Trying to find games like 8-Bit Adventures: The Forgotten Journey Remastered Edition? Try these 100 great games that are similar to 8-Bit Adventures: The Forgotten Journey Remastered Edition, but stand out in their own awesome ways. This is a comprehensive list of best games like 8-Bit Adventures: The Forgotten Journey Remastered Edition that have been tried, tested and recommended.
The best games like 8-Bit Adventures: The Forgotten Journey Remastered Edition are:
- arrow_rightPapers, Please
- arrow_rightBaba Is You
- arrow_rightHidden Folks
- arrow_rightDragon Fin Soup
- arrow_rightCook, Serve, Delicious! 2!!
100 Best Games Like 8-Bit Adventures: The Forgotten Journey Remastered Edition:
Filter by Platform Select a Platformarrow_drop_down
- PC (100)
- Xbox One (7)
- PlayStation 4 (20)
- iOS (25)
- Android (11)
- macOS (59)
- Linux (45)
- Nintendo Switch (14)
- Nintendo 3DS (8)
- Nintendo DS (1)
- Xbox 360 (4)
- Xbox (1)
- PlayStation 3 (4)
- PlayStation (1)
- PS Vita (6)
- PSP (1)
- Wii U (5)
- Wii (6)
- Nintendo 64 (1)
- Game Boy Advance (2)
- Game Boy Color (2)
- Game Boy (3)
- SNES (4)
- NES (10)
- Classic Macintosh (3)
- Apple II (5)
- Commodore / Amiga (23)
- Atari 7800 (1)
- Atari 5200 (2)
- Atari 2600 (2)
- Atari Flashback (1)
- Atari 8-bit (3)
- Atari ST (8)
- Atari Lynx (1)
- Genesis (4)
- SEGA Master System (1)
- Game Gear (2)
- Web (1)
1. Papers, Please
The creator of the game often travelled through Asia and made the observation that the work of an immigration officer checking documents for entry is simultaneously very monotonous and very responsible. The game reproduces this work - but scammers and unusual situations occur in it much more often than in reality. The task of the player-officer is not to make a mistake, not to let an unwanted guest into the country. He has power, directories, translucent devices, etc., but experienced masters of deception and fraud act against him. The task of the player is complicated by the fact that his country is like all the paranoid dictatorships at the same time. This country fears a lot, seeks to control everything and periodically generates various rules. The game has a lot of humour, a lot of exciting puzzles and unexpected twists, including shooting. The visual and musical design of the game reflects the bizarre world of stupid rules, constant fear and mutual distrust.
Overcooked puts the player into the shoes of two restaurant chefs at once. Each level is a kitchen, and your goal is to cook a list of meals following the onscreen recipes. The time is limited, and there are restrictions on how much money the player can spend on the ingredients. The player controls two characters that can be switched at any time or ordered to do a list of actions.
The kitchens are often set in the oddball places, such as a pirate ship, two speeding trucks, a pedestrian crosswalk, or an iceberg. The level elements are dynamic and may move or change during the gameplay. Tables and ovens can slide, and the cooks can fall off the level, though they will respawn shortly.
There’s a story mode in which cooking is tied to the plot. The game is set in the Onion Kingdom that was attacked by an insatiable spaghetti monster. The chefs travel back in time to refine their cooking skills and feed the monster when it appears again.
Since even in the single mode the player has to control two cooks, the game predictably has a co-op multiplayer and a competitive mode in which the players try to “outcook” each other. Both modes, however, are local, and there’s no online multiplayer.
Factorio is an isometric space real-time strategy developed by Wube Software.
An astronaut is stranded on the surface of a distant unknown planet, that is full with low life forms and fossil fuels. His main objective now is to survive and build a rocket to leave the planet. Luckily, the main character has a scientific background, hence why he can build any machinery from steam engines to exoskeletons, power grids, and oil plants. The planet's inhabitants start to think that they got infected by the astronaut and try to eliminate the threat as soon as possible.
The player controls only one character that can move around the map freely by walking at first and using vehicles later into the game. The unknown planet that the players explore is rich with oil, minerals, water, and other fauna.
The player controlled character can mine the resources by himself and the tools that can be crafted or by building specific mining equipment. The latter will be much more effective. The same thing goes for resource processing and other stages of item development as from the game's beginning, the players can't keep up with all the things they have to do simultaneously.
The game features a Tower Defence aspect, as the planet's inhabitants set out to kill the player and eliminate the cause of damage to their planet. The players have to build a sophisticated defense network of turrets and mines to protect themselves.
4. Baba Is You
Baba Is You is a puzzle game where you can change the rules by which you play. In every level, the rules themselves are lying as blocks you can interact with; by manipulating them, you can change how the level works and cause surprising, unexpected interactions! With some simple block-pushing you can turn yourself into a rock, turn patches of grass into dangerously hot obstacles, and even change the goal you need to reach to something entirely different.
The game has over 100 levels that experiment with the game's mechanics in a multitude of ways, requiring the player to understand and manipulate the rules of the game and figure out devious ways to make the objects in the game world interact. The game will also feater a level editor for making your own levels and campaigns.
The game was originally created for & won the Nordic Game Jam 2017. The event had 142 entries in total. The game was made using Multimedia Fusion 2 by Clickteam.
5. Hidden Folks
Search for hidden folks in hand-drawn, interactive, miniature landscapes. Unfurl tent flaps, cut through bushes, slam doors, and poke some crocodiles! Rooooaaaarrrr!!!!!
A strip of targets shows you what to look for. Click on a target for a hint, and find enough to unlock the next area.
In case you like numbers a lot:
- 17+ hand-drawn areas
- 155+ targets to find
- 1100+ mouth-originated sound effects
- 250+ unique interactions
- 3 color modes: normal, sepia, and night mode
- 1 Steam Cloud
- 5 Achievements
- 8 Steam Trading Cards
- 22 languages (translated by the community)
More areas and features to come!
Resist or Embrace
Sundered is a horrifying fight for survival and sanity, a hand-drawn epic from the creators of Jotun. It is a replayable metroidvania where you resist or embrace ancient eldritch powers. You play Eshe, a wanderer in a ruined world, trapped in ever-changing caverns filled with hordes of terrifying enemies. Harness the power of corrupted relics to defeat gigantic bosses, at the cost of your humanity. Resist or embrace.Key Features
Beautiful hand-drawn art and animation
Terrifyingly epic boss fights
Unique abilities that may be powerfully corrupted… at a cost
Hundreds of upgrades and multiple character builds
Dynamic encounters against hordes of enemies
A mix of hand-crafted & procedural levels
Multiple endings and over 15 hours of gameplay
Delve into a procedurally generated dungeon at the heart of a beautiful hand-drawn world. Classic Metroidvania elements such as backtracking, secrets and unlocking new abilities that open new regions are at the core of the exploration experience.
Confront hordes of dynamically spawned eldritch monsters. Put your skills and reflexes to the test through furious melee combat and epic boss fights against uniquely designed enemies. All monster spawns are dynamic, constantly keeping you on your toes.
Designed as a challenging adventure for seasoned gamers, frequent deaths are part of the Sundered experience. But taking our inspiration from our favorite rogue-like games, death in Sundered is only the beginning.
When you die, you respawn in the Hub, where you level up and customize your character. Equip and upgrade a host of unique Perks, stats and special Abilities hidden throughout the world.
