Trying to find games like 8-Bit Adventures: The Forgotten Journey Remastered Edition? Try these 32 great games that are similar to 8-Bit Adventures: The Forgotten Journey Remastered Edition, but stand out in their own awesome ways. This is a comprehensive list of best games like 8-Bit Adventures: The Forgotten Journey Remastered Edition that have been tried, tested and recommended.
The best games like 8-Bit Adventures: The Forgotten Journey Remastered Edition are:
- arrow_rightPapers, Please
- arrow_rightBaba Is You
- arrow_rightHidden Folks
- arrow_rightCook, Serve, Delicious! 2!!
- arrow_rightSteam Marines
- arrow_rightYou Must Build A Boat
32 Best Games Like 8-Bit Adventures: The Forgotten Journey Remastered Edition:
Filter by Platform Linuxarrow_drop_down
- PC (100)
- Xbox One (7)
- PlayStation 4 (20)
- iOS (25)
- Android (11)
- macOS (59)
- Linux (45)
- Nintendo Switch (14)
- Nintendo 3DS (8)
- Nintendo DS (1)
- Xbox 360 (4)
- Xbox (1)
- PlayStation 3 (4)
- PlayStation (1)
- PS Vita (6)
- PSP (1)
- Wii U (5)
- Wii (6)
- Nintendo 64 (1)
- Game Boy Advance (2)
- Game Boy Color (2)
- Game Boy (3)
- SNES (4)
- NES (10)
- Classic Macintosh (3)
- Apple II (5)
- Commodore / Amiga (23)
- Atari 7800 (1)
- Atari 5200 (2)
- Atari 2600 (2)
- Atari Flashback (1)
- Atari 8-bit (3)
- Atari ST (8)
- Atari Lynx (1)
- Genesis (4)
- SEGA Master System (1)
- Game Gear (2)
- Web (1)
1. Papers, Please
The creator of the game often travelled through Asia and made the observation that the work of an immigration officer checking documents for entry is simultaneously very monotonous and very responsible. The game reproduces this work - but scammers and unusual situations occur in it much more often than in reality. The task of the player-officer is not to make a mistake, not to let an unwanted guest into the country. He has power, directories, translucent devices, etc., but experienced masters of deception and fraud act against him. The task of the player is complicated by the fact that his country is like all the paranoid dictatorships at the same time. This country fears a lot, seeks to control everything and periodically generates various rules. The game has a lot of humour, a lot of exciting puzzles and unexpected twists, including shooting. The visual and musical design of the game reflects the bizarre world of stupid rules, constant fear and mutual distrust.
Factorio is an isometric space real-time strategy developed by Wube Software.
An astronaut is stranded on the surface of a distant unknown planet, that is full with low life forms and fossil fuels. His main objective now is to survive and build a rocket to leave the planet. Luckily, the main character has a scientific background, hence why he can build any machinery from steam engines to exoskeletons, power grids, and oil plants. The planet's inhabitants start to think that they got infected by the astronaut and try to eliminate the threat as soon as possible.
The player controls only one character that can move around the map freely by walking at first and using vehicles later into the game. The unknown planet that the players explore is rich with oil, minerals, water, and other fauna.
The player controlled character can mine the resources by himself and the tools that can be crafted or by building specific mining equipment. The latter will be much more effective. The same thing goes for resource processing and other stages of item development as from the game's beginning, the players can't keep up with all the things they have to do simultaneously.
The game features a Tower Defence aspect, as the planet's inhabitants set out to kill the player and eliminate the cause of damage to their planet. The players have to build a sophisticated defense network of turrets and mines to protect themselves.
3. Baba Is You
Baba Is You is a puzzle game where you can change the rules by which you play. In every level, the rules themselves are lying as blocks you can interact with; by manipulating them, you can change how the level works and cause surprising, unexpected interactions! With some simple block-pushing you can turn yourself into a rock, turn patches of grass into dangerously hot obstacles, and even change the goal you need to reach to something entirely different.
The game has over 100 levels that experiment with the game's mechanics in a multitude of ways, requiring the player to understand and manipulate the rules of the game and figure out devious ways to make the objects in the game world interact. The game will also feater a level editor for making your own levels and campaigns.
The game was originally created for & won the Nordic Game Jam 2017. The event had 142 entries in total. The game was made using Multimedia Fusion 2 by Clickteam.
4. Hidden Folks
Search for hidden folks in hand-drawn, interactive, miniature landscapes. Unfurl tent flaps, cut through bushes, slam doors, and poke some crocodiles! Rooooaaaarrrr!!!!!
A strip of targets shows you what to look for. Click on a target for a hint, and find enough to unlock the next area.
In case you like numbers a lot:
- 17+ hand-drawn areas
- 155+ targets to find
- 1100+ mouth-originated sound effects
- 250+ unique interactions
- 3 color modes: normal, sepia, and night mode
- 1 Steam Cloud
- 5 Achievements
- 8 Steam Trading Cards
- 22 languages (translated by the community)
More areas and features to come!
