The best games like Twelve Minutes are:
- arrow_rightThe Stanley Parable
- arrow_rightKentucky Route Zero
- arrow_rightAgatha Christie - The ABC Murders
- arrow_rightMissing Translation
- arrow_rightBlackwell Epiphany
31 Best Games Like Twelve Minutes:
Filter by Platform macOSarrow_drop_down
- PC (100)
- Xbox One (13)
- PlayStation 4 (18)
- iOS (23)
- Android (13)
- macOS (55)
- Linux (36)
- Nintendo Switch (10)
- Nintendo 3DS (4)
- Nintendo DS (9)
- Nintendo DSi (1)
- Xbox 360 (6)
- PlayStation 3 (9)
- PlayStation 2 (1)
- PlayStation (2)
- PS Vita (8)
- PSP (3)
- Wii U (8)
- Wii (3)
- GameCube (1)
- Game Boy Advance (1)
- Classic Macintosh (1)
- Commodore / Amiga (2)
- Atari ST (1)
- SEGA Saturn (1)
- Dreamcast (2)
- 3DO (1)
- Jaguar (1)
- Web (2)
1. The Stanley Parable
The Stanley Parable is a first-person interactive story game. Being initially released in 2011 as a modification for Half-Live 2, it was entirely remade in 2013, featuring updated graphics and more content.
The game follows Stanley, an office worker whose job boils down to pressing buttons on the keyboard depending on what he sees on his office computer screen. One day the screen goes black and Stanley, not knowing what to do, decides to investigate the building.
The gameplay consists of exploring a deserted office building. The game has 19 possible endings that depend on which way the player chooses to explore his surroundings. The Stanley Parable’s key feature is the permanent presence of the narrator who comments protagonist’s actions and suggests player what to do next. However, the player can ignore his suggestions which makes the narrator adjust his story to the player’s actions.
World War III was one cruel tragedy, at least for the others. You seemed to have a quite nice time, hidden in your fancy penthouse at the Skyhill Hotel... Till the impact of a bio-weapon blew away the life you once knew.
Now there are mutants everywhere, and they're eager to rip you to shreds with their vicious claws. But they aren't your only problem: Your supplies are running out. You have to leave your luxurious penthouse and search for food. Walking through the skyscraper means going through hell. There is danger around every corner and death is a steady companion. But seriously, how would someone prepare for something like this?
It doesn't matter anymore. Nothing matters but survival. And time is running out.
- Roguelike RPG gameplay in an apocalyptic survival setting
- Feels fresh every session – randomly generated maps
- Gain experience, craft weapons and look for useful objects
- Face an army of nightmarish creatures
- Go for the head or land a body shot – but choose wisely
- Everything you find can be helpful
- Difficulty levels give you the chance to actually survive this, or try to outlast this hell under the worst conditions
- Open end – is there still hope? Come and find out!
- Various special abilities to unlock
- Turn based combat with a sophisticated risk and reward system
- Fast travel with the elevator
When twilight fades. Where darkness reigns.
DreadOut is a third person supernatural horror game where you play as Linda, a high school student trapped in an old abandoned town. Equipped with her trusty smart-phone and an SLR camera, she will battle against terrifying encounters and solve mysterious puzzles which will ultimately determine her fate.
Help her overcome the challenges that will stand before her. Survive the Dread!
When a group of high school students went astray from a field trip, they came across something totally unexpected. A town long forgotten trapped in a peaceful state of slumber. What they did not realize was what lurks within. And what seemed like an innocent stroll turns into disaster as the secluded town reveals its dark and terrible secrets. The presence of sinister forces from beyond their realm of existence.
It all comes down to Linda. She will experience stirrings of unfamiliar powers, emerging from within her. These new found abilities might just be the only way she can save her own life and those of her friends.
- Explore a haunted environment in an Asian - Indonesian setting.
- Battle against terrifying beings from a supernatural realm.
- Solve mysterious puzzles that block your path.
- Switch between first person and third person view.
- Engage in a thrilling storyline.
- Play Act 1 and 2 of Linda's terrifying journey along with Act 0 (previously released as DreadOut Demo).
- Get access to Linda's unlockable wardrobe
Rated 17+ for the following :
- Frequent / Intense horror / fear themes
- Infrequent / Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent / Mild Sexual Content or Nudity
- Infrequent Mature / Mild Suggestive Themes
5. Agatha Christie - The ABC Murders
Agatha Christie - The ABC MurdersYour weapon is your knowledge. Your wits will be put to the ultimate test!
