that are either passive, usable or orbiting.
- Over 80 different enemies with the possibility to spawn as rare or elite with extra hp/damage and abilities, but dropping better loot and giving more exp!
- Over 30 Achievements to unlock!
- Customize your character with over 60 different hats!
- 4 Acts to play through! Extra acts come with Expansion sets!
- Random Dungeons and Crypts to explore and clear from loot and enemies!
- 7 playable classes! Extra classes come with Expansion sets!
- 6 different difficulty levels to unlock!
- Tons of random! Start discovering all the wonderful secrets and content!
- Loot system with: normal, superior, rare, legendary, mythic and satanic loot!
Hero Siege has full controller support!
11. TowerFall Ascension
TowerFall is an indie action-game with focus on local multiplayer. It was initially developed as an exclusive for OUYA microconsole and was later ported on other systems as TowerFall Ascension. The gameplay represents an arcade-style fighting arena where four people combat each other to score points in a series of rounds. There are for several characters to choose from in the game. Every one of them has two main ways of killing opponents: bow and stomping. Every player starts with only 3 arrows which, after being shot, can be picked from the spot where they fell. The player can also jump on each other in retro-platformer style. The arenas exit is connected with exits on the opposite side of the map, so if the player falls down the pit, he immediately appears from the top of the arena. There also several powerups that can be found in treasure chest scattered across the map.
The Ascension version of the game also features single-player mode in which player has to kill waves of enemies on the arena. It has no story whatsoever and is more like a series of challenges with different monsters, powerups and unique peculiarities on locations.
Unepic is a 2D platformer game with role-playing elements. The story follows Daniel, a sci-fi, and video games geek that one day was teleported into a fantasy world and found himself in a giant castle. The game’s dialogues, storyline, and aesthetics heavily relies on humor with a lot of geek-culture references and mocking on sci-fi and fantasy clichés.
The gameplay can be described as a mix of 2D Metroidvania and role-playing game. The RPG elements in the game include acquiring levels, skills-points, and equipment. There are many types of armor and weapons in the that require the absolute level and skills to be used. The fighting mechanics are pretty simple and don’t have a lot of moves and abilities. Unlike many other metroidvanias, in Unepic you open new parts of the game world not by acquiring new abilities that let you go to the places you couldn’t reach before, but rather by collecting keys that unlock doors in different parts of the castle.
Hammerwatch is a fast-paced hack and slash adventure game. It can be played alone or with friends, up to three people.
Ancient and mysterious Castle Hammerwatch, where a group of characters fight their way from floor to floor, to the very top of the castle. Thousands of monsters prevent the heroes from passing this path. Numerous puzzles require the heroes to find a solution. Secrets are waiting to be discovered. The ancient dragon awaits the heroes at the top. Heroes must not only kill the dragon, but also come back together.
The game includes a level editor which lets you build your own adventures or play levels created by other players.
Xeodrifter is a Metroid-like action game developed by Renegade Kid.
The Xeodrifter flies his ship in deep space. Unexpectedly, his ship gets hit by an asteroid and he has to crash-land on a nearby planet to repair the ship. He travels from planet to planet to acquire new parts required for the repair of the ship and going off the star system Xeodrifter got trapped in.
Xeodrifter is a typical Metroidvania game. It is a two-dimensional platforming game that features immense interconnected maps which feature distinctive rooms and sections. The players cannot travel the whole map at first, as some sections of it require a specific ability or equipment to be opened. Sometimes, such items are protected by a unique and powerful enemy that has to be defeated by the players.
In the case of Xeodrifter, the players travel from planet to planet to find the necessary replacement parts. Several planets will be closed off for the players at the beginning of the game as they will need specific items to unlock the ability to land on them.
Xeodrifter features a completely flat two-dimensional graphics with a heavy use of shadows and parallax effects. The game uses the same color palette as the original Metroid games. Several Retrowave elements were added to the game in the form of music.
15. You Have to Win the Game
You Have to Win the Game is a retro 2D game heavily stylized to resemble an 8bit NES release.
The player controls an unnamed character and navigates it through the labyrinth in a medieval castle. The game is set in a largely open 2D world, in which the protagonist can move in every direction. There's no side-scrolling, and each section of the world occupies exactly one screen. To help the player to distinguish them, the sections have names, often comical, such as "Nice of you to drop in."
At the start of the game, the main character can only run and jump. After the player reaches a certain level, however, the game unlocks additional movements. The protagonist can eventually learn to bounce off the walls and perform double jumps. Nevertheless, the player cannot fight or otherwise defeat the monsters, such as bats and snakes he or she encounters. The only option is to avoid them. There are also collectibles like money bags, but they do not influence the gameplay. Their only role is to provide a 100% walkthrough achievement.
The game features intentionally pixelated visuals to resemble an 80s arcade. It is accompanied by 8bit sound effects and occasional chiptune music. There's even an option to emulate a CRT display. The game uses a very limited amount of 8 colors, although the player can choose to switch to a 16-color palette or to change the default colors.
