The best games like Band of Defenders are:
- arrow_rightDOOM (2016)
- arrow_rightSleeping Dogs
- arrow_rightWolfenstein: The Old Blood
- arrow_rightMiddle-earth: Shadow of War
- arrow_rightKilling Floor 2
- arrow_rightWarhammer 40,000: Space Marine
- arrow_rightSerious Sam 3: BFE
- arrow_rightRed Faction Guerrilla
100 Best Games Like Band of Defenders:
Filter by Platform Select a Platformarrow_drop_down
- PC (100)
- Xbox One (57)
- PlayStation 4 (69)
- iOS (48)
- Android (30)
- macOS (100)
- Linux (61)
- Nintendo Switch (22)
- Nintendo 3DS (2)
- Nintendo DS (4)
- Xbox 360 (44)
- Xbox (8)
- PlayStation 3 (57)
- PlayStation 2 (17)
- PlayStation (12)
- PS Vita (14)
- PSP (12)
- Wii U (3)
- Wii (11)
- GameCube (4)
- Game Boy Advance (1)
- Game Boy (1)
- SNES (1)
- Classic Macintosh (4)
- Commodore / Amiga (2)
- Genesis (4)
- SEGA Saturn (3)
- SEGA Master System (1)
- Dreamcast (2)
- Game Gear (1)
1. DOOM (2016)
Return of the classic FPS, Doom (2016) acts as a reboot of the series and brings back the Doomslayer, protagonist of the original Doom games. In order to solve the energy crisis, humanity learned to harvest the energy from Hell, and when something went wrong and demon invasion has started, it’s up to the player to control the Doomslayer and destroy the evil.
Doom is a fast-paced game that restores the concept of instant health packs and leaving the player against armies of Hell with no cover, no health regeneration or help from anyone. After damaging monsters enough, they will start glowing, which will allow players to perform glory kills to restore some health. While exploring the levels, players will come across secrets, collectible items or upgrade points for the weapons and armor. The single-player campaign silent protagonist has noticeable personality. He gets visibly annoyed and angry in his actions during expository cutscenes and forces his way through the game. Multiplayer maps gather players in Deathmatch/”king-of-the-hill” type game modes, with all the weapons from the single-player campaign.
2. Sleeping Dogs
Sleeping Dogs is a third-person action shooter with RPG elements, having Hong Kong as its central location. The city is an open world for the player’s exploration, and many gameplay features revolve around interacting with the surroundings. A huge aspect of immersion would be music, as it is themed according to the geographical location of the city.
The main character Wei Shen finds himself in various situations which lead to the development of the main story. Resolving conflicts between local citizens and Hong Kong’s organized crime, the protagonist is offered to join one of the city’s gangs. Due to this, the players need to plan their actions carefully, building trust among both the gangsters and the police.
The game features an unlock-based role-playing system, where every consecutive ability or trait is unlocked after the player achieves a specific goal or levels up character’s prestige in each of the three in-game groups. The combat system is heavily reliant on the character’s skill of martial arts, but conventional weaponry is also a favorable choice. Non-story related interactions add flavor to the overall gameplay, as there is a wide choice of how to spend the protagonist’s free time.
3. Wolfenstein: The Old Blood
Wolfenstein: The New Blood is an FPS game which serves as a prequel to Wolfenstein: The New Order developed by MachineGames.
The game is set in the alternate 1946, where Nazi Germany is close to winning World War II. You play as B.J Blaskowicz set out on a secret mission to turn the tides in favor of the Allies.
The game is divided into two chapters: Rudi Jäger and the Den of Wolves and The Dark Secrets of Helga Von Schabbs.
In the first chapter, you have to escape the prison Blaskowicz was put into after his cover was blown.
The second chapter has Blaskowicz infiltrate the fictional city of Wolfburg, where Helga Von Schabbs, a high-ranked Nazi archaeologist found several dark magic artifacts.
Each level in the game is a semi-open sandbox which the player can navigate and explore freely. Experience intense and fast combat with the ability of dual-wielding any weapon you find. The game features an uncommon cover system, where the character leans out of the cover. The perk system is also present. In order to unlock a perk, the player has to complete a specific task. Perks can grant a bonus to health, armor or an ability to perform a silent takedown.
4. Middle-earth: Shadow of War
Middle-earth: Shadow of War is a continuation of Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor
The game operates on the world and the characters of the books of JRR Tolkien. However, it will be more accurate to say that the game is closer to the cinematic version of this story, created by director Peter Jackson. This is noticeable both in the visual solutions of some locations, and in the events themselves and their location in time relative to each other.
Judging by the events, the game takes place between the events of the books "The Hobbit" and "The Lord of the Rings". However, in the game there are also such events as the fall of the city-fortress of Minas Ithil and its transformation into Minas Morgul - in books these events occur several thousand years earlier.
As in Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor, in the game Middle-earth: Shadow of War, the Nemesis system operates. This system provides a change in the world of the game and its inhabitants from the actions of the player. Therefore, each passage differs from other passages. For the game Middle-earth: Shadow of War, the Nemesis system has been improved.
If the player has the game Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor, he can transfer to Middle-earth: Shadow of War some characters from the previous game - one enemy and one ally.
The player controls Talion. Taleon is obsessed with the spirit of the elven ruler of Celebrimbor. Taleon tries to use one of the rings of power to build an army of orcs and trolls and fight with Sauron and his generals.
5. Killing Floor 2
Killing Floor 2 is a cooperative first-person survival horror game developed by Tripwire Interactive.
The game is based on events of the first Killing Floor. A biotech corporation Horzine attempts to create military clones, yet something goes wrong and now the mutant clones are spread all around Europe. Governments collapse and the infrastructure is almost non-existent.
Up to 6 players spawn on the map in order to kill the boss. The players have to hold out 4, 7 or 10 waves of enemies after which the boss spawns. Each wave has more enemies and special mutants. After the end of a wave, the players can visit the trader, where they can buy weaponry and equipment. Players earn money and experience points for killing enemies. The more players there are on the map - the more enemies spawn. The difficulty level is also affected by the number of players. The only difference between singleplayer and multiplayer is in the number of players.
The game features a class system. Players spawn with level 0 and can level themselves up to level 25. Each class is better in one field of combat. For example, medics have a speed boost and can heal other players while supports are able to seal the doors.
Categories in common with Killing Floor 2: Action
6. Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine
A millions-strong Ork horde has invaded an Imperial Forge World, one of the planet-sized factories where the war machines for humanity’s never ending battle for survival are created. Losing this planet is not an option and be aware of the far more evil threat lurking large in the shadows of this world.
Experience 40,000 years of combat, evolved. Enhance your vast arsenal as you unlock new weapons, upgrades, armor & abilities through an accessible progression system. This devastating weaponry empowers players to deliver bone crushing violence and dismemberment to their enemies.
With an Imperial liberation fleet en-route, the Ultramarines are sent in to hold key locations until reinforcements arrive. Captain Titus and a squad of Ultramarine veterans use the bolter and chainsword to take the fight to the enemies of mankind.
BRUTAL 8VS8 ONLINE COMBAT
Form your own Space Marine squad or Chaos Space Marine warband and face off in 8 vs 8 online matches. Gain experience and unlock new weapons and armor to customize the Devastator, Assault, and Tactical Marine classes.
7. Serious Sam 3: BFE
The alien monster destroyed all earthlings, except one. But this one has a full set of everything that can be called hardcore and brutality. From the athletic figure and the hoarse voice to short phrases that leave no doubt in the victory. He goes to the past, for it can return everything as it was.
This type of hero sets everything else, the plot is clear and straightforward - run and shoot. It happens on twelve levels, the landscapes of which are created by Nature for bloody and dynamic battles. Everyone who likes to shoot and run will be happy with everything in this game. The best in the genre is collected in one place and cleaned to chemical purity. Even the monsters you meet as old friends - and they also try for you with all their might. They roar, beat and shoot, covering the sky.
There are enough weapons in the game, including hand-to-hand combat skills. Separate pleasure - if you kill monsters by your hands, you need to find your own approach to each. One monster needs to be pulled out of the eye, the other will die only if you wrest the heart. The heart, by the way, can then be thrown in someone - it can kill. There are a lot of pleasant surprises of this kind in the game.
8. Red Faction Guerrilla
Red Faction: Guerrilla is a third-person shooter developed by Volition, Inc. It is the third installment in the Red Faction franchise.
The game is set 50 years after the first game. After the Earth Defence Force saved the Martians from the oppression of Ultron corporation, a new dictatorship had been established. Alec Mason arrives on Mars to earn money and meet his brother who is later killed. Alec joins the Red Faction to free the people of Mars from the reign of EDF and avenge his brother.
The singleplayer resembles a large set of missions in which Mason has to bring down the tyrannical regime. The planet is divided into 6 large districts. The player has to get all the districts under control and lower the enemy presence.
The main feature of the game is total destruction in the game's open world. It is necessary to bring down the buildings in order to complete story missions and gain reputation. A large set of vehicles is available to the player. The main currency of the game is scrap which drops from the destroyed buildings and paid out to the player after completing the missions.
