The best games like Age of Empires II HD are:
- arrow_rightCossacks II: Napoleonic Wars
- arrow_rightCossacks II: Battle for Europe
- arrow_rightGrim Dawn
- arrow_rightSid Meier's Civilization IV
- arrow_rightStronghold HD
- arrow_rightSid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth
100 Best Games Like Age of Empires II HD:
Filter by Platform Select a Platformarrow_drop_down
- PC (100)
- Xbox One (14)
- PlayStation 4 (17)
- iOS (16)
- Android (10)
- macOS (47)
- Linux (27)
- Nintendo Switch (7)
- Nintendo 3DS (2)
- Nintendo DS (1)
- Xbox 360 (5)
- Xbox (2)
- PlayStation 3 (8)
- PlayStation 2 (6)
- PlayStation (3)
- PS Vita (3)
- PSP (3)
- Wii U (2)
- Wii (6)
- GameCube (1)
- Game Boy Advance (4)
- Game Boy Color (1)
- Game Boy (1)
- SNES (3)
- NES (2)
- Commodore / Amiga (4)
- Genesis (6)
- SEGA Saturn (2)
- SEGA CD (1)
- Web (1)
1. Cossacks II: Napoleonic Wars
In Cossacks II: Napoleonic Wars , lead your 19th century army to glory in this much-anticipated sequel to the internationally acclaimed Cossacks: European Wars. Whether fighting as Napoleon's highly disciplined "Grand Arme", the tenacious Russians and their Cossack horseback warriors, the Austrians, Britons, Prussians, or Egyptians, the challenges will be daunting as you master weapons and tactics during a time that redefined modern warfare.
Massive Historical Battles - Fight through battles of the 19th century, with massive armies colliding in varied types of terrain and weather.
Varied Game Play - Enjoy the strategic campaign for the dominance of Europe, follow in the footsteps of emperors and generals in history-inspired battles, or duke it out in open-ended skirmishes.
There's More To Winning Than Combat - Learn to weaken your enemies economically before the first musket volley is fired. Forge treaties, devise treacheries, or simply buy your opponents' loyalties.
Realistic Troop Morale System - Only well-led, well-provisioned troops live long enough to grow in experience and become valuable battlefield assets.
Online Play - Compete against or in cooperation with other armchair emperors via LAN or Internet connection.
Categories in common with Cossacks II: Napoleonic Wars: Strategy
2. Cossacks II: Battle for Europe
Let the battle begin! The Cossacks II: Battle for Europe add-on continues the renowned Cossacks II:Napoleonic Wars game. It depicts the rather short historic period of the Napoleonic wars. The Napoleon wars changed Europe forever, leading to the formation of empires and putting an end to almost one thousand years of constant strife between small states. The game provides mass-scale battles between thousands-strong armies of the nations involved in conflicts during this period. The theatres of operation introduce France, Britain, Austria, Russia, Prussia, Egypt, and three nations not represented in the original game – Spain, the Grand Duchy of Warsaw (Poland), and the Confederation of the Rhine.
The Cossacks II: Battle for Europe reconstructs in detail the soldiers' uniforms weapons and architecture of each nation. Each nation's army has its unique units and possibilities. The game includes over 180 units 190 buildings and 1200 flora and fauna elements. When developing the combat system the peculiarities of early 19th century warring were taken into account as was the value of formations provisions and troop morale. Tactical tricks utilized by military commanders of the time are fully reflected in the game. An "honest" system of bullet and cannonball ballistics based on physics is an innovative addition to the Cossacks engine. Other engine features include 3-dimensional landscaping which creates realistic-looking scenery and towns and impacts combat tactics. For example the firing range of a subdivision of soldiers or a cannon positioned at the top of a hill is greater than the firing range of a unitstationed on flat terrain.Key features:
- Control the French, Russians, Austrians, Britons, Prussians, or Egyptians -- master new weapons and tactics during a time that redefined the meaning of modern warfare.
- Fight through historically inspired battles of the 19th century, with massive armies colliding in different types of terrain and weather.
- Battles on real historical scale with tens of thausands of units on one map.
- Realistic Troop Morale System - Well-fed troops live longer and grow in experience to become valuable battlefield assets, while fierce and overwhelming opponents, or marching long distances will cause morale to drop
- Enhanced diplomacy tools help you create treaties that give you the advantages
Categories in common with Cossacks II: Battle for Europe: Strategy
Magicka is a fun franchise. Based on Scandinavian mythology, we follow a story of four mages that have formed an order to protect Midgard from a warlock. Yet this warlock is just a pawn in the greater game of a demon Assatur, who wants to destroy wants to destroy the homeland of the mages. The game gives few nods towards some other known franchises as Warhammer, Warcraft or even Star Wars.
Gaming process is very complicated. Having no character class as it is, every mage can create his unique combinations from eight different types of magic - water, life, shield, cold, lightning, arcane, earth and fire. Some of them are not compatible such as fire and cold because of their opposing nature, but the game deeply explores the way to create a unique gameplay-style based on your preference. Around the world, you can find magickas - scrolls that contain new spells and magic. Supporting up to four players at the same time it is a very fun game despite having loads of technical issues, like bugs and other problems.
4. Grim Dawn
Grim Dawn is an Action RPG developed by Crate Entertainment.
The game is set in a gritty fictional world, which resembles the Victorian era. In a war-torn world of Cairn, humanity is close to extinction. Cairn became a battleground for two extra-terrestrial forces - the Aetherials and Chthonians. Both of which are eager to completely wipe out humanity for different reasons. The game tells us a story of several humans that try to adapt and survive the harsh times.
Like in most Action RPGs, the main focus of the game is put on battling the enemies and gathering loot - armor, potions, weapons, and gold. Grim Dawn features a crafting system that is similar to the one in a popular mod DoTA. The developers put a strong emphasis on the enhanced physics in the game, environmental kills, enemies dismemberment and a totally new mission system.
The players are free to choose one of eight classes present in the game. Several factions are also featured. As the plot progresses, the player will have to choose which factions to join. Joining one faction will make the opposing one hostile to the protagonist.
After years of tireless explorations, brave Vikings have discovered a new land filled with mystery, danger and riches: Northgard.
The boldest Northmen have set sail to explore and conquer these new shores, bring fame to their Clan and write history through conquest, trading, or devotion to the Gods.
That is, if they can survive the dire wolves and undead warriors roaming the land, befriend or defeat the giants, and survive the harshest winters ever witnessed in the North.
Build your settlement on the newly discovered continent of Northgard
Assign your vikings to various jobs (Farmer, Warrior, Sailor, Loremaster...)
Manage your resources carefully and survive harsh winters and vicious foes
Expand and discover new territory with unique strategic opportunities
Achieve different victory conditions (Conquest, Fame, Lore, Trading...)
Play against your friends or against an AI with different difficulty levels and personalities
6. Sid Meier's Civilization IV
As with the rest of Sid Meier’s Civilization series, the player controls a real historical civilization and leads it from the stone age to the space era. The goal is to develop its culture, science, and economy and to conquer the neighboring countries if you feel like it. There are eighteen playable civilizations in the game with some of them having multiple leaders to choose from. Each PC-controlled leader is based on an actual historical figure and has his or her unique personality traits, such as being diplomatic or aggressive.
Civilization IV was the first to introduce different religions rather than an abstract "religion" as a concept. There are seven available religions that can be founded during the game and spread across the map, increasing their founder's influence and boosting his citizens' happiness. The fourth part also introduced the idea of Great People, such as scientists, artists, and prophets, who are also based on actual persons. Corruption mechanic was removed and replaced with expensive building maintenance. Barbarians, who used to be just random enemy units, now can build cities that, however, will not contact with the player via diplomacy and should only be eliminated.
Categories in common with Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Strategy
7. Stronghold HD
Stronghold is a real-time strategy game, the first installment in Firefly Studio’s Stronghold series.
The game takes place in Medieval Brittan of XI century. In most game modes, you take лrole of a Lord and have to develop your castle increasing its population, creating a stable economy and strong military while maintaining your popularity among the people. The game attends both the war and economics aspect. There are many types of resources in the game that can be divided into two groups: food and materials. The townspeople constantly consume food, so the player has to develop a stable production of meat, bread, apples, and cheese. Each of these types of food requires different structures and has different stages of production.
Unlike most other RTS, each military unit requires a different set of recourse to be created. E.g., crossbowman needs a crossbow and leather armor; swordsman needs a sword and metal armor.
The game has two campaigns: military and economic. In the latter, you don’t have to with other Lords, but only wild animals. Besides that, there is a free mode where you can develop your castle without any objectives or time restrictions and siege mode, separate scenarios that do not involve castle building but instead lets player attack or defend several historical castles.
