The best games like 500 Years Act 1 are:
- arrow_rightDivinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition
- arrow_rightCrypt of the NecroDancer
- arrow_rightDungeon Hearts
- arrow_rightSyder Arcade
- arrow_rightOne Eyed Kutkh
- arrow_rightFaeVerse Alchemy
26 Best Games Like 500 Years Act 1:
Filter by Platform Linuxarrow_drop_down
- PC (100)
- Xbox One (12)
- PlayStation 4 (9)
- iOS (30)
- Android (19)
- macOS (57)
- Linux (41)
- Nintendo Switch (16)
- Nintendo 3DS (4)
- Nintendo DS (1)
- Xbox 360 (5)
- PlayStation 3 (5)
- PlayStation (5)
- PS Vita (6)
- Wii U (3)
- Wii (10)
- Nintendo 64 (1)
- Game Boy Advance (3)
- Game Boy Color (1)
- Game Boy (3)
- SNES (7)
- NES (10)
- Classic Macintosh (5)
- Apple II (6)
- Commodore / Amiga (22)
- Atari 7800 (1)
- Atari 2600 (1)
- Atari 8-bit (3)
- Atari ST (13)
- Genesis (8)
- SEGA Saturn (1)
- SEGA CD (3)
- SEGA Master System (5)
- Dreamcast (1)
- 3DO (1)
- Game Gear (2)
1. Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition
In the fantasy world of the game, there is a confrontation between the Order of the Sourcerers, the adepts of the magic of the "Source" and the Order of Source Hunters. Hunters believe that the Source's magic is dangerous and consider it their duty to destroy it.
At the beginning of the game, two characters are created, which the player will control. You can choose the gender, appearance, features and skills of the characters.
The game world is totally interactive. Almost all items can be transferred. For example, to make a barricade of them at the entrance. You can create strong combinations of objects. For example, tie a knife to a broomstick and get a spear.
In the game world, much is connected. If the enemy is wet, it will be harder to defeat him with a fiery spell. The player's actions also do not remain without consequences, especially immoral, such as looting and murder.
Between the characters is a dialogue. If it concerns a joint action, but the characters can not agree, the game itself will decide for them. It is interesting that the relationship in this pair can also develop in a romantic direction.
2. Crypt of the NecroDancer
Crypt of the NecroDancer is an indie roguelike game developed by Brace Yourself Games.
You control Cadence, who looks for her missing father. During the search, she falls into a crypt, where the NecroDancer steals Cadence's heart. Cadence can't do anything without following the music's beat and has to find both her heart and her father.
Crypt of the NecroDancer can be played with a dance pad, a gamepad or a keyboard. Having the Protagonists able to do anything only as the music beats makes the Crypt of the NecroDancer a rhythm roguelike game. Movement, attacking and using your items has to be planned in advance, as the player can't do anything between the beats. If the player misses the beat, no actual harm to the character is done, yet the scoring multiplier resets. The players set out to explore a procedurally generated underground dungeon.
The players can find new weapons, items, and equipment during the exploration of the dungeon. Your inventory is managed by the game. As in most roguelike games, your inventory is lost on death, yet any diamonds the players find still persists. On death, the players return to a game lobby, where they can buy permanent upgrades.
A musical action-adventure set in the recesses of the human mind... Welcome to the world of Figment. A strange and surreal world; a place filled with our deepest thoughts, urges and memories, populated by the many voices we hear in our heads.
This mind has been quiet and calm for many years. But something has changed. New thoughts have started to emerge - taking the shape of nightmarish creatures who spread fear wherever they go. The only hope is for the grumpy Dusty, the mind's former voice of courage, to get back to his old self and help the mind to face its fears.
Join Dusty and his ever-optimistic friend, Piper, on an adventure through the different sides of the mind, solving puzzles to set things straight, beating back the nightmares and seeking to restore the courage that's been lost.
Experience how traditionally hand-painted brushstrokes come to life in a world filled with surreal art, colorful illustrations and charming characters. Experience the unique artstyles of the joyful Freedom Isles, the radiant Clockwork Town and the ominous Pathways.