7. Dragon Fin Soup
Dragon Fin Soup seamlessly blends genres to create a fresh experience: half story-driven tactical RPG and half high-stakes roguelike, with a pinch of crass humor and a heaping helping of murder & madness set in a procedurally generated fantasy world.
Meet Red Robin - a charming, yet raging alcoholic bounty hunter, who’d rather get into a bar fight than deliver baked goods. Players must take up Robin’s blades and set out across Asura, a lushly colorful fantasy world that sits on the back of an enormous space turtle, on a journey to discover the secrets of her bloody past.
This game is not for the casual player and can be highly addictive.
Dragon Fin Soup contains the following:
- Superfluid turn-based tactical combat
- Raging alcoholic bounty hunter heroine
- New procedurally generated world each time you play
- Mercenaries for hire and awesome pets to collect
- Over 60+ hours of roguelike gameplay in Story, Survival & Labyrinth modes
Dragon Fin Soup is hand crafted by a 5 person indie development team - Grimm Bros LLC.
Learn more about Dragon Fin Soup at www.DragonFinSoup.com!
8. Cook, Serve, Delicious! 2!!
Cook, Serve, Delicious! 2!! is the massive sequel to the surprise best selling original, one of the few games that gives players complete control on how they want to build their restaurant.
The game starts like any other morning at SherriSoda Tower as you take the elevator up to open Cook, Serve, Delicious!, a platinum star restaurant that was surging in popularity thanks to your amazing chef and management skills. Just then, a swarm of police surround SherriSoda Tower. It seems the SherriSoda head executives were secretly stealing funds from the company at the same time they were incurring a staggering amount of debt, draining the accounts of the tower and several of the businesses inside of it, including CSD. Just like that, the tower was closed and put up for federal auction, including everything inside of it. It was all over… the Cook, Serve, Delicious! restaurant was no more.
Angry but determined to rebuild, you’ve scrounged up all of your personal life’s savings and bought commercial space inside the Teragon Supertower, the largest skyscraper in the city. It’s here that you will start a brand new Cook, Serve, Delicious! restaurant, build it back to its former glory, and rebuild your legacy as the best chef in the world.
- A 60+ hour experience as you build your restaurant from a roach infested eatery to a World Class Platinum Star experience by either running your own restaurant or branching out as a chef for hire, where you take jobs within the tower and various restaurants as you gain experience with the large array of foods, which spans 400 levels across 33 restaurants!
- Several modes including Classic Mode that brings back the classic gameplay of the original, Stress mode that instantly rockets the difficulty to the highest setting, and Zen mode, which allows you to take it easy and relaxes many of the stressful elements to provide an easy day of cooking.
- All new gameplay features and additions, with a greater flexibility of difficulty for those who like it casual or insanely difficult.
- Over 200 foods, sides, drinks and desserts to choose from, a staggering increase from the 30 foods in the original game.
- New local co-op mode! The all new split screen co-op feature allows you to play through the entire game with two players, with the ability for players to drop in and out during your progress within the game.
- Tons of lore including an email system with over 600 emails, unlockable secrets, and tons more!
- Unlock over 1,200 restaurant objects and design your restaurant however you'd like with the Designer mode.
- All new 1080p native/60fps code.
9. Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers 20th Anniversary Edition
Experience one of adventure gaming’s most stunning masterpieces all over again in this blockbuster retelling of the award-winning 1993 murder-mystery, which adds all-new puzzles, scenes, and HD graphics!
Blending the best of yesterday and today, it re-imagines the 1993 original, voted one of the greatest games of all time, for an entirely new generation of fans. As struggling author and bookstore owner Gabriel Knight, players will investigate a series of savage ritual killings in New Orleans and their connection to voodoo’s sinister mysteries.
The deeper you dive into master storyteller Jane Jensen’s tale of terror and suspense, the closer you’ll come to discovering the secrets of Gabriel’s family history–and unfolding his destiny.Key Features:
- Relive one of gaming’s greatest adventures of all-time: Adventure Gamers' 20 Best Adventure Games, Computer Gaming World's Adventure Game of the Year 1994, and Honorable Mention in The A.V. Club's Top 100 Games of All-Time
- Experience the award-winning voodoo murder-mystery in stunning high-res 3D
- Adds new puzzles and scenes to familiar challenges
- Includes remastered soundtrack by original composer Robert Holmes
- Enjoy special extras and bonus edition content, including original concept art, behind-the-scenes extras, exclusive new interviews and more!
10. Steam Marines
Steam Marines is a squad based Roguelike set on a steampunk spaceship. It features tactical play focused on positioning and careful use of resources. Built to keep you on your toes as you progress through the decks of your besieged ship while clearing enemies and trying to reach each level's elevator.
Build your marines up into long range or up close death machines, but don't expect any mercy. Death is permanent and fallen marines are gone forever. Finding survivors not guaranteed.
Turn and Squad Based Gameplay
Command up to four marines, each with their own gear, talents, and Action Points. Positioning is critical - even a lone enemy can be lethal! Sight and snipe or funnel enemies into a choke point and blow them up!
- Five marine classes - long range death, shotgun knockback, grenade launchers, all to help the squad
- Four ranks for promotion and talent tree access
- Five perks to further differentiate each marine
- Exoskeleton suits stripped from the hulks of dead enemies - flamethrowers and face punching
- Deck bosses that will challenge you but do not negate the tactics you have learned (no "immunities"!)
The steampunk spaceship is composed of multiple decks you must progress through. Different environments and creatures await, and you'll never know for sure what lies beyond the next corner.
- Five human ship decks with a sixth Alien Deck
- Procedural decks with destructible walls, high/low ground, and tactical variations
- Randomized weapons, armor, and enemy units
Score, Difficulty, and New Game Plus
Get rated on your overall performance. Manage to fight your way past 30 levels of mayhem? New Game Plus offers fresh challenges. Four levels of difficulty with one being for the truly masochistic!
11. Unforgiving Trials: The Space Crusade
The world is dying. Many years after the banishment of the evil that plagued the land, the world was hit by waves of unbearable heat. Crops are withering, rivers and wells drying and the cattle is slowly dying out from illness.
During his desperate work to save his family farm from the heat, young farmer named Jory was suddenly visited by a mysterious stranger claiming that the land could be saved and that he is the one who can help save it.
Despite his skepticism, in desperation he accepted the strangers offer and was instantly transferred to a strange flying metal contraption where three other people waited.
The stranger explained to them that the thing that plagues this world is not a natural, but man made disaster. An evil and immortal tyrant, together with his evil legions from times past is manipulating the Sun that heats their world and the very fabric of time. All to fulfill his goal of utter time and space domination. Coming from a time where the tyrant already established domination, the stranger known as Cooper came back in an attempt to rewrite time and thus save both present and the future from utter destruction.
He explained to his four guests that even though they are not warriors they all carry genes of great heroes of the past. Using his superior technology he can make Jory and his new friends capable of combating any threat that comes their way.
Each character will choose his own unique class among the rich variety that "The Space Crusade" offers. Despite this, they will not only be defined by their class of choice, but also with their inherent abilities (i.e. farmer Jory will be more sturdy then his companions, while grifter Laura will be more agile then the rest). Every class will be able to use a wide variety of abilities that will enable them to combat their more technologically advanced foes. The number of possible encounters is fixed, so there will not be any tedious level grinding. After each level up the player will choose new skills, and with it the way their characters develop combat-wise. Goal of the game is to reach the Sun where the tyrant resides while combating his legions, both human and mutated monstrosities.