Categories in common with Stronghold HD: Strategy
8. Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth
Sid Meier’s Civilization Beyond Earth is a 4X strategy game, the follower of Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri. You need to develop a new civilization from a colony that arrives on another planet. You can choose a nation from 8 available expeditions, a settlers’ class and some other parameters that give you start bonuses and define the path your colony will follow. The goal of the game is to dominate the world.
Like in the previous games of the series, Beyond Earth features resource mining and management, technology development, trading and diplomacy. However, ways to the victory differ from classic Civilization ones. Here they depend on the resource type you focus on. As a result, you can rather co-exist with the planet, become the technological leader, make this new planet more Earth-like by changing its landscape or establish contact with aliens.
Additionally to general civilization development Beyond earth often gives you tasks to progress through the game. A huge part of the game is dedicated to exploration and interaction with aliens who protect their homeland from invaders.
Categories in common with Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth: Strategy
9. Spyro Reignited Trilogy
Spyro Reignited Trilogy is a collection that includes three remastered games from the Spyro franchise that were released in the late 1990s: Spyro the Dragon, Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage! and Spyro: Year of the Dragon
The plot of the game is identical to that of the three original games. They all follow Spyro, a small cutesy purple dragon, on his quest to save his dragon kin from various villains.
The games are set in the Dragon Kingdom, a fantasy world inhabited by sentient dragons. There are five dragon realms that used to co-exist peacefully. In the first game, the villain is Gnasty Gnorc (a gnome/orc half-blood), who magically turned all dragons into crystals. Spyro has to save them and defeat Gnorc. In the sequels, Spyro has to deal with other villains, such as Ripto the warlock, who tries to conquer the world, or Sorceress, who steals the dragons' eggs.
The player controls Spyro in a 3D environment from the third person view. Spyro can breathe fire to defeat his enemies. The dragon cannot actually fly, but he can glide long distances. A dragonfly companion named Sparx follows Spyro, helping him to pick up treasures and keep track of his health. To restore his health, Spyro can eat butterflies. The third game, Year of the Dragon, introduces other playable characters that can be unlocked by completing levels.
10. Lost Planet 2
Lost Planet 2 is a third-person shooter, the second installment in Capcom’s Lost Planet series.
The game takes place on E.D.N. III, a planet full of hostile alien insectoids named Akrid. The story begins ten years after the events of the original game. The climate of E.D.N. III starts getting warmer. Military organization NEVEC begins a dangerous operation to exploit a unique Akrid Cat-G. The game consists of six episodes. In each of the player controls different characters, mainly from NEVEC’s spec-ops.
The game is divided into six episodes. Each of them consists of several chapters that in their turn consist of several missions. There are no checkpoints during the missions, so each of them requires a player to complete it in one sitting without dying. The player explores levels both by foot and via special mechanized armor suits known as Vital Suits. The Vital Suits have their own set of heavy weapons such as rocket launchers and chainsaw. On foot, the player can use a grappling hook to reach remote places or hang on other Vital Suits.
The game has the strong emphasis on multiplayer. It offers both cooperative and competitive modes. Versus multiplayer shares many similarities to previous games, adding new game modes and customization options.
11. Age of Empires II: Age of Kings
A real time strategy (RTS) game which added some new mechanics to the RTS genre (town bell is the most notable). Graphics is all bitmap, but it's quality is surprisingly high and sound design is immersive and unforgettable.
Categories in common with Age of Empires II: Age of Kings: Strategy
12. Commandos: Behind Enemy Lines
The first game in the Commandos series.
The action takes place during WW2. The player commands a detachment of saboteurs.
The game offers twenty missions. In each mission you need to perform several tasks - destroy the bridge, headquarters, military equipment, enemy commander, save someone from captivity. Different weapons are used for different tasks. Sometimes it is necessary to use pre-captured enemy equipment, including tanks and a submarine. Locations are diverse: Norway, Germany, France, Libya, Tunisia and others.
The group acts in the deep rear of the enemy. This means that the number of enemies is always much greater than the number of our soldiers and we have to act secretly. To let the enemy find us means to fail the mission and doom the squad to perish.
The group includes fighters who can do a lot of things: climb walls, control land and sea transport, shoot sniper weapons, fight with harpoon, use mines and syringes with poison.
Categories in common with Commandos: Behind Enemy Lines: Action
13. Stronghold Crusader HD
The game is an addition to the game-strategy Stronghold.
The main thing about the series of games Stronghold
The game Stronghold - a simulator of three activities:
the construction of a medieval castle,
military actions - assault of the castle or its defense,
creation and management of the village.
The atmosphere and situation of the first game
Briefly, this is the stylization of the Middle Ages. Game events begin in 1066, but there are often no time limits, so theoretically, missions can last dozens and even hundreds of game years.
The path of war and the path of peace
The game allows you to build - a settlement or a castle, carry out individual economic missions or just build freely, and destroy - invade the country, take the castle under siege or, on the contrary, crush the attackers. You can create your own maps and play in multiplay mode.
You are the ruler of the castle, you are responsible for both the economy and the war. Do not forget about the popularity - it's a separate indicator in the game.
You can build six types of buildings:
the castle and everything inside it - walls, towers, gates, barracks, ditches, etc.,
sawmills, quarries, mines and other structures for extraction of resources - wood, stone, iron and oil.
Farms that bring meat, milk, wheat, apples, hops, skins of cows,
city buildings - houses, churches, wells,
Weapon workshops, where they produce weapons and armor,
Barns and shops for cheese, bread, ale
Buildings are built instantly, it is only necessary to make such a decision. Just as quickly your soldiers are trained. But all this requires money obtained from the collection of taxes and trade.
To succeed in the economy it is not enough just to make calculations. We have to cope with unpredictable disasters like the invasion of rabbits or fire.
The war is fought by soldiers of close combat and distant combat: archers, crossbowmen, pikemen, swordsmen, spearmen, knights and even monks with clubs.
Troops can shoot from towers, move around walls, destroy walls, use siege machines, including towers, while besieged have boiling resin tanks, pits with stakes and moats with water. You can dig trenches and even organize an epidemic in the enemy camp. For complex actions, except soldiers, you need to involve sappers and engineers.
Addition Stronghold Crusader HD
Expands the set of game situations with the stories of the Crusades:
The first crusade of 1094-1099,
Saladin's campaigns of 1187,
the expedition of Richard the Lionheart, Friedrich Barbarossa and the French Philip II in order to liberate Jerusalem
The way of the crusader is a campaign of 50 cards not tied to historical events, but in the same setting.
One of the unique innovations are the assassins - the warriors of special abilities, able to invisibly enter the castle and open the gate from the inside, interrupting the guard.
14. Spiral Knights
Spiral Knights is a massive online RPG developed by Three Rings Design.
The Spiral Knights awaken in an unknown world with their spaceship severely damaged. They take a break in the town of Haven and set out on their new mission. The Knights have to get deeper under the world's surface into a maze known as Clockworks. This giant complex is full of clock-like mechanisms and contains parts of other worlds within it which makes it a haven for terrible monsters. The Clockworks constantly rearranges itself. Those who shall get to the center of the maze unravels the mystery of the maze's creators, and its purpose.
Spiral Knights is a top-down game which was heavily influenced by the first installments of The Legend Of Zelda series. You control one knight who has do face groups of enemies, avoid traps and solve puzzles. The option of cooperative play is also available for the players.
While resting from battles and exploration, the knights gather in the city known as Haven. The Players can talk to each other there, trade, upgrade their equipment or buy something new. You can also start or join a guild. With the game being entirely free-to-play, the in-game currency can be bought for real money.
Two currencies are present in the game: Energy and Crowns. Energy can be exchanged for currency or used for the in-game activities, while Crowns are used for loot. Real money is often used to buy promotional costumes or other items.
Categories in common with Spiral Knights: Massively Multiplayer
15. Commandos: Beyond the Call of Duty
Commandos: Beyond the Call of Duty is a real-time tactical strategy game with stealth elements. The game serves as a standalone expansion to the original release of Commandos, set during the WWII. The player leads a squad of different operatives in the field of battle, tasked with different discreet missions.
The expansion pack adds a new character to the playable roster and expands the capabilities of other soldiers at player’s command. As in the base game, each mission features an objective, such as retrieving documents or destroying a strategic object, and each time it requires a different strategy on how to approach the enemies and achieve the goal of the mission. Every playable character has unique skills, with some having infiltration and concealment abilities, others capable of distracting the enemy and wreaking havoc upon them, and so on.
The graphical composition of the game fits its time of release, with voxel surroundings and an isometric view of the mission’s map bringing joy to the eyes of veteran players and new coming fans of retro games alike.
Categories in common with Commandos: Beyond the Call of Duty: Action
16. Warlock - Master of the Arcane
Welcome to the World of Ardania, the famous part of Majesty series. You play as Grand Mage that aims to build a powerful empire. The player is granted the ability to command armies, user magic on the battlefield and claim the title of one and only ruler of the Ardania.