Music is an integral part of Figment. Explore a rhythmic environment full of trumpet trees, piano houses and singing enemies and discover how your actions influence this musical universe and its dynamic soundtrack.
Take an emotional journey to face universal human fears and help Dusty bring peace to the mind again. Overcome the Nightmares by using their dirty tricks to your advantage.
Figment offers various challenges for all kind of players. Swing your sword skillfully at the enemies, rack your brain to solve puzzles and combine the two in epic musical boss battles.
Interplanetary is a turn-based strategy artillery game based on a hard scifi setting. It offers players an interplanetary battlefield where they can develop their home planets and use massive artilleries to wage war.
It's an arms race of interplanetary scale, with each planet developing increasingly powerful weapons. Massive railgun batteries are the backbone of any interplanetary arsenal, but the cunning use of missiles and precision lasers may hold the key to victory. Strategic building patterns, upgrades and defense structures might keep your vital installations standing long enough to give you an edge, but it's only a matter of time until all but one must fall.
Sometimes, your greatest foe is the planetary system itself! Don't let the unpredictable gravitational changes get the better of you - observe your surroundings, use them to your advantage, and blast your enemies back to the stone age!Key Features
- Challenge your friends in hotseat or online matches or fight skirmishes against the AI.
- Build and manage your planet's infrastructure.
- Gather resources and decide the most efficient use for them.
- Research and develop increasingly futuristic technologies.
- Spy on your enemies to reveal their planets' weak points.
- Use your artillery constructions to aim across the planetary system, avoiding other celestial bodies and their gravity.
- Fire your railguns, missiles and beam weapons to annihilate the enemy and claim the planetary system for your civilization!
5. Dungeon Hearts
Dungeon Hearts fuses the strategy and pattern matching of puzzle games with the kinetic pace of action games. Align magical runes as they flow along the Fatestream to attack, defend, and conjure magic in frenetic battles against a bestiary of fantastic creatures out to use those same runes against you. Chain together multiple attacks and unleash powerful combos or call upon each hero's special attacks to devastate your enemies to survive the twists and turns of Dungeon Heart's evolving gameplay. Strike down all that stand in your way and level up your brave warriors as each foe grows more powerful than the last, culminating in the final battle with The Dark One himself!
"Four spirits race across the land, burdened with tragedy. Within each lies the specter of guilt and fear, which The Dark One bends to his will to enact his resurrection. They realize the deception too late as the promise of salvation turns to betrayal. A black wind washes over the planes, turning all to ash. As the fallen heroes face the engulfing void, a spark of hope clings to life. When the demon peered into their hearts to learn their secrets, so too did they learn his..."Features
- Puzzle/RPG Hybrid – Quickly align runes within the rapid match-three puzzle system to wield devastating attacks, defend against enemy offensives, and unleash multi-hero combos.
- The Fatestream – Plan your strategy under pressure with dozens of different runes linked to each hero and defend against powerful attacks and dreaded hexes cast by enemies against your heroes.
- Four Unique Heroes – Balance the individual skills of each hero and level them up to unlock and unleash a dozen different special powers for new attacks, healing magic, and time-altering spells.
- Limitless Adventure – Face a randomly generated battle sequence with every new adventure and battle against a bestiary of over 40 creatures and 7 bosses lurking around ten unique environments.
- Brimming with Secrets – Each defeated enemy reveals a sliver of the world's lore and the heroes' history.
- A Vibrant Soundscape – Unlock 4 bonus soundtracks, each in a different musical genre.
6. Syder Arcade
Killing zombies never gets old, but sometimes you just need a break.
Get back to some serious old-school gaming with Syder Arcade! Syder Arcade is a love letter to Amiga games of the ‘90s, no coins, no upgrade grinding, just your tenacity and a motherload of alien invaders.
Syder Arcade is a free scrolling, multi directional shoot 'em up, an uncompromised old-school experience, furious, challenging, and straightforward. This game will bring you back in time, when bulky starships were cool and games were about player skill and swearing madly at your computer.