16. Zombie Night Terror
Prepare yourself for the most thrilling night of your life! Something strange has happened and people everywhere are turning into blood thirsty walking corpses. But guess who’s the brains behind this hungry undead army? YOU! So spread this pandemic to wipe humanity off this planet. Because the only way to survive the zombie apocalypse, is to BE the apocalypse!
But the brainless undead are quite dumb… even dumber than you might expect given their lack of grey matter. Because when left to their own devises, they will just endlessly walk forward and fall into permanently deadly booby traps placed by not-so-helpless humans. So to accomplish your mission of world extermination, you will need to help guide them to their next yummy meal. Luckily you can utilize numerous special mutations to make your troops evolve and fulfil their appetite for flesh. But beware! Humans will not facilitate your dark will….they will fight to survive.
Spread terror through 40 levels and enrol more zombies into your undead army. Along the way you’ll have to solve brain tingling puzzles, and fight increasingly powerful foes that are hell-bent on staying alive. The closer you get to total world extinction, the harder survivors will fight to put you in the ground….for good.
Blood, tears, non-sexual moans, inappropriate laughter, and tons of puzzles that will literally blow your brains out... This is Zombie Night Terror!
- Command a Zombie Horde: You are the brain, they are the muscles. Your zombie horde will obey your commands without any strike risk or complaints … On the downside; you can’t have any heated conversations about late night movies or cool books anymore tough!
- Unique Mutation System: Having an army of deadly zombies is awesome. Having an army of mutated zombies is way better! Take advantage of our mutation system to overcome the enemy’s defences, by creating powerful new zombie types. Each has their unique power and abilities that can help you overcome different situations.
- Combo System: Because you thought mutations were your only way to facilitate your meat feast, we spiced it up allowing you to combine those and see what your enemies are made of (literally). Let’s show those pesky humans how to have fun!
- You are not alone: Having zombies is kind of like having a pet; it’s fun but you need to take care of them… That’s what humans are for, as they are the perfect way to keep your zombies well fed and busy. But beware! Humans are well armed and they do not appreciate the toothy company of the undead.
- Contaminate: Don’t have enough company? Do you need a bigger horde? Well, just convert Humans to your cause then! You don’t necessary need to bring flowers and be charming, as a single bite right into the neck (or anywhere that pleases you) should be enough to do the trick!
- Destructible Environments: In times of a zombie apocalypse, humans love to take their time playing hide and seek. However when the hunger for tasty flesh is this painful, you don’t have time for such childishness. So use the power or your horde to destroy their playground and spread terror among them… PEEKABOOM!
17. Sword of the Stars: The Pit
A deadly plague ravages your world. Your last hope: a legendary alien facility dug deep into the Feldspar Mountains...a massive Pit, built by the ancient Suul'ka.
If 'The Pit' really exists, there might be something left. Something that will give your doctors a fighting chance at the cure.
All you know for sure is that every expedition into those mountains has failed to return...
And Nothing Sows Death Like the Suul'ka.
Quamdiu Poteris Superesse?
Sword of the Stars: The Pit is a fun, fast, light-hearted turn-based RPG, where the tradition of Rogue and other old school dungeon-diving games meets the sci-fi Sword of the Stars universe, where the question to ask isn't "Did you make it to the end?" so much as "How far did you make it into The Pit before the monsters got you?"
Be brave, press on for the sake of your planet, and when all else fails, go out in a blaze of glory!Key Features
- 3 Characters to choose from... Marine, Pilot and Engineer!
- 30 Levels of ancient evil science between you and the cure!
- Improve your character and increase your skills as you try and find a way to survive the depths.
- Dozens and dozens of enemies drawn from the Sword of the Stars universe!
- Over 50 weapons and armors with a variety of special effects including flamethrowers, rocket launchers, plasma cannons and powered Brawler armor!
- Randomized augmentation effects (for your equipment... and for you!) make each game unique.
- Crafting lets you make special items from bits and pieces of your enemies.
- Over 100 items to discover, ranging from the familiar to ancient exotic tech.
- Dozens of room types containing a host of exotic devices to help - or maybe hinder - your progress.
- Discover and decipher hidden messages, crafting recipes, and pieces of Sword of the Stars lore!
- Many fiendish ways to die including poisoning, disease, traps, radiation, starvation and of course... MONSTERS.
18. Canyon Capers
Canyon Capers is a 2D platformer game.
The main character, DinoJr, is out on a quest of exploring different dungeons, canyons, and caves and hunting for great treasures hidden there. Other characters are unlockable through playing, with their unique traits and different approaches to each level. The levels in the game vary in goals and activities, wherein some there is a time limit to complete the run, while in others the player has to score some points by collecting trophies and defeating enemies.
The game follows a pattern set by the classic retro platformers: the player controls a character who can jump, get rid of enemies by landing on top of them and collect different upgrades. While at that, the game offers different challenges in the form of puzzles to solve and 50 different levels with progressing difficulty. Various types of enemies and dangerous traps await at each map, but the player can restore his progress after dying - the character respawns at the last haven.