Warlock - Master of the Arcane -- is a take on a turn-based 4X grand strategy game that uses fantasy setting as one of its main gimmicks. Research and use many of the game’s spells and their combinations, conjure powerful enchantments and annihilate your enemy. The gameplay mimics Master of Magic that was released back in the 90s. The player can claim victory by killing all virtual opponents in the battles, by completing the Unification ritual, or by just killing one of the eight gods’ of Ardania Avatar. The choice is yours!
There are a total of 5 DLC available for the game. They feature new races, modes, city buildings, and stories to enhance the gameplay even more.
Categories in common with Warlock - Master of the Arcane: Strategy
17. Disciples II: Gallean's Return
Disciples II: Gallean's Return is a compilation edition that includes the base game, Disciples II: Dark Prophecy, plus the two standalone expansions Disciples II: Guardians of the Light and Disciples II: Servants of the Dark.
Disciples II: Guardians of the Light is a stand-alone expansion that lets you dive into the fantastical world of Disciples II as either the Empire or the Mountain Clans.
The Empire is decaying from within as self-proclaimed rulers struggle for control of the now vacant throne while a cruel Inquisition sweeps across the human lands, causing rebellion and misery. Meanwhile the Clans, recovering from their near-destruction, begin to reunite their tribes. They have received divine instructions and now seek to uncover an ancient ritual that will let them communicate with their god, Wotan.
Disciples II: Servants of the Dark is a stand-alone expansion that brings you into the never-ending quest for supremacy as either the Undead Hordes or the Legions of the Damned.
On the dark side, the Legions of the Damned enact a plan to spread Bethrezen’s plague across Nevendaar. They sense the threat brought about by the rebirth of the Elven god and will stop at nothing to steal this power for their own purposes. Perhaps most pivotal to the conflict, however, is Mortis and her army of Undead Hordes. After all, the rebirth of her husband Gallean was her doing. He had rejected her for what she had become, a twisted, heartless beast. Now she would teach her mate a lesson... one that would scar his people for eternity...Features
- Random map generator
- Multiple resolution support
- High level unit AI support
- Improved computer AI
- Improved editor
- Improved UI
- Auto-Resolve Combat mode
- Player can capture capitals
- Direct 3D support for improved performance
- Enhanced chat interface
- Support for large maps, 120x120 and 144x144
- All the updates for Disciples II: Dark Prophecy
- 2 new high-level mini campaigns and original Disciples II campaigns
- 16 skirmish/multiplayer maps including 10 never-before-seen maps
- 3 new special characters
- New capital backgrounds
- New battle backgrounds
- Four new music tracks
- Exclusive portfolio containing original concept art and sketches
Categories in common with Disciples II: Gallean's Return: Strategy
18. Ash of Gods
Ash of Gods: Redemption is a turn-based RPG that combines tactical combat, CCG elements, and a constantly evolving story in which no one is safe from death, including the main characters.
Ash of Gods is the story of three separate protagonists rising in response to a centuries-old menace once thought to be mere folklore.
Ash of Gods’ storyline is constantly evolving in response to players’ choices, sometimes even resulting in death. But, the death of a character is not game over. Instead, the story moves forward with the death of that character and previous choices continuing to impact future events.
Combat in Ash of Gods is a blend of both traditional turn-based strategy and CCG gameplay. While individual tactics will depend upon the skills and classes of your characters, you will unlock and accumulate cards that have the power to unleash powerful abilities, sometimes altering the course of an entire battle.
WHAT MAKES ASH OF GODS UNIQUE
Decisions with Major ImpactsEvery decision, whether on or off the battlefield, has the capacity to alter the course of events and the fate of your party with major repercussions. But, even the death of your leader is not the end of your journey.
No Random Dice RollsThere are no dice throws to determine chance-to-hit or the force of a blow. In Ash of Gods, true tacticians must master the skills of their classes and harness the powers granted by their limited supplies of cards, or suffer the consequences.
AI that Adapts to YouAsh of Gods’ AI adapts to your style of play to ensure a consistently challenging experience with no room for cheap tactics or invincible team builds.
PvE and PvP MultiplayerWork with a friend to battle the AI in PvE challenges, or challenge other players and compete for a spot on the leaderboards. Unlock new characters, upgrades, and cards to customize your tactics even further.
Rewards for RiskExpend your own HP for a last-ditch attack. Go into battle with a smaller team to get better cards and quicker rounds. Take the shorter, but more dangerous route to save on resources. Ash of Gods rewards those willing to take the risks.
After 700 years, peace in Terminum is about to end. The Feast of the Spring Equinox is in full swing when the town bell begins to ring. Captain Thorn Brenin, the bodyguard Lo Pheng, the scribe Hopper Rouley, and many others, do not yet know that the reapers have returned and intend to drown the world in blood so that they may awaken the sleeping gods.
Written by the award-winning fantasy author, Sergey Malitsky, Ash of Gods is a story-rich game full of memorable characters, powerful dialogue, and deep lore. Malitsky is currently working on a new novel stemming from the events of Ash of Gods.
Inspired by the works of Ralph Bakshi (The Lord of the Rings), classical Disney animation, and the prolific Soviet studio, Soyuzmultfilm (The Snow Queen), Ash of Gods features intricately hand-drawn illustration and animation. Rotoscoping, a technique in which a scene is first filmed with a live actor to use as reference, instills every frame of animation with incredible detail and a true sense of life.
The original soundtrack is a collaboration of Adam Skorupa, Krzysztof Wierzynkiewicz, and Michal Cielecki, whose previous work includes The Witcher, Bulletstorm, Painkiller, EVE Online, Call of Juarez, and Shadow Warrior. Every track was recorded live by professional musicians, often using traditional instruments rarely encountered in contemporary recordings.
19. Grey Goo
Grey Goo is a real-time strategy game developed by Petroglyph Games in collaboration with Weta Workshop.
On a distant habitable planet called Ecosystem Nine, three factions confront each other. Humans, Betas, and the Grey Goo nanobots. The humans arrive on the planet to investigate an unusual signal, as they thought to be to only intelligent beings in the planet system. Betas established a colony after escaping from their own planet. And the Goo used to be an old human-made surveillance system, which reprogrammed itself and tries to return to its creators while consuming everything on its way.
The players are free to choose any faction to play as both in singleplayer campaign and multiplayer PvP mode. Each faction has its own set of units, buildings and drastically differs in gameplay from every other one. For example, Betas rely on speed and mobility to outmaneuver their enemies, while humans can use teleportation devices to deploy their forces to the battlefield quickly and reconstruct their own base in a matter of seconds.
The game's developers put a heavy emphasis on the preference of macro decisions instead of micromanagement. This being said, the player's strategy serves as a deciding factor in winning the game, not the speed with which they buy their units and build structures.
Categories in common with Grey Goo: Strategy
20. Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition
Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition celebrates the 20th anniversary of one of the most popular strategy games ever with stunning 4K Ultra HD graphics, a new and fully remastered soundtrack, and brand-new content, “The Last Khans” with 3 new campaigns and 4 new civilizations.<br/>
Explore all the original campaigns like never before as well as the best-selling expansions, spanning over 200 hours of gameplay and 1,000 years of human history. Head online to challenge other players with 35 different civilizations in your quest for world domination throughout the ages.<br/>
Choose your path to greatness with this definitive remaster to one of the most beloved strategy games of all time.
Categories in common with Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition: Strategy
21. Caesar 3
Hail Governor, your city awaits.
As a provincial governor charged with spreading the glory of Rome our mission is clear: build cities, foster trade and industry, make money. How you accomplish this is entirely up to you. Gain wealth and power, make a career out of pleasing the emperor, battle Barbarians and repel invaders or concentrate on building the next Eternal City. Fail and you’ll end up as lunch for the lions. Prove your strength of mind and spirit and you just may be crowned Caesar!
- Build rule and defend on one screen - a truly intuitive, helpful interface lets you jump right in and start building.
- Citizens give you a glimpse into the life of the common man – talk to them for clues about how to improve your city.
- Various new structures and challenges arise throughout your Governor’s career, for tremendous depth of play and replayability.
22. ATOM RPG: Post-apocalyptic indie game
ATOM RPG is a post-apocalyptic indie game, inspired by classic CRPGs: Fallout, Wasteland, System Shock, Deus Ex, Baldur's Gate and many others.
In 1986 both the Soviet Union and the Western Bloc were destroyed in mutual nuclear bombings. You are one of the survivors of the nuclear Holocaust. Your mission - to explore the wild and wondrous world of the Soviet Wasteland. To earn your place under the sun. And to investigate a shadowy conspiracy, aimed at destroying all that is left of life on Earth.
• A powerful character creation tool, aimed at making the wasteland hero you want to portray!
• A balanced roleplaying system inspired by GURPS. Each stat combination provides a unique gaming experience, unique dialogues, and new ways to solve some of the quests!
• Dozens of skills, from lockpicking to gambling!