7. One Eyed Kutkh
One-Eye Kutkh - an exciting space adventure based on the fairy tales of the Far North.
A single traveler on his way home crashes on a mysterious planet. To continue his journey, he'll have to get to the ninth heaven, deceive the Sun and the Moon and steal their space-boats.
- The unique graphic style
- A mix of fiction and fairy tales of the Far North
- Explore the World Tree
- Two playable characters
- The game tells its story through the action
- Interesting and simple puzzles for everyone: from child to elder
One Eye Kutkh is an experimental project, something in between video game, theatrical performance and an animated film. But most importantly, One-Eye Kutkh is a unique world filled with the atmosphere of the Northern myths. The challenge of the game lies not within obstacles that prevent the player from moving forward, but within the possibility to see the world through the eyes of his heroes.
We will be happy if you give our game an hour of your time and are grateful if you tell us about your impressions, good or bad.
If you liked "One Eyed Kutkh" and you'd like to support developers you can do that by buying DLC. Here's a list of what you'll get for purchasing it:
- Two digital art books showcasing concept art (44 pages), in-game art (32 pages) and scans from design notebook (80 pages).
- Original music soundtrack consists of 6 original and one bonus track, a total of 15 minutes.
- Desktop backgrounds.
8. FaeVerse Alchemy
FaeVerse Alchemy is an engaging and challenging puzzle game where you combine three or more of one kind of element to form a single piece of a higher quality element.
This game is in Early Access, and is not yet complete. Most of what we have publicly available will still evolve over time.
Features currently available to play:
Chaos Mode - All items can drop, random equipment on start.
Infinity Mode - It is impossible to ever end.
Puzzle Mode - Complete unique puzzle layouts.
Pure Mode - No items are able to drop.
Versus Mode - Play PVP or COOP with a friend locally.
Abyss Mode - Take on the daily challenge where if two people on different computers make the exact same moves they will get the same exact game.
Explore Mode - Go to different FaeVerse worlds and their locations, complete goals, and unlock more.
If you have any questions feel free to ask in our forum.
9. Polandball: Can into Space!
Your main objective is to help Polandball here! Break through Earth's atmosphere and reach for the Moon to prove other countryballs once and for all they were wrong and conquer the final frontier!
This is not going to be an easy task as you have a huge target on your back!
Crazy Features - KURWA!!!
- Upgrade Polandball's Rocket
Build a strategy on how you will conquer the space! You have to choose between 56 items
- 33 perks to enhance your rocket
Choose wisely before you spend your money
- Bad language
Lots of Kurwas and lots of deaths
- Rare Memes
They are rare but you will found them...eventually
- 25 countryballs enemies with different behavior and AI
Learn about each country. Learn their behavior. Learn how to avoid them.
- Create your own countryballs.
This will affect your game strategy
- Collect coins, fuel, burgers and magnets
You will do anything to survive in space!
- Amazing End Movie for fans who finish the game
For die hard fans
10. JASEM: Just Another Shooter with Electronic Music
Do you need any reason to shoot your enemies in game? Because JASEM doesn't give you one - just you, your weapons, crazy beats and enemies. And you need to shoot every one of them, and it's up to you to make it the most hilarious and explosive way.
So, JASEM: Just Another Shooter With Electronic music - is:
- Whirlwind gameplay;
- Gunfight non-stop;
- Fighting enemies, no dancing around their slow bullets;
- Juicy low-poly effects;
- Crazy physics - you can do improvized stealth or create shortcuts;
- Epic Bosses;
- No story, narrative and even texts at all (except of seizure warning, because, you know, if you know the way of warning about it with no text, pls let me know).
Taking into account the last item, here is the perfect place for game credits:
- Game design, programming, bugs creation and a lot of stuff you don't want to know about - Stas Shostak;
- Music: Ira Lobanok;
- 3D-models: Aleksandr Palmov;
- Testing, creative help, insulting of devs and other invaluable help - Max Efimov, Sergey Mozharovskiy and other awesome guys.
