Trying to find games like Al Emmo and the Lost Dutchman's Mine? Try these 100 great games that are similar to Al Emmo and the Lost Dutchman's Mine, but stand out in their own awesome ways. This is a comprehensive list of best games like Al Emmo and the Lost Dutchman's Mine that have been tried, tested and recommended.
The best games like Al Emmo and the Lost Dutchman's Mine are:
- arrow_rightBrothers - A Tale of Two Sons
- arrow_rightBroken Age
- arrow_rightTrine Enchanted Edition
- arrow_rightDarksiders II Deathinitive Edition
- arrow_rightDead Rising 2
- arrow_rightThe Walking Dead: A New Frontier
100 Best Games Like Al Emmo and the Lost Dutchman's Mine:
Filter by Platform Select a Platformarrow_drop_down
- PC (100)
- Xbox One (52)
- PlayStation 4 (62)
- iOS (45)
- Android (25)
- macOS (100)
- Linux (63)
- Nintendo Switch (28)
- Nintendo 3DS (2)
- Nintendo DS (6)
- Xbox 360 (23)
- Xbox (2)
- PlayStation 3 (27)
- PlayStation 2 (4)
- PlayStation (5)
- PS Vita (11)
- PSP (3)
- Wii U (4)
- Wii (7)
- GameCube (1)
- Nintendo 64 (1)
- Game Boy Advance (2)
- Game Boy Color (1)
- Game Boy (1)
- SNES (1)
- NES (1)
- Classic Macintosh (6)
- Commodore / Amiga (4)
- Atari ST (2)
- Genesis (1)
- SEGA Saturn (2)
- Dreamcast (1)
- 3DO (1)
- Jaguar (1)
- Game Gear (1)
- Web (1)
1. Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons
Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons is a story about teamwork. Having a very curious setup, the story follows two brothers on a quest. With their mother dead and father being heavily ill, the only way to save is to bring water from the Tree of Life. But on their way, they will have to challenge the world and themselves. Villages, mountains and forests, bullies, trolls and wolves will await Naiee and Naia on their journey.
With having such setup, the game found a perfect way to portray this world to the audience. The beautiful visual style and something in between adventure and a platformer make the game an exciting experience. Although that is not the most curious thing about the game. With having two brothers involved in a story, the game actually gives you an opportunity to control both of them. You can solve puzzles by simultaneously moving both of the characters. For example, one of your heroes must distract an enemy, and another is supposed to go behind. This amazing feature provides you with one of the most unique experiences as you play two characters at once.
Hand-drawn 2D platformer in the style of 30s cartoons. 2D Dark Souls as the fans refer to the difficulty of this one. It took developers 6 years to create and polish their magnum opus. Cuphead is a classic run and gun adventure that heavily emphasizes on boss battles.
Play as Cuphead or his brother Mugman that signed a deal with the devil and know needs to bring the master souls of its debtors. Players can go through the campaign single-handedly or with a friend using built-in co-op capabilities.
The backgrounds, characters and other miscellaneous staff were painstakingly created using the methods from the era it mimics; Every character and every scene were hand-drawn to mimic vintage American cartoons. Each note in the orchestral soundtrack was composed with unparalleled attention to detail. Cuphead is an addictive mix of bone-crushing difficulty, fun and audiovisual feast that instantly makes you crave for more.
SUMMER 2016's HUGE CONTENT UPDATE: The most mind bending game of the year has new storylines, scenes, and endings, plus a multi-episode behind-the-scenes documentary.
"OXENFREE: The emotional adventure game you need to know about" - IGN
"A mix of Freaks and Geeks, Poltergeist and the best teen films of the ’80s" – Polygon
"Part teen drama, part terrifying ghost story" – Kill Screen
Oxenfree is a supernatural thriller about a group of friends who unwittingly open a ghostly rift. Play as Alex, a bright, rebellious teenager who brings her new stepbrother Jonas to an overnight party on an old military island. The night takes a terrifying turn when you unwittingly open a ghostly gate spawned from the island’s cryptic past. How you deal with these events, your peers, and the ominous creatures you’ve unleashed is up to you.
YOU determine every aspect of Alex's story while exploring Edwards Island, uncovering the base's dark past, and changing the course of your friends' lives.
An intelligent conversation system that changes the story and your relationships based on every decision
A unique radio mechanic that allows Alex to communicate with mysterious spectres and manipulate her world
Art from Disney alum and an original soundtrack by scntfc (Sword & Sworcery, Galak-Z)
Multiple mysteries to unravel, spanning decades and lifetimes
Inspired by little-known events of World War II
Featuring voice talent from The Wolf Among Us, The Walking Dead, Borderlands and more
Erin Yvette (The Wolf Among Us, Tales From the Borderlands)
Gavin Hammon (The Walking Dead, The Wolf Among Us, Tomb Raider)
Britanni Johnson (Borderlands, Borderlands 2)
Music and Sound by scntfc
4. Broken Age
Broken Age is a classic point-and-click adventure game, which tells a story of two completely different teenagers seeking to change their life pace. The action takes place in an imaginary universe shown in a 2.5D perspective. The gameplay is divided into two main storylines, so players are able to assume the roles of both Vella Tartine and Shay Volta. The game allows switching characters at any time. Firstly, events move players to Sugar Bunting town occupied by fictional monsters called Mogs, which demand a sacrifice of young girls every 14 years. Once the protagonist Vella finds herself chosen to be the sacrificed maiden. As she tries to stay alive, she realizes that the only way out is to fight the monster and to liberate her hometown. The second story tells about Shay, a lone boy imprisoned in a spaceship between two AI systems. The boy seeks independence and starts to explore the entire ship then moving to the whole war-torn galaxy. Both storylines are not expected to connect somehow, but in the course of completion game levels, players start to notice similar slight details.
5. Trine Enchanted Edition
The king died and did not leave an heir, the kingdom fell into civil strife, the land in response to lawlessness and disorder brought to the surface hordes of monsters, increasing chaos.
The magician, knight and thief were united by fate for the struggle for peace and the restoration of the kingdom. Alone and together they fight with enemies, solve puzzles and overcome obstacles on fifteen different levels. Decisions can be more than one, and they can be composed of the skills of all three players.
Exquisite, delicate drawing of the world and characters. Very elegant, subtle, very realistic sounds - yes, realistic sounds of the magic world. That's precisely the way it should be. But when the hero breaks the wall with a ram or stumbles upon a mountain of treasures - the battering ram sounds like a battering ram, and the mountain is imposing. Very cleverly put light makes the world deep, voluminous and alive. Passing the game, you do not want to rush, you want to consider, to discover all its details, to admire them for your pleasure.
The game supports 3D mode, you need a suitable TV and stereoscopic glasses.
6. Darksiders II Deathinitive Edition
Become the terrifying force which everything fears but nothing can escape. Awakened by the End of Days, Death, the most feared of the legendary Four Horsemen embarks on a quest to redeem his brother's name. Along the way, the Horseman discovers that an ancient grudge may threaten all of Creation. Death lives!
Deathinitive Edition Features:
Darksiders 2 with all DLC included and integrated into the game which offers a total playtime of more than 30 hours
Reworked and tuned game balancing and loot distribution
Improved Graphic Render Engine for higher visual quality especially in terms of lighting and shadows
Improved and reworked level, character and environment graphics
Running in native 1080p resolution
Steam Trading Cards
Play Death: Become the most feared of the legendary Four Horsemen, able to destroy entire worlds and battle forces beyond Heaven and Hell.
Epic Universe: Unlike anything the player has seen before, delivered in the unique style of Joe Mad.
Player Choice & Customization: Customize your experience with varied armor sets, weapons, and Skill Trees allowing players to create their own Death.
Replay-ability: Explore a vast open world, complete dozens of side quests and customize your Death with a full leveling system, Skill Trees and endless equipment combinations.
Traversal: Death is a nimble and agile character capable of incredible acrobatic feats allowing the player to explore the world like never before.
7. Dead Rising 2
Dead Rising 2 is a zombie survival game with strong beat ‘em up elements. The series is known for placing ordinary people without special military skills in the center of the story. This time you take on the role of Chuck Greene, a former motocross rider, who needs to get medication Zombirex for his infected daughter. He takes part in a deadly competition that includes killing zombies for money. But zombies break free and make Greene search for Zombirex around the city full of monsters and help other survivors.
