The best games like 3DRPG are:
- arrow_rightHorizon Chase Turbo
- arrow_rightWorms W.M.D
- arrow_rightTurok: Dinosaur Hunter
- arrow_rightLife Goes On: Done to Death
- arrow_rightBury me, my Love
- arrow_rightDustoff Heli Rescue 2
- arrow_rightBattle Princess Madelyn
- arrow_rightSwitch 'N' Shoot
9 Best Games Like 3DRPG:
Filter by Platform Nintendo Switcharrow_drop_down
- PC (100)
- Xbox One (17)
- PlayStation 4 (17)
- iOS (37)
- Android (19)
- macOS (73)
- Linux (49)
- Nintendo Switch (19)
- Nintendo 3DS (7)
- Nintendo DS (5)
- Xbox 360 (13)
- Xbox (1)
- PlayStation 3 (23)
- PlayStation 2 (9)
- PlayStation (14)
- PS Vita (6)
- PSP (8)
- Wii U (9)
- Wii (17)
- GameCube (4)
- Nintendo 64 (5)
- Game Boy Advance (3)
- Game Boy Color (4)
- Game Boy (2)
- SNES (4)
- NES (2)
- Classic Macintosh (5)
- Commodore / Amiga (5)
- Atari Lynx (1)
- Genesis (1)
- SEGA Saturn (1)
- SEGA CD (2)
- SEGA Master System (1)
- Dreamcast (2)
- 3DO (1)
- Game Gear (1)
1. Horizon Chase Turbo
Horizon Chase Turbo is a racing game inspired by the great hits of the 80's and 90's: Out Run, Lotus Turbo Challenge, Top Gear (SNES), Rush, among others. Each curve and each lap in Horizon Chase Turbo recreates classic arcade gameplay and offers you unbound speed limits of fun. Full throttle on and enjoy!
Horizon Chase Turbo has Multiplayer Split Screen support across all game modes, to rescue the nostalgia of playing with your best friends sitting on a couch all night long. The hard time is to know who is your best friend because this one is also the one to be beaten.
Horizon Chase Turbo brings back the graphics context of the 16-bit generation and creates a style that is inspired in the past without letting go of its contemporaneity. The apparent polygon and secondary color aesthetic accentuate the visual beauty of the game, resulting in a unique and harmonic atmosphere. You'll feel the retro soul of the game on a completely modern body.
Horizon Chase Turbo is a race around the world. With each new cup, you'll pilot your car through extraordinary places, watching the sun setting, facing rain, snow, volcanic ashes and even severe sandstorms. Be it day or night each track takes place in beautiful postcards from across the world.
Horizon Chase Turbo presents Barry Leitch, the musician behind the soundtracks of classic arcade racing games Lotus Turbo Challenge, Top Gear (SNES) and Rush. As you play the game, you'll be hypnotized by his charming tunes that complement the graphical ecstasy of each horizon.
Horizon Chase Turbo is the new version of the acclaimed and multi-award winning game “Horizon Chase World Tour”, selected as “BEST OF 2015” having a Metacritic of 88. The Steam Edition brings a lot of unseen features and content that enhance the nostalgia of old-school arcade racing games.
4K resolution graphics
Amazing old-style split-screen multiplayer up to 4 players
Music by Barry Leitch, Sound Designer in 90s racing classics such as Top Gear and Lotus Turbo Challenge, among others
Tons of content: 12 Cups, 48 Cities, 109 tracks, 31 Unlockable Cars and 12 Upgrades
Challenge your friends in an Online Competitive Ghost Mode
Make History by adding your name among Friends' and Global Leaderboards
2. Worms W.M.D
The worms are back in their most destructive game yet. With a gorgeous, hand-drawn 2D look, brand new weapons, the introduction of crafting, vehicles and buildings plus the return of some much-loved classic weapons and gameplay, Worms W.M.D is the best worms experience ever.
Work your way through 30 campaign levels of increasing difficulty using the huge arsenal of new and classic weapons at your disposal. Use new vehicles to cause chaos amongst the enemy ranks and use buildings to gain the tactical advantage as you try to dominate the battlefield!
