The best games like 50 years are:
- arrow_rightKingdom Rush
- arrow_rightAdVenture Communist
- arrow_rightSwag and Sorcery
- arrow_rightBraveland Wizard
- arrow_rightHome Behind
- arrow_rightEpic Clicker Journey
- arrow_rightRebuild 3: Gangs of Deadsville
- arrow_rightCrookz - The Big Heist
25 Best Games Like 50 years:
Filter by Platform iOSarrow_drop_down
- PC (100)
- Xbox One (15)
- PlayStation 4 (24)
- iOS (62)
- Android (41)
- macOS (89)
- Linux (45)
- Nintendo Switch (20)
- Nintendo 3DS (11)
- Nintendo DS (9)
- Nintendo DSi (1)
- Xbox 360 (9)
- Xbox (1)
- PlayStation 3 (14)
- PlayStation 2 (5)
- PlayStation (7)
- PS Vita (10)
- PSP (4)
- Wii U (6)
- Wii (6)
- GameCube (3)
- Nintendo 64 (2)
- Game Boy Advance (1)
- Game Boy Color (2)
- Game Boy (1)
- SNES (1)
- NES (1)
- Classic Macintosh (3)
- Apple II (2)
- Commodore / Amiga (11)
- Atari 5200 (2)
- Atari 2600 (2)
- Atari 8-bit (2)
- Atari ST (4)
- Genesis (2)
- SEGA Saturn (1)
- SEGA Master System (1)
- Dreamcast (1)
- Web (1)
1. Kingdom Rush
Kingdom Rush is a tower defense game, the first installment in Kingdom Rush series. The game was initially released as a flash game by Armor Games but later received ports for iOS, Android, Windows, and Linux.
The gameplay of Kingdom Rush shares many similarities with other tower-defense games. On each level, you have to defeat your town from waves of enemies crawling across the map.
To do so, you place towers which automatically attack enemies that get in their range of attack. There four types of towers in Kingdom Rush: Ranged Towers, Melee Towers, Mage Towers, and Artillery Towers. Ranged Towers shoot arrows at any enemy that gets in their sight. Melee Towers spawn troops that march towards enemies and engage in close combat. Mage Towers fire magic bolt that is especially effective against armored enemies. Artillery Towers are the slowest and the most expensive ones, but they deal much damage and can hit several enemies with one shot. Aside from placing towers, a player can use special abilities such as meteor strikes that directly damage any emeries on the map.
There are 12 levels in the primary campaign and several extra levels that can be unlocked after beating the game. Additionally, there is an Endless mode with one map that lets player stand against infinite waves of enemies for as long as they can.
2. AdVenture Communist
Welcome friend, to AdVenture Communist! The world’s fairest communism simulator!
Grow your modest potato farm into a spudding colony, then expand your industries across the brother land! Invest shocking amounts of resources into elite factories and science experiments to increase your production!
Communism never sleeps and neither will your progress, as your workers will go the extra mile to fuel your industries 24/7. It’s so simple, even a Capitalist could do it!
It’s time to show the ruling class what you’re made of. Start your farm to factory adventure today - Only in AdVenture Communist!
Peace, Land, and Potatoes!
3. Swag and Sorcery
Welcome to Swag and Sorcery, a new streamlined RPG from the creators of Punch Club and Graveyard Keeper! Build your own fantasy village, train and equip your heroes and send them out to collect Swag!
4. Braveland Wizard
The same old school turn-based strategy game is back - welcome to Braveland Wizard! The graduate of the Academy of Magic is ready for new adventures. Her journey begins high in the mountains and passes through the southern lands, populated by orcs, ghosts, and mysterious nomads.
- New hero - Wizard
- An entire set of unique battles with unexpected surprises
- Dungeons for random battles and worthy rewards
- Piles of stylish artifacts
- Three schools of pure battle magic
- A talent tree that changes the nature of battle
- A brave team of combat allies: monk, ice archer, elementalist, and many more
- A hand-drawn game world with a huge waterfall
- And, last but not least, three cunning bosses
Braveland Wizard is the second book of Braveland series.