Resist or Embrace
Sundered is a horrifying fight for survival and sanity, a hand-drawn epic from the creators of Jotun. It is a replayable metroidvania where you resist or embrace ancient eldritch powers. You play Eshe, a wanderer in a ruined world, trapped in ever-changing caverns filled with hordes of terrifying enemies. Harness the power of corrupted relics to defeat gigantic bosses, at the cost of your humanity. Resist or embrace.Key Features
Beautiful hand-drawn art and animation
Terrifyingly epic boss fights
Unique abilities that may be powerfully corrupted… at a cost
Hundreds of upgrades and multiple character builds
Dynamic encounters against hordes of enemies
A mix of hand-crafted & procedural levels
Multiple endings and over 15 hours of gameplay
Delve into a procedurally generated dungeon at the heart of a beautiful hand-drawn world. Classic Metroidvania elements such as backtracking, secrets and unlocking new abilities that open new regions are at the core of the exploration experience.
Confront hordes of dynamically spawned eldritch monsters. Put your skills and reflexes to the test through furious melee combat and epic boss fights against uniquely designed enemies. All monster spawns are dynamic, constantly keeping you on your toes.
Designed as a challenging adventure for seasoned gamers, frequent deaths are part of the Sundered experience. But taking our inspiration from our favorite rogue-like games, death in Sundered is only the beginning.
When you die, you respawn in the Hub, where you level up and customize your character. Equip and upgrade a host of unique Perks, stats and special Abilities hidden throughout the world.
6. Cook, Serve, Delicious! 2!!
Cook, Serve, Delicious! 2!! is the massive sequel to the surprise best selling original, one of the few games that gives players complete control on how they want to build their restaurant.
The game starts like any other morning at SherriSoda Tower as you take the elevator up to open Cook, Serve, Delicious!, a platinum star restaurant that was surging in popularity thanks to your amazing chef and management skills. Just then, a swarm of police surround SherriSoda Tower. It seems the SherriSoda head executives were secretly stealing funds from the company at the same time they were incurring a staggering amount of debt, draining the accounts of the tower and several of the businesses inside of it, including CSD. Just like that, the tower was closed and put up for federal auction, including everything inside of it. It was all over… the Cook, Serve, Delicious! restaurant was no more.
Angry but determined to rebuild, you’ve scrounged up all of your personal life’s savings and bought commercial space inside the Teragon Supertower, the largest skyscraper in the city. It’s here that you will start a brand new Cook, Serve, Delicious! restaurant, build it back to its former glory, and rebuild your legacy as the best chef in the world.
- A 60+ hour experience as you build your restaurant from a roach infested eatery to a World Class Platinum Star experience by either running your own restaurant or branching out as a chef for hire, where you take jobs within the tower and various restaurants as you gain experience with the large array of foods, which spans 400 levels across 33 restaurants!
- Several modes including Classic Mode that brings back the classic gameplay of the original, Stress mode that instantly rockets the difficulty to the highest setting, and Zen mode, which allows you to take it easy and relaxes many of the stressful elements to provide an easy day of cooking.
- All new gameplay features and additions, with a greater flexibility of difficulty for those who like it casual or insanely difficult.
- Over 200 foods, sides, drinks and desserts to choose from, a staggering increase from the 30 foods in the original game.
- New local co-op mode! The all new split screen co-op feature allows you to play through the entire game with two players, with the ability for players to drop in and out during your progress within the game.
- Tons of lore including an email system with over 600 emails, unlockable secrets, and tons more!
- Unlock over 1,200 restaurant objects and design your restaurant however you'd like with the Designer mode.
- All new 1080p native/60fps code.
7. Steam Marines
Steam Marines is a squad based Roguelike set on a steampunk spaceship. It features tactical play focused on positioning and careful use of resources. Built to keep you on your toes as you progress through the decks of your besieged ship while clearing enemies and trying to reach each level's elevator.
Build your marines up into long range or up close death machines, but don't expect any mercy. Death is permanent and fallen marines are gone forever. Finding survivors not guaranteed.
Turn and Squad Based Gameplay
Command up to four marines, each with their own gear, talents, and Action Points. Positioning is critical - even a lone enemy can be lethal! Sight and snipe or funnel enemies into a choke point and blow them up!
- Five marine classes - long range death, shotgun knockback, grenade launchers, all to help the squad
- Four ranks for promotion and talent tree access
- Five perks to further differentiate each marine
- Exoskeleton suits stripped from the hulks of dead enemies - flamethrowers and face punching
- Deck bosses that will challenge you but do not negate the tactics you have learned (no "immunities"!)
The steampunk spaceship is composed of multiple decks you must progress through. Different environments and creatures await, and you'll never know for sure what lies beyond the next corner.