• Many hours of gameplay on all sorts of locations. Meet the other survivors in a brave new settlement, built from the dust of the old world. Venture into the wilds, where mutated creatures and savage bandits lurk. Work out the secrets of an old military bunker. Or simply lose yourself, fishing at a scenic pond...
• Turn-based combat, inspired by Fallout 1 and 2.
• Random encounters with the dwellers of the Soviet Wasteland - both friendly and dangerous. Sometimes all at the same time...
• Many deep, multiple-choice dialogues that feel like real conversations with the unique NPCs of the game.
• Nonlinear gameplay! Dozens of quests, each with many alternative solutions. Play the game like You want to!
Categories in common with ATOM RPG: Post-apocalyptic indie game: Role Playing
23. RollerCoaster Tycoon 2: Triple Thrill Pack
Stretch your imagination further to build bigger parks and higher coasters! Break ground and start from scratch, open the gates to a remarkable Six Flags park, or just create the most gut-wrenching roller coaster imaginable - now you can play your way! Choose and complete different scenarios accordingly to the experience and content you like. Satisfy the visitors by building various attractions and facilities.Wild new rides, exciting new themes, and improved easy-to-use building tools make creating the ultimate amusement park more fun than ever!
- Test your Tycoon skills with 25 amazing Six Flags® coasters and 5 Six Flags® parks based on real-life places
- Create incredible roller coasters using all-new Roller Coaster Designer!
- Thrill your park guests with over 150 different rides and attractions
- Customize your park with new and unique themes, including Giant Garden, Wild West, Pirates, and more!
24. Cossacks: Back to War
To stand alone in war is extremely unpleasant. Extremely pleasant, on the other hand, is the stand-alone version Cossacks: Back to War. Containing all of the gameplay features of Cossacks: European Wars and Cossacks: The Art of War, this is a complete care package for all current and future Cossacks fans. This add-on contains 100 captivating missions taking place between the 16th and 18th centuries. In addition, two new nations, Switzerland and Hungary, are included. These countries waged war in the late Middle Ages and essentially influenced the development of European military strategies. This addition causes the second add-on of Cossacks to pass the threshold of allowed gaming fun.
Thrilling real-time strategy game with historical background.
Fascinating 3D landscapes.
Play takes place in Europe between the 16th and 18th centuries.
Stand-alone game, other Cossacks games not required to play.
A total of 20 different European nations to command.
100 new single missions.
2 new nations: Switzerland and Hungary with a total of 8 new units.
Spectacular real-time battles with up to 8,000 units.
4 different difficulty levels.
1 new camel riding unit for Algeria and Turkey: Bedouin.
This version with low system requirements is adapted for comfortable play on any hardware from low-end computers, laptops and netbooks, to high-end PCs (with Windows Vista/7).
Ad-Hoc multiplayer play (offline mode).
Infinite AI skirmishes on randomly generated maps.
Categories in common with Cossacks: Back to War: Strategy
25. Cossacks 3
Return of the legendary Cossacks! The sequel of the award winning strategy series.
Leaning on the history of the 17th and 18th century, the real time strategy game awakens colossal mass battles with up to 32,000 soldiers simultaneously on the battlefield.
This remake of the classic game, that originally launched in 2000, contains all of the elements that distinguish the successful Cossacks games and combines them with contemporary 3D-graphics. Cossacks 3 provides the player with infinite tactical options, including not only the construction of buildings, the production of raw materials, but also the broad selection of various units and the influence of the landscape.
20 nations, 120 different unit types, 100 research opportunities, and over 220 different historical buildings are available to the player. Besides the battles ashore, players can build an armada and attack their enemies at sea. Cossacks 3 offers five historic single player-campaigns and up to eight players can fight each other in multiplayer-mode on one map. The player can forge alliances with or against others as well as challenge the computer. Randomly generated maps provide endless variations and can be adapted to the gamer’s needs.
Grandiose battles of up to 32,000 soldiers on the battlefield
20 playable nations
100 research opportunities
220 different historic buildings
Battles ashore and at sea
Five singleplayer historical campaigns
Infinite variations of battles on randomly generated mapsAs a free DLC all the players will receive 8 additional playable nations with the unique music main themes.
Information about Digital Deluxe Edition (no longer available for purchase):
Digital Deluxe - is a game edition, that contained both base game and 4 previously announced DLC, which are getting consequent releases during 1 year after Cossacks 3 release, along with few great bonuses.
We have already released 4 promised DLCs: Days of Brilliance, Rise to Glory, Path to Grandeur and The Golden Age. They include:
Early access to new nations:
[Days of Brilliance] Denmark
[Days of Brilliance] Netherlands
[Rise to Glory] Bavaria
[Rise to Glory] Saxony
[Path to Grandeur] Hungary
[Path to Grandeur] Portugal
[The Golden Age] Switzerland
[The Golden Age] Piedmont
[Days of Brilliance] Pro Fide, Lege et Rege
[Rise to Glory] Huge gambles and great achievements.
[Rise to Glory] The Lion of the North.
[Path to Grandeur] St.Jacob with us, Spain!
[Path to Grandeur] In the Service of the Grand Vizier!
[The Golden Age] Oranien bovem!
[Days of Brilliance] Konotop
[Days of Brilliance] Clash at Nordlingen
[Days of Brilliance] Stuart Restoration
[Days of Brilliance] Peasants' War
[Days of Brilliance] Landing in Brittany
[Rise to Glory] Second Northern War
[Rise to Glory] Great Northern War
[Rise to Glory] Franco-Dutch War
[The Golden age] War for Brazil
[The Golden age] War in the Caribbean
[The Golden age] The Portuguese War of Independence
[The Golden age] Siege of DunkirkHistorical battle:
[The Golden age] Battle of Nieuwpoort (1600)
[The Golden age] Battle of Pyliavtsi (1648)
[The Golden age] Battle of Prostki (1656)
[The Golden age] Battle of Saint Gotthard (1664)
[The Golden age] Battle of Villaviciosa (1710)
[The Golden age] Battle of Sheriffmuir (1715)
[The Golden age] Oran (1732)
[The Golden age] Battle of Soor (1745)Environments:
[Rise to Glory] Winter maps
[Path to Grandeur] Desert maps
Digital Deluxe Edition owners would also receive soundtrack in lossless quality (wav format).
Digital Deluxe Edition is no longer available for purchases. Its owners have already got 4 DLC for free, as we`ve promised.
Categories in common with Cossacks 3: Strategy
26. The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing III
In Van Helsing III, the civil war is over in Borgovia, but the future looks grim. The city of weird science is in ruins, squabbling factions and criminals fight for power and a strange cult prophesizes the coming of “The end of times.” And they might be just right: A wave of uncanny events shakes the land, and it’s all connected to a mysterious creature, a former ally turned into a fearful arch-villain. Which means that Van Helsing will do what he does best: He wields weapons, prepares his deadly tricks, and hunts down the most dangerous monster who has ever lived… and this time it’s personal. He’s prepared to do anything to achieve his goal, even to face the darkest secret about the birth of the modern Borgovia.
- Story - Prepare to meet your darkest fears in the conclusion of this gothic-noir adventure trilogy. This is the finale, the darkest chapter of the adventures of Van Helsing.
- Classes - Choose from six playable classes: defeat your foes as the melee-specialist Protector, be the most accurate shooter as the Bounty Hunter, master the weird science as the Phlogistoneer, engineer your tactics as the Constructor, control the magical forces as the Elementalist or become a dark, stealthy killer as the Umbralist.
- Leveling - Become more powerful as you advance through the game: the level-up customization is more detailed and diverse than ever.
- Exploration - Explore new areas in this war-torn land of darkness - both in the physical world and the Ink.
- Camaraderie - Engage in witty banter with your loyal follower, Katarina - and finally, find out her secrets: the story of her past.
- Combat - Fight hordes of bloodthirsty enemies, now more feral and terrifying than ever. Take all the weapons and tools you need: choose from plenty of new powerful items for this adventure.
- Multiplayer – You and your friends can test your skills against each other via the PVP mode (8 players) or join forces and complete the story in the co-operative campaign (4 players).
27. STAR WARS Galactic Battlegrounds Saga
The destiny of a galaxy hangs in the balance, and you are in command!
Lead the great armies of the Star Wars™ Episode II: Attack of the Clones saga in intense real-time strategy clashes. Enter the fray as the Galactic Empire, Rebel Alliance, Wookies, Trade Federation, Gungans or Royal Naboo to determine the course of the Galactic Civil War.
Expand the battlefield with the Clone Campaigns addon. Choose to play as the breakaway Confederacy of Independent Systems or the Galactic Republic in 14 missions based on characters, vehicles and locations from Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones.
- Execute campaigns over land, sea, and air in single-player campaigns, skirmishes, and multiplayer battles.
- Combat arenas extend from interstellar asteroids to epic ground battles to aquatic realms.
