The best games like 3DRPG are:
- arrow_rightGrand Theft Auto V
- arrow_rightHorizon Chase Turbo
- arrow_rightWorms W.M.D
- arrow_rightSEUM: Speedrunners from Hell
- arrow_rightLife Goes On: Done to Death
- arrow_rightKnights And Bikes
- arrow_rightSuper Pixel Racers
- arrow_rightDustoff Heli Rescue 2
9 Best Games Like 3DRPG:
Filter by Platform PlayStation 4arrow_drop_down
- PC (100)
- Xbox One (17)
- PlayStation 4 (17)
- iOS (37)
- Android (19)
- macOS (73)
- Linux (49)
- Nintendo Switch (19)
- Nintendo 3DS (7)
- Nintendo DS (5)
- Xbox 360 (13)
- Xbox (1)
- PlayStation 3 (23)
- PlayStation 2 (9)
- PlayStation (14)
- PS Vita (6)
- PSP (8)
- Wii U (9)
- Wii (17)
- GameCube (4)
- Nintendo 64 (5)
- Game Boy Advance (3)
- Game Boy Color (4)
- Game Boy (2)
- SNES (4)
- NES (2)
- Classic Macintosh (5)
- Commodore / Amiga (5)
- Atari Lynx (1)
- Genesis (1)
- SEGA Saturn (1)
- SEGA CD (2)
- SEGA Master System (1)
- Dreamcast (2)
- 3DO (1)
- Game Gear (1)
1. Grand Theft Auto V
Rockstar Games went bigger, since their previous installment of the series. You get the complicated and realistic world-building from Liberty City of GTA4 in the setting of lively and diverse Los Santos, from an old fan favorite GTA San Andreas. 561 different vehicles (including every transport you can operate) and the amount is rising with every update.
Simultaneous storytelling from three unique perspectives:
Follow Michael, ex-criminal living his life of leisure away from the past, Franklin, a kid that seeks the better future, and Trevor, the exact past Michael is trying to run away from.
GTA Online will provide a lot of additional challenge even for the experienced players, coming fresh from the story mode. Now you will have other players around that can help you just as likely as ruin your mission. Every GTA mechanic up to date can be experienced by players through the unique customizable character, and community content paired with the leveling system tends to keep everyone busy and engaged.
2. Horizon Chase Turbo
Horizon Chase Turbo is a racing game inspired by the great hits of the 80's and 90's: Out Run, Lotus Turbo Challenge, Top Gear (SNES), Rush, among others. Each curve and each lap in Horizon Chase Turbo recreates classic arcade gameplay and offers you unbound speed limits of fun. Full throttle on and enjoy!
Horizon Chase Turbo has Multiplayer Split Screen support across all game modes, to rescue the nostalgia of playing with your best friends sitting on a couch all night long. The hard time is to know who is your best friend because this one is also the one to be beaten.
Horizon Chase Turbo brings back the graphics context of the 16-bit generation and creates a style that is inspired in the past without letting go of its contemporaneity. The apparent polygon and secondary color aesthetic accentuate the visual beauty of the game, resulting in a unique and harmonic atmosphere. You'll feel the retro soul of the game on a completely modern body.
Horizon Chase Turbo is a race around the world. With each new cup, you'll pilot your car through extraordinary places, watching the sun setting, facing rain, snow, volcanic ashes and even severe sandstorms. Be it day or night each track takes place in beautiful postcards from across the world.
Horizon Chase Turbo presents Barry Leitch, the musician behind the soundtracks of classic arcade racing games Lotus Turbo Challenge, Top Gear (SNES) and Rush. As you play the game, you'll be hypnotized by his charming tunes that complement the graphical ecstasy of each horizon.
Horizon Chase Turbo is the new version of the acclaimed and multi-award winning game “Horizon Chase World Tour”, selected as “BEST OF 2015” having a Metacritic of 88. The Steam Edition brings a lot of unseen features and content that enhance the nostalgia of old-school arcade racing games.