- Five human ship decks with a sixth Alien Deck
- Procedural decks with destructible walls, high/low ground, and tactical variations
- Randomized weapons, armor, and enemy units
Score, Difficulty, and New Game Plus
Get rated on your overall performance. Manage to fight your way past 30 levels of mayhem? New Game Plus offers fresh challenges. Four levels of difficulty with one being for the truly masochistic!
8. You Must Build A Boat
You must build a boat.
You must spring out of bed.
You must bargain with the lizardman.
You must heed your undead navigators.
You must slide rows or columns of tiles on a 6x8 grid.
You must match at least 3.
You must run to the right.
You must focus intently on 2 areas of the screen simultaneously.
You must match keys to unlock chests and swords to attack.
You must literally collect your thoughts and trade them for dragons.
You must not dally.
You must not be too hasty.
You must voluntarily ramp up the difficulty by taking on multiple quests at once.
You must incrementally reach your goals. You must build a boat.
You must try again.
You must try again x5.
You must win every time, even when you don’t.
You must remain optimistic.
You must upgrade your magic staff.
You must occasionally stop playing to allow for your hand to uncramp.
You must take credit for random chain combos you made no effort to arrange.
You must trust a blue bean man to make dangerous investments with your money.
You must forget about the blue bean man.
You must mind the asp.
You must reconcile that despite the game’s title, you begin your journey in possession of what is, in no uncertain terms, already a boat.
You must build a boat.
You must go all-in on the retro aesthetic.
You must trade junk for gold with the voidorb.
You must pray for salt.
You must consume fish and tomatoes for time.
You must venture through hell.
You must disarm traps like your life depends on it.
You must make an offering at the chapel.
You must rally the Fantasy Union and the Undead Buddies to your cause.
You must weigh anchor and methodically yet joyously hop in sync with your entire crew.
You must feign interest in critiquing the gardener’s work.
You must look up at the clock and wonder how it’s so late already.
You must build a boat.
You must build a boat!
YOU MUST BUILD A BOAT!!!
10000000 is a Dungeon Crawling RPG Matching Game. Run the dungeon and match to handle the things you encounter
“This game is so good it makes me want to cry” - Eli Hodapp – Editor In Chief – TouchArcade
“This is one of my favorite iOS games in a long time. Buy it. Love it. Pass it on.” - Ben Kuchera – Penny Arcade Report
“Freedom costs 10 million. I’m half-hoping I never make it” - Mike Fahey – Kotaku
“Mashes together two of the most interesting genres of the last years: the puzzle RPG and infinite runner. And it’s damned good.” - Owen Faraday – Pocket Tactics
Upgrade your castle, improve your gear, train skills and brew potions
Can you score 10000000 and earn your freedom?
• Kill monsters and find loot
•Improve your gear and train skills
• Find wood and stone to improve your castle
Test your skill
• More than 60 objectives to complete
• Over 20 different monster types to fight
• Find items and use them effectively
• Fast paced action gameplay
• Retro graphics
• Old school music
"I played this for like 8 hours, it's a fantastic little game."
"I got sucked into this more than I expected"
"Adds so much to the genre, What a great game!"
10. Nyan Cat: Lost In Space
** Official Nyan Cat Game **
Play with the most celebrated flying cat in human history. Drink milk, eat ice-cream, collect coins, buy gorgeous boosts, fly like a superhero (sorry... supercat), jump onto platforms made of cake, avoid angry dogs, and discover the infinite space. And that's not all, you can choose from multiple game modes, where you can play with Nyan Cat's evil foe Tac Nayn, learn to fly on different planets with Nyan Wings or visit parallel universes. If you're tired, you can even train and feed your own Nyanagotchi. Oh, and last but not least: you can enjoy the wonderful Nyan-song as many times as you want! All this funky stuff can't be missed.
Features for Humans:
- Tasty COLLECTABLES (energy drinks, donuts and more)
- Crazy POWERUPS (rockets, bubbles and more)
- Freaky POWERDOWNS (dynamites, flashlights and more)
- Evil ENEMIES (dogs, UFOs and more)
- Leaderboards & ACHIEVEMENTS
- Stunning boost ITEMS (score multiplier, shield and more)
- 5 GAME MODES, including Nyan Wings
- NYAN EDITOR!
- NYANAGOTCHI room: keep your Nyan happy to earn gifts! The happier he is the quicker you get your prize.
- Different background THEMES (Halloween, Xmas and more)
- Different forms of NYAN CAT (Supernyan, Zombienyan, and more)
- TAC NAYN
- Nyan nyan nyan nyan NYAN nyan (nyan, nyan and more)
Features for Nyans:
- Nyan nyan nyan nyan POWERUPS nyan nyan nyan ACHIEVEMENTS nyan nyan SUPERNYAN nyan ONLINE HIGH SCORES nyan nyan nyan BEAUTIFUL PIXEL ART nyan nyan nyan
11. Princess Remedy In A Heap of Trouble
An enormous Boss Tower has sprung from the ground, lifting entire towns up with it. People got used to it and kept living on the tower, but they’re starting to contract all sorts of mysterious illnesses. Princess Remedy, still in Saturnian healing school, must use her powers to heal everyone and defeat the Boss Tower!