The ABC Murders is an adventure and investigation game adapted from the classic Agatha Christie novel. The player embodies the famous Hercule Poirot in a 3rd person perspective adventure game packed with mysteries. Once again, the private detective will find himself up against a mysterious opponent who goes by the name of "ABC".Your intelligence will never have been so challenged!You will have to explore many crime scenes in various cities set in beautiful surroundings across the United Kingdom. Leave no stone unturned when it comes to cross examinations and deadly puzzles!
Observe, question and explore everything possible in order to make the smartest deductions and understand the murderer’s plans!KEY FEATURES :Examinations: The player can collect information by examining suspects and paying attention to what they say, how they say it and how they feel.
Puzzles: The player will have to solve puzzles in order to obtain more clues.
Brain Deductions: Depending on the clues collected, the player will be able to make deductions and find out more about the murderer.
Timeline: As the player draws conclusions and progresses through the story, he can use Poirot's Timeline. This means that Hercule Poirot can build a timeline with all the relevant events revealed during the investigation.
At long last, République: Episode 5: Terminus is finally here! All of us at Camouflaj are anxious to finally release the fifth and final chapter of République. To all of you who waited patiently for the series conclusion, we deeply appreciate your patience and support. The team here at Camouflaj put our hearts and souls into this epic final episode -- we hope you agree that it was worth the wait.
Just as we did with previous episodes, Episode 5: Terminus is not just an additional chapter but it comes with thousands of fixes and enhancements. Here’s a breakdown of the major changes we made in addition to adding the fifth episode:
- Improved performance, crash frequency, and optimized framerate for lower-end devices
- Resolved issue where Hope falls out of the game world on some machines with AMD graphics cards
- Fixed issues regarding Hope’s trouble retrieving the EP3 cassette at beginning of episode, near desk in Reception Area
- Unity default typeface no longer appears by default in certain prefabs (English alphabet only)
- Improved and revised navigation, pathfinding, and collision in Episode 1-3
- Improved camera rotation limits and view in all episodes
- UI and pop-up improvements in all episodes
- Updated 2D art for some scannable items in Episode 1-3
In addition to the upgrades we’ve made, here is some of the new stuff you can expect in Episode 5 (without spoiling too much):
- Hostile Cameras: These new security cameras scattered throughout the game world will scan Hope and alert guards to her presence. Players can only inhabit them for a limited time, adding a neat layer of complexity to the gameplay loop.
- Branching Paths: This is something we’ve kept close to the vest for a long time: EP5 has branching paths that change the course of the episode based on a decision you make early on. We don’t want to reveal too much, but this is a huge addition that greatly expands the content offered in Episode 5, offering a nice incentive to play through the campaign again.
- A New Metamorphosis: Players are returning to the world of some previous episodes, but will find it looking and feeling much differently than before. You’re going to see new areas, meet new enemies, and forge some interesting alliances…
- We want to say more, but it’s better if you to experience it for yourself!
When you’re done with the game, I encourage you to check out our final installment of The Making of République (available now in the Deluxe Edition), and take a look back on the production of this massive, four year endeavor. We’ve prided ourselves on giving you a window into our world by providing open and honest in-game developer commentary tracks, and these video documentaries are an extension of that. You might even see some old footage from back when we were younger, healthier, and less sleepy.
Finally, we want to give a shout out to composer Zinc Lemone for his work on Episode 5’s soundtrack (also included with the Deluxe Edition.) I’ve had some standout favorite tracks in previous episodes, but EP5’s soundtrack in simply incredible from start to finish. (“Loose Change” is the *JAM* y’all.)
Watching Episode 5’s final moments come to life this past year has been bittersweet. It’s hard to believe that we are finally at the finish line after first announcing the game back in 2012. We owe a lot to our initial Kickstarter backers, our publishing friends at GungHo Online Entertainment, and our stellar voiceover cast including Rena Strober, Jennifer Hale, David Hayter, Dwight Schultz, and Khary Payton. It’s not an exaggeration to say that République is the product of thousands of people coming together and making it a reality.
Thank you all, from the bottom of our hearts. It’s been an incredible journey.Camouflaj
7. Missing Translation
Lost in a weird city in the middle of the desert and surrounded by strange creatures that keep staring at you. This is a game about exploring the unknown and solving puzzles... lots of them! Don't be fooled by the looks, this isn't your typical point & click adventure, you'll spend your time solving them.Key Features
- No tutorials, hints or even text to be found here. This wasn't made to increase difficulty but to let the player do everything on his own, "Missing Translation" isn't a hard game, but we don't like hand-holding.