Multiplayer mode is also present in the game. Players have the selection of six game modes.
9. STAR WARS Jedi Knight - Jedi Academy
New students are arriving at Jedi Academy on distant Yavin IV but unknown enemy shots down their shuttle. As soon-to-be Jedi approach the Academy on foot they stumble upon two stormtroopers and Dark Jedi that seems to be the reason for the calamity.
The game is the sequel to Jedi Outcast and a part of the series of Jedi Knight RPGs from Raven Software. It continues the tradition of sparkling third-person action gameplay adding new stuff to destroy, new missions to complete and vehicles to drive. A player is granted an opportunity to create own character, customize its appearance, choose lightsaber and learn the way of The Force.
Jedi Academy heavily emphasizes its multiplayer capabilities: there are more than 20 arenas and 6 different play modes to fight your friends and foes that keep gamers playing it even today more than a decade after its release. At its heart is modified Quake III Arena Engine and through the years the game gathered around itself a unique community of fans that mods the jack out of their beloved Jedi Academy.
10. The Crew
The Crew is an online driving simulator developed by Ivory Tower.
Alex Taylor, the brother of a 5-10 motor club founder Dayton, helps his brother run some errands. But it does not go according to plan as Dayton gets killed. Alex is framed for his murder and sent to prison. Five years pass, an FBI agent proposes a deal to Alex. He will be let go if he helps expose a corrupt FBI Special Agent. Alex agrees and sets out to seek revenge.
The Crew features a vast open world that resembles the scaled down version of the modern United States. The map is divided into five regions each of which features different geography and weather. The game's missions can be played alone or in a player's crew. The game is online-only nonetheless. Apart from the usual races, players can participate in so-called skill challenges. After every mission, the player's score is saved and displayed to all his friends. Online matchmaking allows up to eight players to participate in one race.
The game takes place in London after the zombie apocalypse. London, according to the creators of the game, was chosen as a setting, because it combines new and old styles of architecture with a rich history. In addition to the architectural heritage, London gave the game a start to the plot, a real historical personality - John Dee, who in the game is called the author of the Black Prophecy, which is associated with the invasion of zombies.
The game has a place not only for battles for the immediate survival, but also for performing tasks to find the vaccine against infection - the player has to look for different places, people and information. The game encourages exploration, all the time opens up new spaces.
The player can find firearms, Molotov cocktails in bottles and even an indestructible baseball bat. Zombies are of several types: exploding, armored, spitting with acid.
Ammunition, drugs and other useful things the player finds on the ground. If a player is bitten by a zombie, the player irreversibly turns into a zombie - but everything that he managed to find and collect before, remains the property of this zombie. And in the next game you can find this zombie and take back your possessions. In a multiplayer game, other players can do it.
Hawken is a multiplayer fighting game that places you in front of the control panel of a huge robot. There are 12 mech models, and each of them has its own unique characteristics: while the first ones are faster, the second are stealthier, and the third are stronger. Additionally, every mech has a special ability. You can choose the robot that fits your playstyle - or try them all one by one.
Mechs can be upgraded with experience points, gained during battles, or with modules and gadgets, you can buy in stores. While the experience develops passive initials characteristics, gadgets work as boosts and additional abilities.
Maps in these game deserve special attention as they are not flat and linear - instead, each of them has several levels to demonstrate mechs’ ability to jump and fly. Map design is another challenge for you along with the development as it needs you to be careful and quickly respond to your opponents’ moves and attacks.
Singularity is a shooter game developed by Raven Software.
The protagonist is Captain Nathaniel Renko, a part of a U.S. Recon Marines group. The action starts from an uninhabited island called Katorga-12.
An electromagnetic surge from the island hits an American satellite, and the unit goes there to investigate the place. Another surge damages the crew’s helicopter; Nathaniel is the only person who stays alive. He fades out to find himself in the past. At this point, the plot twists; every event in the past has an impact on the present. Back in 1955, Nathaniel meets Nikolai Demichev, a Soviet scientist working at Katorga-12. Further on, Renko and Demichev run against each other during the whole story; their interactions are at the core of the game.
Singularity is the first-person shooter; the player performs the protagonist's actions. The main gameplay device is not a weapon, but an artifact called the Time Manipulation Device. Using that, the player can move the protagonists and objects around back and forth in time. At some point the player has to make choices; they affect the game result. The game also has multiplayer modes; the player can perform either as a soldier or as a creature, one of the individuals inhabiting Katorga-12.
The game’s concept is based on the Cold War era. Some features are inspired by exploration of military bases back in the 20th century and by sci-fi movies.
14. Red Faction Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered
Red Faction: Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered is a third-person action game remake developed by Volition, Inc.
After the EDF took down the Ultron Corporation, a new tyrannical regime was established soon after. Alec Mason comes to the red planet in search for work and to see his brother. Not long after their meeting, Mason's brother is murdered by the Earth Defence Force. Alec learns about an underground resistance group called Red Faction and joins them to seek revenge for his brother.
The players have to complete a wide range of missions in the game's singleplayer mode. These missions can be taken in whichever order the players see fit. There are six districts present on the planet. Mason has to gain the trust and respect of the residents from the whole districts to make them join his side, lower the enemy presence, and in the end, put the regime to end.
The game's world is highly interactive with the players being able to bring every building they want down thanks to an advanced physics model. This feature is used a lot in the game, as many quests will have Mason demolishing administration buildings, infrastructure and so on. The in-game currency is given out to the players for the destruction of the environment and mission completion.
Re-Mars-tered Edition features
No gameplay changes were applied whatsoever. However, the game's graphics engine was heavily reworked and modified which allowed for native 4K and HDR support.
15. Shank 2
The direct sequel to Shank (2010). The main protagonist, Shank, is a former mafia hitman. His home country is taken over by a military coup led by ruthless General Magnus, and Shank has no choice but to fight the regime's militia. There's also a second protagonist, Shank's childhood friend Corina. She can be played in several story missions, as well as in a newly introduced multiplayer survival mode. Corina's abilities are slightly different from that of Shank's, her moves are swifter, however, her attacks deal less damage.
The game is played as a 2D side-scroller. To move forward, Shank and Corina have to defeat all enemies they encounter, using three types of weapons: piercing them with knives, smashing with a club or shooting with a gun. The weapons can be switched on a fly during the action, thus allowing a variety of combos. The gameplay has slightly changed since the original game: blocking is not allowed anymore, and dodging is the only option to evade damage. Like its predecessor, Shank 2 features a somewhat cartoonish visual style, that contrasts the quite bloody and grotesque action scenes.
16. Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts
Addition to the game Company of Heroes. Can be downloaded as a stand-alone game, the main game is not needed.
The main game takes place on the battlefields of the Second World War.
The player commands troop units, units of equipment and unique combat units. The main task is the struggle for resources.
Each side of the game has its own separation of forces. The Americans have infantry, landing and tanks. The Germans have defensive, offensive and propaganda forces.
Three levels of experience increase the rate of fire, the ability to inflict damage, speed, health, armour or range of the combat unit, depending on its type.
The fighting spirit of infantry is present as one of the measurable parameters and strongly influences the course of combat.
In addition to a single campaign, the game allows you to conduct multiplayer matches on the local network or the Internet with the number of players from 2 to 8.
The addition adds to the game two new factions, namely the British Second Army and the Tank Guard (Panzer Elite), for which you can play not only in multiplayer but also in two full-fledged campaigns.
The campaign for the British includes ten missions in what was then occupied France. Campaign for the tank guard (Panzer Elite) is more diverse.
Survarium is a free-to-play MMO shooter with RPG elements, set in a post-apocalyptic future. The most of the Earth’s population was destroyed by ecological catastrophes, and the survivors need to protect themselves from infections and fight mutants to stay alive. It’s an ideological successor of the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series and is created by former employees of GSC Game World.
You can customize and develop your character by upgrading different skills, such as musketry, physical strength, medical and technical knowledge and so on. The game features several multiplayer modes, in which teams fight over relicts, collect certain items and play team deathmatches. There is also a PvE team mission. It focuses on exploration and confrontation between players and their AI opponents and tells the story of the in-game world. During this mission you need to complete different tasks on a huge map and reach the control point.
Ziggurat is an indie first-person adventure dungeon crawling game developed by Milkstone Studios.
The game was heavily inspired by Heretic and Hexen, which are considered classic first-person shooters. You play as a sorcerer who seeks fame. He enters a mysterious labyrinth and faces all the dangers of an ancient dungeon.
The game revolves around fast-paced and action-packed first-person shooting classical mechanics. Several roguelike elements were also added into the mix which resulted in a completely different addition to the genre. The levels are procedurally generated so that every playthrough will be different. Leveling up and improving your skills is a must in order to survive countless enemy encounters.
A perk system is also present in the game. Most of the perks featured in the game are designed for the players to create their own play style. The choice between the perks was purposely made simple. For example, the players have to choose between increased movement speed at the expanse of lower health or mana regeneration.
There is no inventory present in the game as it was streamlined in order to increase the gameplay speed. Instead of that, all the players have to manage is the comparison of several items, weapon selection, and the amount of mana and health.