The theme of love is back, and this time Remedy can date anyone she's healed to have them accompany her on her travels. Each companion offers a different ability in Healing Mode, such as Dash, Homing shots and Injection.
More bosses! More secrets! A dance ball! In A Heap of Trouble is the prequel to the critically acclaimed Princess Remedy In A World of Hurt (98% positive rating here on Steam). Still unsure? Play the first Princess Remedy for free:
12. Sunrider: Liberation Day - Captain's Edition
Sunrider Liberation Day is a turn based tactics game with deep storyline segments where you are Captain Kayto Shields of the starship Sunrider and must lead your squad of mecha pilots to victory.
Combining an edge of your seat story from the best mecha animes with ruthless gameplay where every mistake is punished and every victory feels like a triumph, Sunrider Liberation Day is a must play for fans of Japanese tactics RPGs and anime.
-Command the prototype starship Sunrider and her squadron of mechas in brutal battles for survival
-Intense story where one of your beloved crew members is a spy
-Vastly improved art and gameplay mechanics from Sunrider Mask of Arcadius
-Full voice acting in Japanese for the entire main cast
Note: It is highly recommended that you play Sunrider Mask of Arcadius (for free!) before playing Sunrider Liberation Day.
13. Pixel Heroes: Byte & Magic
„Listen! The end is nigh!! Hear my words and prepare! An ancient cult has set foot in our lands! They call themselves -The Sons of Dawn- and pray to some dark elder god. They have started recruiting people for their cause all over the country. I fear that they want to try to awaken something which should be left sleeping. Something dangerous and sinister! Something that might destroy us all. Spend your last of days wisely...“
Enter the world of PIXEL HEROES and prepare yourself for a thrilling RPG/Roguelike experience like you have never seen before!
Explore a randomized world full of hilarious events, deadly dungeons and the weirdest NPCs you will ever meet in a game!
Choose three heroes for your party and take them on a journey that will be completely different each time you start a new game. Bath in a pool of procedurally generated loot and defeat the evil forces that threaten the township of Pixton!
- 30 unique hero classes to unlock, each with individual skills and attributes.
- More procedurally generated axes, spears, maces, swords, shields, bows, crossbows, spells and prayers than a lama has hair on its body.
- 13 mystic and beautifully cruel dungeons to explore. With epic bossfights waiting!
- 3 campaigns to unlock, each with its own final dungeon and boss.
- Permadeath! You know you want it.
- A detailed graveyard where you can mourn your dead heroes, compare their statistics and see which of their choices led to their tragic death.
- Completely crazy NPCs, each one of them with a significant storyline that you can follow to unlock cool stuff!
- Tons of random events that you will encounter on your way, expecting you to make important choices. Will you yell at the cat like a crazy idiot?
- Many achievements and unlockables, try to get them all and become the most badass Pixel Heroes player in the world!
14. Fallen: A2P Protocol
In a World saved and destroyed by a new energy source, a quest for revenge will unveil the deepest secret on how it all began to fall apart.
- Deep turn based tactical combat: Old school Action Points system, Looting within missions, melee combat and dozens of weapons to choose from and more.
- Limited ammo and resources: Make every round count and think twice before your shooting spread.
- Destroyable environment: Destroy cover, walls, cars, graves, barrels and more and make your own paths, or why not kill an enemy that was passing by.
- Rich story and dialogues: Linear story with voice over actors. Complete the Main Quests to finish the Story or do some side missions in between, your choice.
- RPG Character progression and skills:: Customize your characters with 20 active and passive skills to choose from, master each weapon type by using it.
- Adapt to changing events and weather conditions: Adapt to different weather conditions on the battlefield and overcome the penalties to win the mission.
Siralim is a deep RPG with light roguelike elements that allows you to summon and customize hundreds of creatures to fight in strategic battle. Fight your way through randomly generated dungeons and complete randomized quests. Find rare treasure and use it to upgrade your castle, empower your creatures, craft powerful artifacts, learn new spells, and much more.Features
- Randomly generated dungeons and quests - no two dungeons are alike!
- Capture and summon over 300 unique creatures to fight for you. Each creature has its own unique abilities which directly affect the way you play the game.
- Cast over 100 powerful spells to turn the tide of battle.
- Fight in challenging battles that reward thoughtful strategy rather than mindless button mashing.
- Upgrade your castle to add new rooms, to unlock new creatures, and to entice new citizens to live in your kingdom.