Jory - small town farmer with a wild youth, but after his father died he settled down to run his family farm in his honor.
Dante - young scholar with an interest in engineering. He accepted Cooper's call to observe his advanced technology.
Laura - grifter from the Capital City that joined Cooper to flee the guards chasing her after her last scam.
Victoria - initiate in a secluded temple yearning for adventure and an opportunity to help her fellow man.
Cooper - time-traveling stranger from a ruined future. He traveled back in time to stop the problem at its root. Pilot of the vessel "Solarius", and leader of the team.
Gather, collect and manage resources.
Craft useful items & structures.
Build and grow a base out of nothing. Buy land to expand and explore.
Level up and learn new skills, abilities, and blueprints.
Solve puzzles, find secrets and raid dungeons!
Achieve anything you want! The choice is yours, you set your own goals to work towards!
Start small and improve your base, skills, equipment, network of friends (and enemies!) and build your future as you see fit! You can play Forager in a very varied array of playstyles...BECOME... A GATHERERBECOME... A FARMERBECOME... A MERCHANTBECOME... AN ADVENTURERBECOME... A BUILDER
13. Gato Roboto
Pounce inside of your cozy armored mech and set off on a dangerous trek through an alien underworld full of irritable creatures and treacherous obstacles in a valiant effort to save your stranded captain and his crashed spaceship. Tiptoe outside the friendly confines of your technological marvel and follow your feline instincts through tight tunnels and mysterious waterways to scavenge for new weapons and gear. Adventure awaits the most curious of cats in Gato Roboto!
Explore the underground labyrinth of a deep space outpost and uncover the dastardly deeds that unfolded before your arrival.
Blast and dash your way through enemies and obstacles in an agile mech suit to face the guardians stationed precariously throughout the base.
Cautiously venture outside the mech and risk all nine lives to explore areas inaccessible to your bulky, mechanical armor.
Discover secrets abound and gather new weapons and items to help open up new areas on your journey through dozens of handcrafted environments.
14. You Must Build A Boat
You must build a boat.
You must spring out of bed.
You must bargain with the lizardman.
You must heed your undead navigators.
You must slide rows or columns of tiles on a 6x8 grid.
You must match at least 3.
You must run to the right.
You must focus intently on 2 areas of the screen simultaneously.
You must match keys to unlock chests and swords to attack.
You must literally collect your thoughts and trade them for dragons.
You must not dally.
You must not be too hasty.
You must voluntarily ramp up the difficulty by taking on multiple quests at once.
You must incrementally reach your goals. You must build a boat.
You must try again.
You must try again x5.
You must win every time, even when you don’t.
You must remain optimistic.
You must upgrade your magic staff.
You must occasionally stop playing to allow for your hand to uncramp.
You must take credit for random chain combos you made no effort to arrange.
You must trust a blue bean man to make dangerous investments with your money.
You must forget about the blue bean man.
You must mind the asp.
You must reconcile that despite the game’s title, you begin your journey in possession of what is, in no uncertain terms, already a boat.
You must build a boat.
You must go all-in on the retro aesthetic.
You must trade junk for gold with the voidorb.
You must pray for salt.
You must consume fish and tomatoes for time.
You must venture through hell.
You must disarm traps like your life depends on it.
You must make an offering at the chapel.
You must rally the Fantasy Union and the Undead Buddies to your cause.
You must weigh anchor and methodically yet joyously hop in sync with your entire crew.
You must feign interest in critiquing the gardener’s work.
You must look up at the clock and wonder how it’s so late already.
You must build a boat.
You must build a boat!
YOU MUST BUILD A BOAT!!!
10000000 is a Dungeon Crawling RPG Matching Game. Run the dungeon and match to handle the things you encounter
“This game is so good it makes me want to cry” - Eli Hodapp – Editor In Chief – TouchArcade
“This is one of my favorite iOS games in a long time. Buy it. Love it. Pass it on.” - Ben Kuchera – Penny Arcade Report
“Freedom costs 10 million. I’m half-hoping I never make it” - Mike Fahey – Kotaku
“Mashes together two of the most interesting genres of the last years: the puzzle RPG and infinite runner. And it’s damned good.” - Owen Faraday – Pocket Tactics
Upgrade your castle, improve your gear, train skills and brew potions
Can you score 10000000 and earn your freedom?
• Kill monsters and find loot
•Improve your gear and train skills
• Find wood and stone to improve your castle
Test your skill
• More than 60 objectives to complete
• Over 20 different monster types to fight
• Find items and use them effectively
• Fast paced action gameplay
• Retro graphics
• Old school music
"I played this for like 8 hours, it's a fantastic little game."
"I got sucked into this more than I expected"
"Adds so much to the genre, What a great game!"
16. Nyan Cat: Lost In Space
** Official Nyan Cat Game **
Play with the most celebrated flying cat in human history. Drink milk, eat ice-cream, collect coins, buy gorgeous boosts, fly like a superhero (sorry... supercat), jump onto platforms made of cake, avoid angry dogs, and discover the infinite space. And that's not all, you can choose from multiple game modes, where you can play with Nyan Cat's evil foe Tac Nayn, learn to fly on different planets with Nyan Wings or visit parallel universes. If you're tired, you can even train and feed your own Nyanagotchi. Oh, and last but not least: you can enjoy the wonderful Nyan-song as many times as you want! All this funky stuff can't be missed.
Features for Humans:
- Tasty COLLECTABLES (energy drinks, donuts and more)
- Crazy POWERUPS (rockets, bubbles and more)
- Freaky POWERDOWNS (dynamites, flashlights and more)
- Evil ENEMIES (dogs, UFOs and more)
- Leaderboards & ACHIEVEMENTS
- Stunning boost ITEMS (score multiplier, shield and more)
- 5 GAME MODES, including Nyan Wings
- NYAN EDITOR!
- NYANAGOTCHI room: keep your Nyan happy to earn gifts! The happier he is the quicker you get your prize.
- Different background THEMES (Halloween, Xmas and more)
- Different forms of NYAN CAT (Supernyan, Zombienyan, and more)
- TAC NAYN
- Nyan nyan nyan nyan NYAN nyan (nyan, nyan and more)
Features for Nyans:
- Nyan nyan nyan nyan POWERUPS nyan nyan nyan ACHIEVEMENTS nyan nyan SUPERNYAN nyan ONLINE HIGH SCORES nyan nyan nyan BEAUTIFUL PIXEL ART nyan nyan nyan
17. Princess Remedy In A Heap of Trouble
An enormous Boss Tower has sprung from the ground, lifting entire towns up with it. People got used to it and kept living on the tower, but they’re starting to contract all sorts of mysterious illnesses. Princess Remedy, still in Saturnian healing school, must use her powers to heal everyone and defeat the Boss Tower!
The theme of love is back, and this time Remedy can date anyone she's healed to have them accompany her on her travels. Each companion offers a different ability in Healing Mode, such as Dash, Homing shots and Injection.
More bosses! More secrets! A dance ball! In A Heap of Trouble is the prequel to the critically acclaimed Princess Remedy In A World of Hurt (98% positive rating here on Steam). Still unsure? Play the first Princess Remedy for free:
18. Final Quest II
Final Quest IIReturn to the world of Paylea in Final Quest II. In an action-packed adventure, join Ralph and friends on an epic voyage to find his lost father. Have you got what it takes to confront the Dormai Empire?