19. Natural Selection 2
Natural Selection is a unique blend of RTS and first-person shooter that is complex enough it takes some time to master.
Two teams -- elite marines Frontiersmen and vicious alien Khaara -- compete against each other on robust maps. The number of them is limited only by the play imagination: the game features compelling level editor, scripting and graphical tools to sculpt a unique adventure. FPS mechanic is simple -- you just point and shoot. The beauty of the game mechanics truly shines in intense multiplayer sessions: you have to come up with the cunning strategy to win against players in Khaara team. The goal: clear spreading alien infestation for marines and destroy power nodes for aliens. For a successful completion of all tasks, players need to choose a leader in their midst. The leader rank requires to come up with the cunning strategy as well as with operative control of players.
Developers are still polishing their creation, so players are sure to get new patches and maps frequently.
20. E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy
E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy is an action RPG with shooter elements and a cyberpunk setting. You take on the role of a warrior monk, genetically upgraded and possessing psionic abilities. The in-game world is split by two forces that want to take the control over. You need to choose the side, however, you can’t trust anyone, even your closest friends and teachers. The game has different endings depending on your choices.
The protagonist is fully customizable. You can upgrade his abilities according to your style during non-linear missions and multiple quests. It’s on you to focus either on stealth or pushing - as the character’s body is mechanically enhanced, you can develop it any way you want. Moreover, you have “nine lives”: after the first nine deaths you will respawn immediately where you were killed, and only the tenth death will throw you back to the checkpoint.
21. Rock of Ages
Rock of Ages is a game which resembles a racing game, a Tower Defence and a platformer at the same time. It was developed by ACE Team.
The game is loosely based on the myth of Sisyphus. The main objective of the player is to use a giant boulder in order to destroy the enemy castle located at the bottom of the hill while at the same time defending your own stronghold using various structures. Players can build money farms to raise the funds necessary to build defensive structures or upgrade the boulder itself. After gathering a certain amount of money it is possible to equip both defensive and offensive upgrades to the boulder. The enemies can destroy the boulder in which case the player has to wait until the boulder spawns again and proceed with the offense. The player wins if they successfully destroy the enemy's castle gates and place the boulder right in the center of the castle.
There are five distinctive time periods present in the game, such as romanticism, rococo, renaissance, and so on.
Raiders of the Broken Planet - Prologue is free of cost game which serves as a demo campaign for an online asymmetric multiplayer game Raiders of the Broken Planet, which was developed by MercurySteam and later rebranded as Spacelords.
Set in the distant future on a mysterious Broken Planet, the game tells the story of its Raiders who set out to free the planet from the hands of the Antagonist.
The game focuses on the four versus one asymmetric multiplayer horde mode. Play as one of the Raiders with three other players and stand against numerous hordes of enemies or switch sides and become the Antagonist, who will use all means to stop the heroes from completing their objective. The players are free to choose one of seventeen characters to play as. The game also features a so-called Character Card system which allows for the customization of the chosen character. The players can also mod their weapons however they see fit.
Raiders of the Broken Planet was renamed to Spacelords due to completely changing its pricing model and going free to play. All the campaigns of the game were made available to all the players.
Yet the gunplay got an overhaul. In order to get a new weapon, the players have to grind for a randomly spawning blueprints and then spend large amounts of in-game currency to build the weapon they got. This was met with severe backlash by the users.
23. Dead Island Definitive Edition
The game that re-defined the zombie genre - fully remastered.Paradise meets Hell!Welcome to the zombie apocalypse experience of a lifetime – and now more beautiful than ever. Caught in the midst of an epic zombie outbreak on the tropical island of Banoi, your only thought is: Survive!The Dead Island ExperienceSmash heads, crack skulls and slice ‘em up with visceral astounding melee combat and true story-based 4 player co-op in a sprawling open world just waiting for exploration.Features
- Includes all previously released DLC!
- Fully remastered: Experience Dead Island in crisp full HD with Improved graphics, game models and a photorealistic lighting system with physically based shading
- Adrenaline-Fuelled Combat: Smash heads, crack skulls and slice ‘em up with the weapon of your choice in the visceral astounding melee combat
- Seamless Coop Multiplayer: Collaborate with your friends, live through a story of the struggle for survival in a world gone mad
- Discover the Island: Explore the island paradise; from the deserted city, secluded beaches and vast highlands – discover the story behind the zombie outbreak
- Experience the atmosphere: Experience the dense atmosphere - feel the destruction, the horror and madness. Immerse yourself in the turmoil that is taking place on the Island.
Categories in common with Dead Island Definitive Edition: Action
24. Ace Combat Assault Horizon - Enhanced Edition
Ace Combat: Assault Horizon is a combat flight simulator game, the 13th installment in Bandai Namco’s Ace Combat series.
The story takes place in 2015 in different places across the world, including Miami, Russia, East Africa, and the Middle East. You play as Lieutenant Colonel William Bishop, head of the United States Air Force's Warwolf Squadron and his sidekicks on the mission of defeating Russian criminal syndicate Blatnoi.
The gameplay is very reminiscent of other Ace Combat entries. You control different aircraft on various combat missions. The game’s controls are a compromise between arcade-like and realistic approaches. For the first time in series, the game features a “Close-Range Assault’ system that is intended to bring the action closer to the player.
Besides single-player campaign, the game offers various multiplayer modes. There are both cooperative missions and competitive matches. Two new modes introduced in Assault Horizon are Capital Conquest and Domination. In Capital Conquest, your team must destroy the opposite’s team headquarters. In Domination, two teams try to take over three bases in one city.
The Enhanced Edition of Ace Combat: Assault Horizon is an upgraded PC port of the game. It features improved graphics, controls, additional, and multiplayer content.
The ancient myth of Pandora's box serves as the starting point of this game. Archaeologists find an artifact, a mysterious box, in ruins on the ocean floor, in the early 21st century. They can not determine what it is and put a find in one of the museums in New York, where it is well guarded.
However, there is a person in the world who knows exactly what it is. This is the millionaire Ormond LeFey. LeFey hires an experienced thief Charles Deckard. Deckard must enter the museum, open this artifact and take its contents.
Pawn in someone else's game
Deckard easily bypasses the security system of the museum and opens the box. When he does this, Signet appears on his left hand, and a powerful cloud of energy rips out of the box into the sky.
Deckard leaves the museum and sees that there are creatures running around the streets, which were known only from myths. The sky is also full of these creatures, and all of them, both in heaven and on earth, attack people, tear them apart, turn over cars and destroy buildings.
From Pawn to Queen
Deckard is the only person capable of removing monsters from our world. Deckard has to fight monsters with conventional weapons, but Signet on his arm absorbs the energy of dead monsters, this energy is able to heal Deckard and give him the power to "kinetic strike". Some useful things also do not work unless you apply this energy to them.
Deckard has a notebook containing information about his tasks, monsters and weapons.
During the game, Deckard has to go to London, then again return to New York, to penetrate the headquarters of LaFay, to cope with many other missions.
Allies and multiplayer
Deckard is assisted by members of the paramilitary organization "Council of 98", this organization also knows about the artifact. The millionaire LeFay, who hired Deckard to open the artifact, is also not the loner, but the head of another organization, the Black Order, which seeks to master the forces of the artifact to conquer the world.
When playing in multiplayer mode, up to eight people can participate in the game, and the Council of 98 and the Black Order are very relevant there.
26. Children of Morta
Note: The game is currently available for our Kickstarter backers only, release date for the public will be announced.
The Bergson family has watched over Mount Morta for generations as the guardians of the mystical mountain. They now face their most dangerous trial as a family. Corruption has spread, morphing the once peaceful mountain into a violent and monster infested nightmare.
Experience what it means to be in a family of heroes. Take part in their journey, their struggles, and their victories! Witness a love for eachother unmatched by even the gods themselves. Fight through hordes of monsters unimaginable as you explore a mountain constantly in flux. Gorgeous and breathtaking procedurally generated dungeons guarantee a unique experience every time you leave the safety of the Bergson’s house in pursuit of the truth behind the Corruption.
6 Playable Characters
John, Mark, Linda, Joey, Kevin, and Lucy are all prepped and ready for the forthcoming fray. Discover each family member’s unique fighting style and delve into their personalities and past.
Procedurally Generated World
Every forest, dungeon, or temple you explore and skirmish through is procedurally to guarantee a unique experience every play through.
Mountain of Mystery
Delve into the mountain and discover the mystical world of Morta. Unearth why the Corruption has come to this seemly peaceful mountain. Find lore scattered about giving glimpses into the lives of the mountain’s residents.
Pixel Art to A New Level
A combination of hand painted pixel art and frame by frame animations partnered with modern lighting techniques come to life to create the beautifully dangerous world of Mount Morta.
27. Blue Estate
Blue Estate is a darkly funny on-rail shooter based on the comic books from Viktor Kalvachev.
WELCOME TO THE FIRST NEXT GEN RAIL SHOOTER!
Using Kinect for Xbox One motion detection capability, Blue Estate offers previously unmatched immersion into the mafia world of Los Angeles, packed with humour, original gameplay and incredible fun.