- Craft and enchant equipment to augment your creatures' power or to grant them new abilities. There are over 500 different crafting materials to collect and use.
- Create eggs that will someday hatch into extremely powerful creatures.
- Fight in your kingdom's battle arena for fame, fortune, and glory.
- Infinite playability. There is no level cap, no restrictions, and the game never ends. Want to play until your character is level 937? Go for it.
- A roguelike overworld where you can see your enemies approaching before battle begins.
- Ever-expanding: we frequently release major content patches that give you access to new creatures, items, and other things to do.
16. Mad Dojo
Take a role of wannabe ninja who has to prove himself against various obstacles in Mad Dojo, led by tough and demanding Sensei. Beat the time in this fast-paced action game, and survive until Sensei hits that gong!
Mad Dojo is an obstacle based skill platformer. You have to run, jump, wall jump and shoot in order to successfully pass each obstacle and trap. The obstacles include standard platforms, bamboo poles, seesaws, hanging tires and many more, while traps include spikes, acid, dynamite barrels and various dummies that will shoot stuff at you.Features
- Procedurally Generated levels mode
- Fast Paced Action
- Use the combination of running, jumping and using weapons to pass the obstacles
- Skill platformer with more than one way to pass each obstacle
- Bloody traps
- Original soundtrack
- Many levels
17. Big Journey to Home
Welcome to the world of adventures!
You play as Jake, a simple guy who accidently got into trouble. What will happen to him, how he will behave, will he get home or not, all that depends on you. You will encounter a variety of creatures along your way, from roaches to huge scorpions, lizards and even small hamsters! Apart from living beings, you will see a variety of complex mechanisms. To overcome snow, forests, deserts and underground areas, you will require a good weapon. Though you already have that - a well-sharpened blade that will slice (almost) every monster.
The game requires you to plan every step, so that monsters won't have you for dinner. However, if you stand still, the monsters won't touch you. The "Hardcore" mode won't let you sleep, though, it will require your full attention.
If a friend of yours keeps bothering you, you can play a separate story about Jake and his brother together. You can walk through the same far-away places and see the same monsters, however, they will behave differently. If your friend gets lost, you will be able to show him where to go using the built-in chat and marker.
The game has an achievement system - try to unlock them all! If you want to stay in this unusual world, you can extend the fun with usermade levels that people just like you can build. Thanks to the convenient level download system, you won't be leaving the game for a long time.
A brief history of development
The game was developed for the duration of five years, gradually improving. Different people contributed to the game and the development team changed over time. Some people worked on level design, some others did art. As of right now, the game has only one developer left: Vyacheslav "Silver Sword" Mironov. I have started this game and I have led it to its release.
Key features of the game
- Learn how Jake ended up in the forest and help him back home
- Travel through dark forests, undergrounds, cold ice caves and hot deserts!
- Solve unique puzzles destroying wile monsters along your way!
- Play co-op with a friend! Learn how fun it is to solve puzzles together.
- Prove that you are the best! Leaderboards, achievements and a special difficulty setting will help you in this.
- Create your own puzzles using a built-in level editor and share them with the world.
Note: To use online functionality of the game, you require a BJtH-Online account.You can create one from the game, and it is completely free.
18. Rock Boshers DX: Directors Cut
Get ready to take a trip back to the 80s, the 1880s!
Help young Queen Victoria fight her way across Mars and attempt to escape home in this exceedingly retro arcade adventure!
Created to look, feel and sound like an 8-bit styled videogame from the 1980s - Rock Boshers DX: Director’s Cut mixes top down and side on 8-way directional shooting action.
See amazing sights as you journey across Mars. Prepare to bosh rocks! - with only the occasional break for tea and scones.
RBDX is a 2D pixel drawn arcade action game, created as if made on an 8bit hardware (choose from either NES or ZX Spectrum visuals), but modernised with widescreen formatting, HD rendering and of course - no colour clash!
Authentic 8bit loading sounds and borders art!
Soldiers, zombies, giant bugs, tanks and more all try to block your progress.
Leaderboards to compete on and achievements to obtain.
Weapons to collect to help you escape the levels, such as Coal Rockets and Steam Lasers.
Hidden snacks to collect to unlock bonus arcade games.
4k and above rendering on PCs with the correct hardware/display.
Yes you can collect snacks hidden throughout the levels to unlock bonus arcade games such as:
- sees you chasing down a giant lump of Cheddar.
- is a mini spinoff from the DX version, where you must protect a milk pipeline under the sea.
- places you in the shadow of some ancient Martian pyramid as you dash to collect gems.
- lets you take to the stars in your very own space ship.
Which other retro action game which lets you play as Queen Victoria, through a small chunk of 100% accurate history from an alternate universe? :D
You even get to meet Charles Darwin!
19. To The Capital
To The Capital is roguelike game with battles as in old jRPG in a medieval setting with pretty graphics.Features
- Combination of Roguelike and jRPG!