- REPEAT, NO TEXT. Everyone can enjoy it regardless of the language they speak :D
- Three different puzzle mechanics, each of those features 25 levels to complete.
- Beautiful black and white pixel art... ... did I already say we have cats?
- Two different characters to choose from.
- Additional challenges involving a drawn language that can be learned up to some point.
- Great soundtrack that has evolved with the rest of the game over development.
- FREE! No ads, cash shop or any of those modern things.
8. Blackwell Epiphany
A dead man’s soul cries out against the force of a ferocious blizzard. He cries for help. He cries for answers. Then he screams as he is torn apart like damp tissue paper.
This wasn’t the first time, and it won’t be the last.
The police are powerless to stop it, so the duty falls to the only ones who can. What force could be so powerful – and so malevolent – that it would destroy the very core of a life in order to get what it wants? Rosa Blackwell and Joey Mallone mean to find out, even if it means risking themselves in the process.
How far would you go to save your best friend?
For Gomo, the answer to this question is clear: To the end of the world and further, if necessary.
Join him on his journey through the bizarre 2D landscapes of this dreamlike Point & Click Adventure!
Far away, in a hidden valley Gomo and his dog Dingo live in undisturbed peace; but serenity in this fairy tale vale soon comes to a violent end: an unknown alien force abducts Gomo's companion. In exchange for his beloved pet, Gomo is supposed to obtain a rare crystal for the alien. This crystal lies well protected in a subterranean mine- getting your hands on this one won't be easy!
However, there is no choice, but doing as the alien asks...
You want to help Gomo? Then be prepared for a surreal journey packed with challenging puzzles.Features:
- Presented by the creators of the „Deponia“-Series, „The Whispered World“ and „Edna & Harvey - The Breakout"
- Point & Click exploration through a surreal dreamscape.
- Fondly animated characters, hand-drawn backdrops and creative puzzle design
- Communication in non-verbal comic style
Pictopix is a puzzle game where you use logic to color squares on grids in order to reveal pictures. Easy to learn and very addictive, the game starts with small grids and ends with much bigger grids. With over 150 colored puzzles, a shuffle mode and a puzzle editor, Pictopix will bring you hours of fun!
The game is similar to Picross, Nonograms, Hanjie, Pic-a-Pix, Paint by Numbers and Griddlers.
- Play over 150 beautiful colored puzzles (+1000 from players)
- Learn the rules with a fun tutorial
- Play puzzles randomly with the Shuffle mode
- Earn awards and achievements for more challenges
- Create your own puzzles
- And share them with others players! (via Steam Workshop)
- Relaxing music (Jazz, Bossa Nova)
- Logically solvable puzzles (no guessing required)
- Useful hints to help beginners
- Playable with mouse, keyboard or game controller
- Multiple save slots
- Puzzles can be suspended and resumed at any time
- Undo and Redo buttons to fix your mistakes
- Squares can be temporarily marked
- Smart Slide (helps you to draw straight lines even if the mouse wanders out of the row)
- Touch Screen support
- 13 languages (translated by the community)
- Trading Cards
11. Ninja Pizza Girl
Ninja Pizza Girl is a serious game about self-esteem, bullying and resilience – and pizza delivering ninjas!
Its deeply-woven story follows Gemma, a sixteen-year-old girl working as a pizza delivery ninja for her father’s independent Pizzeria. In a world where slums teeter on top of skyscrapers, where powerful mega-corporations exploit the poor and where quality pizza is hard to come by, Gemma must fight to keep her ideals, her family and their business intact in face of the most merciless enemies known to any teenage girl – other teenagers.
"Deftly tackling bullying, self awareness and self acceptance, not to mention the challenge of keeping a pizza hot, Ninja Pizza Girl is a beautiful and important game." - Rhianna Pratchett
"Ninja Pizza Girl is a beautifully presented, challenging-but-not-brutal platformer that delivers not only pizza, but important messages about self-worth and bullying. Any young people in your lives—and you!—need this game!" - Karin Weekes
- Accessible flow-based gameplay that welcomes beginners while challenging speedrunners.
- Face enemies that shove, trip, throw garbage in your hair and upload videos of their abuse.
- Unique "health" system that tracks the player's self-esteem
- A mind-melting original soundtrack by the amazing Max Maars who was featured on Triple J's "Unearthed"
- The only videogame to feature the phrase "No Pants. No Pizza."