Visuals and other features
As mentioned before, the game aims at giving its players the feeling of playing a retro platformer. Thus, the graphics are very cartoon-like, with characters having a simple, yet excellent and loveable design, and the backgrounds and other textures having much detail and work into them. The game also has a variety of achievements to obtain, as well as Steam Marketplace integration with a plethora of Steam Cards awarded for playing the game and completing some achievements.
19. The Count Lucanor
Join Hans in a fantasy world and experience a unique adventure, full of surprises and challenges. Get hooked on an immersive tale, where every decision counts and every clue is a piece to solve the puzzle and get the treasure. Unravel the sordid secrets of the castle, meet colorful characters, and remember: horror always lurks beneath the surface.
With a retro, halfway-between-8-and-16-bit style and inspired by classic games like The Legend of Zelda, Yume Nikki, Silent Hill or Dark Souls, among others, The Count Lucanor is an amazing mystery and horror adventure set in a fairytale world. The game features important choices, alternative endings, secrets and different ways to solve puzzles. The title is in development for PC, Mac and Linux.
- Exploration: Walk the Tenebre Castle and place candles on the ground to light up your path.
- Conversation: Talk to NPCs to get important clues and unravel the mystery of the Count Lucanor.
- Choices: Your actions change the course of story, with five different endings and several subplots.
- Stealth: Hide under tables and behind curtains to go undetected.
- Puzzles: Use the items you found wisely in order to progress.
- Skill: Avoid traps and enemies in the castle by anticipating them.
Once upon a time, there was a poor boy named Hans who lived with his mother near the woods. On his birthday, the boy had no presents nor sweets. He got so upset he decided to leave home for good. Before he left, his mother gave him his grandfather's cane, some cheese and three pieces of gold. Hans walked into the forest in search of adventure. Soon it was night and the boy was really scared, so he tried to go back. But then, a quaint kobold happened to cross his path and Hans decided to follow him to a castle. The kobold told him he would inherit great wealth if he passed a simple trial... guessing his name. Trapped in the castle, Hans will live a spooky mystery, fantasy and horror adventure to become the new Count Lucanor.
We’ve hired the greatest composer of all time - Johann Sebastian Bach - to create a soundtrack that will remain etched in your mind forever. Using chiptune tools, we’ve transformed a series of hidden gems of the author to create unique soundscapes for our tale.
20. Party Hard 2
You don't get your Christmas bonus and the only logical thing to do is go on a rampage at an Office Holiday Party. Welcome to Party Hard 2, the Stealth Strategy game you've been waiting for! With a brand new engine and art-style, Party Hard 2 expands Hitman-style gameplay of the original game with brand new features.
Some of the upcoming new gameplay features:
- Take out multiple targets at the same time with a powerful Multi-Kill ability
- Scan the room for useful objects and targets with Party Vision
- You can now pickup up to 3 extra items in your inventory. Why not light up the dance floor with a gas canister?
The game is currently in Alpha 1 stage, follow the game's development right here, click that FOLLOW button under the trailer!
If you like roguelikes or Mega Man, 20XX is for you!
20XX is a roguelike action platformer that you can play with a friend. Jump and shoot your way through ever-changing levels, collect awesome new powers, and battle mighty bosses in the name of saving the human race maybe!
20XX also features full co-op. Play with a friend on the couch or over the interwebs!
20XX supports 1-2 players locally or online via Steam. (Online play is 90% stable at this time.)
Crisp, precise controls - do exactly what you want your character to!
Over 100 mighty powerups to collect!
Tons of different play modes and optional difficulty modifiers!
Seeded Daily and Weekly Challenges!
All gameplay features available in both single player and co-op! (online or local)
Random levels: each time you play 20XX, the stages you play through will be brand new!
Permanent death: each 20XX playthrough is a self-contained life! Death sends you back to HQ, where you can buy powerful upgrades for future runs. (There's also a Reverent Mode where you get three lives to make it through the game instead of one.)
Persistent Upgrades: as you play 20XX, you'll earn Soul Chips, which unlock powerful Permanent Upgrades and expand the pool of items that can you can find as you play!
Halfway is a turn-based strategy RPG taking place a few hundred years into the future. Humanity has begun to colonise new worlds and until now, they were alone…
In Halfway you take control of a small team of survivors faced with a violent invasion onboard the colonial vessel Goliath. As their leader you will guide them through the dark and cramped corridors of the ship to slowly take back control.
If you have any hope of surviving, you’ll have to fight, face your fears and outsmart the enemy!
- Tactical turn-based battles are at the core of Halfway. Use cover, position, equipment and skills to your advantage in your battles.
- Unique characters: Your team is formed of unique characters you pick up along the way. Each one of them brings their own story, skills and experiences to the journey.
- Find yourself in the middle of an engrossing story-line. Step by step you’ll uncover the mysterious events that took place and what it means for you and all of humanity.