5. Home Behind
In Home Behind, you take on the role of a refugee cast out from your homeland by a band of rebels. Your home and the peace you enjoyed has been destroyed, and your family has disappeared. Can you survive the struggle, famine, and sickness to make it to the safety of Europe?
The thoughts of civil war had been brewing in your homeland for years, and the violence has finally erupted. In the chaos, your village was burned to the ground, and your daughter disappeared. When faced with death, you chose to survive and to overcome the difficulties of disease, war, and famine. Can you make it long enough to be reunited with your daughter?
- All events and experiences you come across are randomly generated, so no play through is exactly the same!
- Keep track of your mood, nutrition, and water levels while avoiding terrible diseases!
- Take on the ultimate struggle of survival as your travel 1500 kilometers to safety.
- Unlock all 15 jobs, each with their own special starting skills, items and rewards.
- Experience tons of random events both in the outside world and indoors, and be the master of your destiny.
- Survive both day and night, as well as random weather events.
- Collect hundreds of items and craft your own weapons and armor.
- Explore the limits of crafting and upgrading to forge the strongest gear.
- Try loads of food to stay alive and cook your own meals Lizards Insects Braised beef.
- Explore a world inspired by real events and real stories.
- Fight a wide range of enemies, including wild beasts and rebel soldiers. Can you survive attacks from all your enemies and extremely difficult bosses?
6. Epic Clicker Journey
Experience your epic journey. Discover 20 mysterious lands and face the monsters living out there. Gather items and go through training that will allow you to develop your character and increase effectiveness in battle. Force defeated monsters to help you during the mission. Meet the bravest warriors and together conquer the most dangerous lands. Show that you are persistent traveler and held your adventure, even in the toughest conditions.
20 lands are ready to be discovered, each of them has its own unique rules. Expect inexplicable phenomena on a daily basis. It is not everything! Specific environment, weather conditions and exceptionally mild pH of the soil is truly made to promote evil - that is why traversing across the lands is so dangerous. Be careful, scary monsters are to be found at every step. But…what cannot be done to save the world!
In each of the lands you will encounter powerful opponents. Do not hesitate to use all available means. Fight bravely to get the treasure that is closely guarded by enemies.
Become the gallant warrior. Collect gold and buy awesome upgrades to your weapons, armor or shield and build your frightening appearance among your enemies.
Do not miss out on the chance to find legendary items and use it against your enemies. Some of them are magical, others more mundane, but surely all worth checking out.
Countless legends came to exist in fog-shrouded lands. They have origin in the bloodiest and most terrifying monsters. Before embarking on your journey, be sure to gather your team. Remember, united we stand, divided we fall!
7. Rebuild 3: Gangs of Deadsville
It's been a few years since the zombpocalypse turned the world's cities into graveyards and sent the few survivors into hiding. Now you must gather them up and restore civilization to a ruined city, one building at a time.
Rebuild 3 is a strategy sim game with a good helping of narrative and dark humor. It's a thoughtful game that'll make you fond of your survivors before you send them to their deaths for the greater good. As you expand your fort to new buildings, you'll decide between farms or fortifications, housing or hospitals, and make tough decisions to fend off raiders, illness, starvation, and madness. And the dead are still out there wandering the streets, hungrier than ever.
Rebuild 3: Gangs of Deadsville is the third of my Rebuild series, and the first one available on Steam. It's a totally new, much bigger game than the first two.Features
- 4X style strategy and city (re)building
- Endless replayability with randomized cities and events
- Survivors with individual skills, perks, relationships, and stories
- Rival NPC forts with their own agendas, friendly or otherwise
- Campaign Mode, a journey through cities of increasing size and difficulty
- Strategic fort defense and interactive attacks
- Play in either real-time or turn-based mode
- 5 skills: defense, leadership, scavenging, building, engineering
- 10 resources and one-use items to find or craft
- 30 missions: scavenge for food, kill zombies, farm, fish, trade, bartend...