Ninja Pizza Girl. For Honour. For Family. For Pizza.
NeverEnd is a Rogue-Like Dungeon crawler, where you, a simple adventurer suddenly wakes up in another dimension. Inside of this dimension there is no sun and the whole world is caved in. Enemies swarm you from left and right and you need to learn how to defend yourself.
The goal of the game is to escape this dimension. But in order to achieve that goal you'll need to upgrade your gear and become stronger. Use your powerful weapons and skill to beat hard enemies and the final boss. You are not alone in this dimension as strange men will help you achieve your goal along the way.
While playing NeverEnd you'll come across Shopkeepers selling different items. You can find anything from Fire Swords, Swift Blades, Bows, Hooks with many more items to buy. There are also Farmers who sell their animals for mounting but that's not the only thing they do, you can tame enemies and make them fight for you aswell, this way you can strategies and set up a team for beating enemy hordes easier and faster.
In order to beat NeverEnd you need to have good gear and a lot of skill, use your items and shield wisely. NeverEnd is a hard game so stay tough and enjoy the game.
13. We Were Here Together
We Were Here Together is a standalone online cooperative adventure, the third entry in the We Were Here series.
The game continues the communication-centered adventure in which you and a partner must solve puzzles on an urgent mission to save the expedition... and yourself! This time, expect even more puzzles and discover the story behind the Antarctic expedition.
Starting out at the research base camp, you’ll need to figure out a way to get to Castle Rock together. Once you’re through the frozen Antarctic wastes, you'll find yourselves separated inside the castle itself, facing puzzles, secrets, and dangers! You and your partner have nothing but your wits and a walkie-talkie each. Observation, smart communication and teamwork will be the only way to escape from the sinister Castle Rock.
NOTE: This game is co-op only. It requires both players to have a working PC-compatible microphone and an internet connection.
Talk – Your voice will have to lead the way.
You and your expedition partner must traverse Antarctic wasteland and infiltrate a sinister ancient castle. The only possession you have left is a walkie-talkie.
Solve – The warmth of life abandoned the halls of Castle Rock long ago.
Immerse yourself in a thrilling experience as you and your partner puzzle your way through the expedition camp, frozen wastes, and finally multiple wings of two unique locations inside the abandoned castle itself. Discover brand new environments and mysteries, together.
Escape – We were not alone...
Darkness has engulfed the once magnificent Castle Rock and its surroundings. Can you discover the truth behind the grim fate of the fallen citadel and make it out alive... or will the original inhabitants catch you on your way out?
STORYYou just signed on with PAH Inc. Paranormal Activity Helpers Incorporated, yeah sounds corny, but the pay is great. They said you won't ever be in any real danger, and they have tons of work right now. Your first job is at some old haunted house. There is a broker wanting to put the house for sale, but with everyone in the town spreading rumors of evil living inside the house, he needs some proof that it is safe. He actually seems creeped out himself. Anyway, he hired PAH Inc. to check the place out. You can go check it out alone if you'd like, but I would take at least 3 more friends with me. Check the place out, and if there is anything supernatural going on, try to bring evidence back to PAH Inc.MYSTERY OF THE HOUSEThis house was built over 100 years ago. The owners ran a funeral parlor. They held normal funeral services such as ceremonies, wakes, cremation and burying the dead. The rumor around town is that they also offered a very special service, a way to talk to your deceased loved one on last time. Several people paid for the service, and after some type of ritual, they were able to speak to the dead. Something apparently went wrong during one of the rituals. A person from town and the owners of the house disappeared and were never seen again. Over the last century, a few people that investigated the incident never returned. A few kids sneaking around the place claimed to hear laughter and see a little girl in the window. There probably isn't any truth to any of it.GAMEPLAYIn Pacify, you will be running for your life around the narrow corridors of a dark, old house. There is a little girl that switches between good and evil roaming around. Different circumstances can cause her to change. Once the evil takes over, it will chase you and your friends all over the house. You must find a way to Pacify the evil and escape the house. As the game progresses, the evil gets smarter and faster.
Play alone in single player mode, or play with up to 3 more friends in multiplayer. In multiplayer mode, you can choose to play with or against your friends. Read the notes for clues about Pacifying the girl. Find and use keys, dolls, wood and matches to help you on your way. The girl can hear and see you. Stay out of sight, and stay as quiet as possible. Try different types of strategies to win.