Take on up to five opponents in hilarious all-out tactical worm warfare with up to eight worms each, either in local or online multiplayer, including ranked play. Flatten your opponents with the Concrete Donkey. Turn them into chunks of worm meat with the Holy Hand Grenade. Rain down hell from above in helicopters or pound them into oblivion with the tank. With 80 weapons and utilities at your fingertips, this is Worms at its chaotic best!Key Features
- Wonderfully 2D: The best implementation of the Worms formula yet, now with a brand new worm, and gorgeous digitally-painted 2D artwork.
- Vehicles: Worm warfare gets serious with the introduction of vehicles for the first time in the series. Dominate the landscape in warfare-ready tanks, take to the skies to unleash hell from from above in helicopters and more!
- Buildings: Keep your head down, and hide out in a building. Buildings provide a tactical advantage by hiding away your worms, and keeping them safe from direct attacks!
- Crafting: No more waiting around while your opponents take their turns! Grab the crafting crates that drop from the sky during games to make fiendishly upgraded versions of items such as the Electric Sheep, the Bazooka Pie and the Holy Mine Grenade to unleash on your enemies!
- Classic Worms Physics and Gameplay: Our brand new engine recreates the feel of the fan-favourite entrants in the series; and sees the reintroduction of the much loved Classic Ninja Rope!
- New and classic weapons: Over 80 weapons and utilities at your fingertips, including many returning classics and a slew of new additions such as the Dodgy Phone Battery, the Unwanted Present and the OMG strike.
- Mounted Guns: As if over 80 weapons and utilities wasn't already enough! A range of different gun types are placed around the landscape, allowing your warmongering worms to do even MORE damage!
- Hilarious single player plus online and local multiplayer warfare: Worms W.M.D comes locked and loaded with a huge arsenal of Training Missions, Campaign Missions and Challenges for the solo player. Train up then head online to create havoc in multiplayer modes including ranked play, with room for up to six players with eight worms each on a map!
3. Turok: Dinosaur Hunter
Turok is back and no dinosaur is safe! When it was first released in 1997, Turok introduced gamers to a world teeming with cunning enemies, traps, puzzles and deadly weapons all within a vast 3D environment ready to explore. Now the classic game has been restored and enhanced with a new visual engine and exciting new features to sink your teeth into!
New features include:
- Support for high resolutions, and widescreen
- Improved gameplay and level design
- OpenGL for video backend to provide portability and support for vertical sync
- Dynamic lighting, bloom, FXAA, enhanced water effects, lights shafts and more
- Ability to freely rebind all keyboard, mouse, and gamepad inputs
- Steam Achievements
The Lost Land...
A world where time has no meaning - and evil knows no bounds. Torn from a world long gone, the time traveling warrior Turok has found himself thrust into a savage land torn by conflict. An evil overlord known as 'The Campaigner' seeks to shred the fabric of time and rule the universe using an ancient artifact known as 'The Chronoscepter'. The Chronoscepter was shattered thousands of years ago in an effort to keep it from falling into evil hands. The Campaigner has constructed a massive focusing array which he plans to use to magnify and pervert the power of the Chronoscepter in order to shatter the barriers between the ages and rule the universe. Turok has vowed to find the eight pieces of the Chronoscepter spread throughout the Lost Land and put an end to The Campaigner's evil plot...
To learn more you must enter the world of Turok
- Completely 3-D Virtual World
Run, jump, climb in any direction in a fully 3D world, with the ability to independently look and aim your weapons up, down, or sideways.
- Intelligent Enemies Programmed for Ferocity
Variable aggression profiles make each enemy behave uniquely.
- 14 Monstrous High-tech Weapons
From the Grenade Launcher, Plasma Pulse Rifle and Alien Weapon, to the Quad Rocket Launcher and, the mother of all guns, the Atomic Fusion Cannon!
- Advanced Interactive Backgrounds with Particle Technology
Cobwebs sway. Bubbles form rings on the water's surface. Bullets ricochet. Trees explode into flames and crash to the ground. Waterfalls boil with foam.
- Bionically Engineered Dinosaurs
Razor-toothed Raptors. Artillery-packing Triceratops. Alien Infantry and a Laser-Guided T-Rex. Following your every move with head-tracking technology.
4. Life Goes On: Done to Death
Life Goes On: Done to Death is a comically-morbid platformer where you guide heroic knights to their demise and use the dead bodies to solve puzzles. Wanting to live forever, a mighty king sends his army of knights to find the Cup of Life. On this quest, you will summon knight after knight to be brutally sacrificed. Impale knights on spikes to create a safe path. Catch a knight on a sawblade to land the body on a button. Freeze knights into blocks of ice to reach higher ground.