11. Story Of the Survivor
What will you do when world collapse? Follow the story of Thomas, one of last humans on earth as he try to survive in zombie infested the world. Use robust crafting system to create whatever you may need on your journey. But don't forget zombies aren't the only thing you should watch out for.
CRAFTING SYSTEM. COOKING SYSTEM. 38 playable WEAPONS. 3 playable CHARACTERS
If you're a fan of The Walking Dead or other zombie-related media, then this is the game for you!
12. The Away Team
You are the AI in charge of Earth's final interstellar spaceship, tasked with delivering your human crew to a suitable new home among the stars. The fate of previous ships is unknown--with a set of galactic maps to guide you, it's your job to decide which planets to visit, which crew to send down to the surface, and which choices they should make along the way. You are humanity's last hope.
Your choice matters!
Each of ten possible crew members has a distinct set of attributes, traits and flaws that will impact your chances, so choose wisely! With over 30 planets and stations to visit, over 700 choices to make, and near-infinite randomized sector maps to visit, there are countless paths to take across the galaxy.
A novel's worth of adventure!
Over 85,000 words of text across multiple playthroughs provide a rich storyline full of action, suspense, drama and horror. Can you find your way down all four paths to victory?
Lua-based missions and json-based data files make writing and scripting your own characters and missions simple. Write yourself into the game, or include your friends and see who survives.
Eat your crew
Food and fuel are hard to come by in deep space. Choose wisely but quickly in charting your course--when supplies run out, tough decisions will be in store, and cannibalism might be the only option...
- Jeter 79
- Star Class: G
- Object Type: Planet
- Object Mass: Terran
- Surface Temp: -10 Celsius
- Atmosphere: ~17% Oxygen
- Gravity: 8.34 m/s2
- Habitability: 62.77%
"There's some sort of energy signature down there," you tell the crew as the shuttle closes in on the surface. "It's not entirely clear what it is, but it's well worth checking out, even if this place doesn't exactly look like home."
The signal is not steady, whatever it is; it pulses, and the readings from the shuttle sensors rise and fall as it maneuvers between mountaintops and crumbling old buildings. When the shuttle breaks into a clearing at the center of the city, however, the signal becomes more steady. It's clearly coming from below the ground, directly underneath a spindly tower or statue of some sort that straddles the entire clearing.
[ Plenty of places to land--take your pick ]
The streets of what was once a city are overgrown with scraggly red and black plants, tangled vines and scary looking thorn bushes, but there's ample room amongst the flora for a safe landing.
"Sensors are clearly detecting life below the surface," you say. "It's impossible to tell what. It's organic, it's mobile. That's about all I know. Probably not a plant, but no way to be sure. Could be intelligent, could be dangerous, especially since you're not armed. If you get into trouble, immediately run back to the shuttle."
LEADERNAME opens the shuttle door and the crew heads out into the clearing. The undergrowth here is about shin deep, but despite the scary looking thorns you're confident that an atmospheric suit will be able to withstand whatever it comes into contact with.
Beneath the razor grass and thorny weeds is a quite flat and sturdy surface, apparently made of some sort of stone reinforced with metal rebar based on your scans. Clearly artificial, but then the buildings and giant metal tower already gave that away. There are hollow spaces below, but they're more tunnel than cavern.
There are still no better readings on whatever non-plant life forms might be down there. Perhaps the crew will be able to avoid contact entirely. That would be ideal. If you had breath, you wouldn't be holding it, however.
13. 12 Labours of Hercules VI: Race for Olympus
This time, Hercules and Megara are involved in the detective story. Alarm at Olympus is showing the absence of Zeus, who rarely left the peak. A few clues reveal the fact that Zeus has been abducted. Hercules and Megara begin the investigation. The snowy peaks are cold as hell, so the first thing will be to get dressed according to season.
The game introduces new landscapes, underwater levels, ice skating workers, volcano, funny puzzles, and many more.
- Stunning full HD graphics
- Volcano, winter, tropical, and underwater levels
- Outstanding detective story based on ancient myths
- Day/night change!