- Single Player Mode
You can go in the house alone, but the game will be difficult. You must do the work of 2-4 people all by yourself. It is possible though and very scary to take on the girl all alone!
- Co-Op Mode
In co-op multiplayer, you work together trying to help each other escape the house. You can save each other from the girl by interrupting her when she catches someone.
- PVP Mode
In pvp mode, everyone is an intern for PAH Inc. vying to get a full time position. The person that does the most work gets hired. You can push each other down and get in each other's way. Pushing a player on the floor stuns them for 5 seconds and causes them to drop their keys.
15. Corridor Z
Ordinary high school, zombie outbreak and the bunch of survivors in a run for life.
This time you don't 'face' the obstacles, but the actual pursuit. Don't let the zombies catch you up, throw them the obstacles and aim for the head before they take the first bite. In the meantime find the lost recordings of the audio log and reveal where did the infection come from in your small town.
* Experience the most genre refreshing runner in years
* Get thrilled with the unique and intense gameplay
* Help the pom-pom girl, the jock and the jarhead to survive
* Discover the infection's mystery with voice-overed story
* Stock the awesome upgradeable arsenal: pistols, SMGs, shotguns and more
* Immerse yourself in multiple objectives designed for each of the characters
* ...and shoot down tons of running horror!
Be quick or be undead!
16. Dead Secret
DEAD SECRET is a first-person horror mystery set in rural Kansas in 1965.
"This is a bizarre experience." -- SWERY, director of Deadly Premonition and D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die.
Who killed Harris Bullard?
A reclusive man with a mysterious past is dead and it's up to you to crack the case. Investigate the crime scene, uncover secret documents, and piece together the puzzle to name his killer. But keep your wits about you: nothing is as it seems and you are not alone. Bullard took his secrets to the grave. Somebody wants them to stay there.
DEAD SECRET is designed for both traditional and virtual reality play. This game includes a free unlock code for the Oculus Rift version.Features
- Uncover the complex and mysterious history of the victim by investigating his highly detailed home for clues.
- Find items, solve puzzles, and collect evidence to name the murderer and make headlines.
- Discover the late professor's strange devices and use them to explore the deepest recesses of your subconscious.
- But watch out: a masked murderer is hot on your trail. Don't let him corner you or it's all over.
- Five different endings to unlock!
17. Verde Station
Verde Station is a first-person story/experience game set on a space station. During your year long solo mission you begin to question the world around you. The game reacts in subtle ways to how you play. Aboard Verde Station, you will test your wits, question everything, and strain to keep your sanity. Welcome to solitude.
It is highly recommended that if you like games that aim to surprise you and keep you questioning what's happening, do not read much about the game. The less you know the better experience you'll have. You can only play it for the first time once.Gameplay:Verde Station is a game of small details, many of which can easily be missed. It can be considered a mystery box game, walking simulator, exploration game, or story game. At its core, Verde Station is an interactive exploration game that lightly reacts to how you play it. Examine every detail of the station, pick up and view items, and dig into computer terminals. You will uncover clues about the station and have to decide if you can trust what you see and hear. As the answers come, so do more questions.Key Features:Reactive Storytelling: The core story of Verde Station is fixed but depending on how you interact with the game you will have a slightly different experience. The world around you reacts to the type of player you are. These are subtle changes specifically designed to match your personality. They are also specifically designed so you won't notice most of them until a second or third play-through.
Interactive Exploration: Examine every item in the station or just a few. Some items even react to how you interact with them. The more you explore, the more story you reveal, and the more you discover about what's really happening. Or so you may think.
No combat and no true puzzles: There are a few elements you may need to think through but no true puzzles. But there are rewards for those that explore everything. Go as fast or as slow as you like throughout the station. Only the most engaged players will find everything their first play through. If you interact with the world differently in a second play-through you'll see different things.
18. The Initiate
Opening your eyes, you see a modern looking bedroom. All is quiet. Vague memories flash in your mind as you stand from the cold wooden floor. A voice bellows from an intercom placed on a wall, which is surrounded by strange shaped markings. The voice tells you your mission; to use your intelligence and escape. This is your trial. Can you unravel the mystery behind your captivity, and most importantly, can you escape this treacherous and sinister ordeal?
The initiate is set in Oregon, Astoria and tells the story of Nathan Rockford. Nathan has lost his memory and has awakened in a house full of traps and puzzles. You take on the role of Nathan on an adventure to discover the truth to why your trapped here, who your kidnappers are, and have a chance to join a secret organisation and with it, the knowledge of everything.