In Blue Estate you will play Tony Luciano, the psychopathic son of the Italian mafia godfather of LA and Clarence, an ex-Navy SEAL, penniless and now a hit-man bent on cleaning up the mess started by Tony. As Tony launches a personal vendetta against the Sik Brother’s gang in an attempt to save his best dancer, Cherry Popz, Clarence wants to end the gang war, taking him to the farthest corners of Jamaica!
A RAIL SHOOTER GAME TAILORED FOR KINECT FOR XBOX ONE !
Thanks to an intuitive gameplay tailored for Kinect for Xbox One motion detection helps you live out the most extreme rail shooter experiences as you confront unforgettable enemies ranging from the mafia golfer packing grenades to the ultimate crime boss, both as funny as they are unlikely! Bloodshed is always better when shared, so invite a friend to join the massacre, through a nervous cooperative mode!
The first next gen rail shooter adapted from the Eisner Award nominated graphic novel, Blue Estate by Viktor Kalvachev.
Original and intense fun gameplay that takes full advantage of the Kinect sensor.
2 game modes: STORY MODE - 7 adrenaline-packed missions ! ARCADE MODE - where you combine headshots with combos in a race against time!
2 players in local multiplayer: relive all the levels in an intense cooperative mode!
A sophisticated scoring system for comparing your scores online and 23 achievements to unlock.
Playable with Kinect for Xbox One or with Xbox One Wireless Controller.
The downloadable version of this game supports English, French, German, Spanish.
28. Painkiller Overdose
Painkiller Overdose is a first-person shooter, the first stand-alone expansion for 2004 People Can Fly game Painkiller.
Unlike the original game, the main protagonist in Overdose is not Daniel Garner, but half-angel, half-demon Belial who seeks revenge for his imprisonment and rejection by both hell and heaven.
The gameplay is very similar to that of the original game. The game is divided into sixteen levels.
The player must get through each of them slaying hordes of enemies. Most of the levels consist of the arena-like room where you have to defeat waves of monsters to progress. Some levels end up with battles against huge Bosses that require player shoot specific parts of their bodies. The game takes place in different areas of purgatory. Some of them resemble specific historical settings like ancient Rome, ancient Egypt or medieval Japan. Completing specific tasks awards player with tarot-cards that give Belial special powers.
The Belial’s weaponry is different from that of Daniel through most of the weapons are similar in mechanics to their counterparts from the original game. Every weapon has at least two firing modes. For example, Bonegun can act like a typical shotgun or turn enemies into stone; razor cube can rotate metal projectiles at high speed, draw enemies to Belial or slowly shoot metal projectiles.
29. The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing III
In Van Helsing III, the civil war is over in Borgovia, but the future looks grim. The city of weird science is in ruins, squabbling factions and criminals fight for power and a strange cult prophesizes the coming of “The end of times.” And they might be just right: A wave of uncanny events shakes the land, and it’s all connected to a mysterious creature, a former ally turned into a fearful arch-villain. Which means that Van Helsing will do what he does best: He wields weapons, prepares his deadly tricks, and hunts down the most dangerous monster who has ever lived… and this time it’s personal. He’s prepared to do anything to achieve his goal, even to face the darkest secret about the birth of the modern Borgovia.
- Story - Prepare to meet your darkest fears in the conclusion of this gothic-noir adventure trilogy. This is the finale, the darkest chapter of the adventures of Van Helsing.
- Classes - Choose from six playable classes: defeat your foes as the melee-specialist Protector, be the most accurate shooter as the Bounty Hunter, master the weird science as the Phlogistoneer, engineer your tactics as the Constructor, control the magical forces as the Elementalist or become a dark, stealthy killer as the Umbralist.
- Leveling - Become more powerful as you advance through the game: the level-up customization is more detailed and diverse than ever.
- Exploration - Explore new areas in this war-torn land of darkness - both in the physical world and the Ink.
- Camaraderie - Engage in witty banter with your loyal follower, Katarina - and finally, find out her secrets: the story of her past.
- Combat - Fight hordes of bloodthirsty enemies, now more feral and terrifying than ever. Take all the weapons and tools you need: choose from plenty of new powerful items for this adventure.
- Multiplayer – You and your friends can test your skills against each other via the PVP mode (8 players) or join forces and complete the story in the co-operative campaign (4 players).
30. America's Army: Proving Grounds
America’s Army Proving Grounds is a free military game provided by the U.S. Army. The game is a part of America’s Army series.
The player performs as an infantryman, a part of a Long Range Combined Arms – Recon unit. The plot is based on the U.S. intervention in the Ostregal Islands as a call for defending the RDO Government which was struck by the Czervenians. The U.S. forces landed on the Islands to engage in police action and reconnaissance operations.
This is a classic first eye tactical shooter. The player is given certain tasks to perform as a part of the unit.
The aim is to stay alive in campaigns and fulfill each task. It is possible to change the character’s appearance even though the customization system is quite small. There are a few weapons including M4, M16, standard sniper rifle and shotgun. Maps are not too huge which makes it easier to go through a match. The maps vary in landscapes and size. Each one provides its benefits: it is possible to hide behind the trees in the forest mode or hole upon the earth in the field. The player is free to choose the very own tactics, be it the perfect stealth, merging in the terrain, or be it the classic get-through shooting campaign. The gameplay includes medical help; if the player is injured, it is possible to bandage yourself or wait for help.
31. Car Mechanic Simulator 2018
The Bestselling Car Mechanic Simulator series goes to a new level!
Car Mechanic Simulator 2018 challenges players to repair, paint, tune and drive cars.
Find classic, unique cars in the new Barn Find module and Junkyard module. You can even add your self-made car in the Car Editor.
Build and expand your repair service empire in this incredibly detailed and highly realistic simulation game, where attention to car detail is astonishing.
All this with new, photorealistic graphics. Featuring more cars (40+), more tools (10+), more options and more parts (1000+) than ever before. It’s time to roll up your sleeves and get to work!
Car Mechanic Simulator 2018 also includes car auctions where old cars are available for resale or purchased for your collection. With the inclusion of photo-mode, you can take stunning before and after photos, and the game’s infinite number of randomly generated missions will keep you more than busy (and dirty).
Each mission offers its own unique challenge of varying difficulty and time constraints to meet. If additional and extra tools are needed, they available for purchase. You can eventually upgrade your garage to include specific equipment such as lacquer sprayer or a parts warehouse.
Features of Car Mechanic Simulator 2018:
- photorealistic graphics
- 40+ cars to get your hands dirty with
- 10+ tools to help you check out cars
- 1000+ parts waiting for you
- start from a small workshop and upgrade it to a full sized 3-lifter gem
- mix of randomly generated jobs to fulfill
- endless gameplay
- multilevel car parking in which you can store you cars
- Advanced Upgrades System (level up and spend your points to upgrades)
- Path Test to test car suspension
- Test Track to test car condition (or just fool around)
- Race Track to test car performance
- Car Auctions where you can compete with other bidders and try to outbid them
- Car Paint Shop with different paint types and car liveries (or you can just paint one part to save money)
- Barn Finds, where you search for abandoned cars in barns - make sure to look there for parts
- Junkyard (scavenge for parts and rusty cars)
- Car Editor for modders (add your cars to the game!)
New Features since CMS 2015:
- seats, steering wheels and benches are exchangeable
- car windows are now parts too
- new repair system (smarter way to repair parts)
- parts warehouse (you can store your parts in a warehouse now)
- sheds (Barn Find module)
- separated tires and rims (you can place any tire and rim you want)
- new working shock absorber tool
- new working battery charger
- new working wheel balancer and changer
- race track (next to test track, there is a race track with a timer)
- new physics system (much more complex)
- car liveries (you can apply liveries to your car)
- redone paint system (you can paint each part separately, choose the paint type: matt, metallic, pearl)
- modding support from day 1 (place your own cars in the game)
- customizable license plates (with modding support)
- customizable game music (with user music)
- engine crane (tired of lifting your car up and down to disassemble engine)
- creating new engines on the crane (starting from scratch)
- leveling system (XP with upgrades)
- new car salon (you can buy brand new cars)
- liquids in car
- story orders (pregenerated like in CMS 2014) next to generated orders (like in CMS 2015)
- all new UI and easier controls (with rebind)
- pad support
- ... and much, much more
Official licensed brands coming up in DLC's:
- ... and more
WARNING: Hurtworld is still very early in development. It may be worth waiting until we are further through development before getting on board (We're not going anywhere).
Hurtworld is a hardcore multiplayer survival FPS with a focus on deep survival progression that doesn't become trivial once you establish some basic needs. That feeling when you're freezing to death trying to make a fire, or you're defenceless being chased by creatures. These experiences are what make a survival game. When you overcome that challenge and find a level of comfort it's a great feeling, but what do you do next?
Hurtworld tempts you out of your comfort zone with rich resources, better loot and higher tech. It will also throw more dangerous creatures, harsher environments and new challenges at you that can't be taken on without the proper gear or refined skill. Will you settle for bows and arrows and a campfire, or push deeper into the map and start scavenging for vehicle parts and better weapons?