4K resolution graphics
Amazing old-style split-screen multiplayer up to 4 players
Music by Barry Leitch, Sound Designer in 90s racing classics such as Top Gear and Lotus Turbo Challenge, among others
Tons of content: 12 Cups, 48 Cities, 109 tracks, 31 Unlockable Cars and 12 Upgrades
Challenge your friends in an Online Competitive Ghost Mode
Make History by adding your name among Friends' and Global Leaderboards
3. Worms W.M.D
The worms are back in their most destructive game yet. With a gorgeous, hand-drawn 2D look, brand new weapons, the introduction of crafting, vehicles and buildings plus the return of some much-loved classic weapons and gameplay, Worms W.M.D is the best worms experience ever.
Work your way through 30 campaign levels of increasing difficulty using the huge arsenal of new and classic weapons at your disposal. Use new vehicles to cause chaos amongst the enemy ranks and use buildings to gain the tactical advantage as you try to dominate the battlefield!
Take on up to five opponents in hilarious all-out tactical worm warfare with up to eight worms each, either in local or online multiplayer, including ranked play. Flatten your opponents with the Concrete Donkey. Turn them into chunks of worm meat with the Holy Hand Grenade. Rain down hell from above in helicopters or pound them into oblivion with the tank. With 80 weapons and utilities at your fingertips, this is Worms at its chaotic best!Key Features
- Wonderfully 2D: The best implementation of the Worms formula yet, now with a brand new worm, and gorgeous digitally-painted 2D artwork.
- Vehicles: Worm warfare gets serious with the introduction of vehicles for the first time in the series. Dominate the landscape in warfare-ready tanks, take to the skies to unleash hell from from above in helicopters and more!
- Buildings: Keep your head down, and hide out in a building. Buildings provide a tactical advantage by hiding away your worms, and keeping them safe from direct attacks!
- Crafting: No more waiting around while your opponents take their turns! Grab the crafting crates that drop from the sky during games to make fiendishly upgraded versions of items such as the Electric Sheep, the Bazooka Pie and the Holy Mine Grenade to unleash on your enemies!
- Classic Worms Physics and Gameplay: Our brand new engine recreates the feel of the fan-favourite entrants in the series; and sees the reintroduction of the much loved Classic Ninja Rope!
- New and classic weapons: Over 80 weapons and utilities at your fingertips, including many returning classics and a slew of new additions such as the Dodgy Phone Battery, the Unwanted Present and the OMG strike.
- Mounted Guns: As if over 80 weapons and utilities wasn't already enough! A range of different gun types are placed around the landscape, allowing your warmongering worms to do even MORE damage!
- Hilarious single player plus online and local multiplayer warfare: Worms W.M.D comes locked and loaded with a huge arsenal of Training Missions, Campaign Missions and Challenges for the solo player. Train up then head online to create havoc in multiplayer modes including ranked play, with room for up to six players with eight worms each on a map!
4. SEUM: Speedrunners from Hell
SEUM: Speedrunners from Hell is the world’s only competitive heavy metal first-person platformer.
Slice every last millisecond as you race and blast your way through deadly arenas. Teleport, jump, fly, bounce and drop in a hundred merciless and fast paced maps for the ultimate prize: Your soul!
Marty was having a late morning breakfast and minding his own business. The demon knocking on the door wasn’t part of his morning routine. Before Marty was able to open, the hell breed smashed in the doors. A fierce brawl commenced and Marty lost his right arm – but at least the demon also lost his head. Unfortunately, whilst the brawl erupted more demons entered his garage and stole his last batch of limited edition Walrus Ale (tm). Now Marty has become furious! He ripped off the demon’s arm and did some DIY to re-attach his arm back to himself. This demon is no looker but gee it casts some nasty fireballs. Marty’s (after)life now has a single purpose: Go to hell and get his beer back! \m/
Like a bastard child of Quake 3 and Super Meat Boy, SEUM: Speedrunners from Hell is truly hardcore and focuses on speed and fast reaction. Race and jump over platforms and bounce pads and shoot fireballs to reach an exit portal in the minimal amount of time. Reverse time and gravity. Compete with all players for the top time in the online high scores. Only the toughest players will receive the Uber Skull medals!