- Immerse yourself in 10-14 hours of gameplay in a beautiful pixel art environment with a lovely atmospheric soundtrack by Gavin Harrison
- Modding: Map Editor and full Steam Workshop support for your own custom campaigns and missions
23. Droid Assault
Play Droid Assault and experience running blaster battles with hordes of rampaging killer robots!
Discover a unique tactical arcade shooter, with the fun addictive gameplay of 8-bit classics. You'll need your wits and the help of your acquired droid squad to stay alive in this fast-paced retro actionfest. Wreak havok through 50 atmospheric levels of destructible scenery, avoid mines and turrets, and battle 48 different robot types from lowly Guardbots to the latest in Assassins, Special Ops and Battledroids.
With the aid of your trusty transfer beam capture your own squad of droids, armed with the latest hi-tech weaponry including lasers, rockets, grenades, flamethrowers and disruptors, boost their abilities with 17 kinds of powerup, and take on the formidable giant boss 'bots!
24. PixelJunk Nom Nom Galaxy
From the award-winning developers behind PixelJunk Monsters, PixelJunk Eden, and PixelJunk Shooter comes a genre-blending mash-up of Soup-tacular proportions!
Welcome to Soup Co., Astroworker! As an integral part of the Soup Co. family, your mission is to explore the remote planets in search of tasty ingredients to make the galaxies most delicious soups and then rocket them into the gullets of our hungry customers. But this isn't your typical soup kitchen - Astroworkers must battle against the planet's elements, alien plants and animals, and dastardly rival soup corporations! Build your base of operations with the help of your fellow Astroworkers and handy Soup Co. robots, make the galaxies most mouth-watering soups, then defend yourself from local wildlife and our rivals.
#nomnomGALAXY is a sandbox-styled mix of platforming, base building, tower defense, and good old fashioned monster-stomping! You'll create huge factory-bases where you'll experiment with tons of ingredients, make hundreds of types of soups to feed the galaxy, and rise in the ranks of the Soup Co.! Each planet will have its own challenges, from poisons gas to killer tomatoes. Only the most adept of Soup Meisters will succeed!Key Features
- Hundreds of different types of soups to discover
- Extensive soup recipe system that uses ingredients all of the planet's plants and animals
- Tower Defense gameplay from the makers of one of the most acclaimed Tower Defense games on any platform, PixelJunk Monsters
- Living planets that evolve as your base expands
- Tons of robot helpers to automate factories, defend your base, and collect ingredients
- Battle rival soup corporations throughout the galaxy for soup supremacy!
- Local split-screen co-op and up to 4 players online
Seraph is a skill based, acrobatic combat platformer... without aiming! Featuring an angel, known as Seraph, who's fighting to restore her lost power and ultimately escape a prison infested with demons. However, dark magic has trapped the angel inside her human Vessel: if the Vessel dies, so will Seraph.Key Features
- Gun-fu acrobatic combat - Seraph chooses her own targets with a wide range of deadly firearms, allowing the player to focus on acrobatic evasion instead. Dodge enemy attacks with lightning fast reactions and look awesome while doing it!
- Dynamic difficulty scaling - The on-screen difficulty rating ensures that the game is always challenging. The better you do, the harder the enemies (but the greater the rewards!).
- Designed to be replayed - Levels are procedurally generated and filled with random pick-ups, enemies and bosses. Craft new weapons, Miracles and protective items through the Transmutation feature and unlock powerful passive Oaths for your next demonic encounter. Daily and weeky challenge leaderboards allow you to test your mettle against other players.
- Not a rogue-like! - Seraph can be slain in her battles, but doing so will mean resurrecting with less maximum health. Discover hidden checkpoint orbs to save your start point through the campaign if you die completely.
- Twitch features - Seraph can be played in Twitch mode, allowing viewers to vote between levels to give the Streamer a positive or negative modifier, which then actually alters the game!
Categories in common with Seraph: Action
Dungetris is a game in a Rogue-like genre with an original system of building a level and the elements of a card game.
You build a tower by using the rules which are similar with the famous game. Finish the construction of the castle to the certain height and fight with a boss. These goals are the main ones in each level.
There are no standard items and inventory. You can help to your hero by means of playing cards. Everything, that you can find in the game, from weapon to quest is presented by playing cards. Collect them all!
Cards and blocks need to be used wisely. Sometimes the wrong step can lead you to the dead end.
- Different worlds
- Variety of hero cards
- Diversity of playing cards
- Several game modes
- Fun art and atmosphere music…
27. Hard Room
You are an artificial self-developing intelligence programmed by unknown scientist for the show "Hard Room". The greatest minds of the world create robots which have to pass through three dynamically changing locations. And you are the one of these robots. Glorify your creator and prove that you are the best.
New vision of a hardcore. Games have never been so cruel to players before. Are you brave enough to experience it ?
Then move on, 45 levels of hell and remember, every mistake is very expensive
28. Escape Goat 2
"The game’s flow from challenge to discovery is a masterwork for the genre ..." - Ars Technica
Escape Goat 2 is a puzzle platformer game where you use machinery, the environment, and a friendly mouse to progress through a dungeon.