Built from the ground up with solid multiplayer foundations. Designed for fast skill based PVP and PVE. You will constantly have to decide which is the biggest threat, the player opposite you or the creatures that will hear your gunshot.Current Features
- Crafting Gear, Tools, Weapons and Machines - Combine what you find in the world to make hundreds of different items.
- Structure Building - Claim land solo or with friends, build from a hut to a city using our attachment point based structure system.
- Procedurally Generated, Customizable Vehicles - Find a car or quad bike wreck in world with random panels. Scavenge for parts and get it moving again. Find rare paint colors and skin patterns to get it looking just the way you want. Upgrade your engine and gearbox. Make sure to carry a spare tire!
- Mining Resources - Heaps of different minable resources that require different tools to gather, from Pickaxes to Dynamite. Alternatively you can build some automated drills and let them do the work for you.
- Twitch based PVP - Some areas of the map will be highly contested, are you willing to share the limited resources needed to survive? If you aren't, we have many different projectile and melee weapons to do away with your opponent. Careful though, murdering your peers may increase your own penalty for death.
- Farmable Plants - Find wild seeds and get a crop going back home.
- Hunting Neutral and Hostile Animals - Environment is filled with animals, they may be your lunch, you may be theirs.
- Town Ruins and Relics with Random Loot - Tightly contested, if the radiation and mutated creatures don't kill you, another player will. You might just find those engine parts you've been looking for here.
- Dynamic Day/Night + Weather - Pick the right time of day to attempt crossing sand dunes, but watch out for sandstorms.
- Stat Simulation - More than just a hunger bar, everything in the world is affected by time of day, current biome, localized effects like radiation, dynamic weather, heat given off by machines etc. Items can have different behaviors based on current stats too. That steak in your backpack might just freeze in the snow, at least it will take longer to go rotten. Put that storage chest too close to your fire you may come home to a pile of Ash.
- Drastically Different Biomes - Explore the harsh world. From the snow forests of the North to the colorful parrot Tokars of the red desert, gear that lets you survive in one biome may kill you in another. Players with a home base advantage will likely be better equipped to handle their surroundings than invaders.
All the features above are currently in the game and functional, however much of the content in these systems is placeholder. While we've done a lot of the hard work developing robust systems to underpin gameplay mechanics, we haven't yet spent a lot of time generating and balancing content for these systems. As this is mostly configuration work, we will be able to quickly deliver lots of new content in the coming months.Server Authoritative MultiplayerMost multiplayer open world games use a MMO style network architecture. While this allows for greater player numbers per server, it opens up the game up to endless cheating exploits that are impossible to stomp out. Hurtworld uses an architecture closer to that of a modern FPS, where all physics and game logic are calculated on the server. While cheats can never be fully stopped, this structure makes a large amount of the exploits impossible from day one. Due to this, our servers will use a bit more resources for the same number of people than your usual survival game, but we think it's totally worth it.PerformanceKeeping your FPS high and smooth is crucially important to us. As members of the PC master race we know 60+ FPS is a right, not a privilege. Not to mention PVP gunplay just doesn't work at low FPS. This is an ongoing battle while we are developing the game, adding new stuff slows things down, doing an optimization pass gives us some breathing room. It goes in cycles.
Currently things are running very well, we did a lot of hard work during our closed alpha to bring performance up and to get rid of big spikes. On mid range 2 year old machines we're currently getting 80+ FPS on medium settings. Our biggest bottleneck is player skinning on the CPU. Meaning if your CPU is a potato, and there are lots of players in your area, it will chugg. We have a fairly comprehensive graphical settings menu that should let you scale things down even on lower spec machines. We are constantly working to improve performance and we'll do our best to keep everything running well throughout early access.PVP & GunplayHurtworld has competitive FPS in its DNA. Violence isn't the only option, but when it's needed you want to be sure it's a fair skill rewarding system. We are keeping the gear cap low on PVP items. This means a player with 150 hours in a server and endgame loot can't faceroll their way around the map with impunity. Higher grade gear will allow you to survive in harsher environments and take on fiercer creatures, it won't however stop a bullet to the face.Infamy SystemWe are currently testing a new system that changes the way gear is dropped on death. By default all gear you have equipped like tools guns and clothes won't drop on death.
Secured gear in your hotbar and equipment slots (gear you are wearing) can only be dropped if your infamy level is above zero.
Infamy is a stat bar that increases by one every time you kill someone, and slowly decreases over time back to zero. For each point of infamy you currently have, you have a chance to lose a secured item (equipped gear / weapons / tools).
We hope this will have a few effects.
- Most people will actually use their best gear all the time
- New spawns being harassed at spawn that can’t fight back won’t lose much
- Players harassing fresh spawns are putting a target on their own head, as some of their gear is now up for grabs to anyone who kills them, creating interesting skirmishes.
- Farming yield of a player will be dependant on the territory they can control. If a player tries to mine the limited resources around your base, you can kill them to claim the resources back without completely ruining their day.
- We can make tiers of gear much more expensive to create without crossing the too valuable to lose bracket
As with any new gameplay system, it sounds great in theory to us, how it plays will be the real test. This behavior is currently enabled by default, however server owners can override playerlootmode to 4 different settings depending on preference including the classic lose everything.Modding
In the future we want to build Hurtworld into a platform for different sandbox game types (Think Dota 2 custom games). We are designing the game we want to play most, however the framework of player movement, gear, combat, environmental effects, AI, vehicles, construction and gathering can all be applied to vastly different game modes with very little work. We are slowly building up a more powerful SDK we plan to release sometime in 2016. I can't wait to see what other people do with a solid FPS framework with the backing of a fleshed out survival game.FAQ
- Will you add procedural maps?
Currently we are focusing on hand crafted maps. We are a good way through developing an SDK for Unity we call "Shigi Tools" designed to allow the community to create their own maps in-engine. It's not out of the realm of possibility that a server will have its own unique map designed by its admins that is downloaded on connection. This combined with server side mods should open up the gameplay possibilities a lot. We don't have an ETA on this yet, we are using it to build internal maps but it will require some new engine systems to handle runtime loading that we will prioritize amongst other things.
- Can I host a server?
Yes! We have a Windows and Linux headless server build that can be downloaded through the tools section of Steam or via SteamCMD, check out the Hurtworld Wiki for guides.
- How many players per server?
We are optimizing for 50. We run all our physics on the server with low jitter and a high tickrate. This means we won't reach the 200+ mmo class of servers, however we think the tradeoff is worth it for a more responsive experience and a game more resistant to cheats. It also means we can do more interesting things with AI that feel more like Left for Dead and less like World of Warcraft.
MAC USERS NOTE: If you get a crash on startup of the game, please disable Steam overlay
33. CODE VEIN
Bet on blood and go to the dead land together
Dramatic search action RPG challenging with "buddy" to become a partner in a vast dungeon where numerous enemies and dangers await. Share the trembling heart with the unknown sight that overcomes both fears together in a desperate world.
Never far Future The crust that has been penetrated by the "thorn of the referee" is a world that has been torn and broken without survival. There was a closed society called "Vain" whose barely survivors called vampires (revenants) survived. Vampires who abandoned being people as opposed to destruction. While they lose most of their memory as compensation for the supreme power, they keep barely maintaining humanity by sucking blood. The lack of blood makes them transform themselves into losers that have lost their hearts. A search world begins searching for blood and truth, with vampire colleagues in closed world where numerous devotees gather.
Survive in the wilds as you explore the land
Play solo or cooperatively, locally or online
Play smart or die: you play an adventurer, not a demigod
Constant auto-saving means there’s no turning back
Dynamic defeat scenarios that reacts to your context
A unique experience at every playthrough
Categories in common with Outward: Role Playing
Take control of a mighty mercenary and leap into the heart of one of the most action-packed MMORPG experiences available. Master the art of combat as you utilize brutal combos, devastating magic and the environment itself to wreak destruction on your foes.
This is unlike any MMORPG you've experienced before. This is Vindictus.
- Brutal Combat – Experience a complex and fast-paced combat system that raises the bar for the MMO genre. There are dozens of combos to learn and spells to cast, and mastering them is the key to survival.
- Avatar of War – Choose from nine distinct characters, including hulking behemoth Karok and exiled princess Lynn. Each has their own set of skills, exclusive armor and a unique personality. Learn their strengths and weaknesses to conquer your foes.
- Forged in Blood – The monsters of Vindictus are some of the most fearsome you will ever face, so massive they blot out the sun. The greater the beast, the tougher the challenge, and the greater the rewards.
- Brothers in Arms – Some horrors are too terrible to be faced alone. Team up with friends, form a clan, and take on Vindictus’ mighty raid bosses. Coordination is key, and only the strongest will survive…
- Visual Assault – With higher fidelity than nearly every other MMO on the market, Vindictus boasts highly-detailed characters and monsters, explosive particle effects and massive battle arenas.