If mind blowing speed and pumping adrenaline through your body is too boring, then search for the beer cans deeply hidden in each level. Who knows which secrets can be discovered by finding all of these delicious refreshments?Features
- Can’t get much more old school than this!
- 100 levels, each more devilish than the last, with secrets around every corner.
- Shoot fireballs, reverse gravity, teleport and dodge obstacles to solve challenges.
- Leaderboards in each level so you can see how you fare against your friends (and enemies).
- An original soundtrack that'll make you rampage through the levels with blazing speed.
- Level editor
Warning: SEUM has been known to cause leaning disease. Symptoms are irrational leaning forward towards your screen when making difficult jumps. Smashing monitors with your head is not a way to beat the game!
5. Life Goes On: Done to Death
Life Goes On: Done to Death is a comically-morbid platformer where you guide heroic knights to their demise and use the dead bodies to solve puzzles. Wanting to live forever, a mighty king sends his army of knights to find the Cup of Life. On this quest, you will summon knight after knight to be brutally sacrificed. Impale knights on spikes to create a safe path. Catch a knight on a sawblade to land the body on a button. Freeze knights into blocks of ice to reach higher ground.
You’ll also electrocute knights to open doors, blast knights out of cannons, and even zombify a knight to be your violent, dim-witted friend. As you journey through treacherous and trap-ridden worlds, you’ll show no mercy to solve each challenging puzzle.
In this game, death is not a setback. It is your only means to progress.Key Features
You must die to solve puzzles.
We hope you’re okay with killing knights, since this is a pretty twisted way to solve puzzles! Dying is your only way to progress. As you sacrifice knights, you'll figure out how to use the dead bodies with the mechanisms in the game to solve each challenging puzzle.
Morbid, yet comical gameplay.
You’ll kill so many knights, you might even feel remorse! But flinging a bumbling knight into a saw blade or turning one into your violent, puzzle-solving friend is comical. Trust us.
Vibrant, trap-ridden worlds.
Journey through 65+ levels within four vibrant, colourful worlds full of lava, ice, spike pits, portals, zombies, cannons, and much more. And there are extra-difficult challenge levels for hardcore puzzle-addicts.
Unlockable hats and weapons. (Silly ones, of course!)
Can you find the Cup of Life wearing a horse head? On top of solving puzzles, you'll be able to unlock amusing hats and weapons. Your knights will spawn wearing silly hats, like beanies and berets, and wielding even sillier weapons, like dead fish and spatulas.
Who is Jeff? Well, he's furry, cute, and lurking in every level. Will you be his friend?
There are awards for solving levels with the least number of knights and completing them in record time!
Life Goes On: Done to Death also includes a kick-ass boss fight, a map-integrated storyline, an armoury to check out all your hat and weapons, and other features that will make you laugh at death.
6. Knights And Bikes
KNIGHTS AND BIKES is a hand-painted action-adventure set on a fictional British island in the late 1980s, inspired by coming-of-age movies like The Goonies and classic games like Earthbound and Secret of Mana.
The story features two new friends: Nessa & Demelza. They're tough and imaginative girls exploring the island of Penfurzy in search of mysteries and treasure. Cycling around on their bikes, exploring the natural beauty of their surroundings, they experience their first taste of a more grown-up freedom. But this new-found independence also leads them into danger, both modern and ancient.
With a mixture of ingenuity and imagination, they deal with enemies and a challenging environment using frisbees, water-balloons, a cranked-up stereo, a pet goose, and more. The trinkets they collect from their adventures allow them to upgrade their bikes and widen their treasure-hunt.