- 35 node research tree
- 50 building types with unique uses and/or scavengeable resources
- 70 types of equipment to find
- 100 survivor perks: Melee Training, Green Thumb, Light Sleeper...
- 200,000 words of event text - enough to fill two novels
- Desktop version of Rebuild 1 (previously only available in browsers)
- Desktop version of Rebuild 2 (including "winter" mobile content)
- 5 bonus professions for your main leader
- 5 corresponding unique items
- PDF artbook
8. Crookz - The Big Heist
It’s the 1970’s: the era of Funk, flared jeans and disco-fueled Saturday nights. A crack team of expert thieves turn Grand Larceny into an art-form by using their many talents to break into the richest homes and steal the finest jewelry - all to finance their hedonistic lifestyles. That is until a lucrative museum heist in Venice involving a famous gem known as ‘Luna Stone’ ends in betrayal and the team broken apart. Five years later the remaining gang members reunite with a plot for revenge against their traitorous former comrade – but naturally, their plan will also make them rich beyond their wildest dreams…
Crookz - The Big Heist is a tactical strategy game set in the funky 1970’s with a slick and groovy atmosphere. Show off the art of thieving by plotting stylish heists and robberies; utilizing espionage and quick-thinking to avoid detection. Implement a successful strategy by assembling and kitting out your team before the job and planning the best way in.Features
- Diverse and thrilling Single player campaign.
- 18 extensive missions set in a colorful and stylish 70’s setting.
- Customize your gang of thieves with up to six playable characters. The powerful bruiser makes a good hatchet man, while the lockpicker is responsible for the finishing touches.
- Kit out your team with all manner of elaborate tools: like camera jammers, chloroform or explosive charges.
- Test your skills under tough conditions in Challenge Mode by unlocking new heists and competing for the ultimate highscore against other players.
- Unique gameplay mixes quick-thinking with in-depth strategy.
9. PAKO 2
"Get in, get out, get paid."
PAKO 2 is an arcade driving game where you explore vast cities as a getaway driver, perform robberies with your crew and shoot twin-stick style while escaping the law.
Successful getaways reward you money which can be used to buy upgrades, guns, items, new rides and locations.
- Single player drive-by shooting action
- Pick up crew members and transport them into destinations
- Partial 2-player support: Player2 can shoot while Player1 drives
- Handcrafted levels full of detail
- Upgradeable cars with skill points
- Various guns and special perk items
- Survival challenges
- Bonus tasks to achieve
- Pumping soundtrack by DKSTR
- Leaderboards to compete
10. Avernum 3: Ruined World
The conclusion to our hit indie fantasy trilogy! Avernum 3: Ruined World is an epic, indie fantasy role-playing adventure with many hours of gameplay. Explore an enormous world that evolves as time passes. Towns are destroyed. Refugees flee. Disasters happen.
Your people long to escape from their underworld prison, but the surface world is being destroyed. Fight plagues of bizarre monsters and win your freedom. Enjoy an intricate tactical battle system with multitudes of abilities, character traits, and unique magical artifacts.Avernum 3: Ruined World features:
- Epic fantasy adventure with over 60 hours of gameplay. Explore an enormous underworld and a huge surface continent.
- Rich game system with over 60 spells and battle disciplines and a multitude of beneficial character traits to choose from.
- Well over 100 towns and dungeons, which change as time passes. Cities crumble as the monster plagues advance.
- Fight to save the world. Or don’t! Do odd jobs. Be a bounty hunter or merchant. Buy a house.
- Unique races and settings make Avernum different from any adventure out there.
- Over 100 side quests and hundreds of magical artifacts.
The story of Avernum 3 is self-contained, and previous experience with Avernum games isn't required.