36. GunZ 2: The Second Duel
GunZ 2: the Second DuelRediscovery of action shooting! We present to you GunZ 2: the Second Duel. GunZ 2 is an online action shooting game. GunZ 2 provides a whole new user experience that players have never seen from other games.Key FeaturesCompletely unique action gameplay
In this game, there is no limit on how players move. In GunZ 2: the Second Duel, a wall is not an obstacle yet another path that provide tactical advantages. You no longer have to hide behind walls when you encounter your enemies. You can rather climb up the walls around you to take higher ground or move into enemies’ blind spot to launch vigorous assault.
Unique classes with various tactics and strategies
It’s absolutely up to players to choose which class to play. Unique classes are fitted with its own Passive and Active skills. Become a silent assassin wielding a long katana, roam around in the battle ground freely with a giant shield, or burn enemies with flame-thrower. The choice is completely up to you. (3 classes will be available at launch, more classes will be continuously be added)
Weapons… More Weapons!
In GunZ 2: the Second Duel, you can choose from 200 different weapons sorted into 13 different categories. Especially unlike conventional FPS games, GunZ 2 provides unique melee weapons which bring maximum strategic variety. Each class has its own ultimate skill that can dramatically rescue a friendly unit from danger.
Save the day with friends!
Play Campaign Mode to fight against the notorious mega corporation with super-national power. Fight against the enemies with action you can experience only in GunZ 2: the Second Duel.
Yet, it’s available for beginners!
Even though it is fitted with such powerful action, maneuvering your character in GunZ 2: the Second Duel is extremely easy. To run on walls, simply point your cross-hair to the desired direction and tap on the jump key rhythmically. Such simply control makes up incredible fast-paced stylish action.
37. The Bug Butcher
The Bug Butcher is an action-packed 2D side scrolling shoot em up game where peril comes from above.
So in a nutshell, pest control with machine guns in space.
The core mechanics hold old ties from the classic arcade shooter “Super Pang” where you shoot vertically, but with modern day twists. You are Harry, a brash and tenacious exterminator who has a knack for decimating bugs.
Harry’s current assignment takes him to the infested futuristic research facility on planet Zoit. The surviving and dwindling number of scientists employed him for his slaughtering skills. Harry’s mission: survive until the decontamination of the building is complete, hoard coins like his life depended on it, and protect the scientists at all costs. Watch out for the spiders they have a particular fondness for rubber encased science/scientist. After landing, you will move from room to room through the facility blasting rockets, lasers, and wielding the power of lighting upwards at anything not human.
Ravenous swarms and ferocious waves of bugs of every size will attempt to kill you, but luckily there will be weapon and health pick-ups to aid Harry on his quest. Fierce reflexes are mandatory for survival, but Harry’s brutal power-ups will let the guts fly and make the larva cry! If you love games with humor, perfect platforming, grotesquely cute art, nightmarish bosses, and real personality then The Bug Butcher will suit your fancy.
38. Grimoire: Manastorm
Choose from six wizard classes and wield four primary spells in deadly magical battles, unlock eight more spells to customize each class to your specific playstyle. Then pick two additional abilities from a shared pool of spells that range from teleportation to a powerful kinetic blast that sends foes flying. Mix in passive abilities that increase your tactical options and you have a recipe for combat befitting a student of the Arcane Arts.
Many spells are inspired by our favorite MOBA games like DOTA 2 and League of Legends. Grimoire's FPS spin on these strategic spells creates fast paced tactical combat unlike anything you've played before. Grimoire is not a game of instant damage and unavoidable death. Every spell has a counter… if you’re ready for it!Game Modes
- Conquest - Magnus and Validus battle over control of key sources of magical energy known as ley-lines. The longer the ley-lines are held the more energy is gained including a large influx of power if one house can manage to take total control of an area. Destructible objects can reveal new territory or bring the environment crashing down on your enemies. Inspired by games like Day of Defeat, the Battlefield series, and Team Fortress 2; Conquest is a territorial battle that features large (8v8) teams.
- Free-For-All (Deathmatch) - Chaos reigns supreme in this fight to the death. This classic game mode is a great way to try out the game without worrying about objectives.
- Survival (Singleplayer) - The people of Orinfell are under attack! Hold off waves of undead fighters, mages, and golems as the survivors escape through the city's catacombs. This game mode is great for testing out new spells and learning the basics of the game.
The northern land of Futhark is home to two great houses locked in a bitter struggle. As ruin rises from the south, each vies for the Grimoire, a powerful artifact of a lost age. It was the Grimoire that ushered in the Dawn of Magic, called forth the destruction of an empire, and which now heralds civil war.
Honorable House Magnus clings to their charge of sealing the book’s secrets, willing to sacrifice Futhark if only to save the world from the horrors held in the Grimoire’s binding. Ambitious House Validus has little time for craven hearts and strives to brave the tome’s power to save the republic and lead it into a golden age who’s like has never been before seen. Yet the Grimoire is no idle prize to be fought for. That dusty tome has begun to glow, welcoming their dissent even as it spreads its pages, unleashing the Mana Storm in the battle to come.
39. Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 Season Pass Edition
Go behind enemy lines with the ultimate modern military shooter. Play as an American sniper dropped in Georgia, near Russian border. Choose your own path to accomplish your missions across an unforgiving open world.
Be a Sniper: Engage your targets from the long range. Factor in scope elevation, wind speed and direction, breath control and stance along with weapon and bullet choice.
Be a Ghost: Stalk your enemies and eliminate them silently with a broad variety of takedowns. The advanced stealth gameplay includes drone recon and vertical navigation.
Be a Warrior: Wield a wide variety of advanced weapons and modify them to suit the needs of your mission and your own personal style. Choose from assault rifles, shotguns, machine guns and even explosives.
Be All Three: You are an American sniper dropped behind enemy lines in Georgia, near the Russian border. Ruthless warlords have taken over part of the area and it falls on you to prevent the entire country from collapsing into chaos.
40. Conflict: Denied Ops
*This is a single player only title*
Venezuela is left in a state of civil war after the government was brutally overthrown by a military coup. With factions fighting to reinstate democracy, the U.S. government has offered their assistance, though the new government regime has threatened to deploy nuclear weapons if the U.S. meddles in Venezuelan affairs. The threat needs to be neutralized, and the U.S can't risk nuclear war.
The CIA Special Activities Division operates in isolation and secrecy. If captured, any link with the U.S. Government will be denied.
Conflict: Denied Ops is a highly accessible FPS featuring massive, extremely explosive firefights across destructible environments. Work as a team to utilize the specific skills of each operative and experience the ultimate in destructive satisfaction with tons of exploding objects and an endless barrage of terrorists who are begging to be blown to hell.Key Features:
- Two-Man Tactics Switch between team members at any time for maximum control.
- Explode Your Enemies Levels are built around massive fire fights with a continuous stream of enemies, and tons of exploding objects littered around the level to help your cause.
- Destroy Everything Obliterate your enemies with explosions, demolish buildings, blow through walls and destroy almost anything in the environment.
- Accessible Action Give commands to your team mate simply by pressing or holding a single button. Concentrate on the action, not complicated menus or control schemes.
- Puncture-Tech Utilize strategic destruction made possible with new Puncture-Tech technology developed by Pivotal Studios. Blast open new pathways, shoot unaware enemies through walls, or create holes in your cover to generate firing paths.
BEDLAM - THE GENRE JUMPING SHOOTER
Bedlam is a unique FPS game based on a novel of the same name by cult Scottish author Christopher Brookmyre.
Pitched as a shooter for those who survived online gaming in the 80s and 90s, Bedlam takes a look through an iconic time in online gaming and serves up some authentic gaming nostalgia with up-to-date graphics and gaming features. Bedlam is set entirely in the first-person but will explore other game genres from a first-person perspective.
In the game you play Heather Quinn (aka Athena) a colleague of Ross Baker (aka Bedlam). Heather is an overworked and underpaid scientist developing medical technology for corporate giant Neurosphere. One rainy Monday morning Heather volunteers as a test candidate for the new Neurosphere brain scanning tech - anything to get out of the office for a few hours.
But when she gets out of the scanner she discovers she's not only escaped the office, but possibly escaped real life for good! Heather finds herself trapped in Starfire - the violent sci-fi game she spent her teenage years playing - with no explanation, no backup and, most terrifyingly, no way out!
Join us in Early Access and get ready to unleash BEDLAM.
The description below was written by Christopher Brookmyre for the release of the novel in 2013
Heaven is a prison. Hell is a playground.
Would it be your ultimate fantasy to enter the world of a video game?
A realm where you don’t have to go to work or worry about your health; where you can look like a hero or a goddess; where you can fly space-ships, slay dragons, visit any period in history, any realm in fiction, yet all of it feels completely real. A realm where there are no consequences and no responsibilities, to the extent that even if you die, you can just respawn and start again.
Or would it be your worst nightmare?
Trapped in a place where every demon ever conjured by the human mind can be made flesh. Cut off from the real world, unable to see your family or friends ever again. Stuck in an endless state of war and chaos where the pain and fear feels real and from which not even death can offer an escape.
Prison or playground. Heaven or hell.