For all game players we'll offer a bunch of adorable collection of collectible items - 7 trading cards, 4 backgrounds and 5 amazing emoticons!
14. Orbit HD
Embark on a journey through the depths of space, and uncover an ancient legend.
In Orbit, you play a small comet, hurtling between planets to a backdrop of procedurally generated nebulae and star clusters. A realistic gravity system is at the core, allowing players to have as much, or as little input as desired, watching while their comet flies into unpredictable new orbit patterns.
• Explore the cosmos as a comet, orbiting planets with a realistic gravity system.
• Blast through portals and warps in space and time.
• Unlock new skins and skills to make your comet stronger and faster.
• Explore 5 pockets of space spread over 40 levels.
• Unearth an ancient tale by collecting strange objects known as Matter.
• Marvel at procedurally generated nebulae and star clusters.
• Explore at your leisure in the relaxing Drift mode.
15. Energy Invasion
Energy Invasion - an arcade game inspired by the classic Breakout. Unlike the original game, your ball does not break blocks on its own, but can launch missiles in a chosen direction. The game is designed for a controller, but the ability to control with the keyboard and mouse is also present.
- A lot of bonuses (both useful and harmful)
- Bright graphic effects
- Levels with dangerous enemies
- Soundtrack from Nick R 61 (19 tracks in the game and 7 bonus-tracks, available separately)
- 25 levels in "Invasion" mode, 25 levels in "Linear" mode, ∞ levels in "Endless" mode
16. The Secret Order 5: The Buried Kingdom
After the Griffin Order banned time travel, Sarah decided to take some time off. While enjoying her rest, she received a surprise invitation from her childhood friend and fellow explorer, Julie. A thrilling quest leading to a mythical buried kingdom is about to begin!
REVEAL THE SECRETS OF THE LEGENDARY BURIED KINGDOM!
After Sarah Pennington's last mission, the Griffin Order decided to destroy all time travelling devices and permanently ban time travel. This gives Sarah an opportunity to take some time off and reconnect with family and her old friend, Julie.
MEET DROI, YOUR PERSONAL DRAGON SIDEKICK!
A renowned explorer, Julie has discovered the location of the legendary Buried Kingdom! She wants Sarah to accompany on her quest to reach it.
DEFEAT THE SINISTER DRAGON CLAN!
What should be a happy reunion between friends quickly turns into a life-or-death mission when the Dragon Clan, which possess a strange power hidden in the darkest depths of the sea, kidnap Julie!
TEST YOURSELF IN 34 MINIGAMES AND 18 HIDDEN OBJECT SCENES!
Now it's up to Sarah and her cute little helper to search the kingdom for answers and find a way to save her dearest friend!
Features Enter the Dragon's Lair!
Explore 38 atmospheric hand-painted locations!
Meet larger than life characters!
Solve 34 challenging minigames!
Befriend an adorable dragon!
Collect every dragon egg!
Save the Buried Kingdom in the bonus game!
17. Miaou Moon
Miaou Moon is a physic based, survival plateformer... with limited moves!
Take a unique spin on the genre: when limited controls are key to your gameplay and you're insure which direction to go, you'll definitely feel lost in deep space - just like our unfortunate hero Captain Miaou. Fear not, soon enough you'll learn to anticipate your moves, toy with gravity and take advantage of your speed momentum to achieve some awesome epic moves.Key Features
- Sense of exploration - The wonder of discovery keeps growing, with hidden items and shortcuts lurking around nooks and corners that are scattered in huge diversified levels. Who knows what you'll encounter next? You'll be kept on your toes, waiting to release gas or attack at the proper time.
- An epic journey - Miaou Moon is also a survival game where you have a limited amount of energy available for your moves. You constantly need to refuel by eating scattered food. The gameplay adds layers of depth: lose all energy and you'll die, eat too much and you'll die! To this, add the fact that your size changes based on your energy level, which allows you to shrink into narrow paths or grow stronger and deal more damage.