- Deploy vast armies up to 200 units per side - that can include Bounty Hunters, Jedi, Droids™, Wookiee Kat tanks and much more.
- Manage resources and upgradable technology into your strategy, such as Wookie ingenuity, advanced Gungan biotechnology and Jedi stamina.
- Create custom single or multiplayer campaigns featuring virtually any Star Wars units and settings with the Scenario Editor.
28. Pharaoh + Cleopatra
Immerse yourself in Ancient Egypt from the age of the great pyramids to the final years of the New Kingdom. Govern all aspects of the exotic Egyptian, culture from religion to trading with distant cities. Cultivate vast farms in the Nile valley and discover the important role this river, with its unpredictable floods, played in the life of the Egyptians. Stone by stone, erect giant monuments - from the Sphinx, to the lighthouse and library of Alexandria.
Manage your city poorly and you shall watch it burn, be pillaged or collapse in economic ruin. Manage it well and ultimately the greatest Egyptian structures will be built in your honor. Your rule will span generations, until your dynasty, your royal bloodline produces a Pharaoh!
Pharaoh includes many features never before seen in a city building game, such as a farming model based on the flooding of the Nile, naval warfare, giant monuments that are assembled over time, unique dynastic progression, and variable difficulty levels. This a massively addictive, huge, but most importantly fun game that is a great choice for anyone looking for a solid city builder title, or an intellectual challenge.
- Pharaoh + Cleopatra bundle includes Pharaoh and Cleopatra: Queen of the Nile expansion.
- A city-builder gem, made by the creators of the award-winning Caesar III.
- Extensive help section not only does an excellent job at explaining the game mechanics, but also contains many interesting facts and trivia about life in Ancient Egypt.
- Destroy enemies on land and sea, or simply build the perfect Egyptian city of your liking with the City Construction Kit.
29. King's Bounty: Dark Side
Time has come to join the Dark Journey to the other side of Teana and visit a mysterious part of the world never before seen by royal bounty hunters.
For the first time in King’s Bounty series, players will be able to choose their hero’s race as well as class. Become a fearless Orcs warrior, lead and heal your troops as a Demoness, or use dark magic as a fearsome Vampire.
The world is in turmoil. After winning the battle of Tristrem, arrogant elves plunder Orcish villages, desecrate holy shrines, and massacre the innocents. Orc-Baghyr, the greatest living Orc warrior, is forced to flee with a handful of loyal followers. He vows to return with a stronger force and retake his homeland!
Armies of human knights invade the land of Atrixus. A young Demoness named Neoleene, still mourning the death of her royal father, and her small unit of devoted imps is all that stands in the way of the invading horde.
Castle of the ancient Morton clan is threatened by an army of vampire hunters. Young Daert leaves home to seek allies among the other Dark races. All must join him or perish.
Fates of the three heroes are sealed. They come together in the depths of the Black Cave, where many centuries ago races of Light imprisoned Ancient Evil. The heroes exchange vows and share antique artifacts, then gather their armies and march to fight for the very survival of their race. They must unite against the Light or face extinction!
- New companion system (different companions for each character);
- New battle companion;
- New units, artifacts, and rage abilities;
- Over 100 new quests and 15 new locations.
30. Majesty 2 Collection
Includes all Majesty 2 content:
- Majesty 2
- Kingmaker expansion
- Battles of Ardania expansion
- Monster Kingdom expansion
- Real-time strategy with indirect control – your heroes have a will of their own
- Build the ultimate fantasy kingdom and experience an engaging world, but beware: monsters are waiting to lay siege to your domain
- Defend your realm with noble warriors, spell-wielding wizards, or wild barbarians
- Multiplayer for up to 4 players over LAN
Categories in common with Majesty 2 Collection: Strategy
31. SpellForce 2: Faith in Destiny
In times of war and chaos you will assume the role of a young man, who is supposed to liberate the entire world of Eo from the new, nameless evil. Along with a group of diverse heroes and a dragon as trustful companions, you will fight to gain information about this mysterious new enemy and thereby discover your own true destiny.
With daring and courage you will be able to succeed in this brand new, epic, strategic RTS/PRG-Mix that combines the storylines of the previous Spellforce-games and continues further.Key Features
- Click'n'Fight and Quick-Action-Buttons: perfected control system for Instant-Actions, best overview, and strategic sophistication
- Domination: all new multiplayer mode; you have to keep control of strategic nodes, which are spread over the map, in order to obtain resources to further strengthen your armies
- Single-Player campaign ensuring a maximum of fun, riveting story progression and countless quests - all refined by the authentic and consistent world of Eo
- Choose your individual path among a plethora of different skills and magic abilites, offering numerous combinations of character development
- For the first time in the history of SpellForce, you can even ride on a dragon
- Completely new race with buildings, also playable in multiplayer
- Stand-Alone expansion: SpellForce 2 - Shadow Wars & SpellForce 2 - Dragon Storm are not required to play the game
32. Romero's Aftermath
Scavenge for guns, supplies, survival items and crafting materials in various zones including cities, farms, military bases, abandoned outposts, forgotten rest stops and hundreds of small encampments left behind by survivors before you.
Build and protect your shelter, harvest crops, learn crafting blueprints and store your items on our server in your Global Inventory or hide them in a stash box in the world.
Be a civilian, a trader, a protector of peace, a ruthless bandit or combination of them all. Customize your character with hundreds of visual cosmetic items including Headwear, Facewear, Shirts, Jackets and Pants. Swap your cosmetic items at any time on the fly, unlock weapon skins and show everyone in a safezone that you know where to find the rare items.
THE FOLLOWING FEATURES ARE AVAILABLE RIGHT NOW :Gun Skins
Unlock permanent skins for your guns via special Cosmetic Crates that can be found in the world. These skins display to other players and can be changed at any time. Skins can also be traded if you already have the skin. There are even rare permanently skinned guns rumored to be available to those who hunt far and wide.Crafting
Fill in the gaps during your looting adventure by crafting useful things you couldn't find. Break down rubbish items in the world into their core crafting components and repurpose them into high end upgrades to your gear or fashion a new silencer for your gun. With over 40+ crafting recipes to be unlocked you'll find that almost anything you need can be crafted, provided you've found the right components. Loot or craft all the items a survivor would need in a zombie apocalypse as well as a few novelty and lethal crafting options that may be above and beyond the usual survival requirements. Craft shelter, weapons, attachments, armor, ammunition, medical supplies, food, purify water and set up traps for players or set up a nice peaceful garden to harvest.Town Liberation
You've looted the city and killed the zombies, but what should you do next? Liberate the town of course! Now players have the option to repair generators and fill them with gasoline from a nearby gas pump. Once all the generators are repaired and enough zombies have been killed then supply drops with epic loots will begin dropping all around the town! Beware though, other survivors will likely be wanting the supply drops as well. It is up to you to decide if you share the spoils.Supply Drops
Supply shipments containing large caches of weapons, ammo, medical supplies and rare guns have been spotted randomly on the map. Be lucky enough to find one of these alone and you'll walk away armed to the teeth with enough gear to arm your friends as well!Radio Tower Control
Disable zombie sense of smell, sight and sound for a short period of time in key areas to move unhindered and unnoticed by the local zombies. Find a radio transmission chip and insert it into the console at a functioning radio town in a town to take advantage of this new gameplay.Hundreds of Character Customizations variants
Customize your character at any time in game simply by opening the customization menu. Change out your hat, mask or scarf, upper body and legware to match your surroundings. Don't stick out like a sore thumb in the middle of the jungle with a desert camo outfit. Adapt your clothing to fit to your surroundings without taking up bagspace.Place-able Barricades
Find fortification in any situation with placeable barricades. Available both through looting as well as crafting - these essential placable barricades can be the difference between life and death by blocking damage and visibility between you and another survivor attempting to shoot you. With 7 different barricades to choose from you'll have one for every situation including cleverly placed barricades to enable access to an area not normally accessible.Base Building
Ever dreamed of owning a little piece of land overlooking your favorite location in a game? Now you can with our totally renovated base building system! Place down your statue to claim your land and build unhindered anywhere on the land that you own. Place defenses, harvestable crops, cooking racks, water wells, living quarters for your friends and your own personal storage locker! Owning a base has never been better!Grouping
Group with your friends or even make new friends with other players in game. You can't be back stabbed while in a group so feel free to team up with anyone! Beware they might lead you to some of their not so friendly "friends" but that's all part of the adventure. Take on challenges like the new Town Liberation's or raid an enemy base in style in all matching cosmetic outfits!Stat Tracking
We now make it easy for you to track your stats in game like time played as well as kills and deaths simply by typing /stats in game chat.Harvestable Crops
Live off the land and prosper by hiding gardens around the land for your own personal food stash or protect them inside your base. Once food has been harvested you can choose to eat it on the spot, cook it or use it in a crafting recipe to possibly get even better results.Variety of Guns
Want to play a game where you don't have all the best items the very first hour you play? We have variety of weapons to find right now. We have items ranging from crafted and assembled homebrew weapons as well as high grade factory weapons including rare collectors edition versions of guns and different tiers of weapons featuring different recoil, spread and damage ratios. The rarer the gun, the better the gun. Show off your guns and skins in a safezone or trade with other players!Melee Weapons
As much as everyone always wants to be armed to the teeth with the best assault rifle, everyone has to start somewhere and sometimes the best you've got is a kitchen knife. We've got you covered from simple household weapons to crafted makeshift weapons as well as heavier duty fire axes and maces that deal brutal damage but swing slow. We're sure you'll be able to find your niche weapon for beating off zombies.PVP Servers
Up the anty with a bit of extra excitement in your zombie apocalypse. Head into a PVP server where it's no holds barred item drop PVP and test your mettle against other survivors if you happen to cross paths. Town Liberations are enabled on PVP servers to add a bit more risk to the reward of open world "anything goes" pvp. Find unique solutions to player disputes on PVP servers not normally possible on PVE. Expect players to be ruthless.PVE Servers
Tired of always feeling like everyone is out to get you for all your precious items and every shadow and sound is terrifying? We understand that you might feel more like going on an adventure and turning up the ambiance without the constant fear of someone stalking you. PVE offers a more casual experience for players that just want to practice surviving and looting in the world without PVP combat.Totally new respawn system
Now featuring five new respawn options so players really have control over where they are in the world. Upon your unfortunate death you can now choose between proximity, sleeping bag, base, group or safezone now. This really helps players meet up with their friends across the map quicker by taking a quick and dirty respawn or allows you the convenience of being across the map and still returning back to your base in a pinch, provided you're okay with dying :)
33. Shadows: Awakening
“An ancient proverb warns: ‘Never trust a demon, for betrayal is their very blood’.