11. Drive on Moscow
Drive on Moscow: War in the Snow, a strategy game from the award-winning makers of Battle of the Bulge, invites you to take command of the pivotal battle of World War II!
Defend the homeland as the Soviets, or lead a bold push to seize the Soviet capital as the Axis.
As commander, direct your troops across a detailed campaign map, capturing territory and planning strategies. You must overcome your opponent, vast distances, and extreme weather to achieve victory.
Thanks to the impulse based turn system, you'll activate individual sectors: choose wisely, time is of the essence and correct timing is crucial to win the campaign.
Featuring turn-based gameplay and an award-winning UI design, Drive on Moscow sports wonderfully direct gameplay. Play online, face-to-face or against challenging AI opponents. With accessible rules, Drive on Moscow is a great wargame experience for casual and veteran players alike.
- Play as the Soviets or the Axis across three scenarios and the full campaign Command tanks, cavalry, infantry, airborne and more
- Revolutionary impulse based turn and activation system
- Play against multiple distinct AI opponents tailored for each scenario
- Online play is better than ever with enhanced chat features, tournament system, Live PBEM and more opponent information
- Experience Russian winter on a dynamic map that changes with the weather
- Replay entire games to see every move and savor your triumphs
- New leaderboards and stats let you compete on a global scale
- Learn with the tutorial and quick start guide, or visit our online strategy forums to learn from other players
- Full rules are included for advanced players Includes extensive historical photos and commentary
- Designed by Ted Raicer, award-winning designer of Paths of Glory
12. Clouds & Sheep 2
Everyone’s favorite fluffy flock is back – and it’s livelier than ever!
In this eagerly anticipated sequel of the game “Clouds & Sheep”, the cute sheep are finally on the loose again! Solve countless quests and fulfill your wooly friends’ needs. Plant grass, flowers, trees and shear your animals’ different-colored wool to stock up your resources! Collect happy stars, harvest wood and flower petals and use them to provide your flock with food, accessories, toys and more! Control the clouds and make it rain to ensure your sheep never run out of fresh water to drink. If your sheep feel happy and content, they’ll bring tiny lambs into the world!
Every single animal is asking for your attention! The fluffy balls of wool love to be entertained. Make your sheep jump and use different toys like the trampoline, the seesaw and the swing to actively play with them! Watch your pets interact with each other and observe their reactions to the objects you give to them! Customize your flock’s pasture with fun objects and choose between different settings like the Wild West or Pirate scenery. Watch your flock run around by day and sleep by the cozy campfire at night. Do everything you can to keep your sheep happy and healthy to prevent them from becoming big, cottony clouds in the sky.
✔ Awesome sequel of the top game “Clouds & Sheep”
✔ Go on an epic adventure to find the legendary Fountain of Youth!
✔ Simulation game with adorable sheep
✔ Take care of your flock
✔ Raise sweet little lambs
✔ Actively play with your animals
✔ Give them many different items and objects
✔ Grow and harvest various resources
✔ Shear your sheep
✔ Customize their pasture
✔ Control the weather
✔ Day-night cycle
✔ Open-ended game set in a 3D world
✔ Suitable for kids, but also fun for the whole family
✔ Optimized for Steam Controller
13. Lightning: D-Day
This 1 on 1 card game recreates the drama of the day Allied soldiers went ashore in occupied France, 6 June 1944. Each of the historic landing beaches - Sword, Juno, Gold, Omaha and Utah - is represented by its own card, as are the defending German divisions and attacking Allied units. The Allies must marshal their resources to gain and secure control of as many beaches as they can by day's end: a run-through of the 110-card deck.
However, the Axis has the starting advantage; the Allies need to avoid being caught dead in the water. Although most units are preassigned to a beach, each game is won or lost by the placement of cards that provide additional forces or support. Not only is the state of each beach important to consider for these decisions, but also the geography of the coastline - after a beach has been won, the victorious forces can flank adjacent beaches. Both players must always be thinking ahead, looking for ways to best utilise their cards down the line.