- Multiple goals to achieve - There are so many ways to feel rewarded even after completing levels: try beating the highest scores online, find enough hidden energy cells to reach the next moon, collect tools to unlock new cool catsuit powers, and more! With tons of levels and five moons that challenge your gameplay with different physical proprieties, you're up for a long run for survival.
- Clean and fresh graphic theme - To lighten up this high difficulty - Miaou Moon features bright cartoonish graphics with fun animations and silly humor where propulsion looks as if your your cat farts around. You'll often find yourself smiling and swearing at the same time with unexpected outcomes or overjoyed once you start mastering your trajectories.
18. Eon Fleet
Eon empire is back! And now you have to get in your spaceship and defend your homeplanet against whole Eon Fleet!
Eon Fleet is a simple, yet fun and challenging space shooter with huge amount of enemies from spaceships to asteroids and space mines.
Simple and fun arcade gameplay
Two different modes - campaign and endless mode.
Different powerups and enemies
19. It's time to get out from the solar system
Solar System, 2908
But as always...
The sun is rapidly aging... It began to grow 600 years ago.
Scientists slightly miscalculated... In a few billion years.
People moved to the space stations orbiting planets.
At close orbits are civilized space cities.
On the distant orbits live criminals, pirates, and other rabble.
The cities are overpopulated; the level of living is low.
Constant attacks by pirates do not make life better.
It's time to get out from the solar system...
Do you love space themes? Excellent! Do you love hardcore shooters? Even better. I have something to offer you.
I present to you a fascinating excursion in the solar system of the future.
A game with a futuristic anti-utopian story — a hardcore shooter with RPG elements.
Destroy enemy ships, collect money, improve your ship, and fight with the bosses.
Your goal is to fly away from dying solar system in search of a better life.
20. Ricks Hunter
Metamorfose S is a 2D action-adventure game with RPG elements.
This is a game done in metroidvania style, with different levels, equipment, spells, a drop system, and a huge map to explore the further you progress your abilities during the game.
In Metamorfose S you take control of Sebastian, an experiment created by Gerry, the scientist.
Gerry created many intelligent species, but one specimen manage to escape and then released all the others to join forces against the humans. Sebastian was the only exception, who remained asleep.
It is possible to craft your own equipment with materials dropped by enemies.
Because he was made only to kill, Sebastian has orders to exterminate all rogue rebel species. These orders were given by Gerry, who had predicted that they could escape.
- 2D Metroidvania Style Gameplay
- Good Variety of Items and Equipments
- Selectable Spells
- Enemy Loot System
- Map With Progress in Percentage
- Simple Item Crafting System
- Character Leveling System
- Steam Achievements
- Steam Collectible Cards
- Xbox 360/One Controller Support
21. Crongdor the Barbarian
In a time before time, out of the mist-cloaked North came the barbarians!
Come to pillage the shadow-haunted temples of the wicked cults of civilisation.
The barbarians were grim, brutal men, with thickly corded muscles.
They spoke in a barking tongue, and were proficient with long sword and javelin.
Let me tell you the tale of the strongest and most valiant of the barbarians.
His name made the mightiest tyrants quake on their thrones.
This is the tale of Crongdor - barbarian, raider, thief!Features
- Lop off heads, skewer with javelins, and furiously hammer your way through 8 hectic temples.
- Heavy metal theme music from Hornanvasara!
- Entire physics module written for bouncing, rolling decapitated heads.
- Survive dart traps, crushing boulders, and warlock ambushes.
- Topple temple pillars like dominoes with your god-gifted maul.
- Extremely difficult - only true barbarians need apply.
- Wipe the guts off your screen!
- Game progression is casual - an attempt to unlock the next temple takes a few minutes ... but you may need many, many attempts.
- Make your own custom maps full of traps and secrets using our map editor.
- Full C++ / OpenGL source code package.
We are very happy to help you pull the game apart and explain how it was made, and what some of the lessons learned, design decisions, and insights from the project were. If you're interested in programming games from the ground up in C or C++, distributing for multiple platforms, or programming OpenGL computer graphics, or just curious about how the "guts" of these things look, then you will enjoy following along and chatting with us. We will most likely try a combination of written, video, stream, and forum content. We've kept the game really easy to mod, so if you want to replace the art, make new enemies or maps you can do so. You will of course have access to the source code, warts and all, so you can see how it was done and modify it.