- A UNIQUE MYSTERY PUZZLE EXPERIENCE
Encounter a unique story shrouded in mystery and conspiracy told over the course of this mystery puzzle horror adventure.
Many puzzles hide within the world, can you find and solve them all? Look everywhere, listen to everything.
Interact or examine over 60% of the items in game for a real immersive experience. Can you find everything within the world?
- ATMOSPHERIC SOUND
The Initiate features a great soundtrack and immersive ambience, which enhances game-play and tension.
- IMMERSIVE GRAPHICS
The Initiate uses Physical Based Shaders (PBS) for AAA-quality graphics that give players a detailed world to explore.
19. Wolf Tails
Moving far away from civilization, you hoped to live a life of solitude in a snowy cabin. Just as you begin to adapt to your peaceful new life, you discover an intruder; a wolf-girl, alone and shivering in your storeroom. Fearful for her life, you take the girl in for the night, offering her a place to stay until she recovers.
Once she has recovered, however, the wolf-girl shows no sign of leaving. In fact, she seems quite content to move in.
Soon after, yet another wolf-girl shows up, loudly accusing the “Princess” of running away from her duties to the pack. She wants nothing more than to bring the Princess back home with her and restore order - and despite your best wishes, you're now stuck in the middle of it.
- Play as a male or female (with dialog differences and cut-ins)
- Two wolf-girl romance routes
- Multiple endings
- Beautifully illustrated CG with short animated "intros"!
20. Last Days
Save or enslave? "Last Days" is a survival, zombie, horror, rpg game where every choice matters and will affect you long term. Scavenge for materials and weapons in post-apocalyptic Maine. This is not an easy task however, zombies search even the most Rural areas to find food. The story of "Last Days" creates itself based on your actions and words. Making good choices to better your people ultimately will bring you victory. Assemble a crew to perform certain tasks and make your own outpost. Find survivors in the area and make them your slaves or citizens. What kind of story will you make?
-Beautiful Pixel Art
The game is in a stable build but the game files are broken. The game can no longer be worked on. If you want a complete game, I do not suggest you purchase this game.
21. Tank Assault X
Tank Assault X is a hardcore, classic tank arcade game where logic has an important role in how you play the game. Get ready for an experience where it isn’t enough to just be able to move or shoot quickly to survive battles. In Tank Assault X, tactics play an equally important role as your ability to mash those buttons to move your tank around the level! Campaign on six different planets as you battle your way through more than a 100 challenging levels, so get ready for the real fight!
You will face different kinds of enemy tanks, ranging from small-sized scouts to massive, assault monster-tanks. Be on the lookout for stealth tanks as they might sneak up behind you, invisible, and try to take your tank down. To aid you in the battle for your survival, you have the ability to collect weapons as well as bonuses to increase your firepower along with your armour levels.
"I met Anne first, waiting for the bus. I asked her what she was selling and she laughed and said nothing, nothing at all, that what she had to offer was free for anyone who wanted it bad enough. I asked her what had helped her. She just said 'James.'"
Sagebrush is a short-form first-person narrative adventure about exploring the compound of an apocalyptic Millenialist cult in remote New Mexico years after they collectively took their lives in a mass suicide event.
In Sagebrush, you'll investigate the long-abandoned Black Sage Ranch, the former home of Perfect Heaven, an apocalyptic cult formed in the early 1990s under the guiding hand of the prophet Father James.Inspired by Real-World Apocalyptic CultsBased on extensive research into cult groups both famous and obscure, large and small, Sagebrush avoids simplistic motivations and easy answers. The members of the Flock are diverse and complex people with varied needs, hopes, and fears.An Immersive, Lo-Fi 3D WorldSagebrush features an evocative low-poly, low-resolution, less-is-more art style that combines retro aesthetics with modern technology, along with a fully-realized soundscape and an original ambient musical score that immerses you in the remote New Mexico desert.A Whole Compound to ExploreBlack Sage Ranch is yours to wander, from the trailers that housed the cultists, to the halls where they gathered for food and prayer, to the old mines that stretch out below the compound, untouched for nearly a century.Uncover the Real StoryFind notes, recordings, and belongings that give insight into the people who lived at Black Sage Ranch. What did they believe? Why did they join? Were they happy? And why did they choose to end it all?
Estimated Playtime: 60-120 minutes
23. Dead Secret Circle
DEAD SECRET CIRCLE is designed by hardcore fans of classic horror games. If you like exploring creepy places, discovering a complex story, solving weird puzzles, and running for your life from a straight-razor-wielding serial killer with a sinister laugh, DEAD SECRET CIRCLE is for you.