Overview: None have overcome the Stronghold of Toragos... will you be the first goat to do so? Escape Goat 2 is the follow-up to the critically-acclaimed 2011 indie game, featuring more than double the content: larger rooms, HD graphics, dynamic lighting, and a host of devilish new traps.
Pick your path through the massive Stronghold, divided into ten unique zones. Worry not, brave Goat, for you have a friend on this mission: Your immortal mouse familiar can crawl to otherwise unreachable areas, to hit switches and distract enemies. Use your wits, reason, reflexes and courage to overcome each room, and save your friends from an eternal slumber...
- Over 100 rooms of puzzles, traps, and sheeply lore
- With destructible and movable walls, the rooms take on many forms as you manipulate hidden machinery to reach the exit
- Fully hand-drawn, hi-def art and animation, brought to life with a custom lighting engine
- Epic 90's Redbook Audio soundtrack, featuring guest track by Disasterpeace (composer, FEZ)
Listen to the soundtrack!
29. Fidel: Dungeon Rescue
Fidel is a roguelike where you can REWIND. <br/><br/>A puzzle-crawler where you trace a path through monsters, treasure and magic.<br/><br/>No grinding, no filler, loads fast, quick to play, and there are many secrets to uncover!<br/><br/>(Don't forget to bark)<br/><br/><strong>Anniversary Update</strong> - Including Daily Challenges, OST (free!), gameplay improvements and even a hidden videogame!<br/><br/>
30. One More Dungeon
One More Dungeon is a first person shooter roguelike with procedurally generated levels and pixel-art graphics. Being a nameless adventure seeker, you have to get to the final level of the dungeon and destroy the obelisks, which is being used by forces of Evil to invade the world. Use a melee weapon, magic staffs, and antique artefacts, to burst way through the hordes of enemies inhabiting a few game areas.
- Fusion of old school FPS and Roguelike games.
- Procedurally generated levels.
- 30+ types of enemies and 80+ items.
- Parallel universe with manually created locations.
- Sanity level, reduced by using of artefacts.
- Set of mutators, selected before the game started and modifying the gameplay.
31. The Eternal Castle [REMASTERED]
The Eternal Castle [REMASTERED] is an ambitious attempt to modernize an old classic in order to keep its memory alive. Through detailed research and hard work, the production team tried to expand the experience while keeping the same 'feel' and emotional flow of the original masterpiece from 1987.
[message:start]YEAR 2XXX - BEFORE THE FALL OF THE CYBER-NET SOCIETY EXTRA TERRESTRIAL HUMAN COLONIZATION UNITS WERE ABLE TO CONSTRUCT PARALLEL SURVIVAL FACILITIES AROUND THEIR ROOT PLANET IN ORDER TO REESTABLISH A SELF SUFFICIENT ECOSYSTEM IN SPACE THE PROCEDURE WAS DISCONTINUED BY NUMEROUS TERRORIST ATTACKS TO THE MAIN CORE SERVERS AFTER COUNTLESS GLOBAL WARS ALL SYSTEMS GOT SHUT DOWN AND THE PROCEDURE WAS NEVER AGAIN RESUMED POLLUTED WATERS CLIMATE CHANGE RADIOACTIVE WARFARE AND ABSENCE OF RESOURCES CAUSED THE MAJORITY OF THE REMAINING HUMANS TO DECEASE THE LAST COLONIZATION UNITS IN SPACE WERE ABLE TO SURVIVE FOR SEVERAL YEARS BEFORE EXTINGUISHING MOST OF THE REMAINING RESOURCES NEEDED FOR SURVIVAL SCAVENGER UNITS WERE SENT BACK TO EARTH TO GATHER MATERIALS IN ORDER TO RESTORE THE SELF-SUFFICIENT ECOSYSTEM FACILITIES AND CONTINUE THE EXTRATERRESTRIAL COLONIZATION PROCEDURE ONE OF THE UNITS WAS SENT BACK TO EARTH BUT THE UNIT NEVER RETURNED IT'S BEEN TOO LONG SINCE THE LAST TIME I WAS IN TOUCH WITH HER I KNOW SHE IS IN DANGER AND I KNOW SHE NEEDS MY HELP GOING BACK THERE BY MY OWN IS A SUICIDE MISSION BUT I HAVE NO CHOICE LEFT EITHER I GO, OR SHE DIES[\message:end]
Enjoy the atmosphere or speedrun through a post-AI fallout packed with challenges Meditate, Predict, and Wake up, in the eternal dream with Adam or Eve Fight your way through the Ancient Ruins Shoot your way through the Forgotten City Sneak by monsters in the Unholy Lab Enter the Eternal Castle Collect all 4 GLIDERS to power up your ship: Use up to 10 different weapons: Unlock up to 10 different items: Find all missing FRAGMENTS to get back home: Repeat the dream for as many times as you can before reaching the end.
33. Blasting Agent: Ultimate Edition
Flixel - an ActionScript 3 game framework. It was was praised by fans and won 3rd place in Newground's Flixel February contest in 2010.