The plot consists of several missions you need to complete to finish the game. There are also optional quests you can get; however, the ending depends on the main story decisions only.
Dead Rising 2, while being focused on survival, gives you wide opportunities for crafting weapons by finding and combining special items. There are also boss fights with so-called psychopaths, people who went crazy because of the outbreak.
Categories in common with Dead Rising 2: Action
8. The Walking Dead: A New Frontier
The Walking Dead: A New Frontier is the third episode of the storyline, based on a comic book series.
The events of the game take place in four years after the zombie virus hit the world. Clementine is an original character from the previous episodes.
She is still alive and trying to survive. She meets Javier Garcia. Javier’s family was taken from him, so he has to find them. Together they find out about the existence of the New Frontier. It is a group of survivors, whose credibility is ambiguous.
Like two past seasons, the third one is a point-and-click adventure. However, in turn, there are two available characters.
You can play as a Javier, who was introduced only in this episode. The player can choose Clementine, but only in flashbacks. You control and direct your character around the environment, explore different scenery elements and pick up and keep objects. These objects can be used to advance the story later.
Moreover, you can begin dialogues with non-player characters. Their answers can give a broad range of choices; it even includes staying silent. The time for making a selection is limited. However, even if the player does not make it, the conversation is not stopping. In this case, it is regarded as you stayed silent. These choices have an impact on later events. There are more action-oriented scenes, where you have to make quick decisions. If you fail it, you would have to restart from the very beginning of the scene.
Categories in common with The Walking Dead: A New Frontier: Adventure
9. Orcs Must Die!
Orcs Must Die! is a tower-defense game where you, as the War Mage, need to protect the world from the hordes of evil creatures such as Orcs and Ogres. To complete your mission, you need to keep enemies out from magical Rifts that must not be destroyed. Every level features from four to twelve waves; each Orc that reaches your Rift damages it a little. Once the Rift Score is 0, you need to start the level over.
The title uses a third-person perspective that makes it look like a classic action game. To protect the Rift, you can not only use different traps and spells but also fight Orcs yourself. If you're killed, you'll respawn near your Rift for a certain score.
Each trap or spell costs the in-game currency you earn by defeating enemies. At the beginning of the level, you choose up to ten items for the battle. As a rule, all traps only work once and then need some time to recharge. Every item is upgradable; on higher levels, you can also get some boosts that will affect that level only.
The game is followed by Orcs Must Die! 2 that features a co-op mode, and Orcs Must Die! Unchained, a free-to-play follow-up.
10. LEGO The Hobbit
LEGO The Hobbit is another installment in the LEGO series of games adapted from popular movie franchises. It is based on the first two films in Peter Jackson's The Hobbit film trilogy, that was, in turn, adapted from John R.R. Tolkien's book of the same name. Like with all LEGO games, its visual style imitates a world that is entirely made of LEGO constructions and inhabited by mini-figures.
The game follows the plot of the movies rather than the original book. LEGO The Hobbit recreates The Hobbit story using voice samples from the movies, while also parodying it with the addition of the tongue-in-cheek humor. The plot takes place in the high fantasy world of Middle-Earth. Bilbo Baggins, the main protagonist, is a hobbit. He lived a peaceful life until one day a company of thirteen dwarves and the wizard named Gandalf called him to join them on an adventure. Bilbo and his new friends left out on a quest to reconquer the dwarves' home, the Lonely Mountain, and its treasures from the wicked dragon Smaug.
The player controls the Thorin's party, switching between characters when needed. Each character has his unique abilities, such as climbing or shooting arrows. The game is divided into a series of short, linear levels that correspond to certain scenes in the movies. On the way, the player has to smash objects made of LEGO and sometimes use them to assemble new objects. The game also has a cooperative multiplayer for two.
11. Victor Vran
Victor Vran is an isometric action-RPG, set in a fictional town, where the player’s character must hunt demons and other vile creatures and rid the world of darkness.
The gameplay despite being similar to other games in the hack’n’slash genre features unique elements based on player’s reaction. Dodging bullets and moving around hordes of enemies can be tricky, but the game emphasizes that the main way to achieve is not just spamming two skills, but employing techniques and developing character’s abilities in the way that would be comfortable to the player. The different loot system helps the character in his journey, as various weapons have their unique abilities, and often improves character’s skills.
The game’s art style is highly reminiscent of Dracula movies and other vampire-based stories. The grim locations and fearsome enemies leave a mark on any player, and the soundtrack of the game also adds to the overall mood of evil lingering in the dark.
12. Foul Play
Play as the daemon-hunter Baron Dashforth in a side-scrolling co-op brawler set entirely on the grand spectacle of a theatre stage that rewards performance over pummeling. Perform shattering takedowns and reversals! Electrify the audience with devastating linked attacks as you have a friend join as sidekick Scampwick and use every stage-trick you know to bring the house down! Play out the most spectacular moments of the Baron’s life; improbable beasts, astonishing villainy and, at the heart of it all, the mysterious Foul Play!Supporting Cast
- 22 Incredible Acts: From the deserts of Cairo to the depths of Atlantis
- Over 50 hideous enemies drawn from the Baron's recollections
- Learn 12 Electrifying stage-tricks to bring the house down
- Have a friend join as sidekick Scampwick in Local & Online Co-op modes
- Beautifully animated scene changes re-create the Baron's adventure
- Never before seen 'Daemon Diary' charts the discovery of Daemonology
Also known as The Dark Eye: Memoria, it's a point-and-click adventure game from a German developer and publisher of Daedalic Entertainment. The game is part of the series, based on the game The Dark Eye in 1984 and a direct continuation of the plot of Chains of Satinav.
The history of Memoria begins immediately after the end of the events of the previous game and tells the story of Geron's quest to find a way to help his fairy Nuri. The plot develops linearly. The developers use story-in-story method to tell two parallel telling two stories of two heroes. The camera in the game is in such a position that the player feels like an observer of the game world. To direct characters to a certain point on a screen it is necessary to click there. Clicking is also helping with interacting with objects, the characters comment on their possible use of items, and this is somewhat simplifying the task of the player.
The game tries to connect the classic point-and-click gameplay with the mysterious setting and features of The Dark Eye RPG universe.
14. Children of Morta
Note: The game is currently available for our Kickstarter backers only, release date for the public will be announced.
The Bergson family has watched over Mount Morta for generations as the guardians of the mystical mountain. They now face their most dangerous trial as a family. Corruption has spread, morphing the once peaceful mountain into a violent and monster infested nightmare.
Experience what it means to be in a family of heroes. Take part in their journey, their struggles, and their victories! Witness a love for eachother unmatched by even the gods themselves. Fight through hordes of monsters unimaginable as you explore a mountain constantly in flux. Gorgeous and breathtaking procedurally generated dungeons guarantee a unique experience every time you leave the safety of the Bergson’s house in pursuit of the truth behind the Corruption.
6 Playable Characters
John, Mark, Linda, Joey, Kevin, and Lucy are all prepped and ready for the forthcoming fray. Discover each family member’s unique fighting style and delve into their personalities and past.
Procedurally Generated World
Every forest, dungeon, or temple you explore and skirmish through is procedurally to guarantee a unique experience every play through.
Mountain of Mystery
Delve into the mountain and discover the mystical world of Morta. Unearth why the Corruption has come to this seemly peaceful mountain. Find lore scattered about giving glimpses into the lives of the mountain’s residents.
Pixel Art to A New Level
A combination of hand painted pixel art and frame by frame animations partnered with modern lighting techniques come to life to create the beautifully dangerous world of Mount Morta.
15. Call to Arms
Conquer rural areas, factories, railway stations and towns during intense missions and use the environment to your advantage. Cover is everywhere, and almost everything can be destroyed. An unseen amount of challenges are awaiting you in exciting, yet competitive online combat supported by Steamworks!Real-Time Strategy
Control several dozen units and place your squads in cover, flank your enemies and support your allies while advancing to the next key objective. Plant claymores, fortifiy FOBs, or set up mortar positions. There is an endless amount of options to choose in the RTS mode of Call to Arms.1st/3rd Person Controls
Not only can you defeat your enemies as a commander, but also by taking over any of your individual soldiers. You can control them in 3rd person view, as well as first person. The game has no limits!Tanks
Take over one of your vehicles at any time and join the heat of combat during intense tank warfare! Call to Arms offers you the ability to control every single unit to the last bit, including the type of ammunition you can use to take out enemy targets.Helicopters
If you need that little bit of extra fire power, then hop into a helicopter and support your allies in online matches with some serious air support that leaves no room for escape!