- Play as the Axis or Allies.
- Cross-platform online play.
- Play solo vs AI.
- 2 player hot seat multiplayer.
- A faithful conversion of the original card game.
14. Defense Of Greece TD
A game of the genre "Tower Defense".
Colorful graphics, exciting story, captivating gameplay!
Excellent combination of the ancient Greece era, steam powered engines and mechanized robots will keep you interested.
Build powerful tools, plan defense strategy, level up from rookie to general!
Grand battles with swarms of units on every level.
Many tactics and varying levels of difficulty.
Available upgrades and improvements for weapons and artillery.
- Surprising storyline!
- More 60 levels on 4 islands, several levels of difficulty
- Ancient Greek setting in conjunction with the steam powered machines and robots
- 14 enemy types (including infantry, mechanized, air, sea)
- 4 types of combat towers with upgrade possibilities
- 5 types of mechanisms that will affect the performance of your combat towers and can be upgraded
- Exciting quests
- Ability to intervene in the battle using grenades, Tribolo, and lightning
- English, German, French and Russian languages
Over 2 million players can't be wrong!
You are Rick Guiver, a reckless coast guard rescue helicopter pilot. A terrible oilrig catastrophe has happened in the coast! Against your superiors' orders and better judgement you jump in your helicopter and fly to the danger zone! There's no time to lose, save as many people as you can!
Choppa is a tiny physics-based arcade & action game with awesome pixel art and 1980’s style rock music. Fly through randomly generated stages and save as many people as possible - just don't let your choppa explode or fall to the sea! Purchase new helicopters, upgrade armor, engines and rescue gear and complete challenging missions while aiming for the top score. Includes a new survival mode, exclusive choppas, Steam achievements, leaderboards and trading cards.
* Physics-based salvation simulation
* Procedurally generated stages with tricky obstacles
* Nostalgic 1980’s vibe with awesome rock music and big explosions
* Hand-made pixel-art graphics
* Lots of unlockable choppas
* Bunch of fun missions
Ever wonder what ULTIMATE KID POWER is truly capable of? Experience a homemade and hand-cranked winter pinball adventure, sending your behemoth snow spheres through a bobsled maze of snowbanks, homemade wooden paddles, Tesla coils, igloos, railcars and more... .. .
... . . .. .... . .
- Detailed 16-bit styled pixel art.
- A more "discovery-based" approach to pinball. Learn the secret rules of the board to access hard to reach places and rack up HUGE SCORE BONUSES, which are generally agreed to be more important than any other current event in the real world.
- A laid back, holiday-inspired soundtrack.. . . . ..chilled-out piano and chip tune jazz.. . .
Imbroglio is a carefully crafted puzzle game that takes basic sokoban mechanic and turns it into a series of unexpectedly brain-melting puzzles.
The game features over 40 puzzles scattered across 7 diverse and stylized worlds. Every new world adds something new to the gameplay and combines it with already familiar game mechanics.
Even though the game is based on sokoban, puzzles are not about just pushing boxes around. Each puzzle is unique and communicates a new idea. Which you, as a player, need to explore to find the solution.
If you're up for some challenging puzzles and atmospheric worlds, then this is a game for you!
18. Micro Miners
'Micro Miners' is an extremely addictive idle game where the player earns in-game credits to use on pets and upgrades to your world. The art style of 'Micro Miners' is very unique and makes achieving new pet unlocks very satisfying!
You will find yourself playing this game for hours working towards the ultimate goal of achieving all of the pet unlocks.
• Player energy system
• Player health system
• Economy / Credit system
• Player mining upgrades
• Player animations
• Pet animations
• Relaxing ambient sounds
• Automatic data saving
There will be consistent updates to make the game as enjoyable as possible for you. I would love to hear feedback on how your experience could be improved.