Your actions will define how the story evolves, multiple paths and choices will result in different endings.
If you didn't play Final Quest that's OK. Final Quest II is a standalone game. For the best experience in FQII however, we do recommend playing the first game in the series.
Final Quest II Features:
- Return to the world of Paylea. Explore and adventure through a vast world with a variety of unique environments
- Find and recruit allies to your team
- Unlock hidden areas with secret passwords
- Recruit monsters to be your pets
- New treasure hunter system - Dig and find items
- New Pixel weather system
- Mini games
- Collect weapons, armours and secret key items.
19. Sunrider: Liberation Day - Captain's Edition
Sunrider Liberation Day is a turn based tactics game with deep storyline segments where you are Captain Kayto Shields of the starship Sunrider and must lead your squad of mecha pilots to victory.
Combining an edge of your seat story from the best mecha animes with ruthless gameplay where every mistake is punished and every victory feels like a triumph, Sunrider Liberation Day is a must play for fans of Japanese tactics RPGs and anime.
-Command the prototype starship Sunrider and her squadron of mechas in brutal battles for survival
-Intense story where one of your beloved crew members is a spy
-Vastly improved art and gameplay mechanics from Sunrider Mask of Arcadius
-Full voice acting in Japanese for the entire main cast
Note: It is highly recommended that you play Sunrider Mask of Arcadius (for free!) before playing Sunrider Liberation Day.
20. The Black Watchmen
If this is your first Alternate Reality Game, please take the time to try the demo. The Black Watchmen is unlike any other game on Steam. You will have the opportunity to complete tasks unique to PARGs. You must be prepared: There is no virtual world, and you have no in-game avatar. You have an agent name, and the whole web to investigate for NPCs, fake websites and stories that blend the real word with our fiction. Several times during missions, you will be interacting with real world entities (players, businesses, organizations, etc.).
You will not be able to complete this game alone. Only with the help of the community will you be able to rise through the ranks, and become a veteran agent of The Black Watchmen.PricingYou are buying Season 1, which gives you access to:
- 25 in-game missions
- 65 puzzles to solve
- 5 hidden missions (unlocked by obtaining “puzzle pieces” or secret answers in-game)
- Community sandbox missions
Season 2 is an optional DLC and includes:
- 30 in-game missions featuring an expanded narrative
- 82 puzzles to solve
- 5 new hidden missions
The Black Watchmen are a paramilitary group dedicated to protecting the public from dangerous phenomena beyond human understanding: ritualistic murder, occult secret societies, and paranormal activity, to name but a few.
As a global organization, The Black Watchmen offer a wide range of skills and services for covert missions anywhere in the world, on behalf of any group, corporation or government that can afford them. Often called in as a last resort, The Black Watchmen pride themselves on their discretion, strength and efficiency.
To maintain objectivity in the field, you, as an agent, are never informed of the identity of the client. You are given only mission parameters and told how to distinguish friend from foe, but the lines are often blurred…Gameplay Features
- Gameplay: Different missions require different skill-sets.
- Crack ancient codes and investigate bizarre occurrences
- Join a squadron of soldiers raiding a rupture site
- Hack through the virtual defenses of your enemies
- Research an occult group and uncover hidden connections
- Crack ancient codes and investigate bizarre occurrences
- All Around You: The game is played using coded websites, wikis and real world references.
- Mission Hub: An interface that acts as a hub for information, mission briefings, puzzles, and more.
- Agent Map: See the locations of your fellow agents around the world, and keep an eye out for potential location-based missions.
21. Khimera: Destroy All Monster Girls
Part human, part oni, golem and harpy! The list goes on and on! Born in a lab, Chelshia the chimera is the world's first synthetic monster girl. When her monster inhabited island home is threatened by a band of looting pirates, she springs into action to save the day!
Khimera: Destroy All Monster Girls is your premiere monster girl beat-em-up platformer experience! Use Suits & Sandals' patented (not actually patented) GIANT STONE FIST technology to punch your way through hordes of monster-pirates to reclaim your home's stolen treasure.
Find upgrades, collect collectables and solve problems with your fists! Play the game at your own pace in story mode or go for the best time in a marathon-style race mode!
- 24 built-in achievements offer praise for completing tasks.
- Race mode lets you compete for the best time against the community!
- Xinput and direct input compatibility makes sure all your USB controllers work!
22. Final Quest
Final QuestLong ago the peaceful world of Paylea was ravaged by a fierce conflict. King Edward, the Sepcom Emperor is torn apart by envy and bitter hatred. He waged war and battled to decide the fate of the world.
Ralph and his team, a band of mercenaries were once quest hunters. Now they seek out the magical gem and those who are trained to use it, in the hope that they can turn the tides of war.
A time of change is coming. One small boy, the last of a long line of Gem Warriors, will soon discover the true power of his heritage. In so doing, he will embark upon a Final quest to free the people and to find his long lost father.Features
- Travel across a huge world - enjoy a deep and engaging story.
- A real time day/night system.
- Select your party members.
- Change your job class.
- Do battle with a variety of enemies in the fast paced ATB battle system.
23. Blaster Shooter GunGuy!
Gun. But now, GunDad has been kidnapped. And it's up to you, GunGuy , to go out into the world and SAVE GUNDAD!
Blaster Shooter GunGuy is a challenging 2D action platformer with collectathon elements. Designed to be difficult but fair you take on the role of GunGuy and jump n shoot your way through 56 different levels comprising 7 worlds with each world culminating in a boss battle. Every stage holds three gems, collect them to unlock more playable characters. Each world also hold a unique challenge level that will test your prowess and if completed will also reward you with an additional playable character. All playable character have their own stat changes; some hit harder, some jump higher, but each is unique in their own way. Blaster Shooter GunGuy features Steam Trading Cards so you collect inside the game and out!
- Challenging 2D Action Platformer!
- More Than 50 Levels Spanning 7 Completely Different Worlds!
- 7 Difficult Boss Battles!
- Dozens of Collectibles!
- Difficult Challenge Stages to Test Your Skills!
- Unlock More Playable Characters To Keep The Fun Going!
- Steam Trading Cards!
24. Pixel Heroes: Byte & Magic
„Listen! The end is nigh!! Hear my words and prepare! An ancient cult has set foot in our lands! They call themselves -The Sons of Dawn- and pray to some dark elder god. They have started recruiting people for their cause all over the country. I fear that they want to try to awaken something which should be left sleeping. Something dangerous and sinister! Something that might destroy us all. Spend your last of days wisely...“
Enter the world of PIXEL HEROES and prepare yourself for a thrilling RPG/Roguelike experience like you have never seen before!
Explore a randomized world full of hilarious events, deadly dungeons and the weirdest NPCs you will ever meet in a game!
Choose three heroes for your party and take them on a journey that will be completely different each time you start a new game. Bath in a pool of procedurally generated loot and defeat the evil forces that threaten the township of Pixton!
- 30 unique hero classes to unlock, each with individual skills and attributes.
- More procedurally generated axes, spears, maces, swords, shields, bows, crossbows, spells and prayers than a lama has hair on its body.
- 13 mystic and beautifully cruel dungeons to explore. With epic bossfights waiting!
- 3 campaigns to unlock, each with its own final dungeon and boss.
- Permadeath! You know you want it.