You’ll also electrocute knights to open doors, blast knights out of cannons, and even zombify a knight to be your violent, dim-witted friend. As you journey through treacherous and trap-ridden worlds, you’ll show no mercy to solve each challenging puzzle.
In this game, death is not a setback. It is your only means to progress.Key Features
You must die to solve puzzles.
We hope you’re okay with killing knights, since this is a pretty twisted way to solve puzzles! Dying is your only way to progress. As you sacrifice knights, you'll figure out how to use the dead bodies with the mechanisms in the game to solve each challenging puzzle.
Morbid, yet comical gameplay.
You’ll kill so many knights, you might even feel remorse! But flinging a bumbling knight into a saw blade or turning one into your violent, puzzle-solving friend is comical. Trust us.
Vibrant, trap-ridden worlds.
Journey through 65+ levels within four vibrant, colourful worlds full of lava, ice, spike pits, portals, zombies, cannons, and much more. And there are extra-difficult challenge levels for hardcore puzzle-addicts.
Unlockable hats and weapons. (Silly ones, of course!)
Can you find the Cup of Life wearing a horse head? On top of solving puzzles, you'll be able to unlock amusing hats and weapons. Your knights will spawn wearing silly hats, like beanies and berets, and wielding even sillier weapons, like dead fish and spatulas.
Who is Jeff? Well, he's furry, cute, and lurking in every level. Will you be his friend?
There are awards for solving levels with the least number of knights and completing them in record time!
Life Goes On: Done to Death also includes a kick-ass boss fight, a map-integrated storyline, an armoury to check out all your hat and weapons, and other features that will make you laugh at death.
5. Bury me, my Love
Bury me, my Love is a Text Messaging Adventure game about Nour, a Syrian migrant trying to find her way to Europe. Her husband Majd, who remains behind in Syria, communicates with Nour through a messaging app, advising her as best he can so that she reaches her destination safely.
“Bury me, my love” is a Syrian goodbye phrase that roughly means, “Take care, don’t even think about dying before I do.” This phrase takes on a deeper meaning as Majd says it to his wife, Nour, as she undertakes her perilous journey to reach Europe.
A co-production from ARTE, the European cultural network, with The Pixel Hunt and Figs.
A game in an instant messaging app
As Majd, you can communicate with Nour and follow her journey, just as if you were chatting with her via WhatsApp. You will text each other and exchange emojis, pics and selfies, relevant links…
Multiple narrative routes to discover
By reading instant messages and choosing response options, players help Nour overcome the hardships she will encounter.
Your choices in Bury me, my Love truly impact on the story, with Nour able to visit 50 different locations and reach 19 potential different endings with widely divergent outcomes.
Based on real-life events
Bury me, my Love is a “reality-inspired game”, a documented fiction that draws inspiration directly from real-world events. The original idea stems from an article written by Le Monde journalist, Lucie Soullier, telling the story of Dana, a young Syrian woman who fled her country and is now living in Germany.
This experience may affect the sensitivity of younger people.
6. Dustoff Heli Rescue 2
In Dustoff Heli Rescue 2 you can:
Save hostages being held in Prisoner of War camps.
Combat in military attacks in the desert, forests, mines, swamps and fjords.
Build radio towers and bridges.
Protect the friendly truck and VIP convoy before the enemies can reach and demolish them!
Find and transport the stolen trucks and cargo and take them back to the HQ!
Fight against the extreme weather conditions and fly in dust storm, heavy rain and snow blizzard.
Install various gun, missile and rocket weapons to protect the friendly soldiers.
Up to 35 unique missions
9 helicopters, each with different characteristics and 3 extra vehicles
11 weapons, all with different capabilities
Artistic blocky 3D graphics
Various missions like: cargo transportation, saving hostages, tower building, air assault, convoy support and many more
Various daytime and weather conditions
Numerous war scenes including deserts, forests, hills, snowy fields, hidden cave and mine systems and a lot more to explore
Epic action music and cinematic sound effects
Up to 30 achievements and 30 leaderboards
All in a well known blocky style in a family friendly mode, where humans never die, enemies always run away.