As Nessa and Demelza try to figure-out the puzzling adult world around them, it's their friendship and imagination that guides them on their quest: to find the legendary treasure! (as well as saving some of those stupid adults that just keep disappearing).
The game is by Rex Crowle, (Creative Director: Tearaway/Tearaway-Unfolded, Art & Design: LittleBigPlanet) and by Moo You (Gameplay Programmer: Ratchet & Clank and LittleBigPlanet). Audio design by Kenny Young (Audio Lead: Tearaway & LittleBigPlanet) and with a musical score by Daniel Pemberton (Composer: The Man From Uncle, Steve Jobs, King Arthur: Legend Of The Sword)Things to Do Best friends forever! Play single-player with an AI companion, couch co-op or online co-op.
Solve puzzles and deal with enemies using your improvised abilities! These include: frisbees, water-balloons, puddle-stomping welly boots, and a powerful boom-box stereo.
Work together! Both characters have different skills so you'll want to experiment with how they combine in order to succeed.
Explore the island! Seek out its modern tourist-attractions and ancient ruins, both on foot and on your customised bikes.
Discover treasure! Ranging from trinkets like broken action-figures and animal skulls, to the legendary riches rumoured to be hidden on the island.
Upgrade your bikes! Barter with adults (offload your junk) so you can personalise your bikes, unlock extra abilities or at the very least: get those training-wheels removed!
Tend to your pet goose! Captain Honkers has a keen nose-beak and can help you find what you need, if you keep him fed and happy.
7. Super Pixel Racers
- Rally Cross: Classic race against up to 7 other drivers
- Rally: Reach checkpoints on a procedurally generated outdoor track
- Land Rush: Be in front of the pack when the time ends
- Takedown: Destroy the other cars
- Hunt: Chase the target down
- Drift Show: Score points by drifting
- Thirteen Unique Racetracks: From desert dunes to the city streets. A host of unique pixel environments set the stage for some truly super pixel racing.
- Hone your drifting, score some Nitro: The more you drift, the quicker your nitro gauge fills up. Use it for an instant hit of speed; equally useful for dodging obstacles or slamming into opponents.
- Vehicle Damage & Explosion Mechanics: In-race collisions result in visible damage to your pixel racer. Once a car takes too many hits, it goes up in flames!
8. Dustoff Heli Rescue 2
In Dustoff Heli Rescue 2 you can:
Save hostages being held in Prisoner of War camps.
Combat in military attacks in the desert, forests, mines, swamps and fjords.
Build radio towers and bridges.
Protect the friendly truck and VIP convoy before the enemies can reach and demolish them!
Find and transport the stolen trucks and cargo and take them back to the HQ!
Fight against the extreme weather conditions and fly in dust storm, heavy rain and snow blizzard.
Install various gun, missile and rocket weapons to protect the friendly soldiers.
Up to 35 unique missions
9 helicopters, each with different characteristics and 3 extra vehicles
11 weapons, all with different capabilities
Artistic blocky 3D graphics
Various missions like: cargo transportation, saving hostages, tower building, air assault, convoy support and many more
Various daytime and weather conditions
Numerous war scenes including deserts, forests, hills, snowy fields, hidden cave and mine systems and a lot more to explore
Epic action music and cinematic sound effects
Up to 30 achievements and 30 leaderboards
All in a well known blocky style in a family friendly mode, where humans never die, enemies always run away.
9. Battle Princess Madelyn
Battle Princess Madelyn is a game that follows the journey of a young knight in training, Madelyn, and her ghostly pet dog, Fritzy. They set out on a journey to save her kingdom and her family from the clutches of an evil wizard.
Set in the vein of classic Ghouls N' Ghosts and Wonder Boy 3: The Dragon's Trap, the instantly classic and familiar gameplay will transport old-school gamers back to their heyday, and the self-adjusting difficulty will allow for even the most novice of gamer to pick up and play!