- A detailed graveyard where you can mourn your dead heroes, compare their statistics and see which of their choices led to their tragic death.
- Completely crazy NPCs, each one of them with a significant storyline that you can follow to unlock cool stuff!
- Tons of random events that you will encounter on your way, expecting you to make important choices. Will you yell at the cat like a crazy idiot?
- Many achievements and unlockables, try to get them all and become the most badass Pixel Heroes player in the world!
A mutant soap opera where small-town gossip meets the supernatural
MUTAZIONE is an adventure game where the juicy personal drama is just as important as the high-stakes 'adventure' part of the story. It draws on the ensemble cast format of storytelling in favourite television shows such as Twin Peaks, Deep Space Nine, Grey's Anatomy, and Lost.
Over 100 years ago a great meteor named ‘Moon Dragon’ struck a tropical holiday resort. Most of the inhabitants perished but those who didn’t remained in the mutating environment and founded the small community of Mutazione.
Fast-forward to modern day, where you play as the protagonist Kai as she travels to this strange and secretive community to visit her ailing grandfather, Nonno. Explore the village, plant musical gardens, choose who you want to talk to, and find your way through an in-game week of small-town drama and scenic hangouts.
As you nurse your grandfather back to health, you make new friends, discover old betrayals, unravel long-kept secrets, and embark on a final spiritual journey to try to save everyone from the mysterious darkness at the heart of it all...
EXIT is a puzzle game that requires pure logic rather than luck or dexterity.
It now includes 100 levels (60 campaign + 10 extra in survival + 20 in SEASON1 update + 10 EXTRA levels) that will blow your mind.
The goal is seemingly simple: put all the balls into their corresponding target slots.
While this sounds easy the game isn't so much. One has to invest time into the game master it.
Three difficulty levels:
• Casual - no time pressure, relaxed bonus requirements
• Normal - challenging amount of time for each level
• Pro - very sharp times and bonus requirements
• Atmospheric 3D environments
• Polished visuals
• Solid game play
• Make your own way though the game : multiple solutions exist for each puzzle
• Clear goals, simple game mechanics
• Campaign and Survival modes
• Trading Cards
• Offers best in class puzzle experience
• Catchy music tracks
EXIT offers 50+ hours of gameplay for those who'd like to earn 100% achievements.
Although EXIT is a puzzle game, it is highly re-playable due to its difficulty and unique design.
27. Fallen: A2P Protocol
In a World saved and destroyed by a new energy source, a quest for revenge will unveil the deepest secret on how it all began to fall apart.
- Deep turn based tactical combat: Old school Action Points system, Looting within missions, melee combat and dozens of weapons to choose from and more.
- Limited ammo and resources: Make every round count and think twice before your shooting spread.
- Destroyable environment: Destroy cover, walls, cars, graves, barrels and more and make your own paths, or why not kill an enemy that was passing by.
- Rich story and dialogues: Linear story with voice over actors. Complete the Main Quests to finish the Story or do some side missions in between, your choice.
- RPG Character progression and skills:: Customize your characters with 20 active and passive skills to choose from, master each weapon type by using it.
- Adapt to changing events and weather conditions: Adapt to different weather conditions on the battlefield and overcome the penalties to win the mission.
1Quest is a turn-based roguelike RPG where you play as a young adventurer who pursues an evil blood cult that has abducted several children, including the princess of the kingdom!
You got 7 days before they can start their evil ritual to summon an ancient demon by sacrificing the children. Each region of the realm contains dungeons full of hostile creatures, but you will also find help and get various rewards depending on which path you take towards rescuing the children. But you need to hurry, if you want to save them all...
Fight monsters, grab loot, become more powerful and prevent the blood cult from summoning the demon.Key features
- Turn based RPG
- 5 races
- 18 Differents classes
- More than 150 class abilities and spells for characters
- More than 100 monsters
- 20 Differents dungeons with specific rewards
- Magic system based on spell schools and magic affinities for more diversity and replayability
TARTARUS is a First Person game with Action elements, set in terrifyingly dark sci-fi universe. In TARTARUS, you will play as Cooper. You are trying to hack the ship's system's via using "Terminals". Hacking the ship is the real challenge. You have to use specific Terminal commands, which are very realistic, to make it work. Sometimes you have to search "Items" to get information which you need, to solve problems. TARTARUS has retro style elements like iconic sci-fi movies.
-First Person Action
-Immersive storytelling with a rich and simple gameplay
-Advanced text based puzzles
30. Marble Skies
Marble Skies is a back-to-basics platformer where you control your marble through various levels and try to get the best time for each one. Complete all the levels at your own pace, or challenge your friends to get on top of the leaderboards!Features -
- 20+ Beginner Levels
Learn the basics of the game. Get to know how to control your marble, and the various powerups you may encounter. Great for new players!
- 20+ Intermediate Levels
After the first Beginner levels, you will start to master your marble rolling skills. Now you're aiming for the best times!
- 20+ Advanced levels
Nothing will be too difficult once you get to Advanced... And then it gets even harder!
- Hand crafted from scratch
- Arcade style physics
- Platforming obstacles
- Marble powerups
- Great soundtrack
- Controller support
- Marble Skins
- Level system
- Generated endless-mode
- Lots more free updated levels
- Level creator
31. Your Bunny Wrote
There once was a Bunny who loved to sleep, eat juicy carrots well and write simple compositions.
He woke up like that one Sunny morning and found that all the letters from him fled.
Decided Bunny, it is impossible to hesitate with their search and started every minute along the unexplored paths.
- cool NES-style pixel art
– 31+ challenging levels
- a unique and original game design
- a simple and addictive gameplay
- original soundtrack
32. Introvert Quest
Introvert Quest is a comedy based JRPG set in a fictional, modern setting. In it, the player will experience the life of a socially awkward shut-in named Bryce Han, who is pushed into (for him Herculean) tasks by his therapist and friend of his late father, Dr. Abe Eisner.
Through the intensive four day therapy, the player will tackle tasks such as: going to the store, making new friends, finding a part time job and many more. But, even such menial tasks can hold may dangers of a big city for one not used to its streets. Scammers, beggars and delinquents lurk around every corner waiting for unsuspecting targets.
Make friends and enemies in this twisted modern day RPG where every day activities seem like a grueling tasks for the player to deal with. Be careful what you do or say for every choice will have some consequences in the future, for the past choices cannot be rewritten!
The gameplay of Introvert Quest will feature mostly dialogue based adventuring, concentrated on a multiple choice system. Choices will impact future events and interaction with other characters inhabiting Sky City. Introvert Quest also features JRPG style battles, but not as a main focus (mostly optional, plus an entire optional mini game aspect: Digital Duels a game that a lot of people play). Battles will be turn based with highly animated attacks. And lastly, but most importantly, after finishing the game successfully, the player will be thrust into a new, completely different experience.
Multiple choices that impact the story
Action packed turn based battles
Big city to explore which unlocks as the hero gains more and more confidence
Hyperbole version of various human weaknesses
Form social links with other inhabitants of he city
Love life and your fellow man!
New Game + with a lot of new content
Siralim is a deep RPG with light roguelike elements that allows you to summon and customize hundreds of creatures to fight in strategic battle. Fight your way through randomly generated dungeons and complete randomized quests. Find rare treasure and use it to upgrade your castle, empower your creatures, craft powerful artifacts, learn new spells, and much more.Features
- Randomly generated dungeons and quests - no two dungeons are alike!