- Generated world!
- Pretty graphics!
- Great soundtrack!
- Fights, upgrade and trade!
- Improved weapons and armor!
- Dungeons, monsters, golds and loot!
You are a messenger with the southern border are sent to the capital to deliver a message to the king of traitors in the Council, eager to overthrow the current government.
Found out about the sent messenger, the Council began to send out the announcement of the reward for Your head.
Your objective is that would reach the capital in the North and to give the king a message about traitors.
Categories in common with To The Capital: Role Playing
20. Ananias Roguelike
Explore five different worlds, fight their monstrous inhabitants and try to survive and find an ancient artifact to save the world from destruction.
For every game session, the game will create new environments full of challenges and surprises, populated with monsters and ancient magical artifacts.
There are eight different player classes, each one designed with a unique playing style. Some of them are combat-focused, others have access to magic spells in 4 different schools of magic while others must rely on their special martial skills to survive.
As you advance through the game, you will find over 40 different types of monsters with distinct skills and abilities, you will be able to charm them using magic spells and make them join your quest. By using some of the ancient magic found in the dungeon, you can unlock more advanced forms of their powers and skills.
The game keeps track of your adventures on its online server, sharing the in-game events with your friends in real time, maintaining a leaderboard of the most successful heroes as well as a graveyard of memorable characters which you can share in social media.
Ananias is a classic turn-based "roguelike" adapted for modern media, it removes the cumbersome movement and complex commands while keeping all the features from the genre that make the games fun and enjoyable: turn-based combat, random level generation, and long term item strategy. These are among the things that make every adventure into the game unforgettable.
21. Ground Breakers
Dominate the world with your robot army, research new robots and customize their abilities!
- The game features both a single player campaign and multiplayer matches.
- Test your wits in traditional tactical matches featuring over 15 types of different robots and a wide selection of skills to play with. More to come!
- Wreak havoc while flexibly adapting to the 5+ types of ever-changing battlegrounds.
- Position your robots, capture important points, exploit high ground, protect the fortress, make sure the key robot survives, and so on...
- Tweak and customize your robots using chips. Collect chips of different shapes, and arrange them in the best way possible to maximize your robot's abilities.
- Expand your robot army by destroying the enemy's robots, and win parts to craft new robots with. Each robot is the result of a different recipe, and what parts you will actually get is a matter of pure luck.
- Compete against other players in online battles and climb the leaderboards.
- Expand your army, mostly through sheer force, but also via diplomacy and the accumulation of riches.
- Fight your way though the non-linear world domination campaign; face opponents with far superior equipment.
Win the match, craft a new robot, upgrade it, and dominate the world one region at a time. Good luck on your mission!
22. Warlock's Citadel
A fiendish warlock has kidnapped the princess, countless legions of darkness have invaded the kingdom, and you're the only one strong enough to defeat the forces of evil. Fight your way through dungeons littered with dangerous traps, equip your character, learn various skills and spells, defeat hordes of monsters, and save the kingdom from ruin.
The Warlock’s Citadel is a turn-based game in which the player control a single character. The game features a logical and easy-to-understand character-development system that still allows you to develop your own unique playstyle. The monsters you face, which have various modes of behavior and abilities, will frequently drive you into a corner and force you to think carefully and develop a successful strategy in order to extricate yourself from a difficult situation. Character stats are evenly balanced and influence your playstyle.
Dungeons are randomly generated each time you start a new game. The level map, items, monsters — every aspect of your in-game surroundings changes, creating the potential for unlimited replay ability. You’ll encounter unique bosses and a horde of tough monsters. In addition to the four base classes, over ten mixed character classes with their own stats and skillsets can be unlocked. The game features a wide variety of weapons and armor that can have various magical characteristics, as well as unique items. You can also collect item sets called “garbs” that provide you with new possibilities.
- The citadel's dungeons are randomly generated for each new playthrough.
- Four base classes: warrior, rogue, mage, and cleric, each of which has its own playstyle. Over ten unlockable mixed classes.
- An original RPG system with over 30 skills and spells.
- A rage meter that is required for certain special skills.
- Each monster has its own unique behavior, skills, and spells.
- Varied mazes full of traps that can change the flow of the game.
- A mix of exciting adventure and turn-based tactical combat.
- Item sets; cursed and unique items.
- An amazing art style
23. You Doesn't Exist
Set out on an adventure that challenges all the codes of the RPG genre, toying with its boundaries to create something unlike anything you've ever seen.
In a world full of magic and adventure, a young boy starts his apprenticeship to become a knight, protector of the Kingdom.
He will face many challenges along the way, but overcoming them will allow him to grow into the hero the world needs.
Join him in his quest to find himself, as his steps guide him towards something way bigger than him: the mystery surrounding the very nature of mankind and the fabric of reality itself.