Yet the Sura, the great ogres of the Wastes, have a different saying: ‘A demon honours its pact’. Perhaps when the race of men looks into the eyes of hell, they see their own darkness reflected…”
– Carissa Cantrecht
Shadows: Awakening is the new adventure in the Heretic Kingdoms saga. After the members of the secret council known as the Penta Nera are assassinated, their souls are consumed by the Devourers – evil demons which possess the ability to absorb the memories and personalities of the souls they acquire and materialize them as their puppets. Re-emerging into the mortal realm once again, the demonic Penta Nera continue their quest for power and immortality, but at what cost?
Shadows: Awakening is a unique, isometric single-player RPG with real-time tactical combat. You take control of a demon summoned from the Shadow Realm – the Devourer – to consume the souls of long-dead heroes and embark on an epic adventure with challenging gameplay, a gripping storyline and enchanting graphics. Do you have the focus and wits to master the world of the Heretic Kingdoms? Gather your party, control powerful heroes and use their skills to your advantage. But who is in charge… the demon, or the souls that it has devoured? It's up to you to either thwart a major threat and save the world, or to plunge it into complete disaster…
34. Pox Nora
Pox Nora is an online, collectible, turn-based strategy game. Players can take their deck of Runes (cards) and go on an adventure in the many single player campaigns, skirmish against the AI, or battle against other players in player vs player matches. Public decks are available to unlock with gold or by playing the faction walkthrough campaigns. If you like Pox Nora, you can expand your deck options by purchasing additional rune packs that will give you access to more Champions, Spells, Relics and Equipment.
- Completely free to play with additional content available for purchase
- Wage war against opponents through exciting player vs. player gameplay
- Adventure with iconic characters in single player story campaigns
- Play the game with Public Decks you can unlock with gold and by playing the game
- Build decks from 8 unique factions through full or split faction play
- Build your collection of runes over time and customize your decks with the Rune Manager
- Trade runes with the community or build them with the Rune Forge
- Join in draft tournaments to win prizes
- Save up and spend virtual gold that you earn by playing the game to get additional characters and more in the Marketplace
To find out more visit the Pox Nora website http://www.poxnora.com/info/features.do
35. Age of Wonders Shadow Magic
Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic is the third entry in the award winning fantasy strategy series. This fan-favorite enhances the series' praised fusion of empire building, role-playing and tactical combat with the eerie Shadow World and battle with races never before seen, across new and diverse landscapes.
Combined with the option of creating a totally unique environment with the map generator and rewriting the history of this world through the enhanced campaign editor, you are ensured a constant stream of completely new game experiences.
- Features a full new Campaign with 5 episodes and 16 scenarios, with new characters and a new unfolding story. 19 stand-alone scenarios are included.
- Revisions to the original 12 Age of Wonders races. Each race has a new city upgrade, which comes with a new unit. For example, the Elves can build a Secret Forest, which cloaks the town and produces Treemen.
- Three entirely new races: The steppe roaming Nomads, the sinister Shadow Demons and the otherworldly Syrons.
- Use diplomacy with your rivals as you see fit. Lay siege to enemy cities with a careful balance of tactical guile and magical augmentations. You might just be destined to become the greatest Wizard-King of all time.
- Confront rivals in Multiplayer via a LAN or over the Internet for up to 8 players - options include Play by Email, Hot Seat, and the exciting Simultaneous-Turn System allowing all players to move at the same time!
- Design your very own scenarios, heroes, items, and even new Wizards with the enhanced scenario editor, challenging others to triumph over your creation.
- Use the random map generator to create new scenarios or multiplayer challenges at the click of one button!
36. Soldiers: Heroes of World War II
The player can take control of American, British, Russian, or German forces to play out battles that are set in World War II. The game is primarily a strategy game, but the player can take control of his or her forces and direct them with the keyboard and mouse for additional depth of control.
- Command or commandeer over 100 authentic vehicles and weapons
- Battle through a variety of ultra-detailed terrain from coastal waters to Normandy villages
- Fire from cover or hide from the enemy with totally interactive scenery Fight as British,Americans, Russians or Germans through more than 30 intense missions
- Get into the thick of the action with Direct Control of each unit, or command your elite squad with RTS-style gameplay
- Engage cunning AI enemies as they counter your plans with real battlefield tactics
- Multiplayer: LAN. Internet multiplayer is possible with the help of third-party software
Categories in common with Soldiers: Heroes of World War II: Strategy
37. A Game of Thrones - Genesis
What King will you be?
Conqueror, Usurper or Diplomat?
"A Game of Thrones - Genesis" immerses you into the heart of the battles and intrigues between the Houses that shaped the Kingdom of Westeros. From Nymeria's arrival in the Kingdom of Dorne to the awakening of the "Others" beyond the Wall, you'll live the origins of A Game of Thrones saga through more than 1000 years of history, by taking part in Westeros' founding events and largest battles.
In this great strategy game, victory does not necessarily result from brute force. You can choose to use a military approach and besiege your opponents, strangle them in an economical war, or even use dirty tricks and diplomacy to politically crush them. Treachery and deception are everywhere and can be more efficient than the most powerful army. So watch your back and show no mercy if you want to keep sat on the Iron Throne.
- The video game adaptation of the fantasy saga "A Song of Ice and Fire" by George RR Martin.
- A deep and exciting gameplay combining strategy, diplomacy and politics.
- Discover the origins of the universe of the Iron Throne through the Story mode, and participate in major conflicts that have shaped Westeros.
- Compete against up to 7 other players in multiplayer. Form alliances, break them, show subtle tactics and crush your opponents!
Categories in common with A Game of Thrones - Genesis: Strategy
38. American Conquest
American Conquest – Players set sail from Europe to discover new world and conquer its innumerable riches. The game begins in 1492, when Columbus lands in the Caribbean beginning three centuries of war as 12 different tribes and nations battle for survival and conquest. In eight historical campaigns spanning 42 missions you will play the role of great legends such as Pizarro and Washington commanding epic real-time battles containing up to 16000 soldiers on 3D landscapes. Harness new technologies, unique weaponry, improved fighting units, and the delicate world of diplomacy. Play with fire! Conquer America!Key features:
- Epic real-time strategy with historical background
- Captivating real-time battles with up to 16,000 units
- Covers the era between 1492 and 1813
- 42 versatile missions in 8 thrilling campaigns e.g. Pizarro's Expedition, the War of Tecumseh, the Seven Years War, the American War of Independence
- 6 historical battles in multiplayer mode
- 9 separate single player missions
- 12 different nations and tribes: Spain, England, France, Aztecs, Incas, Mayas, Sioux, Delaware, Huron, Iroquois League, Pueblos, USA
- Over 100 different units and 106 buildings
- Tactical formations for infantry, cavalry and artillery using officers, drummers and standard bearers
- Realistic artillery effects, including gunner squadrons transporting and loading canon, as well as detonating canon balls
- Fighting morale is influenced by victories, defeats, food supplies, equipment and mercenary pay
- Apart from wide range attacks, all shooting units can fight with swords and knives (Cold Steel Attack)
- All buildings can be attacked, occupied and defended by troops
- Fortresses, forts and log cabins provide defensive advantages; units can also be accommodated and trained there
- Map scaling provides an extensive overview of the fighting action through a unique zoom perspective
- Huge maps (30x20 screens, 1024x768 pixels) and fascinating landscapes in four different climatic zones
- Detailed animation of all movements, including loading weapons
- Intricate diplomacy system allows players to build alliances with neutral tribes to trade for warriors and raw materials
- Natural environment can be used strategically: caves as hiding places or ambush starting points, hills extend the shooting range
- Multiplayer mode for up to 7 players via LAN or the Internet: Deathmatch, historical battles, automatic championship system and global rating system, War For America
- Detailed random maps in various sizes and with multiple settings for unlimited gaming fun
Categories in common with American Conquest: Strategy
39. Age of Empires: The Rise of Rome
Age of Empires: The Rise of Rome is a strategy game developed by Ensemble Studios. It came out on 31-10-1998. It was published by Microsoft Studios. The game is rated as "Recommended" on RAWG.