16. The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing III
In Van Helsing III, the civil war is over in Borgovia, but the future looks grim. The city of weird science is in ruins, squabbling factions and criminals fight for power and a strange cult prophesizes the coming of “The end of times.” And they might be just right: A wave of uncanny events shakes the land, and it’s all connected to a mysterious creature, a former ally turned into a fearful arch-villain. Which means that Van Helsing will do what he does best: He wields weapons, prepares his deadly tricks, and hunts down the most dangerous monster who has ever lived… and this time it’s personal. He’s prepared to do anything to achieve his goal, even to face the darkest secret about the birth of the modern Borgovia.
- Story - Prepare to meet your darkest fears in the conclusion of this gothic-noir adventure trilogy. This is the finale, the darkest chapter of the adventures of Van Helsing.
- Classes - Choose from six playable classes: defeat your foes as the melee-specialist Protector, be the most accurate shooter as the Bounty Hunter, master the weird science as the Phlogistoneer, engineer your tactics as the Constructor, control the magical forces as the Elementalist or become a dark, stealthy killer as the Umbralist.
- Leveling - Become more powerful as you advance through the game: the level-up customization is more detailed and diverse than ever.
- Exploration - Explore new areas in this war-torn land of darkness - both in the physical world and the Ink.
- Camaraderie - Engage in witty banter with your loyal follower, Katarina - and finally, find out her secrets: the story of her past.
- Combat - Fight hordes of bloodthirsty enemies, now more feral and terrifying than ever. Take all the weapons and tools you need: choose from plenty of new powerful items for this adventure.
- Multiplayer – You and your friends can test your skills against each other via the PVP mode (8 players) or join forces and complete the story in the co-operative campaign (4 players).
17. Runaway, A Road Adventure
New York, 2000...
...Without knowing how or why, Brian, a student on the verge of graduating from college, is attacked by Mafia gangsters.
During his desperate getaway, in the company of a mysterious striptease dancer, he ends up meeting a wide range of unusual characters. But which ones are trying to help him and which ones are planning to blow his head off?
You will have to be very ingenious to figure it out, without forgetting that nobody is who they seem in this explosive mixture of murder, money, ambition, santeria rituals and deception...a whole lot of deception.
- Approximately 100 settings that are visually rich, containing 30 interactive characters.
- Characters with soft edges, real-time lighting and shading effects, camera changes, panoramic shots and more.
- High-quality stereo sound, an original soundtrack with over 24 songs.
- 3D characters with a cartoon look and high-impact visual features that include 2D and 3D in an unmatchable style.
18. The Park
Set in a creepy amusement park hiding a dark and sinister secret, The Park is a one to two hour long first-person psychological horror experience focusing on intense storytelling and exploration instead of combat and action.
A day at the park... a lost teddy bear... a missing child. As the sun sets over Atlantic Island Park, you must explore its dilapidated rides in search of your son, Callum. As darkness falls, you will experience panic and paranoia through a narrative written by a team of award winning storytellers.
Amusement parks are happy places, filled with the joys of childhood and the exhilarating rush of fantastic rides to be dared. That was the vision of eccentric business man Nathaniel Winter when he opened the doors to Atlantic Island Park in 1977.
Unfortunately, the park's history turned out to be one plagued by tragedy and drama. Its freak accidents, grotesque killings and ghostly hauntings have inspired many a sensational headline, and locals worry the park is far from done claiming innocent lives.
For Lorraine, it's where her worst nightmare began.
WARNING: This experience deals with subject matter that might prove emotionally distressing to some. Player discretion is advised.
- Explore Atlantic Island Park and step onto rides such as the Ferris Wheel, the Bumper Cars and the Rollercoaster; just beware, some of them have a life of their own
- Enter the mind of Lorraine, a woman facing every parent's worst nightmare, and unravel her story as well as the dark and tragic history of the park
- Call out for Callum to respond, and interact with the environment around you while examining clues and listening to Lorraine's own inner voice as the game progresses
- Compelling graphics and audio deliver a uniquely atmospheric setting rich in mood and mystery, developed by a team of award-winning AAA developers
BONUS: The Park is inspired by a setting within the modern-day myths and mysteries MMO The Secret World. This copy of The Park includes unique in-game items that can be applied to one The Secret World account; the Killer Chipmunk outfit and three powerful, legendary talismans.
Categories in common with The Park: Adventure
Blameless is a 3D adventure focused on puzzle solving and story. Set in an unfinished house, the player is trying to escape a mysterious man. While you know how and why you got there, you could not foresee you were invited for a twisted purpose and it’s upto you to investigate what happened and how to get out.
This is a short, yet full title with an open ending. Take around 20 to 60 minutes to complete.Blameless is freeBlameless is dedicated to the community!Gameplay FeaturesRealistic puzzle solving
Alternative puzzle solutions
Story progression via exploration
Character voice over
Element of tension
20. 1979 Revolution: Black Friday
Based on real events and eyewitness testimonies.
In this authentic, historically accurate, stunningly engaging experience -- you must decide who to trust and what you stand for -- as the world is set ablaze around you.
**Winner of Grand Jury Prize at IndieCade ‘16, Official Selection of The PAX 10, Game of the Year Finalist by TIGA, BEST OF E3 Nominee by IGN, People’s Choice Finalist by FoST, Medal Winner at Serious Play Awards.**Key Features
CRITICAL CHOICES - The choices you make will shape your experience in the Revolution, and the fates of those around you -- both in the present and the future.
CINEMATIC EXPERIENCE - Branching cinematic story told through motion captured animation and voice over performances. Discover the rarely seen world of Tehran in the 1970’s, through a striking visual style.
EXPLORATION - Explore the world of the collapsing city under martial law: covert headquarters, rioting protests, bustling city streets and more.
PHOTOGRAPHY - Take photos of the period accurate in-game world and compare them to the original archival photos captured by celebrated photojournalists.
UNIQUE GAMEPLAY - Including urban triage, interactive action scenes and photo processing.
KEY COLLECTABLES - Discover and unlock more than 80+ unique stories that color and enhance your experience of the Iranian Revolution: including primary sources like archival videos, home movies, graffiti, photographs and more.
BASED ON TRUE EVENTS - Based on real first hand testimonies of freedom fighters, witnesses and casualties of the revolution which helped define the 21st Century, as well as those who were imprisoned in Iran’s notorious Evin Prison.Featuring Performances ByNavid Negahban (Homeland, American Sniper)
Farshad Farahat (House of Cards, Argo, 300: Rise of an Empire, State of Affairs)
Omid Abtahi (Damien, Hunger Games, Better Call Saul, Argo)
Bobby Naderi (Fear the Walking Dead, Under The Shadow)
Mozhan Marno (The Blacklist, House of Cards, A Girl Walks Home Alone At Night)
Nicholas Guilak (Of Gods and Kings, 24)
Ray Haratian (Argo, Under The Shadow)
Mary Apick (Homeland, Beneath The Veil)
Fariborz David Diaan (The Brink, Stoning of Soraya, Weeds)
21. The Next BIG Thing
The Next BIG Thing is the new, hilarious adventure gem from the creators of Runaway. A great adventure game in high definition, loaded with laughs, tributes, mysteries and wacky puzzles!
Thanks to a production worthy of a great animated movie, an awesome soundtrack, delightful dialogue and a great art style, The Next BIG Thing will make you live an unforgettable adventure which brilliantly takes players across the fantastic movie genres of a totally crazy Hollywood.
What if horror movies' monsters were actually played by real monsters? And what if they were now forced to play in movies for kids, romantic comedies or even musicals? And what would happen if, eventually, they were to rebel?
In that context, Liz Allaire, talented journalist who can't count up to 4, and Dan Murray, a tough macho who can't stand beetles, attend the horror movies award ceremony… there is the starting point of an incredible story, full of twists and turns! Help Liz and Dan solve the numerous mysteries of an amazing adventure that you won't forget any time soon!
- The new adventure game from the creators of the million-copy seller, the "Runaway" saga.
- Production, graphics, and sound worth a great animation movie.