Now, the game has been converted over to HaxeFlixel, a cross-platform, open source, free game development framework, retouched, tweaked, and cleaned up to create the definitive version of this classic game.
34. 8-Bit Commando
8-Bit Commando is a run and gun platformer with fast-paced action, a rocking soundtrack (from the chiptunes artist Ozzed), local multiplayer and explosions. The graphics will take you back to the classic age of gaming and the gameplay is bound to challenge even the most seasoned vets.
- 7 stages of intense action
- Local coop and versus mode
- Beautiful retro graphics
- Online hiscore
- Rocking chiptunes soundtrack
35. Devious Dungeon
Set in the Dark Ages, Devious Dungeon is a medieval focused action platformer title.
Under orders by the King, you will assume the control of a Knight instructed to head into the catacombs beneath the Kingdom, to slay the fowl beasts and monstrosities that have invaded the murky depths.
You must venture deep within the dungeons eliminating the threat!
Slay monsters, collect loot, level up and upgrade your gear.
Only a true champion will be victorious!
* Level randomization
* 5 worlds
* 68 levels
* Slay monsters and collect loot!
* Lots of weapons and gear
* RPG styled upgrades
* Boss Battles
* Mission system
36. FOX n FORESTS
FOX n FORESTS is a 2D action platformer with RPG elements inspired by the glorious days of 16-bit! Switch between various seasons on the fly, shoot and slash with your magic melee crossbow and snatch valuable loot to unveil the mystery of the 5th seasons. A thrilling pixel art fable with rewarding super secrets, screen filling bosses and thriving exploration. This is 16-bit how you remember it!5 SEASONS!Switch between various seasons to explore new areas, outfox enemies and uncover amazing secrets.MAGIC MELEE CROSSBOW!Wield a weapon like no other to shoot, slash, slide and switch seasons.FOXTASTIC FABLE!Help Rick the Fox uncover the mystery of the 5th season and bring back justice to the forests and its inhabitants.RETROTAINMENT!16-bit how you remember it with gorgeous pixel art and a catchy chiptunes soundtrack.ACTION PLATFORMER!A thrilling adventure with engaging RPG elements, clever puzzles and pixel perfect platforming.
37. Remnants of Naezith
Feel the acceleration in this fast-paced grappling hook platformer, Remnants of Naezith.
It focuses on having freedom of movement, solid character control and not having any speed limitations. The fun of swinging with grappling hooks and the amazing feel of acceleration makes a great combination in this game.
You play as Kayra, a human who shares his body with the soul of the ancient thunder dragon, Naezith! With the powers granted to him by the dragon, Kayra will destroy the Remnants of Naezith, enchanted fragments of the dragon's body, to prevent anyone from exploiting their power for evil.
- LEVEL SELECTION
Proceed through four chapters with 20 branching levels in each.
- SECRET LEVELS
Find the hidden remnants to unlock secret levels.
Watch top player replays and improve your skills to ascend.
- GLOBAL RANKINGS
Get a badge depending on your overall performance and compete worldwide.
Race against other people's best times or your own.
- SPEEDRUN MODE
Try going through the entire game or a specific chapter as fast as possible.
- CUSTOM LEVELS
Explore the countless levels made by the community and design your own.
38. Angry Video Game Nerd II: ASSimilation
When a mysterious beam from space changes the world into a video game, the angriest gamer you've ever heard must return to put the "ASS" in ASSimilation! Experience the classic, NES-hard challenge you've come to love, mixed with new mechanics, abilities, and collectible armor pieces that the Nerd must utilize in order to defeat his most challenging foe yet. This time the Angry Video Game Nerd isn't just saving his friends -- he's saving the world!!!
If you're a fan of old school difficulty, fart jokes, The Nerd, and/or old school platformers, you'll love Angry Video Game Nerd II: ASSimilation!
We're 100% cool with you posting gameplay videos, Let's Plays, reviews, etc of AVGNII:ASSimilation and monetizing them as much as you possibly can. Have fun! All we ask is that when you do them, let us know, because we want to watch you play the game -- that's fun for us!
39. Iron Fisticle
Iron Fisticle is a challenging twin-stick shooter that requires reflexes, speed and quick thinking to master. It takes the classic arcade arena shooters of the mid 80s and drags them, axes flying, into the 21st century.
Inspired by truly old school arcade games right down to the (optional) scanlines themselves, Iron Fisticle is both a retro game and a reinvention of a classic genre, with multiple routes through the game, bonus stages, a large variety of weapons and enemies, clever boss fights and much more:
• Classic twin-stick arcade gameplay meets modern accessibility, with controller support, achievements and collectables; endless supply of quarters and blistered thumbs not required.
• Randomly generated dungeons keep the gameplay fresh and offer a new experience every play-through.
• Re-live multiplayer as it was designed to be, with simultaneous two player local co-op.
• Multiple stats upgrades and weapon pick-ups change the way you play and fight in each game, while roguelikes-style persistent character upgrades allow you to explore deeper after every death.