- Capture and summon over 300 unique creatures to fight for you. Each creature has its own unique abilities which directly affect the way you play the game.
- Cast over 100 powerful spells to turn the tide of battle.
- Fight in challenging battles that reward thoughtful strategy rather than mindless button mashing.
- Upgrade your castle to add new rooms, to unlock new creatures, and to entice new citizens to live in your kingdom.
- Craft and enchant equipment to augment your creatures' power or to grant them new abilities. There are over 500 different crafting materials to collect and use.
- Create eggs that will someday hatch into extremely powerful creatures.
- Fight in your kingdom's battle arena for fame, fortune, and glory.
- Infinite playability. There is no level cap, no restrictions, and the game never ends. Want to play until your character is level 937? Go for it.
- A roguelike overworld where you can see your enemies approaching before battle begins.
- Ever-expanding: we frequently release major content patches that give you access to new creatures, items, and other things to do.
34. Mad Dojo
Take a role of wannabe ninja who has to prove himself against various obstacles in Mad Dojo, led by tough and demanding Sensei. Beat the time in this fast-paced action game, and survive until Sensei hits that gong!
Mad Dojo is an obstacle based skill platformer. You have to run, jump, wall jump and shoot in order to successfully pass each obstacle and trap. The obstacles include standard platforms, bamboo poles, seesaws, hanging tires and many more, while traps include spikes, acid, dynamite barrels and various dummies that will shoot stuff at you.Features
- Procedurally Generated levels mode
- Fast Paced Action
- Use the combination of running, jumping and using weapons to pass the obstacles
- Skill platformer with more than one way to pass each obstacle
- Bloody traps
- Original soundtrack
- Many levels
35. Legend of Dungeon: Masters
You are the Master of this legendary dungeon! Well.. one of them at least!
Legend of Dungeon Masters lets you toy with people streaming Legend of Dungeon. Help your friends and favorite streamers on their quest for treasure, and send them mighty swords, potions, and bazookas... or don’t! Rally the other viewers and laugh evilly as you rain hell upon them with beasts, kittens, and demons.
Help or hinder, it’s entirely up to you!
Follow development and find out when we stream with http://twitter.com/RobotLovesKitty or our steam group! http://steamcommunity.com/groups/robotloveskitty
This is a new kind of online multiplayer experience that you can play with a few close friends, or a whole livestream audience!-Features-
- Plot and discuss all you want with in stream chat
- Symbiotic reward system.Whether you’re beneficial to the host or a parasite is up to you.
- Persistent inventory, items in your inventory are useable in any livestream.
- Free to play, with only slightly evil monetization (very roughly implemented in beta please think of this primarily as supporting development!)
- A new kind of asymmetric multiplayer experience when you live stream LoD.
- Short messages can be attached to “gifts” sent in.
36. Rats - Time is running out!
Run through labyrinth-like banks, uncover secret rooms, solve puzzles, discover blueprints to unlock powerful tools, control time, run from guards -- and if you’re lucky, open the vault, grab the diamond . . . and get out before time runs out!
- Devour powerful cheeses and enjoy their delicious effects on time.
- Discover blueprints and unlock an arsenal of ridiculous tools with your coins.
- Blast your way across a bank on a rocket! Disguise yourself as a typewriter!
- Solve puzzles to gain access to the vault.
- Simple controls: Perfect for those who don't like to read instructions!
- For once, have both time and money!
Citizen of Swine Island City: It’s to take back what’s ours from the dirty, rotten, scoundrel Pigs who have ruled us for far too long! Snatch their diamonds, loot their coins to your heart’s content -- all the while eating the finest and most powerful cheeses known to the animal kingdom! It won't be easy, folks; although they may look adorable and huggable, the guards are relentless and will stop at nothing to take you down. Stay focused, be clever -- and most of all, keep your eye on the clock!
"ANKI" is a new platform, arcade, puzzle , game made by an independent artist Wojciech Krupinski. Incredibly addictive idea, which is teleport from left to right and from top to bottom, the author provides us with nice and pleasant moments. The gameplay will absorbs us utterly. "ANKI" is waiting for you.
-Collecting crystals, and then coloring 50 unique levels.
-Collect all the crystals that levels offer, and then go to the next level and have fun.
-Collected crystals and buy new levels that will allow you to play all the time at high speed pleasure.
-Each level has a different combination of difficulty.
-You're not limited by schematic, each level you have a free hand in where you want to go and how fast you want to collect.
See how the land of "Anki" comes alive - admire polished, amazing graphic style and unique atmosphere created by Wojciech Krupinski in his studio I love KrupinskiArt.
-50 unique levels.
-Teleportation in all directions.
-Worlds that you can color by your own combination of crystals.
-3 levels of difficulty.
-Shop where you can unlock new levels.
-5 different amazing music tracks that make you more happy today.
And ofcourse Anki will kick your ♥♥♥ kindl
38. Sos i Pie Sos
In this runner game, you play as a mouse who has stolen so much cheese that there is 10000$ bounty on his head! So there are many bounty hunters after you, but none is able to track you down except the most talented one, the Cat! He has found you when you were eating your lunch and starts chasing you. So you have to run as fast as you can if you want to survive. But he is smart and has planted many traps on your way that you have to jump over them. There are also cactuses in this desert that can kill you if you hit them! Also remember that you have a limited stamina and if you run out of it, you can’t run anymore and the Cat will catch you. So you have to gather cheese as you run to fill your stamina. Note that you can double jump and using this skill is essential for progressing through the game.
39. Big Journey to Home
Welcome to the world of adventures!
You play as Jake, a simple guy who accidently got into trouble. What will happen to him, how he will behave, will he get home or not, all that depends on you. You will encounter a variety of creatures along your way, from roaches to huge scorpions, lizards and even small hamsters! Apart from living beings, you will see a variety of complex mechanisms. To overcome snow, forests, deserts and underground areas, you will require a good weapon. Though you already have that - a well-sharpened blade that will slice (almost) every monster.
The game requires you to plan every step, so that monsters won't have you for dinner. However, if you stand still, the monsters won't touch you. The "Hardcore" mode won't let you sleep, though, it will require your full attention.
If a friend of yours keeps bothering you, you can play a separate story about Jake and his brother together. You can walk through the same far-away places and see the same monsters, however, they will behave differently. If your friend gets lost, you will be able to show him where to go using the built-in chat and marker.
The game has an achievement system - try to unlock them all! If you want to stay in this unusual world, you can extend the fun with usermade levels that people just like you can build. Thanks to the convenient level download system, you won't be leaving the game for a long time.
A brief history of development
The game was developed for the duration of five years, gradually improving. Different people contributed to the game and the development team changed over time. Some people worked on level design, some others did art. As of right now, the game has only one developer left: Vyacheslav "Silver Sword" Mironov. I have started this game and I have led it to its release.
Key features of the game
- Learn how Jake ended up in the forest and help him back home
- Travel through dark forests, undergrounds, cold ice caves and hot deserts!
- Solve unique puzzles destroying wile monsters along your way!
- Play co-op with a friend! Learn how fun it is to solve puzzles together.
- Prove that you are the best! Leaderboards, achievements and a special difficulty setting will help you in this.
- Create your own puzzles using a built-in level editor and share them with the world.
Note: To use online functionality of the game, you require a BJtH-Online account.You can create one from the game, and it is completely free.