You can play Age of Empires: The Rise of Rome on PC.
David Rippy and Stephen Rippy scored the game.
Categories in common with Age of Empires: The Rise of Rome: Strategy
40. Knights of Honor
As King, it is your duty to lead your people in their struggle to raise your kingdom from its humble beginnings to a position of power and prestige. War, diplomacy and a burgeoning economy are the means by which you increase your power and expand your influence. A unique Knight-management system will offer you brand new possibilities to enhance your personal strategy.
- Loyal knights blessed with special skills stand true at your side. Use them wisely in the military, the administration of your lands and in diplomacy, and then use their hard-won experience to further develop their talents as you see fit.
- Astute development of your estates and castles both satisfies your people and secures you decided strategic advantages. A suitable infrastructure can soon promote a flourishing economy. Exotic resources and relicts are spread over the game world and will reward your complete kingdom with special amenities.
- Lead your hand picked troops into battle and conquer enemy realms. Storm massive fortresses or lay siege to them and starve your enemies out or even poison the water. Defend your own realms against invading forces and use your tactical skills wisely.
- Use your feel for diplomacy when concluding trade agreements or entering into military alliances. Choose husbands for your daughters wisely, consolidating your power through marriage. Be ever on the watch for assassins and spies - and do not get caught yourself.
Categories in common with Knights of Honor: Strategy
41. 8-Bit Armies
A Blast From the Past!
8-Bit Armies is a retro Real-Time Strategy game for the PC. With a colorful, blocky voxel art style, 8-Bit Armies is Petroglyph's most fast-paced, friendly, and accessible RTS game to date. Collect resources, build up and defend your base, amass your army of military units, and ultimately crush your opponents! 8-Bit Armies features offline single-player missions, two-player cooperative missions, AI skirmish mode, and Player-vs-Player Multiplayer modes running on dedicated game servers.
Initial release includes:
- 25 offline campaign missions
- 12 co-op missions to play with your friends
- 10 multiplayer/skirmish maps that support up to 8 players online
- AI with multiple difficulty options to play with cooperatively or fight against
- Classic Base-Building mechanics let you construct the ultimate HQ from which to launch attacks against your foes
- Destructible environments on maps ranging from small to very large
- Easy to understand modern military units and structures lets RTS beginners jump right in
- From the same team that brought you RTS classics such as Star Wars: Empire at War, Universe at War, and Grey Goo
8-Bit Armies is for anyone that enjoys RTS games, or felt overwhelmed by more serious games. With hours of solo and co-op gameplay included, there's something here for everyone!More reviews from game journalists...
"Its biggest offering to the RTS genre is its brilliant retro design and vivid, colourful graphics coupled with easy-to-learn gameplay. For those intimidated by the complexity of RTS games, 8-Bit Armies is a great place to start."
"Simple and balanced game play make 8-bit Armies an indie game gem! I wasn’t kidding when I said that I can’t stop playing this game, it is that good!"
- Just Press Start
"I love the the game, and it is definitely worth buying." and... "It's a fun, fun game and I'm absolutely, absolutely loving it!"
- Worth A Buy (YouTube)
42. Wild Terra Online
Wild Terra Online is a massively multiplayer life simulator in a fully player-driven medieval world.
Here everyone will find an occupation that appeals to one’s soul: world exploration, hunting, crafting, home decorating, fights and castle sieges.
Start as a survivor - become a medieval king!
- Huge open world based on a realistic medieval Europe.
- Explore a world that is completely created and driven by players. There are no pre-built castles, NPCs, or quests in the game. Only players themselves are able to build roads, cut down forests, found new towns … shape the server as they want!
- Open world with the possibility to build wherever you want. It doesn’t matter whether it’s a campfire for one night or eventually an entire castle!
- Deep crafting system with different professions to indulge in: agriculture, animal husbandry, cooking, smithing, and more. There are lots of resources to gather and recipes to learn.
- Success in PvP depends on tactics and a player’s skill. Having a high level and upgraded equipment does not always guarantee a win. Wise usage of advantages such terrain and choice of one’s equipment are also keys to winning fights.
- Servers for those interested in hardcore survival with full loot drop on death, destructible buildings, and PvP. There are also quiet servers for those who prefer a calm atmosphere and a non-PvP experience.
43. Sudden Strike 2 Gold
- 5 epic campaigns and a new combat theater: The Pacific!
- Massive battleships, landing craft and trains
- Command airfields and deploy aircraft
- Mechanized units now have individual crews to command
- Dynamic weather system
- Contains "Sudden Strike 2", "Resource War" add-on and "Total Victory" map pack
- Contains map editor for user-generated maps and missions
Categories in common with Sudden Strike 2 Gold: Strategy
44. The Entente Gold
On June 28, 1914 in the center of Saraevo Gavrilo Princip shot Archduke Franz Ferdinand and his wife. Those shots began one of the bloodiest wars in the history of mankind the First World War. For four long years the earth trembled from gun explosions, the air was whistling with bullets and the sky was covered with smoke and ashes. It was the first war with such amount of troops to take part in it and with military operations going on earth, in the skies and seas, even under the water. Weapons of mass destruction were used for the first time.
The Entente WWI Battlefields gives a chance to see it with your own eyes and try to change the history. Choosing one of five available countries of this real time strategy game (France, Germany, Russia, Austro-Hungary, England) players get under command troops with various units starting from infantry and cavalry and ending with battleships. All units were made true from historical point of view by using archive documents and photos. Every nation has its own features, which allow you to use strengths and weaknesses of troops from different states.
Economic and military advisors are present in the game to facilitate control over economic and military development. Advisors assist in upgrades, obtaining resources and producing units. There are more than 1000 structures on the map and 80000 units, 3D sound and full encyclopedia of armament that give a chance to feel like high military commander entrusted with the fate of the nations.
• One of the first games based on actual events of the WW I
• Massive battles (up to 10,000 units can take part in a battle from each side!)
• Non-linear mission structure and authentic historical battles
• Various types weaponry, armor, vehicles, buildings from that period, which are unique for each nation
• Entente Gold includes two new campaigns with 7 missions each, map and missions editor.
Categories in common with The Entente Gold: Strategy
45. Druidstone: The Secret of the Menhir Forest
The druids of the Menhir Forest are troubled. Not only has the Archdruid disappeared, a darkness in the form of purple cysts has fallen upon the forest. It is up to Aava, the daughter of the Archdruid and her new-found companions Leonhard, a mysterious man with no past, and Oiko the mage, a dropout from the guild of Red Priests, to rescue the Archdruid and find out the truth behind the sinister events. As if this wasn't enough, a murderous maniac impersonating Leonhard is at loose in the forest....
Druidstone: The Secret of the Menhir Forest is a labor of love from the makers of the critically acclaimed Legend of Grimrock series. Druidstone is a tactical, single-player, turn-based roleplaying game, which combines the best qualities of modern RPGs with the elegance of tactical boardgames. Every action, every turn counts as you control your party of heroes through handcrafted, challenging missions with varying objectives.
Druidstone is set in a unique fantasy world, Elo Sphaera, filled with ancient, lush forests, standing stones, snow-topped mountains, deadly creatures and puzzle-ridden ruins. The epic story about love and death is centered around the main characters Leonhard, Aava and Oiko, who will along the way meet up with unexpected companions and villains, each with their unique personalities and abilities.
Get ready to venture forth and uncover the secrets of the Menhir Forest!Key Features
A tactical turn- and tile-based battle system where every action, every turn counts.
Upgrade the abilities of your heroes as you see fit using power gems obtained by completing missions and discovering hidden treasures.
Challenging, hand-crafted missions with playtimes ranging from 15 minutes to 45 minutes.
Solve devious non-combat puzzle levels to obtain rare equipment.
A gripping, fantastic story of love and death centered around the main characters Leonhard, Aava and Oiko.