- A cast of colorful characters, including some of the most legendary monsters and creatures from fantastic movies that our heroes will encounter during their adventure.
- Many crazy mysteries, puzzles and situations to solve.
22. Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers 20th Anniversary Edition
Experience one of adventure gaming’s most stunning masterpieces all over again in this blockbuster retelling of the award-winning 1993 murder-mystery, which adds all-new puzzles, scenes, and HD graphics!
Blending the best of yesterday and today, it re-imagines the 1993 original, voted one of the greatest games of all time, for an entirely new generation of fans. As struggling author and bookstore owner Gabriel Knight, players will investigate a series of savage ritual killings in New Orleans and their connection to voodoo’s sinister mysteries.
The deeper you dive into master storyteller Jane Jensen’s tale of terror and suspense, the closer you’ll come to discovering the secrets of Gabriel’s family history–and unfolding his destiny.Key Features:
- Relive one of gaming’s greatest adventures of all-time: Adventure Gamers' 20 Best Adventure Games, Computer Gaming World's Adventure Game of the Year 1994, and Honorable Mention in The A.V. Club's Top 100 Games of All-Time
- Experience the award-winning voodoo murder-mystery in stunning high-res 3D
- Adds new puzzles and scenes to familiar challenges
- Includes remastered soundtrack by original composer Robert Holmes
- Enjoy special extras and bonus edition content, including original concept art, behind-the-scenes extras, exclusive new interviews and more!
23. Leisure Suit Larry - Wet Dreams Don't Dry
Hey ladies, I’m back in business! My new adventure, Leisure Suit Larry - Wet Dreams Don’t Dry, takes me – whatever the route or twist of fate – from the end of the ’80s directly into the 21st century and wow, how the world has changed! While my view of the world and women from way back in the 1980s collides with modern reality harder than the breasts of a lusciously stacked blonde jogging along a beach, I’m all set to date my way across the modern world!
In a “point & click” adventure I’d call typical for the genre we mutually experience how I fall head-over-heels in love with Faith, the hot-to-trot assistant to the boss at Prune, a technology enterprise successful worldwide. Since even dating is done digitally nowadays, the first thing I have to do is to work on my score at Timber, the totally hip, can’t-get-anywhere-without-it dating app where I date women, satisfy their needs, and accordingly pick up points for my Timber profile. And whenever I get a chance in between, always briefly check out a few new bikini pix at Instacrap – the 21st century is gnarly smill!
Leisure Suit Larry is coming in the 21st century – and no, there’s no word missing here
Explore a lovingly designed, non-linear game world set in the modern world with over 30 handdrawn venues
Use “Timber”, the ingame app, along with an innovative dating mechanism to date women, consequently improve your score at Timber, and ultimately clear the way to get to Faith, the women of your dreams
Solve true-blue puzzles and interact with over 30 handdrawn characters
Categories in common with Leisure Suit Larry - Wet Dreams Don't Dry: Adventure
24. My Lands: Black Gem Hunting
My Lands is a free online RTS where dark and light forces fight for Black Gem and dominion in a vast fantasy world.
Cooperation between players, joint economy development, creation of clans and alliances and elaboration of a team strategy serve as the very foundation of the game. Player chooses one of four races to lead it to the victory through ruthless wars over dominion in the universe of My Lands.Main FeaturesNo to "grind": a unique system of skills allows players to develop cities and heroes even while being offline.
Vast game world: infinite expanses of land to be explored and conquered by thousands of players in one universe.
Advanced quest system: even the most experienced gamers will be struck by the great number and variety of quests which encourage faster development and help in making out your own game strategy.
Diplomacy, intelligence and trade: a well thought-out team strategy leads to victories in the world of My Lands.
25. Enigmatis 2: The Mists of Ravenwood
Enigmatis: The Mists of Ravenwood is a critically-acclaimed, beautifully crafted casual adventure game rich with horror, plot twists and shadowy intrigue. Follow the trail of a demonic preacher and unravel the secrets shrouded in the mists of Ravenwood Park! What happened to the abandoned camper covered by enormous claw marks? What lurks in the park’s shadows? Will you be able to solve the mystery?
- 36 achievements to unlock
- 30 collectibles (butterflies) to find
- Bonus Adventure: “The Redeemed Memories” is a prequel to the main one. Witness the origins of Ravenwood Park, and rescue your friends from the evil dwelling within.
- 55 stunning, hand drawn locations and graphics with many animated details
- Exciting detective story rich with horror elements and plot twists
- Atmospheric soundtrack
- Picturesque setting of Ravenwood Park
- Evidence Board: draw conclusions based on evidence and clues
26. Grim Legends 2: Song of the Dark Swan
Embark on a dangerous quest through mysterious ruins and magical woods in the second chapter of Grim Legends series. Save the young queen from a mortal danger and change the faith of the entire kingdom!
When a mysterious illness befalls the queen of the Eagle Kingdom, a famous healer is summoned to Eagle Castle to examine her.
The Healer’s quest takes a sudden turn when the infant prince vanishes under mysterious circumstances. The queen is accused of practicing dark magic and thrown into the prison tower.
According to the kingdom’s law, sorcery is a crime punishable by death. The desperate King, believing his wife is innocent, begs the healer to find a way to exonerate the queen.
The protagonist has only one day to reach the ruins of the Swan Kingdom and unravel the mystery behind the ruling family’s curse. Only then will she manage to find the young heir to the throne and save the queen from her execution.
Will the healer be successful in saving the queen? Will she rescue the little prince from the clutches of dark magic?
The fate of two kingdoms lies in the healer’s hands.
- A legendary realm imagined brilliantly in 42 hand-painted locations
- 3 fairy-tale sidekicks to help you in times of need
- 32 challenging mini-games and 16 hidden-object scenes
- 14 intriguing characters to meet on your journey
- An additional story told from two different perspectives!
- 29 achievements to unlock!
27. Grim Legends 3: The Dark City
PLAY THE CAPTIVATING THIRD INSTALLMENT OF GRIM LEGENDS!
Grim Legends 3: The Dark City is a high-quality hidden object puzzle adventure game that focuses on mini games and puzzle solving in the creepy scenery of a gothic city.
HUNT MONSTERS IN THE HAND PAINTED GOTHIC CITY!
Sylvia, the acolyte of the mysterious monster hunting Order, loses her memory. One year later, the Incarceri Stone – a powerful artifact that binds Koshmaar, a horrifying creature from another world – is stolen!
36 CAPTIVATING HAND PAINTED LOCATIONS!
Sylvia and her master, Solomon, embark on an adventure that will lead them into the city of Lichtenheim, where they will face the thief whose identity will come as no less a shock than the actual disappearance of the artifact.
TEST YOURSELF IN 36 MINI GAMES AND HIDDEN OBJECT SCENES!
The heroin and her mentor will need to put on their detective hats and face not only the evil forces within the gothic walls of the grim city, but also dark secrets from the past. Will Silvia succeed in recovering the Incarceri and prevent the Koshmaar from breaking free? Will she muster the courage to save Lichtenheim and its inhabitants?
HELP THE ESTRANGED LOVERS IN A BONUS ADVENTURE FROM THE COLLECTOR’S EDITION!
The additional content contains an immersive bonus adventure that will pull you deeper into the game!
BRING THE HIDDEN OBJECTS PUZZLES ADVENTURE WITH YOU!
Optimized for phones and tablets, filled with hidden objects, perfect for playing while traveling. No Wi Fi required for this offline game!
SIGN UP TO OUR NEWSLETTER FOR NEW ADVENTURE GAMES EVERY MONTH!
Captivating adventures, stories, tales, and eerie mysteries await in our selection of immersive hidden object puzzle games!
- Master the third installment of Grim Legends!
- 36 atmospheric hand-painted locations!
- Test yourself in 36 mini-games and hidden object scenes!
- Help the estranged lovers in bonus adventure!
- Examine and put together useful items!
28. Queen's Quest 2: Stories of Forgotten Past
When the king asked a famous alchemist to look into the murder of his most trusted agent, the last thing the alchemist expected was to discover an intricate network of criminals working from the shadows to bring chaos to the land. Conduct the investigation as a shapeshifter and uncover a conspiracy that threatens to shake the foundations of the kingdom.
CONDUCT AN INVESTIGATION IN A FAIRYTALE KINGDOM!