40. Rock Boshers DX: Directors Cut
Get ready to take a trip back to the 80s, the 1880s!
Help young Queen Victoria fight her way across Mars and attempt to escape home in this exceedingly retro arcade adventure!
Created to look, feel and sound like an 8-bit styled videogame from the 1980s - Rock Boshers DX: Director’s Cut mixes top down and side on 8-way directional shooting action.
See amazing sights as you journey across Mars. Prepare to bosh rocks! - with only the occasional break for tea and scones.
RBDX is a 2D pixel drawn arcade action game, created as if made on an 8bit hardware (choose from either NES or ZX Spectrum visuals), but modernised with widescreen formatting, HD rendering and of course - no colour clash!
Authentic 8bit loading sounds and borders art!
Soldiers, zombies, giant bugs, tanks and more all try to block your progress.
Leaderboards to compete on and achievements to obtain.
Weapons to collect to help you escape the levels, such as Coal Rockets and Steam Lasers.
Hidden snacks to collect to unlock bonus arcade games.
4k and above rendering on PCs with the correct hardware/display.
Yes you can collect snacks hidden throughout the levels to unlock bonus arcade games such as:
- sees you chasing down a giant lump of Cheddar.
- is a mini spinoff from the DX version, where you must protect a milk pipeline under the sea.
- places you in the shadow of some ancient Martian pyramid as you dash to collect gems.
- lets you take to the stars in your very own space ship.
Which other retro action game which lets you play as Queen Victoria, through a small chunk of 100% accurate history from an alternate universe? :D
You even get to meet Charles Darwin!
41. Voodoo Garden
Welcome to the Voodoo Garden! You're owner of a little hut in a bustling swamp. With the help of little spirits you can earn powers and gold by producing various voodoo supplies.
In Voodoo Garden you plant trees, shrubs and herbs in order to grow various fruits, leafs, mushrooms and more. By harvesting your plants and catching wild swamp animals you gather ingredients for your production of occult accessories. And you're not alone. Cute pets keep you company. Feed and raise them and you have the option to make a sacrifice and summon little helper spirits. There are many new plants, totems and animals to unlock, purchase and upgrade. Have fun expanding and improving your enchanting garden!
42. Grimoire Chronicles
Join Myra, a young witch, on a fantastic journey to save her best friend. It's not going to be easy - her world is at war, predators made up of an elite group of warriors that fight against magic users are fighting against all of the magical kind.
The game features 10 playable characters, with a compelling storyline for you to play. With twist and turns, betrayal, friendships and maybe even love this is a magical adventure for you to enjoy.
In addition to the main story there are over 20 Side-Quests to complete and over 15 Secret Areas to discover. You also get to hunt for relics which give you special field abilities. With an original soundtrack, great locations and more we hope you will enjoy the game.Other games by Warfare Studios
43. Valcarta: Rise of the Demon
Rise of the Demon is the first chapter of a 'storyline' game series that spans 3 chapters titled: Valcarta. The Valcarta series will be built on a premise of heavy storytelling in a multi-path fashion. The Valcarta Series has its story told by two separate vantage points; one from Valak walking the Path of Darkness and one from Valak walking the Path of Light. Both vantage points take place along the exact same place in time and space, but naturally Valak encounters different allies, learns new abilities, encounters different enemies and overall has an entirely different experience. Valcarta: Rise of the Demon is essentially two RPGs with storyline, combat & character development wrapped into one package.The HeroValak, a young man without family to speak of and a blurry past. He has spent most of his 'youth' in the central province of Drachell, working as the 'protector' of a small town. At the beginning of the game, Valak must make a choice that will change not just his fate but also the fate of Drachell and Valcarta. Drachell is in a rising state of turmoil that our hero, Valak, is unaware of due to where he lives within the province. When the time comes, he is thrust into a situation that forces him to choose a side, which sets him on a path for the rest of the game.The WorldThe time for the Cleansing Ritual has come! The Elemental Lords Crystals shall be gathered and brought forth to the Ritual Caverns so that the Fay Shield that surrounds Drachell may be renewed! Perhaps it is time for change though as both the Sleemon Empire and the Brotherhood of Twilight, who are locked in a state of unrest, are stirring to contest each others movements towards these Crystals.
The Sleemon Empire has a strong foothold within the province of Drachell and is working vigorously to develop its military strength so that it may win the war that is waging on the fields of Illymader and Fayvale, two provinces to the West of Drachell. They care little for the non-human natives of Drachell, although not many people are aware of that and live peacefully within their small farming villages or within the Castle Town of Sleemonburg itself. Perhaps the Empire isn't as noble as it claims to be to all its citizens? Perhaps the Empire wants these Crystals for some other reason?
The Brotherhood of Twilight is the force that wishes to stop the Empire from continuing its mistreatment of the provinces inhabitants, or at least that's what they say. Small camps are popping up all over Drachell under the Brotherhoods flag. Their leader, Astrid, has never shown her true self, but claims she is a Guardian Spirit to the Elemental Lord of Darkness, Synkale. Perhaps this Astrid has more to her than she is letting on? Perhaps the Brotherhoods goals are a little... deeper than she claims?
- Split Path Storytelling: Experience the story and events of Rise of the Demon as they unfold from two different perspectives. Each path is between 15-20hrs of gameplay and each path involves new characters, new skills and abilities and two different styles of play. Basically, 2 RPGs wrapped into one!
- Old School RPG Action: Front-view ATB battle system with an extra touch of Action for a unique twist, an immersive world and story, unique characters with their own personal history, quests and more.
- Map Mechanics & Puzzles: Experience old-school RPG puzzles and mechanics that involve you within each and every map you move through. From pushing rocks to collapsing floors, from sliding on ice to maneuvering through haunted snowmen, Valcarta: Rise of the Demon brings a bit of action into the non-combat portions of the game.
- ATB with a twist: The new version of the game implores a brand new battle system. Traditional Action Time Battle with a twist of additional action, keeping players on their toes as they will want to ensure that enemies are unable to land a successful blows against them.
- Challenging: THREE (3) different combat difficulties: Easy, Normal, Hard along with 2 different ATB settings: Full, Wait. The mid-line basis for balancing is Normal - Full, but I personally extend a challenge to anyone who can beat both paths on Hard!
- Life Filled World: Experience and explore Drachell, a small isolated province on Valcarta. Talk with NPCs, learn about your fellow companions, the races within Drachell and more.
- Finely Crafted Time Line: Experience a true split path adventure. The choice you make alters the entire world around you. The events of Drachell will unfold, regardless of which path is being played however, but the events in which you take part in will defer on each path, providing an entirely unique story along the way. Join up with either the Sleemon Empire or the Brotherhood of Twilight to get the full story!
- Character Side Story: Learning what you do from your allies through the game, seek out a end-game side-quest for each ally, that goes deeper into the their backstory. Adventurous players may even attempt to take the quest 1 step further and seek out the OPTIONAL MEGA BOSS, which expands their store a bit more and provides them with very powerful equipment.
- Steam Achievements: Unlock all 22 Steam Achievement by playing through both paths of the game!
- Steam Trading Cards: Valcarta: Rise of the Demon has 5 Steam Trading Cards, 5 emoticons and 5 Profiles Backgrounds! Learn more about this system here: http://steamcommunity.com/tradingcards/
Categories in common with Valcarta: Rise of the Demon: Role Playing
44. Origin Of Destiny
Sophie and Mike have been separated by an evil group and must now try and rejoin forces before taking on a great evil. But something more sinister is happening and may change the world forever!