This is where you find out
Check out the first hands on preview of Bedlam by Rock, Paper, Shotgun: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/07/25/bedlam-game/
One of the first Bedlam play thru's by Jim Sterling of The Escapist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jutpej9ZcyM
And coverage about our female lead character Heather Quinn by BBC News: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-27695235
42. The Signal From Tölva
The Signal From Tölva is a first-person game of exploration and combat, set in a beautiful, hand-crafted, hand-painted sci-fi world.
- Explore a single-player shooter set in a weird, sprawling, tranquil alien landscape.
- Fight a war of territory control against dynamic and ferocious AI.
- Recruit allied robots to fight alongside you.
- Equip electronic countermeasures, plasma shields, and savage beam weapons for intense skirmishing.
- Unlock the secrets of the signal and enjoy the rich, complex fiction behind the Tölva universe with our free PDF lorebook.
- Delve into science fiction mystery as you investigate the haunting highlands of Tölva.The Story So FarIn the distant future, star-faring robotic factions sift through the ruins of an ancient civilisation. On the highlands of Tölva, beneath the shadow of abandoned war machines, they found something.
Was it the source of the signal you were so interested in? And will the trail lead to enlightenment, or something more sinister? You hijack a drone and you begin the search for yourself.
The Signal From Tölva is a journey into a wild, weird science fiction landscape, filled with danger and beauty: you must survive terrible hazards, navigate through impossible spaces, and fight an ongoing battle to control this haunted, blighted world. Explore, ponder strange texts, and find tranquillity between the battles. You will make use of a range of powerful tools to overcome your enemies and uncover secrets: hack robots to battle alongside you, equip powerful weapons, and detonate savage defence systems.
Fight, explore, and solve the mystery of The Signal From Tölva!
43. Mortal Online
Experience true open-world freedom in Mortal Online - a unique first-person, medieval fantasy, massively multiplayer online role-playing game.Choose your path!
- Choose from many different races, decide your own style of play and whether to focus on PvP or PvE, both sharing the same game world.
- Choose a profession and devote your life to combat, crafting, magic, trading...
- Discover countless skills, resources and tools, master a few or dabble in them all, or be the first to explore new areas to find hidden treasures and unique secrets.
Danger is everywhere, safety must be earned. Learn to master real-time, aim-based combat where you decide every move your character makes, and where your skills really matter.Not quite like any other MMORPG...
- There are no character levels, only skill levels.
- There are no PvP zones, only a single open and realistic world where you are free to choose your own path.
- There are no separate server regions, every player inhabits the same huge world.
- Build your own house, or create a guild with your friends to build a keep.
- Expand even more, build a whole city and surround it with defensive walls, or band together to siege and conquer your enemies' fortresses!
- With enough power, violence or diplomacy, you and your allies will be able to rule an entire nation.
The possibilities are endless!Unlimited free trial!Mortal Online offers a free-to-play mode with a skill cap at skill level 60. In order to unlock the maximum skill levels and fully master your Mortal destiny, a paid monthly subscription is needed, but unlike many other games there are no microtransactions. Unsubscribing will re-apply the skill cap, but your skills will be maxed again when you re-subscribe. Every player gets one free character slot, and you can purchase additional slots up to a maximum of four.Feature list
- Taming and mount breeding
- Player Housing and City Building
- Territory control system
- 500+ skills to master
- Mounted combat
- Several in-depth crafting systems with millions of combinations
- Mining and woodcutting
- Publish your own books
- Armor dyeing
- Social skills such as bribing and persuasion
- Auction houses
- And much more!
44. BrainBread 2
CyberCon, the notorious global corporation, aspired to deliver to the world something that would change the fate of humanity. What the world wasn't ready for however... Was CyberCon's true intentions. Their schemes had been controversial to most before, but their newest idea seemed almost too perfect.
A much sinister secret was about to be exposed. CyberCon's project involved the development of neuro-hub chips. They succeeded and became a phenomenon, later becoming a mandatory law to have them implanted at birth using state of the art surgery and cutting edge technology.
CyberCon were granted this permission from the government. The controversy was covered up and very little was known how it was done.
The technology was seen by many around the world as a major breakthrough that could cure blindness, deafness, disease, and a huge boost in performance for modern day life.
It was further aiding as a gateway to easier communication and enhanced capabilities. This was the next milestone in human history.
However, good things must always come to an end.
And CyberCon's true colors are yet to be revealed.Features
- 5 Unique gamemodes.
- Over 20 unique weapons, including akimbo weapons!
- Extreme amounts of gore & gibbing, this is your lovely grindhouse-gore movie!
- Over 100 unique skill combinations.
- A global profile system/leveling system.
- Play as a zombie, evolve as a zombie using your special zombie skill tree to your advantage!
- Modding friendly, customize your own soundsets for any of the npcs, make your own player survivor models, make custom maps, share your creations via Workshop!
- Character customization.
- No pay to win!
- Simple UI and HUD.
- AI Soldiers, Tanks and Bandits/Mercenaries.
- A powerful quest, objective & inventory system.
- Playable on PC, Mac OSX, and Linux with multiplayer cross-compatibility.
- Dedicated Server Support for PC and Linux.
Focuses on story based gameplay, progress by doing specific quests or side-quests to increase your chance of survival!
Focuses on small & simple objectives, this is a casual/chill gamemode based on the original BrainBread, if you want a pure BrainBread experience you can enable a server command to force it to vanilla BrainBread mode. In this mode you can also play as a zombie and as a human you can get infected. The zombie's objective is to prevent the humans from progressing, when you get a certain amount of kills you will be able to respawn as a human again, or if you die too many times. All of this can be regulated by the server owner.
This is a wave based gamemode, similar to 'Survival'. You have limited respawns and when you die you'll respawn after X amount of seconds. Everyone respawns at the same time, certain maps may allow certain amount of retries for a wave, if you fail too many times you have to do everything over again. This mode is very action-packed, you better be flexible.
A Humans VS Zombies gamemode, first team to reach the fraglimit wins! In this mode you respawn individually, however if everyone on your team is dead your team will be 'Exterminated', which means the round is over. The opposite team gains a certain amount of points by exterminating the other team, this is an effective way to gain points but it is hard to achieve if there's many players. In this mode you'll also trigger a team perk if your team gets a certain amount of kills, your team will be blessed with some helpful skill for a certain amount of seconds.
A PvP gamemode, solely for humans. Featuring classic old-school powerups, increased speed and flexibility! As well as an announcer which will try to salute you or make fun of you if you fail too much!
45. Street Warriors Online
This is the first, realistic PvP brawling game for up to 8 vs 8 players with original, dynamic combat system and fast, round based battles.
Create and develop Your character while earning new skills and items that helps You beat Your opponents.
Gather Your friends and fight together in a clan.
Compete with players from around the world using hand-to-hand combat.
- No shooting or magic but a hail of swift blows of kicks and punches !
- Easy, one-click matchmaking finds the best suitable battle for Your character.
Use dynamic combat system with intuitive action keys.
- In Street Warriors Online You can dynamically attack or block incoming attacks as opposed to mmo games.
- You can provide standard, special or sprint attacks that causes different hit reactions of Your enemies.
Take part in battles up to 8 vs 8 participants in 3 different game modes.
- Fight on many battle arenas of different player capacities ( 2v2, 4v4, 8v8 )
- Select one of 3 game modes:
- Skirmish: Beat up all enemies to win a round. Win three rounds to win the battle !
- Conquest: Capture bases by spraying over Your team's graffiti. Captured base generates points. Reach points limit to win.
- Capture The Bag: Capture the bag and deliver it to Your van. Reach bags limit to win the battle.
Gain experience and respect to develop Your characters.
- Each finished battle gives You Experience as well as Respect Points reward.
- The reward is proportional to Your involvement in the battle.
- Respect points is Your primary currency. Buy different items such as clothes, power cards or new attacks.
- Level Up to obtain attribute points and develop character to match Your play style.
- Higher levels unlocks new items and attacks !
Configure appearance and combat style to make Your characters become unique !
- Compose Your appearance from over 150 clothing parts of 7 categories per character class.
- Prepare preferable attack sequence ( rotation ) that suits Your combat tactics.
- Spend Your attribute points to achieve best fighting results.
- Buy and socket different Power Cards that alters Your combat skills.
Own up to 8 characters with different class and attributes build.
- Get new characters for golden currency or from the golden premium bundle.
- There are 3 different character classes to choose from: Swarmer, Slugger and Bruiser
- Swarmer is a female class with extended speed and energy regeneration
- Bruiser is a slow heavy fighter with increased damage and health
- Slugger is the most balanced class
Use elements of the environment as weapons to gain temporary advantage.
- On almost every arena You can find different items that can be used as weapons.
- You can throw heavy objects like garbage bins or tires to hit many enemies at once and make them fall.
- There are also objects like baseball bats, pipes and planks that You can use as one handed weapons.
- Throw bricks, stones and bottles at Your enemies to stun them and make vulnerable to Your attacks.
Use energy drinks to scramble out from critical situations or get temporary power-up.
- There are 8 different energy drinks so far.
- You can take 2 different drinks on a battle and trigger them when desired.