When the ruler of the realm asks you to investigate a series of killings, a seemingly straightforward murder case turns out to be the tip of an iceberg as more and more secrets come to light!
MEET LEGENDARY HEROES IN 48 HAND-DRAWN SCENES!
During your detective adventure, you'll encounter many larger than life characters from myths and fairy tales. You'll help Little Red Riding Hood, come face to face with Robin Hood, and interact with many other legendary characters!
MASTER YOUR ALCHEMIC ABILITIES AND BECOME A SHAPESHIFTER!
Perfect your potion-making skills to prepare powerful elixirs that will allow you to change your physical form. Then use this ability to solve intricate riddles and crack the mysterious murder case.
DECIPHER 26 PUZZLES AND EXPLORE 25 HIDDEN OBJECT SCENES!
Test your wits and use your special abilities to tackle seemingly insurmountable obstacles in this epic adventure! Solve the murder and save the kingdom before it's too late!
- Use your investigative skills to thwart the conspirators!
- Explore the kingdom as a shapeshifter!
- Lend legendary fairytale characters a helping hand!
- Solve numerous HO scenes to discover a shocking truth!
Shadwen is a 3rd person stealth-action game where the only rule is to remain unseen. Stay hidden - or the ruthless guards will kill you on sight!
Shadwen, an assassin on a quest to kill the king, has a chance encounter with an orphaned girl, Lily. She follows Shadwen on her dangerous journey, but when the ruthless guards get too close, Shadwen must take action right in front of Lily's eyes.
Will Shadwen risk the girl's budding trust by resorting to violence, or try and find another way while keeping her real purpose concealed?
To kill or not to kill - that is the question.FEATURES
- MOVE FREELY - Sneak and explore around the dark and gritty medieval province and use the environment to your advantage - use your rope to grapple onto rooftops, silently drop from ceilings, or veil yourself in the shadows.
- STAY HIDDEN - Pick your assassinations carefully. Avoid being seen, heard or getting caught indirectly. Suspicious sights and noises will alert the guards - use it to your benefit.
- TIME IS AN ACCOMPLICE - Time stands still when you are not moving Shadwen, allowing you to stop at any point mid-motion. Rewind time to manipulate your past and present actions!
- USE PHYSICS - Use physics and a freely attachable rope to drag and topple objects. Make deaths look accidental; let gravity do the grave work.
- CREATE TRAPS AND HAZARDS - set up traps and hazards to lure guards towards their untimely demise; discover new ways to eliminate or distract your foes by crafting items into deadly surprises, including poison traps, spike devices, decoy toys and more.
- TWO CHARACTERS - Embrace the darkness with Shadwen and her abilities to protect Lily and create a safe passage for her.
30. Zombie Vikings
From the creators of indie smash hit Stick It to The Man! comes a new one to four-player co-op stab-you-in-the-gut-a-thon. Embark on a dead funny adventure with the Zombie Vikings. A putrid posse sent on a mission through the most epic of worlds to retrieve Odin’s lost eye.
Play as the most fearsome Vikings ever raised from Norse soil – Gunborg, Seagurd, Hedgy and Caw-kaa. Hack through the gingerbread swamps of Molgaga! Cruise through the intestines of the Midgaard Serpent! Fight giant poultry!
- Co-op story brawler for 1-4 players
- Single-player and online/offline multiplayer
- Written by Zach Weinersmith (SMBC Comics)
- +25 levels in 8 different worlds. Plus 5 Versus Arenas!
- Choose among four different Zombie Vikings, each with unique power moves
- Over 40 unlockable weapons. Try out Stinknir or Blunt Fish Trauma!
- Collect Viking Runes to gain new cool abilities. Mix up your style of play!
- Stitch all your friends together into a giant mega Zombie. Working together is fun!
Onraid is a challenging 2D shooter game, where you are free to develop your own play style and tactics to destroy your enemies.
Onraid offers intense battle modes, a varied set of character classes and cosmic visuals. Team up with friends or strangers to strengthen your chances as you battle unknown enemies, strange bots and mighty bosses. Use the items collected on raids to craft powerful weapons, gadgets and skins and customize your quirky character. Time to Raid!
- 9 character classes, each of which has its own strengths and weaknesses, weapons and gadgets. Tweak your character for your preferred game style.
- 4 unique battle modes, each with different settings and goals. Players form teams by inviting their friends or being randomly paired, and you can fight against each other or against game bosses.
- Craftable equipment. Collect items from raid boxes to craft different weapons, gadgets and skins, each of which has their own strengths and weaknesses. Build over 45 weapons, 80+ gadgets, and 60+ skins. Customize your character in ways that can directly affect your tactics, and develop your own play style.
- PVP leagues. Get to the top of the rankings as an individual or as a team!
- Much more yet to come in regular updates!
Dyscourse is an interactive choice-based narrative adventure game where you journey through a stylized world of choice and consequence. You play as Rita, an unfortunate art school grad turned barista, who is now stuck on a desert island with a crew of oddball travelers after a plane crash. That last choice you just made? It may end up being integral to your group’s survival, or it may lead you down a path to murder and cannibalism!
Stories in Dyscourse are emergent, and choices made in the game directly tie to the survival or downfall of the group. As players get to know their fellow castaways and make critical and interpersonal decisions, drama dynamically unfolds, and your choices author your own unique story.
We've designed Dyscourse so that players will end up with vastly different stories forged from their choices - everyone’s playthrough will have a unique story to tell. With over 120,000 words and many hours of replayable content, each playthrough allows players to explore more of the overall “story space” and learn more about the crash and their fellow survivors. There are no ‘good’ or ‘bad’ choices and endings to Dyscourse - how to best survive the island is a decision left up to the player. Choose wisely!
Kickstarter!Yes, it's true. Dyscourse is a Kickstarter success story! Thanks to over 2,000 backers, we hit our $40,000 goal back in November of 2013.
Special Edition!We're offering a Special Edition of Dyscourse which includes:
- The 77-song Dyscourse soundtrack (Yes, 77 unique songs! We're crazy!)
- Dyscourse mid-development documentary video
- Digital art-book of the making of Dyscourse
- Dyscourse wallpaper
Indie Island!Now available! Indie Island is a bonus story for Dyscourse that features 10 prominent indie game developers stuck on an island together. After a GDC-bound flight took a turn for the worse, these ill-fated indies must now survive together, for better or for worse.
Indie Island contains the likes of Tim Schafer (Double Fine), Edmund McMillen (Super Meat Boy), Phil Tibitoski (Octodad), Alexander Bruce (Antichamber), Ron Carmel (World of Goo), Robin Hunicke (Journey), Ichiro Lambe (Aaaaa!), Adam Saltsman (Canabalt), Will Stallwood (Auditorium), and Rami Ismail (Ridiculous Fishing).LinksVisit the Dyscourse website: http://www.dyscourse.com
Visit Owlchemy Labs: http://owlchemylabs.com
Follow us on Facebook: http://facebook.com/owlchemylabs
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/owlchemylabs
33. The Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief
'The Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief' is a thrilling crime adventure in three chapters from the creators of 'The Book of Unwritten Tales'. Full of twists and turns, it immerses you in both sides of the story, combining thrill-of-the-chase whodunit with the risk and reward of a heist story.
Paris, 1960. Europe is in the grip of the gentleman master thief The Raven. His burglaries are spectacular and he always emerges unscathed. Young hotshot investigator Nicolas Legrand stuns the public when he confronts the master thief and fatally wounds him.
London, 1964. An ancient ruby – one of the legendary 'Eyes of the Sphinx' – is stolen from the British Museum. At the crime scene: a raven feather. Is somebody trying to follow in the Raven's footsteps? – Legrand is back on the case. At the same time in Zurich a phone rings. Constable Anton Jakob Zellner looks up from behind a mountain of files. He has no idea what lies hidden in a bank vault, just a few hundred meters away from him. As he reaches for the receiver his life takes a crucial turn…
All three chapters are now available:
- Chapter I: The Eye of the Sphinx
- Chapter II: Ancestry of Lies
- Chapter III: A Murder of Ravens
- King Art's thrilling crime adventure – full of twists and turns – immerses you in both sides of the story, combining elements of classic whodunit and heist stories
- Cinematic presentation with hundreds of camera angles and dozens of cutscenes
- Optional puzzles and scoring system for adventure game veterans
- Notebook and help function for adventure game newcomers
- Breathtaking real-time 3D graphics in full HD
Categories in common with The Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief: Adventure
34. Eon Altar
A Mobile-Enhanced Local Co-op RPG for 1-4 Players
Explore the lavish dungeons and tunnels that stretch below Tarnum Fortress and conquer dozens of unique quests and challenges. Prove your worth on a tactical battlefield, and overpower your foes with strategy, magic and martial prowess. The Eon Altar’s defenders are many and they are deadly.