DEAD SECRET CIRCLE is a horror mystery game set in 1971 Chicago and the sequel to the critically acclaimed DEAD SECRET.
Five years after the events of DEAD SECRET, Patricia Gable's investigation of a serial killer leads her to a condemned apartment building in East Chicago. There she finds people living on the margins of society, too poor or too stubborn to leave, each with something to hide. The building nearly vibrates with secrets. And strangely, Patricia feels like she's been there before.What To Expect
- A creepy whodunit with a story that goes deep. Meet seven strange suspects, each with something to hide. There's a serial killer on the loose, and they know more than they are letting on. Delve into their lives to name the killer and discover the truth.
- Slow-burn psychological horror. Nothing is as it seems.
- You can run, you can hide, but you cannot fight The Laughing Man. Your only weapon is your wits.
- Comb the environment for clues. In DEAD SECRET CIRCLE you can freely explore every nook and cranny of the highly detailed environment with standard first-person controls.
- Solve devious puzzles in classic Adventure format. Collect items, review the clues, and unlock the secrets of this strange building.
- A haunting original soundtrack by Ben Prunty (FTL, Darkside Detective, Into the Breach).
- Multiple endings, a huge collection of hidden items and documents, and branching dialog paths.
24. TUNNEL DIVERS
Welcome to your new line of work, pilot.
TUNNEL DIVERS is an online free to play action game featuring futuristic space fighters that are specialized in destroying hordes of robots in enclosed spaces. With plenty of ships and weapons, claustrophobia won't be the most dangerous thing in the tunnels.
TUNNEL DIVERS is free to play and has no pay-to-win attached. Play online with your friends and against other pilots without feeling disadvantaged because you didn't pay for any DLC. The only one who should be paying are the suits from TAC-CORP!
TUNNEL DIVERS is a lightning fast twin stick shooter, you need to keep your ship on the move while combating hordes of robots or enemy players. Only those with the best reflexes and aim can come out as the top pilot.
Play cooperatively with your friends in missions, run the flag in Capture the Flag or just slaughter your enemies in Dogfight mode. More game modes on the way.
Vaporize your enemies with powerful weaponry, from long range laser guns to destructive miniature nuclear bombs.
Completely customize how your ship of choice is loaded out with weapons and special modules that can give you an edge in a fight. Earn money by completing matches and unlock more and more equipment.
Play missions and competitive levels designed by pilots all around the world. With painless map sharing, you can join a server without worrying if you have the correct files on your computer or not, as the game can automatically pull level files from the Workshop or the server host itself. Using the Workshop is completely free, however you will need to own the TUNNEL EDITOR DLC to create or edit levels.
Enjoy the musical talent of Gergely Kovács, who composed a full soundtrack for the game. If you like the music, please consider buying the game's soundtrack from him, a link will be available in the game's main menu!
25. The Falconers: Moonlight
Eighty people, either dead or missing. Rumours of monsters that stalk their human prey in the mist-clad forest. Moonlight is a gold mining town in trouble, and only The Falconers can help.
The Falconers: Moonlight is a supernatural thriller visual novel set in the 19th Century West Coast of New Zealand. Falconer, Cassandra Winter, is on her first solo mission. Can she save the people of Moonlight from their plight? Or will she disappear into the mist like so many others before her?
With an emphasis on action, and not romance, The Falconers: Moonlight boasts nearly 40,000 words and three unique endings.Features
- Gripping Storytelling! - The tale is penned by veteran author Edwin McRae, known for his work as the lead narrative designer on the popular RPG, Path of Exile!
- Unique Western Setting! - Mixes historical fact with supernatural thriller and fantasy fiction. Experience a story set in the remote bush of New Zealand, featuring a dark and gritty art style to complement it!
- Dynamic Camera! - Bring depth and cinematic feels to elevates high tension during animated action scenes!
The Falconers is an IP that mixes historical fact with supernatural thriller and fantasy fiction. Its stories are based in the 19th Century colonies of the European empires...Britain, Spain, Portugal, France, Sweden, Belgium, Italy, Holland, Germany, and Russia.
The Falconers are an international organisation of 'monster hunters' devoted to protecting European colonists from the entities that would thwart the spread of 'civilisation' into the wild frontiers. These creatures are 'The Cullers'.
And it all starts in New Zealand, the most far-flung frontier of them all.