7. Battle Princess Madelyn
Battle Princess Madelyn is a game that follows the journey of a young knight in training, Madelyn, and her ghostly pet dog, Fritzy. They set out on a journey to save her kingdom and her family from the clutches of an evil wizard.
Set in the vein of classic Ghouls N' Ghosts and Wonder Boy 3: The Dragon's Trap, the instantly classic and familiar gameplay will transport old-school gamers back to their heyday, and the self-adjusting difficulty will allow for even the most novice of gamer to pick up and play!
Join Madelyn as she battles through graveyards, swamps, castles, the countryside and more! Polished gameplay, breath taking visuals, jaw-dropping dual soundtracks and epic adventures await!
HOT GAMEPLAY FEATURES!
- A mix of fast paced classic arcade action with the adventure elements of classic console games from the golden age of console gaming.
- Amazingly detailed hand drawn pixel art brought to life by the magical lighting of the Unity Engine.
- Battle Princess Madelyn can be played through quickly as an arcade game, or for the full experience stop at towns to help the locals! How you play to complete the story depends on your personal choice!
- Find all of the collectibles hidden throughout the stages for extra rewards, and additional hidden stages!
- 10 levels, each of which include up to 5 stages - including 1 or 2 branching hidden stages!
- Fully re-playable stages at any point - if you've unlocked it, you can play it as much as you want!
- Combo meters for destroying and juggling enemies!
- 10 types of weapons which change with the 3 sets of armor found in game!
- Up to 10 unique enemies per level!
- Your ghostly dog companion, Fritzy, gains powers as you progress through the game allowing you to unlock puzzles and otherwise inaccessible areas of stages!
- Special weapons for special occasions! If an area calls for a unique ability, search the area for the needed item!
- An original story written by a professional children's author.
- A story that spans the globe and time! A story told by her grandfather while she is sick, Madelyn will experience life as her magical portal traveling counter part and will save her family no matter where they are in the world.
AN AMAZING DUAL SOUNDTRACK!
- Two completely different soundtracks to suit your tastes! Classic Arcade FM/PCM to set the hectic pacing, or Modern Orchestrated to set the mood for the scene!
- Arcade Soundtrack by Gryzor87 of Maldita Castila fame!
- Orchestrated Soundtrack by John McCarthy of Nintendo Quest fame!
- Masterfully crafted pixel art by vetern pixel artist Christopher Obritsch.
- Amazing visual cut scenes to help tell the story between the action
- Dynamic lighting to add depth to the detailed pixel art!
CLASSIC GAMEPLAY WITH A TWIST!
- Madelyn's pet ghost dog "Fritzy" acts as both a weapon and a way to solve puzzles, allowing the player to strategize boss fights and manoeuver puzzles.
ORIGINS OF BATTLE PRINCESS MADELYN
When Creative Director Christopher Obritsch's daughter Madelyn wanted to be in Ghouls ‘n Ghosts, and fight “Green Head”, he said it was someone else’s game - but he could make her one that was like it. “But girls can’t be knights, Daddy. Only boys…” she said, to which he answered “Pshh…What color do you want your armor to be?”. The answer was pink 😉 And that’s how this game started. Chris' daughter Madelyn loves the first stage of Ghouls ‘n Ghosts and makes him play it over and over because she wants to see him fight “Green head”, the Shielder boss at the end of the first stage. It’s not hard for her to twist his rubber arm, as it’s been his favorite game since it came out all those years ago.
THE DEV TEAM
Madelyn Obritsch - Drinker of the chocolate milk and Honorary Assistant Creative Director - The hero of the game, and the designer of the things daddy puts in the game.
Christopher Obritsch – Known for sitting there and doing stuff like Insanity's Blade, Escape from 85 and a bunch of other crap you probably never heard of, and also an award nominated game developer. Chris is the creator, director and lead artist on the project. Also the father of the Battle Princess.
Daven Bigelow – A published author on game development, and angry university student. He’s an avid player, collector, and maker of games. Daven is the lead developer and slinger of cuss words on the project.
John McCarthy – Master Slayer of Audio, known as the genius behind the Nintendo Quest soundtrack with over 10 years in the gaming industry. John is the Lead Audio Dev and Creator of the Orchestrated Soundtrack.
Gryzor87 - The Retro Audio Destroyer of Planets, known for such amazing game soundtracks like Maldita Castilla, Hydorah and The Curse of Issyos. Gryzor87 is the main man behind the retro soundtrack.