Choose to cooperate with your allies or deceive them. Engage them in player to player dialogue to expose the truth in myths and legends, and guide your hero to their ultimate destiny or defeat.Your smartphone is your character
- Receive personalized secret thoughts from your character direct to your smartphone
- Choose whether to share personal information with your friends or use it against them
- Upgrade and manage your character without interrupting other players
- Control the action from your smartphone with context sensitive information
- Connect your mobile devices to a central platform to coordinate tactics and movement
- Play together with up to three friends, or play by yourself in solo mode
- Work with your friends, or betray them as you race to fulfill your destiny
- Defeat legendary enemies in exciting tactical turn-based combat
- Experience an epic quest in nine episodic installments filled with action and surprise
- Explore a deep, compelling, and original sword-and-sorcery fantasy world
- Interact with enemies, allies, and your friends by acting out your character's lines
- Make impactful choices and forge your own destiny
- Gorgeous art and atmospheric environments
- Intricate, ancient, and original fantasy setting
- NPCs are fully voice acted, but you voice your own character
- Epic soundtrack by composer Tom Salta, known for his work on the Halo series
An ancient, malevolent presence stirs within the depths of the Eon Altar, and only a small band of heroes can stop it from consuming the world. What mysterious force brought you here together? Are you strong enough to stand up to your gods?
35. Alone With You
STORYFrom the creator of indie horror hit Home comes Alone With You — a bittersweet sci-fi adventure game that goes right for the heart.
You’re trying to escape a doomed space colony with the help of your troubled AI companion and four very emotional holograms. By day, you'll embark on missions to scan for clues, solve puzzles, and discover the fates of over two-dozen of your former colleagues and their interwoven lives. By night, you'll help the holograms realize their own special fates, as you get to know each other in a series of increasingly touching conversations.GAMEPLAYUse a controller or keyboard to navigate through beautifully-rendered, adventure-game style environments as you scan important items for clues and solve puzzles. Converse with your AI companion as you complete your objectives together, and engage in visual novel style conversations during each night's special scenes with the holograms.FEATURES
- Can love bloom on a doomed space colony? Get to know Pierre, Winnie, Jean and Leslie — and watch as each of them comes alive as you spend more time together
- Learn about the dozens of colonists who came before you, and how their hidden pasts and complex relationships breathed life into the lost colony
- Over a dozen missions, multiple endings, varied conversation choices, and some surprising decisions provide a story you can sink your teeth into and experience multiple times
- Experience the rich lore of a fully-realized world through more than a dozen missions, including lush agroponic installations, vast research labs, and the eerily-quiet cabins of your former colleagues
- A love letter to the Sega CD — vibrant, colourful 16-bit visuals and detailed cut-scene vignettes coupled with a rich, stirring soundtrack
- Accessibility features: separate music/sound effects volume sliders; full-screen/windowed modes; simultaneous keyboard/controller support
Action-adventure at its finest! Explore a 3D world inspired by real Sierra Tarahumara landscapes while solving puzzles, collecting magic herbs, fighting soul-eating foes, and running with the world-renowned Tarahumara prowess. The Tarahumara have been called super athletes, super humans, and even The Greatest Race the world has ever seen because of their running skills. Harness this amazing ability and engage in fast-paced gameplay!
Mulaka is being designed hand in hand with renowned anthropologists and Tarahumara leaders to capture the true essence of the culture in the game. We have unearthed old books, crumbling texts and forgotten diaries and gotten the most playable elements, as well as the coolest myths and stories and recorded authentic Tarahumara dialogue. Everything has been done so you can experience the power and adventurous history of this culture.
The gods have witnessed foulness spreading throughout their creation, corrupting men and beast alike. They now delve deep within themselves debating whether or not it's time to wipe this world clean and start over. It’s your duty to rally the demi-gods and gain their trust to save humanity! The Sukurúame is the shaman or warlock capable of interacting with the gods above, below and everywhere in between. He is also the most capable of facing mythical creatures like the gigantic Ganoko, the soul-eating Rusíwari or the fire-spitting Sipabuara.
Sukurúames are skillful at melee combat and can create special magic potions to enhance their powers and gain new abilities. Obtain new powerful transformations from the mighty demi-gods throughout your quest and become a true Sukurúame!
Mulaka features a gorgeous low-poly art style that shines with vibrant colors and breathtaking vistas that you won't believe! The low polygonal visual direction allows us to portray the vast varied landscapes of the region without sacrificing any fidelity to their real world counterparts. Not only will you look at a pretty game, but you'll feel in the Tarahumara lands. Enjoy the barren dunes of the Samalayuca desert, the unique architecture of Paquimé, the calm and romantic mood at the Lake of Arareko, the majestic nature of Basaseachi, and more!
By playing Mulaka, you're helping us contribute to the well-being of this community. We will donate up to 10% of the game earnings to NGOs that focus efforts on the Sierra Tarahumara.
37. Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem
An Open World action-RPG in a corrupted world falling apart, beautifully rendered thanks to CryEngine technology.
Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem features a dynamic, fast-paced combat system with weapon-based combos and charged attacks. Dodge, Dash, Hack, Slash and unleash devastating spells on your enemies !
The game has no class restriction and uses a Resource Opposition System that adapts to any play-style.
Co-op will be added, and players will be able to combine spells to create chain reactions, in order to overcome greater challenges.
There is a unique mechanic called Apocalyptic Form that allows players to shape shift into a highly customized character! You’re free to mold your character thanks to a deep and rich customization system. And thanks to our complex crafting mini-game and our housing module you will be able to make your adventure feel as YOUR adventure!
You are a former officer of army of the Human Republic, forced to flee the death penalty because of the magic powers you have unwillingly developed. Being tracked down by humans and hunted by the monsters of the Wild, you are recruited by a mysterious group of Templars. And thus an epic adventure begins in which you will wander the world to fight inhuman, mutated monsters and discover the terrible secret of the extinguishing mankind.
* Under development and will be added to the game during the early access
- Dynamic combat system: fast-paced combat system with weapon-based combos and charged attacks. Dodge, Dash, Hack, Slash and unleash devastating spells on your enemies !
- Open World: Discover the world and enjoy it at your own convenience
- Exploration and experimentation is rewarded with new powers, attributed according to your play style!
- Free character development - No class limitation. You have three resources: Rage and Umbra interact with each other, thanks to the Resource Opposition System, in order to balance gameplay.
- Rotating Passive Skills Tree: A deep and innovative way to taylor your play style !
- Custom player: choose your gender and customize your player, skin color, hair, beard, eyes etc.
- Randomly Generated Dungeons for infinite replayability
- Element-based spells will react to the environment and to other active elements in the area. For example, lightning will spread in water and stun targets; Fire will spread unless water or frost gets in the way, ect.
- Multiplayer mode*: Dungeon Challenge and Co-Op
- Apocalyptic Form*: According to your play style, you will develop special powers for your character, changing their abilities and look. Fierce melee warriors may gain a third arm to equip with a new weapon; a fire caster will have their skin turn into lava, healing from fire. Even wings and horns might appear depending on your actions!
- Tons of Loot: Weapons, Armor, Potions and randomly generated magic effects for more gameplay diversity!
- Asymetric Armor System: We love asymmetric armor, and we want you to be able to customize your gear down to the finest details! You will be able to equip different shoulders and arm protection on the left and right side of your character, bringing a great number of personalization options!
- Housing: Create your own house and proudly showcase your special gear!
- Rotatable and customizable Camera: Have a new point of view, choose the best angle and discover hidden details.
- Dungeon challenge*: Transform a special part of your house into a dungeon and challenge other players to survive the onslaught!
- Time of day cycle with dynamic weather: You must adapt to the time of day. Some quests will only be achievable a certain hours, while the night is full of dangers. The rain will make your electrical powers more efficient.