Categories in common with You Doesn't Exist: Role Playing
Become a kemonomimi and thrive in this action RPG! See a constructive world from a new perspective. Customize, battle, and grow with deep action RPG elements. Play through a story or explore with friends. Search for lost knowledge and rare material to craft powerful equipment. Challenge the powerful enemies waiting for you deep inside the dungeons. Invite NPC citizens to join your cave or village. Discover your inner beast and realize your full potential!
LandTraveller is a hybrid between a traditional action RPG and a modern indie sandbox combining interesting randomized environments with hand crafted world building. With different modes of play and online multiplayer, there's lots to explore.
25. The King's Request: Physiology and Anatomy Revision Game
Are you studying Physiology or Anatomy or interested in the human body, science, biology, medicine, biomedicine, biomedical science, nursing, pharmacy, health or exercise science? This short adventure game will help you work through questions surrounding some of the major concepts in physiology, anatomy and the study of the human body. There's no negative if you get a question wrong - so answer the call and save the kingdom!! It's completely free, with no adds or anything else... so jump in and give the game a go!
After you play the game: to learn more anatomy & Physiology, or see some great content on health, the human body and disease, subscribe to my YouTube Channel: Physiology with Dr Christian for more FREE learning content! Click "Visit the website" on the right sidebar for quick access!
Features within the game:
- Adventure RPG with a questline to save the castle and help the king
- Battles use your knowledge of Physiology, Anatomy, Biology and Health Sciences to defeat the bosses
- Engaging virtual world with nearly all features, items and components interactive
- Gold system: Find gold, uncover treasure, explore the map and use the currency within the in-game shop
- Walk, run, or take a boat out to the open ocean as you reach all corners of the kingdom
- Hidden bosses, secrets and fun things to uncover throughout
- Sassy, silly humorous encounters, characters and events
- All questions and content fully approved and curated by scientists, clinicians, and medical educators
- A unique method to revise and understand human physiology and anatomy
- TOTALLY FREE! No adds, no costs, yours to experience - it's a short adventure game and you may learn something - why not have a go!!
I developed this small game to encourage anyone interested in a range of health sciences or medicine courses to revise content covered in Physiology and Anatomy (~Year 1 uni level) - but will be relevant to anyone learning about the human body. It's also an experiment in gamifying content and making more educational resources available online. If the community finds this useful, I'd love to produce more of these types of resources, in a range of subjects with no cost ever: They'll always be free to install, share and use. Let me know in the reviews if gamifying learning content and revision questions in this way is something that you think may have potential. Thanks for playing!!!
"I'm done revising.. how can I LEARN new stuff?!?!" Well...additional FREE physiology and anatomy video content is covered on my YouTube channel: "Physiology with Dr Christian": - Check it out by clicking "Visit the website" on the right sidebar.
PS: I'm on Instagram too - visit and say hi: @physiologywithchristian
26. Idle Civilization
Enter the vast lands of Communia, the magical planet that goes on forever. Or at least it looks that way. Several hundred colonies later people still have reported absolutely no end in sight and no familiar sights whatsoever. Goes without saying that it's an easy job to find an hitherto uninhabited place and claim it as your own. So take command of a pair of villagers, help them build and grow and expand your village...until it turns into a town, a duchy, a kingdom. When that becomes unsatisfactory, turn your kingdom into an empire, conquer your smaller neighbors, trade with your bigger neighbors, raid and explore, send heroes on missions and grow, grow, grow!So what is this?
Much like the title says, the game has its roots in the "idle" genre and indeed it was such when it first started out. But it has evolved into so much more that, in the current incarnation, I can proudly say it's a full-fledged civilization builder.
Idle Civilization offers depth and complexity that most idle games do not. Yes, you will see big numbers, yes, you will only go upwards and rarely downward, yes you will have a prestige system and other classic elements, but you will have so much more to manage and entertain yourself with than in your average game in the genre.Alright, so what should we look forward to?
- over 30 buildings
- over 60 researches
- 6 deities to worship with unique powers
- a randomized map full of towns and villages to conquer on each colony
- ruins to explore in search of ancient magical fragments
- mighty heroes to send on epic adventures to gain loot and glory
- unique wonders of the world
- diplomacy and cultural events
- random events
- lots of achievements
- a compelling colony system
- offline progress
- and more... (there's always more and more)So what this game isn't
This game isn't something like Sid Meier's Civilization. This is a management game where you oversee your civilization from various panels and buttons and sliders and commands. Well I guess you can see that from the screenshots and videos but it doesn't hurt to state it again.And who are you?
I'm a fledgling developer from Romania, working on this project mostly alone (with help from a dear writer friend for the lore, game newspaper and quest texts/direction) and hoping to bring you something that you will enjoy for hours upon hours. Others have!Wait, others have already enjoyed this?