Join Madelyn as she battles through graveyards, swamps, castles, the countryside and more! Polished gameplay, breath taking visuals, jaw-dropping dual soundtracks and epic adventures await!
HOT GAMEPLAY FEATURES!
- A mix of fast paced classic arcade action with the adventure elements of classic console games from the golden age of console gaming.
- Amazingly detailed hand drawn pixel art brought to life by the magical lighting of the Unity Engine.
- Battle Princess Madelyn can be played through quickly as an arcade game, or for the full experience stop at towns to help the locals! How you play to complete the story depends on your personal choice!
- Find all of the collectibles hidden throughout the stages for extra rewards, and additional hidden stages!
- 10 levels, each of which include up to 5 stages - including 1 or 2 branching hidden stages!
- Fully re-playable stages at any point - if you've unlocked it, you can play it as much as you want!
- Combo meters for destroying and juggling enemies!
- 10 types of weapons which change with the 3 sets of armor found in game!
- Up to 10 unique enemies per level!
- Your ghostly dog companion, Fritzy, gains powers as you progress through the game allowing you to unlock puzzles and otherwise inaccessible areas of stages!
- Special weapons for special occasions! If an area calls for a unique ability, search the area for the needed item!
- An original story written by a professional children's author.
- A story that spans the globe and time! A story told by her grandfather while she is sick, Madelyn will experience life as her magical portal traveling counter part and will save her family no matter where they are in the world.
AN AMAZING DUAL SOUNDTRACK!
- Two completely different soundtracks to suit your tastes! Classic Arcade FM/PCM to set the hectic pacing, or Modern Orchestrated to set the mood for the scene!
- Arcade Soundtrack by Gryzor87 of Maldita Castila fame!
- Orchestrated Soundtrack by John McCarthy of Nintendo Quest fame!
- Masterfully crafted pixel art by vetern pixel artist Christopher Obritsch.
- Amazing visual cut scenes to help tell the story between the action
- Dynamic lighting to add depth to the detailed pixel art!
CLASSIC GAMEPLAY WITH A TWIST!
- Madelyn's pet ghost dog "Fritzy" acts as both a weapon and a way to solve puzzles, allowing the player to strategize boss fights and manoeuver puzzles.
ORIGINS OF BATTLE PRINCESS MADELYN
When Creative Director Christopher Obritsch's daughter Madelyn wanted to be in Ghouls ‘n Ghosts, and fight “Green Head”, he said it was someone else’s game - but he could make her one that was like it. “But girls can’t be knights, Daddy. Only boys…” she said, to which he answered “Pshh…What color do you want your armor to be?”. The answer was pink 😉 And that’s how this game started. Chris' daughter Madelyn loves the first stage of Ghouls ‘n Ghosts and makes him play it over and over because she wants to see him fight “Green head”, the Shielder boss at the end of the first stage. It’s not hard for her to twist his rubber arm, as it’s been his favorite game since it came out all those years ago.
THE DEV TEAM
Madelyn Obritsch - Drinker of the chocolate milk and Honorary Assistant Creative Director - The hero of the game, and the designer of the things daddy puts in the game.
Christopher Obritsch – Known for sitting there and doing stuff like Insanity's Blade, Escape from 85 and a bunch of other crap you probably never heard of, and also an award nominated game developer. Chris is the creator, director and lead artist on the project. Also the father of the Battle Princess.
Daven Bigelow – A published author on game development, and angry university student. He’s an avid player, collector, and maker of games. Daven is the lead developer and slinger of cuss words on the project.
John McCarthy – Master Slayer of Audio, known as the genius behind the Nintendo Quest soundtrack with over 10 years in the gaming industry. John is the Lead Audio Dev and Creator of the Orchestrated Soundtrack.
Gryzor87 - The Retro Audio Destroyer of Planets, known for such amazing game soundtracks like Maldita Castilla, Hydorah and The Curse of Issyos. Gryzor87 is the main man behind the retro soundtrack.