- Mature story full of secrets to discover exploring the world.
- Kythera AI system: The automatic real time navigation adaptation of Kythera adapts to any change in the physics of the world, allowing us to create exciting scenes including large portion of levels collapsing or moving and fighting on the back of giant creature*, creating never seen before gameplay situations!
- Semi procedural Weaponry*: Blades, pommel and guard details can be randomized for more unique gear in the game!
- Advanced Crafting mini-game*: Build your own weapons and armors thanks to a complex and challenging module in Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem
Cinders is a mature take on a classic fairytale with a heavy emphasis on player choices and role playing.
Cinders is a witty young woman living with an overbearing stepmother and her two daughters, as if she was reenacting a certain well-known fairytale. But unlike its protagonist, Cinders is not afraid of taking fate into her own hands. Even if it means breaking the rules…
The game takes a look at four women and what made them who they are. It’s a story about balancing freedom and dreams with circumstance and harsh reality. About growing up and finding out the true meaning of independence. Distancing itself from the judgmental simplicity of the original, Cinders tries to explore the more complex nature of oppression, responsibility and innocence.
With 120 decision points, over 300 options to choose from, and multiple endings, Cinders gives you total control over the main character’s personality and how her story unfolds.LinksOfficial website
39. The Long Journey Home
There are a million worlds in the galaxy. Only one of them is Home.
It was supposed to be a short test run - a quick flight to Alpha Centauri and back. But when mankind’s first experimental jump drive goes wrong, a misfit crew finds itself trapped on the wrong side of the universe - alone, injured, falling apart. The only way back… is through.
Explore an endlessly shifting universe. Form alliances with strange aliens, from the noble Wolphax Knights to cruel-minded Ilitza slaver empire. Harness your crew’s skills in everything from research to archeology to diplomacy. Learn the laws of an often hostile universe, and make tough decisions that may change it forever. Do whatever it takes to get back to Earth.
The Long Journey Home combines the endless freedom of space with a new open questing system that always leaves you in command. Deliver the stranded Glukkt to his homeworld as he asks, or to your new slaver friends? Attempt to make allies with everyone, or pin your hopes on the tougher races, and hope they never turn on you? Jump by jump, make hard decisions and live with the consequences, in a universe that is never the same twice.
One mission. Endless adventures.
Where will your Journey take you?Features
Explore a living, procedurally generated universe inspired by both classic and modern Science Fiction. Meet different aliens. Find different stories. Take different risks. Learn the secrets of the universe and with them, new possibilities.
Raid alien tombs full of traps and treasure. Compete in the galaxy’s greatest combat tournament. Find and research strange artifacts, and use your crew’s skills to find out whether that old skull is just a piece of bone, or the Holy Grail of an aggressive new species.
A crew worth leading
Choose four out of ten experts, all with personality as well as specialties. Far from just stats, you’ll come to know them as they share their feelings, their fears, their excitement and their concerns on the trip and your decisions. Learn how best to use their skills to help the others… and who might be willing to sacrifice themselves to get the others back Home.
40. Port of Call
Imagine waking up on a small dock with no recollection of who you are or how you got there. The first person you find is a grumpy, old man who enlists you to work on his ferry boat which seems to have materialized behind you. But not all is as it seems on this strange ship, and the people you meet may know more about your past than they let on.
Port of Call is a narrative exploration game that focuses on telling the player an immersive story. The game is an experiment in short-form storytelling in an immersive media. Interact with the ship's passengers and explore your surroundings in first person to try to uncover the secret of your past.
41. Town of Night
Town of Night is a First-Person Dungeon Crawler inspired by games like Shining in the Darkness, Etrian Odyssey, Diablo and Wizardry.
In Town of Night you play as Corr Algrimm. Hero, Scholar, ladies' man and expert Sword fighter - All self proclaimed.
Corr is visiting the Town of Night, a strange little town that makes money with Dungeon and Monster hunting tourism, to find out where the monsters are coming from.
In Town of Night you can recruit different members to your party to go dungeon crawling like you want to.
Remember to bring Ink and Paper to draw your own map and try not to die.
- 5-10 Hour Campaign
- 6 Different Recrutable Heroes
- Looting and Levelling
- First Person Dungeon Crawling
42. Adam's Venture Chronicles
Adam Venture is a renowned explorer and adventurer. During his epic adventures, set in the 1920’s, he encounters antique artifacts, ancient mysteries and the player will decipher strange symbols. Supporting him is his accomplice: Evelyn, with her the player will solve ingenious puzzles and embark on breathtaking platform challenges to outsmart the evil Clairvoix Corporation. Visit gorgeous locations, including historical sites and stay ahead in a race between good and evil that holds the world in the balance.
43. The Inner World: The Last Wind Monk
The flute nose dynasty has been watching over Asposia for centuries on end. In secret, they fill the roly-poly world with light and life. Emil, a trader for odds and ends, has led all the Asposians astray, making them believe that the dynasty is in cahoots with dark forces. Seriously, who knows what this weird family is doing day in, day out? The only one who could stop evil Emil is the heir to the flute nose throne: Robert. He has been petrified for three years, though. With a huge dose of enthusiasm, but little to no idea what he’s actually doing, he embarks on an adventure to find the legendary last wind monk. Of course, he has some great company: Peck, as loyal as he is flightless, and Laura, a rebel who certainly does fly, but only off the handle and who is Robert’s love with a capital L, by the way. A final ray of hope is provided by the mysterious Mama Dola, who seems to know more about Robert’s destiny than Robert himself…
- Experience the fun and moving sequel to “The Inner World” (you don’t need to know the first part!). Save the flute noses from persecution and evil Emil!
- Hours of fun brainteasers await you: find the last wind monk, cause trouble in a tumble mouse factory, play with Uncle Oboe for some toilet paper in prison, help a desperate Bingo-Pony become happy once again, bring the adorable baby gorf back home and save Asposia! Again!
- Navigate Robert and Laura, those charming Asposians, through the game. And now you can even operate the nutty pigeon, Peck.
- There are new sites for you to discover! Including the topsy-turvy airport “Asposia Central”, the quirky tumble mouse farmers and the mysterious Shovel Mountains.
- Practice new songs on your magic flute nose and activate ancient artefacts.
- Beautiful hand-drawn adventure for people quick on the draw.
- Hilarious dialogues in awesome sound quality.
- The Asposian puzzle help: Provides you with hints when you’re as clueless as Robert – completely spoiler-free of course.
- Available for most any operating system or console – except the Gameboy!
A mutant soap opera where small-town gossip meets the supernatural
MUTAZIONE is an adventure game where the juicy personal drama is just as important as the high-stakes 'adventure' part of the story. It draws on the ensemble cast format of storytelling in favourite television shows such as Twin Peaks, Deep Space Nine, Grey's Anatomy, and Lost.
Over 100 years ago a great meteor named ‘Moon Dragon’ struck a tropical holiday resort. Most of the inhabitants perished but those who didn’t remained in the mutating environment and founded the small community of Mutazione.
Fast-forward to modern day, where you play as the protagonist Kai as she travels to this strange and secretive community to visit her ailing grandfather, Nonno. Explore the village, plant musical gardens, choose who you want to talk to, and find your way through an in-game week of small-town drama and scenic hangouts.
As you nurse your grandfather back to health, you make new friends, discover old betrayals, unravel long-kept secrets, and embark on a final spiritual journey to try to save everyone from the mysterious darkness at the heart of it all...
45. Ice Lakes
Ice Lakes is an ultimate ice fishing game with a sandbox approach to wintertime fishing. Rare subject, stunning graphics, realistic physics, fish behavior system, wide selection of fishing gear, single and multiplayer with different game modes in the various locations around the world, changing season, day time and weather conditions that also affect fish behavior makes Ice Lakes the ultimate ice fishing simulator. What makes this a unique fishing game are features like fish fights, VR support, fishing locations and species around the world, which no other ice fishing game has! The game can be played both with or without VR system.Game Features
- Single player
- Multiplayer up to 32 players (Online and LAN)
- Dedicated servers (alpha version)
- 29 fish species
- 17 open world maps
- 17 competition modes
- 16 tournaments
- Fish fights
- Extensive statistics about everything
- Character customization
- Rod movement. Lure the fish to take a bait by rod movement
- Changing weather and time of day
- Change of seasons (fall, winter, spring)
- Fish behavior engine. A fish AI and swarm system controlling each species
- Fishing equipment. Learn and master the use of dozens of jigs, rods, augers, baits and lures
- Online leaderboards
- VR Support
In this game players can roam freely in the beautiful open world maps and explore river, pond and lake locations in diverse environments. Dare to go deeper into the wild where no fisherman has gone before and find the biggest catches. All maps are playable both in single player and multiplayer modes.