8. Switch 'N' Shoot
Switch 'N' Shoot is an arcade shoot-em-up with a twist...You only have one button which turns your ship and fires your guns at the same time.
It's simple, fast, challenging and annoyingly addictive.How many alien badbutts can you take out before you become stardust?
- Save the world with just one button.
- Fail instantly. Retry even instantly-er.
- Upgrade your lasers and hyperdrive into oblivion.
- 8-bit pixel art & beautiful border illustration by Paul Duffield.
- Crunchy sounds and music.
- Palette swap to please your eyeballs.
- Silly random name generator.
- Steam Leaderboards, Achievements and Stats.
- Steam Trading Cards.
- Press any button to SHOOT.
- Press any button to SWITCH direction.
- (yes, they are both tied to the same any button...)
Hi, my name is Dennis and I am the creator of Windscape, a first-person exploration adventure. Instead of just letting you read a boring game description, please allow me to share my vision of the game I am creating. Hopefully you will like what I am working on.
Ever since my childhood I was a huge fan of the Zelda series of games, Golden Axe Warrior, Secret of Mana and games in which let you explore a vivid world without time pressures and a too restrictive storyline. Over the past year and a half I’ve been working on my vision of a modern exploration adventure, combining it with my fondness for modern crafting and sandbox games.
In Windscape you play as a young girl living on your parents’ farm, set in a lovely world made up of floating islands in the sky. As you discover the world you learn that something has gone terribly wrong - islands are breaking apart and falling from the sky! It’s up to you to discover the evil that is threatening the universe of Windscape.
As you travel the world(s) you will gather valuable resources allowing you to craft a plethora of items such as weapons, shields, potions, magical spells and much more. Some items will be just for fun while others are a necessity for your survival.
You will meet peaceful NPCs and vicious monsters both on the surface of each island as well as in the dungeons and lairs you uncover along your journey. While I want the islands to work in a non-linear manner, I have decided to make the dungeons more puzzle and combat driven - each with its own style and atmosphere.
Windscape will feature tactical fights against larger bosses such as ghosts, ogres and dragons. Of course, there are many valuable items to loot too.
What I don't want Windscape to be? A stats-driven RPG, a terraforming sandbox game or a first-person action game. This is why I am asking for your support. I’m building this game for the community and hopefully with the community. I feel your feedback is really needed to match my vision with the high standards you, the players, demand. Because of this I have chosen to go into Early Access, hoping to make great friends and build a community which shares my vision and aids me on my development quest…
Key elements of Windscape
One of my very first decisions was that I wanted the world to feel like a living and breathing environment. While I could have employed procedural world generation, as so many other games do these days, I have decided against this so I can flesh out the most beautiful corners of the world in detail. While this means that sadly there will be a point when “you have seen it all”, I still feel very comfortable with my decision as it allows me to put you right into the world we’re building, with places to remember and stories to tell.
I already have the game’s universe mapped in my head but I also want the game to go where the community’s input takes it too. For the final game I am planning for at least four very different maps, and I’ll appreciate the support on choosing the most fitting ones. The game starts on a pastoral island with peaceful nature, a flourishing little village, a water mill and many more idyllic spots to discover. Over the next few months I am looking forward to revealing more scenery and gathering valuable feedback from the players to help me make the next big decisions.
Why always a boy? I hope you will come to love Ida as much as she has grown on me during the game’s development. Sent out by her parents into the small neighborhood town to make a delivery, Ida is yet unaware that soon the fate of the world will be resting solely upon her shoulders…
I have created a resource and crafting system which is intuitive to use but allows many things to be made. Basically you will find different crafting stations at key places all over the islands, each enabling you to build different things if you have gathered the resources needed. You can cook healthy or just yummy food, craft sweeping shields and weapons, mix mysterious ingredients to create powerful magic potions, melt iron and copper into new forms of metal and much, much more.
I want the dungeons to be an enthralling deviation of the more open exploration and story driven game that takes place on the islands surface. The first big dungeon you will encounter is a copper mine infested with rat-like enemies. Here you will also encounter the first bigger boss monster - with a great reward waiting for you if you make it out alive. Some dungeons will be an incremental part of the story while many others and smaller caves are hidden in the world for you to just discover.
I hope you like my ideas of Windscape. Together we can all create a game which lives up to the vision I have set forth. Thank you for your support!