With the help of their friends as well as other travelers Sophie and Mike must try to stop the Dark Lord and a mysterious organisation from not only taking over the world but taking over history.
45. Selatria: Advent of the Dakk'rian Empire
What is Selatria?
Selatria is an independently produced role-playing game for Windows developed by Whim Independent Studios. It features a vast world to explore, an in-depth battle system, as well as an epic original soundtrack.
Selatria: Advent of the Dakk'rian Empire covers the first three chapters of the entire Selatria saga.
The game follows the story of main characters Mage and Melanie, whose home of Availia is threatened by an invading imperial army. These two soon find themselves on the run, recruiting friends in unlikely places to protect their home… and eventually the world.
Selatria weaves a story of magic and mystery, filled with smiles, tears, and the occasional one-liner. Made by gamers for gamers, Selatria has everything you love about classic 16-bit role-playing games, with beautiful visuals and a breathtaking soundtrack.
- 20+ Hours of Gameplay (Advent of the Dakk'rian Empire)
- Hundreds of lines of voiced dialogue
- Challenging Boss Battle Encounters
- Team Attack Battle System [TABS] which focuses on party member coordination to unleash devastating attack chains!
- Dungeon Challenges and Complicated Puzzles
- Exciting Mini Games
- Reserved Selatria – Instead of resting at an inn, party members accumulate Reserved Selatria as they explore. You can spend these Selatria as you explore the world, eliminating the need to rest for extended periods in towns!
- Team Attack Battle System [TABS] – A unique spin on traditional turn-based battles that allows compatible party members to chain extra attacks off of team members’ special abilities known as “Triggers”. Figure out and coordinate party member attack chains to attack multiple times in one round!
46. Super Dangerous Dungeons
Hop into a challenging platforming adventure with the little treasure hunter Timmy! Run and jump your way through rooms full of spikes, pits, and other deadly dangers. Do you have what it takes to conquer the dangerous dungeons and reach the legendary treasure?
- Over 50 challenging levels, including bosses and secret stages!
- Stylish and retro pixel art graphics!
- SNES inspired retro soundtrack by KungFuFurby!
- Time Trial mode for speedrunners!
- Steam achievements to prove your dungeon mastery!
- Xbox controller support!
Apollo4x is a game of transporting 5 resources between planets, and you have limited fuel to do so. It's a bit puzzle, a bit resource management, and some tycoon strategy. There are no build queues, and you are having meaningful interaction with your economy every single turn. There are no "other players" to compete against, but we've instead used a "time pressure" type enemy that consumes planets as it spreads across the map - because a fun game needs a challenge component, and we find symmetric AI opponents problematic in other games, so this was the best solution. Difficulty is fully in your control, and ranges from zero-challenge to something the creators can't beat, so you'll find your own best settings with experience.
Apollo4x has "4X" in the title, but this is not an indicator that we've made a "traditional formula" title like Master of Orion, or the games that follow that economic and combat model. Steam has a multitude of games that do, and do it so well that there's no point in us making a competitor to them.
What we did is toss out the economic model of exploring a hidden map, having AI opponents that attempt to play the same game as the player (because they generally fail, and obviously cheat) and long build queues where you just hit "next turn" 100 times before anything significant happens. Rather than have you build a navy of spaceships and militarily conquer other simulated players, we made more of a tycoon puzzle economy. Each planet has three "exports" and you put two "imports" on them. Money is made by matching exports on one planet to imports on another, with the limitation of fuel availability, which is dependent on how upgraded each planet is.
Since we don't have simulated players to compete against, we decided on using a "creeping doom" style opponent. The enemy spreads out organically from their homeworld(s) at a pace you determine in the difficulty settings. You can, and will have to, slow their spread and defend your own planets from this steadily encroaching threat. Each enemy colony adds +1 army to their homeworld defense, so the player is encouraged to keep the enemy from growing into an impossible strength and speed of expansion by "pruning" their colonies. If your chosen win condition is to cleanse the galaxy of them entirely, you'll have to weaken them first through attrition.
We went out of the 4X realm and built in a tactical card game inspired in part by some of our favorite tabletop combat games. Morale, combined arms, and multiple possible tactics for each of the very unique units to choose from every turn. Four different enemy clans to battle, based on the four horsemen - death, war, pestilence and famine. Each has an entirely different set of units and tactics and requires a completely different battle plan to beat. War fights with brute force, while pestilence attacks with morale crushing horror weapons, and death gave up their bodies for machines and now are the unliving reapers. Currently there is no space combat or fleet building, being instead like Starship Troopers where your troops are "dropped in" and just fight the ground war. This is to keep things simple and not have two different combat systems in a game that's primarily a trading puzzle - but if Apollo4X does well, it's on the list for whatever sequel we make.
Winning the game is accomplished by either economic or military means. You can kill all the enemy homeworlds. Alternately, stockpile 300 of each market resource, or upgrade your colonies to produce a cumulative 500 "stellar network" points and colonize 20 planets. Military, economic, or expansion victory is your choice.
Finally, we allowed you maximum choice of difficulty. Tailor the game to your needs, so you feel challenged but not overwhelmed. If you think the economy could be more resistive, turn it up. If you want to not worry about enemy expansion you can weaken them, start them with less colonies, or lower rate of expansion. Or, if you really like the combat game, set the economy to easy and add all four enemy types to the map at maximum strength -- good luck with that, though. If you want to go fully casual, we even allow you to turn off economic failure, and have unlimited funds to experiment with. We, as players ourselves, lose interest in games that are too hard or too easy, so it seemed important to give the player full control of it. Since most people want to play on "average", we'll be listening to feedback about which difficulty settings are most popular and adjust the "average" levels to those trends down the road a bit.
We dared to be different in a genre full of excellent but too similar titles. If different is what you need, this is it.
48. Gachimuchi Reloaded
Show them who's the boss of this gym.St♂ryGet out of the nasty paws of Gachi in passing killing robots and whit♂ liquid. You do not have past and future. You stupid cock. All that you have a jetpack and a machine gun. Destroy them all.In Gachimuchi Reloaded you will get:
♂ Addictive gameplay.
♂ Classic 2D platformer.
♂ Сlassical music.
♂ Beautiful graphics 2♂18.
♂ Dangerous opponents.
♂ Deep immersion in a narrow tunnel.
♂ Weapons and revenge.
49. Lost Bros
In Lost Bros simultaneously control three independent characters as they travel through time to save their kidnapped friend. Gunman, Shieldman, and Swordman must cooperate with unique abilities to traverse dangerous puzzles and fight monstrous baddies. Inspired by Blizzard's The Lost Vikings and classic 80s time travel movies like Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure and Time Bandits. Ultra hard trial and error game play may test your patience.
- Various Alternate game modes that help explore the concept of controlling 3 with 1.
- Steam achievements.
- Speed Run Steam Leaderboards (separate for normal and hard difficulties).
- Nine distinct time periods that can be tackled in any order.
- Epic boss battles.
- Unique and challenging game play.
- Xbox360 controller support (recommended)
(Xbox One controller works only with the right drivers)
- 21 homemade audio tracks.
- Friendly Fire.
- Retro pixel art.
- Steep learning curve.
- Powered by Unity.
- Art, music, programming, and design all done by one person.
- Unlockables to increase character power.