• Over 150 different items to collect ranging from score boosters to weapons and power-ups.
• A scoring system that encourages fast paced risk taking while encouraging experimentation and discovery - like all the best classic arcade games.
• Retro-styled, hand-drawn pixel art graphics running at 60 FPS for a fluid action experience, complemented by excellent chip-tune inspired music and audio effects from Andy Lemon
40. Dungeon Journey
Fight your way through thousands floors of dungeons. Get precious treasures and slay undead creatures of hell to make your character stronger.
Play smart and use spells and abilities wisely to stay alive. Choose a hero that fit your playstyle and learn weaknesses in monster composition to beat them all.
Dungeon Journey is very simple and very deep at the same time. Best roguelike for everyone!
41. Heroes of Loot
Heroes of Loot combines the action of twin-stick shooters with the dungeon crawling of rogue-likes. You'll find yourself in the middle of hordes of ghosts, skulls, cyclops, critters and much more.. survive using quick reflexes, level up to improve your weapon, and if you have time complete some quests for extra loot and upgrades.
Heroes of Loot get's a lot of the inspiration from the original 80's classic Gauntlet games, combined with Robotron and Smash-TV style gameplay.
There are various secrets to uncover, hidden rooms full of special items to find, and perma-items to find and collect for extra power.
So, how deep into the dungeon can you go?
Play it alone, or with a co-op buddy.. just be sure to share the loot, healing potions, weapons, and shields...
...or not, and sacrifice your buddy for your own gain !
Heroes of Loot is a dungeon-game like no other: every time you play the dungeon will be different, every time you become better, the dungeon will also grow and become more dangerous..
this game will learn from you !
- Unlimited amount of randomly generated dungeons
- Random quests to reward you with extra loot, items, experience, and more
- Four classes to choose from: Elf, Warrior, Wizard and Valkyrie
- Special fifth class to unlock for the real gamers
- Secret area's
- Special mysterious dungeon items and obstacles
- A large collection of loot and items to acquire and aid you in your quest
- Always changing gameplay
This rogue-like walks a fine line between dungeon-crawler and shoot-em up.
42. Space Robinson
Space Robinson is a thrilling adventure of an engineer on a distant planet.
The intergalactic corporation VALUE sends you to repair the drilling rigs in colony number 21. A colorful planet, a friendly population, an ocean of resources... What could possibly go wrong?
Explore the procedurally generated locations of the distant planet filled with secret caches and valuable resources!
Fight dangerous enemies that lie in wait for you day and night!
Survive in the wilderness, collect resources, build protective turrets and craft ammunition!
Will this all help you get home? It depends on you!FEATURES
HARDCOREYou can always choose a way to die, be it enemies, traps, or the night! Fight, level up, unlock new guns and victory will be just around the corner!CRAFTNeed a gun that shoots lightning? Or need a first aid kit? It’s up to you to decide what to use in battle today! Collect resources and craft your dream loot!
BUILDINGDo you like to meet the sunrise, wrapped up in a blanket by the fire? Forget it! Build protective turrets to survive the harsh alien nights!BOTSSomeone has set up serious fortifications, but this isn’t an obstacle for your bots! Collect bot-assistants and destroy caches!
GENERATIONStart over and over again to find a way out! Explore all the locations to escape from this damned planet!
43. Timen runner
Hardcore pixel 2D platformer with steampunk elements, with randomly generated levels.
The main character is a little man who lives in the world of watches and watch mechanisms, his name is Timen.
Your task is to score as many points as possible to get to be on top of players. The hour keys and "elements” within the level will help you to do this task.
In the beginning, you will have one minute. If the countdown reaches zero, the character will die and you will lose.
- "Hour keys". Gives the opportunity to open new levels;
- "Elements". Adds 30 seconds to the countdown if you collect 5 of them.
- Minimal pixel 2D graphics;
- Design in the style of "Steampunk";
- Hardcore gameplay;
- Random generation of levels;
- Pleasant 8-bit music accompaniment;
- Different abilities of the character;
44. Unit 4
An evil alien army has stolen the sacred artifact of our heroes' tribe while invading their home planet. Similar reports are coming from other planets and the solar system will decay without the power of these artifacts. Our heroes will begin an epic journey to uncover the truth behind this invasion. Who are these aliens? What are they trying to accomplish? Can our heroes recover the artifacts before their entire solar system starts to collapse? Experience the ultimate old-school platforming mayhem: perform impossible tricks, play with your friends and get ready to save the universe! Fast paced platforming action, cooperative gameplay up to 4 players, an elite squad of agents with amazing skills, space travels, exploration, unique missions, fancy characters, incredible fights with huge bosses, trade, minigames and much more!