22. Rocket Wars
Rocket Wars is a fast-paced local multiplayer game for up to 4 players!
The game features crazy weapons, lots of powerups and several game modes.
Rocket Wars is the go-to party game when you have people over and are looking for fast and furious pvp battles!
In Rocket Wars you take control of a spaceship with different strengths and weaknesses and proceed to do all in your power to kill your enemies.
- 12 different spaceships, all with a unique look and stats
- Exciting game modes of which most can be played both as free for all and 2 versus 2:
- Nuke King
- Entangled (2v2 only)
- Quick competitive gameplay sessions packed with action
- Titles for all at the end, both good and bad
The game also features AI opponents to fill the lasts slots if you are less than 4 people playing.
Rocket Wars is designed to be a party game you can play with any of your friends when you hang out and need to determine who is superior!
We recommend playing Rocket Wars with controllers for the best experience.
23. Horizon Shift '81
Horizon Shift '81 is an explosive wave based single screen shooter (shmups) with a real Retro feel to it. You can even play the game in Tate screen mode!
The player controls a ship in the centre of the screen, enemies approach from the top and bottom and the player is able to switch up and down to deal with the encroaching hoard.
Different enemies react differently when they reach the horizon, some sit on the horizon, some destroy sections of the horizon and some run up and down the horizon. The player is equipped with a dash attack where they can knock enemies off the horizon and smash them into other incoming enemies for a score bonus. Dashing an enemy of the line refills the dash metre allowing for ‘Dash chaining’, this is where the big points are scored.
The player is also able to jump (jumping upside down is an interesting new challenge) and is equipped with a bomb which wipes the screen of enemies as well as restoring the horizon.
"...It's also an exceptional sequel that not only improves on the original, but fully realizes the potential of its killer gimmick." A- Defunct games
“I went into this game with high hopes, and they were all met. I didn’t come across a single thing I didn’t like.” - 9/10 - The Insatiable Gamer
"...if you have the itch for some old-school arcade blast-em-up fun, Horizon Shift '81 is a great way to feed that craving." - 8/10 - The Sixth Axis
"This is one of the most charming takes on the shmup genre yet." - 8/10 - Cubed3
"...if you’re into shoot-em-ups and enjoy a good challenge, and particularly if you have a soft spot for retro games and indie games, the incredibly well-together package presented by “Horizon Shift ’81” is a compelling one..." - 8.2/10 - Infinite Frontiers
24. The Fifth Expedition
In the 100 years after the end of the world, the survivors and their descendants have settled in and around old, but still functional, production facilities for food and shelter.
When one of these ancient machines breaks down, the community that had settled around it sends out expeditions into the unexplored depths of the facility to try and bring it to life again.
The first 4 of these expeditions have never been heard from again, and the machine continues to stay silent.
Now, with barely any manpower or equipment left, the fifth expedition is the communities last hope for survival.
As the leader of the Fifth Expedition, you will have to overcome the dangers within the machine and guide your team of explorers safely through its treacherous depths.
- Tactical Exploration - Control up to 5 individual characters at once in real time and lead them to their goal.
- Random Map Generator - Never see the same map twice, Every area is full of interactive & destructible environments.
- Challenging Gameplay - Numerous traps, enemies and dangers have to be overcome in order to survive.
- Survival - Decisions and their outcome have lasting consequences with permanent death and persistent injuries for characters.
- Loads of Items - Several dozen different items to find and craft, each bringing a new possible solution to problems, each customizable through upgrades.
- Character Advancement - Every character has their own unique strengths and weaknesses and can be leveled up and customized.
- Player Abilities - Interact directly with the world, your characters or their enemies with your own, powerful abilities that can be unlocked and upgraded.
- Alternate Play mode - Either play a campaign mode with a definitive end, or compete in the leaderboards for how far you can go before you die.