19. Stop Santa - Tower Defense
Developer Notes:Stop Santa was created as part of personal experiment in making small, fun games in a short amount of time. Since this is my first published game as a solo indie, feedback will help to steer the direction and improvements over time. Please contact me via Twitter or forums if you want a specific feature implemented or simply to say hello. Thank you for the support!Gameplay:
This is a classic tower defense game with a holiday theme twist. It's a fun way to spend the holidays while visiting family. Have you had enough of strip mall Santas and their helper elves taking over our shopping malls? Join the ranks in the War on Christmas to Stop Santa!
- 9 levels with increasing complexity and difficulty
- Each level conquered will reward you with 1 to 5 stars based on your performance.
- 3 unique towers to choose from, each with 2 additional upgrades.
- 9 animated enemies ravaging their way through the North Pole.
- 9 Steam achievements to be collected.
- The only chance you have to finally Stop Santa!
20. Great Big War Game
Taking military "advice" from the ridiculous generalissimo, can you battle your way through this truly massive, content-packed military campaign? Plan your missions, deploy your forces, try not to fall off the sofa laughing!
You've plenty of units to play with, covering land, sea and airborne combat. Be warned though, these funny cartoon troops are not exactly the right stuff.
Playing as "Jenkins", the hard done to lieutenant, you will need to complete the Generalissimo's wide variety of mission orders - collect resources, assassinate enemy generals, invade territory, evacuate your forces, do a bit of enemy base ownage, etc.
40+ hours of campaign mode not enough? There is also unlimited skirmish play vs the AI for quick fixes, on a wide variety of custom maps.
And there's still more - Multiplayer. You can Pass & Play on your PC, or join our thriving online community, playing head to head at an asynchronous pace that suits you. Online play is cross-platform, so you can play and/or transfer your account to other supported platforms.Key Features:
- Control armies of 30 different units on land, sea and air
- 50+ hours of gameplay in the story campaign
- 70+ skirmish/multiplayer maps
- Online asynchronous multiplayer – challenge others on PC, iOS and Android
- Units can collect battle points through play to be used to give tactical boosts and rank-ups
- Each level mission has unique challenges, introduced each time either a new playing piece, new terrain, new buildings or different tactics to achieve a win
- Use height advantage and choke points to dominate your enemy
- Play in the jungle, desert, polar, rocky & temperate terrain
- Replay value to achieve higher rankings
- Your game account for online play works on PC, iOS and Android - swap around at will.
Find us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/GreatBigWarGame
"Bag 'em & Tag 'em"
Chester, infected with this disease, finds himself washed onto a lonely island, Carlyle.
As he is being given a tour of the island by the girl who nursed him back to health, Chester finds himself feeling that something is off.
There are no doctors from the mainland. Not only is there no information of the outside world, but the inhabitants seem entirely oblivious of the worldwide epidemic.
---It's as if this place has been completely removed from the rest of the world.
After a while, Chester finds a conspicuous white forest in the middle of a green expanse.
"That forest devours people. That's what I believe."
The forest's name is Enigma.
The same as the disease consuming his body.
- Unravel the mysteries of a fantasy world
- Multiple Endings
- Beautiful original soundtrack
22. Brain Guzzler
Ever wondered what it would be like if you suddenly got cravings to guzzle delicious brain matter? Ever wanted to cause complete carnage, terrorise the living, control the undead or even form a zombie chicken conga? Well, in Brain Guzzler you get to chow down in 'Chow Town'. Be prepared to get addicted to this skill based undead fest!
At the start of each level you change from human to zombie and suddenly develop an insatiable appetite to guzzle all other humans (and animal). The game works similar to the 70’s classic Snake and is just as addictive! The more humans you guzzle, the longer you’re chain of Zombies becomes which makes avoiding the various obstacles and edges ever more challenging. Controls are easy using simple swipes to negotiate the levels. Each level also contains individual missions giving players a break from the guzzling. Three towns, Brainington, Guzzleford and Guzzleborough together boast 30 fantastically varied, colourful levels! Brain Guzzler truly is a game you will find hard to put down! Happy Guzzling!