• Single player mode featuring a whole galaxy to explore (15 planets, 3 different worlds to fight for, 2 vendors, 3 unlockable minigames)
• 6 terryfing bosses on the path to stop you
• Hard-as-nails gameplay, as a dedication to the difficulty of classic games
• Beautiful art syle homaging old school platformers
• Characters & ship customization
• Cooperative mode up to 4 players
45. Kings under the hill
Kings under the hill is a side-scrolling real time strategy with fully customizable units and destructible randomly generated maps. You have to fight not only with your enemy but also you should take into account the external forces that can help or hurt .Custom your units as you want make them more agile, accurate, strong or healthy or recruit super mega beast warriors just attract them by golden coins. What about weapons and armor? Or you prefer that your well trained warrior will be killed by heavy armored farmer? Ok, to avoid such confuse it’s necessary to equip them with some stuff. Good equipment requires resources. Some of them fall on the head from the surface other one lay in deep mines but fighting with a wooden log in the hand doesn’t sounds realistic (this game is totally realistic) any way a raw must be reworked by multiple workshops of your little kingdom.Key features:
- Customizable units
- Brutal fights
- Destructible randomly generated maps
- Customizable palette
- External forces
ZombieThon is an arcade shoot ‘em up, with the goal of each mission being to survive as long as possible and to use any means to do so. Upgrades could come in the form of bouncing bullets, split shot, or even a few special upgrades that are nothing short of a natural disaster.
- Single-player mode, for those that like a challenge.
- 2 to 4 PLAYERS in Scaling Online Multiplayer.
- Lots of different upgrades and combos for your weapons.
- Special bullet abilities.
- Unlockable characters in each level.
- Unique character abilities.
- 3 maps with more on the way.
- Infinitely scaling waves.
47. The Madness of Little Emma
Emma was living alone with her younger brother until one day he has disappeared in eerie circumstances. Help Emma find her brother and learn what has happened.
The Madness of Little Emma is a randomly generated action platformer with heavy Rogue-like elements. In her journey Emma will discover tons of varied items and encounter multitudes of unique enemies.
- Over 100 hours of challenging gameplay
- Over 250 items
- 5 playable characters - each with completely different playstyle
- Almost a hundred unique enemy types
- 25 bosses
- Five episodes and multiple hidden areas
- Persistent Steam leaderboard
- A curious story
- 6 cutscenes (intro + 5 endings)
- XB360 Controller support
- Top-quality pixel art
- Cinematic music
- Lots of Achievements and unlockables
- Tons of Secrets
48. Feral Fury
Fast-paced twin stick shooter rogue-lite action
May the soil we conquer nurture the holy seeds of the great bamboo
Long after humankind perished in the flames of the oil wars, the great panda empire is
expanding throughout the galaxy as the new dominant power. With the old world in ashes
and an endless need for bamboo, entire planets are turned into plantations, and the
flames of war are lit once again.
- 15 Procedurally-generated stages split into 5 chapters
- Tons of items including helmets, weapons, drones, power ups, scrolls and more
- Collect orbs to unlock permanent upgrades
- Find secret stages and hidden keys to unlock special shops and merchants
- Unlockable characters
- Endless Daily Run - Take the fight to the leaderboards once a day in a locked seed with 3 random items and 1 random curse (e.g. slippery floor, bouncing enemy bullets).
49. Crown Champion: Legends of the Arena
In Crown Champion: Legends of the Arena you are not a hero, a noble ruler, or even a combatant. Instead, you are the new owner of a team of fighting slaves, one of the many factions who compete for the adoration of the common people in the ancient storied arenas of the Crownlands.
Your task will be to oversee the training of your fighters and build your estate into an effective school of combat, all while trying to enhance your personal reputation and standing among the nobles of the realm. This is an expensive business, and the king demands his taxes - so you must make sure to manage your treasury with care and attention.
Glory awaits those with a bold heart and a steadfast mind, as well as a place for their faction among the legends of the arena ...
- Inherit a dilapidated estate and a couple of fledgling fighters, and then over time develop it into a prestigious academy for your team of fighting slaves. Restore the ruined buildings and hire new staff to serve your every need, from doctors and trainers to cooks and scribes.
- Progress through twelve arenas and dozens of opponents to reach the royal arena in the city of Aldmoor, where your slaves will fight for the glory of the king and queen.
- Develop relationships with whichever fighters you choose to acquire from the slave ship, each of whom comes with a unique personality and a fully fleshed-out backstory.
- Train your fighters and purchase new and stronger equipment as your fortunes increase, progressing through shortswords and basic leather coverings to halberds and full plate armour.
- As your reputation grows you can also choose to become engaged with the turbulent politics of the realm, following a series of 'choice and consequence' based storylines and meeting many important characters along the way.
- And of course, you must have a life outside of the arena. Find a husband or wife to share in your glory. Build stables and start keeping a team of racing horses to bring more money into your household. Forge a legacy to last the ages.
50. Cybarian: The Time Travelling Warrior
Cybarian The Tme Travelling Warrior is a classically inspired arcade action game, with a mixture of modern and retro gaming tropes.
The game is an amalgamation of old school 2d platformers and side scrolling beat em’ ups.Features
- Beautifully animated and expertly realised retro style pixel art.
- Epic boss battles! Expand your abilities!
- Explosive and engaging combat!
- Classic platforming.