A Visual Novel is like an interactive novel, where the reader can make choices. It is text-heavy but features images, sounds and music that help you become immersed in the story.
A Psychological Horror Game About Family.THE GAMEExplore and experience a fully immersive world as you embark on an ghostly adventure unlike anything you have played before. Come face-to-face with terror itself as you navigate around a haunted house, underground caverns, caves, and an old decrepit morgue. But beware: some mysteries are better left alone.SYNOPSISYour sister Michelle, is missing. All you have to go by is a letter that was sent to you by post. The letter is a plea for help; it begs for you to return to the home you grew up in, and to save her from the strange occurrences that have been plaguing her over the past few months.THE FIRST 5 MINUTES OF THE GAMEWhen you begin, you have entered your sister’s house. Rain pours down from the heavens and distant sounds of thunder and lightning can be heard. You struggle to breathe as you take your first step forward in to the darkness. Brace yourself, things are not what they seem.FEATURES
- A UNIQUE HORROR EXPERIENCE: Designed to provide a psychological horror experience. The game will consistently aim to unnerve the player, and will change the landscape and direction as you play. Nothing is as it seems, and nothing can be trusted.
- INTERACTION: The game features true immersion by allowing you to interact with around 80% of the items in game.
- JUMP SCARES AND FRIGHTS: Scares await you in this haunted location. You have been warned.
- DYNAMIC CHANGING WORLD: As you move around the world, paranormal events happen consistently. Brace yourself for anything to happen, and at any time.
- ATMOSPHERIC SOUND: Provides a perfect soundtrack which enhances game-play, immersion and tension.
- MULTIPLE ENDINGS: A tense story with 4 endings, that leaves you yearning to explore every nook and cranny.
- GRAPHICS: Designed to run at 60 fps at 1920x1080 on most PCs.
Note: This is a horror game, and as such, persons suffering a weak heart may be effected.
27. Gulf of Aden - Task Force Somalia
Gulf of Aden, Task Force Somalia, is a cross-over between real-time strategy and a tower defense game. During the game you command several kinds of naval vessels within the UN anti-piracy task force. You will have to arm those vessels with several kinds of armaments and measures where you have to deploy your vessels strategically during each engagement.
One thing leads to another within the game's narrative. The situation in the game escalates further and further. You will also notice situations getting more dire by each mission.
It’s a game which deals with a recent subject and which features a lot of violence. Notwithstanding all the shots and explosions there are no actual casualties in the game. You have to rescue all drowning pirates when their ships are blown up. These do earn you merit to upgrade to even bigger or more effective means of violence.
- 20 unlockable missions with each their own objectives
- Determine your own personal tactics for each mission
- Switch between high detail and tactical view seamlessly
- Free choice of turrets and movement of your navy vessels
- Balance between offensive, defensive and rescue
- Different types of navy vessels you can control
- Deployable Anti-piracy teams by helicopter or zodiac
- Several kinds of pirate enemies ranging from small to large
- Enhance your navy vessels with radar, speakers and extra targeting
- Mines and navigation buoys for quick tactical reactions
28. Jack Is Missing
A Game About Friendship and Jealousy
Jack had always thought Kevin was his best friend, until the day he was murdered by him. After the murder, Kevin felt hunted and that Jack's ghost was at the hotel to take revenge, but he assured himself that it was only his brain feeling guilty... Play as Kevin in this horror journey, who had just come back to the hotel after murdering Jack. You can interact with Kevin's laptop which reveals Kevin's evil plan. You can also interact and examine objects, as well as making phone calls with the telephone in the hotel room.Key Features
Immersive Experience: The levels are beautifully rendered to bring true horror.
Interact With Objects: Full control of lights.
Examinable Objects: Read notes and examine objects.
In Veer, you navigate the world through solving logical puzzles. The core mechanic used to do this is relative teleporting: Jumping between relative positions to pylons in the levels. This, in combination with the ability to change the direction of gravity, are the corner pieces of the game, where everything revolves around and is created for the core experience of puzzle solving.
Throughout the game, new ways of using the mechanics are introduced to create a more complex and challenging experience. Turn your world around, teleport yourself past obstacles, and find your way through the temple!
Categories in common with Veer: Indie
30. Operator Overload
Operator Overload is a new puzzle game by indie game creator Benn Powell. Solve your way through over a hundred levels of complex combinatoric conundrums using your logical deduction and problem solving skills, and then create your own using the in-game level editor for others to enjoy.