A unique fantasy setting combining elements from western RPGs, JRPGs and tactical boardgames in unexpected ways.
Play custom missions created by others or make your own campaigns with the upcoming Druidstone Level Editor available as a post release update.
46. Warlords Battlecry III
Warlords Battlecry III further expands the Battlecry tradition of featuring persistent RPG-like fantasy heroes with its retinue of loyal followers fighting massive battles in the Warlords' world of Etheria. It is a true sequel to Warlords Battlecry I & II, featuring many familiar races and troop-types, while also adding some new ones into the mix.
Warlords Battlecry III continue to perfect its automated feature system, greatly reducing gameplay micromanagement and quickly proving to be the holy grail of RTS games among gamers of the genre.
While being a strong RTS outright, there are also numerous activities for players to engage in between battles, such as obtaining titles and awards, trading and purchasing items & retinue members, and even an upgradeable castle to reflect your importance and influence in the world of Etheria.
Extra features included in Warlords Battlecry III are specifically geared to please the legions of previous Battlecry players, including the removal of hero and unit caps, the addition of new special abilities for high-level heroes and the creation of an intuitive hero system. All of these features, coupled with new races and hero classes, new spells and items, and new building and dragons meld to form a Real-Time Strategy game that once again raises the benchmark for other games in the genre. Warlords Battlecry III is poised to receive even greater accolades than the previous award-winning titles in the Warlords Battlecry series.
Sixteen different races, twenty-eight different classes.
More than one hundred and thirty spells over thirteen different spheres of magic. New Magic Items many of them special & rare, some even able to cast spells.
Plaguelords, Saurians, Swarm. The old Human side will be split into Knights & Empire. This will include new units and new buildings.
All of your old favorites plus eight new classes combine together in a new hero system that is easier to learn but harder to master than before. Take heroes beyond level 50. Gain levels while actually playing the game.
Rock & Lava terrain, along with Jungle, Ruins and subterranean caverns.
Players will be able to produce six different coloured dragons all with unique abilities and breath weapons.
Many different shops will allow players to purchase items & troops to aid them in battle. The variety of different Lairs will produce neutral units that will roam the map seeking out trouble.
* Multiplayer mode is functional, but not supported.
47. Heroes of Annihilated Empires
Check out the high-resolution trailer and see what the game is all about.
Heroes of Annihilated Empires - is a fantasy-based trilogy game in the genre of RTS vs RPG for PC. A new proprietary 3D-engine is used to power the game. Episode one is set on Atlans island, the historical homeland of elves. The world of the game is living and huge, full of magic, mythical creatures, heroes and powerful forces involved in a large-scale conflict dating back to the past. The gameplay enables the player, controlling one of the heroes, as to lead thousands-strong armies into battle, so as combat with the hero alone, making use of the entire arsenal of possibilities and powerful magical spells. The possibility to upgrade your hero, improve his abilities, find artifacts and get random quests serves to hugely diversify the gameplay.
- Innovative opposing of two genres in one game - RTS vs RPG
- New 3D engine
- Detailed game world, including support of 5 novels from Europe-renowned writer Ilya Novak
- Mass-scale battles of thousands-strong armies
- Four unique races, individual skills, spells and artifacts
- 12 heroes, 12 neutral races, 100 units and 150 various buildings
- Excellently developed character types and impressive unit animation
- Over 150 magic items and over 100 spells
- Original and involving story of the campaign
- Classic multiplayer over LAN or the Internet, up to 7 players in a game. Mix of two genres in the game: RTS vs RPG with a possibility to blend or choose in between during the play.
- Original card system of magic spells, equally interesting to both hardcore gamers and newbies. Over 50 spell cards
- Involving process of character level-ups throughout the entire game
- Stunning intros and cut-scenes. Comics in-between missions to give a deeper story insight
48. Little King's Story
Once upon a time, in a small, unremarkable village, there was a timid little boy who didn't have any friends. One day, while playing alone in his bedroom, he was rudely interrupted by a family of dirty rats. Chasing them out of his room, the little boy suddenly found himself lost in a vast, mysterious forest, where he happened upon a magical crown that imbued him with the power to command. The little boy -- with his newfound companions Liam, Verde, and Howser the Bull Knight at his side -- has (rather surprisingly) become the leader of the small, down-on-its-luck kingdom of Alpoko.
With his newfound powers of persuasion, the little boy began working to raise Alpoko from the depths of obscurity and poverty into the dizzying heights of absolute power and prosperity. With Howser offering effective advice and unrestrained ambition, and the citizens of Alpoko sharing his grandiose plans (whether they want to or not), the little boy marches ever onward to his ultimate goal of World Domination!
Initially released for Wii to rave reviews, this cult classic real-time strategy game juxtaposes cutesy fairytale visuals with some decidedly adult cynicism for a zany, irreverent adventure to build, enhance, and maintain a mystical, magical kingdom. Making its way to PC for the first time, this edition of the game remains faithful to the Wii original, but brings all its charming, sassy fun to a new audience. Can you keep Alpoko safe from the Onii and help our little hero become king of the whole world?Key Features:
- Play an enhanced HD port of the fan-favorite Wii version of the game, with all the original storybook-style art, content, and gameplay present and accounted for.
- Play in English, French, Italian, German, or Spanish, to ensure that most of the Western world can understand your claim over their land (Note: Game also contains Japanese text, but in order for the Japanese text to display properly the Windows OS must be set to Japanese).
- Have your loyal subjects dig for treasure, erect buildings, and break obstacles to access new areas -- all in the name of bettering your kingdom.
- Interact with unique NPCs who have individual likes, dislikes, and personal memories which evolve based on their daily experiences.
- Take a variety of quests to help increase your reputation and further the noble name of Alpoko.
- Unite the surrounding rival kingdoms under your flag to become the best monarch in all the land (and ultimately, the one who rules over all the land!).
49. Space Colony
Half way across the galaxy with limited resources, a mega corporation looking over your shoulder and a ragtag crew expecting a pay cheque, it's up to you to survive and turn a profit. You have a base to build and hostile alien threats to neutralise, but ignore your crew and the colony is doomed. Each colonist has a mind of their own, so keeping them safe, happy and alive is no easy feat. Nurture your crew and they’ll team up to protect your intergalactic empire, forget to pay them and you’d better post a guard at the reactor!
As a commander of military and commercial installations on Earth, Blackwater Industries wants to see how you handle the rest of the galaxy. In Space Colony your career is in the hands of an unruly crew, all looking to escape life back on Earth. Choosing from more than 100 different buildings, it’s up to you to design and build a colony that meets their needs. Before you shell out your credits on iron extraction and lucrative space chicken production remember that without laser defences, a sauna and a half-decent restaurant nobody is going to want to work for you.
Created exclusively for Steam, this remastered version of Space Colony features a new Galaxy mode 'Obar' mini-campaign, Steam Workshop support, achievements, trading cards and Steam Cloud for saved games. Space Colony: Steam Edition is the definitive version of the sci-fi base builder for fans of the original, the builder genre and the Stronghold series, with which it shares DNA in both gameplay and an irreverent sense of humour.
Also supported are settings for HD graphics unavailable in the original version, allowing players to view their entire base on a single screen! Detect alien life forms early and counter-attack before they get near your crew, keep an eye on all workers at once or harvest resources off-base while making sure everyone visits the colony psychologist.
- Remastered for Steam - New 'Obar' mini-campaign, Achievements, Trading Cards, Steam Workshop, Steam Cloud support and a re-balanced Easy Mode.
- Construct a Colony - Design a base for cosmic warfare or interplanetary tourism with military and civilian campaigns.
- Defend Your Crew - Protect your colonists from alien life forms with Hovermines, laser turrets and the fearsome Dogbot.
- Train Specialists - Select your crew from a cast of 20 unique characters and train them in cybernetics, mining, lasers and more.
- Explore the Planet - Increase your wealth and standing with Blackwater Industries by mining minerals and expanding your colony with over 100 different structures.
- HD Upgrade - High resolution graphics allow you to view your entire colony on a single screen.
50. Original War
An American geological expedition, under a UN mandate, assesses the natural resources in a distant part of Siberia, deep in the trackless steppes of Eastern Russia. But instead of oil, they discover a deposit of a hitherto unknown mineral.
American scientists working for Department of Defense find out that this mineral is in fact identical to the substance used to power an extraterrestrial artifact in their possession. This object is called the EON (Extraterrestrial Object Nexus).
It was found in 1919 by Colonel Emerson near the site of the Tunguska explosion. Emerson was the commander of a US military unit in charge of transporting US war supplies from the city of Vladivostok to the Eastern front during World War I.
DoD Experiments have shown that items placed in the capsule are transported hundreds of thousands of years back in time. The American scientists were not able to understand its construction, nor could they manage to synthesize its fuel. Eventually, the machine - classified Top Secret - was stored, pending further advances in human science.