Finding the best fishing spots by learning the depth maps and bottom topology of each location is fun, but requires patience and dedication. Nothing wins the expectation of finding the best location or catching the biggest fish from each lake.
The real excitement starts when it is time to throw fishing lines into the water and start fishing! The right equipment for right conditions are as essential as is mastering the location. The realistic fish behavior system, fish AI and fish swarms for almost 30 fish species makes this game a lifelike fishing experience. Fishing gear can be chosen from a wide selection of different jigs, rods, augers and baits. A perfect combination of equipment for different species depends on the season, but especially weather and daytime conditions. Controlling a rod and a jig in the water in a right way and at the right depth in Ice Lakes is a skill of its own. Rod and jig physics guarantees that fish react authentically to player's actions.
Fishing independently without time limits or competitors makes Ice Lakes a relaxing game to play and tune your fishing skills in the comfort of your home. On the other hand, lengthy tournaments and very customizable single competitions will test the player's skills and knowledge, but will reward them with new equipment and limitless fame.Future developmentAfter the release the development of Ice Lakes will continue and is improved based on the wishes of the community. Moreover, the game will get free content updates including more maps, game modes, fish species, equipment and more.
46. Kaptain Brawe: A Brawe New World
Step into the world of interstellar travel, where Space Pirates lurk at every corner. Kaptain Brawe, a Space Police officer will embark on a journey filled with quests, conspiracies and general chaos, as he follows the lead of two kidnapped alien scientists. Set in a beautiful, hand drawn alternative 19th century world, Kaptain Brawe's cartoon appearance will suit younger, as well as mature players, who enjoy games filled with humorous storyline and challenging puzzles.Features:
- Reveal the greatest conspiracy in the Space Age
- Travel and explore 4 planets
- Play with 3 different characters (Brawe, Luna and Danny)
- Two game-play modes: Hard-Core and Casual
- Meet the space pirates, Interstellar government, secret agents and more
Categories in common with Kaptain Brawe: A Brawe New World: Adventure
47. Medieval Kingdom Wars
Medieval Kingdom Wars brings a fresh perspective to the grand strategy genre, combining it with a full-on real time approach, and daring to go where few strategy games have ventured before…Redefining Medieval Grand Strategy, by combining historical accuracy, a huge living and changing world, and historical quests, all in a real-time environment. Build your cities, wage your wars, serve your king, and experience siege combat with a degree of brutality never seen before
Innovative Real-Time Strategy with solo/co-op multiplayer mode, and soon to be added single player grand campaign
The bloody siege combat of the period, with numerous survival elements and brutal historical realism. Includes looting corpses and hunting rats to feed your starving garrison
Realistic, medieval siege combat with intricate stronghold construction, and over 30 siege weapons and units
Featuring the most detailed and beautiful maps seen in this genre. The world map covers all of Western Europe
- Beautiful and Dynamic World Map
- Incredible Historical Accuracy
- Complex Economic Survival Model
- Control Enormous Cities
- Weather and Seasons Change
- Powerful World Editor &Workshop
And so much more awaits you...
48. Adam's Venture: Origins
Adam’s Venture: Origins. Set in the roaring 20’s, in Adam’s Venture: Origins you will explore ancient ruins, and recover mysterious artifacts. Together with your trusted accomplice Evelyn, you will have to outsmart the evil Clairvaux company.
Adam’s Venture Origins is a reimagining of the Adam’s Venture franchise. Streamlined and replotted to forge an engaging narrative, Adam’s Venture: Origins reimagines the events of the first exploits of Adam Venture.
Adam’s Venture: Origins features new, next-gen visuals, new gameplay and new animation work which makes it into a true next-gen experience.
Adam’s Venture: Origins is the fulfillment of the original vision of Vertigo Games, as facilitated by SOEDESCO. Challenging puzzles, stunning visuals, engaging narrative and tight gameplay will make Adam’s Venture: Origins into an adventure game that is not to be missed.
- Brains over Brawn, Adam’s Venture: Origins focusses on clever puzzles.
- Delve into ancient mysteries and recover mysterious artifacts.
- Traverse long forgotten tombs and crumbling cities using the new grappling hook.
- Rich and involving storyline that weaves a surprising adventure with historical overtones.
49. Orc Slayer
The world has been overrun by Orcs, the few humans who survived the great Orc uprising have fled their homes. Towns and castles have been left abandoned, the world is at the mercy of the ferocious invading armies. Stubborn and determined you refused to run or die, hiding in the thick forest near your home plotting your revenge has led to the creation of a weapon to rival any sword, counter any magic and pierce damn near anything with lethal force. It is now up to you alone, armed with your revolutionary new weapon, to enact revenge against the hordes and cleanse your lands of their stench.
The Crossbow! – Drum fed with an infinite supply of bolts this is the only weapon any Orc Slayer really needs! Combine that with the powerful, magical special bolts dotted around the world and you’ve got a weapon fit to take on any army of unruly Orcs! Earn experience from your slaying and use it to upgrade your crossbow and special bolts for maximum Orc Slaying!
The Orcs! – Near brainless, angry and motivated by only one thing; killing anything that isn’t an Orc. Several different types of Orc and their minions make up the invasion force, each requiring a different approach to deal with, each with their own unique menace. Hit them with everything you’ve got!
The World! – Travel across the land through towns, valleys, castles and swamps! Leaving no stone unturned in your pursuit of total Orc annihilation. Careful though, they are easier out in the open in broad daylight than they are in the dark, damp corridors of a castle. Or thick foliage of a swamp.
Categories in common with Orc Slayer: Action
50. Exiled Kingdoms
Exiled Kingdoms is a single-player Action-RPG that allows you to roam freely through a unique world, full with surprises and adventure. It is an isometric game, inspired by the classics in many ways: a challenging environment to explore, choices with consequences, and a simple but versatile rulesystem enabling endless ways to develop your character. Each of your character stats will make a difference, and the world is highly reactive; new conversation options might be enabled with high intelligence, or vary depending of your standing with the many factions or your previous actions.
Explore a vast world: no one will point you to the best hidden secrets in the 135 areas. Talk to over 300 NPCs with unique dialogues, and solve 90 quests ranging from the "stereotypical" menial tasks in early levels, to epic-scale plots full with twists and hard choices. Customize your character with 70 skills and hundreds of different items. Overcome all kind of monsters and antagonists, choosing carefully the weapons or powers for each encounter if you want to have a chance. And return to the classical dungeon crawl, with traps and secret doors, and death awaiting the unwary adventurer behind every corner.
Exiled Kingdoms is a huge game, with content hand-crafted during 4 years of development and writing. It easily counts 120+ hours of gameplay for the average player, and much more taking into account replayability.Story introduction: A dark tale, and a brave new world
A century ago, the Andorian Empire was destroyed by a magical cataclysm that brought The Horrors into our world; humanity was nearly annihilated. Many thousand managed to escape sailing away to the Imperial Colony of Varannar: a savage island, dangerous and unexplored. Mistrust and blame made impossible to elect a new Emperor, and the four Exiled Kingdoms were proclaimed.
Nowadays, the ragtag kingdoms still struggle to survive in a harsh land, often waging war on each other and slowly declining into barbarism. Empire and the Horrors are, for many, just old legends and fairytales. But as a novice adventurer you rarely pay attention to such old stories; you're more concerned with your latest misfortunes and chronically empty purse.
But for once, luck seems to be on your side. A magical letter from New Garand materialized in your hands; it states that you are the sole beneficiary of a big inheritance. You don’t remember any relatives in the capital of the Kingdom of Varsilia, but certainly that won’t stop you from an opportunity like this! The road to New Garand will reveal many surprises, and will teach you that fairytales and legends can become, in fact, very real.
Note about assets: part of the art used in the game, trailer and screenshots is shared under different open licenses. You can check a full list at the Exiled Kingdoms website which includes all the details about license and the original authors.