- If You have more drinks of a kind - drink will be available again after You re-spawn.
Team up with Your friends and play together !
- Play together with Your friends in up to 8-person group on free for all battles.
- You can create and customize Your unique clan of warriors and fight against others to climb up in the global rankings !
- Higher clan ranking enables all members to buy special, unique rewards.
46. AdventureQuest 3D
AdventureQuest 3D is an inspired re-imagining of the original 2D flash web browser games. BATTLE ON!
A true cross-platform massively multiplayer game that allows you to play your character, on the same world as your friends, from your PC, Mac, Android, and Apple iOS devices.
Set in the most dangerous era of AdventureQuest's timeline, the world has come under attack by a mysterious new threat. Answer the call and travel to the legendary town of Battleon where you will discover unusual characters, incredible adventures, \horrifying puns, and a world story line so big that you will have to help us write it as we go... did we mention regular updates?FEATURES Cross-Platorm - Play your character, on the same world, from your PC, Mac, Android, Apple iOS phones & tablets.
Real Time Combat
Evolving World - regular updates with new stories, areas, monsters and weapons
47. Wrath of Anna
As a native of Earth, you bravely volunteered for the Earth Defense Coalition due to the imminent war with Empress Anna's remote planet of Drumgore.
During the Cross-Planetary War of 2021, you find yourself separated from your regime,. You are stranded on Drumgore and your main objective is to survive. Use your raw skills to gather resources and progress through this unique open world environment (single player or online).
CREATOR / LEAD DESIGNER: Michael L. Fiorentino Gutierrez (hamtaro-1H)
LEAD PROGRAMMER: Samuel Hall
MUSICAL COMPOSITION BY:
* NOTE: YOU ARE PURCHASING A PRE-ALPHA VERSION OF WRATH OF ANNA (IN DEVELOPMENT). YOU WILL RECEIVE UPDATES AS THEY ARE RELEASED. PLAYERS MAY EXPERIENCE GAMEPLAY ERRORS *
Inspired by the first-person shooters of the past that we loved, we're taking all the most memorable elements and putting them in a toolkit to be used and combined however you want. At its heart, Gunscape is an FPS construction kit. It's a game that lets you go wild with your creativity in a pumping action sandbox! Gunscape does this by providing easy-to-use tools based on a block-placement interface everybody's already familiar with to create single-player campaigns, co-op maps and multiplayer arenas and the functionality to share your creations with your friends. Don't like building stuff and just want to blast your way through hordes of monsters or duel with other players? Maps can also be shared, played and voted on by the whole world, so you'll always have new levels at your fingertips!Standard Edition
Get access to all main game themes with the Standard Edition of Gunscape! It includes blocks, props, enemies, avatars and weapons from the Bathyscape, Bierenstein, Final Fortress, Electro, Relay, Too Rockin’, Siegecraft, Orifice and Tremor.Gold Edition
Get access to all current and future game content with the Gold Edition of Gunscape! Initially it includes blocks, props, enemies, avatars and weapons from the Standard Edition plus the Seasonal, Alienware and Gold theme packs. Also receive the Gunscape Original Sound Track DLC! The first extra DLC will be the Seismic pack, coming in Q2 2016 and this will be available free of charge to Gold Edition purchasers.World Building
The game is organised into themes taken from the entire genre of FPS games, from the early classics to the modern triple-A stealth and war shooters. Each theme set contains unique world building blocks, player models, enemies (and bosses!), music tracks, skyboxes, special level elements (like traps and teleporters) and--of course--GUNS (plus bombs, bats, swords, flamethrowers, chainsaws, rocket launchers and much, much more. 38 weapons planned so far!). Assets from different sets are meant to be combined freely when building your worlds and the selection of content contained in each one has been carefully selected and planned out to avoid redundancy and to represent the truly iconic parts of the game it was inspired by.
It's important to us that anybody should be able to create their own levels. In the days of Doom and Build engine games level editors were simple enough that it didn't take long to learn how to create a whole new adventure for the player. The truly skilled could create impressive feats of architecture, but the rest of us could still create enjoyable challenges thanks to tightly-designed game engines that focused on making the core gameplay pure fun. In a game like that it doesn't matter how many times you test and tweak the layout to make your map the best it can be, or how abstract the level becomes as a result. This is the driving philosophy behind Gunscape. It's also the reason we've chosen to start by polishing the multiplayer experience in the pre-alpha demo, as we feel this is one of the best ways to develop and tweak the core gameplay.World Sharing
Of course, there's no point in creating great play experiences if nobody else gets to play them! Gunscape has a server to share your creations and the game has a built in map browser with filtering and voting system, so that anybody can have full access to every public player-created level, regardless of which theme packs were used to make them. The available demo (more on this later) has game levels we have put together and we'll continue to add more as we complete new content to help show how much potential there is for you to create some truly amazing things with Gunscape!Game Features
- Solo, split-screen and online co-operative multiplayer level creation! Build maps at your own pace or invite friends to help out! Jump in and out of action mode while editing to test your level on the fly or just to blast one another.
- Single-player campaign mode: play or create a sequence or branching tree of levels with or without a story. Build a whole self-contained adventure or a gauntlet of fearsome challenges.
- Co-op mode: invite one or more friends to tackle a dedicated co-op map with you or take a single-player map and crank up the difficulty.
- Multiplayer arenas: build a map with multiple spawn points and powerups and invite your friends or host a public game for some brutal online action using one of many multiplayer modes, including classics such as free-for-all and team deathmatch, capture the flag variants, king of the hill and domination/point capture modes and different tag/infection variants. We plan on including a lot of these, and to continue adding more, including flexible objectives like race to the finish which could be used to build multiplayer rocket jump courses or other types of challenge maps such as a competitive adventure through trap-filled dungeons, or hunter which awards points for killing monsters so you can create your own MP dinosaur safari.
- Cross-platform multiplayer: optional where it counts, but great to have for cross-platform co-op!
- Global and persistent map sharing: anyone can play the levels you share regardless of platform
- 8 multiplayer match modes
49. Serious Sam VR: The Last Hope
Earth Defense Force's greatest hero in this unique VR simulation based on Sam Stone's own log files from his time as captain of the Battlecruiser Saratoga. Experience the missions that turned Captain Stone into the legend that he is today.Key Features at Early Access Launch:
- Tons of enemies – Hordes of attacking enemies have always been a trademark of the Serious Sam series, and Serious Sam: The Last Hope continues to deliver countless terrors in just one scene, harnessing the serious power of the Serious Engine 4.5.
- Tons of guns – Dual-wield miniguns, tommy guns, heavy lasers, shotguns, and an assortment of other guns. Oh, and chainsaws, too! More then 10 different weapons, including the rocket launcher, were available from the beginning of Early Access, and Sam's lethal armory was regularly expanded and updated.
- Planet-hopping action – Battle across treacherous Egyptian sands, in the pitch-dark under ancient ruins, and on the surface of Pladeon, the long-abandoned heart of a great industrial civilization. Early Access started out with two planets, each with four different locations, and more of Sam's adventures across the galaxy became available through updates. And that's not all - watch this space for more info on planned updates to the game.
- Dick's back, too! - Featuring the voice of Serious Sam, John. J. Dick, dropping one-liners as you drop enemies.
- Cry for Mummy – Defeat Mental's most powerful servants, starting with the Unholy Space Mummy of Gamma Pegasi, a huge, terrifying, undead monstrosity brought to life with dark magic - as dangerous as it is smelly! And that's just the first boss.
- Hyper-immersive realism – Graphics so good that if you die in the simulation, you die in the real world!*
*Might or might not be entirely true. But we tested it and we're pretty sure it works the other way around.
50. CastleMiner Z
CastleMiner Z is an online coop survival horror game in a block based environment. Travel with your friends in a huge, ever-changing world and craft modern weapons to defend yourself from dragons and the zombie horde!
Game PlayCastleMiner Z is an infinite world filled with deep places to explore, and horrifying monsters to slay. Build structures out of blocks, craft weapons and tools from raw materials, and explore the vast and frightening world around you.
Play by yourself or online with friends in any of these exciting game modes:
- Endurance Mode: There are tales of a place beyond the mountains where Hell itself has torn through. How far can you get before you succumb to the zombies, dragons, skeletons, or other enemies that thirst for your blood? Run, fight, and sneak your way across dry deserts, snowy mountains, and icy expanses on your quest to vanquish the ultimate guardians of the abyss. In Endurance Mode, the world is randomized each game and the death of your party is permanent.
- Survival Mode: If you enjoy Endurance, but would rather build permanent structures and defenses, Survival Mode is where you’ll spend your time.
- Creative Mode: With simplified crafting and the ability to adjust or eliminate the enemy threat, Creative Mode is a great place to build vast structures in peace.
- Dragon Survival Mode: For those who like their trophies big and their hair singed and smoking, Dragon Survival Mode brings you up close and personal with wave after wave of the biggest, meanest, scaliest brutes in the game.
Worlds can be saved in any game mode (except endurance) so try building a castle with enemies turned off, then grabbing some friends and loading it up with enemies turned on!