Yes, I've been working on this game since early 2015 and the game started out as a browser game and it's currently enjoyed over 500,000 plays. You can still play it on Kongregate but the Steam version will have features, wonders, areas and generally content that the web version will not have going forward. I feel the game has matured enough so that it can be considered a full (albeit small) indie game that deserves a PC release. If you feel the same way, please vote for it. If you don't like it, please let me know what exactly you would like to see or what bothers you.
I'm always available for inquiries through the discussion thread or through email at [email protected]
27. To The Capital 2
To The Capital 2 is a game in the genre jRPG with classic turn-based battles in which you have to travel together with four heroes visiting a lot of cities, dungeons, mysterious places and fight with various bosses.Storyline
Preventing the overthrow of the current authorities and getting to the capital, Luis receives a task from the king to find fugitive participants in the failed coup.
Together with Ralph, Bernard and Amelia joined on the orders of the command, they start a journey.
28. Ohio Jack and The Cup Of Eternity
InfiniTrap is a fast paced puzzle game for hardcore players. The game contains 40 levels and is available on Windows, OSX and Linux.
Every level starts with the player character standing on the start tile. The start tile is perfectly safe-- No, trust me. It's safe. Once you leave the start tile, you have a limited time to reach the treasure before the level crushes you. To complicate things, each level will include a number of obstacles to waste your time and possibly kill you. You can make your own levels!FEATURES
- 40 challenging levels.
- Blood and gore can be disabled.
- Full gamepad support.
- A full-featured level editor.
- Custom levels support.
- Supported languages: English, French, German, Spanish, Russian, Japanese, Portuguese
29. StopTime Drive
StopTime Drive is a unique turn-based racing puzzle game that combines arcade racing with a top-down view and an opportunity to think over each move. A slightly oldschool and hardcore, with the original mechanics and different ways for passing!
The player controls the car, which has many obstacles along the way from other cars and repair pits. Mad scientists from the organisation StopTime stopped time on the track and gave player's car the ability to instantly move in space. They placed in the way a lot of power-ups so these tracks can be completed.
Three ways of play - fast passage, collection of coins and collection of atoms.
The mechanics in the game are a little hard for beginners, but eventually you can get used to it and get the most hardcore achievements!
- 16 main levels
- 9 short levels
- 3 types of power-ups
- 3 ways of play for medals
- Turn-based racing
- A dynamic puzzle game
- Original mechanics
- Hardcore rules
- Pleasant music and atmosphere
- Different variants for passing
- Easter eggs
30. Bard to the Future
Bard to the Future is a side scrolling 2D platformer which follows a medieval battlebard as he finds a time machine, meets two LARPers and ends up in a race against a time travelling cyborg pirate to discover a lost treasure.
Players will have to jump and powerslide through several time periods to complete the journey. Each time period brings new environmental factors, unique enemies and varying difficulty - from the slippery grounds of the Ice Age to the resurrected mummies of Ancient Egypt.
Enjoy Bard to the Future's unique sound track, immersive story and lovable characters in a comical Story Mode adventure - or try a speedy play-through in Time Trial mode.Features
- Story Mode - spanning 7 time periods and 26 levels!
- Time Trial Mode across all levels!
- Challenging Boss fights!
- Steam Cloud Save
- Original Soundtrack and voice work!
31. Hatch and Slay
Hatch & Slay is a simple 2D hack & slay survival game located in a tropical environment. It’s about the initiation ceremony of a freshly hatched Varaz - a humanoid lizard race - who has to fight his way out of the dangerous jungle.
The controls are very easy to use. Through clicking you can either move the character on the screen or attack incoming enemies. In addition to that there are also four skills with a cooldown assisting you in battle. The goal is, obviously, to survive and to maximize your score.The Game Is Developed With Unity 3d.____________________________________________________________________
The character is a joung Varaz - a humanoid lizard race. He just hatched in the jungle and then has to fight his way out. In the beginning he has just a bone for his defense. During the game he can collect new blunt weapons and some kind of primitive armor.the SkillsThere are four skills assisting the character in battle. The skills can be activated by pressing the correspondent buttons or by hitting the hotkey on the keyboard (1-4).
Slice and Dice
The character lashes about and does some serious damage to all the enemies close to him.
The character screams so loudly, that all enemies on the screen get afraid and are paralyzed for a short moment.
The character gets in touch with his primal instincts and focuses his mind on inner healing for a short time. This regenerates his health.
The character jumps up and when coming down smashes his weapon so hard on the ground, that every enemie on the screen is killed.____________________________________________________________________
Hatch & Slay has much to offer:
- a fast-paced, action-driven gameplay
- funny comic violence
- a fantastic overview map showing the different levels
- 10 different levels located in a jungle environment
- an endless level with online ranking
- 6 different types of enemies
- one boss type enemy
- unlockable weapons and armor for the character
- customization options for the character
- all in beautifully handcrafted 2D graphics